Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
That's sweet your DS sent you a pic of his Christmas stocking, LOL. How is it that he has a key and hasn't officially closed yet? Or maybe I don't need to know, that's been one complicated escrow.

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. My nose is starting to run and my throat feels scratchy. I really don't want to get sick, I have 2 weeks off coming up! Plus, I'd like to make some more money this week.

The roofers came this morning and took off our old shingles, we should have a new roof by Thursday, hopefully. Another reason I don't want to be sick, the next few days are going to be very noisy around here.

Well, off to bed, hope you all are well!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Dak - DS closed on his house since we got a short term loan from our local bank for his down payment. We haven't closed on our re-financing yet. Complicated huh???
Are you getting a metal roof? I had some inheritance money when we needed a new roof so I popped for metal and sure glad I did. Looks great and made the value of the house much higher.
DH decided to retire at the end of December and he turned in his resignation today. I am so glad. Now he can help me with my soap business instead of spending every night working on lesson plans, grading papers and putting the grades into the computer. My little hobby business will keep both of us quite busy in years to come but that is a good thing. Busy old folks stay alive longer.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/153/139 JUDDD 07/28/14
Old 12-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Adi that's so cute that he sent you the pic. How far away is the house from where you live?

Yay for your DH!! I love hearing people retiring. I can't imagine how stress-free he must feel. And you're right, between your soap business and all of the animals, he will be plenty busy.

Poor dak! So many people at work have had bad colds. What an awful time to be sick. I hope it's just an allergy attack.

I have to make a list. I feel like there's still so much to do. I haven't finished decorating. I don't have a lot left, but it's just one more thing I want to check off the list. I can't wait until Dec 27th. DH will be at work and I'll be home with absolutely nothing to do except maybe some dishes
Old 12-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

DS is about 1 1/2 hours away from us. White Oak Bend Dairy Goats - Blog

He will have two weeks off for Christmas so he can load everything he owns up and weigh it and move it and then I can DECLUTTER. YEA!!! Course he has no furniture.

DH has 1 1/2 more days. Then I can start working him to death. LOL
Old 12-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is so cool that you've been able to help your son get a house, Adi. That must a be a great feeling.

Congratulations on your DH's retirement, does he know he's going into business with you? I love seeing couples that have retirement jobs together.

Have you gotten a tree yet? I was planning on getting one today, but I wound up helping a friend instead.

It was dark when I came home today, but we think our roof is finished. Your metal roof sounds good, Adi, but we just went with replacing what we had, composite shingle. They did the tear down yesterday, the installation today, pretty fast. Looked like they had a pretty good crew.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Two more days of work, then I'm off for the rest of the year. I dodged that cold, so hopefully I'll be well enough to do all my gardening projects. Need to decide on menu for Christmas and maybe more stocking stuffers.

Funny, as I've gotten older it is so much more enjoyable making other people happy for Christmas, not that I don't enjoy receiving, but especially being able to get things for my family that make a difference for them.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - Poor DH has no idea what I have in store for him. He will have a to do list everyday to keep him out of the recliner in front of the TV. He might just become the shopper in the family too as I HATE shopping. I see a lot of older men in the stores when I pick up groceries so it must not just be me with that idea.

I have to go to a retirement reception in a few minutes. The woman that replaced me as elementary principal in this disrict 8 years ago is calling it quits. She got really sick a couple of years ago with a severe lung infection an hasn't really ever gotten over it. She always looks like she can barely make it. I hate that she is having to retire but her health is more important. Have no idea what they are going to do to replace her in the middle of the year though. Actually she can never be replaced as she is a super principal. She was a teacher for me for 5 years before I left. Great person.
The surveyers pulled up this morning as I was leaving so at least that will be accomplished. This is getting old though.
I have no ree as I have no place to put one due to DS' stuff although I guess I could put one upstairs where he left us a little room. Might just do that. For me. We have a window in the front that I could put it in front of.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, you could always get DS a piece of furniture for Christmas It'll be great to have all of his stuff out of your house. I think that's the real reason you helped him get the house lol. 1.5 hours isn't too bad.

I'm really happy for your DH. His job sounded very stressful.

Dak, that roof went up fast! I love buying presents for others but it gets stressful when I don't know what to get, or I can't spring for what I really want to get them because it's too expensive.

