Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Lynne at 5'7" you aren't in a 14 till the 150's? That seems odd. I am 5'8" and at 172 I am in size 10 for the most part with some of my 12's still fitting and some are huge. STRANGE!

How's the ankle???

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Oh, and YES, Monica, this is THE move! They're coming to stay! They're making great time and baby Kellan is cooperating well with the long drive. They should be to my mom's later tonight, but I'll probably avoid them until Wednesday if all goes with this disease
HOW EXCITING!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your family! That will be awesome! Certainly where you are is much better than IDAHO, right???

How are you feeling today?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post
My high school crush? lol yes, I have his number and he has mine. BUT, he is coming over to watch the Red Sox with me tonight. He asked me out for coffee, but I could not go to that either. He is an avid fan, and guess what? So am I!

And, he sang the song for me that we sang in chorus oh so many years ago. He has a beautiful voice and he still remembers the exact notes. This is the song I fell in a crush over him with. Bali Hai! He was the only tenor who could get all the notes on pitch!!! He was soooo smooth.

My dd22 got the job!!! She has her first big girl job!! I wanted to cry in the office when she called to tell me! She is such a good girl! So proud of her! AND she will be working with two autistic kids. She wanted to work with autistic kids and made sure she took extra classes just to understand. She has such a good heart! Love her to pieces!

How exciting! He sounds awesome. Do let us know! Me though, Cardinals all the way!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #424

Laura, I have to grocery shop tonight. Want to go for me????
Old 10-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Monica, your kids are gorgeous! CONGRATS on your son's confirmation!
Thank you! Your dinner sounds amazing. Was it????
Old 10-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #426
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Hey guys! Never a dull moment around this house, some times I forget what day it is, let alone the time. Whoever said the toddler years were the toughest was a liar liar liar-pants!

Headed to see the original Halloween tonight at the theater...taking DD17 she is so excited. I think she'll love it...my scary-movie-lovin-daughter of mine!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Thank you! Your dinner sounds amazing. Was it????
Yes, the BBQ chicken of hers is a staple over here; I love that BBQ sauce! I double it and store it for a couple months to have on hand for chicken & pork. The broccoli slaw - first time trying it. I wanted mac & cheese and thought this would be a substitute. I browned it up nicely and it tasted great both with and withouth the cheese. I'll be having this as a side dish more often - the family liked it.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner tonight - leftover BBQ chicken (from last night) and leftover steak fajitas (from Sunday). Side salad if I'm up for it
Old 10-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Headed to see the original Halloween tonight at the theater...taking DD17 she is so excited. I think she'll love it...my scary-movie-lovin-daughter of mine!
An oldie but a goodie! I get chills at the part when she walks home from school, gets in the house and looks out the window.....CHILLS!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #430
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
An oldie but a goodie! I get chills at the part when she walks home from school, gets in the house and looks out the window.....CHILLS!
Ha! I love it! We actually own all of these movies, but so much fun to see it on the big screen! Now I'll think of you when this scene comes up
Old 10-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Lynne at 5'7" you aren't in a 14 till the 150's? That seems odd. I am 5'8" and at 172 I am in size 10 for the most part with some of my 12's still fitting and some are huge. STRANGE!

How's the ankle???
I know! Odd. It seems like I read somewhere (WebMD?) that size 12 or less is the cutoff point for visceral fat being dangerous to your health, so I'm not done losing weight until I get to size 12, even if I weigh 85 pounds.

No ankle problem. I was just commenting on Tami's trip through the corn maze and how I'd probably hurt myself.

Tami, I hope you feel all better now. Welcome to baby Kellan and his family!!

Stacy, yummm BBQ chicken!! The brocco slaw sounds pretty good, too. I LC food!!

Liz, those costumes are great! Batman and Robin in tutus.

Maureen, congrats to DD on her grown-up job!! That's no small accomplishment nowadays!

Also...go Red Sox.

Danielle, I totally agree on the power of the big screen for the big scream!!

I'm crazy busy today so gotta fly. Have a great Tuesday, everyone!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Liz, absolutely adorable! Somehow I missed the pic yesterday, but I LOVE the girls' costumes!

Monica... truth be told I like Idaho better. They were in Northern Idaho and it was gorgeous... cold at times, but like living at Lake Tahoe gorgeous without the crazy property prices. We were actually thinking about moving that direction. Oh-well. It will be great to see them again. They ended up spending the night in Oregon last night and the last update I got my sis was counting down the miles to the northern most In-n-Out

Danielle, have fun at the movies! Sounds like a great time!

Thanks for all the well wishes. I manged to overdo it feeling too good yesterday and am paying for it today. Oh-well. I still think I'm on the mend. Congestion is better today, still there, but better. I'm just achy and sore all over. I'm still hoping to see Sis & fam tomorrow

Have a great day everyone.. or at least what's left of it. Lunch time here
Old 10-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Morning!

Rather it is NIGHT again!

Batman costumes? Teenagers running rampant.

You guys have had loads of fun here today and last night!

Danielle, how was the movie? Did dd get scared? lol

Stacy, wow, look at you go with the BBQ chicken!

Monica! Hi there!!!

Laura, what are we having for dinner?

Well, No sooner did I hit post last night, DD called me and she was offered yet another job in a school system with a union and 4 more dollars a hour. She is taking that one. My goodness two job offers in one day. I am so proud of my girl!

Today, was fancy girl dress up day. I wore my old dress but it was too low cut these days so I had to top it with a cropped sweater to smuggle the goods. What was neat was it is a black dress with fushia at the bottom with white/gray rose flowers. My little sweater pulled out the fushia. I could not walk down the hallway without getting compliments on this dress. I seem to wear it differently each time. It is the same flipping dress!!!

Sometimes I wear it with a black lace tank top peaking out or sometimes a wine which compliments the fushia. Sometimes I top it with a cranberry lace long sweater. Sometimes I put a wine pullover the top of it and it looks like a skirt. Sometimes I wear black hose. Sometimes no hose.

Same dress!!! My goodness.

Anyway.... I can't stay under the radar when I wear this dress.

I had some country ribs today and that was it. I have to focus on dinner.

Then I'm going to bake stuff and take a bath and change my sheets and do stuff.

Have a great night
Old 10-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
I think tonight will be hot wing tenders and mock mac and cheese.

Tami... it seems to go away fast enough, mine is so hopefully yours follows suit. I had to take meds for a day and a half and I feel much better now.

Lynne I'm lalalaing the Red Sox comment... if you even think anything but go Cardinals around here I think they might linch ya! Beat the daylights out of you at least, any way ya put it I'm not chancing it.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #435
Big Yapper!!!!

Maureen, haven't gone yet. Should be fun!!
Something tells me that it doesn't matter what you're wearing---you're pretty hard to hide under the radar Awesome personalities are hard to be invisible

Laura, Sox fans in this house. Sorry!

Tami, glad you're feeling alittle better! So excited for you to have your family all together. This holiday is gonna be amazeballs!

Lynne, I wouldn't worry too much about sizing, it's totally nutso.. DD17 is 118lbs and wears anywhere from a size 6-10 depending on the brand. She's 5'7" and rail thin and a size 10? Really?

Monica, I love your little family so much

Stacy, I got the double chocolate chunk Quest bars today! All natural, no artificials. I'll letcha know how it is tomorrow.
-------------

Ok, time to eat so we can head to the theater. Have a great night my lovelies!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Liz,your children look great in their costumes!Great job!!
Danielle, Now I am going to listen for Chris Powell to talk to me!! can't wait!! Lol!!You are doing it WTG!!!
Monica,I love the pictures you added of you and your children!!beautiful!!All of you!!
Tami,I hope you are feeling better and that your family is almost there!!You will love having them close!!
Maureen ,have funnnn with your crush...it sounds like you have alot in common...keep us posted!
Laura, I always love new things for the kitchen so DH can use them more!! Well sometimes I do some of it!!! Only sometimes! Like now he is gone hunting and I hope he gets home early tomorrow to make dinner!!lol
I don't do Halloweeen very well...I can't watch scary anything??? I like to see CUTE GD in CUTE costumes.That is the extent of the holiday for me!! Oh of course I like candy but I dont have trick or treaters out where I live!!!No excuse to buy it then!!
Also it snowed yesterday and I spent all day shoveling snow....actually with a big broom as I have no idea where DH put the shovel!! Good exercise,tho!! It is cold...BRRRRR..Seems like Halloween is always cold for the kids to go out!! They stick to going to only friends homes these days around here...also one of the Moose lodges has a party for all of the children.
Think I will use my new walking dvd for the cold weather!! tomorrow I get to do physical therapy in the pool!!! That should be fun.I love to be in water. That is if it isn't cold!! We will see!!!
I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #437
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrhae View Post
Liz,your children look great in their costumes!Great job!!
Danielle, Now I am going to listen for Chris Powell to talk to me!! can't wait!! Lol!!You are doing it WTG!!!
Monica,I love the pictures you added of you and your children!!beautiful!!All of you!!
Tami,I hope you are feeling better and that your family is almost there!!You will love having them close!!
Maureen ,have funnnn with your crush...it sounds like you have alot in common...keep us posted!
Laura, I always love new things for the kitchen so DH can use them more!! Well sometimes I do some of it!!! Only sometimes! Like now he is gone hunting and I hope he gets home early tomorrow to make dinner!!lol
I don't do Halloweeen very well...I can't watch scary anything??? I like to see CUTE GD in CUTE costumes.That is the extent of the holiday for me!! Oh of course I like candy but I dont have trick or treaters out where I live!!!No excuse to buy it then!!
Also it snowed yesterday and I spent all day shoveling snow....actually with a big broom as I have no idea where DH put the shovel!! Good exercise,tho!! It is cold...BRRRRR..Seems like Halloween is always cold for the kids to go out!! They stick to going to only friends homes these days around here...also one of the Moose lodges has a party for all of the children.
Think I will use my new walking dvd for the cold weather!! tomorrow I get to do physical therapy in the pool!!! That should be fun.I love to be in water. That is if it isn't cold!! We will see!!!
We were posting at the same time, sweet lady!

Definitely listen, Chris is dying to talk to you! I am truly thoroughly enjoying his plan. I can see eating this way for the rest of my life, and that makes me VERY happy.

I'm so jealous you have a hubbs that loves to grocery shop and cook too. Mine loves the grocery store....except he comes home with half of what we DON'T need He means well, and for that, he has my heart!

Wow, snow?! I can't even imagine. I just had the a/c on yesterday cause we were in the 90's! Today we're sitting at 70-something so I'm a happy girl today.

Enjoy your pool time tomorrow, it sounds wonderful!!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Thank-You Danielle!!! do you have Chris's books or which one would you get if you wer to get one??
Old 10-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #439
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrhae View Post
Thank-You Danielle!!! do you have Chris's books or which one would you get if you wer to get one??
I have the second one, Chose More, Lose More, For Life. I've not read the first one, but my understanding is that the 2nd is just more expanded if that makes sense? Instead of just 1 cycle (1st book) there are 4 depending on your needs. Also, the food list is bigger from what I'm told. Either way, you cannot go wrong! Easy easy read, he includes success stories along the way, as well as some things to think about mentally regarding weight loss. It's a great book!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
I'm back for a few.....

Laura....omg, that sounds divine. I want that. I just started to clean out the fridge. I've got some seaweed flakes in there to make something, but I forgot what I wanted to make!

Danielle, thank you for the compliment. I try so hard to stay under the radar and keep my mouth shut. Tell me how you like the no artificial quest bars as maybe my system can handle that.

Wendy, lol shoveling snow with a broom? I suppose you could have put on a witch's hat and really played the part!!! Yep, having fun with the crush. He is coming back over tonight. He is late though, but on his way. He had to go move furniture today for his mom. I don't remember his mom, but he remembers my mom very well. Funny how this happened after I was just stomping around last week over the bear that cheated on his wife. The crush is way better and makes me laugh. Perhaps he is too silly for me, but whatever. ME, saying someone is too silly!

Anyway.....who else is having dinner?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Maureen here's a link to the blog where I post most my recipes

My low carb journey and love of food
Old 10-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #442

Tami glad you are feeling better.

Danielle how did DD19 like the movie?

Laura, cool blog!

Wendy I heard MT was getting dumped on! Is this early?? Seems early to me!

Lynne interesting about the size thing. Truly means we are all made different!

It's HUMP Day! Tomorrow is Halloween and we have 2 coworkers flying in from out of state. Thankfully I am not needed tomorrow, but Friday will be a mess! Love that, NOT! I guess, go with it, I don't have any other option! 170.0 today
Old 10-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #443
Big Yapper!!!!

Monica~ DD17 loved the movie! I thought for sure she would think it totally hokey, and while we laughed at the ridiculousness of some things, overall she really enjoyed it. It was quite crowded and it was funny to hear people laughing at parts that "back in the day" had us all quaking in our boots. Me, on the other hand, ate entirely too much popcorn!

Maureen~ glad you're enjoying time with the new guy...sometimes things revisited are the best things! I have a friend in high school who just married a guy that we were all friends w/ in high school....all these years later, it's crazy! But she is hopelessly happy and in love. ♥

Wendy~ where in MT are you at? So beautiful up there!!!

Me~ Well, I am off to begin my day of chugging water.... kinda dropped the ball last night with all that dang popcorn and I'm up on the scale.. My own stupid fault, and I'm sure it'll come off soon..I just won't be making those 30's before the end of the month like I'd wanted. Meh!

Have a great day, ladies!!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post
Well, No sooner did I hit post last night, DD called me and she was offered yet another job in a school system with a union and 4 more dollars a hour. She is taking that one. My goodness two job offers in one day. I am so proud of my girl!
How cool is that! WTG DD! Love hearing about your fashion adventures, too. I'm so a jeans & t-shirt kind of girl... actually I do cute tops 90% of the time, though almost always with capris or jeans Just caught up on the juicy crush details, too. So far so good it sounds like... fun!

Laura, glad to hear the crud left you quickly. Mine's just barely hanging on.

Oh my goodness, Danielle, you aren't kidding! I can't wait for the holidays! Heck, I can't wait to go see them! DS21 is over there right now helping them unload their u-haul into storage for the time being. They're staying with my mom until they find a place, get jobs, etc. They both have some really strong leads, so shouldn't take long. My sis actually has a job offer in hand, but it's not what she really wants so is holding out a bit. Anyway, I'm so jealous of DS & my mom getting to play with Kellan! Soon... Glad you & DD had a great time at the theater! Popcorn water weight will be gone in no time

Star, can't believe you're shoveling (sweeping!) snow already! Brrr. Good luck with the pool! Such great exercise!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #445
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm a jeans & t-shirt kinda girl too...I attribute it to being a SAHM for a million years As I drop weight I promised myself that I would begin to venture out of my comfort zone a bit and try to change things up a bit... we'll see how that goes!

Soon you'll be there smothering that little baby! Glad to hear that the job prospect is not going to be a long road for them..makes the idea of having to live with family a little more tolerable IMO. BTDT and it wasn't so much fun after awhile!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #446

Tami , you HAVE to post a baby pic when you get there to SMOTHER that child! Smother with KISSES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #447
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I meant smothering with kisses!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Grrr...scale went back up, and I've been doing good. I think tomorrow, I am going to get back on the water train...I've let that go. I gotta get something accomplished if I want to lose 15 lbs by the end of this challenge!! Not sure I'm gonna get there at this point, I'm in true plateau mode it seems. I guess I have been eating salty things it seems lately....tonights dinner was gyros meat & greek salad, so go figure.

I walked 2.2 miles yesterday and 1.85 miles today....I'm so glad I'm back at it! My goal is to walk 4x a week.

Everyone - enjoy your Halloween!

Old 10-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Is it December yet? Ok I'll settle for Nov 5th. I ordered my platform bed and it'll be here next week. Friday I'm ordering my comforter set with this big white comforter and decorative pillows...Can't wait! have never in my life ordered a new bed.
I got a bag of candy for the guys and gal at work to trick or treat at my desk, and a purple pumpkin for them to pick it out of. It'll hurt my candy sales for the night but oh well. There will be tomorrow.

Danielle I'm a jeans and t kinda girl too. That's the standard uniform at work and well I'm always at work so that's what's in my closet.

Stacy you'll get that Whoosh and won't care about the up down any more.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #450
Senior LCF Member

I live about 70 miles from the Canadian border !!actually Great Falls is 60 miles the other direction!! Snow is usually here for Halloween but doesn't stay like that every day!! We also have terrible wind!!! I would like to move back closer to the mountains in Helena , Butte, or Missoula but we have been here 25 years now!! My husband transferred here with Amtrak and now we are retired !! We love that and watching our DGD!!!
DH is home and cooked dinner!!! Maybe I will surprise him and cook something tomorrow !! Well we will see!! I wouldn't want to shock him!!!
He got his elk and is happy !! Means we can fill the freezer!! I like elk and it's good for us !
Everyone have a fun Halloween!!
Closed Thread