Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttmom View Post
Good morning! I'll join! I would like to lose about 17 pounds by Oct 31. This would bring me to about 140. I'll check in often, looking forward to this! Have a great day everyone!
Glad to have you join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Good morning!

Lost .2 of a pound bringing me to 173.0.
Going down SLOWLY....
I will totally flip out if(no, WHEN) I get into the 160's. I have been trying to get out of the 170's for years.

Hope you all are doing well today.
You will hit the 160's during this challenge, LCL! I know it!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Cleaning my house will check in later.
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 242lbs am 196 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
I am in!! I need to lose 25 lbs just to get back to where I was... so Oct. 31st it is!! Started a coconut oil fast today..shooting for 4 days and then we'll see how I feel.
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: confusedtruffle
Stats: 165/TBA/125
WOE: VLC, Keto
Start Date: July 2012
HI EVERYONE!
I'm so new to these messageboards but would love to get connected with you all and do this challenge!

Hmm.. quick back story: I am in NK for the past week to kickstart and go VLC again (had success last Autumn and of course, January hits and I want all the carby things). SO, my goal is to crush what I did last year and go from 165 to 150 by the end of October!

I'm pretty active, never been a problem, it's totally the food. I'd love everyone's support and can't wait to get to know you all better! We're warriors of LC power!

Also, anyone have costumes (or ideas) this year? I was thinking of being something very ironic or unexpected... hmm..
confusedtruffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedtruffle View Post
HI EVERYONE!
I'm so new to these messageboards but would love to get connected with you all and do this challenge!

Hmm.. quick back story: I am in NK for the past week to kickstart and go VLC again (had success last Autumn and of course, January hits and I want all the carby things). SO, my goal is to crush what I did last year and go from 165 to 150 by the end of October!

I'm pretty active, never been a problem, it's totally the food. I'd love everyone's support and can't wait to get to know you all better! We're warriors of LC power!

Also, anyone have costumes (or ideas) this year? I was thinking of being something very ironic or unexpected... hmm..
Hi!! This the perfect place to get support and keep your goals in front of you. I am in the same boat.. lost 60 only to lose my way last winter and am just finding my way back..after gaining 20 lbs back. GRRRR!!! LOL I drifted away from the boards, and now know I need to check in daily and keep posting to stay on track. The 2 times I have strayed from posting and reading, I have gained. Lesson learned! Welcome.. Lizzie
Old 09-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: confusedtruffle
Stats: 165/TBA/125
WOE: VLC, Keto
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by easwann View Post
Hi!! This the perfect place to get support and keep your goals in front of you. I am in the same boat.. lost 60 only to lose my way last winter and am just finding my way back..after gaining 20 lbs back. GRRRR!!! LOL I drifted away from the boards, and now know I need to check in daily and keep posting to stay on track. The 2 times I have strayed from posting and reading, I have gained. Lesson learned! Welcome.. Lizzie
Hi Lizzie
It's all about the journey, so happy to be able to have a resource to meet and chat with others who are going through the same thing!
I'll definitely look forward to hearing from you over the next 2 months! I think we all are so excited for each other haha!
confusedtruffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: RiotGirl08
Quote:
HI EVERYONE!

A pregnant nun
Won me first place
RiotGirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Hola amigas. Nothing to report. Trying not to weigh again until Sunday. Looooong night ahead of me at the place of biz, so just checking in real quick trying to stay accountable. Hopefully be back tomorrow to actually read and respond!
Have a great one y'all
Old 09-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Hey all!!!! Sorry I didn't check in over the weekend but I was in the mountains and we don't have great internet reception there. It takes too long to access the site from my phone :/! Hope you all had a good weekend. Still on plan here and excited for this new challenge. I am hoping to be down another 15 by mid October so we'll see!

Welcome to all the new people! Hey to all the old ones!!

riot - welcome back! We always miss you when you're gone!

194.7 was my weight today
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am in!! I need to lose 25 lbs just to get back to where I was... so Oct. 31st it is!! Started a coconut oil fast today..shooting for 4 days and then we'll see how I feel.
Yay! So glad to have you with us. Have you done a coconut oil fast before? And if so, what kind of results do you usually see? I'm intrigued!

Quote:
HI EVERYONE!

Happy that you are joining us! I think you can DEFINITELY reach your goal of 150 by the end of October! As for costumes...hmmm...let me think on this and I'll get back to you with some ideas. I love Halloween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
Cleaning my house will check in later.
Amity, come clean mine too when you're done! I need to get a steamer mop for my floors to make it easier on me since my entire first floor is tiled. Anyone have a steamer mop that they love?

Quote:
Totally agree with you. Whenever I drift away from the boards...that's when I put on significant weight. So if I disappear...you guys know to send out a search and rescue team cause I'm probably drowning at the bottom of a gallon of ice cream.

