Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne---Cookies are the worst. I cannot say no to a cookie. They are EVIL. Sorry to hear that lead to the binge. But todays another day. Hopefully it is thee day for all of us.

I have readjusted my numbers. I have officially gained 6.8 lbs since starting this challenge. So I have altered my goal weight to reflect something more attainable. Which is just basically getting back down to where I started this challenge at.

My doggies are gone and it is more sane inhere now. My two are getting along much better. They actually played for a few minutes yesterday and today. There is improvement every day.

This weather is crazy it seems for everyone. I hope it doesn't get that bad for you Jeanne. That sounds like it would be horrible for you guys if it would come. So I will pray that it dies out before getting to you.

I hope Monica is sipping something refreshing and basking in the sun for all of us.

Anna--How's the weather where you are?

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Thanks Michelle--I am sure we will make it back to where we need to be--I think I am going to try again Monday--the weather people are making this storm sound intense and I am not enjoying that stress worrying about getting Mom what she needs--Hopefully she will be ok-she refuses to come here and stay-so I just keep calling -she has no cell phone either-My brother only lives two blocks away but he doesn't check on her hardly at all-but surely he would if the forecast comes to fruition?

Glad your foster dogs are gone and twinkle is getting along better with Ben-that has to be a relief-I figured they would eventually-glad to hear it though.

I am sure I have gained more than you Michelle--I am just not going to see it on the scale-I won't get weighed until the following Monday if I get restarted this coming Monday

later

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-04-2014 at 01:26 PM..
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi Girlies,

Well another day.....already ate a few chips. BUT I'm going to try to not let that de-rail me. Jeanne cookies are the devil for me too. And chips and ice cream LOL you get the picture.

But I am trying to change my thinking....yes I just ate chips...but I'm going to have a good LC dinner. And try not to snack after dinner. Just keep putting one foot (one meal) in front of the other. That's my plan anyway.

No clue what kind of diet I'm on. But I am trying for somewhat smaller portions...of the higher calorie foods. Trying to eat more veggies, like greens. Oh well, I'll see how it goes. Tonight we hare having some type of white fish. (I don't like fish) but dh does. I will drown mine in vinegar. BUT it is lower calorie........so I'm going to try. Plus I have cooked cabbage, collards and green beans. I might be green by St Patty's Day. And this might not even work. ??

Jeanne you and Michelle stay warm. Wow can't believe this weather. It was in the upper 60's here today. I freeze if it's in the 50's. BUT I do miss the Midwest so much. We have no 4 seasons. Only 2 seasons. Light tan, or burnt dry grass.

GTG, glad your vistors were so good for you Michelle. You are a "Rock Star"

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:00 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

good morning gals-so far all we have gotten weather wise is rain-if it changes to ice-look out but no snow-so much for the weather guys! the artic temps are to come this afternoon-I don't guess we can escape those.

I am still planning on returning to the woe tomorrow-still out of control and eating everything in site! grrr-not sure why I do that-wish I knew-I would stop it if I could-it makes me crazy! hate being out of control!

Anna-glad the chips didn't derail you--that is a good sign you are doing better than me in the control dept--WTG!!!! Bill had two clumps of cream cheese icing he left on his plate from his cinnamon rolls that he didn't eat--didn't take me long to scrape those up and eat them--see how I am! I love sugar and it has a hold on me! a true addiction once I eat a bite I am lost regarding any sanity at all! I hope someday I realize I can't have that first bite.

how was your fish? I love my fish fried and coated in cornmeal-I haven't figured out how to do that yet with this woe but I keep trying to find a decent substitute-I think you can have lots of green veges with this way of eating-we seem to get lots of green things eating this way--at least we eat lots of green-I make a whole lot of casseroles with green stuff and we eat lots of salads too.

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-05-2014 at 07:04 AM..
Old 01-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Hi

Well one more day under our belts as we all try to get back on the wagon.

Jeanne you know it will all click for you soon. And before you know it you will be eating better, feeling better and the weight will start to melt off. It always does.

I'm not trying to sound preachy, but that is how it is for me. I'm slower about jumping on the wagon this time. I will do better when the chips are gone and the oranges are done, and the chocolate is finished. Anyway....I'm moving forward and feel good about that.

I just had a hard boiled egg with mustard for snack. So good. I read about it somewhere here....on the JUDD board I think. Really good. If you like deviled eggs, which I do. Of course I still ate to much chocolate today....seems to be by biggest monster right now.

Anyway Keep On Moving
Old 01-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #306
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
We made it to San Juan!!! Thankfully we don't fly out till tomorrow. 4 inches of snow fell in KC area Saturday night to today . Tomorrow should be fine just majorly cold !!!!

I ate what wasn't nailed down and drank my share of wine. I will start back to it on Tuesday!! Might not weigh for weeks!!

