Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Good morning gals-I am still feeling puny-I usually get a cold that starts in my head and goes to my chest-just like this one-I always have the same type of cold-not fun-that is why I hate to get sick-I am not a fun sick person!

Monica-thank you so much for the card-you are too sweet and thoughtful--hugs

Last night Bill opened up one of those sock it to me cakes-I almost gave in and had some but I didn't--I did taste it with a small pinch-and that was it! glad this morning I made it thru the night without caving in and binging -I need to do that more often-and get my head into the game instead of my stomach! I have to get back in gear and think HEALTH again and not let food win over my health.

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Im here but feelin' crappy too. Planning on becoming one with my bed again momentarily. I will catch up with ya all in a day or 2. Take care all!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #363
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne a card is the least I could do!! Please feel better.

Michellehu- you feel better too !!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Dang the creeping crud is spreading--take care of yourself MichelleHu and stay in bed with lots of liquid-hope you get some special care--I have to fend for myself when ill! not a good partner for sickness do I have! of course he is coming down with it now--he will expect my total attention however! grrr

hope you feel better soon Michelle-stay down and watch movies all weekend--I swear by it!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-18-2014 at 05:17 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 05:33 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Good morning....

Hope everyone is feeling better. Take care of yourselves.

Off to work..."Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go...."

Only down .2 ????? really? I was good this week-end.

anyway, later
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #366

Jeanne - are you feeling better? You shouldn't have "shared" your germs with DH!

Anna - enjoy work? If possible! Dang that LYING CHEAT of a SCALE!

Michelle - how goes it up NORTH??

Michellehu- Feeling better? STay hydrated girl!

Me, I am back to normal feeling....and had a GREAT DD Friday, followed by a HORRIBLE DD yesterday! I think I need an intervention! I can't seem to get focused. It doesn't help that DH doesn't have his HEAD in it! I told him last night, if we can't get back to our rotations, I am switching to LC. He made it Clear, he didn't want to do LC, so maybe I can get him to focus for JUDDD, now!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Hey folks! Fellin better, just sinus pressure now. Hope I am fully on the wagon too. Felling icky is murder on a diet. Make it through today and I will be doing well. Hang tough guys, I'm rootin for ya!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies-it sounds like we all are getting a little better? we might actually make it huh?

Anna--anything going down is good? you take .2 and know that it will add more next week when the scale burps and adds more! it will adjust-hang in there and don't give up--it's a life long way of life remember--we need to get that in our heads.

Monica-that DH will get on board soon I hope-I wish I didn't have to watch Bill eat all those goodies in front of me-that is one of the hardest parts-he has eaten almost an entire sock it to me cake just this weekend! it would be nice to have someone on the same page as me!

I bit the bullet and jumped on the scale finally-not as terrible as I thought it would be but I have been good for several days this week after all the funeral things were over and I have been not eating much since sick either.

Michelle-how are you feeling?
Old 01-21-2014, 06:36 AM   #369

Jeanne - Glad the scale wasn't horrible! Feeling any better today?

It's Tuesday and it is COLD here! Temp is 8* and I believe with the wind chill it is negative something. I won't find out, what good would it be to know???

Enjoy your day ladies!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-schools are closed here today due to the weather-we have low temps and horrible wind so the wind chills are what is keeping the schools closed today-the temps are headed down to 9. and negative numbers tonite. When it rains it pours-I have diverticulitis now! haven't had that for years-it is in a weird place too-I will call the doc if it doesn't improve in a couple of days.

I need to get busy-later girls--check in Michelle-missing you
Old 01-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Hey I got to lower my stats. Yes heading in the right direction a whole lb. New lows all around! Cheers!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #372

Michellehu - yes you are ! Keep it up girl!

Jeanne - don't wait to call the DR! Call them now!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
MichelleHu ---WTG on the scales moving down and on feeling better. It is hard to stay on plan when you are feeling sick. So for you to lose during that is quite the accomplishment .

Anna--- Hope you are enjoying work. And any movement down is cause for celebration.

