Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Whoa...back up the bus!!! There is a new pizza crust in town? I'll have to check it out! Opinions??!?!?!?! Who has made it?

Laura,

How are you able to just get er all done so quickly and without complaint? I admire that. I think that is great you were able to accomplish so much!!!

Danielle,

My goodness, are you even able to relax with all the activity around you? You're handling it well it appears. I am so VERY happy to hear the mother was upset at the behavior. Lately it seems parents are not and it just enables the same behavior which becomes more cumulative and others copy. Bad scene, but it can stop with the parents. I hope it does! That gave me hope right there for you!

No baby elephant at work. I was a bit disappointed. It was a strange day. Just strange. We ordered wings today for lunch. I rarely order food with my team. I usually just bring my lunch with me. Yummy!!!

Then I went to walmart. All my delicates do no fit. I picked up two one in black and one in purple. Now I have 4 that fit until I drop again. I hope these last for at least 2 months. I am thankful something fits me. Now if I can stomach throwing away all my beautiful soma and VS ones that are now too big. I have to do it. Then, I bought a pair of teal tights in Medium as the large/Xtra large were too big and while I was at it I bought a pair of haynes lace top stockings. I still cannot get over how inexpensive things are at Walmart. Anyway, if the lace top stockings fit I will be so happy!!! That is all I would wear before I became heavy. If one ripped, there were others that matched. Anyway, they are more beautiful than pantyhose and I hope they fit!!! I'm going to stay on my diet another day!!!

Then, DD16 and I went to the Tavern. It was an odd night there. Extremely loud. It is actually a tavern and they won't let minors in past a certain type, even for the dining room. Anyway, AWESOME food.

I had chicken quasadea (spell check is not picking that up) without the tortilla and rice. They made it special for me. They substituted perfect steamed broccoli (beautiful green color) and brought me a mini ramekin of butter on the side. Wow.

Then, we went to Sweet Frog where I got sugar free cheesecake flavored yogurt. 6 carbs for 4 oz and I did not even have 4 oz. Totally worth it. I have this about twice a month, but the sugar free flavors vary.

Now I'm doing laundry and my phone just went off telling me it was that happy time to do squats again as last time was two days ago...Really? An app is checking up on me? C'mon..... I put it on snooze.

That arm workout was awesome. I sat up straighter today and did not slouch as much.

I ate like a pig on low carb today and probably ate more than I eat in two days. BUT, sometimes that is how I actually loose. I really was not excessive, just playing. All was fair in love and war of carbs.

Ok, now I have to change before my phone starts checking up on me again and demands I do squats. I don't think it will take too kindly to me if I keep hitting snooze!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
OMG Maureen I love reading what you've been up to
Aw, too bad about the baby elephant Now that'd be something, huh?
You're doing so well with your eating! Some days just require more food, I think you did great!!! How great it feels to have to buy smaller clothes. Yes, it's spendy but what an accomplishment No more hiding from "the app"
Old 10-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #213
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grubchow
Stats: 216/195/155, 5'5"F
WOE: no sugar, very little grains
Start Date: restart Aug 2011
Good evening, ladies! What with all the talk of the teenagers (awful) stressful situations, and the move, you all made me realize that my day was pretty low-stress...despite waking up to a bunch of puke from my 3 year old! You are all strong for dealing with this stuff--that's awesome.

Down 1 more pound! I was excited to see that on the scale.

I have been reading a bit more on this "carbnite solution" plan, and the author makes it very clear that for most people who are metabolically challenged (like me) while you are encouraged to have carbs that night, that it's not a license to go "insane," like pizza and beer and bags of chips and cakes and such. More like, eat some rice, a sweet potato, a blueberry muffin... If I can keep that in mind, I'll do better. I think I'll be starting on this plan for a few months at least, and I'll let you know what I think. This challenge and typing to all of you is really helping me try and make specific plans and goals--thank you!! -Jill
Old 10-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning again!

My phone was at me again! Snooze! Ok, now I'm up. The teenager requested I was her Northface. She is going to the zoo today. Maybe that is why I'm so elephant ramped lately. I want a baby elephant!! Now please! Between her excitement for the zoo and my excitement for the zebra shirt, I've blasted myself into Africa. Next I'll want to cuddle with the lions and tigers....and bears oh my! Flying monkeys? No, thank you!

