Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Laura~ My husband grew up with it...me, being the sheltered lil girl in the suburbs of San Diego had never heard a whole lot of punk rock music...so when we began dating I absolutely fell in love with it. I love all genres really to a small degree, but this has my heart. Something about that music that really gets me! I love rockabilly too!

True story: When I met my husband he had bright fire-engine red hair that stuck up everywhere. I was put in his store to sub for his manager as he was out with health stuff... I was there for 6 weeks...my first day at a new store he was waiting for me after work and asked me out...we have been together ever since. My parents met him w/ the red hair--to which I thought my mother would pass out I had so much fun with that!...the next time he came into the house a few days later...it was blue. Yep, she was so riled up...she'd hiss in my ear, "are you sure this is what you want you son around???!!!!!".... (my son was 5mon old when we began dating) I looked at her and said, YEP! He was all punked out, t-shirts, doc martens and earrings and crazy hair..I loved it! Looking at him today, you would NEVER guess that's what he was dressed like. NEVER.

Monica~ no, NO boogies! I love those lil moles she has on her left cheek..she's got 3 of 'em, almost forms a lil circle.. and her eyes are a crazy deep blue green.
Hoping all is well witht he kiddos and conferences.. I haven't really bothered with DD17 and going to them the last couple years...her teachers often will send me emails to tell me what things she's doing in class, how great she is, blah blah blah...I figured, why waste my time battling all those other parents Now, DD19..when she was in school was a whole other story!

Maureen~ Good grief! What is the matter with these *********s!!! Awesome that you contacted the wife. I would pay to actually make sure she saw it He deserves all the crap he gets from all of this...what an icky icky dude! Our intuition is nearly always right, so glad you stuck with yours!!!

Me~
So I'm at a new low today. I'm really shocked by this one seeing as it was high carb all day. I'll be holding my breathe the next few days as I'm into all high carb days until Sat. Trusting the process on this one and going by what Chris says this "slinghshot week" is for...a reset. We'll see!!!

I think I'm coming down with something..I'm getting sniffly, congested, and my throat is scratchy.. BOO! Always when I'm trying to do this weight loss thing!!! Remember last December! OYE!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Maureen - wow....just wow!

Dinner last night; leftover turkey meatloaf and side salad. Later, I ran out to get Quest Bars at GNC to squash these crazy chocolate cravings I've been having; it did help and I think I am better today.

Dinner tonight - not sure as of yet, but will post later if I figure that out. We have a busy evening planned.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Mmmmmmmmm I love Quest bars.. so yummy for my tummy!!!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

i know i really do love them too!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
I think I will have to buy some Quest bars!!! I love peanut butter bars so maybe I will order those!!
I am having tr
Old 10-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Oops trouble getting back to the WOE this week after a funnnn wk end!!! I will do it tho!!! Just getting on here makes it better!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there Jill!!! It is really hard to put the breaks on after alot of fun off plan days...you can do it! Quest bars are soooo yum. I haven't met one I didn't like There's a new one out, double chocolate chunk.. the place I get them at hasn't gotten them yet, but I've heard it's really good.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Yeah I had colored hair. It was always such an effort for me. My hair is so dark I had to use 40 weight bleach to make my hair platinum blonde before I could put a color in and maintenance was weekly. My favorite color was cotton candy pink! Did coca cola red for a trip to New York that was fun too.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Monica!!! I adore you! That camel has been in my head all day! You just made me laugh out literally, then snort. Yes, I snorted. How feminine of me - NOT!

Tami, What is wrong with the knee? And weather forecast for you?

Danielle! Red Hair? LOL Blue Hair? Thing 1 then thing 2 or reversa? LOL What does your mom think NOW? I bet she think is just amazing, responsible and wonderful!

Oh no! Hang on for dear life there with that new low! I hope it is just not a tease! Let us know if it is real! I'm going to jump up and down with you with one of those bouncy litta guys, but I am afraid to try as I'll lose my post - I hate laptops! No sickness! It will throw you off. No no no; tell it to go away. We need you healthy!

Quest bars? What are these magical bars though speak of?

