Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 02:39 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Sorry you had to work and were so busy Marilee. Did you post at 12:45 am this morning? Going to bed late or another sleepless night? Maybe it's just my computer acting strange again. lol

Wondering if I will be still packing candles today or back on my line. The girl that runs that machine I was being trained on is in Florida this week on vacation so they may call me back to that area. Of course, it has been ages since I was being trained on it. Should be very challenging if I do work it today. Wish me luck!

Had a chicken piccatta meal in the freezer that I cooked up yesterday. It was just chicken and sauce. It said to put it over rice or noodles. It was fairly low carb so after I cooked it in microwave I scraped off the breading and cut it up into bite size pieces. Have half for lunch today. It is really flavorful. lots of garlic, and artichoke hearts chopped up in it. Making something like this from scratch may be my next cooking experiment. lol

Someone posted the card below in facebook today and it cracked me up after telling you all how much I do not like to exercise.

Have a great Tuesday Blitzers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fitness protection plan.jpg (21.1 KB, 2 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all....

Abi, that picture and saying is funny! I posted at 9:45 PM my time, which would ber 12:45 AM your time. I went to be shortly after that.

I'm sorry I'm behind. I've read everyone's posts so I know what you are up to.

I'm glad to hear that ff is doing ok and has some funds, finally! I wish he would pop for a computer - even a used one. Maybe I'll give him a call this weekend.

Well, back to the salt mine.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/261.6/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
Hi y'all--on plan and slogging thru a crappy work week.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Turtle50
Stats: Sizes: 18/16/6
WOE: Why We Get Fat book
Start Date: December 2012
Hey everyone,

Abigale, you are so dedicated, cleaning your venetian blinds. I don't think I've every touched a venetian blind, except to open and close. Housework is just not me, although I did wash the door on Monday since the locksmith was coming to install new locks. I also swept the kitchen floor, which for me is totally amazing.

Tony, don't worry about being a slug. I prefer the slug life although I only got to enjoy it on Saturday night when I came home from grocery shopping, threw some logs on the fire, mixed myself a drink and couch-potatoed for the rest of the evening. Awesome.

Of course, the next day I made the mistake of spending three hours working in my horribly overgrown backyard. Had to take two Aleve the next morning because one wasn't cutting it and I still had the laundry to do. I'm hoping the Aleve will last through tonight's Pilates class . . .

Sticking to my usual meat from Trader Joe's, and vegetables I cook on the weekend, eating routine. I try to vary the vegetables and sauces so I don't get bored. I don't like to experiment much because I hate cooking anyway and what if my experiments fail? I did make this chili recipe which got a lot of rave reviews on myrecipes.com, but you have to work pretty hard to ruin homemade chili. The worst I've ever had has been Amy's Vegetarian Chili from Whole Foods. It was thin and soupy and almost tasteless except for being sweet. Yuck.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys, great to see y'all...sounds like everyone is on track!

abs, hope you were happy wherever you worked today :-)

marilee, sorry you didn't have the day off

turtle, you were a cooler slug than i was!...haha!

bec, keep smiling through your crappy work week!

i am having a couple of CRAZY days...busy at the building, had a huge homework assignment (i forgot how much i hate homework! :-) due tomorrow and have some worktapes i need to record for a couple of songs we are cutting in the studio in a few days...i feel a bit schizophrenic with all the different hats i'm wearing, but it is interesting...

busy day tomorrow and class tomorrow night and then off to nashville on thursday and a bunch of busy days there too...

today:
b: few cubes of cantaloup
l: skipped
s: a hard pretzel
d: baby back ribs, dry-rubbed and grilled

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Ha ha Turtle. Believe me, I only washed the blinds on one window and they all need to be done. This one had not been done forever as it is hard to reach and you have to climb up on the back of the tub to get to it. So I am still in the slug catagory. lol

Tony, they kept me in shipping but the day went fast and the orders were not too heavy to work with so I was happy.

Bec, sorry about your work week not going so great. Hope today is a good one!

We will all meet for dinner tonight at a restaurant to get to chat with my brother and sister in law from Georgia. I think my older sister won't drive down from Canaan because she was out of town last weekend and will be this weekend too. She figures she will be just too tired after work to make the drive. I think there will be at least 10 of us there.

I usually have a ceasar salad and a glass of wine when we go there. Sometimes have grilled chicken on it if I am especially hungry.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:22 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, have fun at the marina...i love that place... :-)
Old 10-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Abigale - My friend used to soak her blinds in soap an water in the bathtub, then hang them up outside to dry before rehanging them in the house.

Hi to everyone.

