Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #451
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Stacy~ hang in there hon! That sodium wreaks havoc on me so I commiserate. I'm working off popcorn bloat as we speak I'm questioning my goal too at the rate I'm going..I really thought I'd be alot further along..Oh well, at least it's progress.

Laura~ Ooooooo a new bed! New bedding! I love stuff like that!! Matter a fact I still need to find new bedding for the new bed we got oh, a year ago I just haven't fallen in love with anything yet, I keep waiting to be inspired.

Wendy~ my best friend lives in Missoula. I finally made it out there last summer to visit...gosh what beautiful country! I was in love the moment I got off the plane

I never realized how much I miss the kids trick or treating until this past weekend when I was dropping DD at work...the mall was doing their trick or treating for the little ones, it was so fun seeing all the little ones in their costumes so excited! I remember doing that with all of mine and they always loved it!! Makes me miss my kids being little

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #452
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Danielle - cool she liked the movie. Popcorn is a weakness of mine. I can't seem to convince myself I can actually go to the THEATER without eating it!

Tami - how are you feeling? Seen that baby yet?

Laura - how awesome. Nice you brought ToT stuff in for your work.

Stacy - don't fret that scale. It is a ficious LIAR and CHEAT!

Wendy - Elk, I have never had that either!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:14 AM   #453

I love Halloween and ToT. I go all out. I used to do the candy thing, but 5-7 years ago, we discovered that KIDS get so thirsty. So we buy the juice box hug drinks for all. I typically have 250++ kids come to our house. I always run out! I happen to have back up candy this year as we had extra from the Trade show we did 2 weeks ago!

I can't wait to see everyone in their costumes!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I love Halloween and ToT. I go all out. I used to do the candy thing, but 5-7 years ago, we discovered that KIDS get so thirsty. So we buy the juice box hug drinks for all. I typically have 250++ kids come to our house. I always run out! I happen to have back up candy this year as we had extra from the Trade show we did 2 weeks ago!

I can't wait to see everyone in their costumes!!!!!!
What a cute idea!! Drinks is perfect!!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #455
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ I was doing really well with the popcorn thing and really reigning it in, but for whatever reason the last couple times we've gone...good grief!!! Gonna have to really working on that because our movie time is important and we're gonna keep going
WOWZERS 250 kids! That's fabulous! We don't get kiddos here so it's very very quiet.. DD17 is working tonight so we may opt to head out for some dinner and wander around the book store...I love to do that!
----------------------------------------

I did it! I did it! I did it!

I saw those "3's" by the end of the month! The spooky spirits are with me!!!! 239.4 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Monica I figured it was only fair to bring Tot stuff, I sell them candy bars for a dollar a piece the rest the year.

KK gonna hurry up and go to sleep so hopefully my Bed bath and Beyond mini springform pans get here today! I'm ready to make cheese cake.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
M
----------------------------------------

I saw those "3's" by the end of the month! The spooky spirits are with me!!!! 239.4 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rock on!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Dinner tonight; pork tenderloin & roasted brussels sprouts
Old 10-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #459
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Stacy!
Dinner sounds Yummmmmm
Old 10-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Happy Halloween ladies! I'm still congested and still staying away from the baby, but here's a little something to tide us all over until I can smother him with kisses.... my goodness he is cute.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

YAY!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle Congratz!!!!!!!!

Tami he is way too cute... he needs lots of hugs and kisses.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #463
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girls! I am excited to see what November will bring.

Tami that baby needs lots and lots of kisses and cuddles!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Danielle. WTG I saw those "3's" by the end of the month! The spooky spirits are with me!!!! 239.4 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tami!!! What a cutie!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Happy Halloween ladies! I'm still congested and still staying away from the baby, but here's a little something to tide us all over until I can smother him with kisses.... my goodness he is cute.

Omg...so cute I can't stand it!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #466

Tami that baby is too freaking cute!!! you are so good to stay away. This weekend??

Danielle - WOOHOO way to go girl!

Wendy how goes it?

Laura - you sell candy bars all year round...and don't eat them???

Maureen - where you been?

Stacy - you always make the best dinners!

Liz - did the kids enjoy last night????

I survived my DD on Halloween! I actually didn't eat any candy, but had an adult beverage and still had calories at 480c! WOOHOO....scale was kind to me today too 168.6
Old 11-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Monica,you are almost to goal !! WTG!! You handled Halloween and that just shows us we can do the holidays coming up!!
I did have one bar but then I went and did Walking DVD with Leslie Sansone!! She is awesome!!
Maureen we r missing you!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ look at you go, girl!!! Almost to goal!!!

Wendy~ still snowing? Did you cook for DH?

Tami~ I hope you're smoochin' that kidlet this weekend!!!

Me~ I am up .2 For whatever reason or another---MEH! I'm sure it's water and it'll be gone, but I REALLY hate having any sort of "gain" before I enter into my reward day because after these days I am always guaranteed a slight bounce on the scale anyways.

I realized last night that I have not had 1 single piece of candy this whole holiday season.. Not one. This is the first time that has EVER happened. I was pretty gosh-darned proud of myself! I have not felt even compelled to "want it"...I love it!

Crazy week is coming to an end. I will be SO glad that DD17's week is over---she has run herself ragged this week between work, school & volunteer work that she is being a little witch this morning. To make it worse, she is taking SAT's again tomorrow... I'm hoping she'll be in bed EARLY tonight because she needs it. Little monkey! I think we're going to a late dinner after DH gets off work.. Right now everything sounds super yummy...then by the time we get there I'm like, meh...whatever He gets so mad at me when I do this, but I can't help it! For whatever reason, now that I've got these "reward days"...I am SUPER picky about what I'm eating.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:

WTG Danielle!!

I think excess popcorn is agreeing with you.

Monica, that's a good idea with the juice boxes. On my street last night I saw none of the houses handing out drinks, and I did hear kids complain about being thirsty. A bottled water station wouldn't have gone amiss! Maybe a cooler in the shape of a coffin. Hmmmm.... We might just do this next year.

Halloween, no candy, DD, came in under 500c?? Way to rock the holiday!! You earned that happy news from the scale this morning.

Tami, that baby is so cute he should be on a calendar.

Starr, do you have some favorite elk recipes? We have elk here, too. It's a very lean meat, isn't it?

You did great on Halloween!

Laura, what's your favorite cheesecake? I haven't made a cheesecake in years. LC cheesecake is so great.

Me... well, the past few days have been a little stressful, but I managed to stay on plan and keep walking forward.

In the plus column: Gavin's first ToT expedition. We discovered last night that we live in the trick or treating capital of the world right here on this street. It's a little disorienting to just stumble onto a full-on cultural festival in the US that has no publicity, no corporate backing or profit motive, and no police presence...but there you go.

I had no idea about this street. Even the pre-holiday decoration gave no adequate clue about what would happen once the curtain went up on Halloween night!

The street is about half a mile long, and connects the coast highway with the lake road. (We live near the highway end of the road.) There are three huge parking lots on our end, and by 7:30 they were FULL of cars. If that tells you anything.

Gavin looked adorable in his transformers costume that my neighbor helped me find at the thrift shop for 5 bucks, btw. Sorry no pictures of that.

On the beginning of the tour was an elaborate home-made haunted house. (Complete with blood-dripping guy wielding a chain saw. We Oregonians just love us some chain saws.) There was a kid in a plastic garbage bag wiggling his way out of a coffin and yelling HELP!!...and then laughing at us when we freaked out. There was a severed head (still talking and making faces) in an old freezer. Gavin wasn't sure about all this, it being his first experience with Halloween and all, but one of my (male) neighbors walked through with him and held his hand through the entire thing. There was a witch, a real eco-feminist pagan goddess-y witch in tie-dye ('cause again, that's how we roll here in Oregon) handing out candy to the ToT-ers and posing for photos at the end of the haunted house tour through the scary back yard. And that was just the first house!

