Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi ff! I'm so sorry to hear the news on your body. I'm going to have to Google some of those things and see what they are.

How about a little chat via phone this Saturday or Sunday? Will you be available?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Turtle50
Stats: Sizes: 18/16/6
WOE: Why We Get Fat book
Start Date: December 2012
Hi everyone, welcome Snowboarding27, pleased to meet you, FF, sorry about the health issues - I am only too familiar with being hard to diagnose and pain meds that don't work.

I've finally been able to get back to this site after -- get this -- I was told to stay off the web because my employers were trying to fire someone. Does this make sense? No, and even if I explained it to anybody it wouldn't make sense. Also, I've been trying to resolve the deer incident, get the refi, continue to look for another job, and -- positively the worst -- try to get the insurance company to pay for one of my prescriptions. Gosh, this makes me sound as busy as Lori, but with less transporting of offspring.

Have to go -- another meeting which will be fabulously unfun, but that's my life.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HI Turtle! You were missed. And I missed something....what happened with a deer?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
I missed the same thing about the deer, turtle, but I'm intrigued!...welcome back!...hmmm, so they can't fire you if you're offline?

Ff, so good to hear from you, bro...sorry about the diagnosis but I think that is all better than rheumatoid arthritis, so congrats on that!...I miss u buddy!...take care and let me know if I can help....I gotta take that Parthenon photo for you as I'm in Nashville now...I will try to post it here if I can...

Marilee, you will be delirious to hear that I ate another banana today...happy to hear you are feeling better...

Good day today...wrote with an awesome young lady tonight and we will be getting together again on Sunday as we are onto a few really good ideas.

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 11-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I missed the same thing about the deer, turtle, but I'm intrigued!...welcome back!...hmmm, so they can't fire you if you're offline?

Ff, so good to hear from you, bro...sorry about the diagnosis but I think that is all better than rheumatoid arthritis, so congrats on that!...I miss u buddy!...take care and let me know if I can help....I gotta take that Parthenon photo for you as I'm in Nashville now...I will try to post it here if I can...

Marilee, you will be delirious to hear that I ate another banana today...happy to hear you are feeling better...

Good day today...wrote with an awesome young lady tonight and we will be getting together again on Sunday as we are onto a few really good ideas.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How did THAT happen???
Old 11-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hey Turtle! We have missed you! I also want to hear the deer story!

FF, sorry about the spinal stenosis diagnosis. That is DH's problem too. Those darn nerves!! You sound good despite it and I know you are glad you don't have any heart problems. I am sure they will get you some relief soon. They steak sounded so good. Did it end up being two meals or one? lol

Marilee, not sure about looking very cute. I am not a t shirt kind of person. lol But I did say at the end of the day we should have taken a "class picture" while we were all dressed alike. Maybe next time.

Tony, I don't like ground beef without some seasoning usually. Sometimes it just does not taste that good to me. But I am putting a little salt on it this time around and must have gotten a good mix this last time. lol The fire was caused by a hole in the pipe going up through the attic. Some person driving by saw the flames coming out the chimney and stopped to see if anyone was home. It could have been very tragic. The garage was not attached and is fine and liveable. Some of the family is staying there with my co worker. Insurance will pay for a trailer until new house can be built which is wonderful!
Hope you and your co writer come up with a big winner!

Have a great day all!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #218
Junior LCF Member

I thought I told everybody the deer story. Well . . . there I am, driving, minding my own business, carefully doing 50 mph as I prepare to get onto a major freeway entrance which is very curvy, so I have to pay attention. But something must have flickered in my side vision so I look to the left. And there's a big freakin' deer head in my driver's side window, staring at me! Then there's a pause, and a thump, and I look in the rear view mirror to see what I assume was the same deer walking into the trees on the other side of the road.

After pulling over to check my car and all the phone calls and what not, the total damage was my driver's side mirror (as in, I didn't have one anymore) a huge dent in the part of the car above the left front wheel (presumably where Mr. Bambi's big deer butt hit my car) and several long scratches along the left side of the car. Fortunately, my insurance paid for everything, the body shop accepted the insurance, and, besides renting a Nissan Versa, which is a totally crap car, it was an almost stress-free experience. Which was good, because I was pretty twitchy for a few days.

