Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 9 - It's September!!!!

YAY!
My favorite month!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

I'm hanging in there this weekend!
How about you all?
Old 09-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008

Down day yesterday, just under 500 calories. Today not bad, keeping things more or less under control.

Back to work tomorrow after my summer vacation...don't know if I'm ready for this!
Old 09-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Queen Bargain Shopper

YAY Luisa!!!!

Wanted to share a preview of DD and a maternity photo - DD is doing the real shoot today!

photo (8).jpg
Old 09-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She's so pretty, Cindy, and getting so big! When is she due?
Old 09-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Queen Bargain Shopper

October 30th!
And thanks!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Oh boy...I really plan on getting back to a strict regimen tomorrow. And so does my husband. We are actually looking forward to reining ourselves in and losing a few lbs!!

Cindy, wow, your daughter looks beautiful. You must be so darn excited. Do you have a baby shower planned?

I'm going to be in NYC next week, but hope to check in when I can...
Old 09-03-2013, 05:26 AM   #8
Queen Bargain Shopper

Happy Tuesday!
Hoping this short week will go fast.
School starts for the districts here today and the college Thursday.
Thankfully, for DD's sake, it has cooled off.

I got so much done over the weekend! DH and I even went on a motorcycle ride - and it was cold!

Yes, Wiz - DD23 and I are hosting a shower for DD on 9/14!
This week is operation shower!

I am switching to my new purse today, and also bought a new Essie nail polish yesterday to switch to fall mode....saw in a magazine and fell in love.....Walgreen's had it when I went to get allergy meds.

For the Twill of It:
Nail polis.jpg

I still have to show you DD's shower invite too! It's SO cute!

Let's have a good week Beachers!!! I am hanging in there...how's everyone else doing?

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 09-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #9
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, I just bought a nail polish that looks just like that! Kind of a grayish brown color.

Went running this morning and it was weird to see all the kids heading off to school. Wow, the summer went quickly. Off on the train to NYC later today, back on Thursday.

Phase 1 day on tap for me!!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
Man its been a rough 7 days for me!! This project is a total nightmare, today we are supposed to be activating 3 of their locations, I really hope all goes as planned or these people are going to come unglued!

I havent been sleeping lately and I am exhausted today, falling asleep at my desk and of course my car had to breakdown on the way into work this morning. Its at the shop right now and going to be over 200 bucks to fix it and Im sure they will call me with more stuff but I cant even afford the first 200 much less anything else.

We had a house full of kids over the holiday weekend, they have all left now so we get a week of peace and quiet, which I desperatly need. I have my 10 page final paper due for school on the 13th and I havent even started it! I am hoping I can start it tomorrow. This Sunday night is the Janes Addiction and Alice in Chains concert, I am super excited about that.

I havent gotten on the scales in days, I am scared to look with all the stress I have been under I havent been paying attention to what I am eating.

I hope everyone is managing better than me right now!~

Anyway, I better get ready for my meeting, wish me luck.

Kelly
Old 09-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Morning beachers!

Back at work today. pretty much maintained my weight over the long weekend. No exercise either, but I stayed busy the past two days deep cleaning and reorganizing my bedroom and the bathroom. Nothing was left untouched.

The bathroom was a nightmare! We put up new closet and main door. (I put up the closet door myself.) After we got them up, I cleaned the tub/toilet/sink, repainted the walls, painted the new doors and trim, added grout under the sink (old sink went to the floor and couldn't see there was no grout), painted the grout. And tonight I will recaulk the tub.

My DH said I was Bob stinking Villa and he was glad at least one of us was handy.

Tonight is DS room, I hope.

I didn't sleep well, so no exercise again this morning. I'm hoping tomorrow is better.

Happy HUMP day!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #12
Queen Bargain Shopper

Insanely busy right now.....I'll be back!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #13
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! You guys sound like you are all in whirlwind mode!! Heck, being in NYC in a nice quiet hotel room doesn't seem so bad after all

I've done well with my eating so far this week. I've had tons of salads with protein, trying to make sure no hidden carbs, calories are added.

I will weigh in tomorrow, hope it's not too bad.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Workout this morning was rough after 5 days of not doing one! But I did 40 min on the treadmill this morning.

I need to get through today and 1/2 a day tomorrow and my weekend will be started. We are taking a charter bus to DS football game tomorrow. Should be fun. DD and DS's GF are going with us.

Gotta get to working!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Well I got on the scales this morning and it was ugly I need to go jeans shopping to buy stuff for the fall/winter too and it bums me out that I cant get a smaller size, but it is what it is! I dont feel like I am ready to go back on HCG or anything too drastic right now, we have company coming to stay with us in like 2 weeks, we are doing a coast trip and we have a bunch of other stuff planned, then we are moving and the holidays will be here! So I am thinking after the first of the year I am going to crack down again. Right now I just want to maintain where Im at which is around 182-184. I am ok with that for now.

I colored my hair last night, posted a pic on FB so you guys can see, its a plum color now ,I love it Great fall color.

Work has slowed down finally, so now I have to concentrate on my final paper for school, I have 1 week from tomorrow till its due. I started on it, but havent gotten very far lol.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kelly
Old 09-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies,

Quick check-in before I hit the sack. It's been a hectic week back at work, just getting used to the schedule again, plus still adapting to JUDDD. So far it's going pretty well. I bounce around a lot (which is apparently normal), but as of this morning was down 5 lbs. since Monday of last week. When you consider the things I've eaten on my up days (like roast lamb, paella, a baked potato and plenty of wine!), I think 5 lbs. is really great. Surprisingly, the down days aren't as hard as I thought. I've been pretty consistent with my exercise, although it's a bit of a problem figuring out when to fit it in right now.

Kelly - I like your new hair color! It suits you. You are far more adventurous than I am!

Tina - have fun at the game and good luck to DS's team!

Wiz - good luck with the weigh in!

Cindy - I like that color of nail polish. I can't remember when the last time was that I used any on my fingernails (I'm sure it's been decades! I am just too rough on my hands), but I do sometimes manage to do my toenails in the summer.

Looking forward to Friday tomorrow!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
Queen Bargain Shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post

I need to get through today and 1/2 a day tomorrow and my weekend will be started. We are taking a charter bus to DS football game tomorrow. Should be fun. DD and DS's GF are going with us.
Tina; you are living Friday Night Lights! I love that show! Have you seen it?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

20 min on the bike this morning, 1 min plank, 1 min of jumping jacks, 20 lunges and 50 squats! OMG! The plank and the jumping jacks were the worst!

Today I work til noon, home to do some light cleaning, off to a meeting with DD teacher, then bus ride to the game. DS needs to play in 12 more quarters to letter

Cindy - Not sure if I have seen Friday Night Lights or not! Will have to check it out.

Luisa - Sounds like JUDDD is working ok for you! I hope it continues to work well!

Kel - loved the hair!

Wiz - I hope your eating went well while traveling this week!

Gotta get to work so I can get out of here on time!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:01 AM   #19
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry to be MIA, yesterday was NOT a good day. I leave the house to go running (with a lot on my mind, due to some family drama...sigh) and I tripped on a big chunk of sidewalk. Yup, bloody knee and elbow, bruises, the whole 9 yards. I got no sleep last night because my stinking elbow is so sore.

In any case, my weigh-in didn't help matters either. I knew I had been eating off plan recently (I kept saying "after Labor Day I will get back...) and it showed on the scale. I am up about 3 lbs from where I was most of the summer, and a good 7 to 8 lbs from where I really want to be.

With all that being said, I am very excited that we have no plans all weekend, for the first time in weeks. Last night we went to a trendy new place, where I had their signature salad topped with grilled chicken. And yes, a glass of wine.

And today we are off to the beach! All the tourists have gone home and we will have the place to ourselves.

Tina, how did the team do last night? HS football doesn't start here until next week.

Louisa, Great work on the 5 lbs! It sounds like JUDDD is really working for you.

Kelly, speaking of jeans - I tried on my favorite pair from the Loft that I got last year (skinny jeans, curvy fit) and I definitely have some work to do. Talk about a muffin top. Yikes!

Cindy, how did the first week of classes go? It sounds like you were swamped. Ready for your beloved Packers to play? I have no idea what to expect for the Eagles, with the new coach, etc. I just hope they stink less than last year. Ha!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
Old 09-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #20
Queen Bargain Shopper

Oh no Wiz!!
Hopefully, the soreness will subside!
Hope things are ok with the fam too!
I always seem to have something happening in my family too!

DD23 ended up not coming home - hoping we have all our ducks in a row for the shower next week.

Today, groceries, and picking up a few things for the shower. Should do yard work too, but really not feeling that yet.

Tina - you HAVE to check out FNL!!!!

