Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Sexier for Santa Challenge

to the Sexier for Santa Winter Solstice Challenge! This is a continuation of the Awesome by Autumn Challenge and many seasonal challenges before, but newcomers are certainly welcome! The challenge will be ending on Winter Solstice, December 21st.

What will you do to make sure you're Sexier for Santa this year?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Carryover from old thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Congrat's Gina!

Tami~ good job on the numbers today. Do only what feels right to you! I know how important your goals are to you, so ya gotta do what only feels right and doable for you. ♥
Old 09-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, hello there, Santa!

I cannot even believe we are talking about the holidays again! Phew, where did this year go! Man, last year for Dec. I was dealing sickness and a trip to Vegas that damn near killed me.

I'm gonna say 20lbs for this challege. As of right now that would put me at 227'ish. I'd add 5lbs to that but I got that trip to LA in Oct. and I ain't promising to be an angel while I'm there Well, no, I take that back. I really cannot handle beer anymore so maybe I will end up being good. At any rate, I'll call an even 20 and be happy if there's more at the end of this thing. How's that?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 09-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

It's crazy how fast the time flies by! Though I don't really wonder why with how busy this morning has been! Seems like I've been doing at least 2 things at once all morning... and the laundry buzzer just went off! It can wait. Whew.

If I counted correctly the challenge is just about 12 weeks and I had 175 in my mind as a goal anyway, so a pound a week? Even with the occasional night off? Should be doable. I hope! So 175 it is!

I like to post the old challenge stats at the beginning of the challenge just to keep track and remind myself of how far I've come. Even though last challenge was a... um... learning experience... we really are all doing so well! Sticking to it is the hardest part, especially when the scale isn't moving. Thank you all for helping me stick to it and keeping me accountable even when things aren't going well!

Summer Challenge 270/238/220 (2012)
Autumn Challenge 238/220/199
End of the World 220/208/199
Swing Into Spring 208/194/199 (2013)
Slimmer by Summer Challenge 194/188/180
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 188/189/178
Old 09-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Look how far you've come! That is truly an inspiration

I am determined to finally have a completely successful challenge, for once.

I am hopeful that I've found what will get me to my goal weight. I love this plan and I feel really good. It does require me to show up and be present every single day, every single moment. I need that. It's too easy for me to just tune out and go on autopilot. This requires me to be planning and preparing ahead of time in order to remain successful. I feel good knowing that I am taking the time to do it, because it means that I care about ME. Ironically, I'm also working on other aspects of my life that don't even relate to weight loss, but somehow makes it all click. Go figure, Chris Powell actually knows what he's talking about?! This is why I will continue to "trust the process" just like he keeps saying to do!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
I am ready to get sexy for Santa!!!

I am with Tami a lbs a week sounds doable to me so I am going for 164 this challenge!

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/176/164
Old 09-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Liz, you're getting downright skinny! You must feel so good! Big kudos to you!

Danielle, I love love love that things are just clicking for you right now! It certainly shows up on the scale & I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. So happy for you!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
12 weeks. Well the last challenge was EPIC fail for me. Started at 169 ended at 173! OOPS!

Start: 173
Goal: 165

8 freaking pounds in 12 weeks. You would think that is doable. I am geared up to make it happen!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Look how far you've come! That is truly an inspiration
Almost forgot to say THANKS

It seems to be taking soooo long this time. It'll be two years in February, but most of you can easily see why it's slow this time around. It's perfectly ok. I'm in much better shape than I was & will only continue to improve. The timing doesn't really matter that much this time around... surely another reason it's slow slow slow, but my life focus is just different than when I blew through the pounds the last two times. It's all good!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Danielle - You are so focused, I am in AWE!!!!!!

Tami - time does fly by doesn't it??? WOW look at all those GREAT numbers

Liz - You too, your numbers are great. Not sure I add much, except a lot of flapping of my jaws (or the typing of my fingers)!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
12 weeks. Well the last challenge was EPIC fail for me. Started at 169 ended at 173! OOPS!

