Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Lynne any negative comments you need to let go right over your head. To hell with them. I think most people would be supportive, they would be there because they love your work.

Maureen no more candy... bad evil candy that taunts your from the other room...I hate when it does that. The gloves, I might be able to make them. You wouldn't be able to wear them as they would have 6 fingers and a wierd cuff that didn't match one to the other.

Danielle you just have to have faith that before she does anything really stupid like gets pregnant or married she figures life out or at least realizes that she doesn't know everything and that maybe mom isn't stupid. I'll pray for ya. I'm just so glad I had a boy. They just take longer to grow up.... 24 and still stupid.

Tami I think we need to threaten our sales with taking out their batteries! That'll fix them!

and also a lot of them are here: https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/l...ion-buddy.html

Next big goal for me....180 or 65# down

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 05:02 AM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Hi ya'll.

I have 5 minutes....

Laura...lol six fingered gloves. LOL

Nope not back on plan, but no candy and chips. I did go to mcd's yesterday and and then some guy took me out and I had a few glasses of wine and half a quasadia. It was a more moderate day than the last week so I feel better about it.

Yesterday, clients came in. So, wore my hunter/teal green burned out velvet skirt with a more of a peridot lace cami and black sweater. The two greens did work because I tied them in with a old green camio that matched the tank that I found at a consignment shop and then at a bead show I bought a multi strand dark green chiffon ribbon necklace; I can't think of the term as I'm too tired.

So, everyone was starring at the necklace and the way it worked together. The necklace had an old gold tone chain when I bought it which was ugly.

I think I can put a pin back on it too and wear in a scarf or decorate a handbag...

Oh, and I just had an idea for the ribbon necklace too last night. You know those look weaving kits the kid are all about these days? Well they have little plastic rings to hold the elastics on. I can put that on the ribbon and then an hair elastic (those black ones) and use another to attach to the other side and the ribbon choker will now make a hair accessory or I may need two hair ties to go under my hair for the length and stretch...I don't know. I've not done it yet...

I wish I were not so creative because I don't wear half the stuff I think up in my head as I don't have the body shape yet or the guts to wear the wild or as many days in a week! LOL LOL

The chokers at the bead show were only $2 so I picked up a bunch in different colors.

So, hopefully back on plan today.

Work is ok. The big guy has not come back down to talk to me. We have a new signing atty and stacks of my letters have come back and my boss reviews and sends them back, but I get nervous when I see that.

And, my letter runner told me she saw a new atty over there and that means doom too as more letters will come back until they know what they are doing....

Sigh...

I think it is going to be a simple day of a black long sleeve tshirt, black and white scarf, jeans and gold flats...

Have a great day...I'm going to be late for work if I type one more thing...
Old 11-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #633
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
I finally hit my 20lb milestone today! I was beginning to think it would never happen because it was teasing me the last couple days. The best part, it was virtually painless getting here!

Only 6.4 more to go to hit my goal for this challenge--I totally believe I'm gonna make it!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
WooHooo Danielle!!!

So happy for you girl!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Haha, Laura, I have an old fashioned spring/dial type with no batteries. To kill this sucker I'd have to get a little more creative - but it could be done! I have easily seen it flying out of my second story bathroom window

Maureen, you're such a hoot with your clothes & accessories. It's somewhat foreign to this mom who has either been a stay at home mom or a preschool teacher for the last two decades plus! Love it!

I was 186 today, so back into 'ok' territory. Hopefully I can shed a couple more in the next couple days to really be happy with where I'm at. We'll see.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

Thanks for the love . I know my fear is not all that rational . And I agree with you all that Stephen King is a scary looking guy and I also figure he doesn't lose a lot of sleep over it, either.

Note to self: People are going to think and say stupid stuff, no matter what you do or don't do, so...go ahead and DO.

Danielle, 20 pounds!! - okay not birthday but needed party hats -

The 'painless' bit is a good sign, isn't it?

Laura, at 6 fingered gloves...me too .

Tami, you are a shameless flirt! I'm the same way with taking pictures on vacations. I figure I'm not filming a documentary, I'm having fun. I've tried, but I can't do both of those things at the same time.

Monica, vampires are coming along nicely. The story has taken on its own momentum now and I really feel like a passenger some days. I believe you're going to love it.

FWIW, I think you're doing great on the challenge. You're very close to goal, so all the practice you get for long term maintenance is a solid win! No hurry, right? Life is long? Tortoise and hare, et cetera?

