Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all. Sorry I've been MIA. Friday was horrible at work. We had lay offs. I'm not sure if I mentioned this was going to happen. I'm fine, thank goodness, but it was hard to see people go and one of my friends was affected. I haven't been very chatty, as you can imagine.

The pictures everyone is sending are great. I loved the artwork, Abi. Your brother is very talented. And the ones of the moose and houses were beautiful. I miss the snow. Lori, your kids are adorable! The holidays in your house must be tons of fun.

Hey, Tony! Thanks for checking in on ff. I'm glad he is doing well all things considered.

I haven't been eating well....either not at all or being "bad" due to stress. I haven't gotten on the scale and am hesitant to do so. Especially with Thanksgiving looming ahead.

I'm off this week - have a dirty house to get clean and errands to do. So, I'll sign off for now.

TTYL

Marilee

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Tony – Thanks so much. I think they are adorable too, but I’m a little biased! Your day with your daughter and extended family sounds really nice. I hope the building deal works out to your advantage.

Abi – Thanks for the compliments about the kiddos. I love days like that with them. I was also very inexpensive because it was funded by my company. I only paid $5 for each family member and that included admission, parking, dinner and the light show. AMAZING! Especially since my family is 6 and we also invited my oldest son’s girlfriend. I will post the recipe to my broccoli cauliflower salad at the end.

Well, I cut up lots of cabbage last night, and I think that I will have to use it to avoid it going to waste. I had intended to do a meat and egg fast for the rest of November to try and get rid of this weight jump, but I may have to make that meat, egg and cabbage.

I have to do something differently because I have been going up and down the same 5-10 pounds for the last two months.

All my kiddos:
kids4b.jpg

Broccoli Cauliflower Salad:

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sweetener (optional)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1 Tbsp vinegar (I use white)
1/2 cup bacon pieces
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 tsp onion powder (or 1/2 cup chopped onions)

Mix mayo, sweetener, vinegar and onion powder and set aside. Toss cauliflower, broccoli, cheese and bacon bits (onions too, if you use real onion). Mix sauce with tossed ingredients. Tastes better if sits in fridge over night.

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 11-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee - Holidays are a BLAST!! I am sorry about your friend. I totally understand the not eating at all or not eating well in this type of situation. I have been struggling with that myself. We have a lot of things to do around the house this week over the holidays too. Cleaning is definitely at the top of the list, but we also have to replace a window, strip wallpaper and hopefully paint if we have time, and stack firewood. We hope to make a final push over this holiday weekend and get all the firewood split and stacked. Then, guess what? DH wants to cut down more trees! Ugh! It will never end
Old 11-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #274
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Happy TG to all!

I will be home tomorrow and Thurs. I will have to order out. The local diner has a nice TG platter for $16.95 ($16.96 with the tip). It should last even moi meme for 2 times. I was on the scale last week. Down to 305 lbs. Next Fri I will be at med MD. With any luck, i may weigh in at 299.99. Wouldn't that be luverly. I must get to Shoprite now. I have no condiments at all in the house, and no diet choc soda. Needless to say, Shoprite is a nuthouse this week, and the local food stores just do not have what i need. I expect surgery will take place some time in the 1st 1/3of 2014. I do not want to be heavier than 250. I will talk to y'all post TG. Ciao for now-FF
Old 11-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

FF - Glad you could stop by and glad your scale is agreeing with you. With respect to the nuthouse, I think all the stores are like that this week. It seems every store I enter has 10 plus people in each aisle! EeeK! How is the pain? Are the meds helping you manage it well? I hope so!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys, hope everyone had a good day...

lori, all your kids are beautiful and you are such a great mom!...although i have to say your hubby is a nut if he is thinking of taking down even a twig off a tree!

marilee, missed ya girl!...sorry about the lay-offs and that your friend was affected...i think you should enjoy the week off and weigh in next week...

hey abs, what are you doin for the holiday - the whos, wheres and whats?...haha!

it's been very busy at the building and i have three more meetings tomorrow...then charisse will be arriving from brooklyn (the girl that we first met through the fresh air fund in 1994) and all my boys will be here...

emmy and sal and everyone but sarah will be here for the holiday - emmy will be splitting time here and at her in-laws...my friend from iran will be here too...should be a nice holiday...

then we go to dw parents' house in conn. on friday to have a day with her folks and siblings - that only happens a couple of times a year as her brother lives in md...so that will be nice...

that's it for now - gonna hit the hay...see y'all tomorrow! :-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 11-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Lori, I know I would love your salad. The broccoli one I make also has a mayo, vinegar and sweetener dressing. Love that combination of flavors.