The car-rental people told me that they had been having a lot of deer-related rentals, because it's mating season and any deer that was was stupid before is really, really stupid right now. But that was almost a month ago and I have my car back and hopefully mating season will be over soon, because there are about a gazillion deer around here and they have no fear of people or cars.

So that's the deer story. And I have a number to call to schedule the signing of the refi papers, which won't lower my payments, but now I can pay it off in 20 years instead of 30 (hurray!) and I should be able to go back on the web again, except that now I'm spending a lot of time in a place without the usual web access, so I can only surf when I sneak upstairs for lunch.

Unfortunately, I haven't been doing so well with staying on my plan. More whining about that later -- I have yet another meeting to go to today.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle50 View Post
and any deer that was was stupid before is really, really stupid right now.

What part of the country do you live in?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:50 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Turtle, so glad the deer just bumped into you. It can be so bad if you actually hit a deer for you and the deer. Be careful as you can out there! What sort of work do you do and what are you looking for? Good luck finding something you like better.

Computer is not working too well today or rather the wireless. I had to plug it directly into the modem which meant moving it to a hallway on a tv table. lol Not too comfortable.

Glad it is friday. Last night was the second night I have not slept well. Fortunately they weren't back to back!

Having scrambled eggs with chopped up ham in them today. Need to get to store to get some more ground beef. I am staying off dairy for awhile so coffee is black. ick

Will check back after work. Maybe the wireless will be back to its old self.

Tony, hope you have written a top ten this week!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys, sorry I was mia yesterday...I didn't even realize it until I logged in today.

Been pretty busy running around from one appt to the other...have gotten a good start on a couple of songs with a couple of different cowriters, that I hope we can finish sometime before I leave...my return flight is next Friday, but I was hoping to get back a couple days early...we shall see!

Abs, I was kidding about the ground beef - I actually thought you liked it!...haha...had a dream last night that my granddaughter was born and I was playing with her...told Emmy today, and she blamed me for the baby kicking her all night last night!

Turtle, thanks for sharing the deer story - happy it had a happy ending!...if you can pull off one good day, you'll be back on plan - you can do it!

Hey Marilee, how are you doing out there?...what's the weather like? How's the counseling going? You should call ff, he'd love to hear from you. He called me yesterday and sounded good but won't get to the library til next weds, at the earliest. I think he misses all the human interaction he used to have at work. He's a very social person, and with his pain, he's very restricted.

Hey Lori, wassup?

Having a great week, eating-wise. Completely on plan and exercising every other day, which meant today!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF!!!! And payday -

I think I will call ff tomorrow. My counseling is going fine - I've only had 3 sessions, but I feel a change.

The weather is awesome! 79 degrees outside now - a cold front is moving in so we are down from our normal 85. However, there are dust storm advisories so I'm hoping no more pile-ups on the freeway. Those are so dangerous.

I'm also on plan with my eating and "feel" like I've lost weight. We'll see on Monday.

Tony, you just can't wait for that baby to come, can you?

Marilee
Old 11-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haha, Marilee!...is it THAT obvious??? Sounds like you are on all the right tracks!...good for you...tell ff we all say hello!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:33 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, if you call FF tell him I said hi and that we all miss him!

Tony, over the last few years ground beef has been my most successful meal to lose weight but when I did the no reward awhile back it tasted icky with no salt- so I guess I have been in both camps. So I am back liking it again with a little salt.

Glad you have some good songs started!

Marilee, glad the counseling is going well and you feel thinner! Good luck on Monday's weigh in!

Getting ready to get some house cleaning done and then to the store. Will check back later.

Have a great Saturday Blitzers!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys, happy Saturday!

Hey abs, do u like cheese in your burger?...gives you some salt and calcium.