I am finally caught up and you guys have been busy.

The months of august and september have had me turning circles and eating horribly. I hope to turn that around from here on out. Back to low carb yesterday. But I have been doing fairly well during the week and running a couple of times a week, but the weekends are killing me.

I had two children have birthdays 4 weeks apart along with several other friends kids having birthdays and parties, it has been a sugary- carby mess.

So, back on the wagon. Hoping to get in 2-3 runs a week and some high intensity workouts on opposite days of runs.

Glad to see everyone is doing well and staying on track.

Today I brought grilled chicken and coleslaw for lunch! I intended to put on roast for dinner, but forgot. I'll probably just make sausage burgers for all.

Have a good day all!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 10-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey lori, sounds like you are in the right frame of mind to rock this blitz!

just got out of class...long day...heading to nashville tomorrow and i won't be back til next wednesday...ds is flying down for the weekend and can't wait to see sarah...i've got lots going on this trip - publisher meeting, studio recording, writing, events with friends, etc....

wonder how artemis is doing?

abi, did you bring a cot to the marina?

stay strong kiddos!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, doesn't it feel good to be back on the wagon!

Tony, I felt like I should have had a cot at the Marina. I woke up at midnight yesterday morning and could not get back to sleep. Sound familiar Marilee? So staying up until 9:30 was tough. But we had a great time. Nine of us showed up. Lots of laughs as usual.

Hope you all have a great day! Tony have a safe and productive week in Nashville!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

As always, thanks so much for the positivity and encouragement. I do feel like I am in the right frame of mind AND it feels great to be back on the wagon. Inevitably, though, Saturday arrives and a party or invitation and one little allowance leads to another. Then I figure, well I've already blown Saturday, why not indulge Sunday too? Then byt Monday or tuesday I'm back on the wagon and dreading another weekend.

Vicious cycle!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant.

I have had a great LC day and hope to carry on strong through the weekend, despite the costume party Saturday night. Ugh!
Old 10-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Turtle50
Stats: Sizes: 18/16/6
WOE: Why We Get Fat book
Start Date: December 2012
Hi Bec and Abigale, hope the work week hasn't been too bad -- and tomorrow's Friday; what's better than that?

Tony, all that running around and music stuff -- surely you could find an exotic way to be a slug. I happened to combine two of my favorite activities, but I had to do something after grocery shopping, which I hate only slightly less than cooking.

Lori, I don't know what I would do if I went out to parties on weekends and had to look at food that I couldn't eat. Or going out to restaurants. "Yes, I'll have the broiled tilapia with a squeeze of lime and oil and balsamic vinegar dressing on my salad. And none of your famous bread pudding tonight, thanks." Not. I suppose if it was a potluck, I could bring something really lowcarb (unknown to the guests) and delicious, and then eat that all night. Otherwise, if I actually had a social life, I would be doomed.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Turtle, I am very glad today is Friday. I'm sure Bec is too and probably Marilee. Now Lori is probably busier on the weekend when the kids are out of school.

Fortunately, I don't do much socializing which does really help to resist temptations. This time of the year is usually rough with halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Alot more going on. Lori, I have played that whole script of well, I have messed up so might as well go whole hog for the rest of the day, and that goes into more days in a row

I am trying to go very low carb most of the time. Tuna salad for lunch today. Maybe egg salad for dinner.

Tony, hope you had a good trip yesterday to Nashville and are enjoying visiting with Sarah. Your son will fly down tomorrow for the weekend? That will be fun.

Have a great Friday Blitzers!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

The whole social life is a new thing. 50 pounds ago I didn't have the self esteem to have such an active social life. In addition to my weight loss it feels like my whole world has changed with new friends and different activities.

Abi, you are right about the kids. I still TGIF though. I love spending time with the kids on the weekend. It will be a challenging weekend though. This will be the first weekend DH has had to stay out of town in about 2 months. In addition to that my sophomore has to run his Regional cross country meet tomorrow, which is, of course, more than an hour drive away.

So, road trip for me and the little munchkins tomorrow! In addition, I told my friend I would help her decorate tonight for her costume party tomorrow night and that I would cook an appetizer. What was I thinking!!

Up side is, I can eat the appetizer I'm cooking and I talked her into a veggie tray! YAY! I think I might be able to pull this off after all!

Down 4.4 pounds in 3 days!! Woohooo!!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys, quick post from Nashville...this is a very busy trip so not much online time...

Great to see everyone on track and feeling positive...I'm with y'all on the wagon...yesterday I had a few cubes of cantaloupe for breakfast and 2/3 of an apple for lunch - for some reason I can never finish a whole apple...weird, I know!...last night I skipped dinner as Sarah and I went all over town seeing some of my friends playing out and she had already eaten...

When I got back to the apt at 11, I ate the only thing I had in the house - some red pepper hummus and whole grain pita chips I had picked up on my last trip...didn't overdo it, and it hit the spot...

Haven't eaten yet today...

Meetings etc. this afternoon and a show tonight and then I pick my son up at the airport at 9 tonight...

Stay strong this weekend kids...Lori, want a pic of you in that cat woman costume! ;-)
Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

TGIF Y'ALL I hit a new low today!!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Bec
Old 10-19-2013, 04:23 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, I have told you before you remind me of our daughter. Every night of the week and on weekends she is driving kids to practice, games and birthday parties! I don't know how you keep up with things and work full time too! Hope the party goes well and you find good low carb stuff to eat! Speaking of cross country meets, my brother is the cross country coach for the high school. He is always so busy with coaching and getting ready for meets.

Bec, fantastic on the new low! How is the painting coming along. Ready to show us your work yet? Did your work week ever get better?

Getting ready to go do some grocery shopping. Just had some pork skins with cream cheese dip. I think I put a little too much onion juice in it but still delicious!

Cold this morning. 38 degrees. I'm sure we will have a fire in the stove later today. Tony, I bet it is nice and warm down in Nashville! Sounds like you and Sarah are having a great time.

DH is going to start some physical therapy next week. Hope this will get him back moving more!

Will check back later to see what Turtle, Marilee, Tony, and Mimsey are doing.

Last edited by Abigale; 10-19-2013 at 04:24 AM..
Old 10-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Abi, my work week got better I'm off for 7 days and hope to paint some this week. I hit another low this morning.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, bec!...awesome!...you are an inspiration...

Abs, I am betting the pt will help immensely...one key is to do the exercises at home in between pt sessions...my buddy's wife is a pt at Brattleboro hospital...Id love your cream cheese dip recipe...

My son got here safe and sound and we had hot chicken for dinner...SO GOOD!...I had had a piece of string cheese and some nuts all day prior to that...today Sarah will be sleeping after her night shift but hopefully will join ds and I at a backyard concert my buddy is playing tonight...should be fun...we may catch a movie this afternoon...

It is not warm here...nights in the 40's and today a cloudy day with a high of 60...

Ok, keep on keepin on kids!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I don't know where this recipe came from but my older sister started making this when we were just kids. I don't think you could even buy dip in the grocery stores.
We take a block of cream cheese, let it get to room temp. Mash it with a fork with a little milk until it is at a dip consistancy, shake in some worchestershire sauce, a little garlic salt, and then cut an onion in half and with a sharp knife scraped across the top of it to let the juice go into the dip. Here it is best to scrape a little and stir it in. I scraped both halves alot without tasting - hence it was very oniony tasting. But still good. I also did not mix any milk in it. I just scoop some out and put it in a little dish in the microwave for 10 seconds. It softens right up. This is also the recipe I used years ago to make like a chicken "log" when I used to bring it with crackers to work for birthdays. Just open a can of chicken, drain and add to the dip. Put it all some plastic wrap and shape it the way you want and refrigerate. Some people make it in the shape of a ball and roll it in chopped pecans or walnuts.

Last edited by Abigale; 10-19-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Old 10-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, abs, that sounds good!...but what is a can of chicken?
Old 10-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all.

Tony, you can get canned chicken by the canned tuna at the store.

I'll get caught up tomorrow. Can't sleep again...bummer!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:16 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Lol, Tony that made me laugh. I guess you were thinking like a whole chicken in a can? Marilee is right, you find it by the canned tuna.

Marilee, I slept for afew hours and then couldn't sleep. Started reading from a book I am reading and then tried again to fall asleep. Finally got a couple of more hours in thank goodness. Maybe you can squeeze a nap in later!

Bought some boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins and a jar of artichoke, spinach, cheese dip. Going to see if I can capture some of the flavor of the packaged chicken piccata I had last week. The ingredients in the dip are very natural. Olive oil, sunflower oil, cheese, artichokes and spinach. Two tablespoons only has 2 grams of carbs. I will let you all know later how it turned out.

Thrilled with all my teams winning yesterday, Alabama, the Red Sox, and Auburn.

Looking forward to my usual eggs and bacon breakfast this morning at the Backside. Will check back later to see how you all are doing. Hope to hear from FF soon!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know why, but for some reason, chicken in a can does not sound appetizing although I have no problem with tuna...weird, because I also get canned soup with chicken in it...so it's just my unfamiliarity with it...I am gonna pick some up this week and make abi's dip...they make something like that at the butcher shop, but they mix in buffalo wing sauce and call it buffalo chicken dip...I think they use bleu cheese rather than cream cheese, but I like the cream cheese and onion idea...I will try some with and without chicken...

Have fun at the backside!

My son leaves today and Sarah is working the next three days so I will miss the boy til I get home on weds and sarah once i leave here...this is the first time sarah has hinted at moving back to new england eventually...her roommate is a girl she graduated from college in nh with and she wants to move closer to home and both of them have been talking about maybe moving to portland, me....i never thought one of my kids living 90 minutes away would sound so good!...I was worried cuz Rachel has a bf here, but I'm very happy that we may be a year or so away from having sarah closer...I can't wait to tell dw, but will wait til I get home...I acted very matter-of-fact when the girls were telling me about their possible plans...

this has been a VERY productive trip! The next couple of days will be spent in the studio...

Had BBQ last night after some wings and spinach artichoke dip for lunch after the movie...we saw "prisoners" and it was one of the most intense movies ever!...omg, it was so good, but stressful...today is exercise day as well...

Totally forgot to weigh last week so I will do it on Thursday morning when I am home...I have lost track a bit, but if I am not below 228, I will impose another restriction...if I'm below that, all restrictions are lifted!

Have a great Sunday kids

Last edited by tony8; 10-20-2013 at 06:05 AM..
Old 10-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, where is everyone?

Today:
B: 1/2 Greek yogurt with strawberries
L: salad topped with grilled salmon
D: chicken marsala
Old 10-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, your menu from yesterday sounds so good! Boy, wouldn't it be wonderful if Sarah ended up moving back north! I bet she wants to be near that little niece/nephew. Do you know yet what Emmy is going to have?

Just had some sausage for breakfast and have a few dollops of egg salad and tuna salad left from the other day packed for lunch plus some pork skins. I cooked up the chicken to mix with the artichoke dip but have not eaten it yet.

The weekend flew by. Got a few windows washed and laundry caught up. Finished a book I was reading.Had breakfast at the backside with my sil and my nephew. The usual - lol. Already know I have a rush order to finish picking from the shelves and I will probably will be the one to pack it. So the day will fly by.

Have a great Monday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-21-2013 at 02:41 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Abi – I remember you saying that about your daughter. I can certainly sympathize. Your recipe sounds great too. It sounds similar to a recipe we use here adding chopped dried beef instead of chicken. YUM!
Bec – So exciting about your new lows!!
Tony – We were thinking about taking the kids to Nashville for the week after Christmas. We are still up in the air about it. I just made the buffalo chicken dip this weekend. Ingredients are cream cheese, shredded cheddar, hot sauce, ranch dip and canned chicken. It was very good!

Saturday’s cross country meet was preceeded by a dreary rainy morning. Needless to say Jacob (my 15 yo) was covered in mud when he finished the race. He FINISHED 14TH!! He qualified for regionals and will run again next Saturday even further away. DH will be home and we are taking the entire family this time. Saturday I just went by myself and left the two little ones at home with my 18 yo. I didn’t want them out in that mess.

I stayed on plan the entire weekend, but oddly enough didn’t lose much. I’m disappointed this time around because I do not seem to be dropping the pounds like I did last fall on LC. I know it is a marathon and not a race, it’s just frustrating running the race ALL THE TIME!

Yesterday the kids and I worked on one of the 4 trees that my husband cut down the last time he was home. I think we have all of the limbs cut away and hauled to the brush pile. Then we started stacking the smaller stuff on the wood pile and splitting the larger ones. I’m guessing this will take several more weekends, so I had everyone knock off after 2 hours and we all just hung out the rest of the day.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori, congrats to your son on his x- country finish!...I can't believe you and those trees...this has been going on all year!...haha!

Abs, em is having a baby girl...they went to their birthing class yesterday...I will just keep my fingers crossed on Sarah, although it is possible I would see her more often in Nashville than Portland...having her in New England would be so much better for so many reasons...

Alright so everyone knows about canned chicken but me?...now, what the heck is "chopped dried beef"?...I feel like I just came to this country! ;-)

Busy day at the studio today, and exercise before that, so not much time...staying on plan - wish it was this easy at home!

Have a great day kids...hey Marilee, where are you?...you know I start worrying when I don't hear much from you. :-)
Old 10-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Dried beef...you can buy in packets or jars and looks like a big beef pepperoni. Then you just use a knife and dice or chopper. It is great in those onion/garlic flavored cream cheese mixes.
Closed Thread