Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Enjoy the "WARM" temps Michelle!!! Supposed to hit 50*F here this weekend. Man, we will all be breaking out the shorts!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/171.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Hi Girls-was it just yesterday I was here-maybe? anyway-right after I posted I got word that my uncle unexpectedly passed away sitting at the kitchen table-he was my mom's brother-the one that went with her to Texas over thanksgiving-he lives here in town-or did-then my aunt in Texas is now in the hospital as of today while preparing to come here-things have been a whirlwind of phone calls and running so I just wanted to pop in--I will return when I return-keep the lights on!
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:00 AM   #333

OH Jeanne, my thoughts/prayers go out to your family. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know I am most thinking of your MOM, must be awful for her!

It's Friday ladies! Plans for the weekend?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne Marcel and I are thinking and praying for you, your family, and your Mom. Take care and yes we will leave the lights on with a plate of low carb cookies waiting for you.

No big plans here. Weigh in is tomorrow and time to face the piper. After that, I will sit down, scold myself and make a grocery list and plan the week of meals ahead. Oh and put my tree away.

How about you Monica? Extra busy, regular busy????
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Oh Jeanne, so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your Mom during this hard time. Hugs.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Monica the pictures are beautiful!! You look terrific. Love the black dress. I'm glad you all had a good time.

Also Monica you are so right about your sister. Stay strong you may have to set an example for your parents. (Zipp "My parents, they are enablers.") Seems like there is always someone to give them $$. I don't understand it.

Jeanne I agree with Michelle and Monica, I like the Santa picture. And the mantle is really nice. You decorate pretty.

Jeanne check in when you can. We are all praying for you and your family.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday friends......

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Trying to eat clean.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Ha Found you guys! I'm Baaaack!
Made it through the crazy holiday shopping season, got down tto 206 couple of weeks ago but sitting at 209 this morn so I have maintained during the 6 or so weeks I havent been on LCF. Tried to restart last wee but just wasnt feelin' it, was hard but felt great yesterday and feelin great today so I think I am totally in now again.

Lost my Dad Dec 9th so DH had to fly out to Oregon and drive his truck and travel trailer back here during our busiest time so my Mom had to come help with shipping till he got back, what an experience. She did great learning the system but boy did I work her hard. Took DH a week to get back with the weather, never so happy to see him!

Its been crazy, but I think its all settled down now. Seems way harder to diet in the winter, last summer was a breeze compared to now so I am hoping for an early spring. Especially easier to get the water in when its not freezing.

Hope you all had great holidays!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

MichelleHu hey girl, so happy you are back!!

Sounds like you have been really busy, and your doing great.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Really sorry....sending hugs and prayers your way.

I think your right about the warm weather and water. I am trying to force myself down some water today and it is not happening. And when I don't drink enough water I tend to overeat.

Anyway glad your back.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu---Sorry to hear about your dad. Was it something expected? So glad you are back.

Jeanne-- Hope all is going well with you and your family.

Anna--How are things going with you?

Monica---You must be very busy. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well.

I haven't been around and when that happens you can bet I am being bad and this time is no exception. I received an Atkins trial package and even though it is "low carb" there is still a limit and I am gobbling up their snack bars like popcorn. Fifteen bars in 2 days!
What is wrong with me!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all....

Ahhh Michelle204
Quote:
I am gobbling up their snack bars like popcorn. Fifteen bars in 2 days!
I have done that too. I don't know. I ate "several" bars yesterday because I was down?? So your not alone. I tell myself they are LC, and not real candy so not so bad. But that is not true.

If you figure out how NOT to do that, let me know.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #342

MichelleHU- I too am sorry to hear about your loss. I think you did Great considering it all!

Anna- It seems this winter is causing issues for all.

Michelle - you can do this girl! Snap back into it. Maybe hide them? Not sure?