Meeting Sarah for dinner today and maybe a movie...I've been here since Tuesday and haven't seen her yet, which is weird...haha!

Staying on plan and feeling good. I bought a return ticket for Tuesday, so now I have one for fri and tues and my Appts. Will determine my return...I don't like being gone this long.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...stay strong, kids!

Last edited by tony8; 11-16-2013 at 08:16 AM..
Old 11-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Marilee, did you talk to ff?

Had a great night with Sarah...went to dinner - had a salad topped with salmon and saw 12 years a slave - very intense but awesome movie...I may not see her again before I leave...

How's everyone else doing?
Old 11-17-2013, 02:56 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Your dinner sounded so good Tony. Glad you and Sarah got together. Your schedules are just not in sync. Has she dropped any more hints about moving back to New England?

Marilee, I was wondering too if you got to visit with FF. Hope maybe his pain meds are kicking in now.

What are Lori, Bec, and Turtle up to this weekend? Well we know Lori is running all over the place with those young uns, and Bec is painting up a storm. Ready to show us your favorite work of art yet Bec?

Will check back later. Oh, by the way, if any one is interested, I will be having scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast at the Backside this morning. lol
Old 11-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Omg, I'm so happy you shared that abi!...I was wondering if it was gonna be an omelet this week...no, no more hints and I'm not bringing it up, that's for sure...

Off to a writing appt. now...yup, on a Sunday morning!...and yes, I too am wondering where our missing blitzers are?
Old 11-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

I am looking at the severe weather map and hope you and your family are ok in Ohio Lori. It also looks like Nashville is going to get bad weather tonight too Tony. You, Sarah and Artemis stay safe!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I everyone. Didn't have a chance to talk to ff. Saturday was very busy. And I didn't get to sleep until 3:15 this morning and then was up at 5:30...just couldn't sleep. I've been dragging all day. I just got up from a 2 hour nap and am groggy. I'll try and catch him next week. If not, for sure the week of Thanksgiving. I'm taking off that Tuesday and Wednesday so I should have the time.

Down 4 pounds so far this week. Official weigh-in tomorrow. I hope the scale doesn't do something stupid and go up - would like to keep the 4 or even more.

Last edited by Gibby; 11-17-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Old 11-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Marilee!...congrats on the 4 lbs!

Wrote from 10 a.m. To 11 pm today...the longest continuous session ever for me...it took all that time to finish one song, but it's a pretty good one so it was worth it. ;-)

My appt tomorrow cancelled...we have never even met, but it is not cool to cancel for really no reason...I'm not happy as now I have a wasted day and I could have booked something else, but I just let it slide...

Abs, had some good wind and lightning and rain, but no tornado, thank goodness.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Phew, glad for that Tony. I just looked at the storm report screen and there were tornado reports in a straight line west to east in south west Kentucky. What a day for bad weather. I hate to hear the reports that will come in today. Hope Lori was ok I see a bunch of tornadoes happened in Indiana and Illinois and they are showing at least one in Ohio. All 3 states show strong winds went through.

Tony, I hope your song is picked up and goes right to the top! Sorry your appointment got cancelled. Makes you wonder. Well, when you get the big hit they will be kicking themselves!

Marilee, I bet you slept well last night. Nice to be able to take a nap the day after a sleepless night. I had two of those last week, not back to back thank goodness. Happy about the 4 pounds and they just better stay off today on the official weigh in!

It is 53 out right now so pretty warm considering the 20 and 30 degrees earlier in the week. We are about to get the same storm pretty soon. But the radar is all yellow. It's the red that scares me. In Alabama we had damage from two tornadoes and of course the 3 or 4 hurricanes and at least one tropical storm.

Scrambled eggs for breakfast and ground beef for lunch until I use up the 2 pounds that are cooked up in the frig.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! The scale was nice to me - 5 pounds lost last week. However, it's the same 5 pounds I've lost before. I will share with my friends, I weigh 333.4. I really want to get out of the 300's. I realize it will take a while, but I feel stronger. Counseling is helping with my outlook on life, so I haven't been as depressed, which leads to my binging. This weekend I stayed on plan, which is a miracle.

