Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Red Sox won - three more to go.

My brain is not so foggy now the effects of the quest bars are gone. Man, they made me stupid too. My body does not like artificial anything. I rarely drink and if I ever do, I'm fogged up in the brain for days - similar reaction from the quest bars. Over the counter meds do the same thing. I am highly sensitive.

I am hungry again. I do NOT like being hungry. I need a personal chef if I'm expected to work full time and do all I do. Not feeling the domesticity which is needed to eat well lately. Ugh.

Laura, in business these days, companies don't care to hire extra. They put the weight on the workers. My firm just told me a few weeks ago I needed to up my productivity. My position needed 1.5 people. I'm expected to do it all now and I have an e-mail telling me what was expected and now they changed it. If I can't do it, they will hire a new kid out of college to do it. Thing is if you rush, you make mistakes and I need to keep under a 5% error rate so I am freaked out all day trying to do as much as I can and still keep under that 5% so I can keep my job and my insurance. I don't even get up except to go to the printer, and I put all my prints on hold so they will print all at once.

My team just keeps bringing me coffee all day as they know I'll not get up from my desk unless I have to. They are so cute, they come around the corner and check the status of my cup. I'm on the hook for them too as if they miss something and I don't catch it I'm hung out to dry. They know this too as I'll send their work back if it is too time consuming for me to fix. Lot of stress and pressure in my job.

Speaking of work, I have to find something to wear again. Clients are still in the office. I don't know what to wear!!! This is horrible!

I am thinking of just wearing gray pinstripe slacks (which now fit me again) and a purple 3/4 sleeve faux wrap purple knit top which is actually a light sweater, but I'm afraid I'll boil over again with the heat. I hate the environment at work. I am never comfortable. Everyone is always so cold. Why can't they just bundle up? There are only so many clothes I can take off.

Laura, spinach dip.....did you make the colby jack chips? I'm assuming so?

I usually make all my food from scratch too. I really don't like the way my body feels if it is out of a box. Back before low carb I'd grind my own flour and everything was made fresh. Yes, I used to be a domestic Goddess.

Ok, off to figure out food. Being in control of oneself's nutrition is really draining at times. Discipline is key. I need to be more disciplined!!!! That is my goal for today!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Monica~ DD loves chocolate too so go figure! I love chocolate milk... crazy kid of mine. Contemplating some coconut bark but not sure her tum can handle it It's always something, huh? She needs to up her calories drastically, we still have lots of work to do.
Has she tried the Slimfast Protein shakes? They have 20 grams of protein and are 180c. I ask because it is the ONE and ONLY shake my 2 kids both love. I have a standing order now on Amazon. They send me ten 4 packs at the first of the month and sometimes that isn't enough!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:43 AM   #363

Quote:
Ya'll posted so much today. Monica-1, ya made up for lost time there, chica. Hope your headache is better, but you left out what you actually watched on TV during rest time! =) Yep, chocolate milk is a freak of nature. I don't like it either and I love milk and I love chocolate (sometimes).
On Saturday we watched:

Nashville
The Goldbergs
Hostage
Mom
Nightmare on Elm Street (the first one)

It was her first really scary movie. Well, I say really scary because when I was her age I watched that and I couldn't sleep for weeks. Well, now as she and I were watching it, the effects and such....LAME. She wasn't scared at all! The good thing, she had no trouble sleeping!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Monica, no I'm a Chicago native...been here my whole life. A friend of mine turned me on to Waxman in Chicago; she used to work nearby and would pick me up some votives that I absolutely loved. I don't get to go there very often, so i had learned from ordering on their website that they are based in Lawrence. Another friend of mine went to KU and saw my stash of candles and said ''when did you go to Lawrence?" lol! I never did; she didn't know there was a chicago store and that you could order online
Small world isn't it??? MY DS14 is a HUGE Ku Fan, although he plans to go to KState. My DD12 won't even wear KU stuff anymore, she claims she loves KState. It's all good with DH , that is where he graduated from. Me, I could care less about any of it. I cheer for KU because that is good for Lawrence and I went to MStateU-Springfield in MO! Honestly, they must go to college, that is all I care about. Is your friend a HUGE KU Fan???
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Monica we're down a person too and it doesn't seem like they are trying to hire anyone! Why would they 2 people and getting the job done just fine so why hire a 3rd back. Yet my job doesn't get done and at the end of the month they freak out! This month will be ok because they did a whole plant physical inventory so no monthly or quarterly cycle count is needed but next month they will be right back to freaking out.
Well, at my job, we just took over a block of business from another carrier in KS and we are SUPER busy. Now it really makes no sense to be down a person! BOSS', sometimes they aren't so smart!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #366

