Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #31
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Thank goodness, Wiz!

Kelly - I can't believe that either! WTH?

It's pretty somber at work. Lori's husband, daughters and son came in to get her stuff from her cube. I had run into her oldest daughter at Walmart, just a bit earlier. She said this has been a nightmare. I gave them all big, big hugs. They are just the best kids you could ever imagine. Funeral Thursday.

I am off to the MS where DD teaches to kick off the Golden Apple Campaign yet again for another year! One of my favorite days. I used to work in the district and know alot of the staff!

Have a good Tuesday!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Morning Beachers!

40 min on the bike this morning. I really hate that thing!

I can croak today, better than not being able to talk at all!

Gotta run to the post office for work!

for everyone!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/188/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
Well yesterday sucked to say the least, as most of you saw on FB, my car window was smashed in. I was able to get it fixed with a mobile glass company, but they cant tint it till Saturday, so my car looks kinda silly with 3 windows tinted and 1 not right now lol, but oh well at least its usuable. I am still finding glass all over the place, they tried to clean it, but you know how hard glass is to clean up when its in tiny slivers. I am now parking my car in a diff area, and hoping that nothing else happens to it. I had to pay my insurance deductible which I cant really afford since we are supposed to be moving, so it came out of our moving fund

I got on the scales this morning, weight is 190 and my pants are snug, wishing I wanted to do something about it, but still have no motivation. Its all I can do right now to handle what life is giving me and dealing with school and work and kids.

Back to work for me, lots to catch up on today!!

Kelly
Old 10-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #34
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!

Yesterday's eating was okay, which seems to be the story of my life right now. I'm never quite good, but I'm not out of control either. Which means I haven't been gaining, but not losing either.

I did get a nice, but chilly, run in Hyde Park done this morning. My first meeting isn't until the afternoon today, so I'm spending the morning catching up on email, etc.

Hang in there, gang.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #35
Queen Bargain Shopper

Love and hugs................
Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi all,

Just catching up. I've been so, so busy, I don't know if I'm coming or going. I leave the house at 7:15 a.m. and most days don't get home until almost 7 p.m. Still sticking with JUDDD, still losing. Down around 12 lbs. total. I tried on my size 12 pants a couple days ago and THEY FIT! However, they still give me a big muffin top, so I'll just have to wear the loose 14s for a while longer.

Cindy - I'm so sorry about your friend.

Tina - Yikes! Hope you get better soon! Take it easy with your voice until you're 100%.

Kelly - Sorry about your car...what a bite!

Wiz - Glad you got your phone straightened out. I WISH you could get a trip here some day! That would be so very cool!

Gotta go, the dog is hovering and I need to take her out so we both get a walk in. Take care, all of you!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 AM   #37
Queen Bargain Shopper

Good Morning!
Lots of coffee today. Was up at 3:30. Between Lori's passing, my Grandson's anticipated arrival, and some stuff going on with DD23, I just couldn't sleep.

Funeral today.
We had Employee Assistance come in for a counseling session with my team, and Lori's son's and daughter's teams as well. For some reason the daughter's co workers didn't come......but we had a great session and really felt good coming out of there.

Well, I did it - changed my hair! Color still the same - which I don't know that I could change , and she colored my brows! They look so much better!!! I love my hair and she nailed it with what I wanted and had been thinking about for a while!

Hope all is well and big hugs to all!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,

Cindy- I know your busy, but we need a new pic of the hair at some point!!

Im glad its almost the weekend. Busy day today with meetings at work. We are still waiting on the final ok for the house, the owner is dragging his feet and its pissing us off, we are hoping to hear from him today. We are supposed to be moving next weekend and dont even have a signed lease yet, I am kinda freaking out and stressing out at the same time!

We had date night last night which was fun, our team won the game so thats always nice!

