Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I got a wonderful present! I know yer not suppose to get presents for Thanksgiving but I loved it so much might try again next year! My DBF is finally here after like 5 months of waiting... I couldn't be happier!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Everyone ready to get back on track and rock December with me?
Yes we are!!

I am having a brand new struggle with the snack attack; motivated by something completely different.

After some more navel gazing, I think this week's snacking is coming from a place of food memory and tradition surrounding the holidays. My reptilian brain associates the holidays with endless snacking, which feels comforting and like "home".

I'm gonna make a whole new tradition this year called 'having my cake and eating it too'!!

I'm reading something interesting about cue exposure therapy and addiction (pdf). I've got addiction in my family, so maybe have a more addiction-type relationship with 'treat' food than some folks but - this was interesting.

Laura, what a nice surprise!!

Me... talk to you all more tomorrow morning...I have news!

Happy Sunday!!
Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #663
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Ohhhhhhh way to leave us hangin, dear Lynne! Inquiring minds wanna know!!!!

I can so relate to the idea of relating to the holidays and comfort eating with tradition...I think that's kinda what I was experiencing the day after Thanksgiving and the urges I felt to just splurge.. Was much easier to get over it once I quit beating myself up about it

I am working at relosing the "gain" I found this weekend Just another 1.6 to find the low I had last week! I really want to meet my goal for this challenge, cause i have YET to do it once Hoping to break into the "20's" by the end of this week.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 12-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
I did survive the leftovers, though it was dicey! I had a bite of hub's leftover cherry pie because I hadn't tried it on Thursday... maybe another bite or two here or there on Friday, but all good since. Definitely ready to rock December! Holy cow I need to log a few good weeks before Santa arrives with more treats again! I'm still up a few, so not sure I'll make any real headway with this challenge (which honestly is getting old and I"m sure y'all are sick of hearing about it - the reasons why are quite obvious. ) but anyway, hope to get back to my previous low before I blow it again on Christmas. I really don't think I'll do Christmas on plan, so it is what it is and I'll be ready to lose with all the New Year's resolution folks come January (Dec. 26th really). I will get to 160. I swear I will.

Laura, what a great gift! Hope you're enjoying every second!

Lynne, will be reading the pdf while waiting for NEWS! I hope it's good news.. great news... amazing news! Waiting... waiting...
Old 12-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

p.s. holy long pdf, batman
Old 12-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Here's the news: I got a Thanksgiving e-card from my Uncle Chuck, in which he said he is sending me his electric scooter this week!! He's looking for an extra helmet for Muffin, and a shipping company, and le scoot should be here soon!

Tami, hey, at least I warned you it was a pdf! And it's 9 pages, not 300, don't scare people!!

The capsule version is that there are ways and tricks to mastering your habits rather than being mastered by them, and the key is knowing your vulnerabilities, having a plan, and working the plan.

I discovered a trick in there which puts my semi-professional *procrastination* skills to good use. (Yes, yes, I'm brilliant at putting things off. We all gotta have a specialty. Anyway.)

So...when the urge to snack comes on, and I've decided to interrupt what I'm doing and go get that snack, I go check the clock instead. 15 minutes later, I am welcome to go get that snack, no sweat, no guilt, just for working the plan. By the time 15 minutes has gone by, the knee-jerk response has been circumvented, the urgency has passed, and I'm back in the drivers seat...deciding. Do I want it or not? 15 minutes is short enough that it's not unbearable, and long enough to allow all the voices in my head to quiet down.

That's just *one* of the tricks, tailored for me. There are lots. YMMV.

Danielle, you're doing great!! FWIW, I think it was very smart to go back to what you *know* works, you know how to do it, you know it doesn't make you suffer. The holidays are rough seas for all of us, one way or another.

I hope everyone's holiday was great!

