Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
i love wood fires!...we used to have a woodstove in the basement before i put in an oil furnace and forced hot water heat...i keep talking about adding a fireplace or woodstove, more for the ambience than anything...we have a vermont castings gas stove that has logs and it looks like a real wood fire - almost...even has ceramic embers that glow red when heated up and stove pipe coming up and into the wall...it is nice on a cozy snowy night...but it's not wood and doesn't have that nice crackle and smell...

did you go to the backside today?

spent most of the day moving snow and helping neighbors move snow with my plow...i was the good samaritan plowing folks out for free... :-) made a lot of people happy...

tomorrow will be gym day...i hurt my lower back on one of the stupid ab machines that i hate - won't use that one again - they added that machine recently because it was supposed to be better, but it's NOT!...feels like my sciatic nerve but that left hip is starting to go, so i think it's a combo thing...i am not gonna let it slow me down and if it starts crippling me, i will have surgery to fix it!...

went in the hot tub in the snow storm last night for the first time...it was very very nice!

how's everyone else doing?...the abi and tony show is on day 3...haha!...help us out kids!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 12-15-2013 at 02:13 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
Hey guys,
It's just always busy and crazy on weekends. But we had a fun one overall. All three girls have colds...boo. Trying to get everyone healthy for Christmas.
I need to start posting everything I eat in the day on here again! My pride will keep me inline better than I've been on my own. I've managed to avoid breads, cookies, and all that hard stuff. but I'm still overdoing it and "natural" sugars like dried fruit and consequently, not losing weight or feeling much better.
Hope you guys had a great weekend. A hot tub after the snowstorm sounds awesome!
Also, tony I missed something. Is it your wife or your daughter that's counting down? How exciting!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:38 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Mama, posting what we eat is a really good incentive to keep on the right track. I am sadly lacking doing this though.

Tony, I never left the house yesterday after shoveling a path from the back door to the front door. lol I went to church Sat. at 4 here in Hinsdale. Missed my weekly chat with brother and sil at the backside but sil sent me a long e-mail and told me about her week.

So sorry about the hip problem. Hope it is just a temporary pain. Soaking in the hot tub should be good for it! How neat to do that with snow all around!

My brother from Georgia, sil and one my nephews will be flying in the 23rd. I am getting the gang on board for lunch at the Marina on the 26th. Can't wait!

Well, going to take that leftover ground beef in the frig that does not look very appetizing and add cream cheese and rotel tomatoes to it. I read a long thread one time on lcf that talked about this mixture being delicious.

Miss everyone! FF, pleeeeease get a computer soon!!

Have a great Monday Blitzers!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mama, it's my daughter who will be giving us our first grandchild - a girl...we can't wait...aside from a mediation or two and some minor work at the building, i will be keeping a light schedule until after new year's...i say that, but let's see if i actually do it!...haha...i really need to not make commitments cuz emmy can go into labor at any moment and we are gonna be there with her...

abs, sounds like you had a relaxing day...was hubby able to snowblow the driveway?...how is he doing?...how is your bil?

gotta hit the gym this morning, then gonna hit babiesrus to get some furniture so the kids/baby will be comfortable when they stay here...

hope everyone has a great monday...
Old 12-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
Thanks for the encouragement, abi.
Congrats tony! A first grandchild must be SO exciting!

So...so far fro today I've had:
Breakfast smoothie of dairy, chocolate powder, couple drops stevia, decaf coffee, tsp chia seeds, scoop peanut butter, couple slices cantaloupe
Lunch , chicken and string beans sautéed in some butter, chocoate bark!

Can't make it through a meal without chocolate... But since it's coconut oil and just one tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder, I don't feel guilty about it. I think it's 1 net carb.

I'm making stew for dinner. Will serve mine sans potatoes. Just veggies and beef. My toddler daughter doesn't like potatoes...I wish!

Enjoy the rest of your day all!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

actually, if you don't overdo them and don't fry them, potatoes have a lot of vitamins and minerals and are a healthy food choice, especially with the skins!

that beef stew sounds yummy, mama :-)
Old 12-17-2013, 02:28 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, DH was able to snow blow the drive. He really worked hard and of course paid for it but I think the more he can force himself to do that sciatic nerve that is embedded in his muscles may loosen up and the pain will be lessened. This is the last week of his therapy. I will pm you about my bil.

Mama, that stew sounds delicious and your little chocolate fix sounds like a life saver. Do you have to put any sweetener in it to make it palatable?

Hope you all have a great day! Afew more inches of snow today about the time I have to drive home from work. The roads are very clear right now so the drive may be fine.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey everyone. Popping in again. I'm having a difficult time staying on plan and it is creating a lot of stress, which in my case, leads to overeating.

