Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yes, they arrived last Friday.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I hope you’re all having fun! Don’t forget to come back afterwards .
Old 11-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #183

I seem to be eating and drinking for England……… I'll need to come back.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You’ll sort that out afterwards. Have a lovely time.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Vicky and Cindy: enjoy your time together!!!!

Ailuros: you still doing your fasting? How's it going?

Everyone else? Anyone? Hope you are all well!

I'm missing Juno and quite a few more! I'm going to have to FB Juno to ask her to come pop in and see how she's doing....

Here, all is well. I have a physiotherapist with magic hands, really! Since finding out my pelvis is all crooked and my phisio pushing it back in its proper place it feels as if I've been unlocked. Of course, I still have back pain, but I feel it is manageable and truly do see a light at the end of the tunnel! I am sleeping through the night!!!! I can sit and not feel like I'm never going to be able to stand up again and my mood has vastly improved, BF is very happy he doesn't have Grumpy GF anymore!

Got my brother and his GF coming to stay with us this weekend, so that should be fun. Got nothing huge planned, but I'm sure we'll be cooking up a storm , so I'm happy I have no DD's on weekends, LOL!

It's a DD today, third one this week and third one in a very looooong time, and so far I've coped really well back on my rotations. I am feeling good too. So nothing much planned for food, just dinner:

3 eggs scrambled in a TB of CO, topped with 2 TB grated parmesan and a pat of mustard butter (2tsp of dijon mustard with 1 TB of kerrygold mushed together). I'll have saurkraut as a veggie side... Comes to 520 cals, and keeps my macros in the right percentages.

Well, that's it for this week from me, have a lovely weekend everyone, see you back here on Monday!

xx Mims

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Old 11-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wonderful to be making such good progress with your back, Mimosa!

Yes, I’m still doing, not exactly fasting, but eating very little every other day. Not as low as the JUDDD calculator said I should go. The loss is slowing down now, but I suppose that’s normal. I saw another new low this morning, so it’s still moving. 8st 11.4 (123.4).

I’ve been thinking about how to do maintenance, but as it’s slowing down, by the time you factor in a few times when we have holidays or visitors, I may end up just doing much the same as I am now. That would be OK. It’s not hard to do.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Hey hey I'm back. Lovely break in the Canaries but weather very mixed. However warm rain is better than cold rain. Need to knuckle down again as 3lbs up !!! Though 1lb gone this morning so phew. DD home for weekend so trying to keep clean eating for both of us but with DH around tho its a nightmare.

Glad that you getting some relief Mimosa and that physio has got to bottom of your problem. It only takes one part of our body to be off balance to affect other parts. Let's hope physio continues to work your pelvis back into place. Your sleep good too yay. Have nice weekend with your family. Juno obviously really busy but yes please give her a poke lol

Ailuros you are doing great with weight loss. But understand what you saying about maintenance. Maybe just stick with what you are doing at the moment.

Hope you has fab time kissa and Vicky and keeping each other on the food straight and narrow.

Hi to everyone else reading.

Oh and ps nails not so sore now. Still weak and thin but it'll take time for them to grow stronger. I've been taking biotin as you suggested mimosa and rubbing oil and cream into them regularly every day. So hopefully they will recover ok. I am not going to miss the expense of the maintenance lol

Last edited by lola5k; 11-09-2013 at 12:53 AM..
Old 11-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice to see you back again, Lola.

With a few visitors lined up and then Christmas, I’ll definitely need to keep on track in between times for now. I’d like to lose another 10 lbs or so anyway, so it’s going to be at least a few more months before I have to make any decisions about changing things.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Wow its quiet on here.

I.m still here but seem to be struggling...up 3lbs from holidays and not gone down yet!!

I somehow put my neck and shoulder out on Sunday...DD gave me a beating up and yesterday as in agony but little better today...with you Mimosa on the pain killers and ibuprofin lol.

Hope everyone all OK.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone!

Sorry, got busy and forgot to pop in and say hi!

Lola, hope your neck and shoulder gets better soon!

I'm doing pretty good, my physio is a miracle worker! Got tons of stretches and exercises I need to do, and I am rebounding again too. She suggested a kundalini yoga class as well. So I'm looking into a local class or I'll get a beginners DVD and see how I go...