By 5, the street started to fill with people, neighbors and friends from school. Driving a car down the road was slower than walking and most people knew better than to even try. All the kids seemed to know each other. The costumes were creative and mostly homemade. There were a few dogs in costume, and at least one ferret.

We walked on, stopping at each house with a light on. Lots of retirees handing out candy, checking out costumes. Gavin got into the spirit and actually said "trick or treat" to himself outside someone's gate, but he wouldn't go in and knock on their door so the neighbor went and collected his candy for him.

The main event was a little further down the road at a cul-de-sac development where all the neighbors participate in decoration for holidays. They really went all out! There were lighted inflatable witches and goblins; there was an outhouse with a skeleton sitting on the loo reading a magazine; there was a coffin on the back of a lifted truck with someone banging on it from the inside yelling "let me out!". There was a police officer in uniform with skeleton arms handing out candy.

Gavin was ready to go home by the end of all this! Me, too! So we gave our ToT hand-out candy to the neighbor at the front of the park and called it a night.

I didn't eat any candy, and neither did Gavin, but I did have 2 cups of diet hot chocolate (which is excellent!) after he had his bath and went to bed.

DD today. Happy Friday everyone!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #470
Blabbermouth!!!

Awww Lynne~ it sounds like last night was a completely memorable night! It sounds like it was so much fun!!! Wonderful that Gavin had such a great time.

Ssssshhhhhhhh! The popcorn fairy is lurking... It's almost movie time again this weekend!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, you're melting! How exciting to be so close to goal!

I thought I was going to see a new low this week, but was actually up a couple to 188/189 this morning... had mongolian bbq and a 'mystery' sugar free slurpee last night. It was good, but probably loaded with salt & who knows what else.

Thought y'all (hehe) would like the baby pic. What a doll. I am hoping to see him this weekend. Well, I technically 'saw' him yesterday. He stayed in the car & I stood a distance away making him smile. My BIL asked where I got the helium. hehe. I told him I've been saving it just for Kellan. And yes, he is incredibly cute cute cute! He sucks on his pointer & ring finger with his hand upside down and then smiles and laughs around his fingers. Adorable.

Lynne, what an awesome area you live in. How fun! I'm glad Gavin had a good first experience, too. I'm sure he'll be even more into it in the years to come. Fun fun fun!

We tackled the last two haunted houses that we had already bought tickets for last night. The first was a smaller one, but it was a BLAST! Their actors were great and did NOT adhere to that whole no touching rule! Yikes. I actually caught myself saying, 'Ok, that's enough' to a clown who was following me touching my bare calves (capris) with 'something'. He was just following me through the fun house portion of their set up and kept rubbing some rubbery like thing on my legs. Eeek! So fun. They had a character out front who was lighting things on fire with his finger tips. Pretty cool. He carried a gas can full of water with him to put out the fires which was funny in and of itself. Really great actors who were totally into it. The second was a HUGE production type event. The best I can describe the whole area was like an old west, carnival, freak show, type thing? Lots going on, way more than we expected, with fire throwers, different activity booths, and 8 haunted attractions. It was crazy. There were costumed characters roaming about everywhere, plus the freaky public. It was definitely interesting and definitely something we want to do again next year. We only did 5 of 8 of the attractions and really didn't make the most of that place, hence wanting to try it again next year. DH & I were drained by 10:30, though. Both of us are still not feeling great. My throat was killing me after a couple hours of random screams lol and we were ready to go.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Lynne ,we actually just cook elk the same as beef!! We have it made into a lot of burger !! So everyone decides how much fat to add! What is real good about it is it doesn't have the hormones or other drugs making it much healthier!!!i guess some people get a gamey taste from different regions but ours never taste like that.... So far anyway!!
I didn't cook for DH but helped him bring all of his things in and washed his laundry!!!also cleaned the kitchen after he cooked. Fair enuf don't u think???
Shopping with DD today and forgot to wear my Fitbit!!! I keep doing that!!
She helped me find a cute & comfy pair of boots so I am happy!!
No more snow and DH found the shovel when he got home!!
I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Monica yeppers I sell candy. Bought a ton today... about 30.00 worth, which is a lot of candy. I have a whole filing cabinet drawer full at work.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Wendy, I love Montana. My sis was on I90, in Idaho, but only an hour & a half or so from Missoula. It's ok here, but I still can't understand why she moved. Lucky you to have fresh elk! We saw a couple of herds when we visited my sis last year. I've actually been to Montana a few times for dog shows. Love Love Love... they aren't lying when they say it's 'big sky country'. I really miss it!

Laura, smart girl selling candy to the office zombies <gg>

I'm pretty excited as I saw a new low today First new low since August! I'm not changing a thing and hoping and praying this trend continues... based on previous experience I won't be holding my breath either. lol. 186 today... come on 170's... please?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #475
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami! I have some of the most amazing pictures of MT when I went to visit.. so gorgeous. My BFF nearly killed me getting me to "hike the M" at the University..good Lord above I thought I was gonna go rolling back down! It felt amazing to make it and take in the view!
True at heart, however, I am a city girl through and through. I love the hustle and bustle noises the city makes--when we stayed in SF last year I was in heaven. Can't wait to get there!

Scale's bouncing again, but then, it was free day Friday soo...I'll be playing with those stupid numbers all weeekend willing them to go back down.
DD17 is at her SAT's.. poor kid, she is exhausted. Learned a valuable lesson about prioritizing and planning correctly..she crammed about 2 weeks worth of work, volunteering & homework into about 4 days this week--even *I'm* tired! I have a feeling she'll come home and crash, and I won't be surprised if we don't see her until tomorrow sometime.
Throat's scratchy again today...praying like heck it's nothing!
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Hi Everyone!

I bombed on my diet on Thursday! 1 peanut butter cup, 1 butter finger mini, 1 hershey mini, 1 almond joy mini and a few tootsie rolls. PLUS a four piece nugget.

Then, yesterday a cup of wendy's chili and a half spicy chicken salad AND I ate the crackers and the croutons that came with it!!!!

Are you all going to kick me out of the club?

I have to pick myself up and get organized. DD came home and asked me if I even ate this week as the fridge is devoid of all food except for eggs, cheese and condiments.

Actually the drummer bought me a quart of cream for my coffee so I have that too.

In the freezer I have 4 chicken wings, 1/4 of sausage, 1 steak and Italian meatballs.

The drummer was amazed I made him dinner on nothing. I have super powers too. I made stew beef tomato soup. For him I put rice in his and made him a loaf of bread. Those were the last of the garden tomatoes. I think his head is still spinning on that one.

I have to pay my bills today and then go grocery shopping.

DD had her friend over last night and she rummaged and made a beautiful breakfast for them. They had pancakes and hot chocolate. It was cute. I think dd was surprised too. Her little friend has super powers too.

I went shopping last night to the consignment store. I bought a leather leopard print belt which is the width between a skinny belt and a smaller thin belt. I love it. It looks brand new and does not appear to ever have been worn. It was only $4 and the ones I've been looking at have been over $20 and the one at target $10. This one I like even better as it is sturdy and it thick. Plus, it has a slight reptilian pattern going on in the background. It is very interesting.

The guy is still around. He can't stop laughing when he is here. I must amuse him. He is extremely interactive.

Last night I was on the phone with him and he was frustrated as he cut up his drum to add something to it. I don't know what... I don't get the whole drum thing, but he is a professional drummer and went to college at the conservatory. Right now, he does not play out and has his business with ads and such. Something to do with those place mats you see on tables at restaurants. Whatever. Anyway, he was pulling stuff out of his garage to get another drum to cut up and pulled out this African bamboo percussion instrument and started banging on that. I could actually hear a melody and pictured kangaroos in biker jackets and leather hats dancing around. Then I fell asleep on the phone. I forgot how well he played.