Mama, I don't dare post what I eat right now. I'd be kicked out of the group

So many goodies here at the office and they are out 24/7. It's impossible to say no everyday. And, more keep coming.

We are not having a Christmas party/luncheon this year due to the layoffs we recently had.

Tony, I bet you are so excited about the baby coming any day now! Such fun! I just hope she isn't born on Christmas day. Her birthday needs to be special just for her.

Abi, my Welcom Home candle is burning away at my desk and everyone has commented on how good it smells. I think of you every time I light it.

Better get back to work.

Marilee
Old 12-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, i am having a similar problem with my sciatic nerve right now...if i sit in a chair, i am bent over when i stand up until it works itself out...i forced myself to go to the gym on monday and will again tomorrow and i felt better after working out...the more i move the better i feel, although some movements cripple me temporarily...

marilee!!!!!...so good to see you and you should know by now that no one can get kicked out of this group! :-) this is a difficult time of year...just do your best and don't be too hard on yourself...we are all getting serious after new years!

where's the rest of the gang?
Old 12-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, I am so glad you are still enjoying your candle and that is so sweet to think of me when you burn it. Think of that lovely scent as a hug coming from me to you!

I think like Tony has said that we need to just get through the holidays without gaining if we can and don't worry about trying to lose. If we can be as strict and low carb as possible in the situations we are in control of then when we can't resist the temptations maybe it will keep our weight steady instead of going up.

Tony, it is great that you keep moving even though your sciatic nerve is giving you pain. Have you looked up any specific exercises that are supposed to help it?

My ground beef, cream cheese and rotel tomato concoction tasted very good and it smells very good too. I will make it again!

Leftover pot roast for lunch today.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Good Morning everyone. I will try to get caught up later. Had a few bad eating days last week. Then was down with bronchitis from about Thursday on. Thankfully the DH was here over the weekend to help with the kiddos, but just returned to work today. Still have a lot of chest soreness, coughing, and general weakness.

Up side is I have not appetite! LOL! just kidding, I am sure that is contributing to the weakness.

Trying to take in lots of liquids and have been back on track with LC since Sunday. So... 3 days cheat free!

Will catch up on personals later!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 12-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, I've made that hamburger, cream cheese and Rotel concoction before and I love it. I am a huge fan of Rotel.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #373
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY FESTIVUS!!!

gotta talk fast. library will be doing a programming program and the computers will be unavailable. I will do all I can to get back before the year and current Blitz ends. I had a leak in my bedroom ceiling, on Sun a.m. beginning 12:50am. I had to wake up the super. He , the landlord and the roofer came Mon to inspect. Because of the bad weather expected on Tues (yesterday), they could not fix it immediately. What the roofer WAS able to do was give me an advance copy of his soon to be publised book: All About EAVES!!! I will be doing everything in my power to stay as close to good eating habits as possible. I feel myself at very high stress levels. I have a pail handy, just in case. We are getting 2 rain days on Sun & Mon. I hope the problem will be resolved within the next 4 dry days. All my love to our Blitzers. Talk to y'all before the year ends...with BOTH socks on, thanks to Tony. Love & Profits:FLATFERENGHI
Old 12-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey ff, happy festivus back at ya!...great to see you bud...i'm very happy your feet are clothed!...miss u around here!...

lori, sorry you've been feeling poorly...i bet you'll be good as new by christmas :-) congrats on three days on plan!

hey marilee! ;-) do you have your christmas tree up yet?

abs, what seems to help my back the most are ab crunches...i lie on the floor and lift my head toward the ceiling and my knees toward my chest...i don't actually sit up, but it works the abs and i think it helps release the nerve from the muscle...and i move better for the rest of the day

i thought the transmission went on my truck today - but my son looked at it tonight and it might be something simpler like a sensor...keeping my fingers crossed!...

did a lot of physical work today so i skipped the gym...will hit the gym tomorrow...emmy and sal are coming for dinner after her doc appt - it will be her due date, but no sign of baby yet...
Old 12-19-2013, 03:00 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, you just crack me up. We miss your wit so much. So sorry about the leak. I take it you are on the top floor of your apartment building?

Lori, sorry you have been sick but nice you can look at the bright side of losing your appetite for a couple of days. lol Get well quick!

Marilee, yesterday I was out of ground beef so just took cream cheese with a dollop of rotel on top and ate it with pork rinds. You can't beat rotel!

Tony, those crunches sound like the best thing for that sciatic nerve. Years ago I had a short stint when I first started at the corrugated plant before I got promoted to the office of working the corrugated recyling area. I had to push bales of corrugated down a conveyor. It pinched some nerve and my arms and hands would go to sleep at night. It was a horrible feeling. I would do a similar exercise only I would get on my knees and try to touch my nose to them. Instantly the circulation would come back into my hands with that spine stretch.

