Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Sorry I've been MIA guys. Our neighbor of 16 years and a very good friend was in the hospital Thursday through last night. My youngest calls him his other dad & he's the one hubby & I play darts with. They're still not sure what's going on, but they're fairly certain they have ruled out all life threatening issues. He likely has a pinched nerve which is causing him to lose the use of his right hand and had a whole host of odd symptoms, but most have subsided other than the hand. So anyway, we've been spending a lot of time at the hospital, plus trying to keep up with things here & help out wherever we can. I babysat for my sister & brother in-law's anniversary all day yesterday, so I'm actually really antsy for an update on the neighbor right now, but don't want to wake anyone next door in case they're trying to catch up on rest. Speaking of babysitting... omg, how on earth is it so tiring to sit around on the floor singing, talking, and moving toys occasionally? Yowzers! I am beat! Sis & BIL treated us to dinner last night. Our first choice was crazy busy with a Veteran's Day special so we ended up at my fave... and I'm up a couple of pounds to 186. I should have known with how tired I was that I'd have a hard time sticking to plan. That actually did cross my mind on the way to my first choice, but by the time we landed at the Mexican restaurant I simply didn't care. Totally on me & I'll deal with the 2 pounds and having to fight for them all over again.

Lynne, your conference sounded wonderful! So awesome that you're learning about yourself as much as how to react to Gavin I go into militant mode, too. I've always said I'm good under pressure & that is why, but I never said I was 'pleasant' under pressure <gg>. Good news on the mattress in a box, too. I did look them up last time you mentioned them & they seem really cool! Reasonably priced, too... or at least the big box store versions. Glad it's working out well & that Gavin likes it! That's really all that matters

Laura, woohoo what a great shopping trip! That sounds so much better than my trip to two different stores to find out I have no clue what size I am anywhere. lol. At the first place I tried on 6 pair of jeans, all 16's except one 18 just in case I wasn't as small as I thought. The 18's were too big, half the 16's were too big, and half were too small. Annoying. Next store I have a pair of their jeans in 16 that are just a tad loose. Most 16's there were on the small side, go figure. I did pick up two pair and they both fit well, are comfortable and pretty flattering, but they have a habit of clinging to my calves and making a tiny little roll at my knees... wth? Never had that issue before, but I was so sick of trying things on and just needed a couple of pair of jeans. Sigh. Did grab two sweaters that I absolutely love, but I really needed the pants. Oh-well.

Maureen, sounds like you had a great shopping trip as well. The poncho sounds really cute. My two new sweaters are shaped like a v-neck hooded sweatshirt, including the kangaroo pocket & strings, but are cable knit sweaters. Love love love them... I like a little slouch mixed with a little sophistication. lol Something like that Dark jeans, clogs with a heal(look like boots under jeans), a black tank poking out of the v-neck and I was happy with the new outfit. Too bad it won't work for darts or the concert this weekend. I have a feeling it'll be a little too warm inside in close quarters. Oh-well. There's lots of wintery outdoor stuff on the horizon.

Monica, YAY for short weeks and a friendly scale

Danielle, glad DD had a good check up. What a problem to have, eh? I know it's not technically any better or any easier trying to gain rather than lose, but it's nice to think of that greener grass on the other side of the weight problem for a bit

Geez, and in the hour + it's taken me to right this it started sprinkling, so I went out & helped DS put the soft top windows in the jeep (grrr... broke a nail... what a pita piece of equipment!) and the neighbor stepped out to see what we were up to, so got caught up with him a bit. Nice to see him in his natural surroundings aka our front yards <gg> instead of the hospital! Whew! It's 9:15 AM and I'm exhausted! There have probably been 15 posts since I started typing this, too. If you see multiple posts from me you'll know why. lol

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Tami!

So sorry about your neighbor!!!! That is horrible! I hope they can figure it out!!!

I hope he is okay!!! Yes....playing with kids is exhausting! I'm never having kids!!!!

Great job on the sweaters! I like upscale downscale too. I can even make it more uppity with accessories! Amazing little tricks we girlies have!

I cannot imagine trying on all those jeans!!!! I get so upset trying on more than 1 or 2! Kuddos...

Omg....I have got to stay away from the candy. I had to hide it in a closet so it would be work for me to get to it!!! Plus, it is dark back there. Here is to hoping I won't go rummaging!!!!! What the heck is my problem?!??!?!

The printers were fixed today! BUT, another department had theirs go out. I went over there to throw out our recycling and heard an earful. Theirs was broken yesterday as I tried printing over there. I can't believe they didn't know until today. I'm the only one that can go over there without getting snarked at. LOL One of their attorneys told me I was trespassing and it just struck me as funny so I laughed and laughed.

Ok....all the candy is put away.....
Old 11-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post
I cannot imagine trying on all those jeans!!!! I get so upset trying on more than 1 or 2! Kuddos...
Oh, I was not a happy camper! I probably would not have put up with the gathering at the knee but was completely sick of trying things on. Done done done. They'll work.

Good for you for getting that candy put away... out of sight, out of mind - hopefully! Next couple days will probably be rough, but you can do it!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
I'm so glad it's easier for me to shop. I took 7 pair of pants to the dressing room and bought 6. Took the one pair back and found the coat that I'm just in love with!!!

I'm up 5 pounds in as many days... not sure what is going on but ready for it to end.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:42 AM   #575
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Laura, way to go on the pants and coat purchases.

Tami - so sorry about your neighbor. Thrilled they have ruled out the big stuff.

Danielle - how goes it girl?

Liz you out there?

Gina - you around?

Maureen - this weekend, not sure what is going on!

Sorry if I left anyone off. These next few weeks will be crazy at work...so I will be in and out. Weighed 170.0 this a.m. DS14 is officially down 40 pounds. JUDDD has definitely agreed with him!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Good Morning Ladies!! I am starting day two of back to low carbing.....the headache is here....I take that as a good thing means ketosis is on its way. I am actually happy to be back at it. I hope to get this last bit of weight off in the next few months and then on to maintaining (the hardest part of all).

I need to hit up the consignment shops for some new work clothes, such a great cheaper way to get new clothes. Thanks for the idea ladies.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #577
Senior LCF Member

West Virginia Blackwater Falls

I forgot to upload pictures from our trip!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WV1 2013.jpg (45.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg WV2 2013.jpg (25.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg WV3 2013.jpg (45.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Lize636; 11-13-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Old 11-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #578
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Maureen--good idea to hide the candy. I had to hide the popcorn

Tami-- I know DD feels better thinner and even her doc understood this..he's a very small guy as well who suffers from gluten issues as well...he totaly got it which was a relief! I just freak out at the idea of her losing too much weight and them telling me they're putting her in the hospital or take her away from me cause I'm starving her! Little ones are alot of work--it's no wonder that you were exhausted...glad you got some good Mexican food

Laura--you got quite the haul..lucky girl!

Monica-- it's going. That is all.

Liz--great pics! beautiful couple!

Lynne--how's the vampires?

Gina, Stacy, Wendy...thinking of you girls!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Danielle. We had a great time. Please excuse the huge zit on my face!! That's what I get for eating junk for a week!!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #580
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Thanks Danielle. We had a great time. Please excuse the huge zit on my face!! That's what I get for eating junk for a week!!
Honey I didn't even notice that!! Not one bit! It's really a great picture...it should be printed and framed--that waterfall in the background is gorgeous too!
Old 11-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Great pics Liz! Looks like you had a blast

Trying to get back into Ketosis today as well....I need to replace my Quest Bars, Atkins bars and nuts with water/water/water!

Last edited by Stacy O; 11-13-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

Sorry I've been a little MIA too - Gavin's been sick, I've had a lot of details to take care of, and I'm determined to get 1000 words down on the page every day. Coming in here and saying "hi" got lost in the shuffle.

I had a bit of a diet mishap last week. I got stressed and overwhelmed and having a minor binge on snack food seemed like a good solution. It only made me feel bad. The next day, same thing happened! The next day, again, the same thing happened!

I thought: am I going to have to move the snacks out of the house again?? I really don't want to have to do that. I was loving my new-found freedom of being able to cohabitate with delicious food without fear of going off plan. I managed it for a month without obsessing! The truth is, I'm freaking out about all the legal stuff associated with getting the psycho ex out of our lives for good - which is all coming together *now*. So lots of things are coming up for me, bubbling up out of my memory of our life together. Do I have to let it derail me? No. But I can take it easy on myself and turn my JUDDD crockpot down a little until the legal stuff passes. Rigidity is *not* my friend right now; flexibility is. Can I do 1000/2000 and address the bingeing by taking *extra* good care of myself for a while? Yep, I can do that! In that spirit, I listened to this NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) recording the other night which talks about letting go of "old ways" of managing problems (like bingeing) and allowing "new ways" of managing problems (making time to take care of myself) to take root. It really helped!

So. That's my week. Like everyone else in this challenge, I am determined to *not* let bump in the road this defeat me!! No Halloween candy, no work stress, no family moving across country, no temporary gain, no family health concerns, no movie-night popcorn...shall keep us down for long, because we keep getting right back up, dusting ourselves off, getting wiser and stronger, and moving on!!

Happy Wednesday ladies!! Back to the vampires for me...

