Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Hmmmm, thanks Lori...ya learn something new every day!

Good day today:
B: Greek yogurt with banana and strawberry
L: 2 rotisserie chicken thighs and legs
D: nothing yet

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, you have never had any creamed chipped beef? DH loves it on toast. Back in his army days they called it sos. lol

Lori, I think I have also had it mixed with the cream cheese dip too! Great news about your son qualifying for the regionals!

Today is free pizza day so I will have my usual of the tops off two slices. I have some of the onion dip and pork skins for snacks.

Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-22-2013 at 02:36 AM..
Old 10-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys!

Another good day:
B: Greek yogurt and fruit
L: sliced turkey and cheese
D: roast chicken and salad

Abs, I know what SOS stands for!...haha...but nope, never had chipped beef...where is it in the market and what is it called?...wouldn't it be better just to brown some ground beef?...I'm up for trying all this stuff though...

I think we got a good song in the studio today...I fly back in the morning, but won't actually be home until 5 p.m. Or so...looking forward to being home...will miss Sarah...haven't seen her since Saturday night as she has worked every day and is going to a quilting class to finish a quilt she is making for Emmys baby...

How is everyone doing?...

Ff left me a message but I could only hear part of it...he's doing okay but the pain meds didn't work, so he hasn't made it to the library and computer...someone at his job commented how he looked like he lost weight so he was happy about that...I'm happy for him as he seems good except for the legs!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 10-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, glad FF checked in with you. Sorry he is still having so much pain in his legs. I bet he was thrilled to be told he looked like he had lost weight.

I bet the baby quilt that Sarah is making will be lovely!

Good luck on the song. It may be the big one that will shoot you into stardom!

Another name for chipped beef is dried beef. It doesn't taste anything like ground beef. It is really salty and sliced paper thin. hormel and armour both make it and it is usually in a little glass jar near canned tuna and spam etc. When I make cream chipped beef I usually shred it and boil it for a minute to get the salt out of it. DD used to just love eating it right out of the jar so I would have to limit her so I would have enough left to make dinner with it. lol
I'll post a pictue at the bottom.

Packing the chicken for lunch that I cooked up the other day that I was going to mix with the artichoke dip. Have decided I don't like the dip that much so will make chicken salad instead.

Have a great day all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chipped beef.jpg (9.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Tony - Yes we have been working on the trees. Our house was built in '71 and we have a 2.5 acre lawn with mature trees everywhere. Unfortunately a lot of them are ash and have been badly infected with ash borer. Since there are several near the house, we are cutting them down for safety sake.

Well I finished day two of P90X last night. And today I HURT. It is a good hurt though!

Our House and "the trees":
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 521637_10153062701360297_80125984_n[1].jpg (75.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 63205_10152364662795297_787727058_n[1].jpg (29.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Good morning! Sorry I've been mia. I haven't had too much to talk about and you all are such newsy people with busy lives. There is too much to catch up on so I'll just jump in here.

I love SOS! I haven't had that in years and it sounds yummy. Abi, how do you make you sauce LC? Do you serve it over anything or just eat it like soup?

Tony, you have so much going on I can't keep up! I'm glad you are happy with your song. Keep us posted on when your music gets recorded and is on the air.

Lori - If I did a workout like yours, you'd all be invited to my funeral!

So glad you heard from ff, Tony. I'm sorry he is in so much pain.

On a personal note, I had my first visit with a counselor on Monday after work. I'm hoping to get some "mental" help to get me out of my head and work on my weight loss, since it all seems to be between our ears.

Hi Bec and all our other Blitzers....I miss my niece, Vicki. Where are you? Please drop by and say "hi".

Marilee
Old 10-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Marilee, hope you will share any wisdom you glean from the counseling sessions...I think it is very valuable to be able to talk openly with a neutral, objective person...yeah, my life is pretty crazy right now...don't feel bad, even I can't keep track of my life!

Abs, that pic looks yummy - I'm gonna look for that beef...I just bought a little pink "Nashville" teddy bear for my granddaughter at the airport. :-). Feels funny to say that!

Lori, what a beautiful home and little cutie running around!...we grew up with ash trees in our front yard...they make baseball bats out of that stuff...didn't remember you we're doing p90x...that is intense - good for you!

Had half a banana for b-fast and have some turkey lettuce and tomato to eat on the plane...at the airport now and about to board...have a great day, blitzers!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, love the new profile picture. Yes, that would be great! Hoping going to a counselor is terrific. Please share some of the gems of wisdom you learn along the way.

I have not made cream chip gravy in years. DH sort of lost his craving for it. I actually bought a well known brand in the frozen foods section but he has not wanted it. I did look around to see if there were any recipes in lcf and did find this one where they take heavy cream and mix it with an egg and stir it into drippings. Wonder if something like that would work if you started with melted butter in the pan?http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ms-flours.html

Lori, love your home and the big lot it is on. Good going on the exercise! Hope you don't hurt too much today!

Tony, that was so sweet to buy the pink teddy bear for your grandaughter! Emmy will be so touched too. It won't be long and that little girl will have you wrapped around your finger! lol

Have a great day all!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

i'm already well wrapped around that baby's finger, and her mother's!...haha!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee - If you did it right, I would be going to your workout class not your funeral. You just have to do what they say...1) do it at your own pace 2) Take breaks when you need to

Tony - Just started P90X. Didn't have time last night, so decided when I'm running short on time I would commit to 2 miles on the treadmill. So, did treadmill last night.

Thanks for the compliments on the house/yard. It is a lot of responsibility. I should take a picture of all the trees laying around in the yard right now and that would reflect the current stress of getting it cleaned up

Ran last night and have been on plan now 10 days!!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori, your house is beautiful. I bet it is real homey during the holidays.

Kindasorta on plan. Haven't buckled down yet to full-on LC, but am getting prepared. I haven't weighed in over two weeks which is HUGE for me, since I'm a compulsive weigher. I'll weight (LOL!) until Monday and do it then.

I'm not sure how much of the counseling I'll be sharing since I'm sure we are going to be address a lot of personal issues. But, if anything comes up, I'll pass it along.

Thanks for the compliment on my avitar, Abi. I got this new one today - I had to share. It made me laugh out loud!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

hey marilee, that's a funny avitar!...sounds like you have a great plan for getting to a long-term solution - i applaud you, sis...

ff called me last night and hoped he would get to the library today, but guess not since there's no post...he misses everyone and said he may get a computer next year!...better than when he turns 70!...haha!...he is going to the pain clinic to get some relief (hopefully!)...

lori, you have a beautiful treed yard, but at least it's reasonable!...when they built my house 28 years ago in the woods, i asked them not to cut down any trees they didn't have to, AND THEY LISTENED!...then for the next several years, i planted a tree in every open inch of the yard except over the septic system...i'll have to post a photo - it's pretty but crazy!...congrats on staying on plan!...you are doing fantastic!

abi, did you eat pork rinds today?...come on, fess up...

i weighed in at 229.2 this morning and so i will add another restriction...i have lost count, but i believe this is my current list of restrictions until i get below 228:
1. 9 p.m. curfew
2. no bread or pasta
3. no potatoes or rice
4. no sugar-added foods

where's the rest of the crowd?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I confess, I ate pork rinds yesterday and am going to eat some more today. Bringing some cream cheese etc. to dip them in for lunch and snacks. I didn't mix it up, just put the seasonings in and some cheddar cheese and will soften up in the microwave and then stir.

So happy you talked to FF and glad he is considering getting a computer sooner rather than later. Miss that guy so much! He is our fearless leader you know.

Lori, if you get a chance, post a picture with the trees laying in the yard that you are trying to cut up.

Marilee, I got a chuckle out of the submarine race photo.

TGIF everyone. Have a great Friday!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

wow, quiet day around here, huh?...

just got back from class a bit ago...doing well on plan...

not much new as i was working all day...having some paving done at the building, so that will be an improvement...

tomorrow is emmy's baby shower in rhode island...my sisters are throwing it for her and there should be a nice little crowd...she felt funny registering at babiesrus, but my sisters talked her into it...so i went on her baby registry last week and bought the few higher-priced items as i hate people to think they have to get her bigger items...less than two months before i become a grandpa!...can't wait!

class all day tomorrow and i'm looking forward to a relaxing day on sunday...will change out the hot tub water and do some work on my truck...

hope y'all have a great day tomorrow :-)
Old 10-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Hope Emmy gets everything she wants and needs for that little girl on the way! It doesn't seem possible that due date is only a couple of months away!

I have been doing some cleaning and laundry this morning and getting ready to do some grocery shopping. Very exciting day! lol

Will check back later and see how everyone is doing today.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Thank goodness it's Saturday. Last week at work was busy - I love that, but enjoy the break.

Grandpa Tony! It will be fund to see what she calls you when she starts talking.

Well, I weighed in this morning - I decided to go ahead and face the music. It was bad, but not as bad as I thought. So, here we go again. Bacon and eggs for breakfast - I was hungry as I didn't eat much last night.

Today is house cleaning day and watching spooky movies. It is beautiful this morning....65 degrees with a high of 91.

I'd better get to it. I'll talk to you all later. Enjoy your day!
Old 10-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, glad you are enjoying your Saturday. House cleaning is a nice change from a stressful work week isn't it! Don't get too scared watching those spooky movies. The last one I watched was The Mummy when I was about 10. My girl friend and I were babysitting my younger sister and brothers. Then we were joining a slumber party across the field. You never saw two little girls run as fast as we did. I will never forget that night! lol
Old 10-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

wow, abs, you haven't watched a spooky movie since you were 10?...that's so funny...hope you enjoyed your exciting day...lol...hope the bacon and eggs are good in the morning...

marilee, you and abi are eating off the same menu!...haha!...hope you enjoyed your day of scary movies...share a few of the titles you watched...

i was in class all day...i guess emmy's shower was so much fun...dw and emmy were admiring a quilt my sister said she made and when my wife looked skeptical, my sister asked if she wanted to know ho really made the quilt and my daughter sarah came walking out of the back bedroom...SHOCK!...emmy was so happy to see her sister, she was crying...sarah flew into providence last night and spent the night at my sister's house and no one else knew she was coming...she's here til tomorrow, and emmy and her hubby and all my kids and dw are going apple picking in the morning...one of sarah's friends is also spending the night and going apple picking too...

i'll stop rambling now :-)

hope y'all have a great night and morning!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I watch classics mostly. I don't like slasher films or gore, or demonic ones like The Exorcist and the Omen. I have several saved on my DVR...Hush with Gwenyth Paltrow; The Guardian with Jenny Seagrove (I'm giving you the actors names as there are other films with those same titles); Poltergeist; Poltergeist II; Christine; The Haunting of Hill House (great black and white film!); Stevephen King's "Rose Red"; Dracula, with Bela Legosi, etc.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

No scary movies for me! But Marilee, I did read the The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. She was living in North Bennington when I was that child of 10. Her children went to school with us. When my brother and sister and I were there afew weeks ago we drove by her house and pointed it out to my sister. We wondered as we drove by the well in the middle of town if that was her inspiration for The Lottery.

Tony, I got chills and almost a tear when I read your post about Sarah surprising everyone at Emmy's shower. How wonderful!

Can't wait for my bacon and eggs this morning!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 10-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

abs, i got choked up when i heard what sarah had done...she flew out today at 5:30 and won't get back to nashville til midnight...it was soooo nice having her home...we all went apple picking this morning, dw, me and all of our five kids and my son in law and sarah's friend liz...

had a big italian meal today (per sarah's request) with all the folks listed above - it was so nice having them all together...emmy just left a few minutes ago and my three sons are still all hanging together in the family room...

only one more mediation class left, then i gotta find an internship...i'm really enjoying it!...went to the building today and the paving work looks good...

how is everyone doing?...i will hit the gym in the a.m....

today:
b: apples :-)
l: pasta (about 5 forkfulls) and sausage and chicken cutlets (my restrictions don't allow pasta but are only in effect 5 days a week - although i rarely give myself a day off)
d: skipped

feeling good and emmy said i looked thin yesterday! :-)
Old 10-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

hey marilee, i love the old horror movies - bela lugosi, boris karloff, etc...used to stay up late on sat nights as they would show them when i was a kid... :-)

what's goin on in az?...what's the weather like?...
Old 10-28-2013, 02:34 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Your day sounded just about perfect yesterday Tony! Picking apples, a big Italian dinner and your whole family together! What more could you want? Will your internship be a 40 hour week or can you name your own hours until you hit the requirements?

Just made some tuna salad for lunch with lots of celery and some onion in it. Will eat it with pork rinds of course.

Hope we hear from FF today! How are Mimsey, Turtle, Bec, and Lori doing?

Marilee, hope you could sleep after all the scary movies you watched over the weekend. lol

Have a wonderful day Blitzers!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee – Thanks so much for the compliments on my home. Also, we look forward to whatever wisdom you care to pass on to us. Great attitude with getting back on the wagon. When you get finished with the house cleaning at your house, come to Ohio. I can’t remember a time when something in my house didn’t need to be cleaned

Abi – Great story! I have so many similar stories.

Tony – That is a great surprise. I love doing things like that.

I had a pretty good weekend. There were a couple of meals that were less than ideal, but I got right back on track and am happy about that for the most part. I need to get back on the bacon and egg track like you guys. Today isn’t that great because I am sick AGAIN, the downfalls of having 4 children in sick season.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

abs, i'm pretty sure an internship isn't like a regular hours kinda thing...first, you only have to do 20 hours total, and have to mediate x-number of sessions, write x-number of agreements, etc...i'm sure we will learn more about getting internships on wednesday and i'll let you know :-)

lori, sorry you are not feeling well...drink a lot of fluids and flush out the germs!...hope your kids are okay

had a great workout at the gym today and then a lot of running around...nice to be in new hampshire - i head back to nashvegas from the 12th to the 22nd and my son and maybe dw will fly down over the weekend i am there...

today:
b: 1/2 banana
l: grilled chicken breast
d: leftovers - not sure what yet
Old 10-29-2013, 02:42 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, sorry you are under the weather! Once one gets it, it goes right through the family doesn't it.

Tony, that schedule sounds pretty stess free. You should be able to work it in with your trips to Nashville and keeping up with your property management.

I have some tunal packed for snack/breakfast at 9 and today's free lunch will be deli platter so I will make some kind of a salad with it.

Have a wonderful day Blitzers!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:57 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

hey abs, i've been craving tuna...we have been eating leftovers from emmy's baby shower since saturday and i'm happy to say that the dog got the last of them this morning! :-)

btw, how is hubby's pt going?...tell him when he feels sore to keep moving (as long as it is not a crippling pain, of course!)...sometimes, my instinct when i was sore was to stop moving and that slowed down my progress...it may take a month of regular pt and exercise before he feels a real difference...

hey marilee, where are you?...bec?...turtle?...mimsey?...FF!?

off to work - have a great day, kids!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

haaaallllooooo!...where is everyone?...

today:
b: skipped
l: salad w/evoo, balsamic vinegar and topped with tuna
d: chinese - LC choices
drinking lots of water too

feeling good - lots of homework and i'm hoping to finish tonight so i can hit the gym in the morning...

how is everyone else doing?...let's all try to behave and lose before we hit the holidays!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

well, i was unsuccessful coaxing anyone out of their dens today, so we may have to wait for abi's middle-of-the-night post... :-)

finished my homework so i will be able to hit the gym in the a.m....yea!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snowboarding72
Stats: Scale says to be continued - total goal 40lbs
WOE: Low carb,15 carbs a day for now
Start Date: October 30, 2013
Hello y'all!! My name is Shelby and I'm new to your group. I'm looking for support as I feel so frustrated with myself. You see, I went on WW and lost 20lbs during the spring and felt great. Then something terrible happened, my clothes shrank. I gained back my weight and then some. Ugh .......I hate that I'm an emotional eater. Well, I know low carb works as I've been on it several times and had great success. So here we go, back on the LC band wagon. Wish me luck and I hope to report good news soon!! Look forward to meeting y'all!!
Closed Thread