Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
My brows are brown and already dark. My son's Billy and Michael have dark thick brows. Jordan is fair.

Just left College Park. Tomorrow and Sunday will be long days with early wake ups.

My daddy has really aged. I am glad he made it to the wedding. I can tell his back is bothering him.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
It's always special when the grandparents make it to the wedding. I hope mom lives to see Kim remarried and happy. This is the happiest I've ever seen her and Cory seems to really love her. I hope tomorrow is perfect for your son
Old 10-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #93

Neither of Don's parents are alive. I am lucky both mine are. My dad is aging quickly. He didn't remember he saw our new patio and walkway in May when he was here.

Jordan is coming here at 7 for breakfast then we leave at 8:15 for hotel and then to Thorpewood for rehearsal. We are stopping at pumpkin farm on way back to Frederick. My mom won't be here till around 3. We will be getting mani/pedi's at that time.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like a busy but fun day planned. I have never had a pedi
Old 10-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #95
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

My BFF from 6th grade has been in town all week. We've had a wonderful time. I hated to see her go back to CA.

Merlin has been going to puppy class - it's more like parent training class and I think we're one of the slow learners . ..

Am I the only one that has grey in their eyebrows?!

I've been coloring them for years!

Debbie - It will be a fun wedding! I can't wait to see pictures!

Becky - Pedi's are fun!

Kelly - We divided up holidays after we had kids. Since we lived in town with my mom, we went to DH's family for Thanksgiving and Easter and stayed home for Christmas.
Now I wonder if we should start our own traditions, but these seemed pretty firmly entrenched . . . .

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 10-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

I doubt my brother and I will get together for holiday once mom is gone. He xomains now behind her back about wanting his own holidays since his kids are grown
Old 10-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
I drove a car full of kids to the game & after a tire blow out on the freeway the boys now have a new skill. They changed the tire but I was never in my life so happy to see the highway patrolman pull over with us. He was super nice, incredibly helpful, and a former water polo player. My guardian angel was working hard to keep us safe, traffic cleared just before the blowout so it was easy to get over & no one was behind us to have been hit by the tire that flew off of my car. We had quite the freeway adventure...
Old 10-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #98

Kelly, that is scary!!!

Slept terribly. It is going to be a long day. Need to get up and ready to leave but could have slept longer.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #99
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Saturday!

Oh Kelly, that is scary! Glad you had some boys with you!!

Hope you have fun today, Debbie. I love mani's and pedi's!
Hoping you are off on Monday!

MK - when your kids marry, you may have to change your traditions. It's not easy sometimes. We quit traveling when we moved to GB from Minneapolis. Now DH's folks don't even go anywhere for the holidays - it's too hard on them.

Off with DD26 today. We are going to check out the new Burlington Coat Factory, Starbucks, TJ, of course! She has a few things she'd like to get before the baby!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 10-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #100

I don't work till Wednesday
Old 10-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-
I was up late last night and early this morning and I'm tired today, but it's all good. DS16 and his friends had a bonfire at the beach and they got in just before 11 and they were chatty so I chatted with them until almost midnight and we had to be at the pool at 7 this morning. (I just poured another cup of coffee)

The boys were so proud of themselves for changing the tire last night. I'm just glad that was the end of the adventure for the night AND that it happened during the day and not at 8 last night in the dark on the way home.

We have never really divided our holidays, my parents have put a lot of pressure to spend every holiday with them (and we did before we moved and we were there for one or the other even after we moved) we have always picked a separate day to spend with DH's brother and his family. It has worked well for both of us all along. (Before his brother got married he would sometimes join my family for holidays)
We have finally hit the time of life where DS20 has his own obligations and I would never want him to feel guilty or bad because of that so...
Old 10-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #102
Queen Bargain Shopper

Kelly - I hear ya - I don't want to be the parent (like mine were) that insists we spend all holiDAY's together. Right now it's working, although DD26 gets upset with ME because I don't mind they go to her inlaws for dinner on Thanksgiving.....DSIL's Mom LOVES that holiday and I could care less. I have said if they want to go there; they can!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #103

Rehearsal dinner went great. Bridezilla driving me a bit nuts. It is all about her of course but rehearsal dinner was about those who came from out of town.

5:30 wake up. Not sure why we all need to be in her room at 6 when we leave at 9:15. Wedding at 11:30 and we will be there at 10. Ketubah signing at 10:45 ish. Ketubah Jewish marriage license.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like a busy day ahead Debbie. Praying that it goes smoothly with bridezilla. Lol. It's almost over. Them u can take a deep breath.

I don't know what's going on for thanksgiving this year. I'm hoping we have separate family thanksgivings from the Adams family this year. I love his family but I loved our own 2 years ago!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #105
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Debbie - loved the FB pictures!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #106
Queen Bargain Shopper

Great pics I have seen too, Debbie!
You looked beautiful! Loved your dress, from what I could see, and I told you it would be a beautiful day! Can't wait to see more!

Great weekend. Spent the entire day with DD on Saturday - she is like an energizer bunny - I kept asking if she wanted to go home and she said "Mom, I deal with 111 7th graders, on my feet, all day long - this is nothing!" She is a great example of what a pregnant woman should be.....happy, beautiful, and loving being pregnant!

Yesterday I cooked some more for DD and DSIL....cleaned, laundry, ran to Target since I forgot a few things and ended up with a couple Christmas presents! DH came home from his trip to visit his folks/my folks. I worked out, made a great dinner, worked on JA, did some redecorating......... I certainly got the most out of yesterday.

This week is BON JOVI!!!! I switched my late days as the concert is tomorrow - there are 7 in my group, and then we are meeting a bunch of other gals for a drink before dinner.....I think there's gotta be about 20 of us total!! It should be fun.