Nothing much else to report here, so here's my menu:

B: creme fraiche with almond butter, cocoa powder and EVCO
L: chicken caesar's salad (small) from Dean & David with a little feta
D: leftover cauliflower and liver and heard meatloaf. I'll probably heat it in the oven with a little cheese on top, a bit like shepard's pie.. (without the mash, peas, and stodgy sauce, LOL)

xxx Mims
Old 11-16-2013, 01:58 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello. How are you all getting on?

My weight loss is going slowly now, but it’s still going down, and I’m wearing so many clothes that it doesn’t show anyway!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Ailuros Excellent work.

Me I.m still doing the usual up 1lb down 1lb I think I am beginning to think that is my body and that's all it will now do. Maybe this is my set weight. I don't know.

Busy weekend out with DS for birthday last night...eating was clean though...salad and more salad lol.

Looking at first time property purchases for him too today...scary prospect but only he can really decided in the end I guess. Gotta be better than the shed load of rent he is paying monthly.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
hi everyone thought i would pop in to update u all

am struggling both healthwise and dietwise. had no option but to go on the HRT but unfortunately it made me quite sick so have now changed to another brand so will see how that goes. arms are still very bad and am due back at the consultant and of course the back is same ole. was given morphine patches to try and whist everything didnt hurt they made me so nauseous and gave me migraines!!! cant flipping win

consequently diet has gone to pot altho have been back eating clean for 2 weeks i reckon i probably have gained a stone and half, i feel such a flipping failure gaining so much. despite the 2 weeks i dont feel i am losing so whether thats HRT related i dont know but i will carry on

sorry to be such a downer, i am glad u are all doing so well

x
Old 11-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don’t feel like a failure, Shy. I gained back everything I’d lost (about 2 stones) and it wasn’t until the menopause stuff at least settled down a bit that I could muster the slightest energy to do anything about it. I didn’t do HRT, but I’m not sure that was the best decision, and if I’d had to do anything like hold down a job or care for children I definitely would have had to do something different. If you can get the right hormone mix, I’m sure you’ll be able to deal with the weight. Don’t beat yourself up!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks ailuros. i wasnt going to go the HRT route but with the other problems all flaring i couldnt cope with the continual hot flushes and wasnt sleeping. the doc suggested it and i grabbed it like a drowing man!!

still on inducton despite a dinner party and cooking the xmas cake yesterday so am quite proud of myself, still dont feel i am losing but am too scared to weigh myself
x
Old 11-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope that with some help for your hormones all the rest starts to be more manageable!

I’m still getting some hot flushes, but only two to four a day, and generally nothing at night. I sometimes feel really lightheaded when they strike though.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Sending hugs Shy. If the HRT makes you feel better take it...why should you suffer?? That b****y M word...its a nightmare for some and others just sail through..not our luck. I think I am kinda out of the worst now..thank god I didn't get too many flushes but my mood swings at the moment are something else so maybe I am not clear!!

I read something the other day which said when you mess up your diet don't get back on the wagon the next day do it now!! And that is what you have done. So its no use worrying about what has happened with your weight just keep on induction. You did it before over Xmas before and only had tiny spoon of Xmas pud so you can do it again. We are with you. Try to leave it a week before you weigh but I think it might help keep you on track once you see the scales going down!

My children are only here for Xmas Day so I am thinking not to buy very much food then we won't be pushed into eating it all up. I don't want to put on loads of weight..I don't lol. xxx AND as I always say "its only one day".

Last edited by lola5k; 11-18-2013 at 12:53 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #198

Hi everyone, back from Ireland and trying to get life back in order. 3 pounds up is a miracle, I deserved much worse.

Shy I am so sorry that you are going through such a bad time. HRT really helped me, I hope they can find one that suits you.

Try not to worry about whether the weight is coming off just now, if you keep on with your clean LC eating your body will thank you for it soon enough. That extra poundage will go, you know that LC works for you and the recipes you have always used will do the trick again. The Christmas Baileys for one!

Having a DD today after 2 weeks so I am really enjoying it. Hope I see a reward on the scales tomorrow.

Vicky is away overnight and leaves for Oman on Saturday

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 11-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lola, I think I’m at the same stage as you — past the worst, but still dealing with some stuff!

Kissa, lovely to see you again. Enjoy the rest of your time with Vicky, & those three pounds will come off in no time once you get back to your normal pattern.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #200

You are doing really well LOla, I want to get back under 9 stone before Xmas!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I want to get far enough down that I can stay under 9 stone while we spend a fortnight with my parents.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks everyone for your support i will stick with it i feel better even if i dont feel slimmer. no way i will weiigh i am just TOO scared of what it might say

another dinner party on thusday but will try and stay strong, they do know i lowcarb which is a help

x
Old 11-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

I want to get to 10 stone and stay there lol. Although I can see from clothes etc that I have lost weight so maybe its all the gym work and working out that I do building muscle (who am I kidding lol)

Cindy you will lose 3lbs in the grand scheme of things that's a little blip.
You also done so well Ailuros.

I agree with Kissa Shy about the HRT...once you find the one that suits it will be a miracle worker..it did, as you know suit me for 5 months but then my body is difficult it wasn't having any more of it lol.

Well keep away from the scales for a little while but if you can find the courage it may really keep you motivated to keep going. Although I know that you can keep to it cos like Kissa said all the recipes that you have etc. A difficult socializing and eating time for us all is difficult ahead. But together we will do it and go into the New Year feeling good about ourselves.

Last edited by lola5k; 11-19-2013 at 01:30 AM..
Old 11-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
I am fat! Isn't the first step admitting it?

Funnily enough I lost 3lbs in Ireland - more walking than I'm used to! Looking forward to eating properly again - but having way too much fun!!

Haven't read everything properly - so a quick wave to all, and hope you are doing okay!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #205

And beautiful.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi All!

Shy: so sorry you are having more problems. Sending lots of good thoughts and hope you will feel better soon!

Ailuros:Hope all is well and the scales are still moving down.

Lola: I think your outlook on Christmas is a good one. I intend not to eat anything off plan and just eat 'normal' amounts. It's not as if it's the end of the world when I don't have christmas pudding or brandy butter, LOL!

Cindy and Vicky: Sounds like you had a fab time! Saw some pictures on FB and I thought you both looked great!

Everyone else not posting at the moment: Hi! Hope you are well!

Here, not much to report. Back is still sore and I'm still working hard with the physio and doing my exercises every morning too. It does seem to help and a lot of the accute pain is almost gone. I do think I've still got a long way to go!

Work is crazy busy at the moment, so I'm not doing much else.

Here's the menu for today:

B: creme fraiche, coconut oil, almond butter
L: salad with smoked salmon and buffalo mozarella
D: leftovers or omelette, haven't decided yet.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #207

Mimosa, sorry you are still suffering with your back, I guess it will take time for the treatment and exercise to make more of a difference.

Back on track today, and just not at all hungry which is great.

Gym tomorrow for a Body Combat class I expect to suffer afterwards.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

whizzing by as work beckons

No new losses to report. But still sticking in there at least not gaining.

DH and I went for a spa day yesterday and it was lush. He couldn't believe how fantastic having a facial was lo. Admit though I have only ever had a couple.

Think he is going to become high maintenance now lol.

Hope everyone is well. Hugs Shy, Mimosa, Ailuros and all those back, arm and join sufferers. I can be in that club at times. Mimosa pain killers don't help with the weight loss either do they.

Hi Blotto, Mint, Jan and whoever else reading. What has happened to Blondie?

speak laters
Old 11-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone.

I am going to try to stick with protein only this week to see if I can at least shift a couple of pounds. I am just getting nowhere. Not really putting on but not losing either and I would be so much happier if I could lost just half a stone.

I am beginning to wonder if its the medication that I take at night for my sleeping which is the hindrence. I hate to blame medications for any kind of weight deviation but I am sticking to plan so why isn't it working. I work out at the gymj 4/5 times a week. Never eat chocolate, cake, biscuits, bread or any kind of carbs really so something in the equation is not right.

Anyways onwards and downwards hopefully.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:09 AM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all!

I don't have much to report here. All is well, back is slowly improving with each day and each visit to the physio.

I've now lost over 20lbs, so slow and steady wins the race!

xxx Mims
Closed Thread