Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Maureen, what a nincompoop! Didn't know a good thing when he had it. Ugh. Yay for cute vending machine guy & almonds in the machine, though. That's a great option.

And, you were totally right about Golden Corral! I've been missing out! This one opened a couple of years ago, but it's not in a great neighborhood and the reviews of kids running amok, combined with the area it's in just never had me very excited to go try it. It was GREAT! Well staffed, as you said, excellent food selection, everything was really pretty darned good! And I was a very good girl! I had a small piece of steak, smallish green salad, some broccoli, some asparagus (yum), and half of a tiny sweet potato. I had already chosen the smallest one I could find and when I got to the table my mom said she had considered getting one but hadn't so I offloaded half on her. Perfect!

So glad I stuck to plan, because the scale rewarded me kindly this morning! Down another pound to 185 and I swear it was 184 the first time, but second and third 'checks' was 185. Still very very happy! Tonight is darts which brings with it the offering of fried food & alcohol. Vodka/water/mio honestly doesn't seem to set me back at all, but I'd really really like to keep this ball rolling, so will probably take it very easy if I have any at all. Whew! Feels so good to see the scale moving!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #512
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Yay Tami! Glad you enjoyed DS's birthday. My DS turns 21 next Thursday...how can this be, I am much to young & hip to have a 21yo

Maureen, glad you put that dude in his place..sheesh, who does he think he is? Vending machine guy....hhhmmmmm endless supply of nuts..

Scale is moving down again...thank goodness..I did not wanna spend another 10days bouncing around like I did at the end of last month!
TOM started again....I just finished like 5 days ago.. WTH?!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Nice job at the buffet Tami...congrats to you & Danielle on the scale results !!!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Danielle, yay for the scale movement, but omg, TOM AGAIN? Not cool at all. I hate when things are all screwy in that department! TOM often does bring a little whoosh for me, so hopefully it'll be good for weight loss, but still... ugh! For whatever reason, this 20th birthday is bugging me... he's my baby... and I can't even say I'm the mom of 'teens' anymore They're both old... which makes me old Good thing I don't feel old most of the time, but I sure do today. Hmph. I'll get over it, but man, where does the time go? Two decades gone in the blink of an eye

Ok, I don't really feel as sad as all of those sad faces would imply, but it is bugging me a bit. Sigh.

Thank you both for the weight loss kudos... about darned time, huh?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Hello everyone!!

Maureen, sorry it didn't work out with the musician guy. I've noticed that guys with underachieved creative aspirations, like musicians or writers or whatever, sometimes try to supplement their lack of commercial success by sort of taking financial advantage of their woman. (Not all, of course.) What do you all think? Have you noticed this too, or is it my imagination?

At any rate, good on ya to kick him to the curb right away. Next!

The beauty pageant is going to be sooo much fun!! And you're going to WIN.

Tami, WTG on the Golden Corral dinner!! And on the weight loss!!

I know what you mean about transitions. I haven't experienced that *particular* life transition yet - my son is 9, he came to me later in life - but the blues are all part of the transition package, no matter which life transition it happens to be. Grief for the old, a little trepidation about the new...even when you think objectively that 'the new' is probably gonna be great.

We're here for ya, sister.

Danielle, yikes on the two-TOM month!! What you said about being too young for a 21 year old, yeah. You sure don't look old enough to have a 21 year old kid.

I told you about the lady at the aquarium who wiped my son's nose and was about to report him to management as "missing" (with me standing next to him watching ) who was horribly embarrassed when I calmly said I was his mother and they could call off the dogs...? She said she thought there was no way I was old enough to have a (then) 8 year old son. I'm forty five, lady. Get a grip.

Me... I'm getting my son one of those "bed in a box" things. It comes compressed and you let it out of its zipper and it expands to normal size. Can't wait to see how that goes!

Anybody else have experience with these?

I'm going to an all-day training tomorrow and the next day in Salem concerning behavioral supports for parents of disabled children. (Whatever that means; I know, kinda nebulous.) I'm hoping I can be of use to my fellow parents of developmentally disabled kids here on the coast. There's not a lot of support here, so we hafta support each other as best we can.

They give us 30 minutes for lunch. Are you kidding me?? How is that gonna work?

Back to work for me - I have to get my 1000 words in!!

Happy Tuesday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Lynne <3 Too funny about the lady ready to report Gavin as lost. Sigh. You know... you can't fix... you're right, though, you and Danielle are both aging beautifully! I'm a wrinkled piece of leather, but I always knew I would be and don't mind a bit (most of the time <gg>). I've always admired those old tanned, wrinkled, ladies who look like they've spent their life in the sun, hopefully enjoying ever minute of it. It is what it is and I'm ok with it. I did get told I looked to be in my mid 30's a while back... I'm 43. I'll take it. lol

Have no clue what a bed in the box thing is. Sounds intriguing. I'm going to have to google that!

Enjoy the conference. I have a feeling they'll end up stretching lunch a bit. It seems like they always do. It's awesome that you're there to support other parents on the coast. I love conferences & seminars like that. You usually learn a little something new and even if you don't it seems to renew my motivation and re-energize me to do a better job at parenting/teaching/whatever. Plus it's always good to get away and spend the day with like minded people.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #517
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami, yes tom again I don't even know what to think? I just hope I'm ok Very strange, and I'm trying not to freak out or worry about it right now..
I get ya on the kiddos...I really do.. I dunno what I'm gonna do when my youngest hits 20..it's bad enough that she's graduating hs this year...that is already proving to be quite hard for me Cap & gown, announcements, senior portraits.. yeah, it's all getting toooooo real. I look at my DS and think, where is all that time I spent w/ him a baby, I want that back!!!

Lynne, you're too kind. Some days I feel every bit of my 44 years I never heard the story in the aquariam, that's crazy! She's lucky you didn't knock her out and feed her to the fish Never heard of a bed in a box? Interesting indeed! Good luck at the conference, I know you will be of much help to others there.

Stacy, thank you!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

WooHoo! Was just putting my new weight into, um, an online calculator and realized that it dropped my BMI below 30 for the first time in YEARS! WooHoo to being overweight instead of obese. Seriously, this is huge to me! Muah Muah Muah... lots of love to all of you for the continued support!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Morning ladies! Hope everyone is well! I'm really loving my scale lately. Down another pound to 184 and it was oh so close to being 183. Happy happy girl. Plus I kicked booty in darts last night
Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #520
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post

Monica, aww, it's only water weight. It will come right back off!!

I was thinking of you and your 250 ToT-ers when we were out there on Halloween night. You would have loved this!!

I think the slightly immoderate UD did me good. I won't weigh again until next weekend, but I *feel* a bit skinnier.

Lynne
You are right, I would LOVE it there! I am all about the holiday. I wish they would close the streets and just let the kids walk the neighborhood! Make a big neighborhood festival of it, like what you described!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
We're celebrating my youngest son's 20th birthday tonight... bday is actually tomorrow, but DH, I, and DS's 'other dad' have dart league tomorrow, so tonight it is. Since the boys have been about 17 and we stopped doing real birthday parties they've always gotten to chose a restaurant to celebrate at. DS's pick? Golden Corral buffet. Hmmm. Not my idea of fine birthday dining, but it is his choice. I haven't been to a Golden Corral in about 20 years, but it's buffet with a salad bar. It'll work. Looks like there will be 12-14 of us plus the baby. I'm sure it'll be fun
That is my DD12's favorite place. I am so thankful we don't have one here. I am not a FAN! Happy birthday to DS20!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #522

Tami we are going to have to name you the SHRINKING GIRL!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!! GLad you enjoyed Golden Corral.

Danielle how goes it girl???? Kids running you like mad??

Maureen - I can always count on your to crack me up!

Stacy, thanks for the recipe!

Liz- you out there? Gina??? YOU TOO???
Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #523

Plugging along here! 171.6, up a little more! I think I am going to shoot the scale!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #524
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meandHIM
Really enjoying everybodies comments. What a bubbly group. Im learning and getting lots of incentive from all of you!! Thanks
Old 11-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #525
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ I am so so thrilled for you! I have been having some fun watching my BMI #'s drop...it's crazy how it doesn't take much for it to go either way.. I love watching it drop!

Monica~ Well, I can't blame DD19 for much because she's not ever here anymore DD17 though, that kid has plans in 20 million different directions! I think I'd have died if all 3 had been as busy as her at this age, it's crazy! Although, we do have alot of fun together, especially when we go shopping
Hang in there, you're even busier than me and able to maintain--that's pretty friggin impressive IMO!