We had a small break in the frigid temps and now we are plunging again. It is -41 degrees Celcius which is -41.8 degrees farenheit. Too bloody cold no matter how you say it.

Monica---- I know you and your DH will get back on track shortly and when you do you will be committed. How is DS doing on JUDDD. Maybe the parents should be following the childs exampleLOL

Jeanne---- Glad the scale wasn't too hard on you. Has everything there settled down with your mom and family? How is your cold doing? I hear that diverticulitis is quite painful and dangerous. Maybe you should see a doctor sooner rather then later. Those husbands that eat whatever they want is maddening, Mine is beginning to gain weight because of his poor eating habits. I am being accused of shrinking his pants during laundry. Hopefully he does something before it's too out of hand.

As for me..... I am eating better but not great yet. I had to pull out my fat jeans so that should set me straight again, I hope. But my birthday is on Thursday and I know I will want dessert to celebrate, so we will have to see. I know I could make something LC but I think I deserve decadence on my bday.I am hoping to be good until then so I don't make things too bad.

Dogs are fine. Twinkle still having some trouble with potty training. I think she has a small weak bladder. SHe knows to ask to go out but she seems to need to go out every 2 hours, day or night. Ahhhhh!

OK I have rambled on enough, back to work!!!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #374

Michelle - That is indeed cold! I thinking planning a splurge on your birthday is a necessary thing! Of coarse, that is coming from me, sitting 9 pounds heavier than I was 1 month ago! LOL Don't work too hard girl! Do you crate Twinkle? That is the only thing that stopped Pip's accidents for us. Just curious.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:42 AM   #375

How is everyone today? I had a good dd yesterday. We attended the Debate End of season banquet last night. DS15 was mentioned several times for his accomplishments as a Novice Debater! It is definitely his thing. He is now in forensics and plans to just keep on going!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Doesn't surprise me at all about T! he will go far in whatever he chooses to do I have no doubt! debate would put me in my grave! public speaking would never appeal to me-I admire those who do it! makes me a nervous nelly!

Cold here today but nothing like you Michelle-I am thankful we don't have your temps!

Not much going on here-same ole same ole boring

Taking Mom to the doctor tomorrow for her shots-her back and shoulder-her back is really bothering her this time! hope she gets a good result--supposed to be a cold cold day tomorrow too.

later chickies
Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Just checkin in, doing fine, but busy, so will check back later-tater.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu-I keep meaning to ask you what kind of dog that is in your avatar--is he cleaning out the ice cream container?

I just drank my first ever Atkins advantage shake--it was French Vanilla--it was a pleasant surprise--not bad at all--I bought a case of EAS chocolate once from Sams-I tried the first shake and it was terrible-I took them back!! yuk! learned my lesson to only buy a small amount--I can tolerate these-not sure about any other flavors--have you guys tried any --I guess Michelle can chime in on what flavors are good on the bars!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #379

Jeanne - have you ever tried the Slim Fast low carb shakes? They are really good too!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

No I haven't tried those shakes either Monica-I will look for them-tonite I am trying food for the first time since my colon has acted up-it is feeling a little better-Kim brought over some old antibiotics for me yesterday-that must be helping along with resting the colon. I am making some cauliflower mac and cheese fritters-sounds good I think.

time to get into the kitchen for some prep work-Bill has had leftovers for days-poor guy is ready for something new!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #381

Oh those fritters sound great !!! Do tell, how were they ???
Old 01-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

the fritters weren't bad but I won't be making them again-they were an awful lot of trouble making them for not being any better than they were--If I spend a lot of time I expect things to be really good-so these don't really make-and they didn't taste like mac and cheese either-bill came in about the time I needed help and it was really a two man job making and frying.