Maureen, fashion-wise, I'm pretty sure I need an intervention. I love how you transform yourself into a work of art every day! I'm also loving how you are able to describe your fashions so vividly with language and make us all with you - you are a rockin writer!!

Me... crockpot is definitely back on simmer. I'm tightening down on DDs from 1000 (770 yesterday), UDs back to 2000. Taking it easy until after TG.

There's not much to talk about in my life. Thank goodness.

Back to work.

Happy Wednesday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #637
Blabbermouth!!!

Can I just say that having TOM for the third time in the last month truly TRULY bites!

Maureen, I'm with Tami...SAHM for so many years that my official uniform is capris and a t-shirt I do jeans, flip-flops, and not much else... I really do wanna get out of this though..I think the more weight I lose I will be more inclined to branch out into other kinds of clothing..I'll have to come to you, our fashion guru for all my style tips!

Tami, there is ALWAYS the option to run the damn thing over with the car... I've come close several times!

Lynne, yes, painless is very good! I can't wait to meet your vampires...sounds so fun! Awesomeness for no drama today--that's ALWAYS a good day

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Tami, you are a shameless flirt!
Omg, Lynne. I You!

I was sitting here thinking, 'Shameless flirt? Me? I've never been called a flirt.' Then it dawned on me! YES, I HAVE! I really used to be quite the tease when I was a teen. Wow... perhaps that long lost flirt has found her way back? Wouldn't that be fun?

Interesting how we see ourselves, isn't it? This guy, though... there is no way you could look him in the eye and NOT comment on his bod. Mid to Late 20's, tight t-shirt that accentuated every rippling muscle and arms, well too big for me to reach half way around! He was definitely a cutie, but I didn't see it as flirting at all. Hmmm. Funny

Glad there's not too much going on in your life right now & that the vamps are coming along nicely. I can't wait to read their story

Danielle... oye girl! I can not imagine. Time for a doctor's appt? Ugh. Not fun!

Oh yes, and running over the scale would certainly do the trick. I think I'll use my hubby's jacked up jeep with the giant tires for that
Old 11-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #639
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Hope everyone is doing well! I am SLAMMED at work and home is as bad! Still hanging in there.... 169.4 today
Old 11-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Still hanging in there.... 169.4 today
Look at you go skinny mini! Keep hanging in there. Obviously it's working Just keep thinking short week, extremely short week...
Old 11-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
HI everyone!!!!

Danielle....wow. clamdiggity. Look at you lose that weight! I am so proud of you!

Lynn, thank you, that is a very nice compliment!

Monica, stop being so busy!!!

Hi Tami.....meet any MORE cuties yet? It seems, you my cougar friend, can wheel them so send them my way! =)

Work was miserable. I got into trouble again. But, I've an email where I asked and and received clarification so I did it the way; it was an odd file. I was told by my boss. She got reemed and now that I put the email in the file she is going to be very cold today. I document everything. 80% of my job is covering my rear.

So...not really looking forward to going in. She'll get over it, but it will take a few days. Last time she was this mad at me was the day I told her she would enjoy hell as it was never cold. She was complaining she was cold. This was over a year ago before she knew my humor and thought I was serious. LOL Now she finds it hilarious and the story is told by others to every new person that passes through.

Anyway, yesterday I did not wear my little outfit, but changed into a navy gap tank top and the navy blue long cashmere sweater. I had a 3 strand cord of paper raffia and a ribbon of chiffon in Steel Navy and stuck a chunky cross with a big crystal in the middle of it and off I went.

Today, I don't know what I am going to do. I am thinking jeans, silver ralph lauren loafers with a square toe, almost like penny loafers, but where the penny is there is a silver logo buckle across with a very understated logo. I don't like big blaring logos. I like these as they have a driving Moc sole. Kind of like sneakers for divas in my opinion! Wheeee

Started another pair of gloves, but this time for dd. The cuff of the first is half done and I increased the rows. I saw how she wore hers and she put them more up on her arms than over her fingers. So, I'll give her more warmth on her wrists and forearms. 22 rows to go and I'm done. Only four of those rows do I really have to pay attention, and the case off I have to pay attention to as well. The four rows are easy too, but every other stitch is a slip over to form a ridge like stitch so I just can't just zoom along. It took me a hour to do 20 rows. I'm a little slow as I'm afraid I'm going to screw up on the ribbing as that is knit two and then purl two. So every two stitches I have to move the yarn string back or forth like I'm flying a kite or something, or maneuvering a rudder.... in essence that little string we work with is vital to the direction of the garment. If you know where that goes...you're fine.

