Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Tonight's breakfast was steak salad. Baby spinach, carrot shreds, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms (that tasted bitter so I picked them back off), green onion, steak done med rare, Romano cheese, and of all things ranch dressing. I know it needed a nice vinaigrette but all that stuff is packed already.

Oh the packing note, I should be able to start moving tomorrow. I go pick up the money at 9am, then off to look at places and put in the app. The rental place is willing to work with me cuz I told them what is going on, so they know I need to move now. Can't wait to see my new place. It's gonna be a trailer but I don't care as long as it's a roof over me and my lil boys head and it's ours no one else handles any of the bills. That way I know what's going on instead of getting blind-sided again. Here I've been paying almost all the bills at this place he's only now mentioning how much a month the bills were. The electic I was paying him 75 a month for the whole bill was 100. And here I thought my roommate was a nice guy, guess not.

Oh, Lynne, I had a party last month when I went below 200 is just didn't stick. Here's to hoping it sticks this time.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingAmber
Stats: 229/225/145
Start Date: December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
ShrinkingAmber I bought a Julianne cutter at Bed Bath & Beyond for 9.99.
Woo!!! I totally never knew what a julianne cutter was for or what the point of it was!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #153
Junior LCF Member

Today I was down another pound after nothing yesterday. After induction I'm gonna go back to my weigh ins being weekly only. I like to see how food affects my numbers.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Tonight's dinner I think I'm gonna do a pork fried "rice" I have a pork steak and some riced cauliflower so I figured I'd try it out.

A couple forum questions if you all don't mind? How do we edit our signatures? Also, are we not allowed to post off site links here? Reason I ask about the links is I started a blog and I'm posting recipes and journaling my low carb lifestyle. I figured someone might wanna read it
Old 10-08-2013, 05:44 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Laura! Great that you did find a place! You can make tiny spaces look really cute! Can't wait to hear you all settled in and hope it goes smoothly.

Amber, I love the peeler! I've only done zucchini with it, but it is a wonderful tool. What are your plans for it? I have no imagination sometimes when it comes to veggies.

Well, I weighed myself today! I am 188 point something. I am claiming 188 so there. Three pounds in two weeks.

It takes me a long time to lose weight, but this week I changed things up again. I bought light cream to make a low carb lasagna for work and I did not use it all. So, instead of coconut milk and hemp milk I used cream in my coffee. 1 carb per two tablespoons. I had 32 carbs just in coffee this week.

Then I made the cheddar biscuits twice. I also had tomato soup and bowls of it.

I think a free day may be in order and if anyone could offer opinions or suggestions I'll be willing to hear them!

Flax seed muffins, cheddar biscuits, celery are all on the menu to grab and go as well as laughing cow cheese... I'm going to be late...

Think of Santa today, ladies!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Amber great job on another pound gone! To edit your signature you use the 'User Control Panel' link in the upper left - it's right above the red 'IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL MEMBERS' and just below where it says 'Sexier for Santa Challenge'. From there there's a link to edit your signature, personal info, etc. As for the links... I just don't know. I *think* as long as you're not selling any competing products it can be linked, but it's probably better to run it by an admin. Let me know how the pork fried rice turns out! It's my husband's favorite food, but I'm not sure if he'd go for the cauliflower version. Would be interesting to try

Laura, so glad you found your own place! What a relief! I lived most of my childhood in a trailer. No biggie. A roof is a roof Quick question, do you boil your zucchini noodles? How long? I made a pot of mush the one time I tried to make them. Hmph.

Maureen, I love your enthusiasm! Enjoy the multitude of tiny tights! You're rocking this! Congrats on 3 pounds gone! As for a free day... as long as you know you can jump right back on track I think many of us have one from time to time. As the girls here can tell you temporary derailment is almost always my favorite Mexican place & fruity cocktails I certainly have not found that it helps weight loss. I'm really really good at maintaining, though. Should be a breeze once I get that far! lol

Nothing new to report on the scale today. Last night's dinner was taco salad (used the end of that ground beef that I originally got out for nachos, added taco seasoning & threw over lettuce w/ cheese & sour cream. Not too exciting, but it worked & I wanted to get rid of that ground beef, so mission accomplished. It'll be something with chicken tonight, though I'm not sure what yet. I've been wanting to try stuffing chicken breasts. I've never done it. So I may give that a go? Dunno yet
Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #156
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Maureen, you are so good at recapping for all! Last night we had leftovers for dinner. There was breakfast casserole, pizza, take out and guac! I ended up using the guac !!!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #157

Laura - sorry about the roommate issues! That can be tough!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #158

Tami - let us know how the stuffed chicken goes. Sounds complicated to me!

Last night I prepped a bunch of food that we will be taking places over the next 1 1/2 weeks. Tonight we are taking a breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls to a young couple at church that just had a baby. Then next week for school conferences I agreed to bring 2 casseroles on Monday (doing a pizza pasta dish doubled) and on Wednesday (breakfast casserole dish doubled). I have the hamburger already browned and ready for the pizza casserole. Tomorrow night I will brown the sausage for the breakfast one. Then I also have to make deviled eggs (for the other school).

*whew* Sometimes I am sure my DH would like to kill me for volunteering. OH and I just remembered, they need cookies at the middles school for their end of quarter party! Need to do that Tomorrow night too!!!!!!!!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #159

OH and my son's confirmation is 10/27. We have 28 people coming and all will be at our house after church for lunch! I broke down and just ordered 10 pounds of BBQ meat from a local BBQ place. We plan on doing cheesey potatoes and baked beans with chips with it. Now the meat will be fixed and ready for us! It killed my DH to do that, I finally just put my foot down and said, WE should enjoy the day too!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Met my goal dead on today. 10.2 pounds as of TODAY. I still have 5 days to go before the challenge ends to lose more. I am so proud of myself for sticking through this and making it happen.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
WE should enjoy the day too!!!!!!!!!!
AMEN! You guys are so crazy busy right now. I agree with this thought completely! Whew... I get tired just reading your posts!

Danielle, WOOHOOO
Old 10-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Met my goal dead on today. 10.2 pounds as of TODAY. I still have 5 days to go before the challenge ends to lose more. I am so proud of myself for sticking through this and making it happen.

WTG!! We are so proud of you too!!

It's not too soon for another party, is it??

Lynne
Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandNewMe
Stats: 269.0/249.2/140.0
Start Date: 3/14/14
Great Job, Danielle!!

Maureenlw: I wish I had the answer to that.
I did some research on "why the scale lies" as suggested by someone here, so it could be many things... I'm over it now.

But I lost that pound as of today, so here's to hoping it keeps going down!

Quote:
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Laura~ sorry about the room mate stuff...so glad that now it's just you and you're in control!

Maureen~ my free day's are on Fridays. I'm following Chris Powell's carb cycling plan and it's actually written into the program. Seems to be working! I follow my regular plan and then get 1000 extra calories to do with whatever I want.
You are melting!!!! WTG!

Amber~ you're doing great!!!

Monica~ I need a nap after hearing about all you're up to!

Thanks ladies for the congrat's. It feels good!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #165

WAY TO GO DANIELLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #166

For the record, I am a SUCKER. Whatever needs done or covered, people just know to call me, the BIGGEST LOSER that NEVER SAYS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Monica

I admire you for everything you do for your family. I did all that too up until they hit high school and then I'd just had enough.. but you're an amazing friend & mother. Definitely NOT a loser!
Old 10-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Well I finally sat down to post on here!!! I am excited to accomplish my goal by Thanksgiving!! Then WHEN I do I will focus on Keeping it there for the holidays!! This has been such a long journey but so worth it! Thank God I found LCF one nite I was so depressed that I couldn't ever get to goal ! Every time I stalled I would stop at that point. Then I happened on this site through a low carb search!!
We r going to go see my daughter and her DH for Christmas so that will keep me on WOE. At least until I get there!!! Also they eat real healthy so all will be good!!
Thank You for all the welcoming posts!!

Misscobi our boxer babies r our spoiled kids now!! Is your dog a lab???
I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Wendy~ glad you're here with us! How fun it will be at Christmas to be able to celebrate your goal! LOVE your doggies!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
For the record, I am a SUCKER. Whatever needs done or covered, people just know to call me, the BIGGEST LOSER that NEVER SAYS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto what Danielle said! You are a SAINT not a loser by any stretch of the imagination! Parents like you are hard to find! Trust me I've been in charge of finding them too many times to count & ended up just doing it myself! Part of me really misses those crazy days and part of me says, 'OMG, I'm SO glad I don't have to do that anymore!'

Brandnewme, glad the why scales lie info helped and so glad that pound is gone gone gone

Wendy, my spoiled furbaby is a great dane. He's 3 now, but the pic was taken when he was 5 weeks old, still at his breeder's house, the day I met him and fell head over heals in love He's my fourth dane. They're amazing dogs. We have two basset hounds as well, equally spoiled, though I have to admit the dane truly has my heart & soul.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Tami!

I love Mexican food. I just stopped off shoprite and bough some taco sauce, sour cream and black olives. Ok, I bought heavy cream too. I can whip up something taco-ie. Kinda sorta. I have to figure out the spices. It can take me days to figure out how to put together a meal.

Monica, Wow. That is a busy schedule with parties and events here there and everywhere. How do you manage to find time to do your hair?

Danielle, You do not look old enough to have children who are in high school. I'm going to have to google this man you speak of. I have not read a book on Atkins in so long so perhaps it is time. I know what I can and can't have and how much. 1000 calories to spend on whatever you wish? Nice! I know what I want!!! Doritos and Buffalo Wild Wings.

Cute doggies, Wendy!

What a day! It's over and tomorrow is a new day! I did well on plan so far. I had flax muffins, a coconut muffin, half cup of tomato soup, a few cherry tomatoes and 1 celery with laughing cow cheese.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Maureen~ Aw, you're sweet! I have an almost 21y/o son, a 19y/o daughter & a 17 y/o daughter....the time has gone by fast!
Chris Powell does the show Extreme Weight Loss..not sure if you have seen it? He's written 2 books and I'm following the 2nd.. The logic clicks with me so I guess maybe it's just easy for me to follow? The free days are a nice way to know that I can have extra if I want it. It gives me something to look forward to towards the end of the week & keeps me wanting to stick 100% to plan.