Quote:
Hi Lizzie
It's all about the journey, so happy to be able to have a resource to meet and chat with others who are going through the same thing!
I'll definitely look forward to hearing from you over the next 2 months! I think we all are so excited for each other haha!
I agree! I'm totally excited for everyone on this thread. It seems we are all highly motivated to lose right now. It's sooo much easier when everyone around you is motivated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGirl08 View Post
Hola amigas. Nothing to report. Trying not to weigh again until Sunday. Looooong night ahead of me at the place of biz, so just checking in real quick trying to stay accountable. Hopefully be back tomorrow to actually read and respond!
Have a great one y'all
That's funny, I just told myself I'm gonna try not to weigh again until Sunday too. I get too emotional if the scale doesn't go down...and clearly I'm an emotional eater. No need to torture myself. I'm sure we'll both see losses by Sunday though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
Hey all!!!! Sorry I didn't check in over the weekend but I was in the mountains and we don't have great internet reception there. It takes too long to access the site from my phone :/! Hope you all had a good weekend. Still on plan here and excited for this new challenge. I am hoping to be down another 15 by mid October so we'll see!

Welcome to all the new people! Hey to all the old ones!!

riot - welcome back! We always miss you when you're gone!

194.7 was my weight today
Belle, you're doing awesome! Can't believe how close you are to the 180's!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, this thread has been hopping today! I love it!

So, I got through another day cheat free! Yay! I wasn't even hungry most of the day until about an hour ago when I started craving sweets. I had some coffee with sugar free pumpkin syrup and now I'm totally fine. I'll probably go to sleep early today so that I don't get any late night cravings like I usually get.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
everyone....today was the day from hell (work wise) but I got up and ran this morning and played 9 games of tennis tonight with DD.

everyone...this is great!!!
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Fatnomore... I haven't done the coconut oil fast before, just read the book last night and decided today was the day. I will let you know how I feel after a couple of days. Felt fine today, cant stand eating it plain, so I blended the oil into my coffee this morning and then my tea the rest of the day. I am hoping it helps my arthritis inflammation.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #44
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
You will hit the 160's during this challenge, LCL! I know it!

From your lips to my hips, FF!
(Wait... That sounds odd)
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
everyone....today was the day from hell (work wise) but I got up and ran this morning and played 9 games of tennis tonight with DD.

everyone...this is great!!!
OMG Beach, you are amazing!!!! I wish I could get active like you. I just HATE it so much. lol I go in spurts (sp?)....I'll be great for a few weeks, sometimes even a few months, and then I stay sedentary for months. Great job on your 9 games of tennis though. You are an inspiration.

Quote:
Fatnomore... I haven't done the coconut oil fast before, just read the book last night and decided today was the day. I will let you know how I feel after a couple of days. Felt fine today, cant stand eating it plain, so I blended the oil into my coffee this morning and then my tea the rest of the day. I am hoping it helps my arthritis inflammation.
I'm a huge believer of the benefits of coconut oil so I'm really hoping this fast works for you! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Hi Kitty Kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post

From your lips to my hips, FF!
(Wait... That sounds odd)
hahahahha, that does sound odd. I'll cheer you on from here and keep my lips away from your hips.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

Still waiting for TOM to show up....it's 2 days late. My hunger is under control again though, so that's good. *knock on wood* that it lasts.

Not even gonna lie and say that I'll be exercising today, lol, but I will say that my calories will remain low and I will be drinking tons of coffee and water today.

Hope everyone else has a great day!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in. Tired. Just want to bed in bed, not working 13 hours. I'll be back by tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Morning,

Done workout. Laundry rest of the day, maybe finishing up some painting, and orthodontist appt later for daughter.

Lunch will be a grilled chicken salad.

Beach if you get a steam mop let me know how it works. I have tile in the kitchen and front hallway. I have been tossing that idea around for a bit now.
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

KITTTEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi.... <3

Beach.. I will be interested in hearing how the steam mop works also..

Day 1 of the coconut oil fast done.. I feel really good. Part of the reason I wanted to do this was to simply get my mind off of food, I seemed to be slipping something into my mouth every 15 minutes. Standing with the door open to the fridge like the kids do.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Just a quick check in for me today.... Still no whoosh but it's coming, I KNOW IT lol! low cal day for me today so I'll have a shake for breakfast and dinner. I'll try to check in later....
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tttmom
Stats: 8/27/14...166.6/161.3/125
WOE: Whole30 as of 8/27/14
Good afternoon everyone! Still waiting on my whoosh too, just focusing on eating clean. Will check in tomorrow and hopefully by then the scale will move
tttmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #53

Hubby loves his (yes, his! ) steam mop. DD2 bought him one last Christmas.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Which one is it Kitty?
Old 09-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #55

Had to look! LOL

Shark
Old 09-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #56

Now, does he mop to do his part, or to "help" me with "woman's" work? Noooooo! He's just so anal! He only can do it right! LOL
Old 09-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Now, does he mop to do his part, or to "help" me with "woman's" work? Noooooo! He's just so anal! He only can do it right! LOL
Are you Bi***ing or bragging???? lol
Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
hahahahahahhahhahah
Old 09-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #59

Quote:

If it were only that, I'd be bragging! he told me to wipe my feet the other day.....seriously!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006

hi everyone....my hellish week is over and here's to a good weekend
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote