Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #691
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Lynne~ Crazy weather! It gets under 50 here and you should see the people Heck, you cover your ears, I'd have been under the dash slip-sliding on ice!

MAJOR congrats on your anniversary with no alcohol. Very proud of you!

You've learned alot to help keep you going for life....it's exciting to think that, now, weight won't ever be a major hiccup in life, huh? You've got this!!

Aw, yes, my hubbs is such a good guy! We had many lean years where we didn't get to exchange gifts with eachother so we're kinda making up for lost time. He's ALWAYS good to me though and spoils me year-round so I'm kinda scratching my head as to what he could have up his sleeve. I would LOVE tickets to something, but for the life of me I can't imagine what they could be for?

Be careful if you guys head out today!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #692
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Elf is my FAVE too! We have also ordered 4 Christmases. That is another Classic! I love Vince Vaughn!

Lynne - I agree, 2 years sober is GREAT! Keep it up!

Danielle - stay warm girl!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #693
Blabbermouth!!!

4 Christmases is such a cute movie. I OD'd on it last year

Heck, I was out in my short-sleeves and flip-flops...it was beautiful today!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #694

Danielle -Enjoy the BEAutiful weather girl!

Tuesday ladies! I took the kids out to allow them to pick out something for DH! Got it home and DD12 wrapped it! Another thing off the list! I now have all the gifts in a box at the office in my safe room there! LOCK AND KEY! We aren't at home for Christmas, so I don't mess with putting them under the tree. We open at my parents house on 12/24,

Since we are going on a cruise from 12/29 - 01/05, I only have part day 12/24 off and all day 12/25! It will be a quick trip down there and then, back home so I can work 12/26 and 12/27! Bring on the tropical weather over New Years!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
Old 12-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #695
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, that cruise sounds lovely!!!! You are one busy bee, I tell ya! I am at a total loss as to what to get DH--he buys everything when he wants it pretty much so he makes it difficult. Ggrrr!

Had a really hard time sleeping last night. I hate when DH is gone! Yes, it was nice to be able to watch what I wanted, but just odd not to have him there, yanno? I don't like it! Glad he comes home tonight.

My kooky body released 2 of the pounds I've been fighting with since Friday...I give up trying to figure it out LOL Just praying to get the rest off soon!!

Walking outdoors today, that's the goal.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #696
Blabbermouth!!!

Yoooo hooooooo anybody home?!!!! Gettin kinda lonely in here!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #697
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
HI there - update for me....still no losses, but no gains. I know I'm not following induction, so you get what ya pay for!

Yesterday morning was 1 degree outside. When I went to take DD16 to school, it had climbed to 6 degrees.

I love ELF!! And Vince Vaughn!!! OMG ENJOY THE CRUISE
Old 12-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Hey girls! Did someone say CRUISE and a tropical one at that?!? Sounds pretty amazing right about now! I think we may have to work on that for next winter!

I hope you're all doing well! I swear I'll try to catch up (again!) soon!

Things have been crazy busy here and very cold, but not as cold as some of you, of course. Brrrrrrrr, Stacy! I had my first two 'real' babysitting shifts for the nephew. He's SUCH an easy baby. Really really easy! Sad to admit it was actually a bit boring, but exhausting all at the same time. How DOES that happen? DS & BIL are both working now. BIL is in construction/remodeling, so I told them I'd trade him babysitting time for house repair/remodel type stuff. We'll see how that goes. It's not like I wouldn't have watched the little bug anyway, but they were offering to pay & I think this makes us all happier than paying me essentially hour for hour what my sister makes right now. So, I've been overtired and overeating cruddy stuff. Nothing horrible, but nothing GOOD either. Another little carb-cation going on here, which I KNOW will not get me where I want to be. I'm having such a hard time fighting this battle lately. I know it's all mental. I may coast through the holidays, not sure yet. I said this 7 years ago and SHTF in early January after those holidays & led me to my highest weight ever. Obviously, that CAN NOT happen again. It won't. I hadn't thought of that before typing this out, but it's a very good reminder. Dilly dallying is one thing, throwing in the towel, even temporarily can't happen.

Anyway, really hope you're all doing well & getting a chance to enjoy the upcoming holidays while staying as warm as possible!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #699

OH Tami, I strongly suggest a cruise during wintertime! Nothing like being somewhere in the SUNSHINE and WARMTH knowing back home it is COLD!

Coasting throught the holiday's is my plan too! MY goal is to Maintain! staying at 168! I bet babysitting is just awesome! We never had family in town, so it was a minimum of 2 hour drive to get a FREE SITTER!!!!!

It's December and life is NUTS!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #700

Plans for the Holiday?
Old 12-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #701

FUn weekend ahead for me. Tonight DD12 and I are heading to Quarter Mania. Google it. It looks like so much fun! I have 3 rolls of quarters ready for us to go. While we are there, DH and DS15 (birthday for him) are going to a movie I think. Either that or DS15 will go with his girlfriend Aimee. Once that is all done, we are going out to a dinner of HIS choice for his birthday.

Tomorrow DS15 has debate all day. I plan to make a stop at the High Schools holiday sale, then DH, DD12 and I are heading to KState for nephew's college graduation. Once we get home from that, we will probably kick back have dinner at the house and chill.

Sunday is Church/SS kids program. Then DH and I have to gather all the supplies for our Work's holiday baskets. We are sending out cookies/party mix/sweet bread/coffee/cocoa/mugs to 24 of our best customers/associates. DD12's softball teams made all the cookies and party mix for it. We are making a generous donation for their upcoming year of playing!

WHEW, busy weekend for us!!!!

168.0 for me this a.m.! Maybe 167.X by Monday????? hope so!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #702
Blabbermouth!!!

Another busy weekend for our girl Monica! Makes me tired just thinkin about it all! Do you and DH work together? Oh gosh, DS is turning 16....this is when life gets very interesting with the kiddos!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #703

NO DS is turning 15, I just changed it early!

DH and I do work together. WE have for almost 15 years now. It's a small office. Only 5 of us here and 2 others at other locations!
Old 12-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #704
Blabbermouth!!!

Oohhhh ok! Welp, whichever age, those teen yeas have practically done me in I swear they're harder than when they were babies!

HOw nice to be able to work together... DH and I did that for years too, it was fun..the best part was when we owned our own business and we called the shots
Old 12-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #705
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello lovely ladies!

Been like a crazy Santa's workshop over here Running and running some more trying to get everything done that I left til near the last minute Thankfully DH has been home the last couple days to help me pick up the slack... turns out we're having a lot harder time finding cool stuff for DD19 that ISN'T clothes The girl seriously has a Hot Topic store in her closet already and DH is determined to not buy her any clothes for Xmas.. yeah, I think in the end, out of sheer desperation, he's gonna relent

Weight is still doing the bouncy-bounce.. eh, I'm over it already and just settling for content if I'm done anything this month! I was SO hoping to be at my challenge goal by 12/21 but I don't know that it's gonna happen.

Hope you are well!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:34 AM   #706

I'm not going to make it either. I think I will be 3 pounds off! DANG IT!

It's busy here. Food is everywhere and I am going to TRY to have a 600c DD...BUT I'm already STARVING!!!! I will probably eat something here soon!

Hope everyone is well! MISS YOU ALL!
Old 12-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

Hi girls! Just checking in real fast before heading out to watch the baby. Today's the long day of the week where I have him 7-5ish. I'm still not eating on plan and for the first time can FEEL it in my pants! My fear of getting on the scale sure isn't stopping the weight from flying back. Sigh. No way I'm making goal, but I need to do a little something quick.

Hugs and warm holiday wishes to you all...
Old 12-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #708

TAMI -OH HOW FUN! Watching the baby today! It's the LAND OF NEVER NO!!!!

Don't fret it. My mindset right now is to maintain till 01/07/14!

Then we need to start a new challenge!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #709
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

I'm here, just distracted. I'm in mid-divorce, filed all the paperwork, waiting for response. If all goes well, it should be final by mid-January. It's been a long time coming, almost 12 years, and it's a difficult time of the year for it.

For once, I'm torn between two very good things; I've got the opportunity to rally a family support network here on the coast for families of developmentally disabled kids, and there's a grant from the state of Oregon closing 1/17 which would enable us to do some really neat community-building things here. I know this would be good, and I'm the one to do it.

On the other hand, I have these vampires. I need a little breathing room to write. I need rest and energy and time to "compost" - even get a little bored. This is the work that matters to me, that I've been working toward being able to do. I have to do this.

Now...can I do both? Can I strike the balance, and without neglecting my son?

Tami, remember Gary Taubes in "Why we get fat", saying that your body packs on fat in the presence of insulin? If you can switch to low-carb treats (that awesome chocolate stuff you make with coconut oil, maybe?) and low-carb regular food, you can damp down the vicious-cycle insulin response and contain the damage until you find your sea legs again. Sure, if you eat 5000 calories of low carb food every day for the next month you might gain some weight...but it won't be much. It's the insulin, baby.

At least, this is what I'm telling myself these days, as I plant my ice axe in the snow with low-carb ice cream and pray that it will hold.

Happy Merry, y'all -

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #710
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I'm not going to make it either. I think I will be 3 pounds off! DANG IT!

It's busy here. Food is everywhere and I am going to TRY to have a 600c DD...BUT I'm already STARVING!!!! I will probably eat something here soon!

Hope everyone is well! MISS YOU ALL!
Well, I WAS 1.4 away from hitting my goal as of yesterday (see stats) and then this morning I went UP again 1.2 Crazy body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post

Hi girls! Just checking in real fast before heading out to watch the baby. Today's the long day of the week where I have him 7-5ish. I'm still not eating on plan and for the first time can FEEL it in my pants! My fear of getting on the scale sure isn't stopping the weight from flying back. Sigh. No way I'm making goal, but I need to do a little something quick.

Hugs and warm holiday wishes to you all...
Tammi, enjoy that baby!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #711
Blabbermouth!!!

Lynne~ 12 years? I'm sorry, friend
Wow, it sounds like there is some exciting things that could happen In the community with that $! Is there anyone you know that would be willing to partner with you, that way maybe leaving you some breathing room to write? The world needs more people like you, willing to contemplate stuff like this and make it happen.

Great advice for Tami! I tend to go back to low carb when I'm extra starving or feeling like I'm on the edge...it does tend to push back any rush of a binge.

Hang in there lady, we're rooting for you!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #712

Lynne- tough decision indeed. Know that we support you in whatever you choose.

Danielle - DANG SCALE!!!!!!!!!! DARN IT!
Old 12-19-2013, 05:32 AM   #713

It's FRIDAY - EVE ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the weekend! Plans???

We are hosting a holiday party tomorrow night. It started out small, then turned big. Thankfully it is at the ceramics shop in town. Looks like 25 people are attending! We are serving food/drink all while people do either ceramics or glass!

My family will all be here and they are spending the night. On Saturday my parents will head home and take DD12 with them. We will arrive on Christmas eve morning OR late Monday night.

Sunday we are taking DS15 and his girlfriend to Trans Siberian Orchestra and Dinner before. FUN EVENING!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:07 AM   #714
Blabbermouth!!!

This has been the longest week ever!

Sounds like a great weekend, Monica!

Same ole thing around here, I think...date night tomorrow night, and it's just more shopping and holiday prep. Crazy times right now!

I'm back down to 229.4...just .2 UP from my low... praying I lose a bit more for tomorrow's weigh in before I begin my reward day----yanno, I'm really growing to dread those days Irony, or what?
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #715

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
12 weeks. Well the last challenge was EPIC fail for me. Started at 169 ended at 173! OOPS!

Start: 173
Goal: 165

8 freaking pounds in 12 weeks. You would think that is doable. I am geared up to make it happen!
Well it's a FAIL for me, not an epic FAIL, but a FAIL!

167.2 this a.m.
Don't get me wrong, I was doing the Happy Dance for that number! Still, not what I set for myself back when we started 12 weeks ago!

I'll take what I can get. Since just before Thanksgiving, I am down 4.8 pounds. I call that a WIN for December.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #716
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, I think you did awesome...you're so close to goal already..you look fantastic! No failure IMO.

Well, mine is a fail also...I came super close if you look at my low from 3 days ago.. : 247.8/229.2/227.8

I had 1.4 left to lose!!!

If you go by today's weigh-in...not-so-great
247.8/231.8/227.8........missed it by 4 pounds.

So not fair! Sometimes I really hate my body!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

First, I must strongly disagree with the "fail" talk!! No, no, NO!! Voltaire said it first and best, that the perfect is the enemy of the good. He didn't say "the perfect is the superior older sister of the good who actually is right"; he said "the enemy", as in "the bad guy". I believe him.

Monica, Danielle, you have done *so* brilliantly this challenge. You know that, right? You're winding me up with all this "fail" stuff.

Monica, in my opinion your progress (or apparent lack thereof) is only because you're on the short side of the 80/20 rule, if you know what I mean. It's taking a lot of effort to gain a little ground on your weight loss, because you're so close to goal. That's no reflection on the effort you've made, or the value of the effort. Everybody has to lose the last 10 pounds, it's always a lot of effort for a little result; and also everybody says maintenance is way harder than weight loss. For all intents and purposes, you're in maintenance. Great, great job.

Danielle, you found your WOE this challenge. The heavenly chorus sings!! And didn't you just rock it, too, reward days and all! I've been around here long enough to know that this has been a long time coming, and you've kept the faith through a lot of effort that just didn't get the results you deserved. And here you are, you made it!! You did it!! Great, great, great!!

Sorry about all the !!, I'm very excited.

Me... I guess I'll say I stuck to my determination and didn't tweak, but I fell out of the crockpot a few times, occasionally on my head.
I'm not where I'd like to be on the scale, but I'm here - not bingeing on snack food, not drinking, not squandering all my weight loss progress of the past year. Or, actually two years, now. Wow.

The crockpot works for me. I can do it. I've learned there are some things I have to watch out for, like the slippery slope of easy carbs, the wintertime blues, divorce, life changes...but I can do it.

Back to work for me. Thank you for being so supportive of me through everything, ladies. It really means a lot!

Happy Friday!!

Lynne
Old 12-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #718
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Happy Friday!

I'm hoping that by mid-January, I will be on LCF more often....things are just getting in the way. I'm off on Monday & Tuesday and visiting family both days. I have NYE off as well. I have an out of town 3 day business meeting the second week in January and then the week after, my DD19 goes back to school....just busy! I've kept my 16lbs off - bouncing back and forth within 3 lbs. and now husband has caught up with me...he has lost 16 lbs too! He is doing REALLY well! Anyhow - still on loose lc and plan to be through next week as well. I have not been doing any creative cooking lately either...its Panera for dinner tonight in fact.

I'll try to check in in the next few days but if not - Happy Holidays to all!

Stacy

Old 12-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #719

Well said Lynne!!!! Love you girl.

Danielle, we are all works in progress. Just look at how far you have come !!!

Stacy - enjoy your days off !!! See you in 2014.

Tami you have a great holiday too!!
Old 12-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #720
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas, ladies!!! Love & miss you all!

We've had a blast with the baby lately. His mom & dad had to work yesterday, but my DH didn't so it was his idea to take the baby to the zoo We had a ball. We're headed over there in a little bit to get this party started

I haven't gotten on the scale, but know it's really high... also know it'll come off eventually. That was excellent advise, Lynne! It's definitely the carbs & insulin response that sends my body into a tail spin. I'll fix that soon!
Closed Thread