Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
In other, other news: I just passed 32k words worth of vampires yesterday, and invented a new science - sociohematology. You heard it here first.
OH MY! I can't wait to read it!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #332

OK works is insanely busy for me !

Hello to all!

Lynne, thrilled your IEP meeting rocked.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Lynne~ hooray for a fantastic meeting! Yes, very good luck, go you! thank god it was on your hat
Love the progress on the new book, I cannot wait to read it!!!!

Tami~ awwwww puppies! Hope it was worth getting up that early for!

Laura~ the grocery is all yours, I hate it.

Maureen~ you're doing incredibly well, so proud of you!!
-----------------

DD17 came home sick an hour after class started... She thinks she's been glutened. It was either the food from Cheesecake Factory that was "supposed" to be off the GF menu OR it was from spending an evening washing dishes with all GF foods at a volunteer event she did.. at any rate, she came home and went right to bed..she's been there for a few hours now, poor kid.

Scale is sitting in the same spot..not complaining..praying it's just getting ready for a big ole whoosh at some point. TOM is lurking so that's part of it I'm sure

Oh, and Tami, DD19 STILL hasn't really moved out yet. She packed maybe 4 boxes yesterday and then left again. I don't think she really wants to, but we shall see..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Tami - enjoy the puppy show; sounds like fun!

Monica - it took me forever to realize you are in Kansas, and you just mentioned Lawrence. I used to be a big fan of Waxman Candles; there is a shop over here in Chicago too. I haven't bought candles there in a long time.

Dinner tonight: One dish diced chicken and broccoli florets - pan fried
Old 10-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #335
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lovestoxicity
Stats: 194.4/154.5/120
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: August 2013
Can we still join this challenge??
Old 10-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
I don't get the vampy thing; can you rephrase it for me? Did you write a book? Good luck to Gavin over the next few weeks. Excited to see all the wonderful things that are available to him.

Monica-1: Hi there, darlin. Where have you been over the weekend. I missed your spunk.

Tami, how are the pups?

Danielle, how is the water going? I don't meant to laugh but "gluttened?" LOL you are a character! That is so funny, but only the image in my head of some stun gun taser and a cartoon with words in a bubble. How is she now?

Ahhh, how are you feeling about DD19 packing up boxes?

My dd22 was here when I came home from work. She just had a job interview as a para at a school in MA for kids with autism. She is a psychology major and wants to work in a school environment with special needs kids. She will be going back for her masters. She is a good girl. I hope she gets the job for both her growth and then for my own selfish reasons. I want her to NOT work weekends so I can see her.

City, of course you can join us.

I was bad today. I need to go to the grocery store. Maybe I can con Laura into going for me since she loves it so much. There is NO food or shall I restate to say "very little".

No breakfast today and by lunch I was hungry and all I had in my desk was almond butter. I had no gas in my car and the light was on so my car was hungry too. I did not feel like going to the gas station at lunch and suffer through another bk patty with cheese and pickles. Almond butter it was.

Then, when I got home, I had homemade tomato soup, what was left of it.

I did take out hamburg so I can whip up something in the morning to take to work with me. I had to stop at the gas station on the way home too.

I'm just hungry. I learned my lesson with the quest bars. I cannot eat them. They make me crave carbs and sugars. I was able to smell coffee creamer in someone's coffee all the way on the other side of the room. My questions to them about what they put in their coffee had everyone in fear of my new super powers.

No more quest bats. They affected me like cryptonight.(sp) I feel bloated too. However, the protein power helped my muscles and I have no pain in them.

No drama. Life is quiet which means I can go back to watching once upon a time. Yay.

I need to eat more tonight as I'm super tired from not having proper nourishment. I don't do so well when I have nothing to work with and I'm just too darn lazy to go the grocery store as I hate it that much.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Maureen you need me there to a) go shopping and b) do my super power! Make something from nothing. My first husband said I could make a meal form anything. There would be almost nothing left in the fridge or cupboard yet I could make a meal that they would want me to make again. Not alway easy cuz I'm bad about writing down what I did. I'm gettin better about it for the blog and the recipes I'm working on I have pieces of printer paper everywhere with recipes and notes on them The gals on my other challenge think I should write a cookbook, I'm thinking about it but it'll be a lot of work. Oh and the soup SUPER SUPER SUPER

lovestoxicity we would love to have you.

Danielle DD19 is 19 she doesn't know what she wants and it changes every few minutes. Ah the joys of being 19 again.. NOT!!!!! Poor DD17 what an awful thing.

zipp2play yeah weird, but organized!!! I just really love food!

Lynne glad Gavin's meeting went so smoothly, I've done one and it wasn't smooth at all... they just wanted my kid on drugs during the school day... I TOLD THEM F that! That is a quote!
Old 10-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Laura,

Can't you use your super powers to just zap over groceries? Gessh. lol Another challenge? You're cheating on us?

I have to go to the store tonight. Have to! I had popcorn as I was so hungry and stopped there. I'm a horrible horrible woman. I've been so strong since 5/13 with only a few exceptions, but I need to go tonight!

I'm feeling so unorganized, even with my wardrobe. Clients are coming into our room today to shadow. I am going to wear a black skirts with rows of different color blue embroidery at the hem. I bought this at the loft when I was at my atkins lowest and fit into it again. A blue gap cardigan which matches one of the blues in a skirt and a black sleeveless knit top. Old clothes. Blah. It works.

Ok, off I go.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #339
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grubchow
Stats: 216/195/155, 5'5"F
WOE: no sugar, very little grains
Start Date: restart Aug 2011
Hello-
Just wanted to stop in and say hello! In-laws are gone, and I'm *back* to my pre-in-law weight. Mostly water weight, for a few too many carbs for in-law stress and my kids birthday party.

Yesterday and Monday I was able to stay on plan, which right now is very low carb (less than 50 total carbs) until Nov 1, when I have a "carb load." All you folks talking about water have inspired me, I'm going to try for 2 gallons today and stick close to the restroom! I'll catch up on the other posts soon. Have a great day!!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Tami - enjoy the puppy show; sounds like fun!

Monica - it took me forever to realize you are in Kansas, and you just mentioned Lawrence. I used to be a big fan of Waxman Candles; there is a shop over here in Chicago too. I haven't bought candles there in a long time.
OH indeed. Waxman is a DOWN TOWN staple! They allow the daycares to tour the facility, my kids both LOVED that! I am born / raised in MO, always said I would get out, go places, do things......never did I dream back then it meant to KANSAS!!!!!! it's nice. WE love Lawrence. The only thing that would get us to move is if the kids both moved elsewhere!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:08 AM   #341

Grubchow - way to survive! You did GREAT
Old 10-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #342

Quote:
Monica-1: Hi there, darlin. Where have you been over the weekend. I missed your spunk.
WORK has been INSANE! Yesterday I worked till 7:45 p.m. I am really having a hard time with it. We are super super busy. That's really good, but means long hours for me. Plus we are down 1 person and my boss thinks, at this time, no need to hire! Not sure what's up with that. Weekend was good. I had a headache Saturday, so I watched a lot of TV and movies with DD12. Sunday we visited the inlaws!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoxicity View Post
Can we still join this challenge??
YES YOU CAN!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #344

had a great DD yesterday. was hoping for a 16X, but was not meant to be 171 this a.m. Such is!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Maureen, I sometimes have the same problem with the Quest bars, but I recently found that if I reserve them for my 'nightime' snack for when its that crazy time of the month which is when I have RAGING cravings for chocolate & sweets, it seems to do the trick and I'm off to bed shortly thereafter and no harm done. I do this with the Atkins Endulgence bars too. I just like the Quest bars sometimes becuase they are seriously chewy and I love that.

If I eat a Quest Bar earlier in the day - forget it, then I will want another one soon after or will crave things that I shouldn't have.

Monica - that is so cool about the tour. One day I will go there and check it out.

Dinner tonight: I'm either eating leftovers or I'm taking DD16 out in between her 2 dance classes tonight, so it would either be gyros & salad, or a bunless double cheeseburger.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Quest bars.. I had 2 yesterday Thankfully the scale actually moved down! For whatever reason I was having a major case of the hungries yesterday, by 7pm after dinner I was still hungry so I opted for one to quiet things..it did the trick. I won't be doing that often, it freaked me out to think I'd had 2

loves toxicity Great group here, hope you'll jump in!

DD17 feeling better today. She keeps me on my toes! Now, if I could just get her to eat more I'd be a really happy mom...she's so frustrating! What kid doesn't like chocolate milk?! I say this because our biggest issue right now is her weight STILL... Dr. flat out said, I don't care if she consumes a giant glass of chocolate milk everyday as long as she's getting that fat in. She's so friggin picky and I'm getting nervous for her check up in a few weeks!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

Maureen, yes, I'm working on writing a vampire novel. Sorry for the lack of explanation.

Laura, yay, a cookbook!! If you had a food network show, what would you call it?

Monica I, sorry about work being insane and not enough help. I hope your company is doing okay; am I reading too much into the boss not finding it necessary to hire somebody new right now?

Grub, WTG on the in-law visit!!

to Love!! It's never too late to join.

Danielle, Whoosh fairy has been at my house, but she'll be along shortly. You're doing so great! I'm sorry to keep repeating myself, but it makes my heart happy that you've found a plan that agrees with you.

Stacy, the gyros and salad sounds yummmmmy!!

Starr, that's what I (used to) do for chocolate, too - except I used peanut butter for texture. CO makes the best chocolate candy, I think!!

Tami, and WTG on the walking!!

Me... I am happy to report that this is the first month I've been able to have treats in individual portions just sitting on my shelves and have been able to leave them alone except when appropriate!! Major, major victory for me!!

Down two more pounds this week.

I went to the JUDDD calculator yesterday and discovered that I can continue with 500/2000 as long as I want (even as I approach goal weight) and still continue to lose weight; also that I can maintain with 1000/2000 at goal weight. That's the good news, because it's very comfortable. The catch is that in order to do that, I will need to *increase my exercise* as I lose weight. Now, I can lose weight at "little to no exercise" level. At goal weight, I'll have to be at "moderate exercise 3-5x a week" level. I'd rather increase my exercise than decrease my calories... which defines the limit of my laziness, I guess.

Which would you rather do, if you had to choose: increase your exercise, or decrease your calories?

Happy hump day!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #348

Stacy - did you used to live in Lawrence?

Danielle - Add me to the picky list, I have never drank chocolate milk. Heck, I am also not a fan of white milk, but for me chocolate milk is even worse. I know, it makes no sense, I love Chocolate.

Lynne - you are doing so great. KEEP IT UP! I am so proud of you!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #349

I would rather move more to eat more!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Lynne~ Thank You! I really do like what I'm doing and I sometimes forget that I'm actually losing weight in the process
Congrat's on the loss, that is fantastic!! Yep, move more, eat more

Monica~ DD loves chocolate too so go figure! I love chocolate milk... crazy kid of mine. Contemplating some coconut bark but not sure her tum can handle it It's always something, huh? She needs to up her calories drastically, we still have lots of work to do.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Oh boy,

Ya'll posted so much today. Monica-1, ya made up for lost time there, chica. Hope your headache is better, but you left out what you actually watched on TV during rest time! =) Yep, chocolate milk is a freak of nature. I don't like it either and I love milk and I love chocolate (sometimes).

Lynn, oh yay. I'll be waiting for the novel to come out and then will wait for the dvd. LOL Good job. Can't wait. Yay, on the weight loss! whoott!

Stacy, thanks. I am not crazy then with the Quest bars. I can't have them! Omg. I did so well, but now I want junk.

Danielle, Glad dd is feeling better. And look at you whooshing! Whoot. Kudos!

Who did I miss. Where is Laura? I need to know what she had for dinner and that I had to fetch my own damn groceries as she did not zap em over here with her super powers.

Ok, work was insane. Clients came in. Then, I think a handful of the boys went to the Red Sox game as one of the partners was dressed down and his para boys were missing after 3. A mystery.

Anyway, I want to wash my eyeballs out. Heat is on at work now so the dust is pushing its way down the vents. Yuck. People are sneezing...left and right.

After work, went straight to the butcher. Nobody was there. Not a lot of produce to choose from, but I did get Brussel sprouts.

AND.....the super sweet guy behind the counter made me my favorite (just for me). They do this special for me. They actually make it, but usually don't sell it, but I saw it in the case once when they had too much of it and they had it for sale and I don't see it hardly ever anymore, so they make it for me, special.

It is bacon and cheese mixed together in a deli container. Two types of shredded cheese and the thick bacon chopped. Love it!

Anyway, I always feel so lucky when they do that just for me. awwww

Then I picked up two big packages of wings and some wing sauce. This is for our party at work on Friday. We make lunch once a month and everyone brings something.

Then, I bought some chicken drummies as well as country ribs. A block of cheese and eggs and some low carb condiments and sauces.