Happy Monday!!
Lynne
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Awww, something tells me little man is going to love a scooter! He's going to be the hit of the hood

Good stuff in the article. I love the example you pulled out & tailored for yourself. I'm a huge fan of mind tricks and 'whatever works'. Hmmm... so 15 minutes from now I could finish off the last of the t-day desert? haha... nope, not going to go there. That particular plan of attack wouldn't work well for me... but again, whatever works & if it works for you then it has immense value! Good stuff
Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #668
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Lynne
I think it's wonderful that you are finding ways to keep moving forward. Whatever works is all that matters!
Great news about the scooter! That will be very useful for sure

.6 away from that low....the ole bod is really gonna make me work for it!
Crazy to think that I could be in the 20's by the end of this week!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:26 AM   #669
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning all! So sorry I have been MIA. Things are still crazy at work and home for me. Had a great Thanksgiving. WE had a fabulous time in CO! The cabin we rented was amazing. Truly on the edge of the mountain. Best view ever. We could see Keystone ski trails, lake Dillon and all of Silverthorne! LOVED IT! I ate all week. No down day at all since Sunday the 24th! OH MY! Today is a Down Day for me! I haven't weighed yet. Truly afraid to. OH WELL! We ate, We drank, we had a great time!

The girls all loved Black Friday shopping. We had a 8 year old, 10 year old, 12 year old, 17 year old and 3 OLD LADIES ! Those crazy girls had us out there form 8:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. MAN was I tired! LOL

Hope you all are doing well. I have missed you.

Looks like you all are trudging along! Hope you continue to do well. I need to ROCK December for Sure!!!!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-20.html
Old 12-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #670
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica!!!!! Missed you!!
What a great holiday. It all sounds absolutely lovely! OMG, shopping for that many hours in the crowds, I'd have gone nuts. Brave girl, you!!
I wouldn't worry about the scale, you'll pull it in....the good part is that you had an amazing time with your family. Glad you're back!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #671

I am glad to be back too! I have been battling a tummy issue for a week now. I don't feel bad, just have bathroom issues! Maybe that will help with the scale!?!??!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #672
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh, I'm so sorry. That is the worst It could help tho? Just stay hydrated!!!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Monica! So glad to see you back! Sounds like you had a fantastic holiday! Sure hope the tummy issues resolve soon!

Danielle, you're still doing so amazingly well! Very proud of you & happy for you!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #674

I was glad to see everyone here had a great holiday!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #675

Well I did the weigh in. 168.6 I think my tummy bug greatly helped me out! LOL I guess I will take it. Hoping to get down 3 more pounds before the JOLLY HOLIDAY! I think that will get me at the goal for this challenge! I will go check.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #676

Quote:
Start: 173
Goal: 165

Looks like 165 was it!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #677
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ so close! You got this!

Tami~ thanks! I'm determined to have a stellar weight loss month despite all the temptaion...it's going to be HARD! Thanksgiving set me back almost a week to get back to where I was before it...not sure I wanna do that again for Christmas or not?

I am going to attempt the exercise thing. I'm feeling restless lately and I'm figuring that might be why?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome, Monica! You're getting so close! I'm tempted to ask you to send the tummy bug this way, but naaaah... no thank you. Hope you're feeling better!

Danielle, whatcha gonna try? I keep thinking I should at least get back to walking, but it's so cold here... yes, cold by California standards, but still cold w/ lows in the 20's. Brrr. Anyway, curious what you're going to try...
Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #679

Danielle - you got this girl. You will ROCK December.

Tami - honestly, this is the bug to have. I feel fine, except when NATURE CALLS! TMI!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #680

It's FRIDAY- EVE all! How come the week after a holiday week is so HARD and LONG!??!?!

Food is back in check with my set rotations. MWF Up day, TTH Down days, then pick either Saturday or Sunday as a DD. This week, it will be Saturday. We are celebrating Christmas with my DH's family all day SUnday! YUM! Food/Wine/presents! What's not to LOVE?!?!?!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #681
Blabbermouth!!!

This week has felt like an eternity!!! So glad the weekend is almost here.

Monica~ Sunday sounds fun!!

Where is everyone? Yoooo hoooooo!!!!!!

Sitting here with frozen feet.... we're at about 40 degrees this morning..and my toes are like ice cubes We'll have mid-50's as our high all week...that is like music to my ears!

Has anyone finished Xmas shopping? Even started? I've bought only a few things for 1 kid...so much to do still!!! My procrastination is in full effect, apparently

Sitting at a new low this morning--just a tiny one but I'll take it! So excited to see the 20's!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #682

Where is everyone indeed??!?!?!?!

