Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Please remind me why we bought a new boiler last February...Oh yes so that it wouldn't break down and we would have a trouble free winter with the central. heating...

Currently no heating, no hot water (cold shower from the gym brrr) and no oven (blown up) ...ha ha deep joy. Still going away Thursday so can forget about it all if it isn't fixed.

Hopefully 7 30am tomorrow morning they will be here and will sort it. Hope Kissa and Ailuros your plumbing nightmares are now sorted.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We all live in hope. Sorry for your agro. Where you off to?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Lola, we still have no heating in the dining room. And there’s a suspicious damp wood smell near the loft.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/192.1/160
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Hi All!

Popping in for an update...

So I finally know what is going on with my back: three partially slipped discs and arthritic spondylitis (sp?). So a long way to go to be pain free. I have intensive physical therapy starting at the beginning of November and am actually looking forward to it! This pain is becoming quite unbearable.

For the rest, I've been on holiday and travelling lots for work, so hence also the silence.

My weight has not budged, but I think that's due to my back and the painkillers. I am being good and sticking to my diet but not fasting at the moment. Hoping to get that going again soon!

Ok, now I've got to go and read this whole thread to find out how you all have been doing.

xxx Mims.

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Old 10-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

So please tell me again why I went blonde? (No offence to any blondes I love mine lol)

Yep it was the switch for heating has been accidentally switched off Ooops. Didn't even know there was a rocker switch on the wall in utility room. Too much stuff in front of it...And there I was yesterday with a torch in the airing cupboard re setting and trying to get it started whilst on the phone to Engineer....OH well he said I wasn't the only one..ha ha.

Good to see you back Mimosa

Rushing now to gym...speak laters alligators..
Old 10-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice to see you, Mimosa. Sorry you’re having such a painful time. I hope your physiotherapy helps!

Lola At least you have heating and hot water again!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
ugh i feel for u mimosa as i have approaching 5 damaged discs now. acupuncture is only thing that helped me

hi everyone else, hope all your heating problems get sorted
x
Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #158

Good to see you Mimosa, glad they have got to the bottom of your back pain, I know the health system in Germany is exemplary so I am confident you'll get all the right treatment.

I did laugh about the rocker switch Lola, sound like something I would do.

Good weigh in this morning, 127.2, but eating out both today and tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!

Kissa, the health system in Germany is only as good as your insurance... I have private insurance so my health care system is great! Not so much for those who rely on state health care... The differences here are really astounding! I tried making an appointment with a dermatologist and they didn't have any openings until I said that I was privately insured. Then all of a sudden I was able to pop by any time basically... Amazing!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #160

Oh dear, didn't realise that. Not so good then...
Old 10-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Awh Mimosa sending hugs...back pain is like toothache on and on and poor Shy your pain in your arms must also be unbearable.

Sending hugs xxx
Old 10-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Hi All

I haven't helped the thread stay active!! Oh well - hang head in shame!

As you can imagine - there has been no dieting in my world - but with an imminent departure to the UK at the end of the month - really need to get back on plan! A girlfriend here is doing WW - but we are supporting each other to stick to our plans. We go on holiday at the same time - and have suggested that we 'exercise' when we get back!

I'm sorry to read about all the aches/pains/injuries - not good - send you all positive vibes to feel/get better asap.

Also, extremely sorry to hear about the cold and damp (sitting here with my A/C on!) need to see which of my winter clothes fit! Haven't had to wear anything warm for over a year!!!!

We had an awesome camp in the Rub' Al Khali (empty quarter desert) last weekend - about 10 vehicles - sitting at the top of a sand dune watching the sun set was great fun! Putting up a tent in the middle of the afternoon in 40+degree heat - less so! Probably camping on the beach this weekend - think I'm looking forward to it! But it is one of the reasons we moved back here.

No business yet - however lots of quotations out there - and working on 2 big projects.

Hope the shower's fixed Mum!!! PS - we'll take the sofa beds - so long as I can use one of the tempur toppers!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all,

Shy, sorry to hear that your arm is causing you so much trouble! Sending lots of pain free thoughts your way.

Everyone else: Hope all is well.

Finally had a few good nights' sleep! I did wake up occasionally, but fell asleep straight away, so I feel more rested. I've been taking Magnesium and Melantonin before bed, and it seems to really help me be more calm and relaxed, even with my back pain, so I'm happy! Because of the better sleep, I feel I can manage my pain better during the day too, so that's a bonus!

In line with everybody else, we seem to be experiencing problems with our boiler system, so every morning we have to reset the darn thing for it to start working! Something seems to happen overnight for it to stop and not start up again. We've already had the heating men in several times this last year, so I'm annoyed. Every time it's something else too! Hopefully this can be sorted out soon, at least before the cold weather comes! (apparently not till sometime next week)

Nothing much else to report, so here's my menu for today:

B: nothing
L: quark with coconut oil and almond butter, a handful of pork rinds
D: going out to a greek restaurant, so probably feta stuffed roast pepper for a starter and then a bifteki and salad...

Have a good day everyone!
xxx
Old 10-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Oh great news that you are sleeping a little better Mimosa...hope it continues. You can cope with so much more when you have got your zzz's but not when you are tired!! Funnily whilst hooking out my across body handbag from storage for tomorrow I found a 2008 diary where I had documented my awful sleep period I cannot believe how I survived for 4 years on only 2 hours sleep a night...it was crazy.

OMG this boiler stuff is becoming infectious although mine was my fault. Hope you all get sorted before the cold weather kicks in.

Good to see you back Vicky and yep you.ll have to get back on the wagon in the UK. Mum will help you keep focussed I am sure.

I am off to Dusseldorf tomorrow (flying) and will drive back with DH on Saturday or Sunday. He took all my things with him so I can get on plane with a handbag...what bliss...although problem is I cannot remember what I gave him to pack 3 weeks ago!! lol..Oh well I am sure that I.ve covered most angles.

I had my acrylic nails taken off yesterday in an attempt to have a break from them for a while/ever!! Hope the sunshine in the Canaries next week will help them - at the moment they are sooo sore....and I can see that they will be peeling and breaking off soo thin...anyway keeping loads of oil on them and bought some restorative polish so will take as much care as I can and hopefully in a couple of weeks they may be stronger.

DH will be sick of eating after 3 weeks of exhibition, cocktail parties blah blah...so hopefully we will eat simply whilst travelling. Also when we land in Brussels probably have some mussels..hmmmm lush

So speak laters alligators. Be good

Last edited by lola5k; 10-23-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #165
Blabbermouth!!!

Lola, have fun travelling! Duesseldorf is great for shopping, LOL!
I had the same issues with my nails you have when I had my acrylics taken off. I found a great nail oil from Dr Hauschka worked well (neem nail oil) and I took extra Biotin and DE for a while. The weakness has to grow out, so it can take a while!

Vicky, when are you in the UK?
And Cindy: I arrive in London on the 29th, but later on in the evening, so I was wondering if you had time on the 30th for a coffee? I have an event to go to, but I'm hoping we can sort something out and catch up anyway! I have to fly back on the 30th, but not till later in the evening...

I have gone mad and have now ordered the following:
- green lipped muscle extract and cream
- MSM/Glucosamine/chondroitin
- more DE

And I'm hoping all that will help me cope with all the joint/arthritic things I've got going on! I'll be rattling this time next week from all of the stuff I'm taking. I had promised myself I'd stop taking so many tablets, as they do more harm than good according to some research, but these are not so much vitamins as natural extracts, so I'm hoping this will help me and not be bad!

I also take fermented cod liver oil/butter oil (sounds just as horrible as it tastes, LOL), a really good probiotic, acerola powder (natural vitamin C) and magnesium. And let's not forget the DE every morning, gelatin in my tea and my biotin... And when I remember I take spirulina and kelp too...

Yup, I'll be rattling, LOL!

My menu for today is not exciting:

B: nothing, got no idea if I get hungry later on...
L: salad from Dean & David
D: omelette with tuna and cheese

Last edited by Mimosa23; 10-23-2013 at 11:47 PM..
Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Mimosa thank you. I went to Dusseldorf many years ago and bought a lovely leather coat. Hoping that I might find again.

Thank you for the help with the nails. I am putting oil on them every day and bought some strengthening and feeding polish. Yes I will get some biotin as well thank you. DE...OMG...I threw mine out in the end....I had 5kgs of it...and YES if it wasn't so cumbersome to post I would have offered to someone but it was a huge tub. I hated drinking or taking it and decided that it wasn't doing any good..usual thing with vitamins lol.

MY DD is a physio and she recommends Glucosomine for joints. She said that all the top consultants at the hospital where she works take it. My DH takes it but I don't. I am very intermittent with pills and vitamins...just forget to take them DOH! Hope that you feel better soon.

Okerly dokerly off to the airport now...more next week.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited by lola5k; 10-23-2013 at 11:52 PM..
Old 10-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #167

I'd have picked that up Lola! Too late now. I take 4,500 mg of Glucosamine daily, 3000 at night and 1000 each morning.

Mimosa, I don't think I can make it I'm afraid. My sister and her husband arrive from York that morning! Curses, it would have been so good to catch up again.

Vicky, I have just brought all your and Steve's winter clothes, boots etc up from Devon... Not the ski things of course. There are a lot of them....

Pick up DD1 and hubby tomorrow lunchtime for their anniversary and her birthday. Then just one day before sister and DH arrive, then lovely Vicky and DH.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Lola: I'm hoping you are having a great time!

Cindy: what a pity! I was looking forward to finally catching up with you face to face after all this time! I'm sure you'll have a lovely time with your sister and brother in law and after that with Vicky and her husband! I'll let you know when I'm next in your area, and with a bit more notice, maybe we can then meet up.

Back is painful today (as is every day, but some days are worse than others). I am really hoping that my supplements will help support the physiotherapy and that I'll notice some results!

Apparently we'll have another mild weekend weather-wise, so we're going to enjoy it! Got some nice walks planned. For the rest, nothing much, will check in on Monday!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

My menu today:

B: quark with some almond butter and lots of pills, LOL!
L: chicken broth, homemade and some chicken, saurkraut and dressing on the side.
D: spaghetti squash bake, with ground beef and fresh herbs
Old 10-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Hey hey...yep I am back and had a lovely time in Dusseldorf. The weather was kind to us. Spent last night in Brussels and had Mussels from Brussels for dinner lol.

Wrong time of day to weigh but had sneaky look when I got home after a totally horrendous journey once we hit the UK and M25 blah blah. Hold ups, raining, dark etc etc.

Will know the true affect of the damage tomorrow...though by looks of weigh in tonight should be alright YAY. I didn't go mad eating..but as usual alcohol came into play. lol

Speak before I go to Canaries for sunshine on Wednesday.

Sorry your back is painful today Mimosa...sending hugs. I bought the B'tin supplements and rubbing oil in every day so hopefully in 3 months or so I might be in with a chance of half decent nails lol.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #170

Well done Lola, I am eating way too much enjoying weekend with DD1.

Hope the 'big storm' leaves us all safe.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi All!

Those in the UK: I hope you had a damage free night and that today won't see much worse!

Here we're waiting for the worst of it, and they say by tonight it should have died down, so here's hoping! Flying to the UK tomorrow evening, so I'm hoping I'm not in for a bumpy ride!

Weekend was quiet, not done much, we planted some bulbs in the garden and just generally pottered about. Back is ok, I'm sure it's in my head but I think all the joint supplements I'm taking are doing something, and the accute pain has gone down somewhat!

I'm going to be back on my IF fasting routine from next week, I've decided. Being LCHF keeps my weight stable but I'd like to see some good losses again! This week life is getting in the way, so I'm just sticking with my WOE and no fasting.

My menu today:

B: quark, with some almond butter
L: I am still thinking about it... Probably tuna and avocado and some green leafy salad or so...
D: roast chicken, yay!!!!!

Old 10-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Have a safe trip Mimosa and hopefully your back will hold up and you will enjoy some lovely time in the UK. Weather doesn't look too bad for the rest of the week.

I.ll write more tomorrow as busy unpacking and packing at the moment.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:44 AM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the good wishes, Lola!
Good luck unpacking!

Cindy: have fun with all the family, enjoy your time together!

Everyone else: Hi!!! Hope everyone is doing well!

I had a weird night's sleep. Got another pain injection yesterday evening and had hoped I'd sleep well because of it, but no. Woke up at 4 am and stayed awake pondering life, packing my suitcase and figuring out how to give BF his birthday present on Friday. Once I sorted out life in general in my head, it was time to get up! Very annoying! Now I'm quite tired. Not flying till later this evening and then having a late dinner with friends in London, so hopefully I can keep my eyes open! At least I can have a lie in tomorrow morning, as my meeting isn't till 11am.

Will check back in on Thursday when I'm in the office again, hope everybody will have a good day,

xxx Mims
Old 10-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a good trip, Mimosa, and I hope the travel isn’t too hard on your back.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #175

Wish I could have met up Mim, maybe next time. Hope the flight doesn't upset your back.

Over a hundred trees down on the Heath, one very near us but fell away from the houses fortunately.

Sister and DH arrive tomorrow, Vicky and her DH join us on Friday!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi All!

Doing a quick one today...

Cindy and Vicky, I hope you have a fab time together!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Trip to the UK and back was fine, the book launch was great, and the book turned out to be so beautiful! If you are interested in the British Society of Perfumers:
BSP | British Society of Perfumers

For the rest, the weekend was lovely. We celebrated BF's B'day on Friday (bank holiday too) and relaxed the rest of the weekend.

This morning I had my first proper physiotherapist appointment, and I have good hope how this is going to turn out! We'll see...

As I'm totally falling apart on all sides, I'm now back on track with my fasting routine, hopefully it will help my inflammation issues a bit more! My eyes are now both causing me problems...

So today I'm fasting, here's my menu:

B: nothing but a tsp of fish oil (nearly sent me over the edge this morning, I've got a particularly disgusting batch) and a TB of almond butter to wash away the horror!
L: nothing, I'll just have tea and water
D: up to my daily allowance of 500 cals of some kind of low carb food. It will probably involve eggs and veggies and maybe a bit of parmesan cheese.

xx Mims
Old 11-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello all!

Just popping in and I see nobody is posting... You must all have real lives, LOL!

My back is feeling ok today, I really think all that prodding by the physiotherapist did something. At least I slept better, and some discomfort has gone down.

For the rest, nothing to report. Managed my DD like a pro, and stuck to it and didn't even feel that hungry.

Today, I'm obviously eating, so here's the menu:

B: 4 eggs, HB, 2 TB kerrygold, tsp dijon mustard and some salt, pepper and turmeric
L: small salad from Dean & David, probably a chicken caesar, with lemon parma dressing
D: pork neck steak with a good amount of homemade flavoured butter: this time with thyme, garlic and feta cheese.

have a good day everyone!

xx Mims
Old 11-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In my case it’s not so much a real life, as nothing much going on!

I’m glad to hear you’re back’s feeling better.

I’m still doing an every other day kind of dieting, with lowish carbs some of the time. Going down overall, but sometimes it seems to stop and bounce around for a while. I’ve got about 10 lbs to go.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #179

Sister just left after 8 days and on Saturday we are off to Ireland with Vicky and her DH. All go here. Eating too much!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is Vicky with you now?
Closed Thread