Now, the bacon/cheese mixture is great for salads for me. I just grab bagged lettuce, throw it in a bowel, add some of the mixture and black olives and whatever and call it done. Easy and it keeps me on plan. I've not been domestic lately with cooking.

Clients are back in tomorrow so I have to figure out something to wear.

Oh, and I had my yearly generator lesson from my dad tonight with a mock outage. Which means, pulling that heavy blasted thing around to its special spot, hooking up the plugs, pulling the choke and getting started out of my skin when the thing turns on IN the dark with only flash lights. Ugh. And my daughter thinks I'm a pain in the neck making sure she knows how to take care of herself? He is way worse than I will ever be making me drive backwards in figures 8's before I could ever get my license. He probably saved my life a million times with the skills me made me learn as I was a wild child.

Ok, now I can go eat and watch Once Upon a time.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Uh....I was typing while the red cross lady was yacking on the phone. I asked her three questions and I was typing the post all up by the time she finished. LOL could I have said just for me anymore times with the bacon? LOL LOL LOL

Ok, now I have my vampire meeting scheduled. I keep complaining to them they don't have hours that I need or places near me and I have to travel to get there. I must have complained so much they called me and said Maureen 8am. LOL I am huge on blood donation due to saving lives. Plus, they take my blood pressure. lol lol lol My little dd can take my blood pressure too (I made her take an EMT class) so I don't know why I get such a kick out of it. LOL I know, I am a nut.

Ok, back to the looney bin I go.....
Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Maureen I'm here. Had Beef and Broccoli with mock fried "rice" for breakfast yesterday. It was super If you like the bacon and cheese mix, MtherGoos does a mix of smashed avocado, crumbles bacon, mayo, and shredded cheese that is out of this world yummy and gets yer fat in.

Oh so ya know tonight's dinner is cube steak with cream of mushroom soup that have been in the crock pot all day.

Last edited by LauraDavis; 10-23-2013 at 05:48 PM..
Old 10-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne I have no clue I can't even think of a name for the cookbook... grrrrr all that comes to mind is low carb and loving it. On the weight loss and exercise issue, I guess I'd rather exercise more also. Right now I don't at all and I know I'll need to when I get closer to goal. I just figure I'll worry about it later.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Monica, no I'm a Chicago native...been here my whole life. A friend of mine turned me on to Waxman in Chicago; she used to work nearby and would pick me up some votives that I absolutely loved. I don't get to go there very often, so i had learned from ordering on their website that they are based in Lawrence. Another friend of mine went to KU and saw my stash of candles and said ''when did you go to Lawrence?" lol! I never did; she didn't know there was a chicago store and that you could order online
Old 10-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle would your DD17 eat the avocado mixture I was telling Maureen about? Glad she's feeling better!

Monica we're down a person too and it doesn't seem like they are trying to hire anyone! Why would they 2 people and getting the job done just fine so why hire a 3rd back. Yet my job doesn't get done and at the end of the month they freak out! This month will be ok because they did a whole plant physical inventory so no monthly or quarterly cycle count is needed but next month they will be right back to freaking out.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Finally, I am full! After days! Full.

I made hamburg with rib rub (rolls eyes) and cabbage. Sounds horrible, right? BUT, I love cabbage. Boiled, then buttered with a bit of cheese and bacon. Fresh grated salt and pepper.

Evidently I am a peasant at heart. I am just glad I'm full and not foraging for food.

Laura, I tried to google that with Mother Goose as well. I ended up at a site where the avocados are happy. Help?

Lucky you and riced caluli. I never get that far as I eat it as is. It just does not last until I get to rice it. I boiled it, mash it, make pizza out of it, fry it like potatoes or make a bake. I'm going to buy three heads next time so I have enough. Even my kids eat it.

Ok, bottom of the second and three runs for Boston.... I'm bouncing all over between web pages, Once upon a time and looking for the scores. I need to take up knitting or get married week nights are pretty boring. I think knitting would be easier. LOL
Old 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

She's on my October Challenge! thread here... she's a real sweetie.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Oh!!! She is a real person, not a brand! I was looking for a frozen product on the web and where I could buy it! Blonde moment there....... for me....
Old 10-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

I'm mostly a make it kinda girl. Oh the spinach dip from fresh spinach the other night... need to hurry up and get more spinach! Was divine! Had it on colby jack cheese chips.
Closed Thread