Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-

I've been waking up before my alarm clock for a while. Today I didn't immediately open my email I came here first. I'm feeling a little less crazy as things are rolling at the moment.

The booster treasurer and I were hoping to have 35-40 boys on the combined roster, we have 50! It's a nice problem to have, but new parents require a little more hand holding. We have a few mommies that are a little high maintenance as is and we added a few more that I can tell will need extra attention. (DH suggested I put them all together, that would actually be a bad plan)
Most of our new moms (& dads) are super and its nice to have new smiling happy faces with lots of energy!

Jenn, hang in there! Like you, my best weight is a little higher, around 120-125. I'm a little taller than most of us though and I will always have bigger legs because I have good muscle tone there.

Cindy, I love most of it, but I am ready to pass the torch on the parent group. I have a good board and an awesome VP, so I know it will be in good hands when I leave next year. I do get a little burn out with the parent group, but mostly its because it overlaps all the sports stuff and it gets a little overwhelming at the beginning of the school year. It will settle in soon.
Your DD is gorgeous btw (as we all knew she would be!)

Debbie, I love the pic you posted of the new living room. It looks so clean and fresh! We talked about putting our tv above the fireplace, but we do use our fireplace all winter and the shape of the room didn't really work with the tv over the fireplace either.

MK, I would be starving, but then again, when I'm super busy sometimes I forget to eat so maybe not.
Any updates from Rome?

Becky, Cory must be a good guy if John is wanting to take him along next year.
I hope Gracie had a good start to preschool. I'm sure she had a fun day!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Got Gracie did a bit today then were getting Chinese carry out (delivered)

My new little freezer is going to be delivered between 230-430. Kim's is 5 cu ft... Mine is just like here only a 7 cu ft. I've wanted one for so long, we don't need a regular size one.

Kim's going to PA next weekend to meet Cory's family so I have pickup both tomorrow and next Friday. Grace gets out at 11 and Alyssa gets out at 230.

I organized my kit last night and still have more to do. Man, there's. LOT of jewelry. I meant to stop at Walmart on my way home and totally forgot. I had my mind filled with getting a space cleared out of the garage for the freezer and it slipped my mind.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #33
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Cindy - I'm growing out a little here too.
Then hopefully pick a new style.
And no, yesterday's menu wasn't very balanced at all!!
But I was 115.8 this morning!
It probably won't stick, I did eat more normally today.
With the IBS sometimes it's easier just not to eat!

Becky - that's great about Cory!! And meeting the family!!

Kelly - DS21 has posted lots of pictures and seems to be doing well.
They have an orientation meeting for the entire weekend coming up and he seems to be enjoying it!
Thanks for asking!

Good luck with the high maintenance parents! Helicopter parents?

Jenn - I have so much to do around the house and I'm never home!
I'm hoping to be here tomorrow and actually get something done!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
MK, that is a big drop in one day.

Long day here. Ended up going to celebrate a friends birthday after 6:30 race committee meeting. Had one glass of wine and no dinner.

Tomorrow:9am PT
1:30pm clubhouse to work on volunteer and medical race things. 3pm MRI. 5 pm off to pack up fridge and bring food to new house and do whatever else they need.

Mirsa has strep. Don't think she accomplished much today so a lot still needs to be done.
She had to leave work early and take tomorrow off too. She wasn't planning on it. Isabella stepping at her aunts tomorrow because they move Saturday.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #35
Princess Proofreader

Debbie - I know! I was shocked!!
Hopefully it will stabilize now.

Poor Mirsa!!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:07 AM   #36

MK, for the longest time I didn't think anything under 120 would sick. Then my weight dropped to 118 and that is where I pretty much stay. I am on Prednisone but not getting the usual hunger with it. My goal is a range and not having to diet the rest of my life. I just make good choices most of the time. I am so busy now I should be lower because I haven't been eating great or enough.

Cindy, is this the baby shower weekend???

Becky, sounds like Kim is in a good relationship if she is going to meet his family.

Kelly,you looked great when I saw you. You didn't look the least bit heavy!!

Jenn, hope back to school going well. Probably nice to have quiet time in the house. You still eating gluten free?? I have been for one year. I think it is part of the reason my weight is stable and lower. I eat less junk.

Kaye, hope you are well and checking in even if you don't have time for your excellent posts.

I better get up and get ready for PT. I need to run to the bank too.

I am stressing about Sundays race. It is supposed to get warm. Heat means I could have runners sick or down. I have a great plan and volunteers but don't wan runners getting into trouble or dying.

A runner died last weekend at the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll Half. I have really good volunteers and medical presence along the course but I stress!!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #37
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
TGIF!
I never have looked forward to the weekends as much as I do lately!
And it's hard to get everything done that I need to do around here with how tired I am at night!

Last night ran to Fleet Farm for ingredients for diy cement planters. My friend at work is going to make them for me this weekend AND she is collecting all kinds of hens and chicks for the planters for centerpieces for shower tables.......SO AGAIN, we are changing things up.

DH said DD didn't need to come home again this weekend (he gets so frustrated with her dogs), but I said yes she does - we have a lot to do this weekend. She wanted to go on a motorcycle ride with DH and take some pics, but I told her if she is coming home, we are working on shower stuff and getting it all done.

So Debbie - to answer your question - NEXT Saturday is the shower!
Good luck with the race on Sunday!

to all; off and running1

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 09-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #38

I hear you on being busy Cindy!!

The shower will be really special. I guess I didn't make anything for Mirsa's. I had it in my house and had tons of food and decorations but nothing I couldn't buy I at Party City.

I am not a creative person or a good party giver. My kids never had home birthday parties. My house isn't a good party house.

Billy's will be since it is more open.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, is that the girl from Miamisburg, OH that died at the race? If it is they called here to see if I could call John (no cell use where he is) and see if the girls that work for him could take a 1/2 day off to be with their coworker/friend cuz it was the niece of someone that works at his (not his but u know what I mean) company. I told them I couldn't get ahold of him and they said they would ask next in line (which the could have anyway, don't know why they were calling him when he was off. Probably cu when we go on vacation he checks in but he can't now which is why I love this trip for him). The whole story is sad. I hope were talking about the same story cu we don't need 2 runners that died!!!

Speaking of... 2 weeks from tomorrow til the Air Force marathon. Kim's friend is getting shirts made (Team Kim) for John, me, Alyssa and Gracie and Cory and Noah. I thought that was sweet of her. She was the one that introduced Kim to brad but she's sorry so she's off the hook!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #40

Excited about Kim's marathon.

Don't know about runner who died in VA Beach.

I just want a smooth day Sunday with no one dying.

Did PT. working on core muscles and did get to ride bike for 10 minutes I think. I did 3.5 miles but no tension. Guess I will go up to the gym and do some on my non PT days. Once I get through this week and maybe next. So much going on.

Off to club house for more organizing, packing and first of two vans loading. Then MRI then College Park.

No time to eat. I should be losing weight.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, it's a guy that died at VA Beach.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #42
Princess Proofreader

Everyone sounds so busy!
I've spent the day eating too little, worrying about DD29's BF who is at Barnes Jewish in St Louis getting fluid drained out of his spine, exercising, walking the dog and finally eating real food about 7:00.

I need to go to bed.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Had a Cub Scout Committee meeting tonight. I'm pooped. We are going to try and watch the launch tonight. Another half hour or so to go, but I am ready for bed. Have a show and sell tomorrow morning and first I have to go by the Scout Shop and pick up a few awards. Hopefully they will have them!

Debbie-yes, still gluten free. I find I feel much better. I also do not eat meat or grains (though I will eat a spoonful of baked beans now and then...very rare) Trying now to cut down on sugar.

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 09-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

MK... So worried about u! Take care of yourself, I think everyone will agree that u mean a lot to us shorties!

Still organizing my jewelry, have another order coming this week sometime and then that's it for me for a while. I got $200 did doing a show and I turned it back for more jewelry but I have plenty to do a good show now I'd only I could get some scheduled. I have one on the 14th, I hope it is a good one and I get more booked from my hostess.

Going to see if mom wants to do an early dinner tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-
It's the calm before the storm this morning. DS16 is at practice and DH is enjoying his Saturday morning run. I think I'll pull out the jump rope in a little bit. Its going to be HOT again today!

