Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I'll be back on 01/07/14! See you all then!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #272

I will need to FOCUS when I get back. My last successful DD was 12/19!!!! OH MY
Old 12-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Monica-- Have a great vacation. I'm sure you and your family will have a blast.The scale and us will be here when you get back. Your pics are gorgeous. But with a gorgeous family you can't take a bad picture.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Anna were you able to get back on plan yesterday? I'm still not willing to jump back on. I have thrown out a lot of the bad, evil foods but some I just couldn't . I wish my DH ate some of these candies but he doesn't and I feel like such a waster just throwing out. But I know I am only hurting myself.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne-- how is all the family time going? Are you hugging all those grand babies for us? When do they leave? How did Dolly do with all the company?
Old 12-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
hey girls-just a fast moment--I have been eating everything in site-way too much sweet things -late nite eating after everyone in bed-the old pattern never dies-and not even caring eating! I won't touch the scale-it has to be bad! the kids won't go home until Monday-so the eating continues until then! I will not be weighing then however-I will give myself a week to get back into some kind of control!

Monica-enjoy the vacation! we will miss you!

Michelle--how goes the doghouse funnies? I am sure it is a lot of fun! in its own way! when do they go home? we will get back in gear together!

Chigirl--you must be the only one of us who has maintained so you are responsible for bringing us back to normal! what is your secret?

I will try to pop in--not many chances tho-I get the kids by myself Sunday nite while Nate and Rachel go to a concert and dinner down to Evansville-so there will be about 6 hours or so I will be in charge--I am excited and scared at the same time-they are a handful! I will survive and Bill will help me but once it is his bedtime--nothing stops his bedtime!

later friends

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #277

Michelle - kiss those furbabies for me! Wish them all a Happy New Year from their KS PAL!!!! I am right there with ya on eating whatever it is, especially if I shouldn't!!!!!

Jeanne - do give yourself some time after you jump back on plan before you step on the scale. Truly, no reason to BEAT a DEAD HORSE, KWIM? You will do GREAT with those grandkids! They are truly LUCKY to have you!

MISS YOU ALL!

Anna - Happy new Year to you too! Dust off after the holidays and then jump back on plan!

Chi- you are doing great....We all BOW to you!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
Old 12-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Monica you are probably on your way to vacation....

If not thanks for the pics. (posted eariler) Your family is "Picture Perfect"

Happy New Years to all of you.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Michelle as for as eating....sigh.....

I did real good until last night. Then I ate real ice cream, and a few bites of cheese cake. Why?? Then I ate cereal?? What is wrong with me?

So far today is better. I just get tired and don't care I think?? Maybe that is just an excuse??

Anyway DH mom just called him at work, she fell. So he is on his way to the hospital to meet her. Hope it isn't to bad. She is 80. (he just called me)

So, sorry got side tracked. I plan on making cabbage soup tonight. I love it, so maybe if I have that for snacks/meals I will be better?

How are all the pups? When does the company go home? Hope Dasiy is feeling better.

What does Twinkle think of the other dogs?
Old 12-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne hold the babies as long as you can!! They grow up to fast. I am so glad they came home for Christmas. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with taking care of the grands/and the grandma's. My dh is like Bill, at a certain point it's just up to me. I'll be thinking of you babysitting Sunday pm.

My baby's birthday is tomorrow. Time flys, as you know.

After the new year we will get this eating/sugar thing under control. Finally, once and for all. *It can be done. DH is t2, and been LC for 1 yr, and he has had one or two bites of regular food during the holiday meals, but has stayed on plan. He says most of it is to sweet now. He is off all meds and doing great.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

btw, Monica, my brother with the new baby lives in Springfield MO.

It takes us 17 - 20 hrs straight driving to get there. 17 hrs if DH drives, and 20 hrs if I drive. But I want to go. Will probably have to wait until spring break, or summer.

