Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
I hope this works, here are pics of the cuties!

IMG-20131008-00418.jpg

IMG-20131008-00420.jpg

Elk Grove-20131014-00447.jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Oh STACY how cute!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Awwww, cute kitties! Sorry for the extra 'e' in the previous post
Old 10-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm tired. So so tired.

I'm behind everywhere today, including here!

All in all, trip was ALOT of fun.
We did spend a total of over 12 hrs in the car...sat/stood in line outside for nearly 8 hrs, then stood another 2hrs inside the venue. Food was so-so.. I did ok with what I had available to me. Yard House I got a side salad and a half of a turkey/cheese sandwichi which I chucked the bread.. then DH wanted this sandwich place around the corner so I ended up with another sandwich which I picked the bread off again. They had homemade chips which I had probably 5. All of it tasted so super salty tho' so I don't think I even finished all of any of it. Water is a whole other icky story...I barely had any. No bathroom nearby which is what I had feared--yep, min. 10 minute walk to it...I was not about to chug water like I do at home, to only have to go again 20min. later! Otherwise, I'd have literally just been back & forth all day
Sunday was not a very good food day at all...and again, hardly any water due to the trip back home..

Scale was up 2.4 from my lowest..I expected it. I am sore from the top of my head down to my toes. My neck is killing me--we were so close to the stage that I spent hours literally with my neck craned back.. The price ya pay, I guess!

I have 24 hrs to try and get down to at least 244 to try and win & beat my 4 week challenge... crossing my fingers, but I'm not holding my breathe! I accepted before we left that I would probably NOT make it. It is what it is.

Show was amazeballs. I met some really cool people who I think will be friends for a long time. DH was a trooper despite this not being entirely his cuppa... he also had some drunky woman behind him who kept knocking into him, grabbing his shoulder, bonking him on the head as she tried desperately to get pictures over him..

There's a few pics in my journal. Got alot of really great pics this time, I'm so glad!

Now, off to try and catch up around here and see what ya'll have been up to!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
Start Date: 7/30/2013
What cute kitties Stacy!!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #246

Oh Danielle, you did the best you could given the circumstances !!! I will head to you journal to check out the pics!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Sounds like you had a great time Danielle.

I WANT CUTE KITTIES!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Lil Boys just aren't the same, problem is PoPo loves kitties, Buddy would love to eat kitties.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Oh Gina, you sly thing - you're tricking your body left and right; just like those football guys with their secret plays. Gottcha. I'll have to look into that more.

Monica, WOW. That was indeed a wild weekend. This week, well tomorrow is Tuesday which is almost the middle of the week and Wednesday is the middle of the week and we're now almost there. The weekend is almost here.

Am I interested in him? Yes. However, he does make me feel like I'm on the edge of a forest and perhaps I'll get lost in the woods. He is extremely passionate about a lot of things and I think perhaps he is more outspoken than I like. He is a little wild for an engineer and extremely outgoing. Wild, not in the bad sense as he abhors drugs and smoking and poor behavior. I guess, I don't know what I mean about wild, perhaps spirited and passionate. I think I fear that should I actually fall for him down the road that I will have to surrender and compromise instead of giving a dirty look and walking away for life.

He is the type that demands the whole person heart and soul without any hesitation and complete honesty. Not that I am dishonest by any means, but I do like my freedom without having to answer to anyone. He is the type that would be totally committed and involved and whom would want to know everything just for the sake of knowing, protecting and sharing. In my mind, sharing that deeply makes me feel I'd give up some of my control and actually depend on someone and trust.

Plus, he is a complete guy so I can picture him being bossy in trying to solve problems and I'd have to step back and have the respect enough not to fight with him and bat my eyelashes to back him into his corner and then explain my position as if I were a Southern Belle. I think he is as feisty as I am. I did get annoyed when he did not take the correct turn. I don't know why that annoys me with men. I know they are not perfect, but they should be!!!!

