Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/219/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
thanks marilee! :-) well, it went well...my supervisor said i did great and seemed confident and comfortable and did a good job building repoire...i really enjoyed it!

today:
b: hb egg
l: tuna
d: beef stew beef and salad

yeah, where is everyone?...

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, glad your first day went well. We knew it would!

Marilee and Tony, thanks for the nice words about my brother's painting. He charges between $350 and $400 usually. He mats and frames the watercolors as part of the package. Frames he makes by hand.

I have some more ground beef with the wedge of laughing cow chipotle cheese to mix in it for lunch. I liked that combination of Monday so will have it again.

We will be closed on Monday so are all looking forward to a 3 day weekend. Marilee, will you be off too?

Have a great Wed. all!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

all my boys are here tonight playing video games together - very cute...

where's the 3rd musketeer?...where's everyone else?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that was only the end of my post and it was a long one!...

hit the gym this morning and spent 3 hours on my back in the street today painting undercoating on the frame of my truck...had a songwriting meeting tonight...

today:
b: skipped
l: chicken wings
d: steak sub innards
Old 11-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Nice weather yesterday for being on your back in the street Tony. lol Did you finish undercoating your truck? Where do you go for your song writing meetings if you are not in Nashville? Do you do a conference call?

We are running alot of new scents right now. I hear the espresso one is going fast at the store.

I have ground beef with leftover "chili" on top of it for lunch today. Running a little late so will wish you all a great day!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, does that mean you are eating ground beef topped with ground beef?...dr. atkins would be proud of you! :-)

yeah, the temps had to be above 50-degrees for the undercoating to adhere so i was running out of time...my meeting was at my office at the building...leaving for nashville on tuesday and i may be there until the end of the following week...

tonight i am attending a fundraiser in boston for my good friend/hit songwriter who died last year...they are starting a memorial scholarship for him at berklee college of music...his wife is flying up from nashville and is so sweet - i may take my youngest son with me as he was a good friend of tim's as well...

okay, lots to do today...my publisher issued a songwriting challenge to me so i'll be busy today!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 11-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Marilee – I too think that the Christmas decorations are a bit premature. I love fall and we don’t get to celebrate fall/thanksgiving when people skip right to Christmas!

Abi - I wish I was as talented as your former supervisor! That is a fantastic costume. Yeah, on rejoining your old group. I love working with fun people too! That recipe sounds good. I do that and add a cup or cup and half of cabbage until it is wilted to my liking. If you like fried cabbage it isn’t half bad! Wouldn’t it be so exciting if you win the painting? Breakfast with your family sounds so nice. My brother and sisters live 8 hours away. I so wish I could do that.

Tony – I love date nights, hope you got to go! That is so awesome on getting the internship. I know you will do well. You’ve probably been doing it for a long time with your family, since you have a big one. I know I feel like a mediator at least once a week I was thinking about your boys being at home playing video games together even though mine are all still at home right now. I hope that they come home as often as your seem to. I miss them already Good luck with your songwriting challenge.

FF – Good too “see” you. I hope you receive some relief from the pain soon.

Back on track. Yesterday I completed my 5th day of LC. I decided I’m staying at induction levels <20, but I am keeping my LC bread. I enjoy it for breakfast and it is only 5 net carbs. Seems to be working. The scale is going in the right direction, although not as fast as I would like. Does it ever though?

This time last year I was a month and ˝ into strict LC. I just can’t seem to get back to the level of commitment I had last year. Why is that? I feel as though since I have lost some of the weight (about 45 pounds) I have become complacent. Maybe because I’m happier with my body image now? Who knows. Such an ongoing challenge and dilemma. I really do want to finish to my goal weight and then fluctuate around my goal weight, not around some random amount along the way that my body has become comfortable at!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 11-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Sorry I was mia yesterday - sore throat and sinus stuff. I'll read posts and get caught up.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey marilee, sorry you were feeling poorly...hope you're doin' better! :-)

lori, so good to hear from you...congrats on getting back on track...i can completely relate to your feelings of complacency...since i have been working out and dropped some weight, i look better than i did and although i'm still overweight, i don't think i look too bad...unfortunately, that belief is making it harder to get motivated to lose what i really do need to lose...but i'm determined!...i agree with you on the mediation thing too!...haha!...no date night - we were in the hot tub for about 90 minutes and were so relaxed, we didn't have the ooomph to go anywhere!

just got back from the fundraiser - very very nice and i got to hang out with my friend's awesome wife and sister - they are soooo sweet...
Old 11-08-2013, 02:47 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, so sorry you are under the weather. Hope you feel better today! We certainly don't want you to feel icky on the weekend!

Lori, I have read alot of posts about people adding shredded cabbage to ground beef etc. I am going to give it a try. It would add bulk to make me feel more full with not many carbs or calories.

Tony, glad the fundraiser for you friend was very nice and you got to hang out with his wife and sister. What a great memorial to him to have a scholarship to the music school in his name! I would consider 90 minutes relaxing in a hot tub a definite date night!

Glad it is Friday! I may run down to our store after work and pick up some pot pourri wax melts. I am working on a gift basket for our bazaar. I want to add one wax melt called Ginger Snow Angel. It smells like the old fashioned ginger snap cookie. The picture on the front is a cute little gingerbread man making snow angels.

I have some more ground beef with "chili" on top for lunch again. Ha ha, Tony, I am sure that does sound odd. It really isn't chili but something called mexican stew that my bil made for the family many years ago, long before mexican food was even poplular. It isn't even mexican tasting. lol It is a pound of mild sausage, a can of dark red kidney beans drained, a can of diced tomatoes, a half a green pepper diced, a can of diced potatoes
drained, and spagetti sauce. The only seasonings are in the sausage and spagetti sauce. It is a very pretty stew with the dark red, bright red, white and green and we all love the taste. I don't ever eat much because it has carbs in the beans and potatoes but a little on the ground beef gives it a nice kick.

Have a great Friday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 11-08-2013 at 02:50 AM..
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, that sounds yummy!

we just got back from boston - took my friend's wife and sister out to dinner in cambridge - great time!...i had steak...two of my sons, dw, emmy and her hubby all came, so there were 8 of us...

crazy day today - so much going on at work, but this afternoon i left early and met emmy and put 4 tires on her car so she wouldn't slip on snowy roads and then we went to lunch - had a blackened chicken salad...

i am looking forward to a day off tomorrow...may drain and refill the hot tub...i guess that was a date, abi! :-)

talked to ff last night...he hopes to get on here soon and says hi to everyone...he is too funny!...still in pain, but hanging in there...

where the heck is everyone else today?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

What a nice time you all had going out to dinner in Cambridge. I'm sure it was great spirit lift for your friend's wife and daughter. Nice you are looking out for Emmy's safety!

Sure to miss FF! He needs to get himself a new computer soon! Before long the weather will be icky and he won't want to make that trek to the library to touch base with us!

There was actually snow along the side of the road as I got near the plant yesterday. You won't believe it but I said to myself, what is that stuff? It was such a light dusting that it looked like some one had set off a fire extinguisher. I laughed out loud when I figured out it was snow.

I am looking forward to 3 days off in a row. Have alot of housekeeping and laundry to catch up on.

Will check back later to see what the rest of the gang is up to today.

Last edited by Abigale; 11-09-2013 at 01:23 AM..
Old 11-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, my buddy from brattleboro and the owner of nicola's are coming over monday for a foodie trip...we are going to the huge italian market i have been telling them about and then down to boston to an armenian/middle eastern market as well...should be fun...my youngest son will probably join us too...

that's funny about the snow!...haha...we had a few flurries but nothing stuck...

lots of stuff to do around the yard today...all the trees means all the leaves and the boys have huge leaf blowers and they've been doing it piecemeal, but we have a bunch of things to clean up, plus i gotta get the leaves off the pool cover, pump the water off it, plant two rosebushes that have been sitting in pots on the deck all summer and drain the hot tub and refill sometime this weekend...other things too to get ready for winter around here...

what's everyone else up to?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

I can't think of anything more fun than going to two different food markets. You should have a great time!

