Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Slimmer by Fall--September Edition

Its a new month again!

Happy September!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good afternoon Slimmers!

Eating and exercising have only been so so these past several days. I am trying to get back to 100%! Still having hard days mentally. I have got to get out of this funk asap.

I did a 5K this morning. My average was 10:30 a mile so that is my best average yet! I really want to hit 10 minute mile before I start thinking about a 10K. doing a 5K makes me feel so good. I think my next one is September 28th.

Happy Labor Day everyone!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. I am ready to get back on track! I'm tired of how I'm feeling and there is only 1 way to change it!

I didn't make it to the gym today. I was really hurting from the gig yesterday. I was standing around for about 4 hours and my body did not like that at all!

Back to work tomorrow.

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Hanging in there, it was a stressful first week of school. Glad I'm off work this week, and painting class is tomorrow night! Still haven't decided on my theme.

I haven't been back to the gym yet, but if I don't go tomorrow morning, I DO plan to do a pilates class on Thursday. Eating has been so-so, but today was better. I was surprised my weight was lower today after having Indian buffet yesterday! I didn't eat as much as I might have if I wasn't with friends

The kids were all at their dad's all weekend, so I stayed home cleaning and organizing.

Rachel: I too am trying to get out of a funk and get back on track 100%.. it's tough! I think with my art classes starting back up it will at least help while I am painting.. the world kind of disappears for a while.

Beth: Yep, I know what you mean! I hate feeling like this too.. I mean how I felt when I worked out regularly and ate on track.. how many times have I said that!?

Charlene: hi! how was your weekend?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening!

I've been eating on plan all day today. So far so good. My clothes are starting to get too tight and that has really spurred me into action. Back to the office today. No one was there today, so I could have stayed at home to work, which is what I am going to do tomorrow.

Diane--I hear ya! Time to get back on it! Enjoy the week off!

Rachel--Come on! We can all do it! Nice job on your 5k.

Charlene--what you up to!

One day we should do a virtual group chat together on FB. Sit around with a cuppa joe!

Have a good evening everyone!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie64 View Post
Beth: Yep, I know what you mean! I hate feeling like this too.. I mean how I felt when I worked out regularly and ate on track.. how many times have I said that!?
I meant to say "I MISS how I felt" not I MEAN...
Old 09-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! Had a busy weekend visiting friends and cleaning and getting ready for my pokeno party last night. I actually worked a few hours on Monday because one of my schools was in session. Worked or yesterday but haven't today yet. Maybe this afternoon. Hope you alk have a great day!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. I worked from home today and have a Design Review Commission meeting this evening, which shouldn't last too long. and it looks like I'll have another short term gig that will also be part time. Of course its in Chicago. But it would be great to increase my income and cover me once these all gigs are up and if I don't find something else. I've been on plan for the last two days. Didn't make it to the gym today. I probably would have gone if I didn't have DRC tonight. Oh well.

Diane--how's it going. Looks like you have a great theme for painting this year.

Charlene--I saw your post on FB today. Hump day!

Rachel--how are you doing?

Have a great evening all!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Oye, migraine!

I woke up this morning in a daze and moving slow. I should have known that it was a precursor to a migraine (I say that every single time). Took my meds and worked. I had a meeting with the client today that I had to run and managed to get thru that. I've stayed on plan for three days so the migraine is no big surprise.

I haven't made it to the gym but will go tomorrow. I'm back in the work routine, sadly (or not).

Hope all of you are doing well. Check in, dang nab it!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Even though I am off this week, it seems like I have been so busy. I was out running errands most of the day today, and then I was home working on my little clay skulls. I haven't made them before, but have been wanting to.. can't wait to make a whole skeleton! I'm going to have so much fun making them! (they aren't for school though).

Yeah, my theme is Day of the Dead, which will be fun, colorful, whimsical, and maybe a little freaky LOL. but my professor seemed to like that idea for me. It was either that or abstract or animals. She said if anyone else had wanted to do that for their theme she would probably say no, but she knows what I can do, sooooooo.... here I go! I am a little nervous doing this subject all semester.. but I have to come up with a body of work as she says.

I WENT TO THE FREAKING GYM TODAY! FINALLY! I took the Pilates class, and it was hard. It hurt. I did most of it, but I feel like such a beginner. My acid reflux sometimes makes it difficult to do some of it. I hate that. Tomorrow is step class. I plan to get back on schedule now.

Beth: Oh boy I am surprised that I have no gotten migraines this week.. the past 4 nights I have NOT slept well at all. No reason really.. maybe because I'm off work and I stay up too late even though I'm tired.. then I wake up normal time anyway. Hope you are feeling better.. I have been decent with eating , but not perfect.. it's 82 in here and no air until tomorrow (HOPEFULLY!) so I had a nice bowl of mint chocolate ice cream and it really helped!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Looks like it's going to be a Midrin night.. what a day. I DID go to step class, but after that it was not a good day. I thought I broke my left hand today I hit it so hard I cried! It is a little swollen, and still hurts some.. then I get home and the poor maintenance guys who had been here since 1pm were still trying to fix my air conditioner. They stayed until 9! It still isn't working.. they think maybe the new compressor isn't working. UGH. Another hot night.. good thing I got my Chillow! Now I have a migraine I'm working on, and I am absolutely WORN OUT. Going to bed early. There was more to this day, but nothign major.. just work crud with my Friday job.

TTY Tomorrow....
Old 09-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

I have been very very good on plan! Yay me! Although it has been a week since I went to the gym, but I will be going today. Tomorrow I get to babysit for my goddaughter and her brother for a few hours. She is almost 6 months old! He is a little devil, but somehow I will manage. Not much else going on. Last night we booked our trip to Chicago in November for my BIL birthday. We're waiting to hear back from the dog sitter before we make plans for Christmas in Texas. No gigs this weekend.

Diane--you poor thing, can't believe you've had such a hard time with air conditioning this year! What did you hit your hand on?

Rachel--how are you doing?

Charlene? What up with you. Miss you!

Have a good day all!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Hey--where is everyone!

Didn't make it to the gym today. And I did eat off plan last evening, but am back on track. I took care of my goddaughter and her brother today. Back to work tomorrow. I didn't get any work done today.

Have a good one.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:46 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. It was an extremely busy week last week for me as I began seeing my students, my dd13 started having volleyball games, homework and practices, etc...

Did an upper body workout and 15 min incline this morning. I am just so mad at myself for not being strict on my eating. This working out is really for naught if I can't get my eating back under control. I guess it helps me maintain, but I want to get the rest of this weight off. It's been a year since I lost any significant weight. My problem is ALWAYS afternoon/evening. I cave.

Glad you gals are working out. I know it feels good to get a sweat on.

Diane - sorry about your air conditioner. That's got to be awful, especially at night. I hate to be hot. How's your head today?

Beth - I bet you had fun with the goddaughter. I can't believe it's time to make plans for Christmas!

Hope you all have a GREAT Monday!

Hiya Rachel!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

My air conditioner was fixed the next day, and it's working really well! Yay! Hopefully that will be IT for air conditioning problems. Just in time too, it's supposed to be in the low 90's this week.

Well, I went to the gym Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The weekend classes were awesome! I didn't go today because I feel asleep last night forgetting to plug in my phone or even set an alarm, and I woke up too late to go.

School is going well EXCEPT my database management class. It is going to kill me. I feel like I'm way over my head with this class, and it's like trying to learn something in a foreign language when you don't speak that language. It will be a miracle if I pass it. Ughhhhh. My fiber arts class is a lot of fun! I posted pics of the first project.. the shibori and batik fabric squares. Not done with the batik's yet.. have to add a second color next week.

Oh! I have been doing better with food, and the scale is CRAWLING SLOWLY down. Very slowly, but today I was 201.6.. lowest I've been in over 3 weeks. Getting back to the gym seems to be the key.

Beth: I hit my hand on a dresser. It was just one of those days! I also bumped my foot. My hand still hurts but I can move it normally and stuff. Yay for you being on plan!!! Even if you did slip up a little, you got right back on track!

Charlene: Nights are when I get snacky.. it's the mindless eating that gets me. I don't think I realize sometimes how often I grab "just a bit of this or that" Sometimes at work I get a little snacky too. Yep, it seems it only works if we eat on plan AND work out regularly. One without the other just does NOT work.. now more than ever I am finding out. Must be my age..