OH it is chilly weather for you girl! Stay warm! It was 13* here this a.m. with horrible wind. I dare guess the wind chill was probably 0*! BRRRRRR Thank you GOD for garages and heated seats in the car. Within 1 minute in my car, it is nice and toasty! Now prewarming necessary! LOVE THAT.

I am almost done shopping. I have a few "fillers" to get on Saturday. Stuff for goodie baskets I do. I think I will hit Bath and Body works and get it all knocked out. Then Saturday afternoon I plan to wrap and finalize it all. We are getting the kids new Iphones for Christmas. I will order those online next week. Confirmed that ATT will be able to activate them till 10:00 p.m. Christmas eve! Hate to give them and then say, now wait until 12/26 to get them up and running! LOL

Get on it Danielle. I had most done before Thanksgiving. Then I ordered online the stuff I still needed.

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the weekend! We have a busy one ahead of us....as normal!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #683
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh gosh, I dunno if I could do 13 degrees! I am, after all, a California girl at heart, still!

I love BBW! I could spend a fortune in there every time I walk in there..I really gotta have restraint when I walk in there. I just bought a ton of candles and soap for the holidays--soo yummy!

This is the first year in a really long time that I am not mostly done by now... part of my problem is the 2 older kids have yet to really say what it is they'd like...I have some ideas of what *I* would get them but I want them to actually like what they're getting DS texted last night to say, hey how 'bout a new deck for my car, the volume knob just broke Ok! Now we're in business!!! DD17 is easy...I just gotta ply her with clothes and stuff from Sephora and that girl is in heaven! Oooooooo iPhones! I just got a new one last week--I love it. I've been an android girl for a long time so this has been fun getting used to ios!

I am incredibly sore this morning--did about 35 min. of a workout dvd...holy sweat, Batman! So incredibly out of shape it's funny! sucking it up and will do some more today....I am determined to make this a part of my day even if it's walking 20 min. in the afternoons.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Weekend girls! Sorry I've been MIA a bit as well. Just busy getting stuff ready for Christmas, plus had my back cramp up on me right between the shoulder blades so have been avoiding slouching over the keyboard as much as possible. I picked up a couple of new stretches and strengthening exercises. Hopefully they'll help in the long run, but short term they just make other parts hurt. lol. Regardless it seems to be getting better. No real complaints. It just is what it is.

Good for you for getting a workout in, Danielle! Sweat is good, right?

We all love our iPhones here. Lucky kiddos My guys got iPhone 4's a few years ago for Christmas and we're at the point now where I'm not renewing their contracts anymore so they're stuck with what they have until they buy their own... mean mommy... but my guys are OLD. haha.

Have a great weekend everyone. Super cold here, too, with lows in the mid 20's. Fun fun fun... not so much, but I think we'll live
Old 12-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #685
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Tami, great to see you! I still have to get all the Christmas stuff out...I keep procrastinating
Sorry to hear about the back, that is not a good thing! I have been hurting all over for the last 2 days with those workouts and I felt alot of it in my back, too, so I commiserate. And yes, I keep trying to convince myself that sweat is good!

DD17 got the iPhone 5 last year and has been bugging for a 5S since I got mine last week... crazy kid! I keep trying to convince her it's pretty much the same thing...so far she ain't buying it! The 2 bigger ones have the 5's too and DH is the lone holdout with an android still.. I think he's still mad at me for jumping ship into the land of IOS

Ugh, I'm feeling kinda like garbage today...too much sodium yesterday on reward day..the scale is up over 2 lbs because of it too. Went to bed feeling like I had a rock in my tummy.. I was supposed to begin an entire week of all high carb days starting today....I think I'm going to LC for a couple days first and then start it...I was feeling so icky today i could not bring myself to do the higher carbs w/ 1500 cals today So, sticking to low carb for a couple days and hopefully get to feeling better and saying adios to the gain on the scale.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #686
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Hi ladies...I'm hanging in here, hope everyone is well. I'm nursing a sore lower back and pinched nerve in my neck. I feel so old...but I know its my job right now that has to be contributing to this. My shopping is 2/3 done. Danielle, as soon as I feel better, I'm going to do some workout dvds too...keep it up !
Old 12-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Hey ladies sorry I've been MIA. John is here finally and just don't seem to have enough time for everything now. I'm sure I'll get a routine down soon. I am doing well with weight loss though. I'm down to 188.0.

Hope to check in tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #688

Danielle
Quote:
Oh gosh, I dunno if I could do 13 degrees! I am, after all, a California girl at heart, still!
--Saturday morning it was ZERO degrees here! Now, that's COLD!

Stick with what makes your body feel best. If you need to hold off on the HC, do so!

Tami - sorry to hear about your back. That is NO FUN! I don't blame you for making the older boys get their own plan. It's about time!

Stacy - way to workout through the busy time of year!

Laura - Way to go on the 80's girl! Keep it up!

Busy, but great weekend here. I even watched 3 movies! Elf, Santa Clause and The Internship! We had a fire in the fireplace all afternoon/evening on Saturday! LOVE THAT! I finished up my shopping and even did most of the wrapping. I have the kids' stuff at the office, I plan to finish that up today when I have a break! 168.6 Sunday morning!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #689
Blabbermouth!!!

Stacy~ Feel better, hon! I've kinda laid off of the working out the last couple days...I was SO sore I couldn't move.. I'll begin again today..

Laura~ good to see you. Hope you guys are settling in and having some fun!

Monica~ You? Relaxing weekend? Really? Ya mean you weren't running in 12 different directions the whole time? I am so glad!!
Aw, I love Elf...one of my fave movies!
______________-

Scale went down a smidge... -.2 I guess it's something...but sheesh! I am just praying there isn't going to be another bounce back UP!

Just going to stick with normal rotations this week. Just can't bring myself to do an all high carb week for some reason...

DH is headed out of town for the night for a work thing.. this will give me a good chance to go shopping for his Christmas gifts and hide them! He's been teasing me for the last week that I am going to be so spoile this year..I ask where my stuff's at and he just smiles... I know it's somewhere in this house!

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

It's been below freezing here on the coast for almost a week! This temperature is unheard of around here. The hot water heater is stashed away on the outside of the trailer because when they built this old girl they couldn't imagine the pipes would really, seriously freeze! Yesterday we only had water in Gavin's bathroom, and no hot water at all; but last night the hot water came back in for most of the house (though not the kitchen) so we got baths and did laundry. Last week I stocked up on everything, so as long as the weather warms up within the next day or two, we're good.

There is a half inch of ice on the road, and folks are chaining up. My neighbors from Idaho are bewildered They told me yesterday they saw a lady sliding down a little hill in her SUV with her hands nowhere near the wheel, covering her eyes. I said, it wasn't me, was it? On second thought, it wouldn't be me; I'd be covering my ears.

I look at it this way: with a good hard freeze, at least the mold will die back a little.

I'm realizing that I have to keep a wary eye on the carbs in the winter. I probably said this last winter too. But the same metabolic/mental thing that moves me towards alcohol (have I congratulated myself for 2 years without alcohol yet? If not, then yay me!! Thanksgiving is my anniversary) also moves me towards sugar and easy carbs, especially in conjunction with the holidays.

Having more tools in the toolchest is really helpful! Ten years ago, twenty years ago, I had nothing. I had a desire to exercise and eat healthy, but was stuck in a pattern I couldn't get out of. Then I discovered I could manage my eating when I ate low carb, and lose weight, though everyone was against it at the time. Atkins was the devil back then. Then...one tool after another. JUDDD has helped me learn portion control and making peace with carbs. 'French women don't get fat' taught me how to wisely have my cake and eat it too, because this spoiled girl must have her treats.

Monica, Zero?? that is cold!! I'm glad you got to watch a few movies. Elf is a classic.

Danielle, your DH is awesome. You should clone him. Now I can't wait to see what you're getting for Christmas!! What could it be?? I think it's tickets to something.

Me too on the procrastination.

Tami, that *is* cold for your part of the world. We're all cold!! Danielle is down to 40 degrees, so that's almost to the 'hell freezing over' point, right?

Laura, no worries, you've got the best reason in the world to be MIA . Enjoy your holiday!!

Stacy, I hope you feel better soon! It's awful when what we have to do, the job, makes us hurt. Not fair!! Good on ya for getting the shopping done. I haven't even started.

We may brave the elements and get out today. Bored!

Happy Monday ladies!!

Lynne
Closed Thread