Tony, you will have a jam packed holiday for sure. Make sure you take some pictures of everyone together. My sister in Walpole is having the family that can make it. I think it will be fairly small this year. Maybe twelve including two little ones. I will bring the deviled eggs and stuffed celery and the bloody marys set up. We usually eat between 12 and 1 so those that have a long drive can get on the road early.

Marilee, how sad for those work mates to get laid off just before the holidays. So sorry for your friend. Hope she can find something soon. Glad you are ok.

It is raining hard and the temps are around 32. Sure hope they start going up by 6 when I have to get on the road.

Have a great day Blitzers and a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Last edited by Abigale; 11-27-2013 at 02:28 AM..
Old 11-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

It sounds like everyone is having a great holiday celebration. My DH's 3 sisters live within a 5 mile radius of us and we all go to the oldest sister's house for Thanksgiving. His brother is in Iowa and sometimes makes it, sometimes not. I haven't heard if he is making it this year. We will have family in from Michigan and Chicago. Sometimes my mom makes it up from TN with her DH, but I don't think they are going to be here this year. Regardless it will be a larger crowd of about 25-30. We start tonight with dinner, lunch tomorrow, dinner tomrrow, shopping or football and beer friday. Everyone usually just does what they want to do most and we all meet up again for lunch friday. The younger ones (yes, I'm in this crowd) go out on Wednesday night and Friday night to catch a live band, movie or both.

It is definitely DH's family's favorite holiday!

All the grandkids love to be together too. My children each have a cousin that is almost their same age so they all enjoy hanging out and catching up.

We make 2 sides that are LC and sometimes I make LC cheesecake muffins for dessert. It just depends how ambitious I am. I will struggle for the next couple of days because for some reason my weight is up and I will want to say who cares I'm up anyway. Here's to staying strong through the hoilday.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abi and lori, sounds like you guys are gonna have fun holidays!...i'll be thinkin about ya :-)

all the kids and charisse are here and we got chinese food tonight...emmy's hubby isn't here yet, but will be here soon...

busy day at work, then got a haircut...

not much else to report...i will check back later! :-)
Old 11-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thanksgiving Blitzers!!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!...we had an awesome day with all the kids (except sarah) here and emmy and her hubby spent weds night here...they will all be coming to conn. to see dw's parents tomorrow...it will be a long day and i may not have internet access so i hope y'all have a fun black friday! :-)

look forward to hearing about everyone's holiday!
Old 11-29-2013, 02:51 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers! Had a wonderful family TH yesterday and DH and I will have our own tomorrow. Then Sunday back to being strict again.

My niece who has the paleo meal delivery co. with my nephew brought a couple of no flour desserts which were delicious. They tasted too good so not low carb. I am sure she used honey or sugar for sweeteners. She made a dressing side dish which I brought extra home which was very good. Lean ground beef, onions, mushrooms and all the seasonings you would put in dressing. Loved it! After plain ground beef for the last two weeks it tasted heavenly. Of course I had at least a spoonful of everything on the table. Delicious!

Will check back later to see how everyone's day went. Have a super day all!
Old 11-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, so happy you had a nice holiday!...sorry the hubby wasn't feeling up to it...let me know how your tg at home goes...

day 2 of eating too much, but it has been delicious...i am getting back on plan after the weekend and will hold off on weighing for a week or two til i feel thinner!...will hit the gym either tomorrow or sunday...

emmy and sal are spending the night again - it is so nice to have her and her belly here!...haha!...just got back from conn. and a nice visit with the in laws...all the kids came with us - 8 in the expedition!...

hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!
Old 11-30-2013, 03:10 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Now that is a car full of people! What a wonderful day for you all!