Last edited by saltnpepper; 12-27-2013 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #282

Anna- I graduated from SMSU (now MSU) with my accounting degree. I love Springfield. We were just there in June!!! Great place that grows more each year.

GreAt for your son off all meds and Rocking the LC. He learned from his MOM!!!

Thanks for the comments!!! Happy New year to you
Old 12-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Just a quick check in. It is loud and busy at this doggie fun house. My foster babies leave on January 2nd and I think I am going to sleep all of Jan. 3rd LOL. I think having 4 dogs is very similar to having grand children over. It's nice of them to visit but it's also nice when they leave.

I will not even discuss my eating behavior as it will only depress me and I'm not up for that. Back on track January 3rd I hope. Fingers crossed. I will hAve lots of work to do to undo what I've done.

Later ladies.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #284

I'm right there with you Michelle. Heck sitting here waiting to get on our ship I are a bag of chips!!!! It's the season.

Michelle you are kind to take care of the dogs!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

the kids went next door for awhile--Bill is sleeping, Dolly is traumatized forever I fear-Lucas screams and chases her constantly-her eyes show the constant fear--I feel for her-but I can't hold her constantly--Bill tries to shield her-tonite they will be going to Evansville for their nite out-I am sure they will enjoy it-Nate still doesn't know for sure what they are doing-I think that is so cute of Rachel to surprise him! I hope they have a wonderful time-they so deserve it! Allie is just so different than Lucas-she is a sweetie pie-good natured and quiet-I hope she stays that way! I know they need a quiet easier one too! You have to be on your toes constantly with him-there is no sitting down when you have one like him! I am not used to it that's for sure!

and the eating--I don't want to even go there--glad I have company but I will hopefully get back on track soon-I am not weighing for awhile-I already know it won't be pretty! I am swollen too-eating carbs does that to me but I have eaten chips too--it would be easier to say what I haven't eaten-lol! not much I haven't devoured this past few days! you name it--I have had it--I have taken full advantage of the holiday fare!

Monica--enjoy your trip! I am sure you will!

Michelle--I am sure having four dogs running would seem like a zoo--it won't be long now--you will need some quiet time too--I will be ready for a down day also-although I love having them here too-It is always nice to have my quiet house back!

I just pulled Chicken Lady's carrot cake out of the oven-I figured I better bake something to help me get back into gear-I really enjoyed it the last time-It was so good-this time it baked faster so there must have been something different-I never make anything the same twice it seems! hopefully it will be as good as the first one--I bought some cream cheese flavoring to add to the icing-I hope that makes it better also.

later girls
Old 12-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone.

Michelle I think you are so right about the visiting doggies and visiting grandchildren. I bet Jeanne would agree right now too. My g-daughter spent the night Friday. I love her, but I am so tired. LOL

Happy sailing Monica!! Sounds like so much fun.

Jeanne, the kido's will be gone soon. I'll be thinking about you tonight. I wonder why one child is so full of life, and another child is just more content with things? My g-d is very loud, sometimes when she is here Pepper just goes to his cage or another room. Poor Dolly.

Almost a new year. We can do this. 2014 will be the best.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:44 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

the kids and grands left late yesterday--love when they visit and time here-but love when they are gone too--nice to have my home back! I am thrilled actually-three is worse than two! lol! he is truly a wild one! hopefully his sister won't learn from him--she is a sweetie pie at this time!

My plan is to get back in gear on the 2nd! I have a plan! who knows if it will happen? I am hoping! my sugar actually has been pretty good-I think I must have shocked my pancreas into working a little?

getting ready to leave and take Mom to the doc-back later

Happy New year to all--we tried to have plans with one of my friends who is a nurse-they stood up with us when we got married-but she doesn't get off until late so we will celebrate another time with them --we are both getting to the point where we want to be in bed at the strike of midnight-especially our spouses!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:45 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

-50 deg. celcius or -58 deg far.