Monica-can you explain again how to get pics off my phone and posted here again-I have totally forgotten--sorry-I will print the explanation out this time and not bug you again-I know I did it once I think? just when you have the time! thanks!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #383

OH don't worry Jeanne. It's no trouble. The way I do it is, pull the photo onto an online hosting site (I use photobucket). Once it is there, you just click on the image and it gives you options for posting. You want the option on the bottom. Click it, it will automatically copy it, then you come here to post and hit CONTROL V and it will paste the link right here for you.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Dang cant change my stats this morn and I was so hungry, head hunger. I powered through yesterday hoping for a drop. Didnt get my water in tho as we were running errands and I didnt want to be peeing all over town, haha

Feel like I am firmly in the right place in my head tho for making another big push after maintaining through December. So just have to play the waiting game for the body to cooperate. If only it would do what I tell it when I tell it.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne--- I have tried all the shakes and bars and I like them all (too much) I think I will not be buying these again as I cannot control portions with them in the house. It says a serving is one bar or one shake and my mine says 0ne box or 4 pack container. LOL

Monica--- I have never crate trained. I'm not opposed but I don't have a crate or a clue. I believe she either has a bladder problem or infection. Because she asks to go out but she asks every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. And when I put her out she squats right away. I just can't seem to get to her fast enough to slip a tray under her to do a collection of urine for the doc to check and it costs a fortune if they cathaterize(sp) or get a needle to extract urine to get a sample. Hopefully I get a sample soon and get it checked out. Otherwise she asks to go both for 1 and #2. She just has no holding power.

Still freezing here and snow up to our shoulders everywhere. What a tough winter.

How are you guys all doing?
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Oh yep thats Penny the dog finishing up the ice cream in the house right before we both went wheat free. Close as we can figure she is alot of probably fox terrier mixed with golden retriever. She is so odd looking everyone asks what she is. She looks like she was put together with left over parts. Ears tiny, had to have surgery on them because when a grass seed gets in there it sprouts, doc says her ear canals are smaller than a chihuahuas. Gigantic broad back and hips with deer legs. Smart tho and she has a fantastic vocabulary, but has the terrier mentality so headstrong. Hates men except DH but loves kids especially girls. Thinks slumber parties are just for her.

Oh and she has lost 15 lbs just going wheat free. She needs to lose some more but she will get there too. And she jumps and runs better doesnt have a problem getting up on her ottoman throne in the living room. Dont give her an aspirin once in a while anymore when having a hard time. Oh and her weird wheeze like an athsma attack that would happen once in a while has never come back either.

Probably more than you asked can ya tell I heart her!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:28 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday Michelle--sorry it is late but that doesn't mean I didn't think about you yesterday!!! Hope your day was super and that you did indeed celebrate the right way!

I did good eating all week and last nite when I got home late it was dark and I was famished--I was ripe for the picken! and Bill knew it--he drug me easily to Ponderosa where I ate freely of all the wrong goodies--back to the wagon today! somebody smack the crap out of me please!

it is 1 degree this morning--I have to get out to get my hair colored and cut--I just want to stay home and snuggle with Dolly--it was so cold yesterday-we froze our butts off--Mom got her shots and a RX for a uti so she needed to go

back later
Old 01-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Ok Monica-prepare yourself for this--How do I get my pics from my phone to photobucket? and then I get about using the img code and but where do I find the PLACE to hit CONTROL V?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:44 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu-thanks for the info on Penny-we are all pet lovers here--I have been thinking about going with a kibble that was grain free for our dog but I can't find any locally and people just look at your like you are nuts when you ask for grain free--what kind are you using? do you have to order or can you find it locally? I have a husband though who will not give up feeding her half of everything he eats and I can't seem to break him of that habit-makes me furious. she needs to lose weight too. Penny looks like a very interesting dog-I love the look of her and had meant to tell you that long before now. they steal our hearts for sure don't they?
Old 01-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Michelle!!! Happy Belated Birthday!! Sorry I am late.

Hope it was great, tell us all about it!!

Will be back later.

Love Penny, and glad she has lost weight, she is a member of "Victorious by Valentines" too, loved hearing about her. My kind of girl, I eat ice cream out of the box too.

Later

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote