Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Slimmer by Winter--October Edition

Can't believe it now says slimmer by Winter! I'm not ready for winter.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I'm not ready for winter either! I love fall, but it seems to go by soooo fast and then it's winter which lasts 50 years... at least here in Ohio it does!

That migraine yesterday.. ughhh I felt like I was gonna die. I have not felt that sick in a very very long time. Years. I had taken Excedrin Migraine first thing in the morning but it did little to no good. I had to leave my cleaning job half done because I was literally on the floor in tears, I felt so sick. I went home thinking all I needed to do was sleep it off, but I just got sicker. Took Midrin, then threw it right back up... took it again and started to feel better. Today I am a bit achy and going up a flight of stairs makes me breathless..... so I don't know if I was sick from the migraine, or if I got the migraine from being sick.

I also don't know why I seem to sabotage myself every time I get my weight down close to the 200 mark.. I then binge and gain 2 or more right back! I did it again this past week. I was 202, then 204.6, then 206.4! Fortunately today I am back to 202.4 and I am doing very well.. partly because I still feel icky, but I am determined. I really feel like I need and want to eat healthier again. (Maybe it's because I ate almost a whole box of Ding Dongs this week) Shhhhhhhh! You didn't just read that! I saw them and I was waiting for them to get back on the shelves, so when I saw them I grabbed em! I started eating one in the car, and looked at the calories.. it was over 330 calories, and I was like, FOR ONE??? No, apparently a "serving size" is two Ding Dongs... so I'm like, heck yeah, I guess I better eat two!

It is a gorgeous day here.. blue sky, sunny and almost 80! Too bad Im not feeling better, I would go out and take advantage of it. I just looked at the 10 day, and after a few days in the 70s, it goes down to highs in the 60s or 50s and lows in the 30s and 40s!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

I thought I was going to the gym today but I got hit with a migraine, so that won't be happening. Still really tired and out of it since the trip this week. Its going to be a busy week this week and I wanted to work today, but I think a nap will be in order and then work. Planning on making chili today so I have something this week to eat for lunch. Went out to coffee today with one of the vocalist from the band. She has a ruptured disc in her neck and is on powerful pain meds, can't work can't sing, can't do much of anything. I at least got her out of the house for a few hours. I really feel for her. I think she'll be having surgery soon.

Hope you are all doing well.

Diane--it was beautiful in Cincinnati for the 16 hours that I was there. Perfect weather!

Charlene--how ya doing?

Rachel-sorry to hear about your aunt. hope you are going OK?

Have a good one.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Did a Youtube 20 min cardio this morning. I'm really following that diet plan I shared with y'all ....mainly using natural supplements that I can buy pretty cheaply and avoiding sugar. I am even slowly trying to get away from everything but Stevia. We'll see how that works out. I've been pretty much stuck....

Diane - I know exactly what you're talking about. My let down is always late afternoon/evening.

Beth - hope you get rid of that headache.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Blahhhhh... I got a decent nights sleep (I think), but I am SO tired today. I'm feeling better finally, but my weight is back up.. I made chili Sunday night, and I didn't even eat that much and boom. It's pre-TOM week, so I feel like I weigh 500 lbs. This morning even before I was all the way awake I could feel intense anxiety starting up already. I hate that. I still can't pull out of this funk. I feel like SUCH a "grumpy cat"... I hate or am annoyed by just about everything these days. Not liking this person I have become, but I don't know how to get me back. This weight I'm sure is a big part of it.

Charlene: Was it you that told me about green coffee beans? I bought some and the day I took it, it seemed to work, but the next day was when I got sick with that killer migraine, so I haven't taken it again yet.

Beth: What is with these migraines lately? I've been getting them a LOT more often lately. For me I wonder if it is allergy related? hormonal? (I know stress/anxiety is part of it for me)... You made chili too huh? It's that time of year and I LOVE chili.. and i normally eat quite a bit, but wouldn't you know, I had a bowl and the scale goes up anyway.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Did another 20 min cardio. It is non-stop and wears me out! Down 2 pounds since last week's weigh in.