Enjoy your vacation! I'm off for the next 2 weeks except for the 30th and 31st. I'm technically off tomorrow but I have to check in on a few things.

We finally got the pine roping and wreaths up on the fence. It looks pretty. I'll try to get a pic later. Yesterday I went to the Honey Baked Ham store for the hams. The parking lot in the mall was a giant traffic jam. Literally no one was moving. Too funny. You really had to practice offensive driving to push your way out otherwise you wouldn't get out of the lot because no one was giving an inch.

So I finally broke down and bought a Kitchenaid mixer. I resisted for so long because I don't do much baking but I do want to start making sugar-free whipped cream. I tested it out and it really is amazingly easy to use. My old mixer was an old Kenmore that was my parents'. It has to be 20 years old and the beaters are bent. I'll keep it as a backup unless one of my nieces or nephews wants it. I don't imagine anyone else would want it.

So yesterday and this morning I decided to get my music sorted out and to get all of my Christmas music on my Iphone and in my amazon cloud so I could play it on Chrismas day. What a chore that was. But it's so great to be able to listen to my Ella Fitzgerald christmas tunes. They and many other songs have been "missing" for a while.

I've gotta get moving. Going to brave the traffic and try to get a few gifts bought today.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, what a great idea to sort your music for Christmas. I love the older music from the 40's, not a fan of the frantic beats on the radio. Have you ever checked out Martini in the Morning? If you're a fan of Ella Fitzgerald, you might like it.

I have all my menus planned for the next four days, what a relief! So nice feeling like I have the time to cook.

Sad about your principal retiring early, but smart on her part, I hope she'll be able to regain her health.

I didn't get a tree this year, I couldn't find a table top size, I guess I should look earlier next year. I have a large glass vase I filled with white lights and then put some glittered boughs in, with some red ornaments. Looks Christmas-y!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, I love it! The first singer I heard when clicking on it was Mel Torme. Awesome! The only annoying thing is that after I clicked off the page, I can't get back to the player to see who is singing the next song. Hmmm. I hate my mac. I'll have to see if I can figure this out.

I'm glad you're enjoying your time off Dak.

I finished shopping today. I put about 70 miles on my car. Boy am I tired.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My dad used to say that spending money is as much work as making it, LOL. Glad you liked it! The lady that cuts my hair had it on in her studio, I love listening to it this time of year.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all. Had to go to town to do errands and buy distilled water for some cream soap making. Only found one gallon in three stores. Bummer. BUT wandering through Wal-Mart I saw a 6 foot tree with lights for $39 and bought me one. It is upstairs in front of the window with some garland and a few ornaments and a tree skirt. I also found all of the Christmas stockings so I am hanging those on the walls up there and we will just celebrate Christmas upstairs this year. Sami had fun helping me. DS will be back home again tomorrow night so he will be here for Christmas. He was here yesterday and took a load of his stuff back with him. Strange the items he took but then he has to weigh his truck full every trip to get his moving money to his first duty station.
DH took his tractor to the repair shop and I bought him a new coat for Christmas since everything he has is monogrammed with the school name as they are coaching coats. Will do for chores here at home but he needs something to wear to town etc. I am getting a survey for Christmas and DS got a house. Sami has a new Squeakie toy that I need to wrap and I found a couple of sets of Paula Deen kitchen knives and steak knives on clearance for DS. I am now finished shopping. Picked up fresh cranberries for relish and dinner is already planned. Plain and simple. I bought sweet potatoes from a roadside vendor last week that came out of East Texas so DH and I have been eating a sweet potato every evening. I love sweet potatoes.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL dak, you're dad was right!

adi, that's a great price for the tree.

Today I spent the day wrapping. That was exhausting too! My back is killing me. Tomorrow I have to clean a bit and get everything set up.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

My tree looks nice from outside in the upstairs window. I am happy with it.
DS called from Home Depot shopping for a washer and dryer. Was all excited about his find until he discovered it was a gas dryer but he went for the chest freezer that was marked way down. Must mean he is planning on hauling all of our meat to his house. His high school buddy might get a transfer to where son lives and will be his roommate. That would be nice as he cooks and cleans and son isn't there yet. Might work out well for both of them. DS met two of his neighbors, both retired military. Looks like he bought a house in a retirement community. LOL
Old 12-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

~~LCMW~~Winter 2013/2014
Closed Thread