Rachel: Hi! What's new?
Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Did better yesterday eating wise. I got in a back and leg workout this morning.

Diane - yay on the gym time! You're rocking it! I'm glad you are enjoying your classes. I hope that database one becomes more familiar and you get the hang of it soon. So happy that your air is fixed.

Hiya Beth and Rachel!

Happy Tuesday!!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening all.

What day is it? Not quite hump day yet. I've been sooo busy this week with work. I've not made it to the gym and really don't know when I will make it either. Maybe Sunday. I've been very good on plan. But I have so many things to do and so little time. For working part time you would think I have more time. This is going to be close to a 40 hour week for me. We have a gig on Saturday, mid day and then nothing else. I guess it is good that I'm so busy that I don't have too much time to think about what this week really means. A year ago yesterday my mom fell and broke her shoulder and hip. A year ago today she had surgery to have her hip repaired. No wonder I'm exhausted. I just want to get past this.

Charlene--good for you for getting your workouts in! How's school going?

Diane--data base management--blergh! For some reason your posts did not come up on my newfeed so I went to look at your art--LOVE IT! Doesn't it just suck that we have to eat right AND exercise. I'd be ok with one or the other.

Rachel--how are you doing? Haven't heard from you.

Gonna relax for the rest of the night. Already 21 hours in this week.

See ya manana
Old 09-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Guess what day it is!? LOL

I was soooo tired this morning. My dog woke me up barking last night and so I moved to the couch but when my 4:00 a.m. alarm went off, I turned it off and waited for the 5:30 one when I get dh up. No workout for me. Not sure what is up with that. Guess my body was just tired. The girls and I got flu shots free yesterday. I waited to take mine at the high school because dd15 is such a chicken. It was the funniest thing watching her interact with all the teachers and coaches in line while they teased her.

Beth - Yes, you had a long, hard year. I hope your new job is rewarding. Sounds like they are really utilizing your talents working so much!

Hey Diane and Rachel. Hope you guys are doing well.

Have a GREAT DAY!!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Upper body workout done, drinking my water and coloring my gray! LOL

Hope you all have a GREAT DAY!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I am convinced I have started the "M" word. After talking to a friend that is currently in it and one that has been through it.. It all makes sense... the weight gain and near impossibility in getting in off, tiredness and sleep all messed up, anxiety even when I have no big reason for it, and I've been waking up in the morning and my chest is kinda sweaty. I just thought it was too warm in the room, but when you have a fan blowing right on you all night... well, it doesn't make much sense. Oh yeah, and I get a little umm... slightly stinky by the end of the day - that is new. And the bloat! Geeeeez! I can be fine and then just have a drink or something to eat and POOF! Sooo... I can give up and give in, or I can fight it. I choose FIGHT.

So I was down a couple lbs, then I had a bad day, then back up 3. I am back down 1 again at 204. Ugh. Now that I am sure this is hormonal and nothing I normally did in the past is working, I am going to have to REALLY buckle down and be serious.. watch EVERYTHING that I eat. Everything counts now! I am going to start incorporating some weight machines back into my workout routine (which I need to get back.. routine)... Yesterday my eating was good and today it's even better. I started taking my Metabolife again and IT is working. I don't feel like eating or have cravings for anything, so I am going to continue taking that for a while and then maybe I will see Onederland again soon.

I do SO love my art classes! I wish I could JUST take art classes and not work! (unless it's ART-work). I am finding it VERY difficult to keep up with all the homework in 4 classes; even with 2 of them being art classes. Stinky girl hasn't been AS stinky so far.. it's still there for sure, and every now and then it wafts over my way, but it's bearable so far. Let's hope it doesn't get worse because the smell feels like it gets caught in my throat for a couple hours after class!

Charlene: Yeah, I think I'm going to get the database management for dummies book.. it's the only way I am going to have a chance at understanding! WAY too much info crammed in in a week.. ugh. And I am already supposed to DESIGN a database? By Sunday??? Hey, do you think maybe the flu shot made you tired?

Beth: Thanks! The shibori and batik was really fun to do.. I THINK we are going to be cutting up the shibori squares and sewing the shapes we cut onto a larger piece of fabric. Oh well... I don't know what I would do with them anyway! ... Yeah, I agree, it's good that you are so busy with all these "anniversaries" going on.