FRIDAY - EVE everyone!!!!!!

Good, busy week here! Plans for the weekend?
Old 10-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Has she tried the Slimfast Protein shakes? They have 20 grams of protein and are 180c. I ask because it is the ONE and ONLY shake my 2 kids both love. I have a standing order now on Amazon. They send me ten 4 packs at the first of the month and sometimes that isn't enough!
I believe we looked at those and they had something in them she couldn't have...maybe soy? I can't remember I got her the Atkins ones..she didn't like them so now mama is drinking them!

Quote:
On Saturday we watched:

Nashville
The Goldbergs
Hostage
Mom
Nightmare on Elm Street (the first one)

It was her first really scary movie. Well, I say really scary because when I was her age I watched that and I couldn't sleep for weeks. Well, now as she and I were watching it, the effects and such....LAME. She wasn't scared at all! The good thing, she had no trouble sleeping!
Love all those shows...especially The Goldbergs...that's my era! Nashville, could the men in that show be any more handsome! DD17 loves scary movies, she usually ends up laughing herself silly, especially the old ones. I think DH and I are gonna take her to go see the original Halloween in the theater this week..she'll laugh I'm sure Funnily enough, when that Elm Street first came out way back in the day...I went to see it with friends when i was 16...scared the bejeezus outta me, I had to sleep with a nightlight for months! Yes, and I obviously wasn't supposed to be seeing it either, so I couldn't even tell my parents I was scared!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
So before I even leave for work I get a text from my co-worker that she isn't coming in. So I'm the only one in the office doing 3 peoples jobs.... to say the least it was stressful and I ate all low carb, but food I didn't need and wasn't actually hungry. I really like my co-worker she's a new mom but she is almost always 30 minutes to 2 hours late for work or doesn't show up. It gets old really quick. So I basicly stressed out all night and barely got things ready for the next shift... it just sucked!

Don't remind me that the Cardinals lost... I'm right outside of St. Louis.... everyone at work is mad as hell. They are all wearing the Cardinal's gear and not shaving and stupid stuff like that.....

Last edited by LauraDavis; 10-24-2013 at 09:07 AM..
Old 10-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #369

Quote:
I believe we looked at those and they had something in them she couldn't have...maybe soy? I can't remember I got her the Atkins ones..she didn't like them so now mama is drinking them!

Love all those shows...especially The Goldbergs...that's my era! Nashville, could the men in that show be any more handsome! DD17 loves scary movies, she usually ends up laughing herself silly, especially the old ones. I think DH and I are gonna take her to go see the original Halloween in the theater this week..she'll laugh I'm sure Funnily enough, when that Elm Street first came out way back in the day...I went to see it with friends when i was 16...scared the bejeezus outta me, I had to sleep with a nightlight for months! Yes, and I obviously wasn't supposed to be seeing it either, so I couldn't even tell my parents I was scared!
I am sure it has SOY, I bet you are right!

That is hilarious about Elm ST. Heck I was the same. Scared out of my MIND!!!! I watched it Saturday and was like....WHY was I SCARED, this is just plain DUMB!

