Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Laura I am so glad you got your new place!! Years ago I can remember going thru a similar thing when I was alone with my children!! Bless you and take care of yourself!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 04:10 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Laura,

Wood Laminate floors! Upgrade for you! Love that you have cabinet space! I still think you're a rock star more than yesterday as you still found time to do low carb with all the stress!

Thanks Danielle for the info! I'll be able to wrap my head around the details of all that soon. I have to read more!

Grub, I have chocolate doughnut coffee! =)

I'm quite happy with these little k-cups I found.

Anyway, today I don't want to get out of bed. My head is a little more clear which always happens when I exercise. I did 124 squats last night after I downloaded the squat trainer app to my phone. Yes, I seem to live in a constant haze of entangled thoughts and fog if I don't exercise. I really should do so more often.

I'm excited for work today. Can't wait to go play with my numbers. Our Keruig is fixed so I can curl up in my big comfy chair with hot coffee smelling like desert playing with numbers, drafting letters and playing with paperclips. There is something about an end product on heavy weight paper bound with paper clips and binder clips that makes me happy. I just adore office supplies.

I think breakfast will be a biscuit (Ladies, check out the cheddar biscuit from Linda Sue) This time around I made it with Jalapeno Monterrey cheese. It has a little kick to it! Love it. I'm going to make fried eggs and bacon - that is if I ever get off my computer.

Lunch is already at work (main course, anyway). Tomato soup. I did not heat it up all the way and someone was in the microwave cursing and slamming so I just put it in the fridge after eating the hot part as I did not want to be near the woman who was screaming about the microwaves not working and slamming the doors. She is not usually so ornery, but whatever. Bad day for her, I guess. I stay away from cranky people.

Anyway, I'll bring cheese to put in it and it will be lovely. I made it from Tomatoes from the Garden. The garden is still yielding tomatoes and they are delightful.

Celery and cheery tomatoes (tomatoes from the garden) with Laughing cow and almond butter are on the menu too.

I'll bring a flax muffin or two as well.

I made these peanut butter and flax seed cookies with equal parts and an egg. They were pretty ok, but I could taste the bitterness/garliciness of the flax. Sometimes flax has a garlic taste to it in my opinion. If I could figure out how to sweeten that up a bit that would be another staple food. Higher carb, but I don't eat too much and it would be perfect for those I don't want to eat, but half to moments.

Well, I have to make breakfast and pick out an outfit.

Everyone have a lovely day!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Sorry been MIA. Having problems at work, took Monday off because I'd had no sleep and was in so much pain I was struggling to get out of bed. My boss wasn't happy because it meant her in the office by herself, went in yesterday and she didn't speak two words to me - talk about childish!!! I'd rather her say she wasn't happy or that I let her down or whatever but she actually made me feel like I was back in high school
I've got a hospital appointment today, two suspect moles one on my chest & one on my knee that I'm getting checked out - I don't like hospitals!!
Then tomorrow morning I have a disciplinary meeting about having time off even though they knew when I came back to work 2 years ago that I suffer with 3 chronic illnesses so would more than likely take more sick days than most people!!

On the up side I'm down another 0.2 lbs this morning so that's 5.4 lbs on JUDDD in 3 weeks and I really haven't been that strict. Stepping up my game now really pleased with the loss so far x

Ps all clear at the hospital don't have to have the moles removed or anything!!

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 10-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Maureen, I had a whole zucchini last night as well... cut in quarters & grilled and oh so yummy! I think you're quite wise to stay away from grumpy people! Who needs that? Your home grown tomatoes sound divine! I really wanted to put in a garden this year and it just didn't happen. Hopefully next year! Then again... I'm going to be babysitting my nephew who will turn one in April... something tells me I'll have even less time this coming spring than last. Oh-well. We'll see

Amber, thanks for the info on the pork fried cauliflower It still sounds yummy! Sorry about the siggy thing.

Grubchow, that soudns right up my alley... I mean who wouldn't love a free meal once a week. Probably something for me to save for maintenance, tho, considering how slow I lose already. I'm going to have to look it up. Thanks for the head's up!