Me, I finally weighed. I am up 9 pounds! Yes, I said that right. 176 is my weight. I think that it was almost 1 month since I weighed in. No since sugar coating it. I ate/drank my way through the holiday's and the cruise! Now, back to reality! I had a good DD yesterday even though I am sick! My sinus' are giving me all kinds of issues. I feel a little better today, maybe by tomorrow, I will feel normal??? If there is a normal for me!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Monica-Yep thats 9 lbs worth of fun, we sure pay for it later, stop now and make sure they dont "go permanent". My sinus has been wreaked too been blaming it on the cold weather.

Michelle - just throw them out, those bars sound downright dangerous, surely capable of following you around and jumping in your pocket, have to watch them like a hawk and thats what they want.

Hi Salt!

Its slow in here, I figured there would be a new years rush, couldnt have died out that quickly?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #344

You are right MichelleHu, I don't want them to be permanent! Back on it! Of coarse today being an Up Day makes it easy! Yesterday was rough. I'm on so many meds right now for my sinus pressure/congestion/headaches I ate a little more so I would get sick to my stomach! TOmorrow will be better!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

honey I'm home! hey girls-back to the business of life! it's been crazy here-but finally everything is over as of last night-I shudder to think of how much I have gained-I DON't want to get near a scale for awhile! too many get-togethers with food as the main focus-it was great to see family from near and far but not for the occasion-isn't that how it goes?

MichelleHu-so sorry for your loss--I haven't read back except for scanning this page--so very sorry for your loss of your father! that is a big loss! glad to have you back with us.

trying to catch up here at home-poor kitty had a full litter box--shame on me-and so many other things to catch up with today!. I will be back later-hope everyone is good and hanging in there for the new year? we are in this to win right? let's get to sharing the good, bad, ugly and get this weight off for the summer!

Atkins bars must be good tasting! haven't had one but now I know who to ask about the flavors!!!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-15-2014 at 07:47 AM..
Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Good day yesterday, waiting for tom, hes late, but with the stress of the last month I am hardly surprised. But I know I cant lose when he is due so he better come a knockin soon. I am holding all his extra bloat water dammit he is supposed to come pick it up!

Planning a perfect day food wise.

Jeanne- oh just back away from that scale, not worth lookin at it for a bit!

Mornin' everyone
Old 01-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #347

Jeanne - glad you are home/safe and all is handled. I have been thinking about you a lot. Don't fret the scale and DON'T get on it. Give yourself a little time. No reason to beat yourself up! Good to have you back!

MichelleHu - Way to jump back into things! You are doing great!

I am feeling a bit better today. If the sinus headache would be gone, there's just a little congestion now. Hopefully the headache goes soon!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #348

Headache is still here but congestion is much improved. I am taking so many meds, it screwed up my BS yesterday. Didn't have the best DD! OH WELL, moving forward!

How is everyone here today?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Jeanne so glad you are back!! We missed you!!

Well I'm at a high with the weight ...so I gotta work harder at this. To many LC bars I know.

How are you doing Michelle? My partner in the "bar" department. LOL

Next week I am working for a friend (CPA) in her office while her secretary is out. So today I'm going over there to take a few notes etc. Sort of excited and scared at the same time.

Anyway I will check back later.

PS What's for supper?? I need ideals.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Ahhh Monica so sorry. I hate the allergy headaches. We have high counts of Mt. Cedar right now.

So words from "Dr Mom" take your meds, and eat what you have to, to get well. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--- Hope your headache clears up fast. No one needs that hanging around.

Anna-- You'll do just fine at new temp job. No need to be nervous. You've got this.
As for ideas for dinner.... yesterday I threw some stewing beef in the slow cooker with low carb BBQ sauce and let it go. It was great for dinner served over riced cauliflower. Day before was sauteed boneless/skinless chicken sauted and served with a cream cheese/ chicken broth gravy and green beans. Tonight leftovers.Tomorrow pan fried salmon with a squeeze of lemon and a spinach salad with pomegranate molasses vinaigrette. How's that?

Jeanne--- How you dong girl?

Me --- I'm sill working on being good. My meals are fantastic it is the snacking that is out of control. Yesterday wasn't too bad. Hopefully today a little better!

