Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi grandpa!!!!!!! Congratulations on the birth of Emmy's baby girl! Abi si right, "I feel a song comin' on".

Pictures please!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hey Marilee! Merry Christmas to you! Hope Santa is very good to you!
Old 12-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Abi!

Merry Christmas to you, too!
Old 12-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
MERRY CHRISTMAS guys!...i will post some pics as soon as i figure out how to get them from my phone to the computer...

she's even cuter today!...just got back from a christmas eve party at the hospital...just my kids, dw and emmy's hubby and of course, amadora - yup, that's her name...she sleeps around the clock - they have to wake her to eat...em's nursing and the baby seems to have figured that whole thing out...haha...

they had lots of company today...i was there twice! :-)

what's everyone doing tonight and tomorrow?...

ff called me today to wish all us blitzers a merry christmas - he hopes to be at the library soon!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 12-25-2013, 02:06 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

I love the name Amadora - gift of love in Italian? I won't forget it as my last name is Amidon. lol

We are all so happy for you and your family Tony! What a great Christmas gift! Maybe someone can take some photos of Amadora with a regular camera and e-mail them to you so you can post them? We can't wait!!

Merry Christmas Blitzers! Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, abs...it took us a little while to get used to the name, but we like it now, especially since it is attached to her...omg, she's getting cuter every day!...she was just sitting in her little seat on our dining room table...emmy got out of the hospital a short time ago...

making a prime rib roast at some point today, but god only knows when...emmy and sal are going to his grandparents to eat and my in-laws may or may not come up, so we are trying to time things with no information...no big deal though - we are just chilling and enjoying being with the kids...

here are a couple of photos, but i don't know how to make them bigger...sorry!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Em looking at Ama 12-24-13.jpg (5.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Em and Sal with Ama 12-24-13.jpg (7.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by tony8; 12-25-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Old 12-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

How sweet are those photos Tony. Emmy is just loving that little girl, and is that Sal or one of your sons? Isn't it just fascinating to just look at that little nose, fingers and toes?

I can imagine the young family will try to be in two places at once for awhile. Everyone wants to share the baby!

I just got sent a picture of grandkids Abigale and Hayden finally playing pingpong on the table it took Jen and Walt 3 hours to put together. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ping pong table.JPG (29.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, your grandkids are so cute and that looks like fun!...

the new little family is sleeping upstairs right now - so nice to have them here...we had a nice day - in-laws coming up in the morning to see the baby...

yes, abs, that is sal (daddy) in the photo with em...

anyone else looking forward to getting on track in january???...haha!...these holidays are impossible!
Old 12-26-2013, 03:00 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, these holidays are definitely impossible Tony. I have been holding my own by the skin of my teeth but if I don't get a grip immediately it will be a disaster.

We have a way too big ham in the fridge, some ground beef, some frozen pot roast meals and cheese so I have no excuse not to eat vlc. for days to come. Now if I will, that is another story.

We will all meet with my brother from Georgia today at the Marina for lunch. I always order the ceasar salad sometimes with grilled chicken so that is pretty low carb. Watched some of a utube video by Dr. Volek filmed Dec. 2013 that someone on lcf recommended. Trying to get some inspiriation going!

Can't wait for more pictures and updates on Amadora Tony!

Will check back later to see how everyone is doing!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amadora is amadorable!!!!! So cute! I love it when you all share pictures.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. It's a special time of year, but I'm looking forward to getting on track soon! I know I've put on weight and I'm not happy about it. Someone just came in with another plate full of home made cookies. Argh!

Best get to work. I'll check in later.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I'M BAAAAACK I know, you all are going to fall off your chairs.

I am getting the LC mojo back. I joined a Low Carb High Fat group on FB a couple of days ago. I tried a BPC (Bullet Proof Coffee) this morning and man, what have I been missing. Bullet Proof Executive has the original recipe, hence, he is selling his premium coffee and MCT oil. But, I made mine with 1 cup plain old coffee, Nutiva coconut oil and no salt local-grocery-store-brand butter. The recipe is 1 TBSP of coconut oil or MCT oil and 1 TBSP no-salt grass fed, organic butter, and blend (I used my stick blender) in 1 cup of coffee. Man, oh man a Starbucks wanna-be latte', yummy. Well, actually I have never had a Starbucks latte', only been there maybe twice in my life and had a regular coffee because there were too many choices.

I have briefly scanned the previous couple pages of posts but see that Tony is now a grandpa, congrats to you.

Marilee, I wish you could have been here for Christmas.

Abi and Loras, hi to you. Any others who have posted I say Hi to you too.

How is ff doing?

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
Old 12-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Vicki!!!!!! Welcome back!

I wish I could have been there, too. I bet you had fun.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
Hi y'all!