Stacy, hope work let's up a bit & that the scale moves soon! It's leftover day here, too

Laura, so so happy that you were able to get into a place so soon. It sounds great! Good luck moving! Sauteing... why didn't I think of that? It's got to beat my zucchini mush

Genie, so sorry you're having problems at work. What nonsense. Hope the disciplinary meeting goes well Glad all's clear at the hospital & kudos to you for continueing to lose! WTG!

The scale & I are still at a stale-mate. Last night's dinner did not end up being the stuffed chicken roll ups I had planned. I've never pounded a chicken breast & DS21 & I both worked on one breast & gave up. These breasts were so thick and it just wasn't working, so we cut them in half width wise & grilled them. Added a grilled zucchini a piece & some green salad. Tonight will be the leftover grilled chicken over salad w/ some boiled egg, shredded cheese & slivered almonds.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Thanks ladies for all the support!

Amber~ hang in there, that pound is nothing and will disappear before you know it. soemtimes I really hate the scale!

Grub~ love my free day even if I don't ever use it to the fullest. There's something about "knowing" that it's there that makes the rest of my week super easy. I have tried doing my own "free day" in the past with other plans but the guilt that came with it knowing that it wasn't part of the program weighed heavier on me than anything. This is written in and required to do and there's no guilt.

Stacy~ hang in there!! I love fend-for-yourself nights

Laura~ Congrat's on your living situation!! And major congrat's on your losses!

Maureen~ The plan is easy once you gain the understanding of how it's supposed to work. Yum, I love that coffee! Right now I have Starbucks mocha coffee that I adore...anything with chocolate hints I'm all over it! I love office supplies too, but I don't have any real use for them cause I don't work Started at a young age, I used to hoard paperclips, pens, and notepads from my moms office in my room
Enjoy the soup, sounds fab!

Gina~ Crossing my fingers that all goes well at the meeting. Hoping they can get it thru their heads about what's going on with you and that it's not done on purpose! Hooray for all clear at the hospital! Good job on the losses so far!!!

Tami~ Meh, screw the scale! I've never been able to pound out chicken the right way either and I've tried several times. They make it look so easy on all those cooking shows!
-------------------------

So I've got 3 days til LA. So excited. It's gonna be a long day on Sat. but should be fun meeting people waiting in line for hours just like us. Just found out a couple days ago, Cher is coming! Childhood hero of mine, adore that woman. Yes, I will have to go!

Scale moved again. I was shocked because I missed my calorie goal by 350 cals. UNDER... I'll be even more surprised if the number sticks after todays LC day.. Praying it does!

More drama with DD17 and that *girl* (I'm using the term lightly, because there are other choice words I've had running through my head!) and ANOTHER girl, a friend of hers... Many phone calls to the school by both me and DH and DD17 in the principal's office TWICE in the last day and a half. Now the school officer is involved and there has to be a sit-down between all of them with the principal and the officer.. Total BS IMO but apparently there is a protocol they have to follow for bullying. I am NOT ok with any of this because essentially they have said there is nothing more they can do til essentially she's assualted in some way. They didn't say that verbatim but that was the jist. I was fuming mad yesterday and DH had to deal with administration on the phone because I was truly afraid of what I might say.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Tami~ Meh, screw the scale! I've never been able to pound out chicken the right way either and I've tried several times. They make it look so easy on all those cooking shows!
Thanks Danielle, I'm so glad it wasn't just me! What an annoying mess! DS had done it in cooking class in school, so he gave it a try as well. Some day I may try again, but no time soon! lol

I'm so excited for you about your trip! I know you've been really looking forward to it and now add in Cher? Awesome!

GGGGGGGRRRRRRR to the little twit & her posse! It sounds like admin is at least concerned, but it also sounds like they need to do more to protect your daughter! Ugh!!! Keep me posted, please. I hate this kind of thing
Old 10-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #187
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Danielle and Tami, as always you all are way too KIND to me! CRazy is what I am and my DH reminds me of that daily!

Maureen, I have short hair for a reason!

Wendy/Star, you have done so well. Keep up the good work!

Amber, don't fret that pound. Fluxtuation is all that is!

Stacy - I love spinach lasagna. We make it often at our house!

Laura - how exciting for your move!!!!!! YOu have lost 51 POUNDS WOW GIRL! You are amazing. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #188

Tami - if you are gonna POUND a BREAST, it obviously needs to be SMALLER! ---- OK I couldn't resist!!

Gina - so sorry about the boss, sometimes they are just a bit work focused!!!!!!! Let us know how your appointments go!

Me, work is crazy and so is life. Eating is right on, for the MOMENT!!!!! 171 today
Old 10-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Tami!

LOL! Did you have genetically engineered chicken? Do you have a meat pounder? Regardless, it sounds like a yummy meal! Ahh, you gave me a chuckle over that one.

Oh Danielle! I'm mad for you. With all the laws protecting people someone has to get hurt before something happens. I get so mad. What I did was to make sure my girls knew how to defend themselves and brought them to an 8th degree black belt who studied over in Asia and also was a fighter. He taught as all down and dirty street fighting. I also believe that very good communication skills as well as body language wards off a lot of incidents. I still have that type of drama with my 16 year old. She still needs to learn tact and to stay away from grumpy people who have drama written all over them. So sorry. So happy thought you have the support from DH to help you. Sometimes a male gets farther than a female with the kids in a school system - just saying so maybe it is a good thing he was up for the job. Love the way you are helping her though! Good Mom!

Monica, short hair don't care! Love it! Work crazy? Why?

Gina, that does not sound fun at all. What are the laws in your state regarding absences with documented DR's notes. I hope you can call the labor board and inquire before your meeting. I hate when work people get stupid. Women are catty and I'm a bit upset for you that your boss was selfish and not worried about you!

Let's see.... This morning after posting.... I was a bit of a slacker. Put the laundry in the dryer late and never would it be dry by the time I needed to leave.

Decided to just wear Levis (Cuz I have jeans, ya'll know, right?) and pulled the first pair off the rack that I saw. FORGETTING that I put a pair that I could NOT button 2 Sundays ago. Put that on the bed. Then I put on my knee socks. Get Ready and brace yourselves! They went up over my knees! Yay me! It gets better! I put on the Levis and realized since they were high waisted they were the old Levis I bought in Florida 14 years ago. Omg. WELL......I sucked in and buttoned. Wheeee.

Put on a Navy loose Gap tank top which I bought years ago and was too big for me and then layered with a Gap short sleeve large knit Navy sweater (this was from a consignment store). Put on my stacked heeled 5 inch shoe boots and away I went - oh and around my neck put on a big chunk blue bead necklace.

I got the approval of the 23 just graduated from college kid at work. Oh, this outfit belongs in a virtual pintrest closet.

So, yay me on all accounts. LOL

Oh, and then some guy asked me out for Saturday. Don't know what is going on there, but whatever. We shall see. He wants to take me someplace nice. He amuses me, but I've not dated since April and just a few times last year. I won't lower my standards either so the pickings at my age are slim. He knows how to use a semi colon and can add well so it looks good today. LOL

I know what I am wearing too! Velvet wide leg capris, a black tank with a faux jeweled collar and a magenta little cashmere cropped sweater with 3/4 sleeves. The sweater matches my purse and the shoes will be basic patent leather pumps.

Tomorrow, when the clients come in I'll wear the pants, the shoes and a zebra patterned princess seamed blouse with bell sleeves. Cutest little shiny half balled buttons on that too. I so like the little details. lol

Work was good today, but I realized our team attorney is a big fraud!!! LOL He used my email and copied out paragraphs and put it out to his atty's and used it as his own, including my cute little slang which I thought was just going to my boss. LOL Silly guy. Well, he liked my idea and passed it on as a mini directive so I guess mission accomplished. Note to self: keep copies of e-mails sent regarding ideas!

Good day.

Dinner is going to be my favorite!!! Cabbage, spaghetti sauce and Italian meatballs!!! YUMMY! Favorite dish ever!!!! I know, right? Something so peasant is my favorite! You'd think I'd want french gourmet! Nope, this is perfect. I am so excited for when it comes out of the oven!

K - out of words now.....

Next!!! Someone else's turn!!!!! =)
Old 10-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingAmber
Stats: 229/225/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2013
Well you all were totally right! It went away and I am down to 216. My induction is supposed to end tomorrow but I may keep going til I leave for Ca. That trip, by the way, has been moved up to next week! Sister inlaw has been told she's being induced before her due date.
Anyway I have to finish the fresh veg that's in my fridge because it would NOT be any good when I got back. Tomorrow night will be zucchini fries and burgers I think.
I got super excited today because i made a mock french toast this morning that was SO good. Had bacon with it. Only thing I'm trying to figure out is how to make it a rounded breakfast so I'm getting my veggie carbs in with each meal.
This is a run by as I have to move my butt (litteraly and on crocheting a baby blanket.)
I'll talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
More drama with DD17 and that *girl* (I'm using the term lightly, because there are other choice words I've had running through my head!) and ANOTHER girl, a friend of hers... Many phone calls to the school by both me and DH and DD17 in the principal's office TWICE in the last day and a half. Now the school officer is involved and there has to be a sit-down between all of them with the principal and the officer.. Total BS IMO but apparently there is a protocol they have to follow for bullying. I am NOT ok with any of this because essentially they have said there is nothing more they can do til essentially she's assualted in some way. They didn't say that verbatim but that was the jist. I was fuming mad yesterday and DH had to deal with administration on the phone because I was truly afraid of what I might say.
That's awful So sorry that DD17 has to go through all that, I was bullied at school (all verbal) it's a horrible feeling and *NOBODY* deserves it.. you know what they say though: "bullies are just cowards!" I do hope she get's everything sorted out without it having too much of a lasting effect on her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
The scale & I are still at a stale-mate. Last night's dinner did not end up being the stuffed chicken roll ups I had planned. I've never pounded a chicken breast & DS21 & I both worked on one breast & gave up. These breasts were so thick and it just wasn't working, so we cut them in half width wise & grilled them. Added a grilled zucchini a piece & some green salad. Tonight will be the leftover grilled chicken over salad w/ some boiled egg, shredded cheese & slivered almonds.
Know what you mean about stale-mate, until I lost those 0.2lbs the other day I was actually starting to think the scale might have been stuck! Shame the chicken roll ups didn't go as planned... the work around sounds yummy though!

Really not feeling the love for work today, could have quite happily rolled over and gone back to sleep when my alarm went off got my disciplinary meeting at 10am not overly concerned, worst it can be is a verbal warning and as I've been here for 5 years it's hardly any kind of blot on my record (Well, I hope anyhow!) roll on 1.30pm when it's home time then I'm off to get my hair done.. well I'm getting a fringe cut back in, seem to grow it out then cut it constantly but have been doing a website for this girl so she's gonna do it while I sort the photo's out on her site
Old 10-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

10 pounds gone for you Amber! Nice that you can crochet! What colors and stitch are you using? Mock French toast is so good!

Gina,

Glad you're not too concerned and I hope it goes well.

Well, I don't want to go to work. I had a dream the clients were in and they truly are coming in today. In my dream, the office expanded to twice its size. And, I had a baby elephant which was my "dog" and he missed me so much he found his way to the office while the clients were in and dove down on his back on my co-workers feet for a head and belly rub and stood up for a big hug. I don't know where that came from. I don't have a dog. One of the clients was wearing the same outfit as I was, but hers was chiffon and a cheetah print instead of zebra print. I liked hers better.

Work was a-buz yesterday as one of the guys would tell everyone it was fancy boy dress up day. They make me laugh. Some of the guys are really fancy dressers and we actually talk about outfits. I should go back to school for a different line of work. I love fabric and colors.

Last night I did a cute little short arm workout and really feel it. I am very happy about this youtube video. It is called Tank Top Ready by Tracy. I do it every so often and really should do it more as it only takes a few minutes and you don't have to do anything but stand there and flap your arms like a bird. It is an easy find on Youtube.

I'm going to be late if I dawdle any more. I just don't want to go get ready. I am having trouble getting up and sitting down; too many squats done the other day. I love the feeling, but not when I'm running late.

Have a great day, can't wait to see what you're all eating! I've not gotten that far, but I'm motivated to behave! Thanks for this thread!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #193

Maureen - your dinner sounds yummy! I would so be there! That stinks about the attorney stealing your ideas! NO FUN there! I'll have to look up Tank Top ready by Tracy!

Gina let us know how the meeting goes! Dang BOSS-hole!