Well, I called my cousin and did my squat app after hitting snooze three times. Put her on speaker phone so she could amuse me during the squat work. I did 133 just like it requested. It breaks it up into increments. I forgot what it was yesterday...30 30 28 something something 12. Whatttttevvva! I did it, done. Yay me. I don't have to think about it until it starts yelling at me again.

The squats are good for me. It helps my balance a lot. When I don't exercise I become quite the opposite of Ms. Graceful. I'll fall down bending over on heels. When I exercise, aaahhh joy light on my feet (or so I think anyway.....lol) What is in my head is not always what it appears. Picture the old lady in the wheelchair looking at herself in the mirror with the beautiful ballerina reflection. ME!

Anyway, I won't be able to sit or stand easily today. I think I will actually have to take some pain reliever so just I can get in and out of my princess chair at work. That is what they call it. I have the best chair in my department. My old chair was more like a burlap sack. It would sink down when I sat, and the arms would go under the desk. Sometimes I'd half turn and jump up, chair would go up and get caught under the desk. Eventually the arms started to come apart. It tilted forward and was so uncomfortable. It was my old rug so to speak.

Then one day, human resources gifted me with a beautiful new chair. Out of the blue. Probably did not like the idea of a ratty old chair in their beautiful office.

Anyway, this one is slippery material and I have to wear velvet and lace to stick to it. Being only 4'11 I can't reach the floor well and if I put the chair to the height of my keyboard I am not comfy.

I forgot the point. Moving on...

Danielle, yes, it gets so expensive. I try to keep it at 7% for new clothes right now for both my daughter and I per paycheck. Cosmetics are at 3%. It is so hard for me to have expensive taste and budgeting at that while I am losing weight as I seem to have to buy clothes all the time to avoid looking frumpy. I went to white and black last week to purchase a scarf. It was sold out, but I found a beautiful teal sweater that I loved. So pretty. $80!!!! No way. Because in two months it would look frumpy on me. Should I be at goal, I'd wait to it went on sale (still pricey) and buy it and have it forever. The consignment shops and walmart seem to be keeping me content for the moment. Trying to view this day by day. One more day.

Anyway, love clothes.

Today, I think I am going to wear my gap khaki capris which are the last of its kind I pulled out of my too small box. After this, no more capris to pull out and say Yay. I want to wear them a few more times before it is cold. I love them. I think I will wear them with tan heels with an ankle strap and a burgundy cap sleeve faux drop cowl neck tee from express. This top was a consignment store find and I love it. It was just a few dollars and I get compliments each time I wear it. Love it!

This morning I am going to go to the cafe for breakfast. I go every Friday morning and sit at the bar. I get flavored coffee a side of bacon and scrambled eggs. I love this place. Each table is from the 60's and is vintage. The plates are from tag sales as well as the flatware. Everything is different for each setting. The salt and pepper are so cute and vary. Love this place. My reward for getting through the work week. Plus the company is kewlll. There is the florist man, the trainer, and various others that wander in to amuse me. Plus, there are flat screens and I can watch the news. Then I leave to go to work.

So that sums up breakfast. For lunch, I am going to have leftover cabbage and meatballs. My favorite. Yummy. See, staying on plan is pretty easy for me. =) If I eat fat, I'm not hungry.

Jill, now I am curious and have to read about carbnite. Down 1 pound! Whoooooooo! Good job! Hope your three year old is ok!!!!! Wait until they are teenagers and do that all over your car like mine did a few weeks ago!!! Talk about gross and icky.

Ok, my kitty cat alarm went off now which means it is 6am and I have to get moving! Play time is now OVA!

Have a great day!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:06 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

I don't proof when I am not at work. Oh my! If any of my co-workers saw this they would die. I was talking about the washing of the Northface requested by my daughter and was going to say YAY! it is cold outside if she is requesting her jacket be ready! Cooler weather finally!!! I am so happy...ok, now that I cleared up that typo and randomness....back to regular programming....
Old 10-11-2013, 04:09 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Lol Maureen you do make me chuckle x
Old 10-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #217
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Danielle I agree, I would not go back to High School or even college for that matter!

Tami - When is your sister moving? Is that still happening??

Laura - don't pay that $250, call a competitor company and I bet they will set you up for FREE! No reason at all to pay the $250, way too many other options!