I am going to do the same thing. Get back strict again on Monday and not weigh for a week or two. lol

The big Alabama/Auburn rivalry game is today. We are all for Alabama except the oldest grandaughter. She has always been an Auburn fan.

I put up our walmart tree yesterday. Just pulled it out of the box, put the three sections together and plugged it in. The lights are already on it. lol Also put garland and lights across our wall length bookcase so that always looks festive. A red bow on my perennial grapevine wreath on the door and my decorating is done. lol

DH is going to Worcester, MA to see his brother today. He probably won't be able to talk to him because they are keeping him sedated. They don't think he is going to recover from this pneumonia because it is affecting his heart. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Have a great Saturday all and I will check back later!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh abs, i'm so sorry to hear about your bil - but where there is life, there is hope...i drove through worcester twice yesterday and was thinking about you guys...

god, i feel fat!...i think i need two solid weeks of low cal/volume eating and lots of water to feel better...

abs, i can't believe you put so much effort into holiday decoration!...haha!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Ha ha, I really go all out don't I!
Old 11-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it's been another few days of the abi and tony show...haha...come out and play, kids! :-)
Old 12-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

I miss hearing from everyone!

Boy, it doesn't take many carbs for me to blow up like a water balloon.

Sort of looking forward to getting back to being strict again tomorrow!

Will be joining brother and sil for breakfast as usual. Bacon and eggs sound pretty good this morning!

Talk to you all later!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
Hi again!

Hi blitzers!
I'm checking in after a long absence. In the interim, I've given birth to my third baby girl, Evie. I now have three little girls. Evie is 8 weeks and I'd like to get into some sort of food plan again.
I'm nursing her, so I don't want to go too LC. But I'd like to start three meals a day and do more protein and fat than I've been eating. I probably have about 15 pounds to lose until my goal weight, which may not seem like a lot, but I've had it there for 5 years now! (For four out of the last 5 years I've been either pregnant or nursing) this is our last little baby, so I'd like to finAlly get down to goal and get a real wardrobe. In fact, I'm going to buy myself a new pair of jeans and boots when I hit it! (That's a pretty major purchase in our house lately, but I'm going for it when I get there.)

Anyhow, I'll step on the he scale tomorrow and get my exact numbers and post them. So good to see your familiar names. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!
Much love.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Lovelifemama! Congratulations on your new little one. Is this a photo of her or one of your other little girls? She is precious!
Best wishes on getting to buy those new jeans and boots! You will be there in no time!

Last edited by Abigale; 12-01-2013 at 10:15 AM..
Old 12-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey mama, welcome back!!!...so good to see you again!...and that little cutie pie!...haha!...congratulations on the new baby...did you only have one when we first met, or was the one on your photo the little sister of an older daughter?...sorry, i forget :-) the little one who is sucking nutrients out of your body should help with the weight loss!...my wife did it with 5 babies and it always seemed to help her, UNTIL she got pregnant again...haha...

i know you can really feel 15 lbs. of extra weight - it feels like i've gained that much over this holiday!...

and i want it off me so badly, i started getting strict a day early...i am flushing and eating light all day today...so far i have drunk a gallon of water and had nothing to eat but a nice salad for lunch with evoo, balsamic vinegar and sprinkled feta...when i feel hungry, i plan to guzzle more water until dinner...there are pies and sweet breads and a million other things i'd like to burn right now... :-)

i'm not gonna look at a scale until i feel better or i cheat...i feel so crappy and that has been enough to motivate me today!

abs, hope you enjoyed the bacon and eggs!