I'm back too! Merry Christmas everyone. A d congratulations tony! That's so exiting. You can see the pure love and thrill in your kids too. Sucha special time for you and your family. I wish you guys and am amadora the best of everything!

Vicki, that's so funny, I just read about that kind of coffee. Have to try it...

So I was sick and sort of out of it last week and not sick but definitely out of LC eating. This week...

I'm committing to this group to definitely posting everything I eat tomorrow.
Have a great night.
Love ,
Old 12-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, i just lost a loooong post

great to see everyone!

vicki!!!!!!!!!!!!!...we missed you - great to have you and your mojo back! :-)

abs, how was the marina - i LOVE that place...supposed to meet my buddy from brattleboro for dinner on saturday night - it's his birthday...not sure where we will end up...

marilee, great to see you - how was your christmas?...

mama, sorry you weren't feeling well...we are all gonna get going now or after the new year!

emmy, sal and amadora just left - they had been here since a few days before she was born...they have a pediatrician appt and he has to work closer to his mom's house so they are headed back there...we've been spoiled and i already miss my granddaughter!

have a mediation in the morning and hope i fit into my dress clothes!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:00 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki!!! so happy you are back. We have really missed you! That high fat low carb group on fb sounds good! Keep us informed. I also love bullet proof coffee but don't make it much because I don't want the noise of the stick blender to wake DH up. So I generally just put a dollop of coconut oil in the coffee and just let it float on top. lol But I agree, blending it up with the unsalted butter is so creamy and filling.

Mama, so sorry you have not felt well. That must be so hard with 3 little ones to look after. They take all the energy at that age you can muster.

Tony, the marina was wonderful. They sat us upstairs where we had not been before. The snow was falling outside over the water and it was beautiful. I think we will meet for dinner one night before Alan and Sue fly back to Georgia. We are talking about going to the Whetstone station which is right by the bridge before you go over to New Hampshire. I can imagine you are really missing Emmy, Sal and Amadora already. It does not get any easier as time goes by either. But at least they are living in the same area as your family. You are only a short drive away.

Marilee, the candle co. gave us all some candle seconds at our party. I gave them out yesterday at our family lunch. They were all Mulling Spice and smelled so good. Everyone was happy.

I have an eye app. in Keene today and then window shopping and lunch in Brattleboro with my 2 sister in laws. Should be fun.

Have a great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 12-27-2013 at 03:02 AM..
Old 12-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Couldn't you just melt the butter and coconut oil and then stir it in the coffee?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #407
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
well, i made it!

i also found my sock-aid. it was under my bed along with the remains of Jimmy Hoffa.Everything gets sucked under my bed. Well, 4 more days to 2014 and the beginning of BLITZ XVI. I will ask someone to get it started for me. Just a short review of how and why I began these blitzes. The day was 4/1/2010. On the way to work, I said:THIS S%&T STOPS NOW! I went to the coffee truck parked by the hospital where I worked, and miraculously bought the coffee only, and not the monster sized pastries I always got with it. Then, I went upstairs to my work station and begain BLITZ I. I have an eaing disorder. Have I been perfect these last few years? Of course not! But if I did not become mindful of developing good eating behaviors, I would not be here today. That is THE REASON I began these blitzes. The added benefit is that we have become a family. So, let me wish everyone a very happy, healthy, and profitable new year. I intend to begin accupuncture when 2014 begins, in the hope that it will bring me relief from pain, to a certain degree. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 12-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #408
Blabbermouth!!!

Marilee, you could melt it and stir but it doesn't stir in very well and there would be a layer of oil on the top. Which would be good for a lip moisturizer LOL. Blending with either a stick blender, regular blender, Magic Bullet or frother works better, so I am told.

Since we still have goodies around and stuffing, I am waiting to get that stuff cleared out then on to the LC woe. We have one more Christmas meal which is ham, mashed taters, green bean casserole coming up on Sunday for hubbies side of the family. We were to have it last Sunday but got a bit of snow on top of ice and made driving a bit treacherous, so we postponed.

To tell you the truth, I had a come-to-Jesus moment when looking at my son and DIL's wedding pics from NOv. 30 and I do NOT like how I looked; can you say fat cow! I have to do something that is for sure.

It's beautiful here today, the sun is out and it's 45 out.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, have a great evening tonight for your friends birthday. I bet you go over to Keene to the Italian place. We have decided when we go out to dinner again before brother and sil go back to Georgia we will not go to the Whetstone. I guess they don't have that good a set up for large parties so it will probably will be back to the marina and we will try to get the upstairs table like we did for lunch the other day.

Had a good workout window shopping with 2 sil and one sister yesterday. Saw alot of pretty things but resisted buying anything. I don't need any more stuff! lol

FF, I was thrilled to see you had posted yesterday. I hope the acupuncture works for you. I have suggested this to DH but he is not interested in it. Nothing else is helping him so far. Happy New Year to you and please buy yourself a laptop! Your friends miss your daily wisdom and wit!

Marilee, I agree with Vicki on blending the bullet proof coffee. You would be amazed at how creamy and good it tastes. It turns the color of the coffee into a mocha milk shake look and has that smoothie texture.

will check back later!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey ff, happy you found the sock-aid - i had amazon.dotcom on high-alert! :-) thanks for starting these blitzes - i don't know where i'd be without them and all of you, but it would not be a good place!...after new year's i am recommitting to my plan...i have not been to the gym this week - i rested my back and it seems like it is healed now - no pain, so i will get back to the gym today or tomorrow and avoid that one machine and see how it goes...i feel so much better when i'm working out!

abs, i am really surprised the pt has not helped your hubby - i was sure he would see a marked improvement...they definitely hurt you, but it helps you feel better...wonder if he got a dud of a pt?...

hey vicki, you're not a cow - you're just a thin person currently trapped in a bigger body than you want to be trapped in...i feel the same way and i'm gonna change it...this is the best time of year to lose weight - january til summer...no eating holidays, not too much fun - a great time to focus on eating and exercise!...

hi marilee!...i'm still waiting to hear about your holidays...any new year's plans?...i don't have any yet cuz i have to wait and see if the kids want to do something...

i do miss amadora and her parents...i realize that when i'm not in nashville, i will need to see her a couple of times a week at the very least :-) even if it's just for a half-hour...in fact, i will drive 90 minutes for 5 minutes with her...seriously!

looking like a relaxing weekend...dw and ds are off til thursday so that is nice!
Old 12-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #411
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks all for the welcome back. I like your comment about not being a fat cow Tony; a thin person trapped inside a bigger body.

I am so sick of overeating and all of the crap that has been around that I went grocery shopping and stocked up on veggies and other low carb stuff.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Oh my goodness, you guys are still here and going strong....That is so awesome!!! I've been lurking around a few days getting caught up......I didn't realize just how long I've been gone until I looked at the last time I checked in....wow did I fall off the face of the earth! I didn't mean too.....life just got really hectic and complicated for a while and I guess I crawled under a rock to hide.

I missed you guys though.....I really did, I thought of you all A LOT and wondered how everyone was doing, but I felt so bad about disappearing the way I did that I just stayed away for the longest time......I started grinning like an idiot when I found you were all still here hanging in there......I'm so impressed!!!

It's time for me to crawl out of my cave, get back on the wagon and focus on my weight and my health again....of course I freaking gained back a lot of the weight I'd lost!

If you don't mind the prodigal returning I'd like to hang out and see if I can get back in the swing of things.....

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 12-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Lady boss! I wondered what happened to you. I see you are in California now. I love San Pedro!

Tony, I was alone at Christmas and will be alone at New Year's - I have no big plans. To be perfectly candid, this has been a crappy year and I'm anxious for it to end.

I've cut back on my bad eating, but am still in holiday mode. Starting tomorrow or is it now today? Sunday, I'm giving my innards a rest and drinking protein shakes all day - nothing that needs to be digested with any difficulty. I just feel like my body needs a break from the hard stuff.

As you can see, I'm still up - can't sleep again.

Talk to ya all later!

Marilee
Old 12-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladyboss7! It's like a member of the family has returned! How have you been? Weren't you having to manage several businesses last you were here? Welcome back! We missed you!

Marilee, drinking shakes all day sounds like a good way to break the carby eating. Hope it went well for you and gives you the good start that you want. Sorry you had another sleepless night. Knock on wood I have not had one lately. Usually I have one about once a week. I feel for you.

I can't believe this past week went so fast. It will be hard to get back at it tomorrow. I am glad we will have New Years Day off. That will help ease the pain. lol

Tony, where did you end up going last night for dinner? Was I right? The Italian restaurant in Keene?

I will check back later after church and breakfast at the Backside. Have a good one Blitzers!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #415
Blabbermouth!!!

Ladyboss, we wondered what happened to you after we had lunch in Phoenix. So glad to see you back. I took a hiatus too unfortunately and have gained quite a bit of weight.

Like Marilee, I am done with the over excess of food. Of course, it helps that the cookies and sweets are gone. We will be having ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls and pie for our Christmas dinner this afternoon.

We went from a balmy 55 yesterday, rare for this time of year, to 2 this morning and a wind chill below zero. Yesterday hubby and I walked for about 20 minutes outside, it sure was nice. One thing I have noticed with gaining back this weight, I sure can't move like I used to and the joints are pretty stiff and sore when I do.

I have resolved to start posting my menu and exercise on a daily basis along with weighing on a weekly basis. I weighed myself in the last week and eGAD, it was 265.

So far today I have had a pumpkin protein shake and a BPC.

Off to church and then home to begin the Christmas meal preparation.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

I also exercised this morning to two 15 minute T-Tapp DVDs
Old 12-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey lady!!!!!...welcome back!!!...it has been waaaaaaaay too long!...please don't ever feel like you have to tiptoe around here - we don't judge or get disappointed in each other...it's just not the way we roll :-)

marilee, have you read any good books lately?...i do enjoy time alone and rarely get any, so i'm a little jealous! :-)

vicki, i am very proud of you for starting to exercise - try to take it slow so you don't injure yourself...some movement is better than no movement!

abs, my buddy canceled last night - he had a catering the night before and was wiped out, so we are gonna do it another time...we hung out with our oldest son who popped in and spent the night...we thought we might have a date night as the youngest son was hanging out with a friend, but nope...haha!...we never know who is coming and going around here and we hate to go out when they pop in to spend time with us...

i think in all the years the five of them were growing up we went out a total of 10-12 times - now we just look at each other, shake our heads and smile...i guess if we had any more time alone, we'd probably have ten kids! :-)

had a better eating day yesterday and plan a good one today as well...lots of water and salad and maybe some grilled chicken for dinner...

i may have to run to see my grandbaby today, even if for a few minutes...i miss her...emmy said they will probably come tomorrow and hopefully stay and one of her roommates from college will be staying here on monday...she just told us last night and we have no idea if it's for one night or several...we don't care but it would be nice to know what our options are for new year's eve...this is a crazy life we are living!...we may have a house full on new year's or it may just be dw, ds and me...haha!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Oh my goodness you guys are the very best and I am soooooo happy to be back!!!

Marilee, yes I am in Southern CA now......we absolutely love it here, it's stunningly beautiful and you can't beat the weather! I'm sorry you had such a crappy year.....that's how 2012 was for us.....2013 was much better and I'm really looking forward to 2014!

Hi Abi, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, last I was here I was managing apartment communities.....I still am. I love it, but it is very high stress.....trust me I learn far more about peoples personal lives and how they live than anyone should ever know!!

Viki, I have thought fondly about our lunch in Phoenix many times.....in fact you and Marilee are a large part of why I came back looking for everyone!! We both get to "undo" the damage we did in our absence......so let just do it....together!!

Tony my friend, I am so glad to see you're still here! Congrats on your Grandbaby, that is so wonderful, you are blessed!! We have learned that as much as we loved our baby's as children, we REALLY love them as adults.....it is just so wonderful to have grown up relationships with them...and yes when they come over to see us all other plans go on the back burner so we can be with them.....family first, right???

Ok gang, I have A LOT to accomplish in 2014....my hubby and I celebrate our 27th anniversary on Valentines day, our baby girl is getting married in April, and my son has just returned home from military service......so it's a busy time for me.......I need to get my butt and my focus in gear NOW so I don't waste yet another year! I know I can not lose all of this weight before the wedding, darn it I can make a dent!!

I saw the other pictures, so I thought I'd share a couple. My son is home now, he's staying with us until he gets settled back into "civilian" life and that gorgeous little redhead is my daughter who's getting married in April. She is a mirror twin of what I USED to look like! You know, I never think of myself as short until I stand next to them......what the heck?!

Ok kids,I'm off to the store.....I need eggs, meat, all sorts of stuff.....I'll check in later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kiddos.jpg (25.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg family II.jpg (44.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

OH my gosh Tammy, you and your daughter really look alike! Beautiful ladies, handsome husband and son! She will make a lovely bride. We will expect pictures of course!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey tammy, what a beautiful family!...you and your daughter still look alike!...

i decided to weigh in today to see how much worse off i am than a few weeks ago and i weighed in at 230.8 which is .8 lbs. lower than last time i weighed...i was a bit shocked as i was guessing i was up in the mid-upper 230s...i feel fat and the weight loss may be muscle loss since i haven't worked out in over a week...

well, i missed my granddaughter so much that dw and i drove over to see her...she is just too cute...we brought the kids some goodies and hot chocolate and stayed less that an hour, although em wanted us to stay longer...the baby really responds to my voice - she looks right in my eyes and acts like she's listening intently to what i am saying, which of course are all superlatives about her! :-)

here is a photo i took this afternoon...she won't be this small for too long as she is drinking mother's milk at a pretty good clip!...dw is holding her
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sue holding Ama 12-29-13.jpg (27.0 KB, 6 views)
Closed Thread