Gina - how goes it??? Big plans this weekend?

Lynne - how's our Gavin doing? Happy and HEalthy? My Vampires????

Stacy How goes it???
Old 10-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #218

Grub I hope your little one is ok! Puking is NO FUN either!

Maureen - with that many squats, going to the bathroom might be a challenge too! Sitting down and getting up.....no pain, no gain, RIGHT???
Old 10-11-2013, 05:45 AM   #219

It's FRIDAY LADIES!!!!!! Plans??

Our weekend: Today is my DD12's birthday. My baby girl was born 12 years ago today! She brings such love to my life. HER, I can depend on her to always want a hug or to chat on the phone! Today there is no school here, so my parents are driving up and are going to hang with the kids for her day! I think they plan to do Fork N Screen today at 2:15. They are seeing Gravity!

Tomorrow is her softball tournament. We are all going (except DS14, he has debate) and my sister and BIL are meeting us there! Should be fun. We plan to tailgate and cheer on her team!

Sunday DS14 and I will head to SS and church while DH goes with DD12 to softball! Then there's laundry and such!

Should all be fun!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-20.html
Old 10-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Sorry guys, quick flyby! I'll try to catch up later, but the pizza crust is definitely a keeper! It's cleochatra's recipe - google 'chicken pizza crust lighter side' and it should be the first result. It's super easy, especially if you have a food processor (I don't - blender in small batches with lots of 'shaking down' wasn't bad). Definitely use parchment paper (I didn't - trust me, I'll be buying some) and let it cool a few minutes before slicing. After it had cooled a bit it was easy to pick up & eat by hand. I had hubby try to guess the ingredients and after running through everything else in the house he finally guessed chicken. I went into it not expecting much, but was really pleasantly surprised. I'm sure calories are pretty insane, but it's also really filling. I'll be having a piece for lunch with some salad

Happy Friday, y'all
Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Jill~ Aw poor thing! I hope kiddo is feeling better today.
Great job on the loss!

Maureen~ Your Friday morning breakfast spot sounds like so much fun! I love places like that. Usually makes for good people watching, which is my fave thing to do to pass time. Uh, yeah, I think if one of my big kids ever puked in my car I'd be just buying a new one

Monica~ Happy birthday DD12!!!!!! Another busy weekend ahead for you, but sounds like so much fun.

Tami~ thanks for recapping about the pizza...that sounds like something I might be able to handle....as long as there's no pounding of the bird involved

Me~ Scale is up. I am really trying not to freak out. 3 more days to get thru for this stupid challenge...and I am UP. WTH! I say I'm trying not to freak out because for whatever reason, I cannot seem to break out of the first 15lb losses before things start to go wonky and my body freaks out. Last May started Atkins for 6 months-to the letter-only lost about 11 lbs before the scale started going bakcwards regardless of how clean I ate... jumped onto JUDDD-to the letter- only lost about 12 lbs before again, the scale started going backwards and I gained for no apparent reason.... I'm in that territory now and OMG NOt again!!!!! I'm trying to maintain composure and try to get through this weekend as best I can. I can't help but think though....I won't get all of my water in like I normally do ( upwards of 140 oz MINIMUM), nor will I have my normal foods available to me 5x a day...this little trip couldn't have come at the most inopportune time. I don't want to be stressing about this, but to enjoy the reason why we're going! So, with that, it will be whatever it is when I get back. I KNOW I beat that dang challenge, I DID lose that weight.. and I'll just have to pray that this isn't going to be an instant replay of my last attempts at weight loss..I do NOT want to struggle anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Last minute laundry, housework and the grocery for the kiddos before the day is over...gonna be running around like a crazy woman

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #222

HAVE FUN GIRL!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Happy Friday! I am so grateful it's Friday!!

I kept the carbs low all week except yesterday I had a few moments of stupid....which tells me what time of the month is coming. My monthly cycle really messes with me, but I'm staying strong today for sure; I've got options to keep me from straying

Dinner tonight - pepperoni pizza portobellos!

I have nothing interesting planned except house organization/chores (which i happen to be in the mood for), and I forgot to mention that last Sunday that we got 2 new kittens, so they will be keeping me busy too. Everyone, enjoy this friday night and weekend!

