Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
to all the new people! LOVE having new people in on our challenge threads. Don't feel you have to respond to everyone, that can be overwelming! Just stop by and chat. Read, respond, just post, do whatever works best for you!

Lynne - nice seeing you girl! Hope Gavin's ear improves soon!

Tami - so glad you had a GREAT birthday celebration, it sounds perfect!

Danielle sounds like you are set! How exciting your trip is coming so soon!

Last day of September!?!?!? Where did the month go?? Please someone tell me!!! I think this roller coaster ride needs to slow down. I seem to be losing my days/weeks/months more quickly than ever!!!!

Monica -Come see my journey!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #32

Weekend was good. Friday night we stayed in and watched a movie. Can't remember the name, it was NOT worth watching. Saturday DS14 and I went to the debate tournament. He and his partner (someone not interested in doing debate) won 3 and lost 5. NOT great, but not horrible. In judging you rank the 4 debaters 1-4. Of his the 8 judges that saw DS14, he ranked 1st 6 times and 2nd twice. That is great. That means that in several of the debates where his team lost, he was still ranked #1 of the 4. I couldn't believe it. I am sure this week his Teacher will get him a different partner someone truly interested in succeeding at debate. DS14 was on CLOUD 9! For that reason we went out to dinner to celebrate (DD ruined )

Yesterday was SS and church. Then, the PB M&M's bag was open! Needless to say, calories were TOO HIGH yesterday, even for an Up Day! Dusting off and aiming to do much better this week!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #33

That being said, I went to learn how to judge as this was a novice learning/workshop style tournament. Let me just say, JUDING debate is NOT for me! B O R I N G! Now I wouldn't mind watching my DS14 debate, maybe one or two times, but after that, HE would be boring too! Thank goodness it is NOT a spectator sport. DS14 plans to debate all 4 years of high school!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Monica, that is AWESOME for DS! Can you imagine the public speaking skills he'll pick up in 4 years of debate! And it sounds like he already has a knack for it. Good for him! Sorry it wasn't too exciting for mom Good luck getting back to it, today. Hope the blown DD & M&M's will be soon forgotten by you & the scale

I didn't get on the scale yesterday, but was sitting right at 189/190 this morning. To be expected. Hope it doesn't take my scale too long to forgive me. hehe.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Monica~ Congrat's to DS, that is absolutely amazing! How I wish I'd have had an opportunity like that when I was younger...like Tami said, the public speaking part of it is a lifelong tool he will be so glad he had. I was fine with public speaking until I got into high school and then I became VERY self conscious... ugh. Good for him! Don't worry, you're not alone in losing your days/weeks or months!

Gina~ your trip sounds wonderful...nice & relaxing. You'll be to where you want to be, I know it!

Tami~ ah well, running shmunning... at least you know you CAN do it if you want to!! They say walking is supposedly better for you anyways and you get the came cardio from it as running, so I say you're still golden.
------------

So I hit an even 247 this morning...another -.4 drop. What it is with the .4 I have no idea but I'll take them! I am a little more than 2 pounds of matching my goal for that little challenge I was telling you guys about! I just may do it! I've got about a week and half left to lose!!!!

Busy day today--DD17 is in charge of the breakfast for a breakfast meeting for one of her clubs this week...so today it's a trip to Costco for drinks and then back to school to give them to one of the security guys to throw in ice all night so they're cold. And then back to Costco tomorrow to pick up all the muffins/bagels, etc that are being made for the school.. Good thing I love her!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 09-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #36

Tami - I am sure that higher number is TEMP for you. I just know it. Birthday calories don't count, right??????

Danielle - it is good we love our kids. We tend to go above and beyond, RIGHT?

We have had bugs in our freezer for a month for DS14's bug project. It is due Wednesday. I can't tell you How happy I will be with no bugs in freezer, house or otherwise. He is hoping to finish up the project tonight, I SAY, YES, please do!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Ha! Bugs in the freezer....um, yeah, I'd be doing a dance that those lil things would no longer be IN the house!
I really miss that part of my kids being younger...all the science projects and trips to the library and craft store... Aw, they grow so fast!