8 freaking pounds in 12 weeks. You would think that is doable. I am geared up to make it happen!
Past is in the past. We can do this!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Liz - You too, your numbers are great. Not sure I add much, except a lot of flapping of my jaws (or the typing of my fingers)!
Monica, you are the most supportive person... don't ever stop those fingers!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Liz, you're getting downright skinny! You must feel so good! Big kudos to you!

Danielle, I love love love that things are just clicking for you right now! It certainly shows up on the scale & I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. So happy for you!
Thanks honey! I just *feel* better. I feel clean from the inside out. Sounds funny, but it's how I feel--interesting feeling that eating clean can give you. I'm truly enjoying tasting my food in a different way this time around in different combinations. Very freeing to keeping things simple and pure.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Summer Challenge 270/238/220 (2012)
Autumn Challenge 238/220/199
End of the World 220/208/199
Swing Into Spring 208/194/199 (2013)
Slimmer by Summer Challenge 194/188/180
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 188/189/178
Just. Wow. Look at how far you've come!
I like your Santa pic, too.

I'm going to keep it real simple this challenge: JUDDD, 500/2000.

My focus this time will be "putting one foot correctly in front of the other", not looking at the results. I'll count up the days I get it right - and take notes when I don't get it right - to see if I can figure out what sets me off course.

To stay focused on the process, not the result, I plan to avoid weighing myself until the end of the challenge (if at all). Of course, we all know me better than that but that's my plan.

The kid's home with an ear infection today so I can't stay long but welcome back everyone!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, it was not an epic fail. I don't see it that way, anyways! Yes, you CAN meet that goal this time around, I know you can.
Thanks for the support, it means alot
Old 09-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandNewMe
Stats: 269.0/249.2/140.0
Start Date: 3/14/14
I wanna join!

I NEED this challenge.

I see some of you ladies have really shed some pounds - GREAT job!

Do we just come in and post our weight daily or weekly for this challenge?

Or just pop in to support each other?

Either way, I'm IN
Old 09-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, BrandNewMe! We basically pop in and support each other. Most of us make it here every couple of days at least, but it's really up to you. You can see some of us set a weight goal and some, like Lynne, set an accountability goal. Again, up to you! Sounds like you're off to a great start already! Good for you!

Lynne, I love your goal of simply sticking to your rotations and keeping track of what throws you off. Sounds like a fabulous path to success! Glad you like Santa pic. There were some racier ones that fit the challenge name, but I didn't want anyone to have to hide their screen from the kids while reading our challenge <gg>. Speaking of kids, so sorry to hear about Gavin's ear. Poor punkin

Monica, I'm with Danielle, I don't see it as a failure either... a learning experience is what I've chosen to call it

Danielle, I don't know that I've ever felt clean from the inside, but I certainly can tell when I'm eating correctly for me and how much better I feel. I've been a ball of energy today. Thank goodness, cause God knows my house needed the extra energy

Have a great weekend, ladies! Love ya all!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowdancer79
Stats: 202/175/150 5'8" restart 10.01.12
I'm kind of terrible at challenge threads, don't feel like I respond enough to people's posts, but I do need a steady group, and I do want to be sexier for Santa!! If you don't mind another member???
Old 09-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hellooooooo ladies!!!

Excited and feeling very positive about this challenge..
Starting at 201.... aiming for 180 by the end of the challenge

Last two challenges haven't had much of an impression... apart from the scales going up - not fair!!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Brenda~ so glad you decided to join! Great little group here, I think you'll like it. You can come in here and do whatever you want. We talk ALOT just so ya know. Usually about stuff that doesn't even pertain to weight loss.

Tami~ Yeah, I can't really explain it. Maybe it's just that I feel really good inside? Mainly, my insides don't feel like sludge and my stomach isn't trying to excape via my belly button...and I sure don't miss that beach ball feeling or look.

snowdancer79~ C'mon in, the water's warm! Steady is definitely what these ladies are, they've given me a whole lot of balance over the last year.