Abi, last night I slept better, but was still up and down about every 2 hours. I am hoping that as I lose weight my sleep patterns will improve.

I'm sorry you all are experiencing bad weather. Come on down! It's beautiful here now.

Tony, congratulations on the new song! I'm sure it was time well spent.

Hello do all of our missing Blitzers!

Better get to work. TTFN
Old 11-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #234
Junior LCF Member

Hey everyone,

Someone asked where I live, regarding the deer -- I live in Maryland, which is like paradise for deer, since there is so much forest's edge area, which is what they prefer.

I haven't been sticking to the plan, partly because I'm an emotional eater and I don't want to cook Thanksgiving dinner for my brother, even though it's his favorite holiday, because I never want to touch another raw turkey again plus I've screwed up every turkey I've ever cooked. And he never helps; he just comes over and parks himself in front of the TV. Then I'm stuck with all the leftover food.

Granted, he has MS, but he could still offer to do something. But I feel totally guilty about not wanting to serve dinner, of course.

And my totally high-maintenance sister wants to borrow money -- again -- and we're talking thousands of dollars here. And I feel guilty about not wanting to lend her the rest of my emergency savings, even though at that point she will have received half of it, while the title company got the rest when I did the refi. Am I an enabler or what?

My plan is to give her the money but also tell her that I can't lend her any more, ever, because it's jeopardizing my retirement. If I don't die of guilt first.

So I've gained some weight back (the pants are tighter, boo hoo) but I've had one good day (yesterday) and I'm on track today. Hope everyone's having an okay day. And Gibby, I eat when I'm depressed too -- the only reason I'm not so fat I can't walk is because I take medication. I was a lab rat for a study at NIH and they told me that my feel-good hormone system didn't work like it was supposed to. Lucky me.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Marilee!...congrats girl!....think of it this way: you are 2/3of the way through the 300s...only 1/3 to go!...I believe that you will get there early in 2014...so happy the counseling is helping...I think everyone would benefit from that kind of outlet...I'm proud of you.

Turtle, what a nice person you are!...I hope your siblings appreciate you...please take care of yourself...have you thought about buying a cooked turkey?...there are places that make awesome turkeys...

Hey abs, happy to hear its warm there...I am almost definitely coming home tomorrow although no one knows it...they will be surprised when they see me...

Meeting a friend for dinner and Sarah may drive me to the airport in the morning...have a great day guys!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Turtle, I'm with Tony. The grocery stores in our area offer full meals - turkey, dressing, potatoes, rolls, pie, etc. All you have to do is heat it up.

You are a lot nicer than I am. I would tell my sister, no, that I had lent her all of the money I could. When you get older, you get a little tougher. I know it's hard to do.

There sure are a lot of you in the East. I guess I'm the only Westerner in the Blitz.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I just saw this on facebook. I thought you would get a kick out of it! I could edit to say let's stay awake and think of all the things I have to do tomorrow, or let's think of all the things to worry about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg let me sleep.jpg (13.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 11-18-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, that was cute! Yep, I'd be thinking about the things I needed, or ought, to do.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey girls, went out for hot chicken tonight with southern greens and baked beans...best thing I ate on this trip!

Head home early morning...Sarah wanted to drive me but I said no as she had tonight off and I don't want her getting up so early.

Abi, I've had that conversation with my brain!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you and Tony agreed with the conversation we have with our brains. I had a good one last night and had a toss and turn night. ugh

DH's brother is not doing well. He has a bad case of pneumonia that seemed to get better but now is getting worse again. They are transferring him today to either Boston or Worcester, Ma to a hospital that has a team of Dr.s that will try to figure out how to treat him. Please keep Jim in your thoughts.

Scrambled eggs for breakfast and ground beef with shredded cabbage mixed in for lunch. Decided to skip free pizza toppings today. Trying to keep meals simple and low sodium before Thanksgiving.

Have a great day all!
Closed Thread