Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #61
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/185.4/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
got my weight work out in and post workout meal done. may have one more small snack later. fruit or something but we'll see.

so far my menu today is:
*whey protein shake mixed with almond milk. coffee/cream
*musle milk light (pre made)
salad:lettuce, tomato, celery, carrots, mushrooms, turkey pepperoni, Jamaican mistake dressing
*whey protein shake, chocolate quaker mini rice cakes (post workout meal)

exercise: weights

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #62
Random WIT

add a pomegranate to my menu.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Sonds great Lucy!!

Nice work stews. Yummy pomegranate!

Another new low today. I can't believe it. I had cheese-its at like 10pm last night. Looks like my body is catching on. I tried on my jeans yesterday. I have 5 pairs. 2 I can get on and zip but they are not pretty!! The other 3 won't button. I figure about 5 pounds should do it. Just going to keep doing what I am
Old 09-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #64
Random WIT

you are doing AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait till I can say I'm that close to my goal jeans. shoot, I can't wait to say I'm half way to my goal jeans, lol
Old 09-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #65
Random WIT

been a good day but I'm tired. didn't do any cardio and not going to today. I was hoping to exercise all week so I wouldn't have to think about it over the weekend when we are away but I just can't. I need a day off.

today's menu.
*whey protein shake mixed with almond milk. coffee/cream
*muscle milk light
*salad: mostly lettuce and dressing
*cereal with almond milk. an apple with peanut butter.

guess I haven't done so great today getting my nutrients in but at least I haven't eaten a bunch of junk.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #66
Random WIT

ended up having some more peanut butter, crackers and cheese.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:27 AM   #67

You had lots of good stuff stews! You are doing great. I'm glad I have a buddy on track with me.

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning. Down again. I'm dropping really fast. Don't know if I should worry but I'm wondering if its the new meds. I haven't really changed much. I am eating pretty clean but who knows. 3 days under 110 now so I guess I can call the new decade
Gym today for legs and some spinning.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #68
Random WIT

huh, I suppose it could be either of those issues. I sure wish you'd share some of that with me, though, lol. just keep an eye on it, Jackie. Hopefully, its just your body kicking into high gear with all your hard work.

going to be a busy day or 2. I need to have everything ready to go before Friday so we can hook up the trailer and leave as soon as I get home. normally, it won't be so much work to get ready, but we need to transfer things from the motorhome to the trailer that we want to take. and its been so long since we've used anything up there that I need to wash the dishes and stuff too before putting them in.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #69
Random WIT

brrrr, I'm freezing. just turned on the pellet stove to warm it up in here.

today's menu:
*whey protein shake mixed with almond milk
*muscle milk light
*carrots/celery
*chili verde, mexican rice, tortillas (haven't had this yet, but that is what I'm making for dinner).

exercise: somewhere between 45 and 50 min. walking while waiting for my car to be done. went a little over 2.6 miles.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #70

Well weight was the same today so my losses stuck. Cool.
Taking Stella for a run this morning. It's chilly here but supposed to be in the 80s for the next few days
Old 09-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #71
Random WIT

so happy for you being so close to goal! that is so awesome.

Its chilly here too. we've had to use our pellet stove a few times lately and also dh turned on the heater in the bathroom for the first time this morning.

I am going to have another busy afternoon. I need to go to the store and get a few things to take with us for the weekend. also do a little laundry, pack. wash up the camping dishes since they have been stored and not used for so long. get things transfered from the motorhome to the trailer that we want to take. I may save some of that for dh to figure out tomorrow while I'm at work, but I don't want him to have to do everything. we are hoping to be ready to leave as soon as I can get home from work. in fact, hoping I can slip out of work a little early. that's not as easy now that we are short staffed there but we'll see.

my back is a little sore still today. I'm hoping I'll be able to fit in a weight workout this afternoon since I know I won't be around to get another one in until Sunday or Monday. if the weather is reasonable I'll at least get some walking in on the weekend, though.

one good thing, work should go fairly fast today. its a group that causes me to be non stop busy. of course, that means I'm on my feet more which affects my back but time should go quick.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #72
Random WIT

NOT going to get my work out in . I feel a little guilty but I just can't. I have so much to do to get things ready for tomorrow and I'm not feeling great. after this is won't be so hard to get ready to go for a couple days. but its the initial making sure we have everything transferred from the motorhome that we need.