Old 10-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Laura,

Did you find a provider? I'm quite impressed so far with your time management and get er done attitude. What did you do in the new home today? Can't wait to hear this!

Monica,

Yep, my squats are hindering my up and down capabilities, but I was not going to mention that aspect, but since you did - I avoided the bathroom at work today and drank very little. This is exactly what the handicap rails are made for, right? Nuff said.

Softball! Yay! Happy birthday to dd!!! Tailgating is F.U.N! Have a ball, pun intended.

Danielle, do squats! It will break ya and move that stall! That is what an owner of a gym told me way back when I complained to him I was not moving the scale. He had me do squats and BAM! Down!

Stacy, kittens! That is exciting! Cute cute cute!

Anyway, This morning seems like so far away! I had a very interesting morning and almost landing into the back of a minivan full of children.

I was on the hill going down towards the high school and noticed (yes, I notice too much) and a woman opened her door on the side of the road, bend over and tossed her cookies. It was then I had to slam on my brakes.

Then, on Main Street I parked in front of the cafe. Main street has pumpkin people. I don't know what they are really called, but to me - they are my pumpkin people friends. They probably are scarecrows made with pumpkin heads, but they are dressed up in various outfits - the dance studio has a ballerina pumpkin person with a tan painted pumpkin for a head and pink checks and a blonde wig. I think ya'll get it. My friends - the pumpkin people.

Well, there was a man in a trench coat walking down the street and at each pumpkin display he would attack them with marshal arts, but not hit them. Kicks, punches... omg...Crazy. I got it on video.

After work I went to the consignment shop and bought a pair of jeans (ann taylor) for only $8 and a size 14 and they fit! And the length is perfect!!! So happy!

Then I bought this in teal: Purple Empire waist top from VENUS

I did not even know about this website, but googled the tag as I love this!! I love some of the cotton shirts. I don't like tees, but like the way they feel and these would be my dress up tees! How fun!

Ok, Off to make dinner. DD is with her dad so it is all about me! (Wish it were not that way as I'll miss her, but silver lining...right?)

Din din awaits...atkins style.......
Old 10-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Monica! Plan on it! I may not come back with my hearing but I had fun, right?

Stacy~ aw little kitties! How fun!!!

Maureen~ woman you just crack me up with your stories...this time I almost shot the water I was drinking out my nose reading about the pumpkin people and then the lady hurling outside her car Cute top! Very flattering, I love empire waist. I'll look into doing squats AFTER my trip...I got enough anxiety going on right now, I don't need to add trouble-going-to-the-loo-because-I-did-squats to the mix.

Mercy I am TIRED today. I was a cleaning machine all day. Maybe we should go out of town more often as for some reason whenver we do I get major urge to totally clean top to bottom.. something about that clean feeling after a trip and wanting to relax. Glad I did it. Maybe I'll sleep like a baby tonight---early bedtime, we head out at 4am. Debating about saving my makeup for the car sometime instead of trying to do it when I'm half asleep
Feels weird to not be going out tonight..Friday's usually date night. Ah well, totally worth it!! I believe we are all set to go, got the kiddos all situated and they should be fine.. TOTALLY missing my DS tho', he was supposed to come for the weekend but got a gig w/ his band so he had to cancel.

anywho, if I get a chance I'll pop in first thing early morning and check on ya, otherwise it will be probably when we get back..

Be good ya'll!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Had to pay the 250, have a stupid 2 year contract with them so they have you no matter what you do. I will say this DON"T get Directv! They will rip you off at every turn!!!!!! I told them I will say this to everyone I meet! As soon as my contract is done I will drop them and continue to talk trash about them.

Anyway it's Friday that mean's it was grocery day! I love grocery day. Didn't have a lot of stuff to buy, did find a pork butt on sale so it's going in the crockpot tomorrow. Will have to research bbq sauces tonight and make pulled pork! YUMMY. Tonight it's going to be Chuncheon Chicken Wings and Bacon "Potato" Salad.

Got a new bathmat for the front bathroom. Also got a bunch of candles for the house. Love candles. Can't burn fires in the fireplace but the candles are great and I don't have to worry that the lil boys are gonna knock them over.

Got the dishes washed today too, I hadn't been able to find the sponges. Things are moving along. I cook a little and put stuff away a little. LOL Another day off would be great but it's not going to happen.