I too love the Goldbergs! SO VERY FUNNY! Mom, I can't decide if I really like it. The lead gal in it is NOT a good actress. you can actually see her wait for the line and such! Nashville, YES, the eye candy is enough to keep me watching. Oh we watched Grey's TOO! I love that show!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
Old 10-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
So before I even leave for work I get a text from my co-worker that she isn't coming in. So I'm the only one in the office doing 3 peoples jobs.... to say the least it was stressful and I ate all low carb, but food I didn't need and wasn't actually hungry. I really like my co-worker she's a new mom but she is almost always 30 minutes to 2 hours late for work or doesn't show up. It gets old really quick. So I basicly stressed out all night and barely got things ready for the next shift... it just sucked!

Don't remind me that the Cardinals lost... I'm right outside of St. Louis.... everyone at work is mad as hell. They are all wearing the Cardinal's gear and not shaving and stupid stuff like that.....
I hate when NEW MOM's are like that. It gives the rest of us a bad rap!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #371
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am sure it has SOY, I bet you are right!

That is hilarious about Elm ST. Heck I was the same. Scared out of my MIND!!!! I watched it Saturday and was like....WHY was I SCARED, this is just plain DUMB!

I too love the Goldbergs! SO VERY FUNNY! Mom, I can't decide if I really like it. The lead gal in it is NOT a good actress. you can actually see her wait for the line and such! Nashville, YES, the eye candy is enough to keep me watching. Oh we watched Grey's TOO! I love that show!
We watched the original awhile back, hadn't seen it in years, and I was dying at how freakin' hokey it was.. I was like wth was I so freaked out about
DD17 and I go to the scary ones at the movies all the time--we just saw Carrie..was good!

I've only seen one epi of Mom..the others are waiting on the dvr... I also like Crazy Ones and Super Fun Night. Also, an older one--Mike & Molly..hilarious.
I traded in Grey's for Revenge when that started..I can't remember why now So many shows, too little time I guess?
Old 10-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #372

See, I really WANT to like Crazy Ones, but thus far, to me, it just isn't funny.

I am a HUGE fan of Mike and Molly, DD12 and I are counting down the days till 11/04 when it is on again!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
See, I really WANT to like Crazy Ones, but thus far, to me, it just isn't funny.

I am a HUGE fan of Mike and Molly, DD12 and I are counting down the days till 11/04 when it is on again!!!!!!!!!!!
I really liked the first couple episodes, but I didn't care for one of the last ones where he's teaching his daughter to drive...it so wasn't funny I'm giving it 1 more week and if I don't like it I'll drop it.

I adore Melissa McCarthy, she is amazing in every way. Perhaps my most fave drama's are Revenge & Person of Interest--love love love Jim Caviezel & Taraji Henson.

The other new sitcom I really like is, The Millers.. great cast!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
OMG girls!!! I worked in the grocery store for years in our little town of 3000 people!!! When my husband and I retired I quit grocery shopping!! He likes to shop and cook !!! Wish Iknew that years ago!! I have only been back to the store twice in a year and a half !!!
Now DH went hunting for a wk !!! Hope I have frozen veggies and meat in the freezer!
Lucky we r going to grands
Old 10-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Oops. GS birthday!!! I went walking 5 miles this morning so I will pack tonite and pay bills before we leave!! My DF stays with our boxers while we r gone!! I feel blessed!!
City , where are you???
Old 10-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #376
Blabbermouth!!!

Wendy, wtg on the walk! Have a great time with your family, sounds fun!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
There is so much to read - I can't keep up!! Quick update - I lost 1 lb this week - YAY!

Dinner last night: I'll call it Beef w/Peapods soup. I cooked onions and diced round steak in the crockpot til tender with some low sodium beef broth and a dash of low sodium soy sauce, and a bit of garlic. Later I sauteed peapods & bok choy with soy sauce & ginger and added it to the crock pot and served right away. It was pretty good.

Tonight: I'm going to see if my husband would like to order Lou Malnatis pizza. They have a low carb version where the sausage is the crust and we would top it with veggies (spinach, red pepper, mushrooms, onions). I'm not sure if you are aware but Lou's is famous for their chicago-style deep dish pizza with a sausage LAYER as a topping...its a solid sausage patty! So this would be the reverse of that with no crust. I haven't had it in ages, and I'm hoping thats what we will do. Oh and they have a great house salad too...one of my faves.

