Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
UGH, jump in the scale today for no reason! Hate that! Of course, I'm going to keep on keeping on anyway!

Still doing really well. Loving my new polar FT4 watch! I LOVE seeing how many calories I burn during a workout!.

Gotta get busy with work!

Happy Thursday Beachers!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #62
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

Happy Birthday Cindy!!

So, confession time. I really am just stuck on the scale. And not at a good weight. Now that it's getting a little cooler and I put on some jeans, I can see that I definitely have some work to do. I need to lose about 7 to 8lbs. UGH!

Luisa, your success on JUDDD has been eye-opening. It makes me think that I need to change things up a bit. I do believe that if I was REALLY doing SB properly, I could probably drop these several lbs. But I have gotten kind of lazy on buckling down and sticking to plan. Maybe if I do something different, I will have more motivation to concentrate and work at my eating habits.

Tina, I wished you lived closer - I'd get you running in a few races with me!!

Kelly, glad you had a good time with all the family! I feel your pain on the weight gain thing. I am not a happy camper right now.

On the plus side, I have been pretty consistent with my exercise - even while on business travel. (What a hoot, running on the Strip in Vegas at 6 AM...seeing all the drunks, losers, prostitutes going home while I am virtuously out there exercising )

We have NO plans this weekend - no parties, no football games, no nothing. I'm going to get my Fall decorations out, and buy some Mums, pumpkins, etc. for the outside. Looking forward to just hanging out.

Finally, I feel like I am caught up with you all!

2014 Running Miles: 132
2014 Walking Miles: 105
2014 Biking Miles: 286
Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi everyone!

After a bit of bouncing the last few days, I am now down a total of 8.4 lbs. as of this morning (and yesterday was an up day, so I'm pretty happy about that). I have been getting better at doing my walking in the afternoon/evening now, as I've managed to do some every day this week (I am taking today off, though, because my foot with fasciitis needs a rest). The new DVDs that I got are a lot tougher than the ones I already had, and I kind of overdid it a couple days ago.

Cindy - Enjoy it, and don't worry about a few bites of goodies!

Tina - so how many calories DO you burn during your workouts? I would love to know that, too, especially on the ones that have me dripping sweat when I'm finished! How does it work?

Wiz - I can't say enough about how freeing this JUDDD experiment has been for me. I used to get so stressed about what I would be able to eat on special occasions or when I go out with friends, and then feel horribly guilty and like a failure if I ate something off plan (that's my perfectionist, all-or-nothing mentality). Now I just try to plan to have up days on these occasions. So far I haven't even been tracking my calories on up days, just down ones (when I stick to 500), although I try not to get too carried away. I've stuck to this for not quite 5 weeks now and so I'm averaging a little over 1.5 lbs. a week...and only "dieting" every other day. The 500 cal. days aren't too bad. I mostly have lean grilled meat or fish with veggies or salad (SB P1, basically!). I don't get headaches or feel drained or anything, either. I call that win/win!

Kelly - That was some place you stayed in on vacation! I enjoyed the pictures.

Our temperatures are finally expected to go down this weekend, AND it's supposed to rain! It will make doing laundry more challenging (no dryer!), but I don't even care about that. I am SO over this hot weather.

Hope you all have a great rest of the day today and a wonderful Friday!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Luisa - I did about 50 min workouts today and yesterday. Yesterday was 30 day shred and biking and I burned 452 calories. Today was c25k for 38 min and then some running/walking intervals and I burned 529. Tomorrow is shred and biking again so I'll be able to compare calories burned.

The watch I got is the Polar FT4 and it comes with a heart rate monitor that you wear around your upper chest. and it bases your calories burned on your heart rate. Its really pretty basic watch. There are lots of other things out there that record more information. But I am quite happy with this!

I've only got one more day of the C25K to go. Then I think I am going to try to increase my speed and distance a little. I'm "running" at 5 mph right now and I'd like to get it up to around 5.5-6.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #65
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
TGIF!
Happy Friday!

Tina and Luisa - nice job ladies!!! You are doing well with your woe and/or working out!!!!

Tina - that's a lot of calories! I probably only burn about 300 or so - tried running but it affects my knees. I still think I would benefit from some weights but not motivated to do it alone.

That is so interesting about JUUD Luisa - I agree with Wiz......makes ME think I should do something to shake things up - just don't know if I want to or not!

DH gone for his annual golf outing - DSIL is in the group, so DD26 will be hanging with me - I think we are doing a little shopping, crafting, and having dinner to celebrate my birthday one of the two nights.......

Have a good weekend all!!!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 09-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beacher Friends! TGIF!

I'm so over this week. Glad the weekend is here. Football game tonight. Out to my mamas to visit tomorrow. And do some chores for her since she is still not able to sit or move much without horrible pain. I've been working on trying to get her some kind of medical coverage so she can see the neurosurgeon! Been stressful to say the least.

Up this morning and worked out for an hour. 30 day shred and then some biking today.

Cindy - Hope you and DD have a great weekend! Whatcha's crafting?

Wiz - Ohhhhh, that would be so awesome! I'm going to have to try to find another program to follow because I need the structure to keep me going. I think they make me work harder!

Luisa - What new videos are you doing?

Kelly - We are about neck and neck with weight again! In my mind I'll be racing you!

TGIF Beachers TGIF
Old 09-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #67
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!

I saw a bit of movement down on the scale this morning, always a good thing. I've been slacking off on the daily weighing, and for me, that is not good. I need to face my weight every day and think about where I am at. So this week, regardless of how unhappy I am with the scale, I've been facing the music every day.

Luisa, I'm going to do some reading on your JUDDD plan. I need to figure out if I can make it work for me when I am doing a lot of consecutive days of business travel. I think it would be tough. And by the way, it is dry as a bone here. Not so hot anymore (~ 70 F during the day), but we haven't had any rain and there is none in the forecast. I am so darn tired of watering everything.

Cindy, sounds like a relaxing weekend. Enjoy!

Tina, it sounds like your Mom (and you!) is going through such a tough time. I hope you are able to get her some medical assistance.

Kelly, wow! You guys seem to be entertaining someone every weekend. That has to be exhausting...

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 09-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/195/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
Been busy at work today, I am glad its Friday!! I have to drive outta town to get DS14 after work and then home to get my house cleaned up and do some grocery shopping! Then I am sitting and drinking my wine and watching some tv

My sisters flight comes in at 230 tomorrow, so off to the airport, then a bucnh of family driving up on Sunday to go out for pizza and celebrate my nieces bday. Gonna be a busy weekend.

Only 1 more week till my school starts up again, just got my textbooks in the mail. Not looking forward to that lol.

Have a great weekend ladies,

Kelly
Old 09-30-2013, 05:12 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Crappy eating weekend.

I got up this morning and got in w8d2 of c25k, plus some extra intervals for a total of 60 minutes.

We have a JV football game tonight possibly. DS just texted me to say it was cancelled by they are trying to find them a replacement game. I can't say I'll be heartbroken if it ends up cancelled. Two games a week gets rough.

I cleaned for my mama this week to try to keep her from trying to do it. As long as she isn't doing anything (no steps, no mopping, no vacuuming etc) then the pain she is in is bareable. I got some paperwork completed and need to get it in today trying to get her some medical assistance. Fingers crossed that something works out.

Lets rock this week beachers!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/195/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Hi Girls,
Its a Monday, crappy weather outside and its end of month at work, so today will be crazy busy. I stayed up late so I could watch the finale of Breaking Bad, it was super good Not sure if anyone else watches that show, but I loved it.

Also if you have access to watch Netflix, check out a show called Orange is the new Black!! you will totally love it. Michael and I are hooked on it, there is only 1 season out, we have about 4 episodes left to watch I think. Gonna try and finish it this week.

We are kid free all week and the silence is a welcome change at my house lol. We have date night Wednesday, dinner and drinks then a hockey game, I cant wait

We are turning in 30 days notice tomorrow at our place, time to find a house!! My lil 2 bedroom condo is just way to small lol.

Eating is still off, and I have no motivation to do anything about it, I hate when I go through phases like this I do keep checking the scale though to make sure I stay in the 180s lol.

Have a great week ladies,

Kelly
Old 09-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #71
Queen Bargain Shopper

Kelly - I watched OINB and loved it. Watching series finale of BB right now.

After a week of parties, I am back to it and tracking.........ugh!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:41 AM   #72
Queen Bargain Shopper

SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 10 - It's October!
Closed Thread