However you read it. It is fricken cold up here. And will be for 2 more days. God bless us all.This is even too cold for us.

The dogs are going out but just for seconds. I don't blame them, but I am getting cabin fever locked in here with all of them. But we are being advised to stay in as skin will freeze in less than 2 minutes.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Happy New Year Everyone

Jeanne glad you enjoyed all the kids. But I'm in your camp too....glad to see them, but happy to get things back to our normal. And me and my dh will go to bed right after midnight also. We are not good party people.

Wow Michelle, that is very cold. It is 50 something degrees here today, (not -minus, but above the 0 point) and my hands are freezing. Take care girl. Do you all have plans to go out tonight?

Jan 2 sounds like a good re-start to me....as I munch puffed corn cereal.

Later
Old 12-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-I don't think there is any way we will make it to midnight tonite-I am already dozing off in my recliner! glad to have you coming with me for a January 2 restart--maybe it will help me with the restart this time? I am notorious for fake restarts!

Michelle--that is just crazy cold! I did finally see the news tonite-It has been too nuts with noise here and the only thing I saw was Scooby doo lately! I saw that extreme cold is going to hit us next week--you should keep it up there with you--but it is headed our way--as long as it is just cold and no ice or snow I can handle it I think? pity those who work outside like my hubs though-he seems to tolerate it pretty well with all his warm clothing.

Happy New Year girls!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

well--the kids left us with some left overs--Nate texted me that Allie was sick with a cold and his tonsils were swollen-he was coughing a lot here and I thought he was sick-he said it was allergies but I didn't think so--I am feeling like I might be catching something--my biggest worry is my Mom--she was with me all day yesterday and the kids visited with her and she held the baby for an hour or so--I sure hope she doesn't pick up anything-I told her to take her vitamins and drink fluids-hopefully she will be ok?

Tomorrow is my restart--I am totally ready to get back in gear--this cramming of junk is crazy--I am hoping I am able to stick with it--Annie hope you are with me--Michelle how are you doing? are you back in gear?

not sure I am getting dressed today--It might be a jammie day-putting away the Christmas for sure and getting that done and watching some of the rose parade-anybody else doing anything big for the day--I hate holidays midweek!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:05 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone

Well, here I go again. Not sure what direction.......still thinking.

Mostly LC, but I need to add more low GI things, more veggies.

Anyway, just wanted to say HI, hope everyone is warm. Michelle I can't image those temps.....

Jeanne hope nobody in your family gets sick. It is so scary.....lots of sick people out there.

Have a great day.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning--I am restarting today--it is always low carb for me--I just feel better and I believe in it--I am really just not committing to the gluten thing yet because I am too lazy-I need to do it--I believe in it even though I haven't read much about it--I think all the GMO stuff is enough to make me do-I just haven't! I love my tortillas-if I find one locally I would switch in a heartbeat-I just haven't! I haven't been on the scale since I have been bad to the bone-I don't want to know! maybe Monday-maybe not!

going to work on putting away Christmas and straightening up stuff today-feel a little stuffy -I could be picking up a cold--I am trying to be positive-I don't want one-I get bad colds and they hang on forever! I am taking Vit C! lots of it!

Michelle-are you back to two dogs today? A big sigh of relief for you? I am sure I would be taking a day to relax!

Anna-anything happening as far as your bathroom remodel? I have so much I would like to do but the money is a major issue-it isn't happening! we never did finish our basement and now it is almost 20 years later and things need to be updated everywhere.

later girls
Old 01-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning and Happy 2014 Anna and Jeanne!

I still have the 2 dogs til this afternoon. They have been wonderful. I think Twinkle has been the most challenging. She is beginning to play with Ben and doing most of her business outside. If it weren't so flippin cold, training would go better I'm sure, but it is still below -40 degrees here and I am not in a rush to open and close the door.