We totally caught up in shipping yesterday. What a great feeling.

Bringing leftover pot roast today. Have a great Thursday Blitzers!
Old 12-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, how much of that pot roast is left?...haha!...it's funny how stretching and moving both causes pain and relieves it!...i brought my former physical therapists an edible arrangement and visited with them this week...i had not seen them since july and they said i looked great and asked if i lost weight???...i am 13 lbs. heavier than i was a year ago when i had surgery!...i thiunk they need an optometrist!

busy day today and i have done VERY LITTLE shopping yet...there's no way that i am going out this weekend when everyone else will be out there...gonna try to do some tomorrow after the gym - and maybe monday...no gym today as planned as i had to deal with another car issue this morning...

all my kids (except sarah) and my son-in-law are here for dinner so i picked up a bunch of ribeyes...

today:
b: hb egg white
l: skipped
d: ribeyes with steamed broccoli
Old 12-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, it has been so long since I have had a good ribeye I can't remember when. You will see that pot roast for awhile. It was bigger than I wanted and DH will only eat it for 2 nights. He mainly likes the carrots and potatoes. I will end up freezing some I'm sure. So prepare to see pot roast alot in the days to come. lol

Tony, I am sure that you have replaced fat with muscle and that is why the therapists says you have lost weight. Losing fat is good. Gaining muscle is good!

We spent time cleaning and setting up for our luncheon today in the shipping area. We eat at noon and can leave by 2. We will have a santa swap which will be hysterical. One of the main bosses will act as master of ceremonies and he is really entertaining.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

So glad to see that everyone is doing well. I do not have a plan for food today, but have been still on plan this week. So, 5 days cheat free now.

Looking forward to the weekend. I am spending time with friends tonight, wrapping christmas gifts tomorrow. church sunday, work monday, and picking up a new member of the family on Tuesday.

Pic:

puppy.jpg
Old 12-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cute dog, lori...congrats...looks strong, maybe you can have him hauling tree limbs by spring!...haha!...also, congrats on 5 days...as marilee would say, "woo hoo!" :-)

abs, okay, i am prepared for the pot roast marathon...did you have some today?...don't be shy now...lol...hope your santa swap went well!...i wish you lived closer - i sent all the kids away with steak and still have a lot here!

just a quick check in before other stuff - i did hit the gym this morning and had a good workout...i could barely straighten up when i got there, but am feeling much better after exercising...it really does lift my spirits and forge my will when i work out...

will have an hb egg white soon as my first food intake of the day...

have a great day kids...let's try to behave before the holiday!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh Lori, that is the cutest puppy! Do the kids know they are getting a dog for Christmas or will it be a surprise?

Tony, no pot roast yesterday but I am sure I will have some today! lol

We are getting a thaw here today. Highs will be in the 40's today and the 50's tomorrow. The snow is melting off the roof right now. The bad thing will be Monday when the temps drop all day to freezing at night. All this melted snow will turn our drive way etc. into a skating rink and that will last all winter. All the salt in the world won't get rid of it.

They told us at our Christmas luncheon yesterday that they were giving us two extra days off next year as our bonus.

Have a great day Blitzers! I will check back later in the day and see what you all are up to.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

haha abi, i bet you thought it was just gonna be the abi show today! :-)

emmy and her hubby went to the hospital at 4:30 a.m. this morning but got sent home a few hours later as she is not having strong enough contractions yet...they came here and are staying tonight and maybe til she has the baby...we are loving having them around! :-) my granddaughter is dragging her feet!

i ran out to do some shopping...i bought a couple of big gifts for the kids to share - a new "xbox one" and an old town canoe...

eating on plan and am hoping to have this motivation through the holidays so i don't enter january heavier than i entered december...i think i can do it!

how is everyone else doing?
Old 12-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, this is so exciting! We can't wait to hear the good news!

Looking forward to getting together with my brother and sil this morning at the backside for breakfast. That snow storm last weekend messed our weekly get together up. My brother from Georgia, his wife and one son will be flying up tomorrow. Can't wait to see them. We are planning a lunch at the Marina for Thursday the 26th.

Will check back later to see what everyone is doing today and if Tony has any news for us.

Cute poster today on facebook.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dog cat blessing.jpg (16.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, so was it crepes this morning?

emmy and sal went back to the hospital at 3:30 a.m. as her contractions were pretty strong and close together...we waited for them to call us after the docs examined her before we would join them...well, we are still home, her contractions have lessened and they may be discharging her within the hour...

today is my oldest son's 29th birthday, so it would be pretty ironic if emmy and sal became parents for the first time on the same date that we did!...we normally all go out to dinner on birthdays but tonight may be take-out...or a hospital cafeteria!

how is everyone else doing?