Tomorrow I will be driving outta town to pick up DS14 and Saturday morning I have to take my car in to get my new window tinted to match the others, then we are taking all the boys fishing. We have a little compeitition going on, they see if they can catch more fish than me lol. Saturday we have a concert to attend, its an all ages show so the 2 older boys are coming with us, should be fun. Its my sons first concert. We are going to see Frank Turner, he is from England I think.

Sunday will be house cleaning and hopefully packing, we shall see!

Have a great weekend whatever you guys have planned,

Kelly
Old 10-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Beachers!

I weighed in at 13.2 lbs. down this morning! (and yes, I weighed myself after my shower to double check that). It will probably bump back up a bit, but just the fact that I saw a number today that I haven't seen in a few years was a huge morale booster.

Cindy - I'm with Kelly, we need a pic of your new look!

Kelly - sounds like you have way more than your share of stress right now. Hang in there and just imagine how good it will feel when it's all over and you are relaxing in your new house.

Tina and Wiz -

Have a great Friday, everyone! (it's already night here for me).
Old 10-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Vets!

Crappy eating yesterday, gave me a little bump in the scale, but I got up and did a five mile run/walk this morning, so I'm sure it'll be gone in no time.

DS and his GF and DD carved pumpkins last night. DS GF is too funny. Tomorrow is homecoming I'll post a pic of DS and GF. I also got about 1/2 of DS senior pics back last night. There are some really awesome shots. Plus the photog took a few family shots and a couple of just the kids. I can't wait to get the second half back.

Tomorrow will probably be a rest day from the exercise. Gonna be a busy busy packed day. My mom is still not doing well with her back, so I'm going to her place to visit and clean tomorrow. Then home to get DS ready for homecoming. Then pictures of their homecoming group of 30! IDK how or why there group is so large!

Kel - congrats on the house! It looks lovely from the outside!

Luisa - You are rocking juddd!

Cindy - Can't wait to see the new hair. At my next appointment, I think I am going to do a much darker brown with the highlights.

Wiz - You home next week?

Have a great weekend beachers!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Super busy weekend. It was freezing cold for DS homecoming and they did pictures outside. Crazy kids.

No exercise on Sat. But I got a nice long run/walk in on yesterday. 769 calories worth! Still loving my Polar FT4 watch.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to keep going with ROCKtober! We've only got a week and a 1/2 til November!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #42
Queen Bargain Shopper

I am hanging in.
Got a Nutribullet over the weekend and have been blasting every morning for breakfast.

Tonight is Jon Bon Jovi!!!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #43
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Work is nuts right now, my head is spinning from it all. And with everyone knowing I will be out of the office for over 2 weeks, they all want their pound of flesh before I go. (I WISH they could literally each take a pound of flesh .)

It seems hard to believe we leave on Halloween - next Thursday! 3 nights in LA for the Breeders Cup at Santa Anita, then 10 nights in Hawaii, 1 overnight flight home.

Cindy, I am quite jealous, enjoy Bon Jovi!! They are great in concert.

Luisa, Wow! The weight is flying off. It looks like you have really found the right program.

Tina, I'm afraid if I knew how many calories I was burning off every day I would then proceed to eat that many!!

Kelly, so exciting for your new house!! Very happy it is all working out for you.

Off to my first conference call of the day...one of 6 I have to get on today. Sigh.

2014 Running Miles: 244
2014 Walking Miles: 258
2014 Biking Miles: 396
Old 10-23-2013, 03:49 AM   #44
Queen Bargain Shopper

WOW!
He played for over 2.5 hours!
I am pooped and my feet are killing me - I never sat down!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

up and got my workout in this morning. weight has been bouncing between 178.4 and 180 for over a week and it's annoying the crap out of me. Will be quite happy to see 177.? on the scale, lol.

Cindy - sounds like bon jovi was awesome! Glad you had a good time!

Wiz - ha, I haven't been tempted yet to eat all the calories I burn, but since I track, it does makes me feel better if I go over my cal limit to know that I burned more than enough to cover any overages. lol.