Today, dd and I are going to two consignment shops. She will blast through the clothing budget like wild fire. She always finds things she likes. Last time she found this very very sexy UCONN sweatshirt that was so femininely fitted and exposed her shoulders. It was so cute the way it was cut and so girly. I bought it for her not realizing it was so sexy. Then she wore it and I never knew I bought her a silver bra, but I guess I did and her straps matched perfectly from the little that was exposed.

I wonder what she will find today if anything.

I have to boil eggs and eat them before I go. I cannot have any more days like thursday and friday.

Ok...off to pay bills, take a shower and go!!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #477
Blabbermouth!!!

Maureen, if we got kicked out for going off plan I'd have been kicked out long ago....TRUST ME! Onward & forward is all that matters and it sounds like you're off to a great start today! So glad things seem to be working with the new guy, he sounds like fun! Have fun with DD today, I wish I could convince my 17yo to go to consignment for stuff....
Thanks for the reminder, I need to go boil my eggs too!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

No kicking you out Maureen... but I'm keeping an eye on my candy box! The guys at work don't see how I can't want to eat some. It doesn't even interest me. I know I'm a freak.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Hi Ladies!!!

Lots and lots to tell in just a short few hours!!!

Laura, thanks for not kicking me out!! I don't know how you resist the candy!!!

Danielle,

It was my DD who actually hooked me on the consignment shops! I was such a snob. I'd give her about $20 or $50 for clothes (depending on what I had) and that was it until next paycheck. I told her if she decided to blow it on junk that was her issue and if she did not have any clothes oh well! Yes, I'm a horrible mom with the tough love.

What actually happened was, she on her own discovered consignment shops. I'd not take her as all I could think of was clothes out of style and smelling of moth balls. She asked me to open my mind and I went with her.

Three trips later I started to actually look around. I found a navy blue cashmere sweater for $15 and that was my first purchase.

Today, she did not find anything. I did!!! I found my Thanksgiving top! It is cranberry and shimmery like duponi silk; it is not, but it looks like it! It is so fitted and zips up the back with an extreme invisible zipper! I almost did not see it, but someone did not zip it down all the way. Yes, it is a up to down zipper. The sleeves are cuffed and beautiful. The neckline is like ribbon candy and stands up. LOVE it! I can afford to lose weight in the belly, but it is passable. If I lose more weight in the next three weeks, it will be looking awesome! That was $14 but I'd have paid 80 or more for it in my old life prior to the divorce and consignment stores.

I'll wear it with my velvet capris with heels.

Next, we went to the other store and I found my Christmas dress for only $5! It is that cute clingy material and it has a drape down to the navel, but a shimmery sequined tank under it for modesty. It is so comfortable, but I need to lose more weight, but I can do it and if I can't, spanx can!!!! I could not pass it up for only 5 dollars! I love it! I was shocked I found a beautiful dress for only $5.

Then I bought cold shoulder dressier t-shirt for 4 dollars. Cute.

Finally I bought a Loft sweater cardigan in black. Light weight for 3.75 that was on the clearance rack as nobody bought it over the summer.

I bought a scarf for dd in black and white tapestry and plaid for $4.

Then to the grocery where I bought cabbage, cauliflower, lettuce, squash, spaghetti squash, cheese, chicken and a roast. Heavy cream too as tomorrow I am making whipped cream flavored with white chocolate syrup (sugar free) and topping my coffee.

So, that was my day....... back to focusing on my diet and my best foot forward. Hmmm, perhaps a home spa pedicure with a movie is in order tonight... LOL LOL
Old 11-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

making a throw together quickie meal... canned chicken, mushrooms, canned asparagus (would be better with roasted I'm sure), spaghetti sauce, fresh Parmesan shredded cheese, 5 cheese Italian cheese, and some Italian seasoning. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Closed Thread