I have a load of dishes washing now, I did get the bed all made. just have to take the pillows we are used to out tomorrow. I also have a load of laundry going so I can pack in a little bit. not that packing is going to be hard. we are only going a couple days and I plan on wearing sweats
Old 09-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #73

Don't stress stews, one missed workout won't hurt..just don't make it a habit

Relaxing here. Kids are asleep and dh is getting ready for hockey. Busy, productive daysI I'm exhausted. Relaxing with the pooches and heading to bed soon
Old 09-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #74
Random WIT

I know. I just really wanted to get the weight work out in because I know I won't be able to until Sunday or Monday now. its okay. at least I've gotten some in this week and a little cardio.

i thought my dh would be home by now. I was hoping, then he could help me get things ready. guess what I don't get done he'll be doing tomorrow when i'm at work, but I figured it would be easier and faster if we were both working on it together.

have a relaxing night.

my pooches get to go camping tomorrow for the first time ever!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #75
Random WIT

so, I weighed this morning, not knowing what to expect. I wasn't going to but I wanted to weigh before and after the weekend so maybe it will help me not go too crazy with food if we find we are sequestered in the trailer most the weekend because of rain. I seem to be about at my low (for this time around) again. I don't know why my weight was up anyway, I have been a good girl, lol. Hopefully next week I'll see a new low.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #76
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Old 09-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #77
Random WIT

I'm home! hiya!
Old 09-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #78
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
looked like you had fun!
Old 09-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #79
Random WIT

it was nice to get away. only got out for 1 short walk, though. not because I didn't want to but because of the weather. that's okay, though we knew going into it we'd be in the trailer most the time.

sitting here waiting for the next round of the storm to come through. more wind/rain advisories for this afternoon/evening. as much as rain is normal for us THIS storm is not normal for this time of year.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #80
Random WIT

wind seems to be picking up some out there. not blowing hard all the time, but some good gusts, it looks like. poor dh is outside trying to get a roof on the shop addition. I normally would wait till he was ready before cooking dinner but didn't want to wait and then have the power go out so i went ahead and cooked. he'll have to reheat when he's ready.

I'm thinking I might run up and take a quick shower too. that way if we lose power and its not on in the morning for some reason I will at least have clean hair for work. we don't lose it often or for long, but you never know.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #81
Random WIT

I did it. made myself get back in the gym before any more time went by. the last time was last tue, I think so not like a LOT of time has gone but things kept me out of it with my back and getting ready for camping and just not feeling great, I guess. anyway, did weights today. cardio tomorrow. it will be hard to make myself do that too, lol.

today was partly good at work. what a weird group of boys, LOL!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #82
Random WIT

hit a new low....barely, but still a new one, lol. I think I'll try and stay off the scale for a few days now so if It's not dropping while I'm doing everything I should I won't get as disappointed and setting myself up to make bad choices because of it.

work this morning. It's a court day so could be an interesting day. eh, who am I kidding? every day has the potential to be very interesting, lol. today, in particular, though I've got one boy who is extremely anxious and agitated waiting for court. He handled things pretty good yesterday but came back form talking to a counselor all worked up. wish they hadn't sent him to talk to her because it sure did get him going. He's one that can explode, I think. It's his first time in but I see all the signs in him. I also have a few boys in the other class that I am SO ready to have get out. even if new faces with the same issues take there place, that's okay. It's new faces and my patients goes down a lot just having someone different to deal with. 2 of them particularly I'd really like to slap, lol. (okay, not really slap, but you get my point. they are pushing me to my limits. time for them to go ).

plan this afternoon. dh leaves for work tonight about 6:00 for the night. I need to do some cardio. I'd like to have it done before he goes so I can relax for the evening then but its all going to depend on how I feel after work. How soon I feel I can do it with my back. hopefully today will be a day I don't feel I have to wait for hours. I need to be done and cleaned up in time to make dinner for dh before he goes if I'm going to do it before.