Debbie, thanks for the compliment. I've maintained (and been happy about it) the same weight since just before we moved here in 2005, I like my curves, but I just finally decided I'm really actually happier a little lower, so...

I've done a ton of kid parties at our house, but I never really decorated after they were really little. I kind of decided, they're boys, they don't care (I did) so who was I planning the party for. It took a lot of the pressure off and I got to the point that I could plan a very fun kid party on the fly. I think the best one we had was the last day of 5th grade for DS16. I still hear his friends mention it occasionally. I had about 40 or 50 kids in my backyard and I couldn't get them to leave when I was ready for the party to end and the food was almost gone. (I did it as a potluck party, I think all I had to do was get ice for the drinks and provide the paper products and the cooler that the drinks went into)

Cindy, the shower will be fabulous! Your grandson will be quite the lucky little guy!

Becky, I'm sure you are having fun playing (organizing) with your Lia Sophia stuff.

Jenn, I've been mostly gf for a really long time and its amazing how much worse I feel when something sneaks in.

MK, I hope your DD's friend is okay. and
Old 09-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #46
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

I haven't heard from DD29 yet - I hope they had a good night at the hospital. Guess I should find my phone!

Holding steady at 115.8 - and hoping it doesn't go any lower!

Jenn - good job on staying GF!! AND keeping away from all the GF junk food! Just like when LC started and then people gained weight!

Becky - Sounds the the jewelry is going well!!! Be sure to wear it yourself so people can ask where you got it! And sell it to them right off your neck if they want it and then get them to book a party!!

Kelly - I agree! Spontaneous parties where everyone gets to enjoy themselves are the best kind!!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Waiting for John to get home. I hate the waiting around part and he never calls til he leaves his brothers house. And even then sometimes his cell is dead and that's usually when he forgot his charger.&
Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

G'affernoon! Where is everyone?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #49
Princess Proofreader

Hi
It's a lazy day . . . .
Old 09-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #50
Queen Bargain Shopper

Busy weekend.
DH and I went on the best ride Saturday - in the country, and the views were breathtaking.....farms all over the place, and they were gorgeous......lots of farmers working in the fields......very relaxing.

DD and DSIL came over for dinner Saturday night, DH left for Nashville yesterday, so DD and I hung out, got shower stuff done, and I got a few new fall things.....had a gift card, % off and sales, so did well.....plus I figured a couple things I got, they will really be "birthday" gifts. Inlaws and parents give me $$ and I couldn't pass up the deal and miss out on my sizes, so bought early!

Kelly - I love jump roping.........and hula hooping! And yes, my little guy is going to be spoiled and I can't wait!

MK - Hope DD's BF fared well.......when does DS come home?

Debbie - glad race went well!

Hi Jenn!!!

Becky - John make it home?

Off to work today, busy week for sure. Punits arrive Thursday, it's DH and I's anniversary, so they are taking us out for dinner......shower on Saturday!!!

Happy Monday all!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #51

Survived the weekend. Between the race and the move I have been crazy busy. Have helped the kids a lot!

The race was great. I had a wonderful team. I was very organized but will try to do it even better next year. There were a lot of runners in the tent and one went to hospital but was discharged.

Also went over to new house last night. Brought pizzas left from volunteer unpacking at club house. Unpacked some more for them. Got to see Isabella. DH ran to grocery for them.

DH and I took today off. We need it. My back needs it. I feel better but really have overdone it.

I know we have errands today. I have so much catching up to do. I have a busy week.

I have lost more weight and wonder how my dress fitting is going to go tomorrow. No way I will stay 117.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #52
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Debbie - wow what a weekend! I'm sure you're glad it's over!

I deliberately tried NOT to exercise on Sunday - I pretty much read City of Bones all day.
Great book! Now I want to see the movie!
It worked, and I gained a pound.
I'm going to try to stick at 116.8 - I finally felt human again after feeling horrible all day Saturday.

Cindy - another busy week for you? You need a rest!!! What did you buy?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #53
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - DS21 will be home around December 14 . . . . if that's the DS you mean!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #54

MK, I like 117-119. I tend to be 119. Used to accept 122-123. Now if I get to 122 I diet.

I try on wedding day dress for fitting tomorrow. She made it a hair too tight. It should be fine.