Good weekend to all!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #21
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FYI. My elbow is still quite painful, it's hard to sleep because of it. My leg doesn't hurt, it just looks awful!

Last night was so nice out, so we decided to just hang at home. We did (local) littleneck clams on the grill, then a small sirloin with eggplant, onion and red pepper. The only non SB friendly piece of the meal was the butter - you have to dip the clams in!! And then we just chilled watching the sunset on the river behind our house.

Cindy, how big is the shower? Are you doing it at your home?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #22
Queen Bargain Shopper

Monday! UGH!
lol

Why are weekends so short?

Wiz - sorry to hear about your elbow!

Kelly - looks like your concert was fun!
Do you guys have a Boston? I saw your pic of the dog you posted. DD23 loves both her dogs, but she has grown to love the Boston breed!

Tina - how was the game??

Luisa - you hanging in there?

Shower is Saturday - and it's at a local coffee shop that DDs love. They don't like to have to deal with having showers at home so having it there - very cool spot. And this one I just have to decorate - minimally as the ambiance of the space is very cool/industrial type. They will do the food - it's in the morning, so doing coffee, pasties, breads, cookies, and DD's fave - Rosewater Lemonade. We have about 20 coming. 50 were invited.

My parents arrive Thursday so my Mom can go to the shower, and it's DH and I's anniversary!!! Work will be busy, so this should be a short week!!!

Did well over the weekend - I ate a little off my plan - which for me lately means not counting my calories, but still ate healthy and watched my portions.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 09-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Weights/lunges/squats this morning. Yesterday I got in the C25K and added about 20 mins of walking to that.

DS football team won Friday night by a field goal. It was a nail biter for sure!

DD is home sick today

Wiz - Ouch! Hope that elbow gets to feeling better soon. And that the family issues are worked out quickly!

Cindy - The shower sounds really fun. Enjoy it and your anniversary!

I ordered new jeans in a smaller size from American Eagle (LOVE LOVE LOVE the fit of their jeans) I've probably got another 5 ish lbs before I can wear them comfortably. And the next size down I can get FROM THE STORE! Can't wait for that milestone

Let make this a good week Beachers!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #24
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!!

What an absolutely lovely weekend here at the Jersey Shore (and another beauty today, for that matter...) I was pretty good eating-wise all weekend. Not perfect, but that's okay.

Cindy, the shower sounds lovely! And very nice you don't have to slave around your house to make it happen.

Tina, woo hoo on the jeans!! And on the close win for your son!!

Tonight I am going to a fundraiser with some girlfriends. All these great restaurants in our area make a specialty food. I go to this event every year, and I am usually able to navigate through the choices without going too far off plan. And what is nice is it's just a bite or two of each item anyway. You can't really do too much damage.

Let's have a great week Beachers!!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
I am super tired today, got home late last night from the concert and drank a lil too much, Im a lil hungover today It was fun, we had a blast, my throat is sore from all the yelling I did lol.

Cindy- We dont have a Boston, we are doggy sitting Michaels kids dog because they are out of town on vacation with their mom. We are talking about getting one though when we move to our new house. He just loves that dang dog, I think he kisses it more than me

Wiz- I hope your elbow is feeling better!! Have fun at the charity event, sampling yummy foods is always a good time

Tina- Congrats on the jeans, I have never tried on jeans from American Eagle before, not even sure where there is a store around here, I might have to check them out! I usually just go to Ross or Marshalls or something and get pretty cheap ones, especially with as much as I change sizes lol.

This is my last week of my class, my final paper is due Friday, I have it almost all done, just have about 1 more page to write, so gonna finish that up hopefully today so I can send it to Michael for proof reading, hes good at that!

Lil man starts first grade today My lil guy is growing up, full days of school now, Im gonna love the cheaper daycare bill, thats for sure lol.

Michaels dad flys in next week from Illinois, I have never met him before, hes bringing his new gf too, which Michael has never met. So it will be interesting for all of us lol. I am only working Mon-Wed, they are flying in on Thurs, so I am taking a bunch of days off work. We rented a beach house for the weekend, the guys are going to go on one of those guided ocean fishing things and I am going to lay on the beach and listen to the ocean It will be nice to have a break from school and work. I have 3 weeks off school before fall term starts up!

I didnt get on the scales this morning because I know it wouldnt be accurate anyway since I am dehydrated. I will check tomorrow Have a great week girls.

Kelly
Old 09-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies!

I am still doing well with JUDDD. As of this morning, I am down 6.6 lbs. after two weeks. I am surprised at how easily I've adapted to the down days.

Wiz - how's your elbow? That sounds really painful. Another teacher at school has a big cast because she fell off her bike at the end of August and cracked her elbow.

Cindy - the shower sounds really nice. I'm sure everyone will have a good time.

Tina - I have never heard of those jeans, but I looked at their web site. I'm not sure they'd have anything for me. The kind I like are more like "mom jeans" , up to my natural waistline and with a relaxed fit for my fat thighs. I have at least 5 pairs of size 12s (3 of which have never been worn ) in my closet, but I reckon I'm still 15 lbs. away from being able to wear them. Maybe by Christmas... Hope your DD feels better soon. We have some kind of stomach bug going around and it hit me last night, and I thought I was going to have to stay home today, too.

Kelly - that dog is adorable. My grandparents had a Boston, and he was such a good dog. Enjoy your mini-vacation!

I have ironing to do before I have to go out and water the pots and the garden. It's still pretty hot here, although cooler at night (had to wear a sweater this morning!).

Have a great week, everyone.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #27
Queen Bargain Shopper

I'm going to Bon Jovi in October!!!!
His only stop in WI is Green Bay - how did that happen?
I said the only way I'd go is if it was a GNO. There are 7 of us going!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

I sooo did not want to do the c25k this morning. About 6 min into it I gave serious consideration to just stopping! I just kept thinking to myself skinnymeg (one of the blogs I read alot) is 12 weeks pregnant and she ran 12 miles this weekend. It got me through and I ended up doing the 31 min of c25k plus 19 additional min of walking.

DD went to school today for picture day so she must be feeling better. She laid (Ha! Luisa, don't flip out on me, I don't know if that the right laid/layed or not ) in bed all day yesterday.

Luisa - Ha! I hate a pair of jeans that come to or above my belly button. I always have even as a teenager. I used to wear Levi's a lot but since I've found these American Eagle ones ALL the Levi's are GONE! I swear they are soooo freaking comfortable. You feel better today?

Kel - I got the jeans at a pretty good price. Under $50 for two pair. I bought them when they had the whole store 40% off! How'd your lil guy do on his first full day?

Wiz - How was the fundraiser? Lots of great foods?

Cindy - Bon Jovi!? How cool is that!!

Tonight is a WM trip for some household necessities and a few grocies. Then DH has a meeting. Last night I sanded and stained a bookcase. Tonight I'm hoping to put the last coat of paint on another chair.

Happy Tuesday Beachers!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #29
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

I'm going to Bon Jovi in October!!!!
His only stop in WI is Green Bay - how did that happen?
I said the only way I'd go is if it was a GNO. There are 7 of us going!
Very Cool!! He's great in concert. I will tell you about my brush with Jon Bon Jovi....he and his wife Dorothea were in the same Hallmark store with me, shopping for Mother's Day cards!! I stood next to them in line. (They live in this area.) He's really short, but absolutely adorable. His wife is even tinier, and of course, quite pretty. But I like that she is his age, not some young thing.

Had a great time with my friends last night. I did have a tasting of lobster mac and cheese that was to die for!! Worth every carb and calorie. I tried lots of different stuff, but that was definitely the most decadent. Huge chunks of lobster in a creamy, cheese sauce. Yikes!

And thankfully they had the Eagles game on, so I could keep an eye on my team while socializing.

Tina, On the jeans front, I do like the Loft's jeans. But they can be pricey if not on sale or no coupon. But like Kelly, I also scrounge around Marshall's and other places for cheap jeans too. I may have to check out American Eagle, I'm not sure I have ever been in that store!

Luisa, my elbow is slowly getting better. Still completely unsightly, but at least I can sleep on it now. My girlfriends were teasing me last night because I was in this cute little dress with all these scabs and bruises.

Kelly, big step!! Meeting the family. I am sure it will go very well.

Busy work day ahead...have a good one!!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #30
Queen Bargain Shopper

Well, Wiz - I will share your Bon Jovi story with my friends!

Tina - good job on persevering - I sometimes feel like I can't go on and want to stop....and sometimes I do!

I don't have a fave jean - I have everything from Levi's to Merona to GAP, but Tina - I have heard people say that about AE jeans.

Off to work - and it's MUGLY today - Muggy + Ugly = Mugly. Last late night till 7!
Closed Thread