Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
~~LCMW~~Fall 2013

Starting us up!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loved reading your blog, Adi, mystery squash is looking good! I grew butternut squash this year, I made soup yesterday, butternut squash, cubed and cooked until soft with a little onion & garlic, blended in the Vitamix with a bit of olive oil & maple syrup, then made a basil pesto (no cheese) that I dolloped on top, so good!

Went back again to the garage sale and got rocks this time, I really like rocks as accents in the garden and this is the first place I've ever lived that didn't have a local source. Dirty work, but they look great, just where I've unloaded them.

Getting a bit more on track with my diet, I've been researching supplements and found a routine. Vitamin D, K2, A, C, Iodine, Selenium, Glutathione, Magnesium spray & Collagen. D & K2 in the morning, A, Selenium & Iodine with food, glutathione once a week, magnesium spray, collagen & C drink before bed.

We'll see how all this goes, I ordered an organizer/dispenser to help me keep track.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Thanks for starting us up Dak!

I love rocks in the garden. Our landscape guy put some down in the bed near the house to hide the drainage from the AC. They look so pretty. Amazing what a little pile of rocks can do.

I need to get back to the collagen. I've been trying to get my stomach settled and I seem to be doing well. I'm back to trying to cut sugar, except the occasional chocolate and cutting out all grains. Might eat potatoes occasionally.

I've been doing great with walking and someone in work yesterday asked me if I'd lost weight. I think I did lose about 5 pounds. I can feel it in my clothes.

I'm going to my friends house tonight where 3 of us are starting a stitch-n-****** club. She's having tortellini soup and tomato pie so I'll have some soup and skip the pie.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're welcome!

It is wonderful what a pile of rock can add to a garden. Tomorrow I plan to play around with them a bit, find out where the best face of the rock is and do some placement. I sometimes find myself wanting to re-arrange landscape arrangements I see, it will be fun to play with one of my own.

Congrats on your walking off the pounds! I just borrowed DS's bike, looking forward to taking it to Yosemite.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Identified one of my mystery squash as Costata Romanesco Squash a Itanlian/Roman Ribbed zucchini but the other one I bought the seeds at the feed store bulk and it was label as black zucchini I think. But it is striped just a total different squash than the other one. Fatter, smoother no ribs. But both are delicious and I am so happy to have fresh veggies even if it is just chard and zucchini.
Raining again too.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

We have gone from drought conditions to floods. Central Texas has flooded. Luckily we are on the Eastern edge of it so we got lots of rain but not like Austin. So now I get to wear my rubber boots to do chores. This morning I had to wade water to even get to the babies to feed them their milk. Sun is out now though.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish you could send some of that rain our way, we're still in drought mode. I hope we get some rain this year.

Strange Halloween. An acquittance I know contacted me day before yesterday looking for a specific type of massage work, lympathic drainage. I've taken one course, years ago, (I can do lympathic facials, LOL) but this woman sounded really really sick, stage 4 ovarian cancer. She needs someone really skilled, not me, with my 4 day workshop, so I referred her to a certified therapist. Well this evening I find out she died last night. She sounded sick, but not that sick! I feel so bad for her son and mother.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

adi, stay safe! Are they expecting the rain to stop anytime soon?

Dak, that's so sad about that woman. How old was she?

Well I got into the candy. Gotta try to stay away from it until Monday when I can take it all into work.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - gosh that is so sad. Guess we never know. And with rain either. We have been without for so long we can't complain but gosh Austin was under water.
kritter - It is clear today but supposed to rain again this weekend. You can walk off that candy with Jersey. She won't let you gain.

Still messing around with our mortgage company. We have a conditional approval but have to write letters explaining 6 items. Why do we pay Producers, Tractor Supply and Bluebonnet monthly? ARE those debts? Bluebonnet is the electric company. Guess anyone could figure out why we pay them. And we have 3 large dogs and 3 small dogs that get their feed from Tractor Supply. Producers is the feed company we buy goat feed from. Love the Bluebonnet inquiry.
Then we have to explain why we have a credit report requested BY THE MORTGAGE COMPANY. Well, gee, can't they figure that out. Then we have to prove that we bought this property in 2000. Again can't they figure that out? We have had the same mortgage company for 13 years. It is almost getting comical. If we didn't need the funds for DS I would tell them to just forget it.
Annoying and time consuming. I have to dig through my files to get all this stuff out for them so they can check something off.
I have picked more squash from my fall garden than I got in my spring and summer garden. YEA!!!
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
Old 11-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your late harvests sound so nice, Adi. Over here we're looking at the first frost coming up. What a pain with your mortgage company. Sounds like government, right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

Lil Miss, I think she was in her early 50's, late 40's. Apparently she had had a bad reaction to some electrolyte therapy she had done (I have no idea what electrolyte therapy is?) Stage 4 ovarian cancer. I know she was also doing chemo. She had made a few appointments with people, I'm sure she didn't realize how sick she was. Her friend found her the next day. I guess she died with her dogs.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:41 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

More rain. I had zucchini for dinner last night with some ground meat and spaghetti sauce. Yummy. Also the appraiser came yesterday so we shall see how that turns out. Since it was early afternoon and too late to go to work I made a batch of soap and poured two batches of wax melts. Got another tube of portion cups out of the case and was surprised at how few were left. Case holds 2500 so I had to order another case since I know that won't get me through Christmas.

Off to feed my babies their milk and to get ready to go to work. I was 140.2 this morning after an UD so I am happy. Got to get it down to 139 consistently following an UD but it is close enough for now.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all,

Back from Yosemite, trip was really great. We did a lot of hiking, my goal now it to keep it all up.
Weight is the same, 164, really want to see the 150's again, especially not that the holidays are coming up. At least I didn't gain on the trip.

Your soap makes great Christmas presents, Adi. Boggles the mind though to think you've gone thru a 2500 case, that's a lot of soap. Do you have a list of what you have available this year?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, was it cold in Yosemite? I wanted to do the same thing after Paris. I was doing good with walking but now that it's dark at night and so cold, I'm being a weather weanie. It's supposed to go down to the 20s tomorrow night!

I'm determined though to go for long walks on the weekends and to try to get the dogs out for a walk at lunchtime at least a few days each week.

Adi, do you have a lot of fairs planned for between now and Christmas? Hope you sell a ton of products!

So tonight we got another dog! His name is Cooper. He's very nervous but I think he'll settle down and be very happy here. He's a little smaller than Jersey and looks like a golden retriever mix. I'll post a picture as soon as I get a good one.

I found out today that I got nominated and accepted into a mentoring program at work. It's for "emerging leaders" lol. It's a 12 month program and I'll get paired up with a senior executive. I didn't know I was nominated for it so it was really a surprise. It should be a great networking experience. I have a feeling I'll be one of the oldest people in the program
Old 11-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It really wasn't too cold, days were nice, good sweater and down vest weather. Nights were cold, around freezing. We went to a star gazing lecture which was really the only time I felt cold.

I've managed two walks since I've been back, since the dogs around here have me not wanting to walk around here, I've started walking on my work days instead. What's nice about that is that it's much more temperate there, I can walk at noon and it isn't sweltering.

Can't wait to see Coopers picture! Glad Jerseys getting a buddy. Congrats on your new position, sounds promising...
Old 11-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all.
kritter - Cooper sounds like a nice doggie. He should fit right in. Hope Jersey likes him. I too am a weather weanie. I had the electric heater going in the milk room last night. I have a craft show every weekend until Christmas. I packaged soap cupcakes in three sizes all day. Gosh making them look pretty in a bag or box is hard work.
Being mentored sounds like fun. Hope you enjoy it.
Dak - I still haven't managed to start walking in the evening. Too much to do.

I am heartbroken but trying not to get too depressed. One of my greatest fears is outliving my son. We live next to a heavy equipment shop and have for 13 years. The owner is young and has built his business up and has made a lot of money through that shop. He and his brother expanded this year to include big equipment rental and they just bought an oilfield construction company. And they both died in a plane crash this week. I can't imagine having to go through the loss of two children much less at the same time. They will have a double funeral. Makes me realize how fragile life is.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all. Had a great show last weekend but those little old ladies selling cake and pie by the slice did not do me any favors. LOL. I puffed up like road kill on Sunday and I am just now starting to release all the water weight. My poor legs were so swollen they itched. When will I learn? Never probably. They had carrot cake. Two kinds. YUM. Then on the way home I stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and passing the freezer section I noticed Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Blue Bell ice cream. I just had to try some. Oh my. Hope that is a seasonal flavor it was sooooo good.

I saved my squash plants from the freeze by covering them with old tarps and they are producing daily. We will tired of zucchini before long but I love this kind. No matter how big they get they are still tender. And my vining plant is setting little squash. Still not sure it they are the Pink Banana Squash or the Spaghetti Squash. Either is fine with me. AND I have tomatoes all over a volunteer plant in my shade house. The bell pepper plants in the back yard are also starting to produce. Looks like a fall garden is my successful garden.

Getting closer to getting our house refinanced. It appraised about double what it needed to for us to qualify for the amount of money we needed so that is a go. Will be so glad when I can move all of DS' "stuff" somewhere else.

I need a controlled UD today to get back to where I need to be. A big breakfast is planned of scrambled eggs with cheese, pork sausage and Ezekial bread toast. Then I will get busy and not think about food until mid-afternoon. I hope.

Hope all is well with everyone,
Old 11-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, that's awful about those 2 brothers who died in the plane crash. I wonder how families can bear something like that. We can't take anything for granted.

Here's one pic of Cooper and Jersey in bed. Hmm, not sure if this is going to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cooper On Jersey.jpg (46.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, it worked!

I'm really trying to stick to Atkins/Paleo, but I need to cut out all cheese. I was eating a lot of it and got to the point where I was up all night with post-nasal drip. Last night I picked up a bunch of low carb frozen meals. Since I can't eat eggs or cheese, I might start eating these for breakfast and then having a salad for lunch.

I came home Friday to a clogged kitchen sink and it's still clogged! The plumber is coming this morning. I plan on celebrating when this is fixed
Old 11-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - the doggies look happy. They look so sweet using each other as a pillow.
I can't get used to the quiet here since the shop is not doing anything. I am so used to hearing generators, loaders, sand blasting etc all day when I am at home. It just doesn't seem right.
Sami has figured out how to climb OVER the gate on the stairs. She likes to sleep on the couch upstairs. She just can't climb back over to come downstairs. Silly girl.

Off to pour some more wax melts. Those things sell well and I am always out of some fragrance these days.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello my online friends!

What is it about this time of year that gets so crazy? Time seems to be just accelerating. We've been getting colder here, close to freezing, but no frost yet. I took down a bed of tomatoes yesterday and picked 2 5 gallon buckets of tomatoes, hope they last until I can do something with them.

Lil Miss, hope all is well!

We're just doing a small family gathering for Thanksgiving this year, then joining a friend for another meal on Friday. I only work today and tomorrow, then I have the rest of the week to play!

Look at those dogs, so sweet! I thought of you the other day when I saw a video about a service dog, have you seen the videos on the dog Riccochet?
Adi, great that you're doing wax melts too, I really admire your dedication to projects like that. I have a friend that is making potato microwave bags, quilted bags to slip potatoes into for microwaving, such a cool idea and so practical, I love it.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Supposed to freeze tonight but the rain has stopped. Will cover my squash plants again and hope for the best.
I worked yesterday and but have the rest of the week to do whatever although I have one of my biggest shows the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving and it is an outdoor one. Supposed to get up to the 60's though and clear. Hope that holds.
Filled up the craft mall yesterday so now I am short on everything. It never ends and the soap kitchen is cold. I use an electric heater out there since it was originally propane for the central heat and we don't have a propane tank. I better bundle up and get busy.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, good luck at the show this weekend? I'm exhausted just thinking about your schedule!

Dak, that's a great video! What a great dog. All mine can do is sleep and eat, lol. That's a lot of tomatoes! Your plans sound fun and relaxing.

We're going to DH's sister's for dinner. I've been off all week. It was great sleeping late every day. Today I took the dogs to get microchipped. They were so nervous and now they're exhausted. Jersey's snoring. I think they're just so happy to be home.

It's rainy and chilly here today. We're supposed to get snow later. I did some running around earlier and have a 3:30 hair appt. I'm looking forward to relaxing and being pampered.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, my Thanksgiving has been ruined. The title company called to say they sent me a email Friday informing me I needed to have a new survey completed and they had not received it. FRIDAY? and it went to junk mail but it would not matter as I have called every survey company in a four county area and no one can do a survey in less than 2 weeks. We were to close Dec 2 and DS was closing Dec 6. He will lose his house and earnest money and will never speak to us again or we can go to the bank Friday morning with my CD and every car title we own and beg for a short term loan to make his down payment. I am just sick and in tears. I have no desire to cook anything. Luckily I bought a smoked turkey and it just needs to be heated. I can't believe the number of balls that have been dropped in the process of trying to refinance this property.
On the bright side, Sami is happy and enjoying her squeakie toy and has been squeaking it non stop for a very long time. Glad someone is happy.
And it is supposed to freeze again tonight so I did not uncover my plants.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, after all you've done for you son, he better not get mad at you! The title company dropped the ball by not contacting you sooner. That's the problem with email. They should have made sure you got the email and followed up with a phone call.

Is there any way to postpone settlement for a few weeks? I can't imagine the seller would want to go through putting the property up for sale again.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't know. We are going to see if we can get a short term loan from our local bank for his down payment and then go ahead and see what we can do about a survey. The land has not changed so I can't see a purpose to redo what we already have. I have asked to change title companies to my local one so we shall see if they will do that. Heck maybe I will just ask our local bank for a second mortgage and be done with it. I am so annoyed with the whole thing already. We only owe $19000 on this mortgage and the house appraised for twice what we want to re-finance. We have had this mortgage with them for 13 years and they act like we are trying to scam them on everything. Just getting sick of the whole thing.
I don't even know when DS is coming home as he is serving Thanksgiving Dinner at Fort Hood so don't know if that is today or tomorrow. Oh well. He doesn't eat desserts anyway so no worries there since I am not up to baking a thing. Bah Humbug.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, that's awful, I remember, you were having a bad experience with them at the beginning. What a miserable company to have to work with. But don't let them ruin your holiday, you guys have great credit, give your business to your bank like you are planning, and when it's all over, maybe write a scathing review on Yelp. You want things like that to go professionally, you may save someone else from the same bad experience.