Missed you all. I will check in again soon .

We had a great time. Soaked up the sun! Ocean ! Loved it all!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

great to see you Monica-you missed all the great weather! lol!

I am trying to restart today again girls-today is Bill's birthday too-so I will remember to celebrate it by not gorging my self with food-I hope-there has been enough of that already! ok-I did get on the scale-175.5-I gained 14 pounds during the madness-so scary right? just goes to show my addiction is real-and I need help! that must be a pound a day!

back later

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-06-2014 at 06:22 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #308

Girl I am right there with you !!!

Happy birthday to Bill. I will be restarting tomorrow !!!!
Assuming I don't freeze . I've spent the last week in flip flops and swimming in the ocean . Talk about a SHOCK!!! LOL
Old 01-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck with the re-adjusting to the weather Monica. It will be a shock for sure. We sure missed you here and look forward to hearing about the cruise.

Happy Birthday Bill! How many years young?

I haven't restarted yet either, but I am getting closer! Maybe tomorrows the day!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

good to see you back home and safe Monica--anxious to see and hear all about your trip! I love seeing the pics so don't be skimpy! flip flops right now sound so good--winter is hitting us hard!

Bill was the big 60 yesterday-we got a phone call from Nate who always sends a card but missed it this year--we heard absolutely nothing from either of his kids-never do--it always makes me mad but it is the norm! I try to just deal with it-I blame it on how they we brought up? it doesn't take much to call? anyway--I told Bill he is on the downhill slide now-it will go fast like the years do now!

I have my Christmas taken down but not put away-I need to go downstairs and straighten up all that mess-so it is still up here and I need to head down there-I hate going up and down-my next house will be one level!

later girls
Old 01-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Hi

Happy beLated birthday to Bill. 60 isn't old! (as I creap closer, still a few years off, but it goes so fast) Tell him he is young. Sorry about his kids. They are old enough to know better. I have one like that, and it just makes me mad.

Anyway...Welcome home Monica!! Shorts sound good. It was 20 here this morning. That is very cold for San Antonio.

I got my Christmas all down. Everything looks so sad.

Have a great day everyone.

Later
Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

I just have my tree still up. All other stuff is put away. I'll get to the tree soon. But with it being so cold so, so cold. I enjoy my tree still.

I read this post today
SPLENDID LOW-CARBING BY JENNIFER ELOFF: WHY THE SCALES CAN LIE!!!!
I thought I'd post the link here. It makes some sense. And maybe it will get me re-motivated. I wasn't seeing much losses before xmas and that was bringing me down. I'll try not to obsess on the number if i think I've done my very best. Let's see if that helps!

Keep warm everyone.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:10 AM   #313

anna , did I know you lived in San Antonio??? If not, I LOVE THAT TOWN! We had an amazing VACA there several years ago. That river walk is amazing! Love that mexican place down there....best Margaritas EVER and I have had them from all over !!! 20 is bitter cold for them!

Jeanne - that is horrible about his kids. Do you know, was Birthday's something they celebrated BIG? I ask because at my house, we did. It was a week full of celebrating it. DH's not so much. There are times he doesn't call his Dad, but I always get out a card. I think if they were brought up making a big deal out of it, it STICKS! Goodness knows I always talk to my parents on theirs. Can't imagine NOT! Heck, my Mom still calls up and sings to me! She even makes DAD chime in with it! Really funny actually! Tell him I sang for him.....if that helps! LOL I will post pics soon. This week has me SLAMMED!

Michelle - You will get motivated, I know you will! Don't obsess, that doesn't help anything. It's all relative. Remember! How's work going?

Our Chirstmas is still up. I think we will tackle that Friday night and Saturday. The laundry is all done and put away. All 8 loads of it! WHEW! I have started on #1 of the photo books (I will be putting together 2 of them) and I need to do the calendars for all. There are 867 pictures in all! OMG!!! It is probably a blessing the waterproof camera crapped out on us. The last day of the cruise the snorkeling was amazing. I can just see we would have done another 150 of just the fish and the coral! We are PHOTO *****S! Plain and simple! LOL

I will post them, probably this weekend! Have a GREAT HUMP DAY LADIES!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 01-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
I got my Christmas all down. Everything looks so sad.
January , in my opinion, is the WORST MONTH of the entire year! Cold/plain/nothing fun going on! Heck, it's already the 8th. Blink ladies and it's February!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

I say we leave the Christmas stashed handy and ready so we don't have too far to go for it to bring it back for next Christmas--I really don't want to carry it down to the basement today--I have it ready to go down for several days but I DON't like carrying it down there!

Bill's kids have never sent him a card or called on father's day either--really irks the crap out of me--I have to bite my tongue when my boys and my grands always remember him--it is really a sore subject every year-I don't understand it. it is one of those things that happens I guess?