Work, we had a guy quit, well he gave notice. Negotiating with the bank/health insurance/liability insurance right now, in addition to my typical daily jobs. PLUS we just took over a block of business for someone and I have a mass mailing going out today! GRRR OH and boss is gone! NICE, huh? OH WELL!

It's FRIDAY-EVE!!!!!!!!!!

Monica - JUDDD! Come see my journey!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post
Tami!

LOL! Did you have genetically engineered chicken? Do you have a meat pounder? Regardless, it sounds like a yummy meal! Ahh, you gave me a chuckle over that one.
It's quite possible! lol These things were easily 2 inches thick if not more. What's funny is that we usually get Foster Farms, but DH decided to get the store brand this time, which worked out well since Foster Farms had a huge recall here in California this week! Yeah, it was funny, though, after my mini-melt down. Your cabbage spaghetti & meatballs sounds great! I was going to try zoodle spaghetti tomorrow or over the weekend. Thanks to your reminder I'm going to add meatballs, too. I haven't had meatballs in forever! Yum! Your dream made me laugh out loud. Who doesn't want a baby elephant in the office? They're sooo cute! Thanks for the tip on the arm workout, too! I often pull up videos on youtube & just go for it, but I hadn't seen that one. I already have it open in another tab to save. Thank you

Amber, congrats on the 10 pounds gone! And congrats on your soon to be new niece or nephew! My crazy sister started all over on me and had a baby boy in April. The rest of our kids (my two, her two) were 18-21 when baby Kellan was born! Crazy, I tell you!

Gina, thinking of you & your meeting... I'm sure it will be fine, but stuff like that is still annoying. Good luck with the haircut. It sounds cute!

Yikes, Monica! At least with you so busy work should go by quickly & it is Friday eve! Almost there...

Didn't get on the scale this morning. Was super munchy all day yesterday, like starving & constantly grazing. I finally figured out it was the benadryl I took to help me sleep the night before. I haven't been sleeping well at all lately and hubby suggested a couple of benadryl. It did the trick, but after scratching my head all day as to why I was freaking starving I finally did a google search on benadryl and increased hunger & sure enough that was the likely culprit. So no more of that... and not much sleep last night. Got up & came downstairs where it's cooler around 2:30am and didn't sleep down here either. Sigh. I've got some herbal anxiety stuff that I bought for the dogs that I'm going to try and then I'll have to pick myself up some melatonin. If none of that works I may have to get into the doctor. Insomnia gets old quick!

Tonight I'm going to try the chicken pizza crust & toppings that they've been talking about on the main board. Should be interesting

Danielle, How many sleeps?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:

How frustrating!!

I'm running through lots of things in my head to say, but I guess what keeps popping up is that I really hear ya on how awful it is to have to rely on fools and idiots to protect our precious kids.

I guess the bully protocol would work fine IF the school officials were in agreement that "bullying is criminal behavior" rather than "ooh, look - mean girl cat fight!!" but I get the impression that your DD's school administration is the second kind.

I've got a couple of thoughts on the situation, fwiw. One, I'd document every little bit of every thing. Dates, times, school personnel you talked to, what they said, etc. You never know when this might come in handy and it scares the he!! out of them at meetings.

Two, I'd ask that the superintendent be included in the meetings or at least be made aware (in writing, no deniability) of the details of the situation. I think he or she is the one who has the most skin in the game in terms of bad publicity (hot subject lately) and of all the school administrators will be most motivated to find an effective solution.

My 2 cents. Good luck with the meeting! I hope it goes well!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the love for my DD you guys!

Things have come to close. Hopefully for the very last time. Hubby had told the principal in not so many words that he has clients that are in the news media here and it'd be a shame to have to contact one of them to get some answers or resolve in this matter.. Administration has been helpful, doing what he can...his hands are essentially "tied" so to speak. The district has an anti-bullying plan in place that has required steps to be taken pertaining to the "types" of bullying occurring... because this has been all verbal and no physical threat they do a whole lot of TALKING. DD met with the principal and the police officer that is there daily (there's a title for him but it escapes me at the moment) and he explained what her rights were and what she can do... in this state bullying is not a crime, but "harrassment" is.. The principal hauled the girls mother in for a face to face meeting with him..and he relayed to me that she was NOT happy and was mortified by her kids behavior. He told me that she said to her kid, why the heck would you even be speaking about another person the way you have???? Why are you so consumed by her???? She flat out said that this WILL stop that there was zero tolerance for her kid to behave this way.. Principal laid it out and explained that there IS a case building against her and that it isn't going away..any more instances..no matter how small only accelerates the process towards expulsion or possible criminal charges being brought. Yep, mama was horrified and fuming at her kid. She apparently asked him if we could ALL meet and he said, um no no no and no..we do not make it a habit of bringing parents together to meet, that is NOT what this is about. He knew how fuming mad I was and that it would probably not go in this woman's favor after I let her have it This bully girl refused the meet up with DD, the principal and the school officer (who is a real police officer btw--yes, this school is one of like 5 or so that has one..too many drugs? I dunno.. all the richies out here and the kids with too much money doing stupid things, I guess) DD told the principal "I can't help it if "X" is jealous of me. I can't help it if my grades are better, I have nice things, I have good friends, and the teachers like me and she wants it"..and he said he figured it was all a jealousy thing too.. UGH, why are teenage girls like this nowadays?????? Ridiculous!!
Hopefully this is all resolved because it really is getting stupid. This girl doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut and that's what started this last round of bs.. she told her BFF about what happened the first time AFTER being warned by administration not to speak of any of this to anyone EVER. What a total dumb@$$. I told DD, this girl is more afraid of you than you are of here..you represent everything she wants and she knows you can beat her with words, integrity, and articulation. She laughed and said her English teacher had said almost the very same thing the day this all happened. Ugh I just want it over!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 10-10-2013 at 08:50 AM..
Old 10-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

What a pain, Danielle, but it does sound like the principle is doing a pretty good job. Glad twit's mom was mortified. She should be. What a nightmare. I'm glad your DD has all of you behind her. I know from experience it drastically reduces the stress on her. Btw, we have campus police here, too. It's always one assigned officer (sheriff, I think?) per high school in our district and is the same officer every day so the kids get to know them. I can't tell that they do a whole lot, but they're there just in case. Praying this is the end for DD!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami, it is a pain, especially because she was bullied in middle school.. This girl is the unfortunate recipient of DD's wrath because of it..she even told her during their last meeting when this first happened a few weeks ago that this would not go away specifically because she had to go thru this stuff in middle school. Hopefully it will all be gone from now on. DD said twit wasn't even in class today, go figure, eh?
2 more sleeps! She actually kicks off her leg near you in Oakland tonight and then back down to LA for 2 nights. Can't freakin wait!!

I'm so sorry you're having trouble sleeping. Couple of my kids have had issues with it over the years. DS uses that Nyquil sleep stuff when he needs to and DD19 actually has Rx for stuff to help her sleep because of the ritalin she takes. No sleep makes for verrry long days.

Did I say before that DD19 is moving out? Part of me is and part of me is I dunno what this kid's thought process is...very scattered right now and it gives me anxiety!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #199

Danielle SO SORRY! I don't know how I missed that part about your DD! What a mess. Thank goodness the other parent was horrified. Too often I see it where the other parent is like, SO WHAT!!?!?!?!? I am so glad you all have stayed on top of this. I am praying for her. No one deserves this type of behaviour!

OH MY on the DD19 moving out! Maybe it will be GOOD?!?!?!?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #200

I didn't mention it here, but DS14 has been getting harrassed on the bus. A week ago, he was talking to a girl (Not his girlfriend) outside the bus about an assignment in some class. When he got on the bus, the BOYS all made horrible comments to him about SEX an stuff with this girl. My son is a virgin and hopes to remain one till he is married (not that I have told him too, just what he wants to do). He was horrified at what they were saying. By the time work was done and he got home, he was in TEARS! He was fearful of this girls reputation (because of what the boys were saying) and he was fearful of how Aimee (his girlfriend) would feel if she heard about it.

I've said it often, it is not just GIRLS that get pressure about S E X , boys can be pushed and teased just as much as girls!

WHY are people/teens so freaking MEAN??? I honestly think these boys thought they were funny....but really. Whatever they were saying, they were being SPECIFIC. DS14 wouldn't even repeat it to me!

It all just makes me sick.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #201

In March DS14 will have his permit to drive to/From school, work or church on his own. We plan to start allowing him to drive to/from school at that time. NO MORE BUS with the LOSERS that are all on it with him!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #202

Danielle have you started packing yet?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
This is great, Danielle!

It sounds like all the right things happened at the meeting and your school administration handled it rather well. They hadn't been so...enlightened?...in the past, if memory serves me correctly.

The other mom's reaction is great. She probably wanted to attend the meeting so she could apologize abjectly to you and your DD for her daughter's behavior! (I sure would have wanted to!!)

I'm glad your DD was able to tell her side of things, too.

Lynne
Old 10-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Yikes! No you didn't mention DD19 is moving out! Is she staying close? My niece, also 19, just moved half way across the country. I definitely understand being torn. Part of me is ready for my two to leave (one for the second time lol) and part of me knows they're really not ready. I suppose she'll figure it out, huh? Wow... I swear this part of motherhood has been harder than anything prior. Less busy, but definitely stressful! I like being in control and I have basically none at this point

YAY, 2 more sleeps

I've had an rx for insomnia before, too. I was prescribed amitriptyline, a sleep aid/antidepressant that's known to help with chronic pain (kind of hitting all the bases) and another antidepressant (celexa) after I was told I'd never recover from that car accident. They did their job, but I ditched them both a couple of years ago and have been more or less fine since, but I really may need to get back into the Dr's. I don't wanna but sleep is kind of important.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Monica, the bus is so hard. Your poor DS. It breaks my heart that he was in tears adn wouldn't even tell you what they said Poor guy. I'm sure driving himself will help. Whew. Life is so hard for our teens
Old 10-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ I'm so proud of DD she's been a trooper thru all of this. I guess she really believes the things we've taught her forever, that's she is strong, capable, and worthy, and most of all, use your voice when you have to!!!! I am mortified at what's going on with your boy! Holy crap! Man, peer pressure is everywhere, you could not pay me to be a teenager again. Craziness in the teen world!

And no, I have yet to pack anything. I'm just barely starting laundry and trying to get things situated for the girls while we're gone.. luckily it's kinda a no brainer, just 1 night!

Lynne~ crossing my fingers that everything is resolved. The principal told me that he is a "fix it" kinda guy and he wanted it all fixes ASAP....and in fact, when the first time this happened he wasn't supposed to really be involved as the "1st step"..supposedly it calls for counselors to be involved or something first.. he jumped in and was ready to rumble with this girl instead Sucks that there is such a long list to get through but because of the nature of what happened, this is how they have to handle it.. Still not entirely happy about that but thankful that he at least acknowledged me in my feelings about it all.

Tami~ I have mixed feelings about all of this moving out business.. it'd be different if it was to move to campus for school, etc.. but this is simply just to live because she thinks she's got her big girl panties on now.. DH really thinks that this might be good for her, to really see how much we do for her and that living in the real world isn't all it's cracked up to be. We'll see! I can understand the idea of it, when I was 18 I moved out, I couldn't wait! But, I wasn't deluded into thinking anything was better, I knew it'd be hard but home life was just miserable anything was a better, more positive environment. It's going to be so weird really just having DD17 here.. I mean as it is, DD19 is always gone, but having her stuff gone is gonna be weird.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Tami - I used to take amytriptiline to help me sleep but I started having really bad dreams so they put me on mirtazapine.. its a godsend!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/205/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Monica & Danielle - I can totally relate to all this stuff; for a parent, it is absolutely exhausting and mentally draining.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Tami - I used to take amytriptiline to help me sleep but I started having really bad dreams so they put me on mirtazapine.. its a godsend!
Thanks Gina! I'll keep that in mind shall I have to go that route again!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
move is mostly done. I have all my stuff from the other place. Most of it is unpacked. Have to get rid of boxes to recycle tonight. Also have a box of trash and no trash service here yet. That will be this weekend. Internet is up and running along with the house phone. Directv not so much. Have to wait for them... they are charging me almost 250.00 to transfer service about 6 miles.
Still have a washer and dryer to pick out and get here, then should be done! YAY. Oh other than living room furniture. That will come in time.
Closed Thread