Laura, can't want to hear about your culinary adventures tonight and to see your parm recipe! Maybe you can teach me a thing or two!

Danielle,

Omg, cooped up for that long in a car? lol, what a good hubby you have. Drunky ladies. LOL funny. You're home now so you can get back on track. Loved reading about your trip. I'm so amused! Ladies poking at your dh and konking him in the head. What a good sport. How cute.

Today, since it was my day off (holiday PTO) I took DD16 to Magic Wings Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory & Gardens It took a bit over a hour to get there. It is magical inside. The first room is full of creepy giant live insects in cages with locks. Cockroaches as big as my foot and these big buys the size of my hand with pincher crab hands. YUCK. Then there were these reptile things that were the size of a half a hershy bar lengthwise that looked like monkeys. They were gross.

However, the butterflies were wonderful. The atrium was full of plants of color and scents in full flower!!! There were thousands of butterflies. One of them landed on DD!^ and would not leave her hand. Evidently the butterfly wanted her very own human.

A little girl came up to me and started to talk to me and she had the most beautiful hair bow ever. It was almost a goldish tan paisley. It was a butterfly who just landed on her to whisper secrets. That butterfly would not leave that little girl either.

However, I just got dived bombed by little kamikazes zooming around. It did not take me long to figure out there is a huge butterfly conspiracy going on and they are trying to brainwash the children one by one.

Finally Shea's little adult attitude kicked before they conquered her and they started to freak her out so we left. Little witches with wings, I said. LOL

Oh! And before all of that, we went to panera bread. Guess what? Guess what? (Now I have the "Guess what day it is? GUESSSS WHAT DAY IT IS" running through my head).

They made me an amazing breakfast. I got a bacon egg and cheese without the bread. BUT, the lady on the line asked if I wanted any veggies with it. WHAT? Oh, so I guess spinach, roasted tomatoes, olives can go on ANY sandwich. So, she put the egg on a bed of spinach, and decorated it with olives, and roasted tomatoes and topped it with bacon.

I will be going there more often for breakfast now that I know this little secret! Yay! Who knew this and did not tell me? Evidently my daughter the manager knew!! I have a 22 year old as well who just graduated college, but she is a manager there.

Anyway, DD16 and I went to Yankee Candle in South Deerfield. FUN! Lots of activity today due to the Holiday. There was a band, a man who made balloon animals....oh, he made one for me: A black cat with a pink nose and blue eyes, right down to my specifications. Believe me, I did not make it easy for him! I was playing with him though and he knew it. lol lol lol BUT, he did it.

I let DD on the mass pike for the first time today and she did really well. She never went on a highway before. Then, we switched at the toll booth as I did not want her driving through springfield.

Afterwards we went to an empty parking lot and I made her drive backwards around little islands of trees. She HATES me. LOL But, muscle memory......and she may need that skill someday. Besides, it was fun to see her suffer after the misery she puts me through! I'm totally kidding. I really want her to have these race car skills. It is important I feel in case of an emergency where she just needs to drive backwards for any reason and she will be more comfortable backing up just in general.

So, that was my day. Oh went to see my cousin who decorated her a cupcake like a cat to match our new balloon pet, but only saw her for a few minutes.

Dinner was leftover meatballs and dreamfield pasta.

Ok, my work week will much less exciting than this weekend. Perhaps even borish. Tomorrow the guy wants to meet me for salad. LMAO! He misses me already.

Other than that, work work work, a batch of laundry, work work work and nothing else to look forward until Thursday as DD16 and I are going to go to Olive Garden. THEN, perhaps driving! I love this driving thing; she has to surrender her cell phone and then it is complete quality time and since she is driving the rule is nobody can argue with the other person over any issue or raise their voice. Quality time seems to come out and I love it. I'll take her driving any day if it means the cell is locked up in the glove compartment and the radio is off - I find out all sorts of stuff now!!! I think the STATE should insist on 300 hours of driving before a kid gets their license just so the parents get their kids all to themselves for just a little while without their friends, the phone or other media! LOL LOL LOL

Ok, I'm out of words and not at all excited about food right now...my attention will have to turn towards squats now.....

Someone else's turn now!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Here's where I keep alot of my recipes that I like Atkins 72 induction buddy I add new ones all the time cuz I can't just stick with what's in the cookbook I always want to make something new.
The pics are the Primavera casserole and the creamed spinach I made with the extra sauce cuz I made a whole batch instead of half.

Chicken Primavera Casserole
Primavera
1 chicken breast
olive oil
salt and pepper
1/4 red onion
1/4 green pepper, chopped
1/4 yellow pepper, chopped
3 small zucchini, Julianned
1C Italian blend cheese
veggies of choice
garlic cream sauce

Garlic Cream Sauce
olive oil
1 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/4 C white wine
1/3 C frozen chopped spinach
1/2 C HWC
1/4 C water
1/2 - 1 C shredded Parmesan (not the green can stuff)
3 oz Cream cheese

For Garlic Cream Sauce:
Drizzle a little olive oil in the pan, add garlic and saute for just a moment or two, do not burn. Add the coconut flour and cook for a moment. Add HWC, water, wine and spinach to the flour mixture. Bring to a boil. Add cream cheese stir until blended. Add Parmesan and stir until blended. Set aside.

Primavera:
Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Saute chicken in oilive oil with salt and pepper. Set aside. Dice or chop your veggies and saute in a bit of olive oil with salt and pepper until they are soft. Set aside. I used broccoli and cauliflower as the extra veggies so I steamed them in the microwave. Saute zucchini. Mix zucchini with cooked chicken, veggies and sauce. Spread into 8x8 baking dish and cover with cheese. Bake 25 minutes at 350 or until cheese is brown and dish is bubbly hot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (34.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (58.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Hello to everyone on the board!

I know - these kitties are so fun, I adore them. We will be introducing them to our adult cat in stages; right now they are living in my DD19 room (who is away at college), and soon we will somehow gate them at the door so our older cat (he's 7) can view them. He's kind of skittish, so I'm not sure how this will go as of yet. We have some items (pillows that they have slept on) in the room that we will bring out for him to sniff out this week. He knows something is going on in that room

Danielle - glad you had a good time!

Gina - I ADORE cats, so I would have a blast doing what you do! I also forget how fun kittens can be. I can't stop staring at them - its utter cuteness around here!

Laura - thanks for the primavera recipe; adding that to my to-make file.

Dinner tonight: turkey meatloaf and mashed cauliflower.

I had a severe chocolate craving today but resisted the urge to cave. Its was kind of painful, but I got through the day thank goodness.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle! Awesome pics! Sounds like you had a fabulous time & I'm so glad! Kudos to you for trying to stick to it and not just throwing in the towel!

Maureen, what a great day! Before I even got down to the bottom of your post I was already reminiscing about teaching my boys to drive & how much I loved it. You're completely right. It's a wonderful bonding experience! Good stuff

Laura, yum yum yum yum yum! Thanks for sharing your recipes with us!

Glad you're enjoying the kitties, Stacy. They're so much fun

Hubs is working late, so I'm either making quick hamburgers or he'll grab something on the way home. Haven't quite decided yet. I DID get my walk in today... finally!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post
Oh Gina, you sly thing - you're tricking your body left and right; just like those football guys with their secret plays. Gottcha. I'll have to look into that more
Ha I like that thought Maureen.. I love reading your posts, it's like a whole new chapter each time - you should write a book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
I ADORE cats, so I would have a blast doing what you do! I also forget how fun kittens can be. I can't stop staring at them - its utter cuteness around here!
Those kittens are totally adorable... that tabby is like my George who is currently on a diet as he was getting so fat his tummy was bald because it was rubbing on the stairs - bless him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Hubs is working late, so I'm either making quick hamburgers or he'll grab something on the way home. Haven't quite decided yet. I DID get my walk in today... finally!
We've got out of the habit of going for a walk after dinner like we had been doing. It seems to have been one thing or another that's stopped us either me being to tired to actually move, having a bit of a flare or Wayne hurting his back.. seriously need to get back on it though x
______

Thought I'd share my babies...

This is Anni (Champion Naughtypaw Anastasia) with her Mum, Baillee (Champion Merrydancer Baillee) Anni is such a lucky girl having permanent eye liner!

We also have 2 moggies, Mo who's 13 and George (the fat tabby) and Ruin who's a Maine Coon and a complete baby x

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 10-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Morning all!

Weeeeee bit tired this morning.

Ok, Laura, we need to get you a Tiara. That looks so good. I was looking at the ingredients for the cheese sauce but did not recognize HWC and google showed non food results. I am unaware of that Acronym.

Stacy, Big cats, little cats.... upstairs, downstairs. All I could think of was dogs in cars saying hello to each other while you're getting the cats ready for their meet and greet.

Gina, you have kitties tooo! With makeup! Awwww, beautiful. Precious! All I have is dust bunnies and nobody wants to come play with them ever. Your moggies's names are so cute. I don't know what a moggie is nor a main coon so I can't figure out the context.

Tami, how old are your kids? Was the walk up hill or down hill? Fast or slow? How long was it? I like hearing this stuff so I can Ya, I can do that too and actually attempt!

I have no idea what I want to wear to work. How about a football jersey and leggings? Sigh....no leggings and I'd be called on the carpet, surely.

Clients are coming in 6 days. I have to get my outfits in. I'm so worried because mercury will be in retrograde and that never bodes well for me.

I had the worst carb dream ever. I was at the guy's house in my dream and he had two little girls and his ex wife was there. She was not a threat, but her brown clothes were. Anyway, I told him him I'd make dinner, but I opened the fridge and it was stocked with Hostess foods, danish and all things colorful. Boxes of beautiful art work, marketed and targeted for items to blow up your thighs. He does not have little girls.

Anyway, I should get ready for work and shake off my dream of cupcakes.

Oh, I wanted to say something to someone who posted about chocolate and I forget who as I was sidetracked.

YES! Good job for fighting that craving off!!! I had to fight it off too the other day. All I wanted was a mouthful of M&Ms that I could swirl around like Moraccas (sp) and then crunch down on the candy shell and savor the chocolate. We are not talking about a dainty little bite. We are talking something expected from Agustus Gloop!!!

You, know, now that I am thinking about it - I think Charlie and the Chocolate factory was the original survivor should you really stop and think about it..... Hmmmmmm

I'm too lazy to even think about breakfast. See, poor planning is what gets me into trouble. I am so good on plan if I am organized. Hiiiiiievvaaa, I had an amazing weekend and now I am paying the price...... I have to high tail it into the shower and think about what I want to wear and what I am going to eat. That seems to be where all my problems are solved in the morning washing them right out of my hair.....

Stay on plan...if only for another minute... no chocolate....
Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Heavy Whipping Cream
Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Gina, it's so easy for me to slip out of the habit of exercise. It did feel good to get out there and get it done, but it's still something I have to force myself to do... and I hadn't done so in about a month... so, yeah

Maureen, my 'boys' are 19 & 21. The oldest went away to school and then bounced back home after two years. He seems to have his path figured out at this point, though. Both are in community college, though the younger is definitely less settled as far as his future is concerned. Probably pretty normal at this point and I'm not sweating over it. They've been told they have all the time they need as long as there are no dependents involved

My neighborhood is a mostly flat suburban neighborhood, though there was a decent incline for the first maybe 1/3 of my walk. The way I went yesterday I actually skirt two different parks. I walked through the one that has a couple of 'nature' trails through it - though there's really no nature - it's just not landscaped in that section of the park. lol I guess I would say it was of moderate length, but definitely pretty slow, coming in at 3.3 miles in about 55 minutes. The app I use estimated that I burned over 400 calories, though, so I'll take it

Ugh, I remember having carb dreams in the past. Thankfully none in a very very long time, but they were definitely a part of this process in the beginning. Those colorful boxes do seem to be everywhere, don't they?

Happy Tuesday everyone... one day closer to the weekend

Last edited by misscobi; 10-15-2013 at 05:46 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #256

Maureen my DS14 has his permit, so I am right there with you in full on teaching driving! It can be very very scary!

Gina love your cats too!

Laura that looks awesome!

Tami - have a great day girl! Sounds like a lovely walk!

Yesterday was a rough day. Had a massive headache. Rivaled the migraines I was plagued with early in my life....thankfully it is just a dull ache today. Ill timed as yesterday I left the house at 7:00 a.m. and returned after 7:30 p.m. Conferences for DS14....they all raved about him. Makes me wonder if they pulled the wrong child's file! KWIM? I mean, he is a mess at home. School, polite, helps others...Spanish 2 teacher said, he got 100% on a oral test that almost the entire class failed (and most are Juniors in the class and he is a freshman). So even with the head, I felt GOOD inside! If that makes sense??

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 10-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girls, I had a blast!

Tami~ I touched P!nk's arm. She was RIGHT in front of me.. I was like a giddy school girl Matter a fact, there were 5 of us just dying over the fact she was right in our faces practically. It was awesome!
So proud of you for getting that walk in! What app do you use? PM me if you can't say it here I have yet to find one that is accurate!
My goal is to get some workout's in this week.
--------------------------------

Had a MAJOR surprise, the scale went DOWN and I beat my challenge goal..so I get to WIN!! 243.6--I needed 244 at minimum. I was 246.0 yesterday. Lot's of LC food and nearly 2 gallons of water...yep, it paid off!

I've gotta go so I can't post long... EVERYONE~ Have a beautiful day!!!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

Had a MAJOR surprise, the scale went DOWN and I beat my challenge goal..so I get to WIN!! 243.6--I needed 244 at minimum. I was 246.0 yesterday. Lot's of LC food and nearly 2 gallons of water...yep, it paid off!

WTG Danielle!!!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gina - are those beauties Abyssinians (sp)?
Old 10-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #260
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you Lynne!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

WooHoo Danielle!

I love that you got to be so close to Pink, too! What a thrill!

Monica, glad the head is a bit better today. LOVE that DS is surprising you in very good ways!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Monica hope your headache is gone!! Yes it makes perfect sense that your day was good when you heard all the good things about DS!!!

Danielle!!' AWESOME!!!! On Pink and meeting your challenge !! Keep it going!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Monica glad your headache is better today. Love when they are impressed with our children. It makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it?

Danielle great pics! You were right there up close and personal! Way to go!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #264
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
WooHoo Danielle!

I love that you got to be so close to Pink, too! What a thrill!

Monica, glad the head is a bit better today. LOVE that DS is surprising you in very good ways!
Absolutely the best thing EVER. And it's not just her that is fun. Her band, her dancers, backup singers are so incredibly talented. I don't like a whole lot of pop stuff, I'm very picky about it...there is something about her strength and ferocity at life that I absolutely LOVE. She's honest as hell and a total open book...rare in this day & age!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrhae View Post
Monica hope your headache is gone!! Yes it makes perfect sense that your day was good when you heard all the good things about DS!!!

Danielle!!' AWESOME!!!! On Pink and meeting your challenge !! Keep it going!!!
Thank you!!!! I've seen Pink a few times..it NEVER gets old. The challenge inspired me to really keep chugging along and that I CAN do it. I'll tell ya, I haven't lost that much weight in 4 weeks in a VERY long time, it feels awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Monica glad your headache is better today. Love when they are impressed with our children. It makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it?