Monica-I am sure you are catching up at work-relax and take a big breath girl--you will get it all done! I couldn't begin to do all you do in one day-let alone a week.. the snorkeling sounds amazing! I would hate to come back to snow and ice!

Anna--how is the weather doing now? we are still below freezing but a tad better--hopefully you are warming up too?

Michelle- I don't know how you tolerate that artic air--it just about cripples everybody down here--the schools haven't been in session for 3 days now due to the temps! crazy!

Chigirl-how you doing?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #316

Jeanne my kids were set to miss the first day back because of our flights returning home. They cancelled school Monday due to temps here too. Yesterday, NOT so much! Yesterday it got to 39*, heck compared to the day before, felt BALMY...NOT!

My sister is sick! Not sure if she caught what her DH had (he didn't go on the cruise with us but came down sick on new Year's) or something else. She left work early yesterday and is home again today with 102* temp. That girl does NOTHING for her health. I bet the entire 10 days we were with her, I saw her drink MAYBE 32oz of water....OVER 10 days. One day in St Criox, she got light headed and dizzy. We found her/Mom sitting on a bench unable to move. I gave her a protein granola (incase it was BS) and she was able to move one. Once in the boat, I started thinking, she had had NO WATER at all that day. Just POP (the sugar kind) and drink at the beach. DEHYDRATION ??? Plus due to her forced menopause, that girl SWEATS a lot! HELLO, losing that much fluid and drinking NO WATER! I swear, her DH is 19 years older than she is....and he will FULLY out live her. It's not what I want, but she drinks like a fish, smokes like a chimney and drinks FULL SUGAR pop and NO WATER EVER! I am not sure how the 2 of us came from the same parents!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

that is so sad about your sister--when I was reading I was hoping to read she wasn't still drinking-I bet her liver is shot-you are right-he will out live her-and if she doesn't quit soon and think about her health the grim reaper will visit-I have Bill doing the same thing with his smoking--he quit for two years and restarted--makes me furious that both his parents died of cancer-so he knows his history--I won't let him smoke around me-but I had several years that he did-It is his health-I tried! you can't make them take responsibility for their own health!

I am having hot tea and just looking at the big St. Claus pic I need to take to the basement-It might be TOO BIG for me to carry lol!! think that will work? I hate to get rid of him-I should have taken a pic for you guys-he looked good over my mantle this year-too late now--next year for sure!

I will be better at pics by next year I promise!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #318

OH I bet that Santa picture is awesome. did I ever tell you, I collect Santa's? I have MILLIONS of them!!!!!!

I should say, the ONLY water my Sister drinks is what she orders with her BOURBON. She does Bourbon and water, with ice! YUCK!!!! She has never, EVER tried to quit. Growing up my Dad smoked all around us. He has apologized to me MILLIONS of times. They are both sure my allergy and horrible sinus issues are due to 2nd hand smoke! Dad quit when I was pregnant with Haven, which was in January of 2001! WOW a long time. He tells me smelling it he STILL gets cravings! I have never even taken a drag off of one. They simply disgust me! YUCK! and don't even get me started on the expense!!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--- So glad you are back and had a good time. Can't wait to see the pics. I'm sorry for your sister. Both my parents were alcoholics and chain smokers. My dad died at 56 years old and my mom at 65. I was an orphan by 28 years old. Does your sister have kids? But there is nothing you can do for her. I know that first hand. Maybe one day SOON she will wake up and change.

Jeanne--- That stuff is way to big for you to carry down the stairs. LOL. I would have liked to have seen a pic of santa too. But I'm not one to talk about pics. I'm very bad at taking them too.

Well yesterday was a good solid day on plan and today so far is going well. Cross your fingers.

It is still bitterly cold here. It is suppose to break for a while tomorrow. We'll see.

Work is horrible Monica but thanks for asking. I haven't even gone into work more than 3 days since the 15th of December. We have been living off that money I won before xmas. Hopefully when it turns to more civilized temps work will get better.

Dryer is beeping gotta go. Have a great day ladies.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

I have actually have forgotten how to get my pics from my phone to here--see what happens if you don't use it--you lose it--I didn't want to ask again! I think I did take a pic of santa-but it was with the sun glare so not so good--I carried him down stairs--but I didn't rearrange anything like I need too-I have said I was going to do that for umpteen years now and stuff is just piled out in the middle waiting for me to go thru it--my job that I have neglected like usual!

Michelle-sorry about the work situation--that has to be stressful--hugs coming-and here you are feeding two more furry friends! I hope things pick up soon...hopefully after this artic blast! enjoy your time home! wish you could spend it with me! I would love that!
Congrats on a good day--I am doing ok too-had the major water flush today so I know that means ketosis is coming-I was really loaded down with swelling this time! could have been all those Fritos!!