I don't usually have the patience, but I need to slow down in my head and this is helping me peace out... I can't spell the word I want to use so there, that will have to do. LOL

So, last night I picked up some little socks that cover toes and ankle; they used to call them peds. Now they are actual socks with real material instead of nylon. I got two black lace pair and one nude pair. For dd I bought her vibrant neon: pink, yellow and orange. She has a zillion of these anyway as I keep buying them, but I never owned a pair.

I strayed again, yesterday. I can't help it. I don't know what I wrong with me!!!

I have to figure it out! Behavioral issue I'm sure. I have to put myself in time out!

First things first, I need to find something to wear. eeeks!

Have a great day and I am hoping I will have time to throw sausage patties on the GF grill. Ha lol oxoxoxox my lovelies!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #642
Blabbermouth!!!

Maureen--I'm sorry work has been such a bummer lately! Good thing you're smart and saved all that stuff to cover your hiney! Get 'em gurl!!
DD19 wears the neon colors of those socks, she loves them.
Hoping you can get yourself sorted and figure out what's triggering your urge to eat off plan... you got this, lady! Fake it til you make it and act like ya own it!

Scale was UP today.. I'm guessing it was salt.. matches the mood I've been in the last coupla days SALTY!

So just found out that BOTH my girls will be working ON Thanksgiving. DS will be headed back to University on T-day because he has a gig w/ his band Friday.... but I'm really irked w/ this whole lets-be-open-on-a-holiday-so-we-can-make-more-money idea.
It is going to be a bizarro holiday....

Expecting rain today through the weekend...I could not be happier. We need it! Now, if all the idiots will just stay off the road I'll be happy.
We've got all the snowbirds in for the winter....you know the ones...they drive about 10miles an hour trying to sightsee down a major road, breaking every 10sec and pointing at things.. Just shoot me now!

Did I tell ya guys I bought new jeans in a smaller size? I can't remember? One size smaller, I was shocked! Of course, right now I don't dare try them on again because of the bloat I KNOW is hanging around...but I know they're smaller at least!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh to the work nonsense, Maureen! So glad you cover your arse well. It's sad that we have to think that way, but with you being surrounded by lawyers it's probably a very good idea! Just think if you jump back on plan today, or even tomorrow, by Monday you'll be back in control & back in the swing of things. You can do it!

Danielle, I am so with you on the thanksgiving shopping. So annoying!!! Sorry your kids are stuck in the middle of the chaos When does DS get home? Could you do T-day early? So sad

Scale about the same today... plugging along, tracking my food. Staying pretty much meat & eggs, though I did have some cheese yesterday and today. Otherwise good to go
Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #644
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami--DS won't be here until Wed. evening some time.. then leaving right after dinner on T-day... kinda a bummer, but like DH keeps reminding me, this is when it starts--not every holiday will we get with all the kids now that they're growing up and all that..
Meat & eggs sound really good right now! But then again, everything sounds good to me lately...it must be this TOM thing wreaking havoc w/ my tastebuds!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Hello everyone!!

Danielle, sorry about the family holiday thing. I remember when my family stopped doing holidays together. I asked my brothers and my uncle and their families to come over - many many times - but they always were busy with their wives' families and declined, so...

I have a friend who solves the holiday/family/sons living in different parts of the world problem in a creative way: Every year he pays for a trip to somewhere in the world they all agree on, and they vacation together for a week. (They went to Spain this year.) I always thought this was a pretty brilliant solution. Buy them a better vacation than they can afford themselves on starting salaries, give them some advance notice so they can work things out, and they won't be able to resist.

I don't know what to say about a 3 TOM month. Not fair.

Tami, that's pretty cool, your inner flirt is coming out again!

Monica, two words: Winery; Weekend. How long has it been since we've been able to vacation vicariously through you?? Tami's haunted hotel was very cool, along with her popcorn boyfriend right under DH's nose , but now I want to sip some virtual Cabernet!!

Maureen, I how you covered your rear with saving that email. Smart you. I have no idea how lawyers do this kind of thing every day, people furious and then continuing to work with them and negotiate and no hard feelings at the end of the day. It's a mystery. Personally, I hate it.

Those little sockies never fit my feet, no matter what size I buy. I must have enormous feet!

Me... Gavin's home from school today, he's got a sinus infection. Again. He's listening to Led Zeppelin on the iPod and singing along. Something about squeezing a lemon. Should I worry, or is it a cooking themed song?

It is brilliantly sunny here on the coast, but absolutely *freezing*. Consequently, I have about a hundred freeloaders squawking and flapping around the suet feeder on the back porch - sparrows, chickadees, juncos (my favorite), starlings (which I hate), bluejays (I never thought I'd be rooting for them, but they yell at the starlings for me), flickers, and the occasional genteel goldfinch couple.

There's a Siamese kitten next door who looks at the bird feeder and thinks, "Wow. Locally grown organic free range cat food, right in my neighborhood. How cool is this??" Happy little foodie. His owner is embarrassed, but I don't really have any objections. Cycle of life and all that. Anyway, half the time he accidentally lets his intended dinner fly away. He's a kid.

There's a hawk in the pine tree out my back window who is also a foodie and has been coming to my place a lot lately, too. Maybe I'll get a mention in Predator Weekly and attract some kestrels and peregrines.

I'm afraid it's going to be a looooong week if the kid doesn't start feeling better soon.

Back to work! Happy Friday!!

Lynne
Old 11-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

When *I* can afford to take my own @$$ to Spain, I may consider taking the kids somewhere We're just in that weird transitional phase of child-rearing.. the youngest obviously loves being home, the middle one has zero love for us right about now, and the oldest is realizing how much he had it good at home and "can't" get home. It's all good, I'll adjust and live and life will keep going..

Update on the work front for DD....she quit the "nasty job"... I think they had every intention of trying to fire her... they're so utterly ridiculous and so unprofessional it's a wonder that company remains in business.. DD finally had enough and turned in her notice.. I have a right mind to call the district manager and give her a piece of my mind. I also believe that this DM loved my kid and will be highly disappointed that she was driven out. Now the kiddo is free to enjoy her time at the ever-beachy Hollister....she is so cute about it all it makes me laugh sometimes. Her quest in life is to be somewhere in the fashion/comestic industry so being here working is good for her--she's become very close w/ the asst. mgrs and met her DM yesterday--who happens to be very gorgeous and took a liking to the kid.. told her she loved "her look" so of course that made her whole day.

So I switched my cycle to the "turbo" this week. This cycle supposedly ramps up losses..well, ummmmm, not for me. Friday to Friday of the week and I've lost virtually nothing--I'm up a pound for the last 2 days--... Crazy. Now my dilemma is to either stick with it again another week and see what happens or go back to the classic and go from there... I'm not sure if I'm willing to 'waste' a week to be sitting at the same weight, or potentially higher.. Reward day today and of course I always bounce up--so even more of a gain..

Lots of rain here last night and all weekend...we need it. The bad drivers be gone! Please!

Lynne--sorry Gavin is sick! Poor kiddo. At least he's singing...even if it is about lemons

Love the idea of being able to watch nature outside! Here it's alot of bugs and really really annoying ugly birds that aren't worth the watch Altho' for whatever reason, we get alot of owls here--DD19 has photographed a couple, I'll have to ask her for some pics..so funny lookin!
Old 11-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Going to be out of contact until the end of the weekend I would imagine. Bringing the boyfriend home on Thursday into Friday. Plus I have to get the house boyfriend ready .... I have projects everywhere! Hope everyone does well and will post before Monday if I can.... Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:51 AM   #648
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Danielle - way to hit the 20 lb MARK!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne - I can't wait to read about my VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!

Laura - how goes it?

Tami - big plans!

Maureen - Great seeing you!

Me, I am up 172 today, such is. I am not feeling the best, have a little cold....hoping today is the worst of it. Long work day ahead of me 12+ hours. Tomorrow hoping to leave work by 2:00.

I should be able to check in while I'm gone, if not, HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls! Had a great weekend, but it's definitely Monday. Normal morning routine took at least twice as long with all of my flub ups this morning. Sigh. Ate dinner off plan last night, so another Monday of starting over again. If I was only AT goal this would work to maintain....
Old 11-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #650
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura, have a great time with your BF, I know you've been waiting for a long time for this!

Monica, take care of yourself and do not get sick!

Tami, you are so not alone! I actually cheated for the first time Saturday night...with all things, chicken nuggets from Wendy's.. I'd had a particularly rough day and to top it off just was plain hungry all day long..I finally relented at about 8pm and got some.. I went to bed happy and full but am dealing with the gain that ALWAYS follows Onward we go, right?

I've been busy cleaning the last day or so...I can't ever go into a holiday without doing the whole once over on everything...drives my family bananas but I think even they appreciate it after the fact DS will be arriving some time Wed. and DD19 will finally make an appearance for longer than 2 hours..she's somethin' else, that one..smh..

So I know I said that I was gonna switch cycles for the next month.....and now I'm gonna not switch.....gonna stick with what I was doing before after last weeks wonky results.. I probably didn't give it enough time but frankly, I'm not willing to waste another week, and I like my rotation.. that's my story & I'm sticking to it!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, onward we go. Hoping the old rotations go right back to working like a dream for you. Wanna come clean my house? haha. Family is not coming here, so no frantic cleaning, but yesterday I put off my biggest chore of the week without really thinking about it - sweep/vacuum/mop. I sweep a couple of times a week, but doing all three in succession kills my back - however if I don't do them in succession the dog hair takes over again in between each. Should have done it yesterday as we have darts tonight & my back/neck barely tolerates that as it is. Blah blah blah... no real issues, nothing to really whine about. Thankful to have a roof over my head & a floor to sweep, right? Yep. So yeah... all that may wait until tomorrow, but then I'll be tired from darts... haha... excuses excuses excuses... lol

I know everyone is getting busy for the holiday & I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with love
Old 11-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #652
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great time at darts tonight, Tami! Yanno, we have no "real" company coming whatsoever, but something about the holidays makes me feel the need to clean Yes, I'm weird I guess! I relate, that would kill my back too--I can barely do all the bathrooms in succession because of the same thing...I end up hobbling around like an old lady for about 2 hrs afterwards

The calm before the storm today....went to WallyWorld..Lord have mercy the people are already grouchy who are working there! Wasn't too terribly crowded thank heavens, got what we needed and were outta there. I'll tell ya though, was very tempted by some french fries today...what is the matter with me lately! I stayed on track but sheesh with these feelings of wanting to snack!

I hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving filled with laughter, love, & lots of yummy food!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
Start Date: 7/30/2013
I think Holidays bring out the snacking frenzy!! Maybe if we think about the posibilities of what we will look like on January 2 , 2014 if we stay on program that will help is get past the hard times and just pick a couple things that we feel are that important!! Sounds hard and it is but gaining would be harder , don't you agree?? Here is hoping we can all help one another!! I am already having a hard time with snacking!!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Have a great time at darts tonight, Tami! Yanno, we have no "real" company coming whatsoever, but something about the holidays makes me feel the need to clean Yes, I'm weird I guess! I relate, that would kill my back too--I can barely do all the bathrooms in succession because of the same thing...I end up hobbling around like an old lady for about 2 hrs afterwards
Isn't it sad? Ugh. I did pick up a new fake Christmas tree and have it sitting in the box waiting to go up on Friday, so I am feeling the urge to really clean, but alas I sit here typing

Totally agree, Wendy. I'm pretty much ok with maintaining, but would not be ok with a gain Thankfully snacking hasn't been an issue thus far, but tomorrow should be interesting. I think Friday will be worse as we always end up with a bunch of leftovers - having two young men typically means that any leftovers will be eaten, but it may take a day or so and I KNOW the pies, etc. will be calling me from the fridge every 10 minutes. Especially if I'm having cravings from going off plan on Thursday. Yeah. That 'next day' has historically been worse for me than the actual planned day off track. Sigh.

Btw, darts were a blast. We hadn't even looked at the schedule until we got to the bar only to find out we didn't have league last night. Ooops. It was me, DH and BIL and the new bartender there is a friend, so the four of us played while the bartender poured a few very generous drinks
Old 11-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #655
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Wendy! The out of the blue snacking thing to me is so strange...it truly must be the spirit of the holidays, etc... this will be the first holiday season that I am *actually* losing weight actively. Of course, I'll be content to maintain if it happens, but man, what an accomplishment it will be to actually lose something

Tami~ nice about your night last night!!! That sounds like a blast!
We contemplated a fake tree, finally....but after all was said and done we still never made a decision The kids love the real trees so we may opt to just keep doing live until it's us 2 sitting around staring at eachother by ourselves
I'm definitely not ok with a gain this year...It's crazy how my mentality is so different this time around..I was truly worried about the holidays coming and how my mental state would go...you know the usual M-O of..'oh it's the holidays, it's ok to just not be on plan, etc' I like the control that I'm having, it's very empowering!