Danielle great pics! You were right there up close and personal! Way to go!
I love the way most of my pics came out this time! Yes, totally up close... I was joking with my friends that we could see right up her nose....Booger check! So used to being right up front at shows but all punk rock shows...this was a piece a cake in the grand scheme
Old 10-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Punk Rock shows? Do tell... my first husband and I ran punk clubs from the time I was 17 till I was 33 and we split. He was also in bands so we traveled on nights we didn't have a club to run! Fun times! Something I miss now in my calm regular boring life. I also miss the outfits. I did vintage and designed my own outfits. I had the solo in the spotlight Barbie dress! then had to do steep stairs that night at a show, had to go down sideways and carefully.

Last edited by LauraDavis; 10-15-2013 at 05:12 PM..
Old 10-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Well, how fun are you punk rock girls? (ok, he's more rock-a-billy, but he's all we got <gg>) Punk was my genre of choice for a few years and my cousin really got involved in the punk rock scene in Santa Cruz. She actually dated Tim Armstrong and even has a brief appearance in Rancid's Salvation video. She ran away with them, rode the rails, all sorts of insanity. She's a couple of years younger than me, so other than contributing to her delinquency when she'd come visit my apartment we weren't real close during that time. I'm still kinda bummed about that as she had a blast, though she did have to endure some pretty tough stuff and will always suffer with PTSD among other issues from being out there on her own when she was so young. She's doing well, though & has a really sweet 40something punk rock boyfriend at the moment. She still lives in Santa Cruz & still goes to see all the good ole punk bands when they play at the Catalyst. Good stuff. This is making me miss her & Santa Cruz

Danielle, I think that totally explains why you love Pink so much. I've never ever been a pop girl, but have always identified with her as well. Tough as nails, but up front & honest at the same time. Love her...

Well, I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike - actually 20 then bailed & ran in place, up & down my stairs, etc., because my knee was killing me on the bike. I say it counts. So 2/5 workouts done for the week
Old 10-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Monica,

Sorry to hear about your headaches! They are like evil alien invaders. I get them too so I'm sad for ya. Yay for all the good wonderful things regarding DS! Very cool!!!

Tami, you just described a movie set. Lucky you! Strolling around in the sunshine playing lead lady. Yes, it is scary with the kids driving. She got cut off by two trucks (she was not doing anything wrong) and then a stupid car just stopped in the intersection after cutting her off and pulling out in front of her. She said she was happy I did not scream or yell at her. I guess her Dad does that. I figure if we die, we die - when it is our time its our time no matter how careful we are...and then I can go haunt people. She hit me. Why? What is wrong with haunting people I don't like? sigh...kids.

Laura, Thanks! Now for my walk of shame - that was dumb. Why did I not make that connection!?!?! doh. What did you make today?

Danielle! You're so adorable. You lost all that weight by being giddy. Did you squeal too? Too cute. Glad you had such a wonderful time. I like Pink too! I think she has a good heart. I'm so happy for you as that sounds like a lot of fun!

Well, what did we eat today?

Breakfast was almonds. Ya. I was looking at them today and due to the butterfly place yesterday all I could think of was the almonds looked like the back of beetles. Plus, since they are covered in salt they got my hands all dirty and I'm so totally out of chopsticks at work. Yes, I use chopsticks as work to keep my fingers clean.

Speaking of work, I got letters back which were not mine. My boss made me make the corrections for the girl that filled in for me. She had five rejects and I only had 1 reject from Friday which came back yesterday. We have to have under 5% errors or we get into trouble. I was not happy to have to do hers as it took me 1 hour to fix it and I have to do 30 letters a day or I get into trouble.

Lunch was Double cheeseburgers from Burger Kind - no bun.

Dinner, I almost did not eat as I was so mad. Fuming actually. That guy? Guess what? He is married. I just made the connection. He told me he was divorced in January. I did not think much about it as I went on honesty. I should have picked up on everything, but I did not.