Monica-I think? I sent my santa pic to your email--I don't have a clue how to get it to Michelle or here--so if it screws up your email--sorry friend! I am due another inservice some day when you have time-not now when you are doing catch up--much later!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-08-2014 at 12:58 PM..
Old 01-09-2014, 03:00 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Good morning girls....

How is everyone?

Monica your trip sounds like so much fun. Sorry about your sister. My ex was/is an alcoholic, not a pretty life. So sorry to hear that. I went to Alanon for several years. He never did anything, because he doesn't have a problem. Anyway I am sorry, it is difficult to watch someone you love do that to themselves.

I use to smoke....quit over 20 years ago. Sometimes I still think about it. But I don't like the smell in my hair, clothes etc. And the health risk, expense etc.

OK my post of true confessions is over! LOL

I guess I am back to LC. I know what to do.....or maybe to lazy to learn a new way/diet. Anyway went to lunch with my dh yesterday, we had the best corn beef sandwiches. I ate no bread, he had a little. Anyway sure was good.

Michelle, sorry about the slow business. I don't like to shop if it's cold outside. Hope business picks up soon.

Jeanne have one of the grands help you sort/put up all the Christmas stuff. My grandd put stuff in boxes for me (helped) she played too, but we got a lot done. And my daughter helped me put it back in the garage. Hubs...nothing. LOL

GTG, lots to do.

Later
Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

How You Commit!

A great thread on the Main Lobby.....sorry not sure how to hyper link. But it is a good read.

I like "one word" throughts for a whole month. Maybe I can remember that.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:17 AM   #323

Jeanne's Santa Picture
Old 01-09-2014, 05:17 AM   #324

For the record, I LOVE your MANTEL all decorated.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:22 AM   #325

Anna - I went to Alanon a year or so ago. It definitely taught me, STAY OUT! Her issue isn't my issue. I just love her for what she is. If/When she wants help, I will make sure she gets it. My parents don't help the situation either. The way DH booked our cruises, we all had a $190 credit to use on the ship while out. For whatever reason my parents credit was on her account too! My sister DRANK almost the entire $380 worth of credit. I suggested they go get it changed, my Mother said, well what would we buy anyway? One morning my Dad was speaking of his disgust at how MANY drinks my sister had consumed the night before AND how she acting. I just looked at him and said, WELL, thank yourself, because YOU bought them all for her. ....that is where the discussion ended. HECK, in my opinion, better to let Royal Caribbean get that money than for my sister to DRINK IT! OK, end of soap box. My parents, they are enablers. My MOM is constantly giving my sister MONEY because supposedly she doesn't have any. She has a good job. She drinks and smokes a LOT and that is costly.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:24 AM   #326

Michelle sorry to hear about work! That stinks. I guess God provided where it was needed with your winnings.

Jeanne - Anna has a good point. I used to help my Grandma do stuff all the time. All through high school and even in college! I would tell her I was coming and told her, HAVE your LIST ready and I can run up or down the stairs for you! She had horrible steps to both places. STEEP and clunky!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:25 AM   #327

Well I managed a good Up day! I think it's the first up day in months that I have actually counted all calories and stayed within my 1900! Look at me go! LOL True test will be today, with the down day! Aiming for 800c
Old 01-09-2014, 06:15 AM   #328

Here are some pics:

My sister, my Mom and ME!

All 7 of us.

My Family

Haven and ME

Sister and me

DH and I! I told you. We ate/drank/and were merry!

Just me!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Fantastic pics Monica. You look like you really enjoyed yourselves. Where to next year?

I wouldn't worry about a good DD either. You look gorgeous in all those pictures and don't need to change a bit.

Jeanne--- I love that Santa picture and your mantle. You decorate so beautifully and tastefully. I love it.

The weather system has broken. Today we are warming up to -25* . I will be out taken care of things outside for sure. A little shovelling got neglected because of the freezing temps. I think Marcel has given himself a groin hernia. He has just stopped doing anything except going to work and sitting at his desk. I can't blame him. I wouldn't want to shovel either if I had a hernia.

Had a good day yesterday now for day 3!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Fantastic pics Monica. You look like you really enjoyed yourselves. Where to next year?

I wouldn't worry about a good DD either. You look gorgeous in all those pictures and don't need to change a bit.

Nothing over the holiday's next year. I about had a nervous breakdown during them during 2013! What with the trip to CO over THanksgiving and then Christmas/prepfor trip/ then the trip. I truly told DH, I love going, but it is time for 2014 our BUTTS to be sitting at our own home over Christmas and New Year's! HE agreed. I even went as far to tell my Mom/Dad/Sister that we were hosting this year. If they don't want to be at our house, that will be fine, they just won't see us!