Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Monica, for the life of me I can't remember the name...it's a dance movie.. not a blockbuster But I love the dance stuff, Step Up movies are my fave!

Plans for weekend....hhmmmmmm....Tomorrow will probably be dinner & movie maybe..... I have plans to just clean house and clean out my closet..real fun stuff...but we'll be gone the following weekend so I wanna get some of the deep cleaning done ahead of time!

Breakfast was yesterday and it went off without a hitch. All the girls were thrilled with the choices she had. Ironically, those muffins.... they had a ton of the chocolate chocolate-chip ones so DD came home with some. I'm ignoring until tomorrow when i can have a little bit of one... good grief!

Stacy~ apple picking sounds like fun!!! Mmmmm, I love apples
I miss having all my kids around to do fun family stuff. Enjoy!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Danielle, so glad the headache is gone! YAY for .2 more pounds being gone, too. Every little bit counts! I'm sure you can hit your challenge goal! I'm hoping for two more so I can see a new low Enjoy the movies

Thanks Monica. For what it's worth I haven't found holding my breath to be a very effective weight loss tool anyway

Stacy, your weekend sounds nice! We haven't been up to the apple orchards here in a few years. I'll have to see if we can work that in. It's always a good time. Then again, maybe I'll wait until my sis is here with my nephew at the end of the month. It's going to be so much fun doing stuff like that with them!

Dinner tonight will probably be hamburgers... patty for me with some salad & maybe a veggie?

Weekend plans... nothing that I know of for Saturday. Sunday I'm heading to a dog show with friends. We plan to hang out until early afternoon and then grab some lunch. Should be fun. Then Sunday night I'd like to watch football, but the Raiders play super late. They kick off at 8:30 I think? I may tell hubs that we can go to the bar to watch the game. He'll love the chance to play darts, but not sure either of us will want to stay up that late on a Sunday night.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Dinner tonight will probably be hamburgers... patty for me with some salad & maybe a veggie?
Yum - that is my favorite dinner!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Came down 3 pounds today so getting back on track but still not there...
Dinner tonight .. I can't decide. Either Cheesy ground beef enchiladas or creamy burrito casserole I think. Both look good I know the casserole is I had it before it didn't last long. I have a list on the kindle that has what all I can make for dinner... sometimes it's so hard to make a decision.

Stacy - turnips. I peel cube and boil mine. Make mashed turnips. Use them as potatoes in shepherd's pie, hash and potato salad. Used them boiled then chilled and sliced in a German potato salad. Also boiled and sliced to use as fried potatoes. Oh and even boiled, cut into french fries and deep fried.... All yummy.

Last edited by LauraDavis; 10-03-2013 at 02:23 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Catching up as I've been offline for a day or two, went visiting my Grandad in the home again which is a mega treck over to my Mums on the train then a drive over to the home and back to Mums then train back for me and I had to wait an hour for my connection home cold and tired but still managed to stay at 520 calories... Definite win: Good DD when travelling but still didn't see any downward movement on the scale yesterday morning.. think I may be in need of a decent BM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I am at a crossroads. DD's aren't working at all for me lately. Could be I seem to have a small case of a tummy bug. Blood sugar crashes more and more. GOing to do higher DD's for a while 800-1000c. I may just maintain. Not sure! 172.6 today
Give yourself a few rotations of no pressure and get back on it, you've done so well you need to stop stressing about the numbers hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
TOM arrived on cue (which was nice since it didn't last month!) and brought the whoosh fairy with him. I love when they travel together. Always good to have a silver lining to good ole Uncle Tom's visits. I'm down 2 this morning, back to 188.
Woohoo for the -2!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Scale back down again minus another -.2 this time. Phew! I'm just glad to have that 1lb gain gone! However, Saturday marks my new week and the last week before my challenge ends....I dunno if I'm gonna be able to eek out 2.2 pounds by Sat. after next. I'll do my darndest for sure, but I wanna win dangit! I think I may do what Chris calls a turbo cycle which is more days LC than HC.. maybe that'll do the trick?

Anywho, just pluggin away over here..have some food prep to get done today and then off to the movies with the kiddo.. I just hope I don't have to get up to pee every 5 min. while we're there Forgot about the movies and I'm already floating, so...... Guess maybe a seat on the end is where I'll be. HA!
You're doing so well Danielle, this carb cycling really seems to be working for you! On the days where you eat carbs what do you do about calories? are they still restricted?

Quote:
It's FRIDAY-EVE all, plans for the weekend?
Absolutely diddley squat! Wayne is out at a gig Sunday night but other than that we have no plans this weekend and seen as the weather forecast is for wet & miserable I'm all for have a duvet day or 2 and catching up on some movies... anyone got any recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Came down 3 pounds today so getting back on track but still not there...
Laura that's a great drop, well done you!! x

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 10-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Stacy - OH Apple picking. Such a FALL type activity! LOVE THAT! I can't wait to go to the pumpkin patch!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #97

Danielle - Of all things, GLUTEN filled muffins at your house! Is there a food pantry or homeless meal center in your town you could donate them to? That's what I would do! Enjoy the movies!

Tami - so, we have known each other.....a while. You are a RAIDER fan??? Really??? I am a RAIDER HATER! Chief's fan her. Just this season do I have something to cheer about (SO FAR)! Enjoy the DOG show. Sounds like fun!

Laura - either sound great. Which did you choose???

Gina - Good thinking. With my current tummy issues, my blood sugar is even more unstable. I will take it easy!

Tonight DD11 has another school dance...SHE CAN'T WAIT! The theme is sports team/jersey. She and 3 of her softball buddies plan to all dress alike in their Hummers jerseys and such. Hair the same and socks the same! FUN STUFF! DS14 is staying at a friends all weekend. We will drop him off at 6:00 p.m. tonight and won't see him till Noon Sunday!

Saturday my DD11's team is working a festival for a fund raiser. We are doing a bake sale and an indian taco sale. For the bake sale DH has made 6 pies and 14 loaves of sweet bread. I made funfetti cupcakes with PINK icing and no bake cookies (funny right?) We will be there 9-5! Then tomorrow night is DD11's birthday party. 10 girls all around the age of 11-12 spending the night! She asked for a karaoke machine for her birthday, so I am hoping that keeps them busy for HOURS! We will also rent 2 movies!

Sunday - R E C O V E R ALso I will teach Sunday School. That afternoon the youth group is doing a service project, we will probably go help with that and then that evening we are celebrating our "in town Grandma's" 80th birthday. Dinner with her and her 2 daughters!

It's a FULL weekend indeed! FUN times here!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
Old 10-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Oh my word Monica... I do not know how you do it!!
I'm exhausted just reading your plans for Saturday x
Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tami - so, we have known each other.....a while. You are a RAIDER fan??? Really??? I am a RAIDER HATER!
Of course you are, dear I have to tell you that the first time I went to Kansas (Kansas City) for dog stuff just happened to be when the Raiders were in town. The hotel we stayed at had HUGE 'Welcome Chief's Fans' banners, was decorated in Red, the whole deal. However, almost equally large, was a single 'Welcome Raider Fans' banner hung over the check in counter. I thought it was sweet and it set the tone for such a delightful visit where every local person we met was kind and considerate and customer service was excellent everywhere we went. I really do love your state... and it's passion for it's football team

I grew up in Central California. My dad was a 49er fan. You know how well my dad & I got along so I've been a Raider Fan since I was old enough to choose my own team to cheer for I our new young quarterback and pray he can remain injury free for a bit. The team has a lot of potential if they can pull it all together. We'll see. Good luck next week

Ok, diet, food, what? Didn't lose anything this morning and now that I've blabbered on about football and the household is up and moving I'll have to come back & get caught up in a little bit.

Happy Friday, y'all
Old 10-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina~ you had such a great DD despite all that traveling! Go you!
On high carb days I get 1500 calories and it's plenty. Eating 5x a day and the right combo of food really does something for the hunger factor. I've had 1 day on a LC day where I was super hungry thought I was gonna die....well, the following day I realized I'd missed a meal

Monica~ There were only 6 DD had 12 more but she gave them to 2 of her teachers to take home to their kiddos.. Thank God!

Tami~ I dunno....might be kinda hard for us to be friends....I'm a 9'ers fan!
---------------

Dropped another pound today. YES! Only 1.2 left to lose before next Saturday. Phew! Now all I gotta worry about is date night tonight.
I will follow plan all day and then probably keep things lc still at dinner...I'll just enjoy some things that aren't on the food list..like some wings!

Temps lowering alittle today....89. Nah, I should be thankful it's not 100! lol

One more week til P!nk!!!!!! So excited! We booked our room and rental car so we're all set. DH is so cute, he was all worried about me being able to stay on plan that weekend...I told him there is no way I'm going to be able to maintain 5 meals while sitting in a car for 6 hrs and then sitting in a line outside for another 6+ hrs.. it is what it is and I'll just keep my calories low. It's all I can do! I'm ok with that, I just want to get thru this challenge that ends the morning we leave so I know that I won it and have some fun. Any extra weight I gain for the 2 days I know will be gone in a few days when back on track 100%.

Have a great weekend, ladies! ♥♥
Old 10-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Happy Friday!!

My report: dd-UD-dd-UD-dd-UD...

So far a good little string of 6 beads on this challenge!

On football: I am a rabid soccer fan, and I cheer for Costa Rica in the world cup though they didn't make it very far last time, because my heart is in Costa Rica although my body still lives in Oregon .

But on the NFL front, I was impressed with the record the Seahawk fans broke last month - loudness. The 12th man (and woman, and child) rocks!!

Tami, I just love your reason for being a Raiders fan! You go on with your bad ole self, girl.

Danielle, thanks for the info, and it sounds like carb cycling is not exactly compatible with JUDDD, but it sure sounds like it's working for you where JUDDD wasn't exactly getting the job done. We are all such individuals, aren't we? One size def does NOT fit all.

Monica, Sorry about your blood sugar troubles, and sounds like a good plan to back off a little on the DD's.

I've been having some JUDDD fallout I'd forgotten about, too - I had some trouble sleeping the other night. I forgot that happens to me with 500 c. dd's. However, my overall stress level is WAY down, so I think I can adjust. My plan is to carry on and get back on theanine serene; but if I find that I *can't* adapt I'm going to have to nudge my DD's upward, too. Gotta sleep.

You are one busy mama but your life sounds like so much fun!

Gina, well played DD while cold and tired and on the train all day!!

Grubchow, good job on your loss!

Laura, turnips in german 'potato' salad sounds awesome!! Also, your food sounds delish. I think I'm coming to your house tonight.

Stacy, apple picking! Have a great time. I'd have a hard time staying out of them, too.

Have a great weekend, ladies!! The weather has cleared up here on the coast for a few days, so we're off to the Aquarium in Newport tomorrow morning.

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #102

How's GAVIN feeling Lynne? How are my VAMPIRES??????
Old 10-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Lynne~ my son LOVES soccer. He loves coming home so he can watch soccer on the huge tv in the living room LOL
I would do JUDDD in a heartbeat if it meant that I could actually lose weight with it. Love it. However, the longer I am on this, I love this too and feel really good and satisfied with the foods I get to eat. It has taught me ALOT about portion control and patience. I can only hope that the 2nd month is as easy as the first has been!
Enjoy the aqaurium. I love going to those, so calming and peaceful.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
How's GAVIN feeling Lynne? How are my VAMPIRES??????
Gavin is back to his normal, sneaky, ornery, too-charming-for-his-own-good, wonderful self. He's still taking his antibiotics for the duration, but he feels better and he's back to school.

The vampires are coming along right on schedule-ish. Hope you don't hate me because they are more or less the bad guys. At least in the first book. At least most of them. Oh, it's complicated. Let's just say that (for now) our hero is very much against them.

Hey, some news:
My copyright numbers came through from the government this week (before the shutdown, yay). I sent them along to my attorney, who will be using them to file the lawsuit shortly (perhaps after one more attempt to negotiate). Look out, McGraw-Hill, you messed with the wrong nobody!

Danielle, I've been learning more about portion control this time around, too. We might be doing different plans, but we're on the same page!

Lynne
Old 10-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, so glad Gavin is feeling better! I'm loving your UD-dd beads. Great job! Enjoy the aquarium. So fun!

Monica, what a busy fun filled crazy weekend! Love it! I'm sure the karaoke will be a big hit!

Danielle, I can't believe you're only a week out from Pink! I know you're excited! Congrats on another pound gone! I'd love to say you've got this, but I don't want to jinx you! Good luck w/ date night tonight. No wings on plan? Ok, that plan is not for me! lol

Laura, Congrats on 3 pounds gone!

Gina, enjoy your duvet day.... sounds devine! Sorry no help with movies. How's granddad doing?

We're big soccer fans as well, but really don't get to watch as much as we'd like. Hubby & I both played soccer through high school, then raised our kids playing soccer until they turned into fish We truly do love the sport & the enthusiasm of the fans.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

After they've been sick it's kinda nice to have them become lil devils again, huh? I know it's always a little relief to see them be mischievous cause I know they're feeling better!

Portion control.... MAN! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you're actually listening to your body. I'm shocked at how little I can "actually" eat!

Awesome to hear the numbers came in! Get 'em!!!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ I guess technically you could consider them on plan since my free day is whatever I want it to be. I just can't have them as a staple in my meals and judging from my past, they were often.

So, I decided to have some of a chocolate muffin.. maybe half way through and I was done. Satisfied, chocolate fix taken care of. Normally I'd have blazed through this one and gone looking for more. Times, they are a'changin'!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Sorry guys not real with it today... down to 198.6 so still coming down. not too bad for being 205 2 days ago. Hope everyone's weekend is good..
Old 10-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Regarding football; I just can't get into it. I've tried but to no avail, I'm bored out of my scull I prefer hockey and am a Blackhawks fan!

Monica - I live for weekends like that....my kids are getting older and its slowing down in that department over here. My high-schoolers are starting to have friends that drive and they will too shortly. I used to be a part time "mom cab driver" on my nights and weekends for all the activities.