how's everyone else doing?
Old 12-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hi guys! Long time no see. In between the mass chaos of work-related drama and family crisis, my life has been up-rooted...quite literally. I just moved to a new city and am starting a new job tomorrow. All the stress has definitely resulted in some weight gain...mostly due to lack of routine workouts and fluid retention. I am honestly even afraid to weigh at this point. With this new job, I am turning over a new leaf with that as well. Never too late to turn the car back around I guess. Back to routine and getting everything under control...or at least to a manageable state.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey artemis, great to see you!...welcome back!...there are a few of us afraid to weigh right now, so you have company :-) so, where are you now?...looking forward to having you hang with us in here again!

have another mediation tomorrow, my second, so i am psyched about that...

had a good, clean day today and am determined to having another tomorrow...have a great night, kids!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Artemis! We have missed you sooo much! We hope your new job will be regular hours so you can stay really rested. Those long days and long weeks are just too much. What city are you moving to and are you still doing research? We are all trying to get back strict with our eating especially after Thanksgiving. Hope your family are all ok.

Tony, good luck with the mediation today! Well, you don't need luck as you know what you are doing. lol

OK, so will try to get back to being strict today. I cut up leftover stuffed celery and mixed some turkey with it. Will bring one of those almond rounds that I made to put this salad on. Black coffee to drink. Maybe the same for dinner. Those rounds are pretty filling and I love finger food. The rounds are made of almond meal, egg whites, milk, baking soda and a pinch of salt. I am going to put sesame seeds or poppy seeds on the tops the next time I make them. One round with the turkey salad on top will be plenty. The Comfy belly site has a picture of the sandwich rounds. I didn't put any sweetener in them.

Have a great Monday Blitzers! Hope to hear from Lori, Marilee, Turtle, Bec and FF today to name afew of our gang!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, i always need luck, abs!...haha!...good luck to you on easing back into strict-land...my goal is to string two good days together, then three tomorrow and so on...

for those old-timers who are back, we have not lost our leader ff, but his computer crashed and he's not replacing it right now, so we hear from him when he makes it to the library...i get updates by phone as well...he's having back pain, but is losing weight and may even be below 300 lbs this week for the first time in a looooong time!

looking forward to hearing from everyone...
Old 12-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for henge warm welcome back guys. Seems like everyone is getting strict today! I'll include myself here.

So I weighed myself this morning and it is indeed 15 I'd like to lose, though I'm thinking I may be up a pound or two by tomorrow due to the eating I did yesterday at my father in laws Hanukkah celebration.... We will see.

I'll post my meals at the end of the day.

Btw, I have not yet updated my pic. That is my first baby girl who is now 4 and a half. I have an almost two year old and the eight week old. I'll try to find a pic of all three. I want to feel lighter and more energetic for them too. And yes, tony, nursing does allow me some extra calories! Until I get pregnNt again, like you said about your wife... But I'm thinking our family is complete now, so maybe I can fight these last 15 once and for all.

Also, do you guys know how to do a ticker thing at the bottom of the share? I'd like to countdown the 15.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Hmm, it keeps giving me an upload failed message when I try to change my pic. Will try again later.

Have a wonderful low carb, naturally sweet day everyone!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Blitzers! Welcome back Mama and Arte...you were missed.

My week off was uneventful, but I enjoyed it anyway. Like the rest of you, I don't want to weigh - I know I've gained the 5 I lost two weeks ago.

You all have so much news and have so much going on! I enjoy reading all about your family adventures.

Abi, I'm so sorry about your bil. I've been sending up prayers and will continue to do so.

Arte, I can't wait to hear more about your new city and job. What part of the country are you in now?

Well, best get back to work, but I didn't want you all to forget who I was
Old 12-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I did great eating all weekend until Saturday night. Then I had a pretty good LC day yesterday. But today is my birthday and I am indulging a bit. I just want to get off this roller coaster!!!

Tony – I hear ya! I need two solid weeks on LC to get me “over the hump”

Abi – sorry to hear about your BIL. Sending prayers

Marilee – I have gained it back too.

Alas, we have to lose the same 5 pounds AGAIN!

I picked up my pictures Wednesday.

Here is just one of them. I would love to post them all because I love them all!!!

family2013a.jpg
Old 12-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori! Enjoy your special day.

What a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing.
Closed Thread