Last edited by tony8; 12-22-2013 at 11:57 AM..
Old 12-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another one of those lcf episodes where they knock me off the site in the middle of a post. Don't know why that happens and then when I try to get back on it won't let me right away.

Anyway, as I was saying, Tony, that would be really something if your grandaughter arrives the same day as your son did. We had something close to that happen. My older sister arrived on Oct. 8th and our daughter arrived on Oct. 9th. Poor Emmy must be wondering what is taking this little girl so long to arrive! My niece actually walked to the hospital when her contractions started and they sent her back home. FF, she live in Brooklyn at the time.

Well, need to get my lunch made. More pot roast. lol!

Have a great Monday Blitzers!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the "cute dog" comments! Weather has had us inside and I think everyone has cabin fever. The kiddos do not know about the puppy yet. The puppies will not be ready to go home until tomorrow. My DH and I are debating on taking the kids to the puppy or bringing the puppy home to the kids for a few hours. We are not officially picking him up until the 29th or 30th when we get back from Tennessee. But we want the kids to meet him and find out about him.

I told my husband I struggled with telling them at all. I hate to let them meet him and then disappoint them by saying, BUT he can't stay until after we get back from TN. Hopefully they are all able to understand that the 8 hour one way trip to TN twice in 5 days would be horrible for a 6 week old pup.

He is going to be HUGE by the way. His dad is an English Mastiff and his mom is a Landseer.

My DH and I are very excited and I'm certain the kiddos will just have a fit!

Abi, pot roast sounds so good right now. I had a horrible carbfest yesterday at Christmas with the inlaws and I am paying for it today.

Tony, I'm excited to find out if you are a granpa yet!

I have landed on a program that I want to do for the next couple of months and see if I can get back some of the progress I had the end of last year, beginning of this year.

I am going to do very low carb/high fat intermittent fasting. I actually started the fast last week, hoping to mitigate some of the eating I know is coming up in my future. I have inlaws yesterday, inlaws again tomorrow, and travelling Wed-Sun. Today is a down day, which is good because I am up 5 pounds from yesterday morning's weight due to the carbs yesterday. I am so sensitive to carbs. I have to learn to give them up!

Also, I got DH to agree to start back running "with" me on Jan 2. With all of his travelling he will obviously not be able to run with me all the time, but we are going to stay on the same schedule so it will be like we are running together. Also, we can celebrate and commiserate with each other.

I'm not sure how much I will be around the rest of the week with Christmas Eve Pageants, Santa, Puppies, and travelling, but I will try to check in.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, how exciting! Your grandaughter is on her way!

Lori, your puppy is so cute! He is going to be big. The kids will love him. If it were me, I'd wait until after TN so they can enjoy their trip and visit and then have a bonus surprise at the end. I admire you for doing any kind of "fasting" this time of year.

Abi, there is no such thing as too much pot roast. Have things slowed down at work any?

Well, trying to not gain anymore than I already ahve. So many goodies here at the office, but I'm trying my best not to eat too much of it. I got hit with a project Friday afternoon. One of our clients wants to advertise on radio for their weight loss program and they want the spots to run the first full week in January. Gee? Couldn't you have thought of this the first of the month? Needless-to-say, I'm working my tail off to make it happen.

Better get to it - talk to you all later!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee - Thanks for the input on the puppy. That was my take on the situation too. DH is just so excited I don't think he will be able to wait. I suppose we will see how it plays out!

Mmmm! Pot Roast!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, do we have baby yet?
Old 12-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, guys, i'm officially a grandpa! :-) emmy and her hubby went to the hospital again this morning around 8:30 and she had the baby at 8:09 tonight...they gave her an epidural and she felt no pain after that all the way through the delivery...her and my granddaughter are doing great...i just got home a few minutes ago...my three boys and one of their girlfriends was there with dw and i...sarah was keeping tabs via texting...very sweet baby and very cute too! 19-inches and 6 lbs. 8 oz.

we all held her and she is so tiny...i love her so much already! :-) thanks to all of you for asking about her...

gotta get some sleep - big couple of days ahead...we will have a christmas eve dinner/party at the hospital tomorrow - emmy gets out on christmas day...not sure if they'll stay with us or at his mom's house...not sure how much family will be coming around...

see y'all tomorrow and.....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!
Old 12-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Tony! Congratulations! We are all so happy for you all and thankful for a safe delivery. I know how much you love that little girl already! You don't think it is possible to love anyone more than your own children but those grandbabies just melt your heart. I think you will be inspired to write a wonderful song in the future. Now we need pictures and do we know the name yet? Can't remember if you told us yet?

baby girl!
Closed Thread