I am trying to jump back on the wagon too. I will only weigh in on Saturday and see how much damage I have done. But I must admit every evil bite was delicious, but probably not worth the several pounds. I have to look for my bigger jeans today because the ones I was wearing over xmas just won't zip up ANYMORE!

So a toast to us starting over AGAIN and good luck one and all!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-your story sounds familiar-I already got into my bigger jeans a few days ago! that tells the story-I almost got rid of them--good thing I didn't! we are getting your frigid artic cold now! it is supposed to be ten below by sunday nite I believe--not as terrible as your numbers but bad enough! I wouldn't go out to potty either if I was a pup!

just saw the news--we are supposed to get 10 plus inches of snow over the weekend--I think Sunday night-and I have to get a haircut Monday-I doubt if I make it-and my hairdresser is one place you usually can't get back into if you lose your place-I will have to try and make it-and it's out of town like everything we do--snow and bitter cold--lovely combo!

made it through the first day back on plan-one day down-wish I was back in ketosis-have been hungry and went to bed early rather than eat.

later
Old 01-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne take care in the cold and snow. I'm sure 10 below is very cold for you guys. It's all what you are use to. I know here in spring when it is close to 0*F we don't even where jackets anymore. But I'll take the cold and snow over crazy typhoons and hurricanes.

My first day back on plan was an epic failure. Try again today! Glad to see that you were able to jump back on. I'm jealous of your willpower.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I have no willpower-I went to bed early early rather than eat and graze my way thru the entire house-I NEED ketosis badly! I do have carrot cake and ice cream and fudge made which I had all three yesterday! nothing like feeding my cravings! who knows how many carbs I had yesterday but I felt like it was at least better than what I had been doing which was terrible! I will try to be a little bit better today and gradually work myself into only eating those things once a day--or maybe twice-lol! you can do it Michelle--get something baked and handy-I can't do this without a plan-and substitutions for the regular things!

Anna--how are you doing girl? did you decide what plan to go with? and did you get restarted? restarting is so hard after eating--I saw Bill eating a bowl of cereal last nite and could have kicked myself for not eating a big bowl of cereal while I was eating off plan! it was just about the only thing I didn't eat while I was off and eating/binging! I love cereal! oh well!

back to cleaning and putting away Christmas--why is it that it never gets put away in the same box as easily as it came out? there seems to always be more?
Old 01-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jeanne and Michelle

Well at least we are all trying to get back on the wagon. LOL

I did pretty well all day until after supper.....not hungry but I managed to eat some chips. Why, don't know. And I ate an orange.....my neighbor's tree. They are so good. And good for us?? Right.

Not sure what kind of plan I am/will be doing, but I am eating "cleaner" than during the holidays. I like LC, believe in it, but I need more veggies, and lower calorie. I know I said the c - word. (calorie) But I am barely 5 ft tall, and very small frame. I just can't eat the unlimited calories.....plus I am getting older. And I don't exercise much.

But I still consider yesterday as a step in the right direction.....for all of us. We are mindful, and we are doing better. Even one good LC meal a day is better than what I was doing. (I could have been Bill's parten in crime, I ate bowls of cereal every day I was off plan. Love Chex cereals....oh my)

Anyway....I too have been taking down all the Christmas....so sad.

Check back later..
Old 01-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

grrr-confession is good for the soul--blew it today-big time! two cookies started a big binge!!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:43 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

we are under another winter storm warning until Monday at 1am--it sounds like a wicked storm with temps to dangerous levels like we haven't seen in 25 years with blowing snow up to 12 inches again --I am getting tired of winter and these extremes--it seems there is always a warning of something for us lately! the grocery store last nite was a frenzy of people with lines down each aisle where you couldn't even shop--people were buying up everything in fear! I won't go again in the evening like that when there is a warning out-I never imagined it would be like that!

Monica-hope this weather extreme is all over by the time you get back and you have no trouble with cancellations! I saw a bunch of cancellations with the current system-this storm ION is the next system!