Rachel: Hi!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

It has been a busy week. Over 40 hours this week and I am so behind on so much! I've not been to the gym but I have been staying on plan and not eating much. I must be in ketosis.

Diane--you are in perimenopause. You might want to try some holistic remedies to ease the symptoms. Black cohash. I used to use Remifem, which really helped. You can get that stuff at the drug store.

Charlene--how are you doing? Yeah--the flu shot probably made you tired since your immune system got revved up. We need to go get our flu shots next month.

Rachel--hi!

I'm so tired. Have a good night!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quick check-in... not much going on... my weight was back down to 201.6 which is my "low" for the past couple of months. My LOW. For the past few MONTHS. Yuck! That IS about 2.5 lbs in 2 days though, so I am happy about that. I know I had gotten down to 200 at some point, but it was quite a while ago. It seems the formula that works for me right now is taking Metabolife (I barely even think about food when I take it), and Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice meals. And of course exercise. I did go to the gym yesterday and today. I told my friend I work out with that about 3/4 through the step class today I was so sleepy I wanted to lay down on the floor and take a nap! She thought that was crazy because you should have more energy at that point. Nope. I wanted to sleep!

Beth: Thanks, I'll look into that stuff. What symptoms do they help with? It's good that you are staying on plan with your eating!
Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening all!

I'm pretty tired this evening. It was a long emotional week for me. And we had a gig today. I worked over 40 hours and its been a long time since I did that. My leg is giving me fits again so back to the doctor I go. Last evening, dh and I went to the hospital where my mom died, and sat on the patio which was outside her room and watched the sunset and talked about her. The sky was not nearly as stunning as it was last year, but it was comforting to be back there. The gig today was a benefit at the local county fair grounds. We played early and then were out of there. It was a beautiful day out and I enjoyed it. Last year we played the same benefit and I remember very little of it, I was in a daze. It was only 9 days after mom died.

I've been staying on plan, but giving myself one day a week to go off, which is today. I hope to get to the gym tomorrow.

Diane--I found that remefem gave some relief for the night sweats. It may have helped with other things, but that is one of the things that was most troublesome for me.

Charlene--how the heck are you doing?

Rachel--haven't heard from you.

I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I got in a pretty good workout, but the dang dog was in rare form this morning and wanting to bite me, play, lick, bite some more. LOL Little turd! No, she's not little by any means- HUGE is more like it. I hate locking her out of the work out room because that's some of our good time together. But she was especially feisty today. Weekend was good. I played in the pool a lot on Saturday and did some laundry. I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. Sunday morning because kids were in and out of my house and I enjoy visiting with them. DD15 had a sleepover and they like to tell me stories of things going on. Plus I was running kids to and from different activities. I feel like I'm the community mama around here. I took one of my dd's boy "friends" girlfriend home, took him to a friend's house and cleaned his shoes. I asked him one day "Why don't you ask your mama to do this?" And he said, "You do it better." Well, so I never ask anymore. I just play mom to all of them. LOLOL

Beth - sounds like you've been very busy. Work weeks are busy for me too. While I have these extra schools, I am constantly on the go. It'll slow down as soon as my coworker returns. I think sitting on the patio and reflecting is such a sweet gesture. Made my heart smile.

Diane - I am always hoping I am about to hit the M - I'm about sick of TOM. LOL That could sure explain a lot of my issues right now too. Who knows. I sat out on the patio this morning drinking coffee and had a conversation with myself about getting back on track. I have got to quit caving. I lol'd at your stinky girl comment. I'm glad you are enjoying your art classes. I hope the homework load is bearable for you.

Hiya Rachel! What have you been up to?

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!

Last edited by sports_mom; 09-16-2013 at 03:40 AM..
Old 09-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all (well actually just after noon),

Had a quiet peaceful restful day yesterday. Today I decided NOT to go into the office since no one was there and I hadn't really recovered from the weekend. Going for a mani pedi in a bit, and to the chiropractor. I'm skipping the gym until after I talk to my doctor, which may not happen until Wednesday. We booked out tickets for Texas for Christmas (22nd-27th). So our Christmas trip is all booked and our trip to Chicago for bil bday in November is done. Also heading to Tucson and Cincinnati the second week in October with clients for a tour. Diane--I'll be there less than 24 hours

All in all, I'm doing well. I ran into someone from my grief group at Costco yesterday, which was really nice. I feel like getting past the year mark was really important for me. Life feels more normal now. I'm glad to be back at work, and really glad I have a little flexibility with it. Having money coming in is good. We are looking to replace my 13 year old jeep within the next month. I've been pretty good on plan too!

