Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Marilee - Thanks so much! It wouldn't be the same without sharing it with my virtual friends.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Happy Birthday to a wonderful mother! Lori, we hope you have had a terrific day. Your family is beautiful! Thanks so much for posting your family photo!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Made it through my first day on the new job! I am being trained as a clinical research coordinator which basically means learning the ins and outs of the different phases of clinical trials. I think I want to pursue clinical trials long term so I am hoping that this is the opportunity I have been looking for. I am living in the Memphis area which is great for me because it means being only 1.5 hrs away from family now!

I am feeling such anxiety about my weight gain that I feel compelled to do something really restricted to drop a quick 10 lbs. I would ordinarily turn to ultra low carb for this because it is the most effective. However, every time I do, it completely shuts down my digestive system. With my dysautonomia, my system is just too sensitive to that...but it also doesn't like a lot of starches especially anything with gluten and/or sugar so I would think low carb would be better. So what is a girl to do?!?! For now, I am going to try the resistant starch theory and modify that approach a bit until I find what works. And of course, getting back to my regular workouts.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
Today

So I felt more motivated to stick to better eating today just knowing that I was "reporting" to you all tonight. This is a good thing for me. I'm still having trouble having meals as opposed to grazing. Sitting down for more than three seconds at a time is not happening lately, but I'll work on it.

Today's food:
B: (which actually spanned about two hours) muffing made with egg, a little coconut flour and pineapple, plain yogurt with 1/2 cup strawberries, chia seeds, and stevia, chocolate bark (coconut oil, chocolate powder, stevia), apple and peanut butter, green tea

L: chicken with mixed Veggies, sugar-free pumpkin soufflé, chocolate bark, coffee, black with stevia (eaten all at once!)

D: beef with peppers and onions, salad, chocoate bark
Dessert: peanut butter, yup, just peanut butter, on a spoon...

I'm reading this book about having the majority of carbs in the am, so I, trying that. More fruit, high carb stuff at breakfast, and less throughout the day.

Dfinitely not the most LC I've ever been, but this time on considering reduction and accomplishment and plan on getting better. I'd been eating crazy amounts of fruit throughout the day,e specially dates which are loaded with sugar. Didn't have any today, so yay!

Hope everyone else had a great day. Good night!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Happy birthday Lori!!!!!!!!!....and what a beautiful family!...I'm impressed that you were able to behave for 3 out of the 4 days this holiday weekend...In contrast, I behaved on 1...haha

Hey mama, I was pretty sure the cutie pie was your oldest....can't wait to see them all...when did you first join the blitzes?...do you remember?

Artemis, Memphis is a very cool city and I'm happy you are closer to your folks in Arkansas...have you been to Graceland yet?...your job sounds awesome and your plan sounds sensible...keep us posted...

Marilee, no one is ever gonna forget about you around here, especially not me! ;-) How was your holiday?

Had another clean day today:
B: two big spoons of Greek yogurt
L: two big spoons of Greek yogurt
D: steak tips on grill

Have another mediation tomorrow and Wednesday so that's cool...today, one of the parties was a no-show...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 12-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

artemis, the best of luck to you on your new job. It is wonderful you are so much closer to your family now. If the resistant starch approach does not work for you look into Steven Guyanet's whole health source blog on no reward eating. It is very hard but I have had consistent success each time I have tried it.

Mama. I was also thinking that your profile picture was the one you had before. I hope you can get a good picture of all your little girls together. Good luck with your eating plan today!

Spent the day working on school fundraisers in shipping yesterday.

Have packed some sandwich rounds that I baked up this morning to take to work for free lunch today. I think we are due for the deli platter today.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Happy birthday, Lori!

Abi, I clicked the link to those sand which rounds. They look awesome. Can't wait to try.

I was one pound down on the way to -15 this am!

Had another big breakfast with a serving of pumpkin soufflé and strawberries. Waiting for the big breakfast diet book to come in for me at the library. It seems good so far. I'm more satisfied throughout the day. I. Think in the book she claims you can have dessert and other high carb things at breakfast and still lose weight, but that stuff makes me feel sluggish and gross anyway, not to mention craving sugar for the rest of the day, so I will stick with my fruit as dessert.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Today has been a good day. I am attempting a meat and egg fast for a couple of days (with a little cheese and fats here and there).

Today has been great so far with only sausage and wings on the menu

Tonight will probably be sausage patties, but they are straight from the butcher, so I know there are not hidden additives or hard to pronounce ingredients!

Mama - Beautiful baby girl you have there! I'm certain the other two are just as cute!

My goal is to stick with meat and cheese through this Sunday, then slowly introduce induction level carbs. My first short goal is to just make it 14 straight days without a cheat!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 12-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Those sound like good goals to me!
Today I had my big breakfast of yogurt, strawberries, coconut flour muffins, bp, chocolate bArk, and chia seeds.
Lunch was chicken and mixed veggies, with a couple of slices of Apple (didn't know that was the highest carb fruit until I consulted Atkins book again last night...no wonder they call to me!)
Dinner turkey burger with Swiss and a little salsa, mixed cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, salad with oil and vinegar, spinach with oil.
I've been grazing. Bit since then. Some pb on a spoon, my biggest vice since I cut out eating fruit all day, 1/8 cup almonds, and a few more thick slices of Swiss cheese. I've had my magnesium water and T gelatin.
So I'm committing here to the group that I'm done for the night. I want to write back tomorrow that I was at least successful with that, so my pride should keep me out of the kitchen! I believe in using seemingly negative character traits to my advantage.

Hope everyone had a wonderful naturally sweet day.
Love,
Old 12-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Ps. I'm still trying to edit my profile picture. Don't know why it won't upload!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mama, i will never get tired of looking at that cute little face!...

abs, you guys must get crazy busy from now til xmas, right?...how's your bil doing?

lori, you've got me in the mood for sausage!...haha!

sounds like everyone is motivated and doing well!...i'm proud of all of you! :-)

had a good day today...mediated this morning, then came home and changed and hit the gym, and then drove to ri for a wake...

b: 1/2 banana
l: a handful of black olives
s: cup of soup
d: steak tip, broccoli with cheese, salad

this is three days in a row of on-plan eating!...another mediation tomorrow morning...

Last edited by tony8; 12-03-2013 at 08:01 PM..
Old 12-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, our sister in law called last night to say that DH's brother is doing a little better. The steroids are finally helping some and he was able to breath on his own for about 15 min. The other day they tried it and he could only breath for about 5 min. Please everyone keep Jim in your thoughts.

Mama, what is your recipe for the coconut muffins and do you really like them?

Lori, meat and eggs can really work to jump start a good eating plan. It works for me!

My whole dept. worked in packing and shipping yesterday so yes, Tony, we are going crazy right now. lol

Bringing my sandwich rounds worked well yesterday to make a sandwich from the deli platter. I didn't have enough almond flour to make the exact recipe so the texture was more like pancakes but they held together and are pretty bland tasting. So it was nice to be able to have a sandwich instead of just cutting up the meat etc and eating it with a fork.

Hope you all have a great day. It's about time FF checked back in with us!
Old 12-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, so happy to hear your bil is showing some improvement...i've seen some miraculous things happen in hospitals...i assume he is in icu?...

feeling ready for a 4th consecutive day on plan and i am already feeling so much better...less bloated and more energetic...it's amazing how crappy bad foods make you feel, but it's more amazing that we keep getting attracted to them!...

i will be in nashville next week, so i am planning to get to the gym twice more this week -thursday and once on the weekend...i woke up feeling better today after yesterday's workout...

sorry if this is too much information, but when i was flushing my system with water on sunday, i must have broken the all-time peeing record...i swear i peed 20 times!...i can tell i'm carrying more fat around my stomach, but i'm nowhere near as bloated as i felt on sat night...
Old 12-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Mama – The main reason why my pictures will usually not load to LCF is because they are too large. LCF only allows a certain size pic. I have found that if I go into a photo editing software and reduce the size of the picture and make sure it is saved as a jpeg it will then be acceptable to LCF. Let me know if this makes sense or not.

Tony – Great job on the three days in a row!! I do not think I could ever get tired of sausage! I was just thinking today that I definitely need to get more water in me. It is the one thing this time around that I seem to continue to struggle with. When I started last year I had no problem drinking 100 oz a day. Now I struggle to get 24 oz a day!

Abi – I hope M&E works for me. I have had the toughest time making it to 14 days cheat free! I will have to check out your sandwich rounds. I have experimented with several different recipes for buns/sandwich bread, but I haven’t found a recipe I like yet. However, I have not attempted the oopsie rolls and I think I’m just a little lazy about it because I like the LC bread I buy from the grocery. Glad your BIL is doing better!

DH is away again for a couple of weeks. Teenagers are helpful and frustrating all at the same time. The little ones are really getting into the Christmas spirit and want to make 5 pages lists for Santa. I struggle with this every year. I tell them to pick 5 things that they just HAVE to have from santa, because if they put pages and pages of items then Santa won’t know what they REALLY want. Too Funny! My 8 year old is questioning this tradition, of course. I think I am more sad for her to let go of it than she is though.

Another picture for today:

kids2013a.jpg

B: Sausage w/cheese and mustard, coffee w/HWC
L: Sausage (maybe even with cheese and mustard!)
D: Maybe pork chops or steak, not sure yet, but I have a freezer full of meat so the choices are endless!

Work on water intake today!!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Morning glories! What a beautiful morning - the sun rise was awesome...we have some cloud cover so it makes that pretty orange/red sky. After today, our temps are going to be in the 50's through Sunday....brrrrrr! I guess I better look for my cardigan sweater.

Congratulations, Tony, on three days and a lot of pee! I've had days like that and it feels so good to get rid of all that water weight and bloat.

Abi, I'm so glad to hear you received some good news regarding your bil. Continuing to pray for him and for miracles.

Better get back to work. TTYL

Marilee
Old 12-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Still hanging in there, and following resistant starch guidelines. I guess I'm kind of doing a modified primal potato diet to keep it simple for now. Like Tony, I feel less bloated but still afraid to weigh in!

Hope you are all doing well and stay safe if you are in line of the winter storm.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good for you, artemis...don't hurry to jump on the scale unless you are sure it won't discourage you...no need to do it yet, if you are motivated and on a plan that seems to be working...

lori, those kids are so darn cute!

marilee, wish i could have been there to see that sunrise!...when are we gonna see a photo of that patio you've been promising us for the last year!?...haha!

day 4 has been a success!...busy with a mediation til this afternoon, so no time to eat much of anything...i am feeling less fat every day!...ha!

today:
b: 1/2 banana
l: skipped
d: primarily, the toppings off two small slices of homemade pizza i made on the grill - one was steak and cheese and the other was sausage, peppers, onions and cheese - it was sooooo good!...the crust was completely crispy - i nibbled on the whole wheat crust but ate less than an ounce total...i probably had less than 500 calories so far today, but i will probably eat something light before the night is over...

tomorrow will be devoted to a morning workout, then songwriting, then meetings at the building...

hope everyone has a great night! :-)

Last edited by tony8; 12-04-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Old 12-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Just checking in before I pass out. I was one pound down this am and stopped eating last night after I checked in with y'all.
I had pretty much the same stuff as yesterday. I'm having almonds, tea, and some chocolate. Bark right now, maybe another spoonful of crack...um, I mean peanut butter, and then heading off to bed.

Night everyone!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

haha, mama!...congrats on your willpower...tell me, what is chocolate bark?...i love anything chocolate!

had the toppings off another slice of the cheese steak pizza - so so good!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Running late today. Got tied up looking for a one minute muffin using coconut flour which was all I had. Not bad. Found it on a site called Themissy.

Will check back after work! Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Down 2 pounds this morning!

Starting day 3 of meat and egg fast!

Looks like everyone is doing well! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Tony, I can't send a picture yet. When we had that hard freeze last year, it about killed my bouganvilla and I had to cut them down to the ground. They just now have started blooming a little bit, but are far from beautiful. And, we have freeze warnings tomorrow morning and Monday morning. I covered them last year, but it didn't help - they are up against a block wall, which is probably part of the reason it didn't work. I'll cover them up again, but am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, hoping the frost does not get your bougainvillea again this year!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

alright girls, how do you spell that word?...haha!

marilee, i would love to see the layout of the patio, i'm not gonna judge your foliage... :-)

tried calling ff today to check on him, but no answer...that's a first!

lori, a big CONGRATS on the losses - you're doing great!

i had my fifth good day in a row today:
b: two handfuls of blueberries
l: 1/2 small container of greek yogurt with blueberries
d: 1 steak tip and salad and a few hunks of sausage

i am feeling so much better now than i did on sunday...had a great workout at the gym this morning and am feeling fit and strong and my clothes are fitting looser...i haven't weighed but feel like i am at least halfway to my pre-thanksgiving weight...things are good! :-)
Old 12-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Good going on sticking to your plan Tony. There is nothing like the feeling of loose clothes! I did a sort of spell check on the word by starting to type it up in the search box and that is what popped up. What a word!

Our daughter and family are getting an ice storm from that huge front coming across the country. Hoping we only get rain from it. It looks like the front edge is coming into PA. now.

So glad it is Friday. I think the whole plant is. lol

Hope FF is ok Tony, Are you going to try to call him today again?

Made some sandwich rounds this morning and put sesame seeds and poppy seeds on top. They look pretty good. Will pack up some turkey and mayo to put in them.

Have a great Friday Blitzers!
Old 12-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy birthday to my youngest son today!...he turns 18!...my wife and i gave each other high fives this morning, acknowledging that we raised 5 great kids to the age of majority with no major problems: no drinking or drug abuse, all honest, respectful and good people and 4 college graduates with one college bound...sorry to brag, and anything can happen from this point on, but parenting is a worrisome, forever thing and once in a while you have to pat yourself on the back, cuz no one else is gonna do it!...haha! :-)

abs, i will try ff again today...congrats on making it to friday without drowning in wax!...how's hubby pt and back?
Old 12-06-2013, 05:10 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Tony - You should absolutely pat yourself on the back and celebrate with pride. That is quite the accomplishment!

Abi - Your sandwich sounds great. I hope your daughter and her family are ok. All is well in OH so far. I looked at the radar this morning, though, and it appears there is more to come.

Marilee - How's the bougainvillea?

Down another pounds. Had a salad for lunch yesterday instead of my meat and egg fast. But I was eating out with a friend and it went really well with my STEAK! Needless to say I was stuffed and had just a few pork rinds with salsa and sour cream for dinner.

Have a great day blitzers!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Wow, it sounds like y'all are doing great in sticking to goals and losing weight!

The coconut flour muffin I make is the same idea as the flax seed one minute muffin, just a little more muffin-like. I use just one tablespoon coconut flour per one egg, tsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp each of salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. If you like it a little moister, tsp flax seed or coconut milk would help I think.

Also, tony (and happy birthday to your son!) the bark is delicious and so easy. I melt one tablespoon of coconut oil and add 1/2 T of cocoa powder (no sgar, just straight up cocoa powder), add a few drops of stevia and pop in the freezer for a few minutes. Oh, it needs to be out in a little plastic Tupperware cup type thing and then once it's solid you can pop it right out.

So before anyone starts crying or yelling for me, haha, let me post where I'm at. I'm down a few pounds and sticking to my three meals a day and doing less fruit and mostly in the am. Just got the big breakfast diet from the library and it's interesting. I disagree with some of the advice, but I like the idea of front loading. I've always made breakfast my smallest meal and been hungry throughout the day, so I think it would be a good plan for me. I did have a beer last night at a birthday party. I'm sure that was loaded with carbs, but I like to have one every few months when I'm nursing. Probably more superstitious than anything, but I've read it's good for milk production...

Have a great day everyone! Someone's calling!
Old 12-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmmm, mama, and i was thinking i'd heard every good reason to drink beer!...haha!...congrats on the losses...

you too, lori!...and you and abi have to compare notes on pork rinds!

having a great 6th day in a row!
today, so far:
b: banana and cup of tea with cream
l: salad with evoo, balsamic vinegar and feta
d:?

spoke to ff today and he is fine - in pain as he has been, but high spirits and doing well...he sends his best to all of you :-)
Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelifemama View Post
Wow, it sounds like y'all are doing great in sticking to goals and losing weight!

The coconut flour muffin I make is the same idea as the flax seed one minute muffin, just a little more muffin-like. I use just one tablespoon coconut flour per one egg, tsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp each of salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. If you like it a little moister, tsp flax seed or coconut milk would help I think.

Also, tony (and happy birthday to your son!) the bark is delicious and so easy. I melt one tablespoon of coconut oil and add 1/2 T of cocoa powder (no sgar, just straight up cocoa powder), add a few drops of stevia and pop in the freezer for a few minutes. Oh, it needs to be out in a little plastic Tupperware cup type thing and then once it's solid you can pop it right out.

So before anyone starts crying or yelling for me, haha, let me post where I'm at. I'm down a few pounds and sticking to my three meals a day and doing less fruit and mostly in the am. Just got the big breakfast diet from the library and it's interesting. I disagree with some of the advice, but I like the idea of front loading. I've always made breakfast my smallest meal and been hungry throughout the day, so I think it would be a good plan for me. I did have a beer last night at a birthday party. I'm sure that was loaded with carbs, but I like to have one every few months when I'm nursing. Probably more superstitious than anything, but I've read it's good for milk production...

Have a great day everyone! Someone's calling!
Sounds like you are doing great sticking to your plan also!
Closed Thread