I started walking this week, Monday and Tuesday. I got in a mile each day. I would have walked more, but I need to take it slow and also work is causing me to start early and end late, so I've pushed off the walking. I hope to get out there early tomorrow morning even though it's been 30 degrees in the morning. I'm good if I have earmuffs and gloves

Old 10-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
I haven't posted in a while I am trying to keep a float with all these posts!!! Glad to see we have such a large group to keep everyone going!!

So I had my first non scale victory (NSV) today I fit into a size 12 pants! From a size 18 to 12. For the first time since I started this I actually feel like I have accomplished something and I am starting to feel better about myself. Looking at myself this way is very hard, for some reason. I have a hard time feeling good about myself. SO I am excited to say that I feel good about myself and all the work that I have put into losing the 50 lbs. Am I the only one who does this to them selves?? Anyone else feel this way to until something finally makes you see how far you have come?

Any-who .... I hope everyone enjoys the weekend and finds some time to relax!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #379
Blabbermouth!!!

Stacy~ on your loss this week!!! Good job on the walking..that is a definite goal of mine for November. I've committed to at least 10 min. of exercise every day of Nov. I hope I can do it! The pizza sounds FAB!!! I love the idea of brisk Fall walks in the morning like that...just don't get that here.

Liz~ Girl, you are amazeballs! Size 12! I wish! GOOOOO YOU!! Be VERY proud of your accomplishments, 50lbs is NOTHING to sneeze at, that's flat out awesome!!!! That is my first long-term goal and I'm praying I make it sooner rather than later....Not when we're all in our 70's You're not alone, we are our own worst critics and I am notorious for messing with my own head and denying my accomplishments..I need to work on that! Enjoy your new size, it looks mahhhhvelous on you!
-------------

Slllloooooowwwly I'm creeping on down the scale! If I go by last Friday's stats to today's...I lost 2 lbs. I can't believe I am completing 6 weeks of carb cycling and I am totally in love still. Usually the honeymoon phase fades quickly and I get bored and start messing around with my plan to the point that I give up. Not the case so far and I am pretty proud of that fact! I am still a major work in progress, I still have the exercise thing to work in somehow into my day. I am committed though, I will figure it out! It's been the fastest and least painless 6 weeks of my life..I mean, I thought when I first found Atkins I was in heaven, (and don't get me wrong I LOVE Atkins) but this, this is absolutely the best of both worlds colliding and I am actually making it work. Every time I start to doubt myself or the plan, I can hear Chris Powell's voice, "trust me, trust the process"... so far so good!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 10-25-2013 at 07:02 AM..
Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #380

Quote:
The other new sitcom I really like is, The Millers.. great cast!
I watched that for the first time last week and YES, very funny indeed!

Liz - way to go!

Stacy - awesome on the loss
Old 10-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #381
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Liz - way to go!

Dracula is starting..Jonathan Rhys Myers, love him!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Stacy~ on your loss this week!!! Good job on the walking..that is a definite goal of mine for November. I've committed to at least 10 min. of exercise every day of Nov. I hope I can do it! The pizza sounds FAB!!! I love the idea of brisk Fall walks in the morning like that...just don't get that here.

Liz~ Girl, you are amazeballs! Size 12! I wish! GOOOOO YOU!! Be VERY proud of your accomplishments, 50lbs is NOTHING to sneeze at, that's flat out awesome!!!! That is my first long-term goal and I'm praying I make it sooner rather than later....Not when we're all in our 70's You're not alone, we are our own worst critics and I am notorious for messing with my own head and denying my accomplishments..I need to work on that! Enjoy your new size, it looks mahhhhvelous on you!
-------------

Slllloooooowwwly I'm creeping on down the scale! If I go by last Friday's stats to today's...I lost 2 lbs. I can't believe I am completing 6 weeks of carb cycling and I am totally in love still. Usually the honeymoon phase fades quickly and I get bored and start messing around with my plan to the point that I give up. Not the case so far and I am pretty proud of that fact! I am still a major work in progress, I still have the exercise thing to work in somehow into my day. I am committed though, I will figure it out! It's been the fastest and least painless 6 weeks of my life..I mean, I thought when I first found Atkins I was in heaven, (and don't get me wrong I LOVE Atkins) but this, this is absolutely the best of both worlds colliding and I am actually making it work. Every time I start to doubt myself or the plan, I can hear Chris Powell's voice, "trust me, trust the process"... so far so good!
Thanks so much it really does mean a lot. You will get there soon Danielle you have the right mind set to take you there!! You got this girlie!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Liz - way to go!