So the drama DD17 and the bully girl... everything seems to be a-okay and the girl is totally leaving her alone.. In the 2 classes that DD has this girl, BOTH teachers moved her completely opposite side of the room of this girl.. ironically, at the beginning of the school year, they were allowed to choose wherever they want to sit...and BOTH times this girl chose right near DD.... yep, I'm thinkin this girly was a tad obsessed with my kid! Just glad that DD is ok and calm and not stressed about this stuff on top of dealing with college stuff, etc.. Bully's suck rocks!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
You guys have been chatting it up over the weekend!! I feel like I missed a lot.

Welcome to all the newbies!!! Look forward to cheering you along.

Thanks for the "way to go's" from everyone...... its funny that often I dont stop to think of how far I have come in such a short time. Its easy to get wrapped up in the numbers you are seeing and how the scale is not moving!!! I need to learn some patience...if you have any extra please send it my way. I am still 1lb shy of the 50lbs lost .....it has to come off sooner or later right?!?!?!?!?

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend... I spent mine at my nephews bday dinner and went over my calories by at least 250 for that day. Dusting that one off. Sunday I spent making apple sauce with the in laws and then cutting hair ...note to self never say you will cut one persons hair when there are lots of other people around...it turns into cutting 5 peoples hair!!Over all a great weekend with lots of family.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #39

Danielle - I don't blame you! I am so glad that GIRL is out of DD's hair! DANG HER!

Liz, I am sure that is true! Free hair cuts for ALL!!!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz~ you've come so far it's awesome! I cannot wait until I am at 50 lost. I have a jar of colored stones with 50 of them in it.. each one represents a pound lost--so much fun moving those little rocks over....Yes, I'm like a pre-schooler, shiny and moving parts make me happy

Monica~ you're telling me! The whole thing was insanity, felt like something out of the twilight zone. I just don't get kids like that, or parents for that matter! I admire my kiddo for taking the bull by the horns and telling administration what's up. Honestly think most kids are afraid of her
Old 09-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

haha... let's see, bugs vacating freezers, bully's vacating prime classroom real estate, and Liz's measly one pound will SURELY be vacating her body SOON! I can feel it!

Kudos to DD, Danielle! I'm so glad that girl is out of her hair! Great job on another .4 gone! You're rocking that challenge!

Monica, unfortunately my scale says that bday calories do count (or at least the carbs and the flow of glycogen into my muscles ) but you're right, it's only temporary

Liz, you are so sweet to cut everyone's hair... I know it has to be a pain, but I'm sure they were all very appreciative. I know I would be! I've been just cutting my bangs and putting off a haircut for awhile... I'm way overdue!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Omg I need a haircut SOOOOOO badly. My hair nearly touches my waist on my back. It's nuts!! I had planned to get it done earlier this month so it was kinda grown some by the time we went to LA...yeah, still haven't done it

Tami~ life, thankfully, has resumed it's regularly scheduled programming. Thank God! I am so close to winning that challenge I can smell it... or maybe it's the peanut butter I just got into.... grateful it's a lc day and pb is on the agenda!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Ah, peanut butter... yummm... ok, my hair's not that long, but my last haircut was an above the shoulder bob and it probably hits between my shoulder blades now. I do this every so often and then get annoyed with it and chop it off. We'll see.

OH OH OH... I didn't tell you guys. My sister, BIL, and my new baby nephew are moving down here! My sis is from here and misses it, the family, etc. I think the BIL is going to hate it, but he's a good guy making his wife happy, I think. We've decided we can all move north before the baby starts Kindergarten if he hates it Of course a lot can change in the next 5 years... like grandkids that could keep me here... but we'll see how it goes. In the meantime I'll get to see my sweet nephew on a regular basis and will likely babysit while my sis works part time. I'm so excited!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpunkiMama
Stats: 175.5/174.5/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/11/2013
I would like to join!!

I am new to this website, and can not have a signature just yet... but when I can make a signature I will add this challenge to it!!

I hope to lose 10- 15lbs by then... seems weighloss for me is s.l.o.w. goin....

Last edited by SpunkiMama; 09-30-2013 at 04:15 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Hi there - I've been MIA and can't believe the last time I posted in the Aug challenge. I've been ridiculous busy with work with not much home catch-up time. My lc dinners plans have been 'whatever is in the house' and not planned by any means

I need to re-evaluate where I am at and will post my winter goal tomorrow. I haven't weighed in a while (im kind of afraid) and I've been off track. I'm focusing on induction-level still...that much I know. Lately I've simply been "low carbing" but not tracking or keeping up with what stage I'm in.