Hurrah for everyone's losses! I'm down a pound from yesterday! We're gonna rock this month!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (27.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Danielle,

I dunno, I just have no life. lol sitting home on a Friday night tapping out buttons on a lap top. Shouldn't I be doing something more fun, like dating? I cancelled my date for tomorrow night - wasn't feeling the right vibe and my intuition is seldom wrong; still a nice man. My daughter things I will be alone for the rest of my life. Whateva, as long as I am having fun. I'll be tied down soon enough and my tight clothes are enough of a bind who needs more?

Makeup! Who is driving? LOL should you be driving, put it on before so you can bat your lashes if you're pulled over; that always works well for me...or did.... last time tears worked, but those were real and the nice officer offered to follow me home to make sure I got home ok and no ticket. That was last November.

Nice that you cleaned and scrubbed! I love that feeling! What kind of cleaner do you use?

I love method! And PBS the all American test kitchen approves. I loved it before they loved it. They must have heard me rave about it as they had to do a whole show on it.

Had meatballs and cabbage. I'm so sad as now I'll have to buy another cabbage as I love this, but we all know, cabbage is not the most pleasant thing to cook so I'll take my time skipping off to the store.

Then I did the tank top ready by Tracy. Love that little youtube video. It really makes me feel good. Perhaps a sparkly steel gray halter gown for New Years will showcase my new shoulders should I continue with this arm flapping.

I should really go to bed as I have a dentist appointment in the morning, early. I really don't want to go only because the teeny lines on the forms are so small. I cannot write that tiny. My writing is huge and I typically write on an angle. Forms to keep me in a box kill me.

I really don't know how I hold down the profession I do. It must be magic of computers as I'd totally fail miserably should I have to do everything the old fashioned way.

I think I'm going to find that fariry-tale show they talk about at work - once upon a time....they told me it was on netflix. I guess I finally paid attention to their TV conversation when they said snow white and prince charming got engaged. WHAT? That is all I had to hear to be sucked in when they have only been talking about this for forever! Silly me.... They tell me I am selective in my hearing. I usually tune them all out when it comes to t.v. as I don't really watch it...

Ok.....I am sure I'll be back....
Old 10-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Laura,

We were typing at the same time! The picture caught my eye which is the only reason I noticed your post!

Looks so homey and inviting!!! Still amazed you do so much and still stay on plan! Yay you!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

First, you'll notice I changed my siggie because I've decided I just can't make it in here every day to change the number, and there really hasn't been much to report. Another day, another number added. So...there ya go. Hence "set it and forget it", like a crockpot.

"Not messing with it" is a huge challenge for me; as is "focusing on this day right in front of me and letting the rest of them take care of themselves". So I guess this is my REAL challenge for this challenge.

The good news? It's working!! I just weighed myself this morning: 178. And...

...I'm sitting here typing this in my size 16's!!

Gavin has gotten an iPad from school for communication since he doesn't talk much at all. He understands a lot of what you say to him, but he doesn't reply; and conversations often go too quickly for him to really track, so he tunes out. The iPad with a software program called ProLoQuo2Go helps him join in by giving him pictures with the sentence pieces so he can follow along and now even respond in his own way.

He has been very uncooperative at the doctors office in the past, partially because of this communication deficit and partially because he has PTSD left over from his hospitalization due to his battle with leukemia several years ago. As soon as he gets to the exam room, he just tunes out and is unreachable and resistant to everything the doctors/nurses need to do, like taking temperature or blood pressure or whatever. So...

We took the iPad with us to his last exam, loaded with phrases like "can I take your temperature? Yes? No? Wait a minute?" and "will you stand up on the scale? Yes? No? Wait a minute?" and you know what? It helped a lot. He stayed "present" with us the whole time, and although he still pitched a fit when she wanted to look in his ears he was a LOT more cooperative than he's ever been. She noted that she had never been able to get a blood pressure on him before, but this time we used "can I take your blood pressure? yes? no? wait a minute?" and although he didn't respond, he didn't fight it, either! For a change.

Monica, to DD12, who we've long known as DD11!!

Laura, your fireplace is beautiful. I hope you your new home!!

Danielle, bon voyage!! See you when you get back!! Also, all that cleaning you did yesterday was SO SMART. You're going to be so happy when you get back!!