Gina~ you & me are going for the "20". We can do this!
-------------------

So, dinner out last night. I did relatively well. I really cut down on everything and had NO beer. I made a point to consume some of those "free" calories throughout the day so all of them wouldn't be sitting there so late in the night. I only bounced up +.8 which I'm sure is mostly water--I had 2 diet cokes last night..I know....sinner.

Exactly 2 weeks til our lil trip to LA. Finally, the end is in sight. Praying like heck I meet my little challenge goal of 10lbs by then.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grubchow
Stats: 216/195/155, 5'5"F
WOE: no sugar, very little grains
Start Date: restart Aug 2011
Hello! If it's not too late, I'd love to join this challenge! You all sound like a really nice and supportive group. Posting on this board definitely helps me stay accountable.

I am working on lifting weights, trying to build muscle, and walking, all to recover from a knee injury (torn meniscus) that hampered my exercise for far too much of 2013.

My goal is to lose #12 by the end of the challenge. I usually weigh myself once a week, so I will post my progress.

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

grubchow! The more the merrier, jump in wherever!! Your goal sounds very doable, I'm excited to see you meet it in the coming months.

How's everyone's weekend going? I can't believe it's almost over. That's not fair!

I lost my +.8 gain and lost an additional -.4 this morning. Thank goodness I'm not going to have to worry about trying to get rid of it for the next 4 days I'm actually kinda surprised I was able to lose all that, as I kinda felt my food was sort of lacking for the day. Dunno what happened just felt sorta blah all day. I ate, but I don't think it was as strong a combination of foods as it could've been and I missed my gallon water goal by about 32oz.. just wasn't feeling it. Today I have promised myself to turn it around and make it a stellar day--I wanna keep seeing those losses!

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend and ready to get back to it in the morning!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Snowdancer & Grubchow!

Gina, I love your new profile pic!

Danielle, great job losing that .8 so quickly along with another .4... very nice turnaround!

We did go out to Mexican last night & I very much enjoyed my birthday dinner & drinks. There were 9 of us at dinner and I'm so grateful I decided to go that route and was able to invite them all. Hubby, our neighbor, DS21 and I went and played darts after (w/ more birthday drinks). It was a blast playing with the kiddo. Glad his girlfriend was busy for the night Us mommies still like to steal them every once in a while . Unlike your plan, Danielle, low carb typically isn't as forgiving (as you know), but hopefully by mid week my celebration pounds will be gone
Old 09-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw, I'm SO glad that it all worked out and you're happy with your decision! Yes, there's something about having that boy all to yourself that I absolutely LOVE.

Yanno, I worried about how this plan was going to affect weight loss, and my initial thought was there is no way I'm going to have any losses consuming carbs several times a week, and ALL day long at that! But, for whatever reason it works. I'm not chasing down the small fluctuations anymore and so far it's nice not to have to stress.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Danielle! It was a great night

I have to admit that I'm really really impressed with Chris Powell's plan and it certainly is working well for you! Very cool.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

You and me both! Yanno how you see stuff on "tv" and think, hmmmmm. So you can imagine my skepticism when I started. I loved his book and everything he had to say so that's why I opted to try. It's almost like my body "does" like carbs but just in small small amounts several times a day instead.. It's nice to not have to be afraid of them and know that I can eat as normally as everyone else.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Hi, everyone!!

to all the newcomers, we're glad to have you on board!

to Tami, and on celebrating with the mexican food you love and all those loving people with you!

Danielle, Chris Powell looks good on you!

I'm so glad you've found a plan that's working and is workable for your lifestyle and everything and that the scale is cooperating. I'm not sure how to say all that, but you've been hanging in there a long time and you deserve a break already. I just know this challenge is going to be YOURS!!

Gina, you are so beautiful! I love your new avatar pic!!

Me... yesterday's DD went well, 520 calories. Close enough; nobody likes a perfectionist, Lynne.

It is storming out here on the coast. It's been raining sideways for...let's see. This is the third day. Hopefully the electricity stays on.

UD today - so far so good. Reading, writing, playing computer games. Staying out of the rain.