Lori, I am trying the shredded cabbage mixed with my ground beef for lunch and really like it! All they had was regular cole slaw mix. I had wanted to get some plain angel hair slaw mix. But this mix with the carrots in it gives it an asian stir fry look. Love the crunchy texture!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i like cole slaw but can't get past the cooked cabbage smell so i've never eaten it cooked, believe it or not...my mom liked it and used to stink the whole house out when she'd make it...us kids would run back outside when we'd smell it - haha!

what a day!...my legs are sore - just came in now and have been outside working all day with my son...i won't go into the whole litany of things we did, but we're gonna sleep well tonight!

how's everyone doing today?
Old 11-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I am the same way with the smell of brocolli cooking. Hate the smell. Not crazy about the smell of cabbage cooking when I do a half a head when making a boiled dinner. Now throwing 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage into the frying pan while cooking about a cup of ground beef I didn't notice any odor at all?

Friday our daughter, one of our grandaughters and some friends drove to the far side of Missouri to watch the varsity girls volley ball team try to win the state title. After the playoffs on Friday they decided to make spirit towels to bring to the final game last night and talked the local walmart there into letting them buy the material and cutting them out in the store. lol Once they posted their picture on facebook orders from friends started pouring in. "Hey, there are six of us on the way - we all want towels too!" Unfortunately the girls came in second I read on facebook this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spirit towels.jpg (35.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 11-10-2013 at 03:37 AM..
Old 11-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, very cute photo! :-) what went on at the backside this morning?...can't wait to hear about all the doings!...

congrats to the girls for second place - that's AMAZING...we are talking about a whole state there, aren't we?...

another busy day today...ds and i made a couple of trips to the building to store 2 truckloads of stuff...

today:
b: a few ounces of roast chicken
l: pizza toppings
d: ?

it's been the abi and tony show for the past few days around here...puts pressure on us to entertain each other!...haha!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha, that's right Tony. Now how entertaining can I make the breakfast at the Backside. Well, the bacon and eggs were delicious, my niece and her husband joined my brother and sil and me. We had alot of laughs as usual but can't remember any story at the moment. I've got nothin.

Yes, that was second in the state. So close. DD and grandaughter in photo got back home at 3 only to have to get her to volleyball try outs at 4:30! I messaged DD that it never ends does it?

Yesterday was also DD and Sil 22nd wedding anniversary. They posted sweet pictures on facebook to each other while at opposite sides of the state. Sil reminded us as he watched Alabama beat LSU that the guys were all huddled at the bar at their reception watching the same two teams play. Bama beat them then too. Must be a good omen. lol

Last edited by Abigale; 11-10-2013 at 04:59 PM..
Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Finally feeling good. I never had mononucleosis, but I sure had the symptoms. Missed 2-1/2 days of work last week - bummer! I spent the weekend sleeping and resting.

Awoke this morning with a new resoled to stay on plan and get rid of this blubber! I hope this sure of commitment stays around for awhile.

I need to get caught up on posts, but just wanted to be included in the "Tony and Abi" show.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, welcome to the Tony and Abi show. The 3 muskateers or mousketeers are back together again!

Glad you are feeling better today after a weekend of rest.

I have been trying to get an old computer we have to get going. About a year ago it developed this blue screen when you log on that is covered with white writing telling you they have to shut it down because something could damage your computer. The problem is it flashes on the screen too quick to read it before it shuts off the computer. I managed to actually get to a spot to log on to LCF when up popped the blue screen again. So I give up!!

Am eating ground beef so far today. We do have some ham leftovers I may have later.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee – So glad you are feeling better. I love getting a new resolve. It gives you that perk you needs sometimes just to make the right decision at the fight time.

Abi – I have tried it several different ways. Probably my most favorite and the rest of the family too is my sweet bacon. I use a 1-2 garlic and herb cheese wedge, bacon pieces, and 1-3 packets of splenda depending on how sweet I want it that day or how much cabbage I am using. I usually put about ˝ cup of chicken broth in with it to help it wilt. A great quick meal for anyone in my family. I can’t believe the kids eat it sometimes, but I think it is the sweet factor. I use the bag too if I’m in a hurry, but I try to just get a couple heads of cabbage when I am at the market. It is a really easy to quarter it and then just slice it in thin strips. It keeps quite a while in the fridge too.

Tony – 90 minutes in the hot tub alone would be considered a date for us. My boys worked outside Saturday and Sunday also. We are still cleaning up those trees we dropped a month or so ago. They are almost finished splitting the last tree then we have to move it all to the back of the house and cover it, to dry it to burn in the fireplaces. The smell is more diluted when you have other smells like bacon or hamburger competing with it.