Kel - How's the packing going?

Luisa -

Happy Hump Day fellow beachers!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #46
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

So far, its been a good OP week of eating. I hope to keep it going.

I don't know about you all, but as I am pulling out my Fall clothes (although here at the shore, we still have our flip flops out we don't give those up until it hits the 30s!!) I am not happy with how everything is fitting. Especially my dress trousers, which are fine around the waistband, but look too snug around my hips.

Cindy, sounds like a great concert!

Tina, I know what you mean about bouncing around. You just want to see the scale move definitively and stay there.

I made turkey spinach meatballs last night (along with a container of home-made marinara I had in my freezer.) So yummy!

Talk to you all later!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Quick check in, my life is crazy right now lol. I have the house almost all packed up, going to do some more tonight, then it will pretty much just be stuff that will have to wait till the day of, like clothes, food, bedding and last minute dishes.

We get they keys tonight so we are going over to figure out what we are going to put and where lol. I have to give my kitty away though cause we cant have pets at the new house, she is going to her new home tonight, lil mans dad agreed to take her, I have had her for 9 years! Sad to see her go, but at least my son will still be able to see her when he is at his dads house.

I have a ton of homework to get done this week too, first big assignment due on Saturday, but we wont have internet so I have to turn it in on Friday from work. I am going to be working on it during my lunch breaks the rest of this week, ugh

Anyway, this will prob be my last check in until next week since I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off lol. Have a great weekend girls and wish me luck!

Kelly
Old 10-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #48
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wiz - I've been wearing fall clothes since last month, including boots and tights!!!!

Good luck Kelly!

Don't say anything on FB - but:

I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMA TODAY!!!!!!
Her water broke at 430 and I am just waiting. They are heading in about 8.
I didn't say anything but she was going in tonight anyway. I had taken tomorrow off. Her doc loves her so much, she wants to deliver the baby and is on call tomorrow! But...best laid plans! I'll keep you all posted!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #49
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Wiz - I've been wearing fall clothes since last month, including boots and tights!!!!

Good luck Kelly!

Don't say anything on FB - but:

I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMA TODAY!!!!!!
Her water broke at 430 and I am just waiting. They are heading in about 8.
I didn't say anything but she was going in tonight anyway. I had taken tomorrow off. Her doc loves her so much, she wants to deliver the baby and is on call tomorrow! But...best laid plans! I'll keep you all posted!!!!
SO exciting!! I can't to hear all the details and of course, see pics!! Very happy for your whole family, Cindy.

FYI. Got a little derailed last evening with 2 glasses of wine. It was a crappy day and I decided to indulge. Back on track this morning with a good run and breakfast.

Later Beachers!!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Beachers!

Up and at it this morning. Couldn't figure out why this mornings run/walk was so tough, about 45 min into it I realized that I had the INCLINE up. No wonder I was having so much trouble walking at the same speed I usually do. I got in one hour and burned 596. Was a good cal burn today! Even with most of it being walking. I even hit a new low this morning! Still 178.? but still the lowest I've seen to date.

Wiz - 2 glasses of wine is not derailed, its just a little indulgence! If thats the worst you did yesterday, I'd consider it a good day (at least food wise )

Cindy - How exciting! Cant wait for pictures! Congrats grammy!

Kel - Hope you move goes well and you get settled quickly!

Luisa - miss seeing you! Hope you are having a great week!

you beachers!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #51
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tina, when I use the incline on my treadmill, I really feel it - especially in the butt! And God knows, that's a good thing.

I've been chicken to weigh in, because my last weigh-in was horrific . But finally after a good week of eating (and I was pretty good last week in London too), I got on the scale. It was respectable. I'm back down to where I was all summer. It's still not close to my Maintenance (ha!) weight, but it's directionally correct.

Jam-packed weekend, with lots of fun stuff going on. Tonight is a comedy night fundraiser for our local Food Bank.