Later ladies! Be good!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls-I am like Monica-under the weather-no wonder-meeting and being around so many people I am not surprised-just don't want Mom to pick up anything-I feel like being under the covers today!

Michelle-you had my interest at the pomegranate venagrette-is there a recipe? sounds delish. your menus are always so good-I made a big pot of chili yesterday-good thing because the way I feel-no cooking for this gal today-pjs and the Kleenex box with the sofa are my friends today. when I get sick it hangs on and always goes into my chest with a forever cough-hopefully not this time!

Feel better Monica-I hate sinus headaches--there just isn't much to do for them except suffer!

Anna-hang in there with the rest of us--we all seem to be in the same boat-misery loves company isn't that what they say? keep trying and it will come off--you will do fine with helping out your friend--it may turn into something permanently part time-I know what I mean but that doesn't make sense does it? you can do it girlfriend!

there is a thread on here for crockpot meals-it may be a sticky-lots of ideas there-I look there for ideas and also on linda sues site-I couldn't make it without these two sites.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

My Pom Vinaigrette

1 Tablespoon sugar equivalent (I used sweetzfree)
1 Tablespoon Pomegranate Molasses
2 Tablespoons Water
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 pinch Sea Salt
1 pinch Black Pepper

Put in a jar and shake and serve.

To make the molasses. Put 1 cup Pom Juice and a squeeze of lemon and 1/8 cup of sugar equivalent in pot and simmer for an hour or so til reduced. Let cool and it will thicken right up like molasses. Store in fridge in jar and use as needed. This stuff added to a homemade BBQ sauce is great too. Any place you want that syrupy, thick sauce like pork chops would be good too. If you want it sweeter just add more sugar equivalent until you are satisfied. There is no science to this.

thick, syrupy
Old 01-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Oh almost forgot. Get well soon Jeanne. Take good care of yourself!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Wow Michelle, thanks for the menu ideals.!!!

I had white fish and greens. Tonight stew/roast meat and something green?
(things I already had in the freezer)

Anyway thanks so much!!

When you make the Pomegranate Molasses, do you just buy Pom juice?? Also, do you make your own bbq sauce?

Hope everyone has a great week-end.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

thanks Michelle for the recipe-you should become a chef-love your recipes-can you come start with me? I would love a chef-I spend way too much time perusing recipes and printing them off-then I can never find them after I have printed them-I don't know how else to do it --I never did learn how to make a file!

Monica-how is the H/A? better I hope?

Need to get something done today even tho I am still feeling puny-didn't get much done yesterday at all!

later
Old 01-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #357

I am late chiming in here. Last night I had Turkey burgers, I put them on a GF Waffle, it was YUMMY!!!

Jeanne - I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. Are you certain it isn't the FLU? We have tons of confirmed cases in our area. This year it seems to be hitting really hard. Also a horrible Tummy thing going around. Roto virus or something like that. BAD STUFF. I am lucky mine was only a sinus cold! Feelling much more like myself today. Congestion gone and headache gone. I am happy!

Michelle - snacking is what killes me too! I seem to WANT to be nibbling on something ALL the time!

Anna - roast! Love that you put it in and it "makes" itself! It isn't my favorite thing to eat, but it is nice to have it there and ready when I get home from work!

MichelleHU- how goes it???
Old 01-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #358

REST if you need to Jeanne, don't push it!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #359

It's FRIDAY and I am very thankful. Tonight DD12 is going to the school dance, thankfully we weren't needed to be there! Tomorrow is just practices for Haven and Sunday is all day volleyball tournament for DD12 and me! DH and DS15 will go to church and such on Sunday, I'll tackle the volleyball thing!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Wow Michelle, thanks for the menu ideals.!!!

I had white fish and greens. Tonight stew/roast meat and something green?
(things I already had in the freezer)

Anyway thanks so much!!

When you make the Pomegranate Molasses, do you just buy Pom juice?? Also, do you make your own bbq sauce?

Hope everyone has a great week-end.
Yes just pom juice.
Yes I make my own bbq sauce.