Charlene--looks like your little buddy thought your work-out was about him/her and not you Zora can get like that when she hasn't had enough exercise. Now she is just hiding out upstairs waiting for her dad to come home from work.

Diane--how's it all going?

Rachel--what up?

Gonna pull out my work computer and do a little bit of work on meeting minutes to get ready for a meeting tomorrow. Have a great day all!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Got in a good full body workout today. Monday night and Tuesday night were filled with VB games and running kids everywhere. We got our tickets to Rascal Flatts concert in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to take the kids to Lubbock and see them and my brother and SIL! It's October 4th and we are taking off school to go.

Beth - how was your day at home? I sometimes come home at lunch and take a 15 min power nap and I can usually make it so much better doing that. But I have been tired too - I think it's my diet though. Getting better but not quite there yet.

Night before last dd15 was the brunt of a rumor about breaking up a cute little teenage couple and she was devastated. Has only talked to the boy maybe once in her life. Caused a huge rif, but thankfully the other girl came straight to dd15 instead of spreading more rumors and they got it worked out. However, she cried herself to sleep so I ended up sleeping with her. Yesterday was better though. Hate drama with a passion!

Well, Diane and Rachel - hope y'all are okay! Check in when you can!

Have a GREAT DAY! GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS? LOL!!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you are all doing well. Working from home again today. Later this afternoon dh and I are off to look at/purchase a new vehicle. WooHOO! I have an appointment next week to see the doc about my hip/leg. After talking to him on the phone he said it sounds like something is going on with my hip. DUH! I have to go get xrays on Friday. Haven't been perfect on plan, but better than I was. Will keep focusing on it. Don't think I'll make the gym today, but I really want to get there this week. This working stuff really puts a dent in the time I have to do what I want to do

Charlene--man--teenage drama. I don't envy you. Everything is so intense and difficult at that age. We finally figure it all out when we're older but that doesn't make it any easer. "Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike" "Come on Julie, I know you can hear me" Just tickles me.

Diane and Rachel--how ya doing?

Must get back to work.

Have a good day.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. I am so sore today! I have been doing a full body MWF workout and kind of resting TTH. Eating is getting better everyday. Love that. Trying a new supplement and if it helps any, I'll let y'all know.

Beth - hope you get to the bottom of your leg pain soon. I know it's frustrating. What part of Texas will you be in at Christmas? I need to see about meeting you for coffee or something somewhere.

I spiced up my One Minute Muffin this morning and added a splash of SF Butter Rum syrup and it is yummy.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all!

Thank goodness its Friday. Not planning much today except a lot of running around--hair appointment, xray of my hip, grocery store, pet store, chiropractor, hopefully gym.

I now have a new car! We bought a Honda crv on Wednesday. I've barely driven it, since I took the bus yesterday. We are selling our 13 yo jeep to a friend next week. I'm pretty pleased with the car. It is perfect for what we need. We got a 2013 since they were closing out last year's model.

Charlene--I'll be in Frisco TX for the holidays.

Rachel--missing you

Diane--how ya doing?

Time to get moving. Have a good day all!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Morning!

Its raining here. Its not supposed to rain for another few months. But its only a day long front that is dropping the moisture. The air always smells so clean afterwards, and the smell of the woods in great! We sold my old car last night. We had already worked out a deal with a band mate who said he wanted to buy it. He said next week, which was fine. Then we get a call last night that saying "I need a car! Can I come get it?" He sold his car and was without, so he came over and we got it done. Feels so strange not see that car in its parking spot.

I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in forever and did a workout. And of course I'm really sore, woke up twice last night because of pain. And I did tons of errands. Got my hip xrayed. I see the doc on Wednesday.

Hope you are all doing well. Perhaps we should do a 4-way conversation on FB given the recent goings on.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread