Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Haha... typically no one moves fast enough that you would be trampled, silly! Wish you lived closer so I could drag you with us I love all things creepy & scary, but I've never done a corn maze at night and that even has me a little concerned. Children of the Corn scared the bejeebus out of me! Maybe we should watch it before we go? LOL Nah... don't think so!

I'm almost to 1/2 gallon aka almost 2 liters gone. I usually do about 3 liters a day, so not too far off a gallon. I'm cold, though, and would rather have coffee. It's only 77 degrees here right now. Yes, I know that is summer weather for some folks. Brrrr. Maybe I should take my water out in the sun. It was not cold while I was walking, which btw, made 5 of 5 'workouts' for the week

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Tami the maze sounds fun. I'm sure there is one around here but no one to go with. Maybe I'll have to call the gal I used to work with.

Danielle don't know who much I drink as far as gallon(s). I know I drink 4-5 liters from the soda stream with water enhancer in it and a 64 oz fountain soda.

Monica I that lil bit extra will be gone in no time. I love the grocery store. I have a list on my kindle that's organized how the store is set up. I go to like 3 - 4 stores on friday. I know I'm weird, I just love food and anything to do with food.

So yesterday before I went to bed and then when I got up I tried on all my pants in the closet, got rid of the ones I could just pull off without unbuttoning. Then went shopping in my closet in the 2 big piles on the shelf above the bar in my closet. I got the piles down to one 2 feet tall pile. I fit into my favorite pair of capris ever! So now I have clothes that fit again and I can wear a size 14 ... all the 14's not just some of them. Now the only pile left is size 12 so it's time to start collecting 12's and 10's. I did get 2 pair of pants at the thrift store, one pair is Christopher Banks... love them! Then donated 2 bags of stuff back to the store.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
MORNING!

Tami! Yes, Yay for the 3.95 half chicken. It had so much meat on it. I never thought of Chinese Food for Atkins. First, I typically do not like Chinese Food so it never crosses my mind anyway. But, this was more like regular American Food and for that little money? I'll be doing that more often. I only budget $20 for the work week and that includes if I'll be going out at night with friends if dd is with her dad. That includes coffee as well.

I took a new route to work as traffic has been out of control on the highway and I get bored. So, I drove up the hill into cow country, then hit the route that leads to the little connector highway which dumps me off past the bad traffic spots. I shave off 12 minutes, BUT there is nothing out there but Seven Eleven. I had to stop for gas once, and went in and saw the very very clean coffee bar. The guy told me he would order sugar free syrup. Another place now that I can stop for 99 cent coffee.

We just discovered Cumberland Farms through my cousin. Ok, I love it now. Why? Because they have a flavored syrup dispenser with many flavors and they are all sugar free. Coconut, Amaretto, Vanilla, and more! 99 CENTS!

DD just likes it because she can get her milkshakes and mix them herself.

Anyway, all this from thinking about the Chinese Chicken. Ok! Moving on.

Lynne, Skinny jeans! Go you! I can't wait until I can wear skinny jeans! 180! I am so jeali!!! Way to go! I can't wait to get there!

Danielle? Two gallons a day? Oh wow. I need to drink more water. I barely drink any! Your skin must be flawless! If I could just think of water as a beauty remedy rather than a chore then I'd be a glowing beauty! My makeup would go on better and be flawless! PLUS it would be less expensive. Can you imagine drinking barely anything and having such dry skin and trying to smear makeup on! I have to use 3x more than I should as it just soaks in, and the effort it takes to smear it around? Like playing in mud! Gosh, I sound like a goon now.

Plus, water makes you go potty. I just hate going potty at work with all the phantom poopers. For such a professional environment these women are slobs. Dive bars have cleaner bathrooms in my opinion!

Monica-2 Welcome!!!!

Laura,

Yay!!!! So excited for you! Your favorite capris What are they like? I love clothes! Awesome that all 14 fit you!!! Doesn't feel better when you have more clothes in your closet that fits you? I still don't know where you get all your energy to do all you do!!!

Well, yesterday I was MIA as DD needed a mental health day. Let us say she was out of her tree. I don't like weird at all. I guess being a product of divorce there is going to be weird and being a hormonal girl during that time there may be even more weird. Uh, horrible. I should have known with all that car screaming I was doomed this weekend.

So, we hung out on my bed all day. She likes my bed better than her bed. I was watching once a upon a time and she was watching something on her chrome book - something about zombies which is maybe where she gets the weird from, but I digress. She slept most of the day and that was a pretty good indicator she really was not feeling well. She demanded a real dinner too. Her dad does not feed her like I do so she gets highly irate when I do the fast track mom thing. Baked ziti and salad (dreamfield).

I have to do laundry today and I must get my clothes ready for this upcoming week and make outfits so I'm not stressed every morning.

I did not take DD to Olive Garden on Thursday as planned. We may go today instead. She ended up going to Mcd's with her friend's mom and that was the end of that. My brother gave me some gift cards for my birthday in August and I've not used them yet. Something always gets in the way. lol

Scoured the groupons this morning. Should I not use up all my meager $20 I'll throw it into my clothes, makeup or entertainment budget. There is $12 left thanks to the 3.95 chickens so I bought a groupon for an upscale pizza restaurant here in town. I really wanted to cute little French place in West Hartford, but they were sold out. I keep missing out on that one. Oh well, this will be nicer and less crowded. Different atmosphere. A nice Saturday dinner out. Now I have to plan something on the other side of or even into MA and come back through town stopping on our way. Maybe Sturbridge village at Christmas time should I find a coupon for admission would be fun little trip.

Ok, dd is texting me from the next room wanting to know what we're going to do today.

LOL

First up, food. I don't know what I want..... I'll figure it out.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I did not even have to think about the food!!!

DD did it for me! Here I was typing away oblivious and she was slaving away! She made me double decker over easy eggs with cheese and the most perfect bacon.

I'm ready to cry! It was so sweet!

The eggs were perfect!!! She put one down, layered it with cheese, and put the other on top and sprinkled cheese and on the side she made bacon the way I like it!

She was complaining about the bacon as she is spoiled with food by me, but I find that so cute! I usually go to the Butcher and buy thick thick large pieces of bacon when it is on sale and freeze it. Today, there was just grocery store bacon and it in no way compares!

Oh, and then when I go to the country butcher sometimes I buy the bacon ends and cut those up and saute them for other dishes she is in heaven. She loves bacon! But, the bacon ends are more expensive than I like so I don't get them as often as she would wish and I'd rather buy other things than a little package of bacon ends for $7. I'll have to figure out how to make bacon gravy low carb and then around Thanksgiving and Christmas she will be in HEAVEN!

Time to quit yacking now....I made up for yesterday I think....
Old 10-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post
For such a professional environment these women are slobs.
OMG, I can TOTALLY relate to that; I'm amazed with what I've witnessed in my time at my last office. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that currently!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

I've not been creative with dinners this month; work is so busy, it drains me toward my house & home. I'm hoping this weekend I get a surge of domestic energy, so I'll let you know what I make when I figure it out.

I forgot to weigh in this morning, but I feel great that I'm still in my one size smaller jeans. and they arent tight.

Husband and I went out last night on a date. We both had a bunless cheeseburger with grilled onions and he had steamed veggies, I had a side salad. Then we took a walk outside, and then went to Cheesecake Factory for a slice of the "low carb" cheesecake and coffee. I realize this wasn't Induction friendly and probably more carbs than I should have had, but it sure was fun!

Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Wait, what???? What???? NO?!?! Really? Really?!?!?!

Cheesecake factory has low carb cheesecake and nobody ever told me?!?!?!?! I'm so giddy now!!!

Your dh is on low carb too???? Awesome for you to have someone to share it with you!!

Omg, I'm still not ready for the day. This mud mask I've on is starting to landslide. I've not had such a lazy Saturday since the winter shut in from the storm and had to wait for the plow guy to plow out the 5 foot drift blocking the driveway.....

Ok...I'm going....
Old 10-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Monica11
Everyone have a great day!!!

Well I finally weighed myself this a.m and after my fun wk end last wk I stayed the same but didn't gain anyway!! I have been walking a lot and see everyone talking about water!! I always pour out 70 oz of water every morning and try to finish it by bedtime!! Seems make me feel better if I drink 12 oz when I first wake up!!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Morning girls... well, ok, it's still morning here. I've got another hour or so

Sounds like the R&R day with DD was exactly what she needed, Maureen. Love that she was up making breakfast for you this morning. Hormonal roller coaster, indeed, but you just gotta love them. I try to remember that it's harder on them than it is on us, but that's really difficult to see sometimes

Stacy, your date night sounds awesome. It's been a long time since I've had their sugar free cheesecake. YUM!

Wendy, sounds like a win to me. Great job with the walking & the water!

Got those 4 liters in yesterday, but I had to push a little bit last night which had me up in the middle of the night, but it's not a huge deal. Told myself I'd start earlier today, but it's nearly 11am & I'm *almost* done with one liter... yeah, need to pick that up a bit. It's weird having hubs rambling around the house this morning. He's a total workaholic and we've never been homebodies so him being home sick is just weird! I made a nice breakfast for us & we've played a few games of darts. Now he's watching Hell on Wheels, a series I never got into, and I'm playing on the computer. Still unsure if we'll make it out to the maze tonight. We'll see.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 10-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Maureen my capris have metal studs that look aged detal around the pocket openings and around the cuff. They are just so cute.

Teenagers good thing we have to love them, also helps that they were so cute before they became teenagers. It's such a rough time to get through. I slightly remember it and no one understood me and I didn't want them too.

Stacy glad you had a good time. I'm just still waiting for my guy to get here. We're one step closer, the car got fixed yesterday. He still has to go to Memphis before he comes here.

Wendy that's great news, no gain is always great news. you guys impress me with drinking so much water. I have to add enhancers to get my water down.

Tami here's hoping your DH feels better and that you get to the corn maze.

Tonight dinner chicken taco soup. Using the leftover salsa chicken as the base. I have chicken stock cooling on the stove so soup should be super yummy. Then after food is on to simmer I have to put up my spice rack. Ok so I have a spice rack that is on steroids. Problem is it's not big enough. Plus I have one on the counter too. Never enough room.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 031.jpg (33.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #311
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Maureen~ So glad that you had a great day with DD. Teenagers.....don't ever try and figure 'em out, you'll go nuts! Just gotta roll with it!
Uh, yeah,....my rule is I don't do public restrooms unless it's absolute dire emergency and even then, I hover
Water is something I just naturally like so it's easy to get it all in every day. I have been blessed w/ my grandma's skin--at 88 her skin is flawless and very very few wrinkles... I'm just glad all of my kids got my skin too!

Stacy~ love love love Cheesecake Factory...and love that cheesecake!

Tami~ no, you don't eve know!....I am the one who can trip over her own 2 feet just walking down the street w/ nothing in the way...throw in the dark, scary monsters, and a crowd.... DH has had to learn to live with this little trait of mine...20 years later and I *think* he's about used to it.

Wendy~
it's always a good week when you can stay the same and have had some fun along the way! You did great!

Laura~ I need one of those spice racks! ....altho' I'm not quite sure where I'd put it! I just know that the cupboard that I have to use, sucks rocks! Enjoy the soup

Just got back from the movies. Aside from the huge coughing fit that I had to run out into the lobby for, it was a fun afternoon!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day!!!!

Danielle, so jeali over your skin! I have to be super careful.

Laura, that is a big spice rack and I see you have some goodies in there too from that awesome catalog that I avoid, name not to be named. LOL

Tami, lol it sounds so funny to hear you speak of the maze. Like it is a prison. I'm getting such a kick out of it!

DD and I went driving again today. We ended up in a little town that is out of a movie. Dark, dismal and an old factory town. It has the ability to be adorable, but I picture all sorts of goons out there lurking under bridges and shadows. In the center of town there was an amazing rock patio park place. Too beautiful. However, right next to it the graffiti ran rampant like weeds crawling up the cement and the building was condemned.

DD was a bit spooked so we went to get gas at the cumbies and we saw a woman I worked with and her voice was so accusatory "WHAT are you doing HERE!" like I was so out of my elemental. I told her we just followed the two yellow lines on the road and as long as I had money and two yellow lines on the road I'd be just fine because of course 1 yellow line is not good and no money is not good either as I'd need gas to get home. That was a weird conversation and dd looked at me in the car and said "that was awkies" and I suppose it was.

After that, she and I went to pick pumpkins. There was a dj at the pumpkin patch and a checker board that used white pumpkins for one side and orange pumpkins for the other. DD and I played checkers with the pumpkins. That was worth the drive.

Then for dinner we went to buffalo wild wings and split 20 wings. I've never been there except for when a previous bf ordered takeout. Did you know they don't give you plates? Or flatware unless you ask? Ok, so dd thinks I'm strange for not eating wings with my hands, but I cannot. I feel like a beast. Yes, I am quite finicky at times.

So, we went to the mall after to see dd22 at Panera and my crazy cousin met us there as it is half way for both of us. I had coffee and she had dinner.

BUT, ladies....I went to GNC and bought some quest bars! I bought four and there was buy three get one free. ok, so I bought 3.

I do not like the vanilla almond. Good snack, but I'd not choose it as a favorite. We have three others to try.

Ok, have a good night, I'm too tired to type...so I'm going to go watch once upon a time on net flicks....
Old 10-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Well I went walking this afternoon and did my exercises the physical therapist gave me. She is awesome and they seem to be helping!! It's a good thing I have until Christmas as this month hasn't been great for the scale going down and staying down!!
All in all I just feel so much better I can't complain !!
I hope everyone had a good wk end!!! Next Friday I am going on a trip with DD and her husband to visit other DD and her family as it is my grandsons first birthday the following wk!! So excited and want to look my best!!!
I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

I must be in a soup mood with the weather getting cooler. Tonight it was broccoli and Cheddar soup. OMG super . I could have eaten the whole pot of it if I didn't have to take some to work for my co-worker.

The grandson's B-Day sound like yer gonna have a great time!

Maureenl I used to be a consultant for the unnamed catalog. So I have had tons of their stuff, most of which I can't eat anymore cuz it all has sugar in it.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:14 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Wendy!

Good, you have goals this week. You can do it! First Birthday? Awwww, so cute. You're going to be the best looking grandma.

Laura! You were a consultant? Nice; I do love their products and pretty packaging. I had to throw out some due to the sugar. I did keep the chili and the season salt and two others. I love the season salt and that is my favorite! The soup sounds really good. I have some broccoli. Care to share your recipe? Did you wear your capris yet?

Yesterday, I broke down. I don't know what my problem was. I had a bag of popcorn and had a slice of pumpkin cake. I had it set in my head I was going to the movies all week to get a small popcorn and that is all I could think about. DD did not want to go so there went my small popcorn. So, I had it at home while watching Once Upon a time.

THEN, dd had to make a cake and take pictures of the process for bake shop and she did an amazing job. I had a little slice of that. Now, should I have the resolve I have now, I'd not be fat. I don't know what my problem was back in the day as I'd inhale the whole cake. Now, I can have a little piece and be done with it. Moderation.

She made a pumpkin cake as she had to make something other than what they baked in class. She is a really good baker.

I made her learn fractions under the guise of cookie and cake baking when she was little and now she is a fierce little baker. Plus, I took her to cake decorating class to learn even more so she can actually make her items look pretty.

Anyway, the cake was good, but not enough to whip me right off plan.

I don't fee very pretty this weekend. I feel lumpy like a pile of potatoes.

I did have a salad for breakfast, an egg for snack, a quest bar, popcorn and the cake and then another salad. Salad was bacon, lettuce, two tablespoons of cheese, a few black olives, oil and sea salt. Nothing too exciting, but a good little induction salad. So, I did not go off like a mad woman and I kept myself in check and got back on plan. I really wanted poptarts, potato chips and chocolate.

It is 6:10 and I need to get off the computer..... I have to be all gussied up today due to the clients. I still don't know what to wear. It is so hot in the office and I boil over and with Atkins, I get more hot and icky and I hate that so I'm always uncomfortable. Then I have to turn my fan on and that ruins my hair and it is a horrible cycle and I feel like Medusa.

Last edited by Maureenlw; 10-21-2013 at 04:15 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 05:25 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

I post most my recipes either here at my blog ......My low carb journey and love of food or here at ....https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/l...n-buddy-5.html
Maureen you should have her make you some pumpkin bake it is super yummy, it tastes like pumpkin pie!

Boccoli & Cheddar Soup
Makes about 4 - 5 servings
1/4 cup melted butter + 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
12 oz bunch broccoli, cut into florets
1 small onion, diced
1 medium carrot, julienned
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups vegetable broth, more if you want it thinner but I think it's plenty thin
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
sea salt to taste

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Boil broccoli florets for 2 - 3 minutes. Drain; put in cold water, when cold drain and set aside. Saute onions and carrots in the 2 tablespoons of butter until the veggies are soft but still have body. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the 1/4 cup melted butter to your pan, add in the flour, stirring constantly for a few minutes. Slowly pour in heavy whipping cream and vegetable broth while whisking. Add in nutmeg and stir. Simmer over medium-low for 20 minutes. Add in veggies and vegetable broth if you think you need it. Stir simmer for another 20 - 25 minutes. Use a potato masher to make the florets the right size. Add in half of the cheddar cheese. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Serve with additional cheddar cheese.

Last edited by LauraDavis; 10-21-2013 at 05:34 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #317
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Monica I that lil bit extra will be gone in no time. I love the grocery store. I have a list on my kindle that's organized how the store is set up. I go to like 3 - 4 stores on friday. I know I'm weird, I just love food and anything to do with food.
OH MY, you are way too organized for me!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #318

Speaking of which, I have to go this afternoon....Laura, if I give you my list....will you go for me???????
Old 10-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Would love to! I seriously love buying groceries, cooking the groceries and eating the groceries so I can do it all over again!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

This is the week that I start walking for exercise again; podiatrist gave me the go-ahead as long as I start slow. I'm excited to rejoin the monthly walking board here. I woke up and did 1.2 miles...pretty balmy out today, about 40-some degrees. I wore sneakers, but put the surgical shoe back on as soon as I got home. I don't wan't to re-fracture, so I will be careful, but I am excited to get back into the routine of walking!!

Dinners this past weekend: Saturday I was too into all my chores around the house, so I was lazy and just thawed some shrimp that was in the freezer...and that was it although I ate lc snacks later that evening. Sunday I made spaghetti & meat sauce. Just browned ground beef with diced, green pepper, onion & zucchini and used Hunts Garlic & Herb pasta sauce (lowest carb I've found) plus additional herbs. Husband and I ate it over spaghetti squash.

Tonight I'm making the Renee Tilapia Magic recipe (from recipe boards here) plus roasted asparagus. I might add a small side salad.

I may start tracking my food intake this week, to monitor that I am within Induction levels. I prefer a specific site, and I have so much of my own personal info loaded in the free version, but its so slow sometimes, that I get impatient and move on to something else. I hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited by Stacy O; 10-21-2013 at 08:25 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Would love to! I seriously love buying groceries, cooking the groceries and eating the groceries so I can do it all over again!
Me too - I'm the same way
Old 10-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you have the meals under control. You food sounds yummy,
Old 10-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Hi ya, ladies!!!

I still want chocolate. I am fighting it!

Breakfast was two poached eggs and soft cooked bacon. Pumpkin spice coffee.

Lunch was two burger king patties with cheese.

Dinner was amazing! Simple salad with a tad bit of cheese, black olives, lettuce and a few black olives. Then, I had frozen tenders I had baked and I heated them up in the pan with nacho cheese dip thinned with sour cream. Ya. I did that. LOL

I steamed some broc too and mixed it all up with the cheese. It was really good.

Finally, I made dinner.

I actually stopped at the butcher to buy more bacon, but he was closed on Mondays; I forgot.

That is all I have for now! What did you have to eat today?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Today was Chicken Parmesan Americano... at least that's what I call it and Spinach dip made with fresh spinach... supper I'm taking it to work to share with my co-worker, she's bringing crackers and I'm using cheese chips made with colby jack cheese slices.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Maureen , you did so good !!! You have to have some things as you say in moderation !! Have you seem that add on tv where the girl says she use to eat the whole cake ???You did it!! You only ate a small slice!! When I want chocolate really bad I add cocoa powder to coconut oil with a sugar substitute crush some almonds and sometimes add a little sugar free syrup!! Like you put in your coffee
Old 10-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Laura,

I don't know what was wrong with my eyesight last night, but I did not see the soup recipe until this morning. Thank you! I see that it has some coconut flour in it; I have that here.

Wendy, good idea. I have those ingredients sans the nuts here.

Well, I had two quest bars last night and I am up back to 190. So mad, but whatever.

Hiiiiiowweva, I wore my favorite black velvet cami yesterday and it is now too big. I'm devastated. You just can't buy these things. They are five years old and I waited for them to go on sale. I have 4 of them and I love them. I'm going to try to take them in and redo the straps with ribbons and just see if I can save them. They are falling way too low for office appropriateness. Thank goodness I wore a light sweater as I had no idea.

Everyone, have a nice day. I'm off into the big big bad world. Picture me in one of the video games evading and blowing up carbs as I walk through this maze called life. Oh, and the office maze is just perfect for this game environment. ha! lol
Old 10-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies! Just popping in to say I'm alive! The last couple of days have kind of flown by, but I'm here and on track. Got my walk in yesterday, even after getting up at some ungodly hour to watch Great Danes prance around a show ring. Our national specialty show is in Pennsylvania this year - Monica this is the same show that I came to in KS this year, but just couldn't make the trip to PA. They have a live stream which is amazing for those of us stuck at home, but of course they're in the Eastern Time Zone & I'm in Pacific (yaaawn) so I've been up at 4:15 the last couple days. Yeah, that walk was rough yesterday afternoon... that's the good thing - they are done early our time. lol. Well, sounds like coffee is done & the show's about to start. Yesterday & today is the futurity competition so all puppies! Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
They have a live stream which is amazing for those of us stuck at home, but of course they're in the Eastern Time Zone & I'm in Pacific (yaaawn) so I've been up at 4:15 the last couple days.
OMG, this is just how I am during the world cup. My family thinks I'm crazy, go figure.

Gavin's IEP team meeting was yesterday. If you're not familiar with IEP, it's Individual Education Plan (for special needs). It means that once a year there's a meeting with me, his teacher and his various therapists (speech/language, occupational, augmentative communication, behavioral) where we hash out a plan for his educational goals for the following year.

It can be frustrating, combative, and adversarial - not to mention exhausting - because there is always some tension between what the IDEA law requires and what money the school budgets have to work with. But our team? We rocked it. Gavin's state DD caseworker (who is also a dear friend) said it was the most relaxed IEP meeting she's ever attended! We were all so totally on the same page.

If it tells you anything, the meeting ended with Gavin and his teacher putting on a dance performance of Pete the Cat's four groovy buttons. We were all rolling on the floor!!

In other news: A bird pooped on my hat yesterday. I was grossed out until I remembered from my *extensive* research (i.e. watching every episode of Deadliest Catch) that a bird pooping on you is very VERY good luck.

Do you think maybe there was a connection between the bird poop and the great IEP meeting?

In other, other news: I just passed 32k words worth of vampires yesterday, and invented a new science - sociohematology. You heard it here first.

So far, the JUDDD 'crockpot' is working great! It's not perfectly easy, but it's certainly not bad. I got really hungry last UD and wanted to UUAD, but didn't. With time (and extra water), the desire passed.

Happy Tuesday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #329

Lynne - not sure I am a literary athlete! I did get to CHOOSE which ones I read. The really TONGUE tied ones, I did not read. Nothing like dropping an inappropriate word in a elementary school with KIDS and PARENTS as witnesses. Thrilled the weight loss is going so well girl!

Liz - so sorry you were off work. Glad you are back with us!

Tami - That is nice you see them both daily. I am certain BOTH of mine will go away to college. Neither will choose to go to KU in Lawrence, I am sure of that!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #330

Ok Stacy and Laura , you must be insane to LOVE grocery shopping.
Closed Thread