Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Tami~ sshhhhh, no big ears or double chin...look in the mirror again I know what you mean tho! Yes, a bob is SO easy and sometimes I get tempted to whack mine all off again when it feels like my hair refuses to dry!!! Food sounds

Monica~ no, she has a p/o for costco so it's just a matter of ordering the muffins(all300+ of them!) and picking those up along with other goodies, drinks, etc. Shoulda seen us today trying to get everything in the car And OMG who knew that muffins could be SO heavy! DH reminded me that they *are* each the size of my head, so yeah, of course they're gonna be heavy! We have to load it all back up at 6am to take it to the school..thank goodness some young whipper snappers will be there waiting to take it all in! All the stuff she got, I admit I was kinda drooling over the pumpkin spice muffins....

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Tami - I've never made beer can chicken before; this sounds good!

Tami/Monica/Danielle - I'm totally prepared for the husband to speed past me! He did well today He was like, so ice cream has carbs right? (joking)
Old 10-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondie79
Stats: 215/180/155
WOE: Atkins & gluten free
Start Date: 6/2/2013
I want to join the challenge!

I've gotten more than half-way to my first goal (I would have to be 155 to just sqeak into the normal range on bmi scale) and need to find a new motivation. Maybe a challenge to be sexy for santa will do the trick. 215/180/155
Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
I see a lot of familiar faces here. I'd like to join. I need more support right now gettin through a stressful month and want to be sexy for when I go home at the end of December. I think I can get to 185 before I go home... here's to hoping and workin it to get there.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Tami - I've never made beer can chicken before; this sounds good!

Tami/Monica/Danielle - I'm totally prepared for the husband to speed past me! He did well today He was like, so ice cream has carbs right? (joking)
Ooooo that husband...what a kidder! Seriously tho', he'll have that ice cream and STILL lose. Just kills me how quickly men can lose weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie79 View Post
I've gotten more than half-way to my first goal (I would have to be 155 to just sqeak into the normal range on bmi scale) and need to find a new motivation. Maybe a challenge to be sexy for santa will do the trick. 215/180/155
Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
I see a lot of familiar faces here. I'd like to join. I need more support right now gettin through a stressful month and want to be sexy for when I go home at the end of December. I think I can get to 185 before I go home... here's to hoping and workin it to get there.
Hey Laura! Glad to have you here...I think this will be good for you.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
DS14 follows JUDDD and has lost right at 40 pounds since APril and has grown 4+ inches in height since then. So the 40 pounds doesn't truly reflect his actual loss. He is so much happier now!

Yesterday was a Higher Up day! But I didn't throw it all in the tube and just EAT. I will call that a small win!
Monica, when I hear what your DS has managed to achieve at 14 years old in terms of self-discipline and persistence, I can't wait to see what he does with his life. I think this past year's achievement has been so impressive, and it just gets better and better!!

I agree with your UD being a small win. For me, that's a huge win.

Danielle, the carb cycling plan, I've been reading a little about it on Chris Powell's website. I'm not sure I completely get it, but it sounds like it could be compatible with JUDDD if DDs were lc and UDs were more or less high carb. From your experience of reading the book and using his program, would you agree?

You're having so much success that I'm being tempted.

Tami, thank you for the . I'm a little buried right now, and just trying to put one foot in front of the other.

I can't find a ticker and make it work. But I've managed to string 4 days together back to back that are perfect JUDDD! I know I can do this!!

dd-UD-dd-UD...and today is dd.

Yesterday I went 90 calories over on my UD because I was starving, but I also walked 2 and a half miles so...I'm calling it good.

Happy Wednesday, all!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Sharing my induction dinner today - I thawed too many pork chops yesterday, so we are having them again today. This time I'll be making them grecian-style (broiled) and roasted broccoli. I'll make either a side salad OR mashed cauliflower depending on my mood later. Have a great day!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Ummmmmm, honestly....I dunno.

LC days are to be no more/no less than 1200 cals...HC days are to be no more/no less than 1500.. of course if you're hardcore working out I think you could up them... I saw that somewhere but I'll have to think of where, cause it escapes me at the moment
I know it's been quite easy for me to rotate days because of JUDDD. If I'm wanting, say, cheese, and it's a HC day, I KNOW I can have it the next day.. It's weird how my cravings have only been for what I'm allowed to eat, just not on the day I'm allowed to eat it.

I love this plan with my whole heart. I believe in it 1000%. It's healthy, it's satisfying, and it works if you work it. Usually by the 3rd week I'm struggling and the scale is all over the place so by now I'm already trying to figure out what to tweak or change. I don't feel compelled to do that yet. Relief!

GREAT JOB on all those days strung together! That's what it's all about, girly!! Yay, YOU!!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Welcome Blondie & Laura!

Danielle, hope the food drop off went well... that is a lot of work for one kiddo... but you know having 'extra help' usually ends up meaning extra work, so yeah... glad it's over & I bet you are too! Oh, and the double chin is receding, but nothing really hides these ears <gg>.

Yum, Stacy! Pork chops are always good

You're doing great, Lynne! Kudos to you!

Beer can chicken is really good... but hubby was running late & I didn't feel like dealing with the bbq so just threw it in the oven. Still good! We have a lot left, so I'm going to go cut it up & have it over salad later. Hubby has stuff going on tonight, so it'll probably be my lunch and dinner

Oh, and it's officially mid week and scale still isn't budging! TOM is approaching, so that could be the holdup. Blah. Mexican was still worth it, tho
Old 10-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Stacy, oh how I wish I liked pork chops. What do you do with yours?

Tami, survived the drop off...ironically DH was the one who had to take her, his car's bigger than mine I was nice enough tho' to wake up at the crack of dawn to help him load it all I'm just glad it's all gone from here!!! The smell of chocolate and cinnamon all night was hard to ignore with hungreds of those muffins sitting in here!
Scale will move soon...dang that TOM! Always comes to ruin everything

So I tried this pre-made guacamole from costco today..was kinda skeptical because I've had some pre-made before and it was oogie.. *This* however was total amazeballs and I was in heaven. So nice not to have to make it from scratch all the time and know if I get an urge I can enjoy....a good fat for sure and today is LC day!
Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Danielle, I'm not a huge fan of them myself, but I do buy them to have on hand as the rest of the family seems to love them. Usually, I'm not too creative with pork chops, so I buy those Lawry's marinades (the varieties that are 3g of carb or less) in the bottle and just marinade away. Last night, I used the Chile-Lime one, broiled them and it was really good. Today, I made one from scratch by googling "greacian pork chops. The marinade is olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, worcestershire, salt/pepper/garlic powder/onion powder. It sounds pretty decent we will find out!

Last edited by Stacy O; 10-02-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Stacy~ Oooo I didn't think of doing those marinades...Hmmmmmmm I just don't care for them but my hubby loves them.. just give the man some applesauce and he's all over it I did these ones with some paprika and salt and pepper...they were meh. I always feel like they don't ever taste like anything no matter what they're seasoned with I'll have to think about doing a marinade and see if that is better.. I get bored with my proteins so this would be nice to change it up! And they're cheap!

UGH! So I have had the headache from you know where today.. Ibuprophen 2x and still nothing.. Right now I'm feeling sorta migraine-y..I just made some coffee to see if maybe that will touch it a bit...it's not a good thing to feel dizzy when I have to drive to fetch the kiddo Tried almond milk in it since my HWC is out for the day---and really any day since I don't want to waste my calories on it --- it's not bad. Of course it doesn't make my coffee thick and luxurious but it's doable. Not bad for a "free beverage" so it's not costing me anything off my food list.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh. Sorry about the headache, Danielle!

For pork chops I usually marinate as well. I usually use whatever juice I happen to have (orange or lemon usually - sometimes a little apple), watered down with some other stuff thrown in, like worcestershire, liquid smoke, things like that for pork chops. I can never recreate a recipe, because I seriously open bottles smell them and add whatever I think smells ok with whatever I've already used. The Lowry marinades sounds like a great idea!

This morning I threw the chicken carcass from yesterday along with the onion & garlic I had roasted inside the bird in the crockpot and covered with water. My house smells amazing right now. I think I'll have soup & salad for dinner
Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ sounds sittin here still with a headache
You crack me up with your cooking, I totally wish I could be like that!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

haha... it helps that everyone has very very low expectations of my cooking

So if it doesn't turn out, I haven't wasted an hour looking for recipes and an hour shopping for weird ingredients. I'm much happier if I just give it a try and it's usually edible
Old 10-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Stacy let me know how the pork chops turn out.. They sound good and I have about 4 bags of pork chops in the freezer... I love Kroger's manager's specials! I'll have to try recreating the recipe I had published for pork chop merinade... I'll work on that this weekend. Lemon juice, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce... I'll keep thinking about it. It's sure to come back to me.

DesertGurl hope your headache eases up.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

HAHA! Tami!!! You're so funny, but I'm pretty sure you're cookings pretty great... usually the kids and the husband are the first to actually say it like it is....At least in my house!

Laura, thanks! It's a dull roar right now, but still there. Hoping that a good nights sleep will do the trick.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
usually the kids and the husband are the first to actually say it like it is....At least in my house!
2 of 3 of mine are troopers. DS19 often rolls his eyes and goes and gets takeout. Although, he did try my coconut flour pancakes yesterday morning. Hubby & DS21 are more like 'food is food'. lol
Old 10-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

My son is the "food is food" camp, along with dh most of the time. However, he will eat it and then after the fact say something insinuating either it wasn't his fave or asking if I intend to ever make it again. My girls, well, let's just say there have been numerous nights where the 2 of them are eating a sandwich with some fruit. 17 & 19 and they still don't get that I'm not running a restaurant.... I quit doing the fight with them and just say, more for me and keep moving! Life got suddenly much easier that way!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grubchow
Stats: 216/195/155, 5'5"F
WOE: no sugar, very little grains
Start Date: restart Aug 2011
Danielle: It's fun hearing about your experiences with the Chris Powell carb cycling program. I was just randomly looking that up a few weeks back, and it seemed like something I will try one of these days.

misscobi: I just wrote down your coconut flour pancake "recipe" and I'm going to try it out in the morning! (Need to use some eggs, so great timing!) My kids will usually eat any kind of pancake, as long as there is either butter/cinnamon or syrup involved. I'm trying a new thing of mixing some plain greek yogurt with stevia and vanilla, and I use that as my syrup.

Greetings to all the fellow newer members of the challenge!
I lost at today's weigh in, down a pound from last week, to 194. Woot!

Tonight's dinner was Veg/beef soup I made in the crockpot a few days back. Usually the family eats it together for one meal, and then I eat the leftovers for the rest of the week--works for me! I'm loving substituting turnips in for potatoes, and also I've been adding chopped jicima--it holds a crunch really nicey, even in the crockpot.

(I think this is right) 195/194/183 SFSchallenge
Old 10-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

grubchow~ well, thanks! I'm glad I'm not boring everyone to death with it all I never in a million years thought that I'd actually stick to this. I had attempted to do this a couple months ago and I just wasn't ready. It truly is a comittment! But, like any other plan, it's really no different, I just wasn't ready to show up for myself.

Good luck with the pancakes! I miss the days where I could disguise stuff with the kids I actually eat plain greek w/ some truvia & cinnamon along w some granola for breakfast every morning. I LOVE it. It's my easiest meal of the day

WTG on the pound lost!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #82
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
to all the new people. FLY BY FOR ME!

Lynne - nice seeing you girl!

I am at a crossroads. DD's aren't working at all for me lately. Could be I seem to have a small case of a tummy bug. Blood sugar crashes more and more. GOing to do higher DD's for a while 800-1000c. I may just maintain. Not sure! 172.6 today
Old 10-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Grubchow, let me know what you think of the pancakes. I don't do a lot of substitute 'carby' food, so they're a real treat for me You're 'syrup' sounds pretty decent as well! Great idea! And, of course, congrats on the loss! Gotta love that!

Danielle, how's the headache?

Monica, sorry DD's have been rough Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones who can up DD cals and still lose

TOM arrived on cue (which was nice since it didn't last month!) and brought the whoosh fairy with him. I love when they travel together. Always good to have a silver lining to good ole Uncle Tom's visits. I'm down 2 this morning, back to 188.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Laura - the grecian pork chops turned out pretty good to me...I love anything with lemon, garlic and olive oil.

Grubchow - I can't recall the last time I had a turnip. How did you put them in with your soup, did you just peel and chop and throw in and let cook for the day? How do they taste compared to potatotes? I need a turnip tutorial!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ maybe your body likes where you're at?...Maybe try shaking things up with a different style of eating for awhile? At any rate, you look fabulous so keep that chin up, you'll figure it out!

Tami~ headache finally went away at some point during the night. I went to sleep with it. Still no idea wth was wrong? I knew it! I knew you'd drop some good numbers!
----------------------------

Back from asthma doc. appt. with DD17. All is well despite the fact she's lost a couple more pounds Dr. asked about it and I explained that she is to see the gastro doc next month for this very reason--to gauge her weight--and she seemed ok with that..told DD to make sure she's eating. OYE. If only it were that simple cause this kid is PICKY!

Scale back down again minus another -.2 this time. Phew! I'm just glad to have that 1lb gain gone! However, Saturday marks my new week and the last week before my challenge ends....I dunno if I'm gonna be able to eek out 2.2 pounds by Sat. after next. I'll do my darndest for sure, but I wanna win dangit! I think I may do what Chris calls a turbo cycle which is more days LC than HC.. maybe that'll do the trick?

Anywho, just pluggin away over here..have some food prep to get done today and then off to the movies with the kiddo.. I just hope I don't have to get up to pee every 5 min. while we're there Forgot about the movies and I'm already floating, so...... Guess maybe a seat on the end is where I'll be. HA!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
. Always good to have a silver lining to good ole Uncle Tom's visits. I'm down 2 this morning, back to 188.
WOOHOO! Awesome girl! I am not holding my breath on upping DD and losing. Hoping to maintain.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Dinner tonight - Everyone in the house has something going on tonight, so I will make myself some Lemon pepper cod (frozen package from Costco) and side salad OR maybe just some thawed shrimp dipped in lc coctail sauce.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #88

Danielle - what movie are you seeing? How did the breakfast go today?

It's FRIDAY-EVE all, plans for the weekend?
Old 10-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #89

Stacy, sounds YUMMY as always!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
It's FRIDAY-EVE all, plans for the weekend?
Yay for Friday eve! I'll be doing some house projects and doing a family outing on Sunday. Taking the teens out for breakfast, then to an apple orchard to pick apples and do other fun stuff there. We haven't done something like that in a while, so I think they will enjoy it. It will be hard not to eat those apples! I'll be shipping some to my DD at college - which i know she will appreciate.
Closed Thread