I need a ticker for my signature so I can mark off the days I did good. Any suggestions?

Happy Sunday, all!!

Lynne
Old 09-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Lynne! Oh what I wouldn't give for just a little bit of your rain. I know it's probably not so fun when it's days on end like it's been, but man, here I get soooo tired of just bright hot sun, yanno! Needless to say, your day sounds very cozy and inviting.

Looks like you've been doing awesome plan wise!!
JUDDD definitely agrees with you!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'm trying, I really am. For whatever reason this really clicks with me right now. I'll take whatever I can get. I'm not experiencing huge losses like some people do with this particular cycle, but I'm ok with how mine's going. For one, I haven't begun exercise yet. I just can't seem to "get there" yet, but I do know I have to sooner or later. I know I'll feel better! As long as I can continue to see little drops consistently it's totally alright by me. I figure if I'm not feeling deprived and the numbers are changing the right way, why mess up a good thing?
Old 09-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, you're really in the groove, aren't you? Great job with those rotations! Sorry, I'm not familiar with any of the tickers but surely there's one that will count days for you. We could use some rain, but I'm not really fond of it. Hope it lets up soon! I'm sure Gavin is going stir crazy by now! How's his ear, btw?

Danielle, I've been slacking on exercise big time... and you know what? I swear I lose better when I don't exercise. I do miss it and will probably get back to at least doing a few long walks a week, though. My life as a runner was sadly very short lived.... someday I'll get back to that again, too. I've finished C25K twice now and it's SO motivating, but the thrill wanes very quickly when you skip a few days! Ooops
Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Having a proper catch up ladies so bear with me for a long one....

Quote:
I cannot even believe we are talking about the holidays again!
Tell me about it.. October tomorrow?? How??
I remember going out for a friends birthday last year and nearly killing myself in an attempt to wear killer heels for the first time in years.. not my smartest hour!

Quote:

You can do it Monica... this will be the challenge we all whoop a$$ with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMe View Post
I wanna join!

I NEED this challenge.

I see some of you ladies have really shed some pounds - GREAT job!

Do we just come in and post our weight daily or weekly for this challenge?

Or just pop in to support each other?

Either way, I'm IN
feel free to pop in, have a moan and a groan and share your ups and downs of your weight loss journey with us... we're all along for the ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdancer79 View Post
I'm kind of terrible at challenge threads, don't feel like I respond enough to people's posts, but I do need a steady group, and I do want to be sexier for Santa!! If you don't mind another member???
Nice to see lots of newbies on here, I need to participate more this thread I feel like I was away with the fairies for most of the last one!

Quote:
Gina~ you & me are going for the "20". We can do this!
Hell YES!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubchow View Post
Hello! If it's not too late, I'd love to join this challenge! You all sound like a really nice and supportive group. Posting on this board definitely helps me stay accountable.
My goal is to lose #12 by the end of the challenge. I usually weigh myself once a week, so I will post my progress.
Have a great weekend!
12 lbs is definitely doable and we're all here with you to motivate!

Quote:
Gina, I love your new profile pic!
We did go out to Mexican last night & I very much enjoyed my birthday dinner & drinks. There were 9 of us at dinner and I'm so grateful I decided to go that route and was able to invite them all. Hubby, our neighbor, DS21 and I went and played darts after (w/ more birthday drinks). It was a blast playing with the kiddo. Glad his girlfriend was busy for the night Us mommies still like to steal them every once in a while . Unlike your plan, Danielle, low carb typically isn't as forgiving (as you know), but hopefully by mid week my celebration pounds will be gone
Thank you feels like a million years ago!
I'm sure those celebration pounds will be gone soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Gina, you are so beautiful! I love your new avatar pic!!

Me... yesterday's DD went well, 520 calories. Close enough; nobody likes a perfectionist, Lynne.
Thank you .... Taken in Shibuya Tokyo in 2008 I spent a month out there after a week in Greece, I've not been out of the UK since so our holiday to Tenerife next July is much needed... just need to lose these pounds first!

Kudos on the good DD too!!

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Closed Thread