I like the challege name lol!!

Last edited by Stacy O; 09-30-2013 at 04:50 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

My hair is uber long. I think it's been over a year since I've cut it. My hairdresser will kill me when/if I ever make it in there! I do it all the time too, Tami, but I'll cut someone if they threaten to chop my hair off ever again! I wore a bob for many many years and I am over it. Love having longer hair, I just need it reshaped and styled...oh, and a color wouldn't kill me!

SpunkiMama!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grubchow
Stats: 216/195/155, 5'5"F
WOE: no sugar, very little grains
Start Date: restart Aug 2011
Hello again everyone and thanks for the warm welcome!

I was able to take a nice hike this weekend while my husband watched the kids! And I finally bought a new scale, as my kids had been using the older one (not digital) as a mini-trampoline in the bathroom. Made a crustless quiche (basil/tomato) this evening to eat for the next few days.

I can't believe it's October tomorrow!!
Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Happy October everyone...
I know I get here before everyone else because of the time difference, can't believe I have so much to catch up on already - a few days where I'm not online (usually most weekends) and I'm totally lost!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning - I am setting my goal at 15# by December 21.

After my 16lb loss since starting Atkins in June, I've yo-yo'd since the beginning of August. I've gained 5 of the 16lbs. back. I'm on Induction today, 10/1 and apparently my husband was inspired by my loss that he told me that starting today, he wants to low-carb with me too!!! I'm so excited about that. Now I don't believe he will be doing Induction with me, but it will be helpful nonetheless.

If any low-carbers out there would like to share what they are eating to keep themselves on task in this challenge, please post it here! I love to share what I'm preparing for dinner and would love other ideas too. Good Luck Everyone!

Induction Start 5/31/13: 223 lbs.
6/17/13: 215 lbs
6/29/13: 213 lbs
7/12/13: 209 lbs.
7/27/13: 207 lbs.
10/1/13: 212 lbs.

Last edited by Stacy O; 10-01-2013 at 07:09 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome new challenge members!!

August Challenge Ladies - thanks for your support in the last challenge; I'm really ready to be focused this time around!

Dinner tonight (induction focused) is pretty simple - it will be southwest seasoned pork chops and a side salad. Not very exciting - but this is what we have on hand.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
OH OH OH... I didn't tell you guys. My sister, BIL, and my new baby nephew are moving down here! My sis is from here and misses it, the family, etc. I think the BIL is going to hate it, but he's a good guy making his wife happy, I think. We've decided we can all move north before the baby starts Kindergarten if he hates it Of course a lot can change in the next 5 years... like grandkids that could keep me here... but we'll see how it goes. In the meantime I'll get to see my sweet nephew on a regular basis and will likely babysit while my sis works part time. I'm so excited!
TAMI that is GREAT NEWS! I am so happy for you!

Funny you talk about grandkids. When people ask me where I plan to retire to, I always say...WHEREVER my Children and their children are....NO MATTER where that is!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkiMama View Post
I would like to join!!

I am new to this website, and can not have a signature just yet... but when I can make a signature I will add this challenge to it!!

I hope to lose 10- 15lbs by then... seems weighloss for me is s.l.o.w. goin....
Thrilled to have you here!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Hi there - I've been MIA and can't believe the last time I posted in the Aug challenge. I've been ridiculous busy with work with not much home catch-up time. My lc dinners plans have been 'whatever is in the house' and not planned by any means

I need to re-evaluate where I am at and will post my winter goal tomorrow. I haven't weighed in a while (im kind of afraid) and I've been off track. I'm focusing on induction-level still...that much I know. Lately I've simply been "low carbing" but not tracking or keeping up with what stage I'm in.