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #583
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Victoria Shaw
Too late for the challenge?

It may be too late to post now for the challenge but a month is still a month and 5 to 10 pounds is completely doable.

Count me in!

Victoria
Old 11-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Laura, all those pants fitting is awesome! So happy for you. Bummer about the 5 pounds, though. Hopefully that will stop soon!

WooHoo Monica! Yay for you & DS!

Liz, you are so cute! I didn't notice the zit either & I'm not going back to look! Glad you had a great trip. Good luck getting back into ketosis. I know the first couple of days are rough, but you've got this

Danielle, so glad DD has an understanding Doctor! What a relief that must be & with you and him on the same page I don't think you have to worry a bit about anyone taking DD from you. I know it's all of our worst nightmare, but she's at an age where there's just no way you can control what goes in (or doesn't go in) her mouth. Y'all are going to be fine!

Good luck to you, too, Stacy! I'm doing ok on this second day past Mexican food. lol. Coffee & water... water & coffee... then more water. lol

Lynne, big big !!! Please give yourself lots of slack during this trying time. I can't even imagine how stressful it all is. DH and I were very close to divorcing once & I was an insane mess. Couldn't think, couldn't concentrate at all and at that level of stress I couldn't eat (which was a first for me), but man I couldn't even tell you how I made it through each day back then. I know you're a bit beyond that stage, but still this is important and obviously very stressful stuff. So whatever gets you through this process is A-OK in my book!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Victoria
Old 11-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #586
Big Yapper!!!!

Stacy--ketosis will be yours in no time! I had to hide the quest bars w/ the popcorn for this week

Lynne-- please be kind to yourself You have alot going on and right now just "be". Like Tami, I so get it--nearly divorced 3 years ago and I was a total mess..I beat myself up pretty badly back then and what I know now I wish I'd known then ... just be there for yourself and your kiddo and let the rest fall where it may for now.. just get through it. Sending lots of hugs and good wishes for you!♥

Victoria!

Tami-- I know you're totally right, but sheesh! Kids will drive ya LOL
Old 11-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #587

Maureen - sorry to not answer your question. Off Friday to hang with my parents. They are coming in tomorrow to take in my DD12's band concert. Should be a HOOT. There are 22 clarinets (she is one of them) and 16 flutes. Other than that, no idea. The Flutes/clarinets are just her class! The other instruments are in the 2nd hour band class!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #588

Liz - love the pictures. I am sure you/dh has a GREAT time!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Ok...

I cannot get on the laptop. I logged in on my phone. That was annoyingly inconvenient retrieving my password. Yuck.

Dug out the candy. OMG. I need a body guard.

Horrible day at work over something a year ago. Thank god for time stamps or I'd be toast. I still may be toast. I never responded to the last sarcastic rhetorical e-mail.

Lynn...hugs. Come on over here with me. We have to plan to stay on plan. So sorry with everything you are going through. We will be here through it.

K.. I am going crazy on here. I am not a texted and have no patience. I can read,nod and wave but replying I am like a two year old. Omg..

Peace out for now......
Old 11-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #590

MO - I hate days like that!!!!!!!!! Hopefully things blow over.

Today is my FRIDAY! I love that. I plan to sleep past 6:00 a.m. tomorrow. YEAH! It's the little things, you know???
Old 11-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #591

OH I dug through some old recipes and made Linda Sue's Just like Stuffed Potato last night. I cut the cream cheese in 1/2 and it was still amazing! I can't wait to eat it for leftovers tomorrow!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Sorry I've been a little MIA too - Gavin's been sick, I've had a lot of details to take care of, and I'm determined to get 1000 words down on the page every day. Coming in here and saying "hi" got lost in the shuffle.

I had a bit of a diet mishap last week. I got stressed and overwhelmed and having a minor binge on snack food seemed like a good solution. It only made me feel bad. The next day, same thing happened! The next day, again, the same thing happened!

I thought: am I going to have to move the snacks out of the house again?? I really don't want to have to do that. I was loving my new-found freedom of being able to cohabitate with delicious food without fear of going off plan. I managed it for a month without obsessing! The truth is, I'm freaking out about all the legal stuff associated with getting the psycho ex out of our lives for good - which is all coming together *now*. So lots of things are coming up for me, bubbling up out of my memory of our life together. Do I have to let it derail me? No. But I can take it easy on myself and turn my JUDDD crockpot down a little until the legal stuff passes. Rigidity is *not* my friend right now; flexibility is. Can I do 1000/2000 and address the bingeing by taking *extra* good care of myself for a while? Yep, I can do that! In that spirit, I listened to this NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) recording the other night which talks about letting go of "old ways" of managing problems (like bingeing) and allowing "new ways" of managing problems (making time to take care of myself) to take root. It really helped!