Where are all our girls?! Come out! Come out! Wherever you are!! We miss you!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Monica. I had previously felt the same as you about Golden Corral. I'm so happy it was a very pleasant surprise Whatcha up to this week?

Thanks, Danielle. I really hadn't watched the BMI numbers much, but maybe I should. Down to 29.7 this morning. Definitely moving the right direction. I won't be 'normal' until I'm under 155, though, so still a long way to go. I was a very healthy 150-160 all through high school and was right at 160 last time I was so very comfortable in 10's & 12's, so I can't see myself getting much smaller than that.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
I am here and have been reading along... sorry for not posting..work has been crazy!! By the time I read everyone's post I am off to another meeting.

Any who Monday it is back to low carbs for me..this week I am not doing any counting. This weekend if my anniversary and we are headed to the mountains of West Virginia to enjoy some US time lol. I will get back on track Monday if it kills me!!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Morning ladies! Hope everyone is well! I'm really loving my scale lately. Down another pound to 184 and it was oh so close to being 183. Happy happy girl. Plus I kicked booty in darts last night
Good for you on the BMI and the weight coming down
Old 11-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Plugging along here! 171.6, up a little more! I think I am going to shoot the scale!
I think we have all wanted to shoot the scale a time or two!! Hope tomorrow is better.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Danielle- You are really rocking this challenge girl ...glad to see you doing so well...can you send some of those vibes my way!!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #531

Liz - Happy Anniversary and ENJOY the ADULT TIME! Just you and HUBBY? Sounds awesome!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #532

Tami - That's good to know about GC, the only ones I have been to lately have been dirty and just gross.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #533

Danielle - what ever will you do when DD17 is GONE???
Old 11-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #534
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ ultimately I would LOVE to have my end goal be 130...but I'm being generous with 140... in all honesty, when I got down to around 160 I looked pretty dang good despite being vertically challenged I guess I'll play it by ear and see what happens.. of course I do realize that time is not on my side and 10 years have passed since I last saw that 160 mark, so who knows!

Liz~ thank you, hon! This will be the first time that I have succeeded with any of these challenges....as embarrassing as that is. I'm just grateful none of the girls here have given me the boot! I promised myself at the start of this one that I WOULD accomplish what I set out to do...it feels pretty amazing to be doing well for a change!

Monica~ Gone?! Oh Lordy, I have no clue what I will do! LOL Actually, yes I do....I will enjoy my CLEAN house for starters! She is every where into every thing...her nickname is "Taz"...she drives me bonkers with her messes! No, seriously, I will probably go find a little job somewhere to pass some hours, maybe do some volunteering somewhere.. I dunno I hadn't really thought about that until you said something!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Liz - Happy Anniversary and ENJOY the ADULT TIME! Just you and HUBBY? Sounds awesome!

Thanks and yes no kiddos for this trip
Old 11-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

Liz~ thank you, hon! This will be the first time that I have succeeded with any of these challenges....as embarrassing as that is. I'm just grateful none of the girls here have given me the boot! I promised myself at the start of this one that I WOULD accomplish what I set out to do...it feels pretty amazing to be doing well for a change!
:

It is amazing what we can do if we put out minds to it!!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

I forgot to wish you a happy anniversary!! Have a wonderful time, it sounds amazeballs!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I forgot to wish you a happy anniversary!! Have a wonderful time, it sounds amazeballs!
Thanks I know we will.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Anniversary, Liz! Your trip sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

Danielle, you are doing so well! Sky's the limit!

Yep, Monica, that's how I remember GC, too. But this one was bright, clean, almost sterile, which is a GOOD thing considering my expectations. lol. It was busy but very well staffed. I'm sure we'll try it again sometime.

meandHIM. Glad you've found some inspiration here. I know I do
Old 11-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
I'm here also, just been super busy. Had a doctor's appointment yesterday that caused me to get no sleep. Then they wanted to make my next appointment at 1pm again. I had to change doctors, same office different doctor so I can get morning appointments.
I'm putting my bed together and well I suck at putting things together. It's taking forever. I now have a bookshelf waiting to be assembled and a wireless router to install. Busy busy.

Liz Happy Anniversary
Closed Thread