Coconut muffins?? Do tell!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Wow.
Chris Powell's Miracle Weight-Loss Plan, Pt 1 | The Dr. Oz Show
I googled the man and love his teeth. Provided the link for those others who have no clue too. lol

I do have low carb tortillas in the bread box and tons of tomatoes from the garden. I have chicken and eggs.

What do you typically eat? I have to go look at the complete list on Dr. Oz's website.

Dinner tonight was zoodled zucchini with some fresh sauce made from garden tomatoes and a few meat balls. I could eat this every night. I don't like zucchini as a rule, but love love love it like this. I'm am so weird. LOL

Yes, I ate the whole zucchini all by myself. I am the worst! lol
Old 10-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

It's varied...high carb one day, low carb the next, meals every 3 hrs. 5x a day.. Every day for first meal (to be eaten within 30 min. of waking) I have plain greek yogurt w/ granola and a huge bottle of water...You eat high carb every morning regardless of whether it's a LC day or HC day. LC days are a protein+fat+veggies 5x.HC days are protein+carb+veggies 5x. I confess I do not do the veggie in the morning...I just cant stomach it yet. I tend to keep things super simple mainly because my DD17 has gluten & soy allergies so best to keep it pure and simple. All veggies are ok. Root veggies only happen on HC days--carrots, potatoes, etc. Carbs--grains, rice, corn tortillas, brown rice tortillas, whole grain pastas, root veggies, oatmeal, legumes, starchy veggies, and fruits. Proteins are anything from chicken, various lean cuts of beef, dairy-cottage cheese, egg whites, yogurt, protein powders, fish/shellfish. Fats are oils, avocados, cheese, egg yolks. If you go to his website there is a section labeled "carb cycling 101" I'm not entirely sure if the food list is on there or not?
There is always LOTS to eat and I have yet to feel deprived. For me it works, but for some it may feel too restrictive. YMMV like all plans.

Oh, and Chris and his family live here in AZ. I'd love to run into them someday!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Today I'm up a pound but I guess that's life. Ate well not out of induction so my body is just doing strange things I guess lol!

Tami - The pork fried rice came out tasty but if your hubby eats rice often it's not gonna be convincing as rice. If you call it pork fried cauliflower then that is more accurate! Lol.

Monica - Girl that's a lot of cooking!!! Sounds yummy though!!!

Danielle - HECK YEAH!!! Congrats on hitting your goal!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #176
Junior LCF Member

Also, just figured out why I couldn't find my signature stuff. I'm too new lol!!! Oh well makes sense they don't want dumb spammers up in here.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grubchow
Stats: 216/195/155, 5'5"F
WOE: no sugar, very little grains
Start Date: restart Aug 2011
Awesome, Danielle!

I like listening to podcasts by Jimmy Moore (livin la vida lowcarb) while I clean and such... He was interviewing Kiefer (?) (which I honestly don't know if it's a first or last name) who wrote "The Carb Nite Solution." It is carb cycling with eating in nutritional ketosis the rest of the time, in 6 month stints. So, eat in NK (under 35 g net carbs, lots of fat) for 6 days, and on day 7 eat "whatever" carbs you want in a 3-4 hour window.

I know that I wouldn't be able to eat, say donuts in the carb feed, because I'd go on a carb bender, but the program sounds interesting. I'm gonna google around on it a bit. If I'm honest with myself, that's probably how I end up eating many weeks anyway!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Quote:
WTG
Old 10-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Hello all...

I have nothing really exciting to post - no gains or losses in the last few days...no complaints! Work is very busy, and I predict I will be working long hours for the next few weeks. Last nights dinner was chicken fajitas, guacaomole & side salad. Tonight I made Linda Sue's Spinach Lasagna recipe. Tomorrow and Thursday are leftover/fend for yourself days!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Ok so I signed papers for the new place today and I get to move in tomorrow. The new place has the laminate wood floors that I love until I get my own house and get real wood floors. The place is great and has a fireplace, that I can't set fires in but I'm gonna put a grouping of candles in there for the glow. The master bedroom is hugh just can't wait until tomorrow. Oh and the kitchen has a ton of cabinets. I have to wait to move until 5pm which is gonna suck hopefully I can get some sleep.

Tonights dinner was hamburger with cream cheese and rotel. Needed quick and easy since I got up 1 hour before I had to leave for work. The next few days are gonna be hectic!

OH it's party time again!!!!!! As of today I have lost 51# I'm down to 194.6.:jumpj oy:

Tami I saute the zucchini noodles in a little olive oil with some garlic powder. Supper yummy!

Wendy yer babies are so cute!!!

Danielle my son is 24. Where does the time go? It seems just yesterday I was trying to get him to walk and talk!
Closed Thread