So. That's my week. Like everyone else in this challenge, I am determined to *not* let bump in the road this defeat me!! No Halloween candy, no work stress, no family moving across country, no temporary gain, no family health concerns, no movie-night popcorn...shall keep us down for long, because we keep getting right back up, dusting ourselves off, getting wiser and stronger, and moving on!!

Happy Wednesday ladies!! Back to the vampires for me...

Lynne
Lynne you are amazing women!! To even come here and post with all the stuff you have going on!! We love you and we are here to help you get through it. Focus on you and Gavin right now the rest will fall into place in time.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Shaw View Post
It may be too late to post now for the challenge but a month is still a month and 5 to 10 pounds is completely doable.

Count me in!

Victoria
Old 11-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Great pics Liz! Looks like you had a blast

Trying to get back into Ketosis today as well....I need to replace my Quest Bars, Atkins bars and nuts with water/water/water!
Ketosis will be here before you know it!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Liz - love the pictures. I am sure you/dh has a GREAT time!

We did thanks!! I love our weekends away together...they dont come often.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post
Ok...

I cannot get on the laptop. I logged in on my phone. That was annoyingly inconvenient retrieving my password. Yuck.

Dug out the candy. OMG. I need a body guard.

Horrible day at work over something a year ago. Thank god for time stamps or I'd be toast. I still may be toast. I never responded to the last sarcastic rhetorical e-mail.

Lynn...hugs. Come on over here with me. We have to plan to stay on plan. So sorry with everything you are going through. We will be here through it.

K.. I am going crazy on here. I am not a texted and have no patience. I can read,nod and wave but replying I am like a two year old. Omg..

Peace out for now......
I am with you on the phone thing I can't do this site on my cell.... I keep hoping for a low carb friends app lol ...no luck on that one.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #597
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
I am with you on the phone thing I can't do this site on my cell.... I keep hoping for a low carb friends app lol ...no luck on that one.
I would love an app! My DH uses an app for a forum he goes to and it looks so nice...I'm jealous cause I'm always on my phone!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #598
Big Yapper!!!!

I hit 19lbs lost exactly today after alittle over 8 weeks. I feel amazing and I love the way I get to eat.
I'm gonna change my cycle starting my new week on Saturday.. I'll go 2 LC days in a row to 1 HC day, alternating.. and I still get my reward day. Can't argue with that! I'm curious to see how the losses are on this rotation vs. the every other day...

Today is DS's 21st b-day. Craziness that I have a kid that old Missing him alot today. I was remembering my pregnancy w/ him...I was in pre-term labor at 5mon. and on total bedrest..he was in a big ole rush to come into the world Easiest kid ever.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #599
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I hit 19lbs lost exactly today after alittle over 8 weeks. I feel amazing and I love the way I get to eat.
I'm gonna change my cycle starting my new week on Saturday.. I'll go 2 LC days in a row to 1 HC day, alternating.. and I still get my reward day. Can't argue with that! I'm curious to see how the losses are on this rotation vs. the every other day...

Today is DS's 21st b-day. Craziness that I have a kid that old Missing him alot today. I was remembering my pregnancy w/ him...I was in pre-term labor at 5mon. and on total bedrest..he was in a big ole rush to come into the world Easiest kid ever.

Good for you 19lbs is amazing!!! now you have my curiosity up what plan are you following?? And what is your carb count on your LC and HC days??

Happy Birthday to your DS 21 that's a big birthday I hope he enjoys it!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, to DS & Hooray to you for surviving 21 years of parenthood! Absolutely crazy, isn't it? Huge kudos on the weight loss, too! 19 pounds is fabulous!!!

Maureen, good luck with the stuff at work. Sounds pretty silly to be in hot water over something from so long ago. Hope it all works out. Good luck with the laptop, too. I hate typing on my phone, so I totally get it.

Monica, DD's concert sounds like fun. I played the clarinet for two years before my instructor gave up on me ever progressing. No lie! Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow

Still just plugging along here. Nothing new or exciting to report. Though I am getting excited for our little getaway this weekend. Picked up my comp tickets from the radio station yesterday and I reserved us a room in an awesome sounding, totally remodeled, historical old hotel so we don't have to drive the hour or so home after the concert. The hotel was built in the 1850's and was once a place for California lawmakers to escape and let loose... and let loose they did. Their bar was known for wild & crazy nights, with conga lines that would snake through the guest rooms (no privacy expected back then I guess!) It was a brothel at one point and John Wayne once played a notorious 50,000 poker game there. There are rumors of it being haunted and paranormal peeps have done studies out there, so I'll be on ghost watch Fun stuff
Closed Thread