Finally finished roasting all the tomatoes I picked. What a job. I waited too long, I picked on Sunday, 3 days and I probably lost about a third of them, I suppose I could have stored them with better air circulation, that would have helped. (btw, do you still have your oatmeal soap in stock? that is such a nice soap, smells really good)

I have a turkey brining in the fridge, going to start smoking it first thing in the morning. What a huge meal for all 3 of us. But we should be set for leftovers for quite a while.

I hope everyone has a great calm, peaceful day tomorrow. I'm thankful for all those little "reply to thread" emails I get when one of you posts, those do make me happy!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of my special weight loss pals.
Dak - Yes. I have lots of OMH soap with fragrance and without. I stocked up on that one for my shows. I didn't get anything done yesterday to get ready for my big show tomorrow but it will work out.
Kritter - Hope you doggies enjoy their first Thanksgiving with you. They can take you for a nice long walk after dinner.
lilmiss - Hope all is well in your life and let us know.

I started cajeta last night and was finishing it this morning. Smelled divine and it was getting close to being ready. I opened my cabinet just to the right of the stove that I keep my spices in and a package of barbeque rub fell out, bounced off the coffee pot and into my pot of cajeta. Before I could fish it out the thin plastic melted and I have a pot full of cajeta and barbeque rub. I strained it which helped a little and skimmed it. Now it is down to less than a pint and has a unique flavor. Hot and spicy and sweet. At least I don't have enough to overeat. LOL. My day isn't going so well but DS is home and he and the dog are asleep upstairs so all is well. Bought a smoked turkey and it is heating. Having squash since I picked it all prior to the freeze, baked sweet potatoes, cornbread and DS' favorite of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. plain, plain, plain . Absolutely have no desire to do anymore. But it will be fine.

Got to go check a goat. From my upstairs bathroom window it looks like she is hanging around the buck pen. Just great. I don't want to AI a goat on Thanksgiving Day.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
THERE you guys are! LOL

Sorry I have been MIA! Miss you guys.

Adi- Goodness! So sorry about the mortgage company! What a pain in the butt! Jerks. I am speechless. Doesn't anyone want to be a decent businessperson these days?

Dak-Gosh that was a terrible sad story about the woman with ovarian cancer! Yosemite sounds lovely!

Hi Krit! Cooper! A new furry friend! Yay! Super cute pucture of the dogs together. Wish Molly was nice to Reese. Grrr

Things have been ok here, had an emotional Thanksgiving bc [a] I dont really like Thanksgiving (was always bad as a kid) and (b) always really miss 'home' at Thanksgiving.

Been VERY busy with my guardian ad litem stuff. Have my first two cases and feel a little (lot) thrown out there on my own. Just being scrappy and doing my best....

Dieting has been terrible. Start, fail, start, fail etc So feeling super chubby and bad about myself.

Have started back to weights as it is VERY apparent that when I stopped and started running all the time, that is when I really gained weight. Have been reading studies that explain why, etc. So, back to weights and hoping I can grow to actually like them again.

Have a cold and cannot breathe or taste Boo Hiss.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Everyone and Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

lil miss, I'm in the same boat. Keep starting and then mess up. Are you working with weights at home or are you going to the gym?

I had a wonderful day yesterday with my sister-in-law. We had tickets to see the Philadelphia Orchestra last night so we decided to go into town a few hours early to check out The Christmas Village. This is a temporary shopping village they put up in Love Park around Christmas. It's supposed to mimic a German market. Then we went to a swanky bar at the Bellevue hotel for a drink. They had a fire going which was wonderful because my feet were frozen from walking around the "village". Then we went to dinner and then to the orchestra.

I have salmon defrosting. I'm going to make some broccoli to go with it and I'll make lemon butter sauce to go on both of them.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Salmon sounds really nice for dinner, Kritter. We still have half a turkey in the fridge, thinking about making some soup.

I'm in the same situation with you and Lil Miss, gained 3 pounds over Thanksgiving. It will come off this week. I made the traditional dinner for Thanksgiving and have too many leftovers of foods that I love, but really need to stay away from, like cornbread stuffing (gluten making my hands hurt,but it is soooo good) and pies.

We had a really nice Thanksgiving with just the 3 of us on Thursday, then went to a friends for another dinner on Friday. Really been enjoying having a few days off too.

What a story about your cajeta! Guess that's a good way not to overeat, but so sad, nonetheless.
Closed Thread