Ok.....the man saga gets more interesting. LOL My dear crazy cousin actually had his cell phone number as she wanted to ask him something about something, but she never got around to it. She had talked to him a few times and they spoke for over a hour one time when he called me on my phone. He never knew her number.

Anyway, this morning she texted him and said that chick left something at your house and you better stop hurting my "instert wife's name here". So he thought she was a friend of his wife's and his story changed again. My cousin is having a ball playing with him. I am out of that and was at work all day, but read her text at lunch. She is really letting him have it. I really don't like playing with people, but in this instance she can do whatever she wants and I'll say nothing and continue on like nothing happened.

Work was good today. I have a client up my back, but that is ok. It is a new client and she is micromanaging. She did not give me what I needed and I had to email her for missing parts. The missing parts are in e-mails and not documents. I saved all my emails to the file multiple times labeling it the different parts with the pg number of the pdf file. LOL

Anyway, I printed it all out and stapled the e-mails and all sorts of stuff and put all sort of pink tabs which correlated with different numbers, directives from another atty in our office, directives from the client, ect. It was a pretty big packet and I highlighted things in pink. My goal was to have it easy for the atty as things were everywhere and it needed to be done quickly and effortlessly. I had my runner give it to a very experienced atty instead of a newer one.

Then, I put my big pink binder clip that says urgent on it.

The atty at the other building call me very scared telling me he has not seen so much pink since he bought his little daughter a new toy. LOL

He was scared as the client wanted to review my letter. He had it back to me within a half hour, signed. Huge sigh of relief for me as there were 50k in atty fees from their previous atty which needed to be accounted for and added in. Plus, a bk and many other attorneys were involved on defendant's behalf; it had to be perfect.

Anyway....that was the highlight of the last week. I can move on now that it is done. Well, it is not done, the client's atty is going to review it. Too many attys involved in this one...and it is hard to comprehend. LOL

Anyway breakfast was a hard boiled egg. Lunch was chicken wings from the Chinese place and I was super amazed at how yummy they were. Ill be getting those more often and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Only 3.95 too!

Clients are in tomorrow as well. Today, I put on my gap gray pinstriped wide leg pants from a few years ago. I put on a knit black faux wrap sleeveless shirt and black patent heels.

They came into our room just as I came back from lunch. I missed them except for two minutes.

They won't come back in our room tomorrow.

I don't know what I'm going to wear tomorrow. Perhaps my cheap black dots pants which I bought a few years ago. I love them as they have silver pinstripes. LOL I'm such a nut.

Talked to my body builder friend this morning who won some national championships. I called him to tell him about the schmuck. He was mad. He thinks I'm the prettiest girl up here. I dated him until he moved far away from me and I'd not go with him. He always gets me in the mood for a clean day of eating.

So, that was my day. Thank goodness it is over as the weekend is almost here and then it will fun fun fun (after the chores, of course, but I'd rather say fun). I don't know though, but work is pretty fun and I really don't mind being there.

Can't wait to see whatcha all are having for dinner.......
Old 10-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

did chirzo and eggs with cheese. It wasn't what I was hungry for after all. Oh well talking left over veggies for lunch, creamed spinach, 2 stuffed peppers and leftover nacho meat.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #281
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Monica!!! I adore you! That camel has been in my head all day! You just made me laugh out literally, then snort. Yes, I snorted. How feminine of me - NOT!
Glad I could make you laugh! Funny story, DS14 said last Wednesday they played the audio for the part of the Camel going up to Carol and asking her.....he said the entire SCHOOL was laughing! That's 1600+ kids and teachers!

Laura, sounds YUMMY!

Jill - hang in there! YOU CAN DO THIS.

I need to look into Quest bars. I think they are all natural, aren't they? I think most are GF too!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #282

It's Thursday - FRIDAY - EVE all! DD12's conferences went well. All of her teachers gooshed about her. One, I have known for many many years and this is the first time he has had either of my children really went on and on about her. Said he has seen her go out of her way to Help others, others that a lot of kids just ignore. He said, I find that amazing and it speaks volumes for YOU and HER. To be like that in 6th grade when the CRAP and DRAMA all starts is awesome. He really did make DH and I feel proud! I just pray that her BIG HEART doesn't get broken a lot because sometimes that is what people/kids do! Anyway, all was well there. Tonight I get to read at the elementary school. I know I don't have kids there anymore, but I love Dr. Suess! SO I get to go have my tongue tied in front of them!

Here's to a GREAT Thursday all!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Down -.2 this morning... I am cracking up at how even the smallest increment down and I'm like, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
I'm such a dork!

Whatever sick is invading my body, it's setting up shop in my chest..OMG, long night with coughing! And this morning it hurts to breathe too deeply.. UGH, go away go away go away!!

Maureen~ What does my mom think now? Uhhhhhhhh, I really have no idea. I haven't spoken to any of my family in 3 years. I would imagine she thinks it's all HIS fault too... I don't care much what they think, obviously! Always marching to my own drummer over here....always have, always will!

Quest bars: all natural, no icky stuff in them.. it's mostly all protein..they have tons of different flavors. Their motto: "Cheat Clean"... it feels like you're cheating but you're not! So perfect! My faves are chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie

Laura~ my DD19's hair was just cotton candy pink! It's now a really cool aqua color.. Just praying the poor kid ain't bald by the time she's 30!

Monica~ Aw, it's so fun to hear nice stuff about our kids, huh? If my experience means anything, yes, your kiddo will get her heart broken alot because of how caring she is.. DD19 is like that too and is hurt often..
Enjoy your reading tonight, I love Dr. Seuss!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #284

OH Danielle feel better girl! BTW, I read your story about your DH and his red, then blue hair! HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!! That is what I feared about the kind hearted nature of my DD! You know, I think in the long run, even with the hurt...it's worth it!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Another great conference, Monica! Love it! She'll get hurt some, but she'll know she's doing the right thing and hopefully take pride in that fact. Agree, with Danielle, I LOVE reading Dr. Suess! He's so fun to read aloud. Have fun!

Maureen, I think it's hilarious that your cousin is messing with the cheating husband. I'm like you & wouldn't want to be involved, but wouldn't hold back a laugh either. Glad things went well at work. Your outfit sounds adorable!

Laura, it's a good thing I just ate lunch. Your food sounds better than my tuna/cucumber salad... though it was good and I'm full

Danielle, I'm the same way with any little loss... well, I think I used to be that way anyway. haha. It's been awhile since I've seen a new low. The gaining trend (extra water? Whatever!?!) from last week has retreated and I'm back to hanging right around 188-189. Apparently my body really likes this weight. Speaking of DD, how's DD19 doing out on her own?

Workout 4 of 5 done for the week. Did 30+ minutes on the stationary bike again & will walk tomorrow
Old 10-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Monica, I am feeling worse as the day wears on DH says I was warm when he left for work this morning, and I feel warm.. Oh, that DH of mine definitely keeps me on my toes.. Funnily enough, while we were at the venue waiting for hours and hours for Pink...he kinda became the fave guy.. There were like 7 people ahead of us who most were foreigners who absolutely loved him cracking jokes.. then awhile later these 4 women showed up at the same time we we all got to chatting and had a blast.. One of them asked me about DH, "is he always this funny? We've had the best time with him!" I had to tell her how spur of the moment & unpredictable he was, and that yes, he makes me laugh every single day. He was kinda the sheepherder for our new-found group the entire night..so funny.

Tami~ No worries, the scale will move soon! I've just got so much to lose yet!
Well, yanno, I wish I knew what was up with DD19 She hasn't officially moved out yet...but yet, it's been like 6 days since I've seen her. She's been with one of her girlfriends the last few days doing some photography stuff in between working.... I think she may actually grace us with her presence this evening.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

D, Sorry you're feeling worse. DH was up coughing half the night, too. He actually moved to the couch so he could sleep more upright. Booo to both of you being sick! Hope you feel better soon! I hear ya on DD19. The boys disappear on me from time to time, but neither have threatened to move out just yet. Keep me posted on how she does
Old 10-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~
Ugh, the coughing! I hate the cough that is relentless. Really feeling for your DH! I am praying that this doesn't turn out like last December..where it never progressed, just stayed and hung on for weeks. I want it to hurry up and pass!
DD19 has always been in a big ole rush to "grow up"... I guess maybe that's a middle child thing? She tends to be full of drama alot of the time and makes issues of her own design from it all.. I'm thinking the moving out this is going to be very short lived, but we'll see. What do I know, right? She could surprise us all and totally thrive & flourish--which would be my biggest hope for her! DH totally thinks it's a good idea especially for her to do this...says she has no clue what it's like in the real world. We'll see.
DS is totally loving college life and living on his own, and I think DD17 will do ok on her own after the initial shock of not having mama around 24/7
Old 10-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maureenlw
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Hi ya'll!

Monica and Danielle.... great kid news this week. Way to go moms!

Oh Tami your poor dh!!! I hope he feels better!

Well, update on the guy. LOL Guess my cousin toyed with him so much he found a way to track her down by her cell phone. Then he called her and had a little chat with her and said it was the wife that left him and I'd not understand and blah blah as I was too much of a goodie goodie and lived by different ethics than most, blah blah.

So, she lit into me that I was too judgmental and blah blah blah. omg. He is a smooth talking for sure.

He then texted me this morning and said I was one crazy woman and did I contact his wife on FB. He threw a lol in there after crazy woman. I told him he lied to me so he no longer had the privilege of speaking with me. I don't drag things out. Done.

Anyway, today at lunch my atkins buddy asked me what I brought. I said I didn't and I had to go fishing unless I went hitchhiking on someone's order.

So, her eyes lit up and said "Chinese Chicken wings?". My eyes lit up! lol

We each ended up looking at the menu and we noticed half a chicken for 3.95. We each got one and it was so much more meat than the 4 wings of yesterday for the same price.

Now I can add Chinese food to my list of take out.

It was very satisfying!

After that, I went to get my daughter at the high school and stayed for the soccer game. The Varsity Football players invaded the stands after their practice to support the Varsity Soccer game. They are so cute. They actually have a grasp of the game and were yelling and cheering. Great school Spirit! The boys cracked me up. Three of them came up to give me hugs and one reached over the bar w a fist bump. My daughter used to cheer for the high school. Then she focused on private cheer leading and she and her team won the Nationals in Baltimore for their division this past spring.

Anyway, now my daughter is moody as I yelled at her in the car after she screamed out loud when she realized she forgot something. It scared me. I can't see in the dark and I missed the turn, and had to turn around. All I saw were signs that said do not enter, and curvy roads. I can't see so I was so scared when she screamed as I slammed on my brakes waiting to get hit by a car. Nope, just a hormonal teenager! omg. So, now she is ticked at me for yelling at her and I've told her a million times Don't scream in the car as it scares me. Now she is saying I better get those fears under control. Jerk store called wanting their jerk back.

So, she does not want backed pasta as I can't make pasta as her dad makes too much pasta and her dad's gf loves pasta and dd is sick of it. Tacos is on that list as well as pizza. With his soon to be ex wife, Chines was on the list too.

I am expected to make a five course meal. Not today!

She is not talking to me. Crazy kid.

What did everyone have for dinner?
Old 10-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

haven't felt like cooking the last few days. Super tired. Got to bed late both days. Tomorrow is another late day with having to go to the grocery stores. Think I'll put on the chicken breasts I have in the fridge with salsa and cream cheese tomorrow. Sounds yummy.

Danielle sorry to hear you feel bad. Get well soon.

Tami hope your DH feels better too... and I'll be over here in the corner keeping my distance from all of ya!

Maureen the good news is she'll only be a teenager for a lil while. Not sure the 20s are any better but at least she won't be a teenager anymore. Beside by tomorrow or the next day she'll forget why she's mad at you... for a minute anyway.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Dinner tonight - Shrimp cocktail, kind of. We mixed mayo and horseradish for the dip. We also baked up some bacon wrapped scallops (impulse buy at Costco last week). I literally have been working since 7am. Its 10:30pm now, and i am officially done! Today was just one of those days!

My favorite Quest Bars are any of the ones without Sugar Alcohols...some varieties have them and some don't. My favorite flavors are Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Vanilla Almond. My local GNC guy said they are coming out with Double Chocolate, but they weren't sure if they has sugar alcohols in them yet.

Tomorrow is Friday - yay!

Old 10-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #292
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: burlesml
Stats: 365/250/145
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 11/18/2011 Restart:10/12/13
Hi Guys!

Can I join your challenge? There's about 8 weeks left, so I'm going to say 10 pounds is my goal Whoohoo! This will be fun
Old 10-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Monica good to see you here.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #294

Danielle - I hope you feel better today!

Tami - I am sure you are right! Do you see your boys often? I can't remember, are they still living at the house?

Maureen - HE is the CRAZY one! DD yelling in the car scaring you, sorry, that made me laugh out loud!

Laura - I HATE the grocery store. Way to manage with not cooking! I also don't enjoy cooking!

Stacy - I MUST get me some quest bars! I have actually added GREEK yogurt to my food list. I hate slurpy type stuff. But for the protein and only 100c, I can choke it down!

Monica - join us, YES! to our group. By the way, LOVE your name!

My DD wasn't the best and the scale showed me it wasn't either. 172.2 this a.m. BLAH!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Ladies I have a lot of catching up to do!! After 2 and a 1/2 weeks of furlough I am finally back to work!!!
I did really well eating low calories until last Friday and never got back on until today!! So I am back at it again...contemplating going back to low carbs to try and jump start my weight loss again. I hope everyone is doing well and also welcome to all the new people..... this place is really jumping this challenge
Old 10-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #296
Blabbermouth!!!

It was a long night of no sleeping. Every time I dozed, I'd start coughing. Feeling still kinda oogie today but I'm determined not to let this take me down. Scale was the same today--I expected it.
Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I can't believe it's already been a week since I went to see P!nk! Crazy!!!!

Stacy~ the double chocolate chunk is out here but I keep missing it.
I love to mix & match a box of them that way I get a little of everything. PB supreme is pretty tasty too! I'm actually gonna try some of the 15second recipes that keep getting posted on twitter and see if they're as good as people say they are.

Monica~ Hang in there hon! You know there's NO way you actually gained all that, right?

Monica~ glad to have you with us! We're gonna have to label you guys Monica1 and Monica2

Liz~ WB!! Wow 2 weeks, huh? I bet you're glad to be back at it! Yes, we've got a great group of new ladies, it's been alot of fun!!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all for the well wishes for DH. He was pretty rough this morning and toyed with calling in sick, but drug himself in anyway. I'm still hoping to avoid getting sick... I can hope, right? And of course we have fun stuff planned for this weekend, but it can wait if need be.

Danielle, Sorry you're still feeling oogy... hope it passes quickly! We have tickets to a haunted corn maze (oooooooh) and a couple of haunted houses. We were going to do the maze & the smaller haunted house Saturday night & then the bigger production (8 chamber, something or other) haunted house next weekend or on Halloween. Going to play it by ear with hubs, though. We'll see. He has a side job lined up next weekend, so this is a rare weekend off and of course he's sick

Oh, Maureen! Your DD sounds... yeah... pretty gosh darned normal! I told my kids early on that if there's screaming someone better be dying and I reacted to screams like they were (maybe overdoing the panicked mom bit just a little to prove a point. lol) I don't do well driving at night either. Ugh. NO fun at all. Sorry you guys had to butt heads last night. I'm sure all is forgiven already. YAY for you for cutting the guy off and calling it DONE now. He sounds like a piece of work. Blah. And we wonder why he's divorced/almost divorced/whatever! - Way too much drama for me! Yay for 3.95 chicken, too

Laura, hope you can get some rest soon. It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks for you & you deserve some R&R!

Stacy! Bacon wrapped scallops sound yummy! I've never had them. I've never had a Quest bar, either... guess I'm going to have to try them!

Monica (Monica # 2? The New Monica? - I kind of like 'The New Monica' )

Monica (Now, I will NOT call you The OLD Monica - that just doesn't have a nice ring to it at all. lol), the boys are still living at home, though they both spend the night elsewhere on a pretty regular basis. At this point all I ask is that they text me and let me know where they're sleeping so I don't freak out if I wake up and they're not here and so I can find them in an emergency. We go to bed so much earlier than they do anyway that it really doesn't matter much if they actually sleep here. Not like we're missing any quality time. lol. I do see them both nearly everyday, but sometimes it's just for a few minutes before they're off to school/work/etc. Btw, I'm so with you on grocery shopping & cooking! Thankfully it's easy to talk DH into grilling at least a couple times a week and at least once a week we get take-out (WINGS ).

Good to see you, Liz. I didn't realize you were furloughed Good luck getting back on track... you got this...
Old 10-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureenlw View Post

Well, update on the guy. LOL Guess my cousin toyed with him so much he found a way to track her down by her cell phone. Then he called her and had a little chat with her and said it was the wife that left him and I'd not understand and blah blah as I was too much of a goodie goodie and lived by different ethics than most, blah blah.

So, she lit into me that I was too judgmental and blah blah blah. omg. He is a smooth talking for sure.
This guy is bad news. He just lit up all the psychopathic abuser red flags on my dashboard right there.

Also, I totally agree with you about screaming in the car!! Nobody screams in my car unless they really want to walk home.

Danielle, on quest bars: if loving double chocolate chunk (also chocolate brownie and chocolate chip cookie dough, Stacy) is wrong, I don't wanna be right!!

Although, it *is* DD. I'm going to behave myself.

Laura, your freezer is so full of yummies, you don't have to cook if you don't feel like it!

Tami, WTG on the exercise!!

Monica I, (because we have two Monicas now: Monica I and Monica II) for that good parent teacher conference!!

Dr. Seuss is wonderful, but really hard work to read. You're a literary athlete if you can read Dr. Seuss out loud!!

Monica II, to our group! 10 pounds sounds like a doable goal!

Me... I think the weight is coming off quicker this time around. Last time it seems like I got stuck at 180 forEVER and this time I blew right past it! What's up with that??

We're about a quarter of a way through our challenge now. My skinny jeans are pretty comfortable now. I'm not weighing myself - staying off the scales for the most part, though not totally - but you can't help putting on clothes every day, right?

I still can't sleep very well some nights (side effect of fasting), but it doesn't seem to be bothering me as much as it used to.

The weather's turned nice for a long stretch, so I'm walking everywhere again, which is the only way I reliably get enough exercise. (So lazy!!) So Tami, I guess we share the exercise mojo right now!

Danielle, did I read you right that you drank 2 gallons of water one day?? I'm going to pay attention and try to drink drink drink more, too. We'll share water mojo!

We are rockin' this challenge, y'all!!

Happy Friday!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Dr. Seuss is wonderful, but really hard work to read. You're a literary athlete if you can read Dr. Seuss out loud!!
Or a preschool teacher. lol. I really do love to read it, but I'm weird. I also used to love reading the King James version of the Bible out loud. I pretty much hate public speaking, but like to read. I feel so out of practice when I read something aloud now!

Lynne, you're doing AMAZING with this challenge! Good for you for walking! YAY! I'm laced up & ready to go. Dog gets meds at 9:30 & I plan on heading out after that. I want to join you guys on the water mojo. It's been tough with it being cooler here. I think I'll shoot for one gallon at least on days I'll be close to the bathroom. lol I usually use reuse 1 liter bottles so 4 of those sounds do-able.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ oh my! I dunno if I can do haunted houses and mazes anymore! I think I'm more afraid of landing on my arse somewhere inside and getting trampled...klutz that I am!

Lynne~ Yes, 2 gallons. My eyeballs were positively floating! But, it worked, and I lost that bloat pretty much overnight. I've come close to 2 gallons pretty much all of this week...forwhatever reason I've been sitting at over a gallon by like 2pm...there's alot of hours left in the day after that to keep on drinkin'!
Closed Thread