Danielle/Laura - yay on those losses... you are plugging along!

I'm plugging along too - Despite the fact that I was too lazy to track my eating this week, I must have done pretty good with induction levels, this morning my scale showed a 4lb loss since Monday....I'll take it!!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Stacy~ great job on the loss!

LOVE sports. Every sport except basketball...now THAT is boring! I love hockey...'cept I'm a 'Wings fan. We owned a sports card & memorabilia shop in the bay area years ago, we had so much fun every day...miss those days.

Kids grow fast, don't they? I can't believe I have 1 left here and she is barely home as it is. I am bracing myself, I survived 2 hs graduations and didn't cry, but the baby....c'mon let's be real!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandNewMe
Stats: 269.0/249.2/140.0
Start Date: 3/14/14
Danielle, great job on having only 1/2 of that chocolate muffin - ugh that sounds so good right now but NO.

Today, I finally broke out of the crazy 250's... (BARELY) at 249.8.

Now, on to my next goal, which is to say bye-bye to the 240's.

When I started this journey 12 days ago, I was over 260, so I'm super excited.

Now that all the water weight is gone, it's time to get even more serious.

I got a membership at the gym and plan to start working out this week to help push things along...
Old 10-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Kim!
GREAT JOB on the losses so far, that's fantastic!! The gym will only serve to push you even further to success.

Weather here is glorious....for the moment... A high of 85 is very tolerable. What's helping it feel good is the breeze that's going on. Please, Fall, hurry up and get here!!!

Weight is up this morning, but to be expected. Free days will do that and it's something that I'm actually growing to dread during the week--the extra calories are sometimes not worth eating Altho' I have to admit, yesterday's was....One word: Chipotle. Boom!
Chugging the water today, the bounce should be gone in a couple days.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

WooHoo Stacy, Kim, & Laura! Kim, breaking into a new 'decade' is huge! Great job ladies!!!

Danielle, hope you enjoyed your free day

Nothing new to report here. My scale seems frozen at 188. At this point I would die if it said 185... soon soon soon I hope! I made some cream of spinach (like) soup with some of the homemade broth from the other day. It's edible
Old 10-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Weekend dinner plans:
Tonight - Fajita chicken strips, peppers, onions served w/guac & sour cream side salad
Sunday - grilled brats, lc broccoli casserole concoction, side salad
Old 10-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Tami - how did you make that soup, it sounds so good!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami, free day was good. Ended up just doing Chipotle for myself because DH was going to be home late.. OMG! Heaven in a bowl. I did have some chips & guac too which totally overshot my calories by about 200.. the scale let me know it today, too. I know it'll go away as I held on to my entire day with calories and kept it all LC.. water weight just sucks rocks!

Next week I'm supposed to do an all high carb week...I'm not gonna tho. I KNOW the scale will bounce up and I have got to win this bet that ends on Sunday.. 1.2 lbs left..you bet your sweet bippy I am doing another week of cycling
Old 10-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Tami - how did you make that soup, it sounds so good!
It really was decent. I've made a very similar soup with broccoli before and thought I had grabbed a bag of broccoli from the freezer & set it in the sink to defrost. When I went to grab it I realized it was chopped spinach. I figured it would work and it did. It was really filling! Into the blender I put a couple of cups of chicken broth, about 1/4 cup heavy cream, half the bag of chopped spinach - maybe 1 cup?, blended, put in a pot, then simmered & stirred until it thickened quite a bit. Put it in a bowl & added (way too much - 1/2 cup?) shredded cheese to the top & stirred it in. I was only able to finish about half of it, because it was so filling.

Now... talk to me about your broccoli casserole

DS21 brought home one of those commercial sized bags of corn chips (nacho chips). He coaches for one of the local high schools and they had them left over at the snack bar. One of the parents made him take them home. I'm sure he didn't argue much. lol. So hubby said he'd make some really good nachos tonight. I'll have the toppings w/out chips... today will be a bit high in calories, but my body doesn't seem to mind that much. Often I'll drop a bit after a high calorie day.

Last edited by misscobi; 10-05-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Old 10-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Next week I'm supposed to do an all high carb week...I'm not gonna tho. I KNOW the scale will bounce up and I have got to win this bet that ends on Sunday.. 1.2 lbs left..you bet your sweet bippy I am doing another week of cycling
Sounds like a plan. Does he encourage flexibility in the plan like that or would he prefer you do it as written? I'd have a hard time with a high carb week while trying to win a challenge, too! Good luck!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

I really have no idea. I can't remember for the life of me if he wrote about any situation like that in the book or not. I was tempted to write to him about it but feel really silly asking him about a weight challenge and if I can cheat the cycle I'm just gonna fly with it and actually probably keep the entire week relatively low carb instead of alternating....I'll make my own plan, yet!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Whatever works
Closed Thread