DH and I took today off. Stayed in bed late. We needed it. Went to bed at 8 last night. Was woken up by Sarah DS22's GF at 10 for medical issue. I was disoriented. They are coming for dinner. DS's suit came in to Jos. A. Banks so need to get tailored.

On our way to College Park now. Got some organization things for kitchen cabinets at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Used my last two 20% off coupons.

Tomorrow I have PT, dressmaker and trip to wedding venue. It is over an hour away.

I also need to thank all my volunteers.
Got my expense report filled out so I could get reimbursed today. Had DH's receipts too. We both have big volunteer jobs for the race. In two years he will be race director and he will have a credit card for the race.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #55
Queen Bargain Shopper

I'm going to Bon Jovi in October!!!!
His only stop in WI is Green Bay - how did that happen?
I said the only way I'd go is if it was a GNO. There are 7 of us going!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #56
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - sounds like fun!

Debbie - I can't believe how awful I felt at 115! Maybe just because it was new . . . I'll try to be good again this week and see what happens.

Can't wait to see your dress!
Old 09-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #57
Queen Bargain Shopper

I am so excited about Bon Jovi!!!

Tuesday and late day....last week till 7! Have a few things to do around here and then heading out to run a couple errands before work and during lunch.

Ok, this has never happened before, but one side of my hair is shorter than the other! First time since my cut AND my stylist did it, that I wore it straight......I think I have to find somewhere this morning to trim it up. She's not in till this afternoon!

Debbie - what's the date of the wedding again?
Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #58

Wedding is October 20.

I have PT at 9. Then dress fitting. Then off to venue.

Tomorrow work only 4. Should add 4 to make up some for the 8 I didn't work yesterday but..

Had dinner with DS22 and his GF last night after we went to store for suit alterations.

Lots of money being spent with wedding coming.

I get my haircut Thursday but like it so it will just be a trim and texturing.
Timed it so I got one more cut before wedding.

Have to switch gears on focus on wedding now.

Do have a cousins sons Bar Mitzvah Seotember 28 and my mom coming for 5 days.

Better get ready for PT. I do exercise there but nothing like my runs.

Cindy,is there someone at salon you trust to fix your hair??

MK, I have been jittery the last week or so when I haven't had time to eat. It may have been the Prednisone though.

Kelly, your fund raiser sounds like a fabulous idea. I read about it on FB.

Becky, how did it go when Kim went to meet her boy friends family?

Jenn, what gluten free bread do you like or do you completely skip bread?? I need PB and J for some Perrin meals and quick lunch. Plus DH makes me great BLTs for dinner sometimes. I like gluten free bread toasted but not so much out of the bag. Wondering if I am not getting the best option. I use Udi's. I hated Rudi's .

Kaye??
Old 09-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-
I had a nice enjoyable morning yesterday. A friend had several ladies over for "tea" (or brunch whatever you want to call it) We had mimosas and yummy other things. (other than the mimosas, I had fruit, quiche, bacon, and a teeny piece of her dutch baby and left the muffins and breads alone, yeah me! so not gf, but not horrible either) We talked and laughed and had a great visit!

Debbie, We are excited about our fundraiser. This is the first time we've done something like this, but it is such a great idea!
With a shorter hairstyle, it definitely makes a difference postponing (or not) a haircut.

Cindy, I have a hula hoop too and I use it from time to time. It's fun. Sometimes, DS16 and I will see who can go longer (I always win that one) and its hilarious.
Bon Jovi will be a blast! Jealous!

MK, I started a very sad nonfiction book about the leper colony in Hawaii. It's really interesting, but I need to just finish it. Other than that, I've been binge watching tv series. I'm rewatching Scandal, season 2 on Netflix before season 3 comes out on Hulu the first week of Oct. and I started Supernatural from the beginning and there are a gazillion episodes of that one, and I started Dirty Sexy Money on Hulu (there are only 2 seasons and it was cancelled so I know that one will have an end point about the time the new fall seasons start)

Becky, hope John made it home okay!

Jenn and Kaye, hope you are both hanging in there, pop in, we miss you!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #60
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hump day!

And check out DD23's maternity shoot of DD and DSIL on FB!
Closed Thread