Kelly - another busy weekend for you?
Becky - you haven't been around much lately.
Jenn - I know what weekends with littles are like - BUSY!!!
Kaye - you peeking in at ALL?
MK - did you recoup from your week with your BFF???

Well, gang - hoping you all had a great weekend. Love you all!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #107

Not even sure where to begin.

My dress fit great. Shoes were changed to ballet flats once inside.

Day started at 6am eating breakfast as I knew that I wouldn't eat till after 2 and then what they were having wasn't for me.

Went to Becca's room for makeup. I should have just done my own. Becca looked great but it all took too long and we were 45 minutes behind schedule and pictures before the ceremony didn't all happen.

The trek from the lodge to ceremony site was by golf cart 4-5 people at a time. Needless to say we started late. Guests were given hot beverages,home made scones, donuts. No bathrooms though.

Reception was disjointed and food not our choice. They kept running out of things because people were starving and there wasn't enough items and cocktail hour only had fruit. They didn't want to spend more and wouldn't listen to my input.

Cake was OK.

Plenty of soda,wine,beer and scotch as we paid for it. DJ was good and listened to our choices. Again we paid. Music for ceremony and dinner was good.

Wedding service was wonderful. I froze.

Had dinner out last night with cousins,niece and her boyfriend, brother and family,dad, mom and her hubby. We were all really hungry as wedding food was not filling or really plentiful. Not how I would do things.

Sarah and Michael already discussing their wedding. Not engaged. Will give Michael one of my diamonds. Maybe in a year. She told me her dad has saved money for their weddings.

Isabella did great.

I don't have many photos. Those I do are from other people.

Taking dad to airport soon.

Back to work Wednesday. Feel like I am getting another cold. All those kisses from people.

Our rehearsal dinner was great. Not cheap but less then fancier places. Also people didn't have to pay to park in a garage in downtown Frederick location.

My son is happy. That is most important thing. Wish they didn't have to wait till January for honeymoon. They want to go on a cruise.

Being with friends and family priceless!!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-
We had a fun kid filled weekend...
Thursday, I picked up DS16's friend at the airport and they had games Thursday afternoon/evening. Friday was homecoming and normally they introduce all of the fall Varsity athletes at the homecoming pep rally so I went, they went 30 minutes longer than they were supposed to and they only introduced the seniors on the football team, so...
We left for DS16's game in Orange County right after the pep rally (and because it went over they didn't have time for lunch before jumping in cars and going) I stopped at the grocery store on the way out of town so the kids could eat in the car (I had one of our team managers from the girls team) We had our little freeway adventure on the way to the game (we were pretty much in the middle of a marine base when the tire blew so a huge distance from anywhere as far as trying to explain to roadside service where we were)
The boys had a bonfire planned for Friday night and I waited up on them to come in. Saturday they had an early morning with another day full of games and since they knew they would be pressed for time several of them decided to skip the homecoming dance and they came here to hang out instead. They weren't exactly quiet so DH and I woke up several times when we heard excitement over whatever game they were playing. (we were all tired yesterday, but I don't mind hearing them in the middle of the night because then I know they are still here) (there were boys in and out of the "mancave" all day Saturday between games too, DH was mostly here with them) (I did hear some complaints from moms of girls that were going with some of the boys that decided to go to the dance because they didn't have time to have dinner or take pictures, it was just get in the car and go to the dance)

Debbie, I loved seeing the pics on fb! It looked like a beautiful happy day. I'm sure you noticed the problems more than others did as the mother of the groom. I'm sure you are relieved it is done.

Cindy, glad your DD is still feeling good. We're all waiting excitedly for your new grandson! Did they pick a name yet? Are they making everyone wait before they share his name?
Bon Jovi sounds like so much fun! Jealous!

MK, I'm sure you had a super fun week with your friend. How is Merlin doing? Is he finally moving up in his puppy training or is he still training you?

Becky, you must be busy too.

Jenn, do your kiddos all have their Halloween costumes picked out? DS16 tells me he is dressing up again. We have a bucket of costumes they still play with so I'm sure he'll come up with something entertaining.
(hope they accept your bid on the house, for you all)

Kaye, pop in and say hi, we miss your happy funny posts!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like an awesome day, some things the guy doesn't have say cu of the brides family. We gave beads family more say than we should have. Especially if hind sight was fore site! It looked beautiful and u looked beautiful Debbie!

Been sick, bronchitis is kicking my butt! Alyssa is on her way to the doctor now. She has the same thing but not as bad yet cuz Kim didn't wait as long as I did. Gracie will probably be there by weeks end.

Haircut at 11, have to pick my packet up for the ghosts and goblin walk/run tomorrow night but unless I have a miraculous recovery I won't be going into the night air. Gotten chilly here, snow showers on Wednesday and Thursday, lemon tree and key limes are back inside til spring. Bet they're not happy but I'm sure they don't want to get frosted!!!!

Now to await Cindy's baby grandson's arrival. Can't wait for you to be part of the grandparents club!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #110

Can't wait for Cindy to be a grandma.

He is going to be handsome!!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #111

Bella and her mommy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (44.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #112

Will only let me post one photo at a time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (49.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #113

Upload three one comes up.

Billy and Isabella.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #114

You can see my dress but covered by pashmina.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (39.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #115

Can see my shoes too.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #116

One of my favorite.

Need to upload some of other son.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (48.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #117

Sarah and Michael our next wedding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #118

Bridesmaids
Old 10-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #119

Bridesmaids again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by debbiedo; 10-21-2013 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Turn photo
Old 10-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #120

All fixed

Last edited by debbiedo; 10-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Fix
Closed Thread