Cindy, any news??

TGIF!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #52
Queen Bargain Shopper

I'm officially a Grandma!!!!

Fletcher Lawrence was born at 7:54 p.m., weighed 8 lbs., 1 oz. and was 20.5 inches long.
He is absolutely perfect.
My heart just swells! ♥

DD is doing amazing - I have truly never seen her so happy.
We finally got to see him about 10 last night. She had him, they did all their stuff, then she tried nursing and he is a champ - he nursed for 45 minutes!!!

DSIL's family won't be seeing him till today, so we won't post any pics or news on FB until later, but here is a sneak peak!

Gam and Fletch.jpg
Fletch with hair.jpg
Old 10-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #53
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations!!! Cindy, so happy for all of you. He is adorable. And by the way, you are one young-looking grandmother.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers

Another Football Friday night here. And it is C O L D!

Workout done this morning. level 2 of 30 day shred! Some killer moves in this level. followed by some biking.

Visiting my momma tomorrow and then we are going to a steak fry. LOVE steak frys!

Cindy - ADORABLE! And you look great! You are so blessed!

Wiz - take some time to relax this weekend!

TGIF Beachers!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stopped by to see what all of you are doing and saw Cindy's wonderful news and pics. Congratulations, Grandma Cindy (no one would ever believe it by looking at you)!

Will be back later, too much going on now! to everyone!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:17 AM   #56
Queen Bargain Shopper

Morning Beachers!

Whirlwind weekend!
Here's a little more baby spam and I promise not to get too carried away!

Fletcher 3.jpg

Grandpa and Fletch 2.jpg

Gram and Fletch 2.jpg

Didn't get to work out yesterday - I have to realize I don't have to get all 5 days in sometimes, but I am so obsessive about it!

Hope you all are well!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #57
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, I love the baby pics!!

Luisa, good to see you check in!

Tina, how was your weekend? did the football team win? And how is your Mom doing?

Not much to report here, I am getting bombarded at work before I leave on vacation. I am trying to keep up with it as best I can, and then get the heck out of here!!

Kind of a somber day around here...it's the 1 year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy. So many people we know are still without homes and there appears to be no end in sight. Big chunks of the Jersey Shore look like Beirut

Great 5-mile run on the boardwalk this morning
Old 10-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Crazy busy day yesterday. Up and got my workout in this morning. Running at 6mph for 90 sec is HARD!

Wiz - Yep, we won Friday again a team from another state that a Varsity team in WV has not beaten in 50 years. To say our kids were stoked would be an understatement. Right now our team in 7-1 and they didn't have a fighting chance in the game they lost. The refs were so blatantly for the other team that I think they were suspended for the rest of the season.

Cindy - Love the pics!

Lusia -

Kel - Glad you got all moved in!

Happy Tuesday Beachers!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Man its been crazy in my world! Seems like I am busy from sun up to sun down and even after lol. We got all moved in and yesterday they came and hooked up our cable and internet. I spent all last night cleaning at the old place, you know wiping out the fridge and freezer, the bathroom, vacumming and mopping. Tonight i have to go back and do touch up paint on the walls and shampoo the carpets, ugh!! Thats after working all day today, my muscles are so dang sore. The final walk thru at the old place is on Friday, so I have the rest of the week to get it all done, but Thurs is Halloween and I want to hand out candy at the new place

We are having our house warming party in 2 weeks, so I am excited about that ,will be fun to have everyone over

I stepped on the scales this morning, 193, no wonder my pants are so snug. I have been on the go too much and eating junk basically cause its fast and easy. I need to get back into a routine when things slow down in my world after this week!

Congrats Cindy on the baby, so darn cute

Kelly
Old 10-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Light workout this morning.

Getting my hair colored tonight. My roots are starting to look like a skunk stripe! DD is also getting her hair done as her birthday gift.

Have a great Wednesday!
Closed Thread