Maureen, I'd be interested in seeing the video with the guy attacking the pumpkin people!!

Hi, Jill, Gina, Stacy, Tami, Amber, Wendy, Kim, Liz, and others!!

Happy Sunday everyone!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #230
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grubchow
Stats: 216/195/155, 5'5"F
WOE: no sugar, very little grains
Start Date: restart Aug 2011
Hello all-
In a few minutes my inlaws will be arriving to our house for a week. Yikes! Their visits can be very stressful, and historically usually at some point in their visits I end up eating a whole box of cookies or a giant milkshake and fries… Ya know—family! My challenge this week is letting all their bull$#*& just roll off my back.

Danielle- Have a great trip!

Laura- Congrats on your move! Gotta be such a relief to be settling down in the new place!

Lynne- I love your “crockpot” analogy! That’s something I need to adopt myself, since I’m always changing too many variables at once in my WOE. Great slogan.

Tami- The pizza crust is on my list for this week—cleochatra’s recipes are always so good!

Hello to Gina, Stacy, Amber, Wendy, Kim, Liz, Maureen, Monica.

Have a great week!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubchow View Post
Hello all-
In a few minutes my inlaws will be arriving to our house for a week. Yikes! Their visits can be very stressful, and historically usually at some point in their visits I end up eating a whole box of cookies or a giant milkshake and fries… Ya know—family! My challenge this week is letting all their bull$#*& just roll off my back.
Good luck with the inlaws! I used to write down all the unbelievable stuff my idiot family members said so that I could laugh about it with my friends later. Was that bad of me??

Lynne
Old 10-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

grubchow good luck with the in laws.

Lynne that program sounds amazing! Glad it's working for him.

The new place rocks! Today working on Chicken Primavera Casserole. Man I love to cook. Every time I think I'm out of ideas for what to cook ...poof there is something else I haven't tried to make low carb yet. Now I just need other low carbers close by so I can feed them! My freezer is getting so full.

I tried to explain this woe to a truck driver last night. He's like I don't think I could live without chicken fried steak, I told him I still eat it. Coconut flour is alien to a truck driver from Missouri
Old 10-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Grubb: Inlaws.... oh boy. One thing I do not miss about being married though they were not too bad most of the time. Poor communication skills all around I think at that time. Thankfully, I've evolved.

Lynne, I am in awe with your story. I have no words other than wow.

Laura, What types of foods do you have in your freezer?

Well, I had an interesting weekend.

Went to the dentist on Saturday - no cavities, not that I expected any. My teeth look so much nicer after the volcanic pumice polish. Love the feel. Too bad we can only get that twice a year. I beg for more, but they say NO as it will wear down my teeth. He won't give me whitener for my trays until I bring my trays in. He wants to see if they still fit my mouth as they are getting old. I'll bring them in tomorrow.

After the dentist, I drove out to the beach and walked the beach. Then I went looking for pink fairy glass at the shore antique shops. That was so much fun and I went alone so it was wonderful hour drive down listening to music. I just needed the alone time.

I decided to go on the date with the guy after all. He ended up taking me to a beautiful and very romantic venue. Cavey's Restaurant What was cute was, since I came back in the game so last minute I was surprised he made reservations so quickly, got them and then requested a quiet corner. Points for him. This place is amazing.

He likes me. Turns out he wants to lose weight too. He used to compete in body building a long time ago so perhaps this exercise diet thing he and I can do together should we date longer as he started back at the gym 9 weeks ago. He is an Avionics engineer. I had to pull out my inner geek to get through dinner. Evidently before he had his own business he worked on projects for the navy helicopters with weaponry. It made for an interesting conversation. He wanted to see me tonight, but I am too tired. Tomorrow he wants me to go see him umpire a baseball game after work. I may or may not depending on my daughter.

I then went to Ma to see my cousin. That was interesting. Some highlights were we found the cutest little coffee shop. It truly looks like an old converted pawn shop. Ok, well in MY head it does. However, once you step through the doors, it is so welcoming and cozy. There are leaves hanging from the ceiling hung from fishing line. I'd not want to be that person who had to hang them ...up down up down on the ladder.... ugh.

Anyway, had coconut cream coffee. Perfect. Then, we sat in the back where it was painted maroon with wing chairs with silk beaded pillows, marbled topped end tables as well as old fashioned bookcases full of books..... my coffee of tea, er, coffee I mean. Also, there were two dining room tables and free wi-fi. Better than starbucks!

We ended up going out to eat and I have buffalo wings and a side salad. I stayed on plan all weekend except for two glass of merlot last night, but those are low carb.

Oh, and we saw buffalo in a random pasture and we parked and walked over to see them. The came up to the fence. Three of them. They were big, scary and had horns. Super strong and they stuck their big heads under the fence to eat clover and scared me. Cannot believe how strong they are and they appear to be more aggressive than cows.

Well, I stayed away from the bad food again this weekend. Tomorrow I took the day off as it is Columbus day!! Yay!

Have a good night all!!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

some of the contents of my freezer...13 meals worth of hamburger in 1/2# pkgs., 5 meals worth of cube steak, 1 meal of chicken wings, 2 meals of center cut pork chops, 1 meal cod, 7 meals mahi mahi, 5 filet mignon, 3 New York Strip steaks, Broccoli florets, cauliflower (2 bags), green pepper strips, green peppers chopped, yellow pepper strips, red pepper strips, creamed spanich, spanich, green beans whole, 2 meals of pork carnitas, hamburger casserole, 2 meals pork chops and mashed turnips, hamburger soup, chicken pot pie, 4 meals chicken parmesana

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, I know there are more frozen dinners but can't think of what they are. Is it weird that I know so much of the contents of my deep freezer by heart? Yes I'm a weird foodie!!!! I'll claim it.

OH parsley, cilantro, and oregano minced are also in the freezer! How can you forget the herbs?

Last edited by LauraDavis; 10-13-2013 at 09:45 PM..
Old 10-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Gina - how goes it??? Big plans this weekend?
Had no plans because I felt like this cold was going to rear it's ugly head but it didn't. I felt all weekend like I'd been hit by a truck hot and uncomfortable and very flu like but no runny nose which I guess is a bonus. Feel loads better this morning luckily although I did manage to sleep through my alarm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Me~ Scale is up. I am really trying not to freak out. 3 more days to get thru for this stupid challenge...and I am UP. WTH! I say I'm trying not to freak out because for whatever reason, I cannot seem to break out of the first 15lb losses before things start to go wonky and my body freaks out. Last May started Atkins for 6 months-to the letter-only lost about 11 lbs before the scale started going bakcwards regardless of how clean I ate... jumped onto JUDDD-to the letter- only lost about 12 lbs before again, the scale started going backwards and I gained for no apparent reason.... I'm in that territory now and OMG NOt again!!!!! I'm trying to maintain composure and try to get through this weekend as best I can. I can't help but think though....I won't get all of my water in like I normally do ( upwards of 140 oz MINIMUM), nor will I have my normal foods available to me 5x a day...this little trip couldn't have come at the most inopportune time. I don't want to be stressing about this, but to enjoy the reason why we're going! So, with that, it will be whatever it is when I get back. I KNOW I beat that dang challenge, I DID lose that weight.. and I'll just have to pray that this isn't going to be an instant replay of my last attempts at weight loss..I do NOT want to struggle anymore!!!!!!!!!!
Stay strong hunni, I know exactly where you're coming from with this and I wish I was close enough to give you a big hug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
I forgot to mention that last Sunday that we got 2 new kittens, so they will be keeping me busy too. Everyone, enjoy this friday night and weekend!
Ooohhhhh Stacy... can we get pics? I breed cats and still never get tired of the cuteness of kittens although we had 5 in our last litter which took our total in house cat number up to 10 when they were running around together chaos just isn't the word!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post
Oh, and we saw buffalo in a random pasture and we parked and walked over to see them. The came up to the fence. Three of them. They were big, scary and had horns. Super strong and they stuck their big heads under the fence to eat clover and scared me. Cannot believe how strong they are and they appear to be more aggressive than cows.
Sounds so cool... cows are as exciting as we get over here
___

Well after feeling very unsure of everything at the end of last week and considering going back to what the doc suggested (1600 calories a day) I've decided to wipe the slate clean, I weighed in yesterday morning at 204.4 and have a super clean down day planned today which means I'll hopefully come in at 511 calories...

I can do this....