Anyway, remember I had a bad vibe? This was why, I guess. I kept finding little holes in his stories. Then I'd ask him about it later and the story would change slightly. Then I'd wait and ask another questions....ya, I'm sly like that. Then, I'd break it out and bullet it off and tell him it did not make sense because first you did this, then you did this, then you said this.... so explain to me why as I do not understand the sequence of events.

So, today he was not happy I did not respond to his texts. I said it sounded fishy. He got defensive and went on about how busy he was. I told him, cut it out as we were all busy, but if he tells me he is going to do something at such and such a time, he better do it unless there is a valid reason, but blowing me off does not cut it with me.

Then he told me I was too un trusting and how he wished me luck. I said k! Bye!

So, that ticked me off as he was so into me and then shut off today. So, being in the field I am I have some tricks up my sleeve and did some research. People often underestimate me as I laugh and tell jokes, but I have an extreme serious side with a high intelligence and pretty much remember almost everything you tell me.

So, armed with everything he told me I went to work. There was no divorce for him in January. I checked the court records. I found his house was in foreclosure and he and his wife did go into BK back in 2004 and had some bank suits against them. As she was a defendant in those cases I found out her name and researched her.

He does has his own business and I pulled that all apart so he was very truthful there with all he told me, right down to financials. I looked those up.

Then, I found his wife's facebook and that took me a while as she hyphenated her name and looked at all the happy pictures there and all his comments to her.

Anyway, I messaged her to tell her as I'd want to know, but it went to her other folder as I am not on her friend's list. She also needs to know she needs to get tested for STDs as he said he dated 12 women in the last year. Thank God I did not sleep with him and ticked him off with my questions. I guess with my childlike fun he figured I was dumb and could not put two and two together. Did he forget what I did for living?

Well, I am relieved he was married and it was just not me be being fat and ugly. Jerk.

Needless to say he and I did not go out for dinner; I had leftover meatballs instead.

Clients are coming in tomorrow. Yep! Forgot about this set. I have to dress up tomorrow. I don't know what to wear. I'll figure it out.

Well, have a good night. I'm going to go moisturize my hair instead of diving into chocolates.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #268

Danielle - do tell, did P!NK have any boogers to see? Her abs are killer now!

Laura - yes warm and fuzzy. Then last night he mouthed off to me at home, good feeling GONE! OH TEENAGERS!

TAMI - yes it counts girl. ARe you icing that knee??? Be careful!

Wendy - how goes it? Headache is sort of back today, but mild. I will take it over Monday's!

It's HUMP DAY LADIES!!!!!!!! I have conferences for DD12 today. I am also in charge of the conference meal tonight for the teachers. SUCKER is what I am. Thankfully we had a ton of people offer to bring stuff so I only had to make deviled eggs for this. Also making a breakfast casserole for DS14's school. Conferences wrap up there tonight. I only have to go back for 1 of his teachers.

170.6 today. Had a really good DD yesterday 560c. That's great for me!

Love that commercial!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #269

maureen - what a CREEP!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me so mad! LOSER! I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!! Good ridance!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, Maureen! So glad you were able to ferret out the truth about the scumbag. I sure hope his wife sees her 'other' folder, too! Grrrrr. Glad your DD handled the emergency driving situations well! The same happened to my son when I was teaching him. Scared the crud out of both of us, but it gave me peace of mind knowing that he did handle it the best he possibly could and avoided hitting the jerk that cut him off & then stopped right in front of him for no reason. So kudos to DD for handling it like a pro

Monica, good luck with the conference & food stuffs. Great job on the new low! Hope that headache dissipates quickly! I didn't ice the knee, but that's a good idea. I just baby the heck out of it, so when it started to feel like too much I changed activities. Thankfully walking doesn't bug it much anymore at all as that's on the agenda today I was only doing 3 days a week before my little hiatus and am pushing for 5 days a week of 'something' now. We'll see how I feel by Friday...
Closed Thread