other than that, no plans.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #83
Random WIT

soooo, the weight may not be melting off but even though I missed nearly a week of exercise I can fit into my other pair of denim capri's that I couldn't wear before. lucky me...just in time for colder weather, lol. I'm wearing them any way . also found another pair of jeans in my closet that fit. yeah! in fact, these ones won't fit for long if this keeps up. but they fit better than the bigger pair I've been wearing part of the time. I'll save the bigger pair to wear at home and keep the ones that fit better to wear places so I don't ruin them since I have so little clothes that fit and don't want to buy more until I get into the next size if I can help it.

haven't exercised yet today. I'm going to eat dinner shortly, let it settle than I WILL get cardio in tonight. I just got done making dinner except need to fry up eggs to go with it when dh is ready. He's been outside putting a roof on his shop addition. it doesn't have enclosed walls yet (has the frame up) but it has a roof.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #84
Random WIT

okay, dinner is done. DH has left for work. I'm letting dinner settle for a bit then going to make myself hit my treadmill, blah. sure wish I enjoyed exercise
Old 10-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #85

Sorry I haven't been around. Mornings have been busy and miss Stella is keeping me moving.

You are doing awesome stews!! Congrats on the low and your pants fitting. I'm going to try my jeans again at the end of the week. I have to be close. I'm melting too but honestly it's not really good now. I have to watch myself and I am starting now started counseling again yesterday and I'm hopeful I will get past this cloud.

Going to be a beautiful day so I'm taking Stella out for a run. Kyle has soccer tonight. He turns 4 on the 12th...how did that happen??? Oh and my birthday is in 5 days
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
Old 10-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #86
Random WIT

thanks. this afternoon was rough but I got through it. I did a weight workout after dh left for work. just had my post workout meal and am just relaxing until I go to bed.

You WILL get past the cloud, DP. I'm glad you are aware and taking care of yourself by getting counseling when you need it. *hugs*
Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #87
Random WIT

up and all ready for work. I had a hard time getting out of the warm bed the last couple days. usually I get ready then come down stairs and do my bible reading then come and play on the internet. the last couple days I did my reading before getting up. figured, I get to lay in the warm bed and not be running behind on my normal schedule . dh will be here tomorrow so I will probably get up when I'm supposed to. I just have a hard time going to bed when he is on graveyard but that makes getting up hard.

I can't wait until Saturday. dd24 will be here and her, dd22, my Dad and L, and dh's parent's are all going out to dinner.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #88

I'm not sleeping great so getting out of bed hasn't been easy for me either. But I get up and get Kyle ready for school while dh gets ready for work. And by then Stella is usually awake. We have a nice little routine going though

New low today. I think I might brave my jeans since I'm in a decent mood. I know I'm close to where I was last time I was in then. I think about a 3 pound difference
Old 10-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #89

Just went back and looked through my old journal. Was 100.6 when I called goal so I'm figuring I have about 5 pounds to go. I feel like I had a lot more muscle then time to kick up the weights! It's been 2 and a half years since I was at my happy weight
Old 10-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #90
Random WIT

you will do it, DP.

I've come to the conclusion...the scale hates me. weight back up to before I lost the last little bit for the new low. stupid scale. I have to remind myself my body is smaller, my clothes fit better and some are too big. haha, I'm actually wearing a t shirt that is too baggy right now because I REALLY want to wear that color, lol. stupid scale. I know the numbers don't matter...but...they do, lol. and I can tell you jackie, its been a a lot longer than that since I've been a happy weight. I SO want to get there again.

I may not get a work out in today, though. but that's okay. I'm going to play it by ear. I've done 4 in a row (2 weights, 2 cardo) and actually my cardio sessions were longer than I normally do so I've already got my 120 in for the week. I just don't know if I can fit it in today. i have a hair appointment at 3:00, so not enough time after work to eat, let it sit, do my weights, clean up and have pw meal. there is an open house at the wellness center that is opening up that my massage therapist is going to have a room in. I'd really like to go and support her. that is like between 6 and 9 or something like that. I'd like to go closer to 6 if possible so I can then relax with dh for the evening. not so sure I want to get my hair done then get all sweaty and have to refix it to go out again.

tomorrow morning I'll be up early to pick up my bountiful basket, so I could come home after and get my weight workout done early in the day, then get the house ready for company. I'm so excited to spend at least part of the day with dd24 and have dinner with so her and other family that evening.
Closed Thread