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 10-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Laura,

How do you make your chicken Parmesan? I think it is great you know what you have in your freezer. It shows great pride in what you've done. You really accomplished a lot! What wonderful things did you do in the new home over the weekend?

Gina, what do you mean by 511 calories? I'm confused. I hope you feel better. I have your runny nose if you were looking for it. Ya, I was surprised to see the buffalo and made my cousin pull over (she is my best friend). She said everyday was an adventure with me. I said Hello, pot. She is just like me, but wears sneakers is super tiny and wears a lot of jeweled hair clips.

I am down two pounds this morning and that is even with being at my most girlish. I was shocked. Evidently the diet of cabbage & meatballs, Zuc & meatballs and buffalo wings really agrees with me. Here is to buffalo wings.... I'm singing a song in my head about cheer to Friday..... I don't know the name of it, but sometimes the songs take over....

I have to eat before I leave. I don't want to eat anything bad. The teenager and I are going off on an adventure!

Oh wait, flax muffins and those coconut things I ate too this week! I have to make more. I like these results!!

I'm so happy..... I don't know why. I just am so very happy where I am right now. I had an amazing weekend of a collection of simple things, but it was wonderful - like a bouquet of fun.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post
Gina, what do you mean by 511 calories? I'm confused. I hope you feel better. I have your runny nose if you were looking for it. Ya, I was surprised to see the buffalo and made my cousin pull over (she is my best friend). She said everyday was an adventure with me. I said Hello, pot. She is just like me, but wears sneakers is super tiny and wears a lot of jeweled hair clips
I'm doing JUDDD so rotating between 500 and 2000 calories. Lol, she sounds cute
Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #238

Maureen - YES that is exactly what the handicap rails are for!!!!!!!!! YOU CRACK me up! Your man sounds really interesting! You interested in him???

Laura - love what you have done with the fireplace!

Lynne - that is GREAT for GAVIN! I am so happy for you/him! I bet it will make a world of difference for him. I read a book recently called Out of my Mind. It touches on stuff like that. Disabled child who can't speak! It's a tear jerker for certain!

GRUB - good luck! You know, sometimes shake/fries are completely necessary for SURVIVAL!!!!!!!!!!

Gina - I understand. sometimes LIFE truly gets in the way!

We survived the weekend. Friday night we played games with Mom/Dad and were all in bed by 9:30. DD12 Softball all day Saturday, DS14 debate. Sunday DS14 and I did SS and Church. DD12 and DH went back to softball. 3 games Saturday, 3 games Sunday!

Debate, DS14 and his partner came in 2nd in their division! for them!

DD12 won 2 lost 1 on Saturday and Won 2 and lost 1 on Sunday. Their team came in 3rd in the tournament! DD12 pitched a bunch (sad I missed it) on Sunday. She did really well. She was TIRED and fell asleep on the way home.

Successful weekend at our house. Crazy week with conferences and reading night at the elementary school. I am dreading this week! Tonight I head to DS14's conferences and Wednesday are DD12's. It will be crazy! Friday we have a show to do for work! BORING!!!!!!!!

OH and the scale was up for me today 172! Expected after 2 up days in a row!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
ladies! I did scan quickly through everything, but I'm afraid I won't have time to really respond to everyone. I'll give it a quick go. Sorry if I missed something important to you

Lynne... all your bouncing made me smile! So glad things are working for you! Gavin's progress with the ipad sounds AMAZING! Very very cool!

Laura, love the fireplace & your full freezer! You're awesome!

Maureen, date night sounded fun... guy sounds interesting to say the least. Cool beans.

Danielle, are you alive, can you move? How was the concert???

Gina, glad you're feeling better this morning. Hope sleeping through the alarm didn't throw things off too bad. Who needs that on a Monday morning?

Stacey, we definitely need pics of the kitties

Monica, you survived! Sounds like a great weekend! Good luck this week!

I'm up a little this morning... been creeping up for a few days. I had a few high cal dinners in a row and I'm thinking that must be it. Time to tighten up, track those carbs & cals, and up the exercise. I'm going to try for 30 minutes of 'something' 5 times a week, since I've really slacked on walking & haven't ran at all lately. Blah. Back to the grind... as usual.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

just doing a quick check before bed. I'll find the recipe for the Chicken Parm when I get up tonight.
Closed Thread