Thanks Monica!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
There is so much to read - I can't keep up!! Quick update - I lost 1 lb this week - YAY!

Dinner last night: I'll call it Beef w/Peapods soup. I cooked onions and diced round steak in the crockpot til tender with some low sodium beef broth and a dash of low sodium soy sauce, and a bit of garlic. Later I sauteed peapods & bok choy with soy sauce & ginger and added it to the crock pot and served right away. It was pretty good.

Tonight: I'm going to see if my husband would like to order Lou Malnatis pizza. They have a low carb version where the sausage is the crust and we would top it with veggies (spinach, red pepper, mushrooms, onions). I'm not sure if you are aware but Lou's is famous for their chicago-style deep dish pizza with a sausage LAYER as a topping...its a solid sausage patty! So this would be the reverse of that with no crust. I haven't had it in ages, and I'm hoping thats what we will do. Oh and they have a great house salad too...one of my faves.

I started walking this week, Monday and Tuesday. I got in a mile each day. I would have walked more, but I need to take it slow and also work is causing me to start early and end late, so I've pushed off the walking. I hope to get out there early tomorrow morning even though it's been 30 degrees in the morning. I'm good if I have earmuffs and gloves
Your meals sound good the low carb pizza sounds even better.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #385
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Liz! Mindset is everything and I really feel a difference this time around.... One foot in front of the other and I keep walking
Old 10-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Liz - Hi and YAY on the size 12's....I'm almost there as well. I'm hoping by January I can get into them!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Monica - yes she certainly loves her KU! My daughter and I visited Mizzou, we at first thought it was going to be the ONE, but she really connected with the journalism school and HTC at Ohio University in Athens, OH - so that's where she be!

Last edited by Stacy O; 10-25-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Old 10-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Hi ya'll!

Liz, Yay! Twelves! Good for you! Favorite pair now?

Danielle! Still going down?!?! Amazing!!!

Hello my other lovelies!

Cooked today! Yay me! Rah rah!

Finally broke out the Domestic Princess in me and par boiled ribs, stuck them in the oven with rib rub. In another dish I put the rest of the cabbage, meatballs and a can of diced tomatoes.

I had two ribs right away and then for dinner a plateful of cabbage/meatballs.

Ran into my freshman year crush at walmart on Wednesday in the customer service line. He stopped dead in his tracks while he was asking where the end of the line was. It was so cute, as the line was a mess with no order due to the store being in transition and things everywhere. lol funny.

we caught up about 23 years ago after he came back from college, but I was with the ogre then so we went our separate ways.

I can't believe he recognized me. I can't believe I recognized him. It took me a second as back in high school/college he had flaming red curly hair. Now, it has faded to a nice brown and it is short compared to his 80's curls. He has glasses too. It did not appear he gained any weight and he was still the 6'3 tall lanky puppy dog with the easy smile.

He asked me to go see a band with him last night, but I could not go. He is really into his music. He was in chorus and in all the plays in high school as was I. He also was lead drummer. He went on to Boston Conservatory and majored in music.

That was fun and what I liked best was that he said he thought it was me, but it could not be me as I looked as if I was in my 30's and not his age. Repaired my ego a bit so I was glad to run into him.

Went to the CT Trolley Museum last night with dd and her friend. It was scarier than ever. I did not like it this year. It was too frightful and the actors were getting too good at being scary so I was really anxious and it just seemed to go on forever and ever.

You board an old trolley and a happy monster or dead person gets on and tells you they are actors and not to be afraid and blah blah blah; this is for the little kids.

Anyway, the trolley goes down the tracks and then all the lights go off. The conductor then pretends there is trouble with the trolley and gets out, but the monsters and zombies are outside and they kill him and subsequently board the train chasing a woman and terrorizing the passengers (us). They get right in your face and sit down next to you if you are only one person sitting in the seat. They will get right in your face and scream.

Then the conductor comes back to life and chases them out of the train and they chain saw a woman apart (which is really a manikin - sp ) and her limbs are bloody and they throw it against the trolley. AND the monsters and zombies carry torches outside which are so hot you can feel the heat against the trolley windows and smell the gas.

So, then the we go up the tracks again and the trolley stops and the conductor makes us get off as we don't have a round trip ticket so we have to take the path back.

However, you have to walk through a graveyard and the spooks are out there with play guns, leaf blowers, fake chainsaws, ect.

It is totally dark except for bonfires and torches. It is a maze that you have to go through.

I think the scariest part for me was the mini corn maze they panted which you had to walk through. There were strobe lights hanging above and I felt as if I were drugged walking through the strobe and zombies jumping out through the corn.

All sorts of weirdness with tents you had to go into with a green cone light and fog machines. Weird.

It took 1.5 hours or so. I don't think I'll go next year as it was too realistic and not pumpkin cozy cute anymore.

Now off to bed. The only excitement today was that I got a skirt zipped up. I love this skirt. It is brown tween but has teal and silver in the weave. I still have a belly pouch so I cannot wear it yet, but it zipped so easy! I think spanx would solve the former. LOL

No weight lost though....
Old 10-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

Maureen, not going down at the moment...more like bouncing But, that's how TOM does it's thing and I'm ok with it... for now.
I don't do haunted houses, etc. I used to love that stuff when i was a teenager, but in my old age I am the queen of klutz and don't trust myself in that setting We have a couple here that the kids love to go to...more power to 'em..not me. I'll do scary movies all day long, but I refuse to be part of one
Glad you survived!

Pushing for 2gals of water today...must get the bloat off..I'm determined to see 239 before the end of this month!
Old 10-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
So I had my first non scale victory (NSV) today I fit into a size 12 pants! From a size 18 to 12. For the first time since I started this I actually feel like I have accomplished something and I am starting to feel better about myself. Looking at myself this way is very hard, for some reason. I have a hard time feeling good about myself. SO I am excited to say that I feel good about myself and all the work that I have put into losing the 50 lbs. Am I the only one who does this to them selves?? Anyone else feel this way to until something finally makes you see how far you have come?
WTG Liz!!

No, you're sure NOT the only one who does this to themselves. It's just hard to see the day to day progress when you're living inside your own skin.

I've been on a little tiny business vacation with my son this weekend - we went back to the place in Washington where we lived before we moved down to the coast 3 years ago. I realized at some point that anyone who knew me then would probably not recognize me, as I am 70 pounds lighter than they've ever seen me. I actually gained 25 pounds back from where I was last year, so all I see is that I'm 25 pounds heavier than last year (well, less than that, because I've lost 10 pounds during this challenge!) but that 25 pounds is not the whole story.

Danielle, I'm picturing Chris Powell whispering "trust the process" in your ear now. Rock on, you rock star you!!

Maureen, cute musician dude asked you out? Awesomesauce!! He sounds adorable.

I'm with you on the scary train ride - count me out. I'm more the pumpkin spice latte and hay ride sort of Halloween celebrator. Although...the Muffin is going trick or treating this year in his rather low-key Transformers costume. We'll see how that goes, since he *hates* candy. I guess he can give it away.

Me... I went on aforementioned mini-vacation and absolutely adhered to my 500/2000 rotations. The fast food restaurants (Gavin likes those, sigh) make it really easy to do that now with calorie counts right on the menus! I pitched out 9/10 of a delicious chocolate shake without batting an eye!

For the first time *ever* I can actually see how this will work for the rest of my life. The WOE was not a burden; it was actually a touchstone from home and a comforting way to take good care of myself.

Life is good, no?

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Closed Thread