Diane - yes, I do the green coffee bean extract some but lately I've been taking Blue Green Algae, Garcinia Cambogia, shots of apple cider vinegar (ICK!) and a natural fat burner. On some weekends, I've been doing the $1.41 colon cleanse. One of my friends swears by L_Cartinine. I was going to buy some last night, but it was a bit too expensive so I'm waiting until payday. After that, that's all I'm using as supplements. I've been using a lot of cinnamon and cayenne as seasonings too.

I have only had one migraine in my life when I was pregnant with my son back in 1987 but this week, I came awful close to thinking I had another one. I had a headache for three days that kept me in so much pain. I think it was weather related though because once the cold front hit yesterday, it eased.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

I did EXCELLENT today! I am re-inspired and re-motivated. My funk seems to be lifting some, and I am feeling better. My several weeks of artists block is coming to an end as well. I am pretty much just counting calories at this point and of course not eating junk. I DO still have my frapp (but I'm trying to cut down because of the cost), so today I had that, a Lean Cuisine, and then I came home and had an amazing spinach salad that had feta cheese, nuts, a cranberry/raisin mix, and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing OMG.. and a mesquite chicken breast. Thats it. I got some new vitamins that said "energy" on them, and didn't realize that they have caffeine in them, so between that and the frapp I was feeling pretty good! Decided to just take the green coffee bean late afternoon since it might have caffeine as well, although I can't find anywhere on the bottle where it says..

Tomorrow I plan to do step class and maybe some weights if I have time. I was sick most of the week so I haven't been there since, well, over a week ago. I have GOT to make myself to pilates at work.. the issue is I would have to change clothes and then change back.. or wear ultra comfy movable clothing to work for the day.

Charlene: What brand of green coffee bean do you take? I just got one that said "as seen on tv" on the box .. I don't think it's the best one, but the day I took it, I liked it.

Beth: Hi! What's going on?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Diane - good for you! I feel I've been doing well too! I'm not sure what brand of coffee bean I use. It's at home right now. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all!

Hope you are all well. This month has been so hectic/busy/overwhelming. How the heck did I do this all the time? Have not been on plan or gone to the gym. And now I have a cold and haven't been sleeping well. However, my leg has not been hurting. I don't know what happened there. Perhaps not going to gym. I am determined to get to the gym at least once this weekend even if all I do is 20 minutes riding the bike. I'm feeling like a slug. We have a gig tonight too.

Thinking of you all. BBL for personals.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

So after just one day I went from 206.4 to 203.8. I have done very well today also. Went to the gym and did the cardio part of the class (fought queasiness again), then did 200 calories on the recumbent bike.. then my 5-6 hour cleaning job that I hate. On my way home for some reason a tuna sandwich sounded delicious for dinner, so that's what I had (on whole grain of course).. I must have needed something that was in the tuna to be kind of craving it.

I realized last night that I left most of my paintbrushes in the art lab Wed. night! I hope I have some I can use to paint this weekend. I really want to finish up this Wizard of Oz painting... I'm excited about my next one.. it's going to be Amy Winehouse :-)

I have a Halloween party to go to tomorrow night, so I am a little scared of the food and goodies they will have.. but I'm sure I'll be good. I'm NOT going to erase the past few days over one night!

Charlene: It does feel great to be back on track :-) If you think of it, let me know what kind of green coffee bean you use when you get a chance.

Beth: I can only imagine how hard it would be to stay on track with all that travel and everything else you have going on.. you'll get there.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Down even more to 201.8.. that's over 4.5 lbs in two days! Ok, so I have gotten down to around this point many times, but never below 201.4 since I can remember. This is where I have to be VERY careful. With that party tonight and how many calories I've already had, it's gonna be tricky today. I was tricked with my lunch choice today.. it was a queso macaroni that was 270 calories, and only 7 grams of fat.. I figured it was ok, but then I realized the small print said "saturated fat".. so it actually had 10 grams. Oh well.

Getting stuff set up to paint... fortunately I have enough brushes at home I can get by with. Painting will keep me out of the kitchen!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, ok.. so I didn't THINK I did horrible at the Halloween Party (other than finally trying a "word that rhymes with nutty and starts with an 's' " brownie) :-) I had a lot of fun, and oh my gosh my friends decorated their WHOLE 3 bedroom townhouse! They really pay attention to detail.. I've been to their house for a Christmas party (tree in every room) but I think they outdid themselves! Anyway, I ate more than planned, but I don't know if I ate something that didn't agree with me or what but shortly before I left I started to feel funky.. then couldn't get home fast enough if you know what I mean... I was sick all the next day, but just aches and feeling really yucky.. but I was able to eat normally. So the scale is back up a few lbs, but not too bad and TOM is about to start as well.

Today I didn't make it to the gym because I had to go get my flu and T-DAP shots. My T-DAP arm is a bit sore, but not too bad, and the flu shot arm is fine. I had to get them for my nanny job since the baby is due NEXT MONTH! She said she wants everyone who will be around the baby to get both shots.

Got my paintbrushes back today.. whew! My babies!

Last edited by Annie64; 10-21-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Weight was up to 205.4 today, but I think it's more because TOM is due any minute, because I didn't eat bad yesterday.

So I get to work today and the mom is home sick, the girl was sick over the weekend, and the little boy was sick last week (when I was here).. I wonder if that's what I had over the weekend, maybe it wasn't something I ate? Well, either way I hope I don't get it again.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

204.4 today.. on my way back down and TOM isn't here yet.

I'm hearing crickets in here!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

I've managed to get the cold that dh had and now I've lost my voice! And I have to lead a full day of meetings tomorrow. I've not been to the gym in forever which is not good. I need to get back there and get back on track. I've been working a lot and with being sick, its just not happened. bleh

Hope you are all well.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:26 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Such a busy week here with Homecoming, sports, making food for birthdays and sick students. Every night been making costumes for the dress up days until after 11:00 each night. Tonight won't be any better because I have to drive to Waco and get mum supplies, make a mum for dd15 and attend Pokeno. Friday night is the homecoming game and then 5th quarter at my church until midnight, then a basketball scrimmage Saturday morning. I am going to need much sleep sometime this weekend. If my son comes back into town, that won't happen either because last weekend when he was here, we stayed up until 4:00 a.m. talking in the kitchen. hehehe

I've not weighed and I'm kind of afraid to. I've still been working out, but my eating is still caving some in the evenings.

Beth - sure hope you're not getting the full blown sickness!!

Diane - hope your day goes well today and that scale stays on the downhill....

Have a great day!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:39 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Guess it's busy for everyone.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

So are we posting here or not? I am going up and down with the same dang 5 lbs. I really hope I get my weight down before the holidays or I'm going to be in big trouble!

Getting to my painting class was a nightmare last night! What should have taken 25 mins took 1 1/2 hours! I was 45 mins late! You would think we were having a blizzard, but no, it was just some rain. The highway was ridiculous so I took an alternate route.. road was closed! So I go another way.. and after being quite for quite a while my GPS say's "How can I help?" By then I was really aggravated and told her "You can SHUT UP".. after a long pause she said, "Be careful".. Have you ever had a GPS say that to you? LOL! Funny thing is that within a few minutes a truck almost veered into my lane. I would have been toast had it hit me. I hate driving in the rain and especially in the dark. It was awful.

Anyway, I haven't been eating so good.. baked potatoes (white ones), grilled cheese (whole grain though).. it's because that's cheap food. Things haven't been THIS tight since I can remember, so I eat what I can afford these days. I know.. eggs are cheap, but who wants to eat those every day. ugh.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:27 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Diane we had a lot of rain too. So much flooding.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:28 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

I don't care where we get together, I just want to keep in touch. I'll check in there too to see if y'all are there. I miss talking to y'all!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

I think we need a November thread!

I have still been struggling big time. I am on the high end of the 5 lbs I keep battling. I have a girls night on Saturday, but after that I plan to get totally serious. I am tired of this. I feel like the OLD me is back and I have no control. Speaking of control, LOL.. the other night I decided to make chili-cheese dogs with chips and dip.. (I had wheat buns, little good it did me!), anyway, on the way home from the store I tested myself to see if I could make it home with the bag of potato chips without opening them in the car. I did it! (But then I opened them and ate some as soon as I GOT there. The good thing is I am getting to the point where I am craving healthy food again, and sweets and junk are not sounding as good to me.

My professor said I should write a proposal for the board at my school to do a Day of the Dead show at the gallery! They don't normally approve students for that, but heck, if my teacher thinks I should then I shall! Usually the gallery is for visiting artists, professors, or a student art show for all the art classes. I am SO excited about it! That would be AMAZING! I would have a few other people help out, but I have some great ideas for it. It looks like the gallery is booked until at least June, and I would need it to be for Oct/Nov next year.. so I am a little worried it might not happen. Doesn't hurt to give it my best shot though. My teacher used to be on the board, so she will know what I should do and say.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Diane - did you get approval for that proposal? That would be awesome! How are you doing now? I'm still struggling myself.

My sister is back with me again for a time. She's had a run of very bad luck. I told her there's no where to go but up at this point. She was severely depressed and still has bouts of crying. I'm hoping some good things start coming her way. I sure enjoy having her here though.

Beth - how are you doing with the job, gigs?

Y'all have a great day. High only in the 30's here. Brrrrrrrrr
Old 11-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Charlene - I haven't written the proposal yet, but I did talk to my professor again today and she said she spoke with the director and it is actually booked next Oct and Nov, but I can probably do it the following year! That just gives me more time to get even better and more time to plan it!

Another thing happened today that was pretty cool. I was in a pretty funky mood and this cheered me up a bit. I was in my fiber arts class and a security guard came in and was talking to the professor.. then she came back over to me and said he was interested in buying my Wizard of Oz painting! (It is still up in the art lab).. I got his number and told him how to find my art page on facebook so we can figure it all out.. I may end up painting a smaller one in case I want to keep this one for the show.

Sorry your sister is going through such a hard time (I can relate these days believe me).. this time of year especially is hard for me. Two years ago at this time I was the happiest I have ever been in my life. Anyway, glad your sister is back with you! Hope things all work out for her

Diet-wise I am still struggling too. I am doing SOMEwhat better, but with money being so freaking tight these days, it's hard to buy what I want rather than what I can afford.

Beth: Come back!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sstar
Stats: Start-146lbs Goal-105lbs
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Monday 25th November 2013
Hi! im new here i just created this account like 2 minutes ago. today i started atkins, well kind of..i had trouble with carvins, i kept my carb intake 2day at 40g the first 20 were alright but i couldnt resist anymore and ate a chocolate bar. I NEED HELP! i NEED to lose 40lb by march. How many weeks do i stay in introduction? when do i get to drink milk? i have carvings, how do i deal with them?!? i have always eaten candy, it controlled my life and i have to lose this weight please help!!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi sstar,

Well, the first few days of induction (which is generally 2 weeks), are the hardest for sure! Day 2 I usually get what is called a detox headache from cutting sugar and carbs, but I don't think everyone gets them.. if you do, at least you will know why!

Once you get through a few days, the cravings should be much less and you will start to feel pretty good! If you crave chocolate or something sweet, check out the recipe board on this site.. I'll bet you can find something there. I remember making something years ago that was just whipping cream and sugar free cherry jello mixed up and frozen into little plops.. I loved them! There are things you can substitute for the carby junk!

As far as milk, I'm not sure with Atkins. I stick pretty much to South Beach type eating and I can drink 1% milk. I think you can drink it on Atkins after induction, is that right? But listen.. if you mess up? DON'T take it as a ticket to eat bad the rest of the day.. that was a pattern I was in for many years. So if you mess up, you mess up.. pick yourself up and go on from that moment.. don't put it off until tomorrow. Good luck!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

see Slimmer by Winter--December Edition
Closed Thread