I like the challege name lol!!
Jump back in, don't look back, JUST FORWARD!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
My hair is uber long. I think it's been over a year since I've cut it. My hairdresser will kill me when/if I ever make it in there! I do it all the time too, Tami, but I'll cut someone if they threaten to chop my hair off ever again! I wore a bob for many many years and I am over it. Love having longer hair, I just need it reshaped and styled...oh, and a color wouldn't kill me!
I have super short hair and I get it trimmed and colored every 5-6 weeks. I refuse to have gray hair if my MOM at 67 doesn't!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #55

Stacy, that is great that your DH is joining induction with you!

I don't LC, but I can strongly suggest any and all of Linda Sue's recipes. Honestly, I have never tried something I didn't like on her site!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #56

DS14 follows JUDDD and has lost right at 40 pounds since APril and has grown 4+ inches in height since then. So the 40 pounds doesn't truly reflect his actual loss. He is so much happier now!

Yesterday was a Higher Up day! But I didn't throw it all in the tube and just EAT. I will call that a small win!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #57

weighed today 173.8
Old 10-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy October!

Stacy~ I loved when DH lc'd with me! Made things super easy and was fun to watch his weight go down...and I even didn't want to kill him for losing 3x as fast as me! New month, new beginning...those extra 5 will be gone before you know it.

Tami~ so excited for you having your family be near. How fun is that gonna be, you get to get our your baby ya-ya's with your nephew and send him home every night. That's my kinda gig!

Monica~ so cool that DS has done SO well with JUDDD. I can only imagine he feels like a million bucks!

Gina~ hey girl!!! How have you been feeling?

Grubchow~ how nice of dh to do that! I have to hide my scale from my kids and they're grown! Enjoy your quiche, sounds YUM.

Me~ Scales still moving on down...this time -.6, guess it got bored with the 4's? Busy day today...DD has her SOWS breakfast induction meeting for the new girls adn she's in charge of the food.... for over 200 girls! So glad DH is here to help me schlep all this food. Glad we did the drinks yesterday cause that was an excursion in and of itself. This kid of mine cracks me up, I hope she never ever changes! Weather is beautiful right now--69 degrees as I type this...won't stick as we're headed for about 96 today. Ugh!

Anywho, ladies, have a wonderful day. I will try my best to get in here this afternoon to check in and see what's up! Be good to you!
Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

SpunkiMama!

Hey Stacy! Long time no see! Love that DH is going to low carb with you! Just don't get annoyed when he sneaks a little of this or a little of that and still loses more weight than you... been there done that, wish hubs would join me again anyway

Grubchow, kudos to you for the hike & the new scale. Sounds like you're in a great frame of mind for this journey!

Monica, I love that DS has done so well. You're almost back to your previous low, too! Awesome! I'm about the same distance away (again lol).

Hi, Gina! Just jump right in. Sometimes it's hard to find the time to get caught up, but we still want to hear how you're doing

Danielle, .6! Your scale was feeling frisky this morning Love it! I'm with you on being over a bob, but it is so much easier. I find myself sporting a pony tail 90% of the time now and that's not a great look for me. I have big ears & a double chin that are better disguised by some hair. lol

Lynne, just some for the heck of it. Hope you're doing well!

Scale still isn't budging after Saturday night's indiscretions, but I know it will soon. Thanks for sharing my excitement about my sis moving back down here I've been looking at my house & thinking about childproofing, being able to keep dogs & baby separate, etc. Not looking forward to actually tackling that, but think it will all work out ok.

OH, and at Stacy's suggestion here's the prepped food for today - I think I've finally got the recipe for coconut flour pancakes as good as I'm going to get it (and yes, I'm sure there are tried & true recipes out there. That's just not how I cook. lol) It's probably not ideal for induction, but shouldn't be too horrible either. 5 eggs, 1/4 cup coconut flour, couple big shakes of cinnamon, and 1/4 cup liquid (either cream, half & half, or sf creamer). Add more liquid if it's still too thick. The coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid and these still turn out tasting just a bit dry, but not bad. Makes about 3 servings and is super filling. For dinner I have a whole chicken defrosting/brining and we'll probably do beer can chicken on the grill or I'll just roast it. Not enough time to defrost & use crock pot, I don't think. I'll also halve a zucchini & throw it on the grill or under the broiler. Yum.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #60

Danielle - she has to provide the food for all 200??? Will you all be reimbursed??? MAN that's a lot of people to feed!

Tami - OH Beer can chicken! YUM!
Closed Thread