Date night Friday with DH was yummy ribeye steak and salad. The waitress is so fantastic remembers us almost every Friday and doesn’t even ask me anymore if I want the baked potato. Alas, this week she brought me the two rolls anyway. I didn’t have the heart to tell her I wasn’t going to eat them. But I feel bad when the rolls just sit on the table and go to waste. Oh well, I didn’t cave and stayed on plan all weekend!
Saturday was busy busy. One son going to drivers education class in the morning. Cleaning house with the others. Going shopping with DH for a generator and a couple of new windows before winter hits us fully. Sunday more of the same… I was the sponsor for the youth church luncheon, so spend 5 hours cooking, serving and cleaning. Lunch was a hit though: chicken fettuccine alfredo, mashed potatoes, green beans and roll. Onward home to pack up the DH for another two week stint in Canada, dropping off two little ones to the sitter and taking teenage boys to Veteran’s dinner. My oldest when to Ohio Buckeye Boys State and from there was chose for Ohio State Highway Cadet School. This was all paid for by the American Legion and we were there last night for him to speak about it and say thank you to those to sent him. I was a very proud momma as everyone told him how great his speech was. This morning I attended the Veteran’s presentation at their school before heading off to work. Now I am taking a deep breath for the rest of the busy week LOL.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey lori, great to see you...thanks for the awesome update...lots of interesting stuff...are you sure those weren't redwoods that fell in your yard?...haha!...sounds like your family is involved with a lot of worthwhile events - two of my kids did boys and girls state - it was very rewarding and they learned a lot...so nice of you to sponsor that yummy meal...

if you never want to lose power again, buy a generator!...since i installed mine early last spring, we have lost power for about an hour on a sunny afternoon...before that, we were losing it every month or two...not that i'm complaining :-)

marilee, so sorry to hear you were so sick...happy you are feeling better and back in the saddle...

whew, abs, this blitz show is a lot nicer when marilee and lori are around, isn't it?...lol...congrats to your daughter and her hubby...22 years is a long time...that's funny about the football game - i can't believe he remembers who was playing on his wedding day!...

fun day hanging with my son and my foodie friends today...had grilled salmon for lunch and threw steak tips on the grill tonight...

tomorrow morning i leave for nashville - this is my longest stay there ever as my return ticket isn't until a week from friday...i left some open days at the end in case i need them, but if not, i may try to head home earlier...

my internet access is spotty down there, but i will do my best to check in and post as often as i can...stay strong kids!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:45 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, you must be so proud of your son. Did your DH get to hear him speak too or was he already out of town. Your sweet bacon cabbage meal sounds very good. I will have to give it a try. Would you believe they didn't have any heads of cabbage at the wm I shopped at?

My DH went to boys state too many years ago. I went to Model UN at Plymouth State. Memories...

Believe me Tony, if you are an Alabama fan you remember who played and who won for years. lol I bet if I asked DD if she remembers who was playing and who won on her wedding day she would be able to answer that.

Have a safe trip to Nashville and a very successful one too Tony!

You may miss out on the first snow fall if you are lucky. Ugh. It is spitting snow out there right now. Well I better hit the road in case some of this is freezing on it.

Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Tony – I know crazy life…but so fun! I am very glad about the generator. We had a couple of not so pleasant outages last winter.

Abi – My husband got to see the recording. I recorded DS’s speech for him. I just got a head of cabbage last night at WM, but I had to search for it. Not many left.

Snow on the ground here this morning, very pretty. Yesterday evening was busy as was expected. I had to work over because I went in late and the older 3 children had to heat up leftover veggies. I did put some pork ribs in the crockpot yesterday morning with a steak rub. All I put in the bottom of the crockpot was a tablespoon of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. OMG, this was the best rib meat I have ever had. I pulled all the bones out of it last night and put some Low sugar BBQ sauce on it.

YUM!!!

I have been struggling for a couple of months on what to do with these ribs. I stumbled/searched for this recipe on PIN Sunday. And it worked great. I highly recommend it.

When I got home I threw together another broccoli-cauliflower salad for the week (YUM again!).

Sometimes I just want to put it all on slow motion. I was sitting back thinking about this month last night and with all the running around we have going on (5 more driver’s ed classes in 13 days!) I just want the really fun parts to be in super slow motion so the kids remember. I don’t want November to be a blur of activity with no fun memories. Am I being silly?

By the Way, I love you guys. This is like a blog that talks back.

Sometimes I wonder if we (translated I) put too much information here. Then I think...who the hell is interested enough in my life to use this information...LOL
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Lori, we love you too! i never worry about what I say on here either...if you think you give tmi, the poor people in here know my life story...it's amazing how much we have all shared with each other over the last few years in here...at least three in our group lost parents since these blitzes started...I share stuff with you guys that I don't really talk about with anyone...btw, I'm not saying you guys get excited to know I ate half a banana for breakfast, but I can at least share that with you

So, Lori, did you use the rib meat like pulled pork?...sounds yummy!...I completely understand how you feel about slowing things down...you're a great mom and the fact that you are enjoying your kids and are aware of the preciousness of this time, is awesome...the kids will remember most everything - trust me on that

Abs, I missed the snow and made it to Nashville unmolested...my return ticket is a week from Friday, but I may head home earlier if I don't book something significant after Mondays writing appt...I left more time open on this trip in case my publisher wanted to set up some appts. For me but he didn't, so.........btw, that is so funny about the football games!

Sarah had dinner plans tonight - not sure when she's working or when I might see her...tomorrow afternoon/evening I have a writing appt, so maybe Friday?

Marilee, how you feeling, kid?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:41 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, I love that thought that this is a blog that talks back! Exactly!

Tony, it is 20 degrees here this morning. Boy, you picked a good week to fly south!

We had make your own sandwich yesterday for free lunch so I used a slice of ham as my bread and made a mayo, chicken and tomato sandwich. It was filling and delicious. I have just plain old ground beef for lunch today. I cooked up a couple of pounds on the weekend so will be eating it for several days.

We are having some kind of tour come through today so they have asked to all wear our company shirts. They have white t shirts with copies of our candle labels on them so all are different. I have a wild holly berry one and am wearing spiced pumpkin today.

One of the girls I work with was called home on Friday because her folks home was on fire. She lives in an apartment in their garage. There were 5 children in the house and several pets but they all got out fine. The house will not be able to be fixed so hoping their insurance will be enough to get them a new one. Lots of people coming to their aid including the red cross thank goodness.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abs, that's terrible about the fire...do they know what caused it?...did the garage burn too?...hey, I thought you didn't like ground beef? ;-)
Old 11-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all.

Lori, you can share whatever you want with us. We love you!

Tony, I so care that you had a banana - I can't tell you how much I'm doing fine, thank you for asking. So far, still on plan....whatever that is

Abi, that's so sad to hear about the fire. I'm so glad that all living creatures were spared. I bet you look cute in your company shirt!

I have to get my driver's license renewed - it expires on my birthday next week. I dread going because it can take so long. I'm leaving work a little early tomorrow to get that errand done. Otherwise, things are good on my end.

Marilee
Old 11-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #209
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
greetings, Blitzers

i hope all is well with y'all. it's official: spinal stenosis, pinched meralgia paresthetica nerve, osteoarthritis rt knee & hip. neuro will need to take precedence over osteo. most of the pain is neuro. i expect the surgery (neuro) will take place in the 1st qtr of 2014. the osteo will come later. if the current prescription does not work, i will ask my med dr. to prescribe the largest dosage of opiate allowed by law. However, despite the continuous pain, i am in good spirits. i do not know if i will be able to get to (earth) bro for TG. However, the diners in my neck of the woods, have great dinners for delivery. I do have something to be thankful for-my problems are neither cardiovascular or neoplastic-so far. I am going to the barber later for a haircut AND a shave. I will be going to THE BAKERY this Friday. There is a library on the same block. So, I hope to be talking to y'all on Fri. Ciao for now. FF
Old 11-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #210
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
addendum

sorry about the fire, Abi. I live in fear of fires. I am extremely careful, However, I live in a very large apt building. I can only hope my neighbors are equally careful. We had a little snow yesterday. I enjoyed it very much. This evening, I shall endulge in a rather large porterhouse-28 oz before cooking (from the diner). I hope I have the discipline to make 2 meals out of it. Yesterday, I had the pistachio ice cream indulgence (without guilt). I am staying as close to zero carbs until next Thursday/med dr. Auf MEATersehen till Fri. FF
Closed Thread