Well, DS won't be coming home. To say i am devastated is a total understatement. I am keeping it together because I do not want to ruin anyone else's holiday around here...but man, I am one sad mama bear today He's gotta work late tonight and would only be able to stay pretty much for like a couple hours before having to head back to school, sooooo.... no visit. Totally caught off guard and not prepared mentally for it so I'm just a mess today... He's assured me he'll be with a few of his friends who are "stuck" at school because they're out-of-state, and/or because a couple kids family's actually do not celebrate.. at least they'll all be together to do something fun, hopefully. We'd thought about driving up early tomorrow morning and then remembered that DD19 has to be at work at like 5:30pm tomorrow night to be open at the mall.. Sucks rocks, I tell ya!

On a good note the scale blessed me today.. I'm now only 4.6 from reaching my goal for the challenge. I hope it sticks!!!
Old 11-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

Awww man! I'm so sorry DS won't be coming home after all. I hate those last minute changes that just throw us mommies for a loop. I totally get it Sucks rocks, indeed

Up until 3 years ago we did a 17 foot tall real tree. We have high ceilings and our tallest corner is 17 ft and we *always* had to trim the giant tree to make it fit. I totally and completely miss it, but I don't miss the houseful of pine needles or trying to keep a tree that sized watered. Who am I kidding? I still miss it like crazy, but I'm learning to embrace easy & convenient. lol. 3 years ago a friend was getting rid of a 6 ft fake tree and at the time we had an 8 month old great dane puppy, oldest DS was in his first year of college, everything was crazy, and we were pretty broke from going out to said college and spending a week when we dropped him off, then another trip out there for parent's weekend and two flights home for DS at Thanksgiving & Christmas. Man was that a crazy time. So I said screw it and we put the 6 foot tree on top of our entertainment center out of harms way from the puppy, etc. We used that tree for the last 3 years.... in fact, I think one of the years we did just a little table top tree. Sigh. This year I was keeping an eye on the ads, craigslist, local fb sales groups, etc. and was able to pick up a nice 7.5 foot pre lit tree for $20. Sure beats the price of a real one & it's sitting here neatly in it's box ready to go up this weekend. It's still about 10 feet too short <gg> but I'm thinking of putting it up on a covered end table, covered box, something(?) to give it just a little more height. It's 4.5 feet in diameter so should be a decent sized tree? We'll see. It looks nice on the box. lol

Just got done with the mop/sweep/vacuum trifecta and wrapped the first 3 presents of the season. Tomorrow or Friday morning I want to scrub walls (ugh) and then get the tree up

Big kudos on being so close to goal! I should have gotten on the scale this morning as dieting has been going really well the last couple of days, but I forgot. I'll see where I'm at tomorrow morning so I can monitor T-day damage.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving all!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:10 AM   #657
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Happy Thanksgiving girls!!! We are going to hit the road soon to visit my p's. Home/work life is busy....on track still and not losing but not gaining either. I hope to catch up next week!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #658
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Tami I'm still bummed this morning. I know he'll be fine, I was just so lookin forward to having all the kids under one roof for at least 1 night.. *lesigh* It is what it is obviously, but sheesh!

We used to have big huge trees like you guys for many years, the kids loved it.. now that we're in a much smaller place we don't have that kind of room anymore.. I kinda miss it, but I do not miss pine needles everywhere..seriously, still picking out some from LAST year Our fave place has been setting up the last coupla days so I'm anxious to see what we end up with!
You got a heckuva steal on tree--enjoy it!!

Stacy--safe travels. Have a lovely time with your family today! No gain is awesome!! Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone had a great T-day! Doing all I can to make it just ONE day off plan & not FOUR. Ugh. Making hubby lunch with leftovers this morning was rough. Kids went out shopping all night - one friend got off work at the mall at 1:30am & one gf at 5:30am so they hung out at the mall pretty much all night and are sleeping now... hope they wake up & eat the rest of the leftovers soon! lol
Old 11-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Tami! Did you survive the leftovers? Seriously, I struggled yesterday after allowing myself Thurs. as my reward day..I didn't overdo anything by any means but I picked all day long...Which led up to yesterday of wanting more carby stuff than I needed!! It was a real nailbiter LOL Of course the scale has gone up several pounds for it all too
Oh to be young again! I remember being able to stay up all night like that..nowadays I'm lucky if I see 10pm most nights

Good Lord, now I'm wondering how I'm gonna survive the next month!
Definitely have to fly the straight & narrow for sure!

Everyone ready to get back on track and rock December with me?
Closed Thread