Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Nice to meet you too Lizzie, and I do hope your back is better soon. Yes these are my correct stats. I was down to 176 but not anymore. I guess I should of left that in but now I just want to be honest and get back down to there and then on to 150. I am guessing you have a baby at home. But I will catch up with everyone. Deb saw the picture of the bear , when we got back we were told there are 12 bear on the island and that I shouldn't walk but so far haven't seen one when walking. Misty I am glad to be back, 3 days down and not feeling to bad at all. Had a great 7km walk tonight with a friend. New pellet stove? Sounds like a nice and warm winter ahead for you. We had a nice day today, 23 and sunshine but back to fall tomorrow with rain. Oh well cant complain, before we know it , it will be snow. Eating right on plan today and feeling almost relief to be back in control. Have a great evening!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl come join me the hardest part we all know is starting again. If I can do it you can too!!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #33
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Jo I think I better run tread at the y till our bears go nite nite for the winter....walk careful my friend
Old 09-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Jo ok I will join you. I'm not doing my usual no carb induction but < 20 carbs a day. Day 1 done. Onward and upward

You guys and your bears! I saw the one Deb posted and what you said Jo. I remember Deb posting a pic of a bear sitting at her picnic table at the old place. We had a bear run across the road in front of us during our Durango Co visit a month or 2 ago. That was close enough for me.

What did you get Deb?

Misty a new pellet stove? We have looked at alternative heat but pellets looked expensive. We need something for winter ice storm/ power outs besides kerosene heaters. Long drive to find kerosene. Not good on icy hills. We have leaves falling too. But it doesn't feel like fall yet.

Lizzy sorry about the back. Good thing DH has his " weekend"". What did you grill?

Pat another # down ! I'm jealous.

Lots of housework today. I'm off all week. This month will be slow. Gearing up for pre Holiday visits Oct. - Dec. DH out of town working.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:41 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Deb that might be a good idea but I have a bear whistle if you want to borrow it. Cheryl's going to join me and I am doing under 20 carbs as well, I eat cheese and almonds and still lose well although they are normally not allowed on induction. I haven't felt the induction flu as bad this time and I think this will work better for me. Proteins and low carb veggies, whenever I want for awhile at least. I know its working already because my cravings are gone for the most part and my weight is down but I will wait to Saturday to see how much and what stays gone but first weeks are always good for a fast loss most times. Day 4 for me and still feeling pretty great! And I am at the top of the page that hardly ever happens to me
Old 09-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #36
Deb

Yes Jo I will borrow your whistle for sure

Cheryl I am just doing *real food* so I stocked up on fruit and veg...tomorrow I need to get back to the gym..i need a kick.........
Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #37
Deb

Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

To Cute! Deb did you ever make it to Northern On this summer? I remember you talking about it. Day 4 is a bit harder but do-able. Not sure what exercise we will do tonight it rather cold out so might be an indoor one. I am in a R/L 8 week challenge and I have to try and do excerise 6 days a week for points. So far so good!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

and there you go Deb! And your very welcome
Old 09-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #40
Deb

did not make it out Jo.. we haven't worked here a year yet so not many holiday days other than weekends

day 4 Jo how is Cheryl doing?

next year we get 2 weeks holidays so we will be doing the Alaska cruise and then picking our car up after the cruise in Vancouver and driving to California via the Oregon coast.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
that bear creeps me out
Old 09-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/126/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Last day of work for this week, took my friend out to lunch for her birthday and did really good, had a nice salad. Still working on getting of the 6 lb gain I had a few weeks ago.

Jo your doing great, glad the carb flu isn't hitting you bad. What is R/L challenge? Getting cold here too, but great for going out and walking.

Cheryl pellets are pretty cheap here, but the thing is if the power goes out so does the stove. Did you ever think of getting a wood stove it would stay running when the power goes out.

Deb I've been back to the gym now too. Are you eating meats with the fruits and vegies? I've been sticking with Atkins/SB seems to work great for me. Sounds like a great fun vacation planned for next year now that's something to keep you motived and on plan. Love that bear pic, I remember it. We have bears around here too, but they never bother anyone. They just walk right past you and down the road to the water.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #43
Deb

yes Misty I am eating meat also..im kind of trying to find some new plan and modivation right now.will you at all threw the winter Misty?

ok im having scallops for supper
Old 09-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Yummy love scallops, we just had steak and garlic shrimp
Old 09-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb that's the pic I remember !
Have you a goal in mind or just trying to be more healthy? Movement sure isn't an issue with you. Your future vacation sounds wonderful.

Misty our problem is we don't have enough clearance for a wood stove, at least the ones I've seen. Our rooms aren't that big. I did a little looking for zero clearance. We have a LOT of wood. I didn't realize pellet stoves were electric.

Jo how was your day? Any bear sightings? Sounds like we are eating the same.

Day 2 going good for me. Finally doing something.

Deb. that help.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb that's the pic I remember !
Have you a goal in mind or just trying to be more healthy? Movement sure isn't an issue with you. Your future vacation sounds wonderful.

Misty our problem is we don't have enough clearance for a wood stove, at least the ones I've seen. Our rooms aren't that big. I did a little looking for zero clearance. We have a LOT of wood. I didn't realize pellet stoves were electric.

Jo how was your day? Any bear sightings? Sounds like we are eating the same.

Day 2 going good for me. Finally doing something.

Deb. that help.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl my day was great , in fact the whole week has been and the scale is moving big time but I will record that weight on Sat , hope it stays gone!!! It does seem like we are on the same WOE hopefully it works for us. I want to lose 50 lbs. by the end of June my retirement date. Its 5 lbs. and month and so doable. The more I lose this month which will be my best the less pressure the last 9 months. Misty here is the 8 week challenge I am on
Deb scallops are truly my fav food. Ate tons when I was downhome. I have a great clean eating cookbook if your looking for any recipes. Great vacation plans. Lizzy that bear is totally cute..*LOL*
Kelly's Eat to Lose Challenge :
1. Exercise 6 days a week. 30 minutes 1pt, 1 hour 2pts. (Maximum points for exercising is 12pts per week.) Get 2pts extra for taking one day off.
2. Drink 8 cups of water a day earn 1pt, drink 4 extra cups get 2 pts Daily.
3. Eat 5-6 meals a day 2-3 hrs apart. 1pt.
4. Record daily your eating habits. 1pt
5. Sleep 7-8 hrs a night. 1pt
6. Eat protein at each meal . 1pt
7. Eat minumum of 2 fruit servings and 6 vegetable servings.( 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw equals a serving.) 1pt.
8. Eat 30-45 minutes after rising in the morning.
Bonus challenges for extra points threw out the challenge so far the only two things I haven't got point for a day is the fruit and veggie point way to much for me and the bonus this week was to not weigh yourself for 8 weeks I chose not to do that I need a weekly weigh in but its all about us knowing what we need to keep healthy. I have been getting 9 points a day since Sunday so even if I don't win, I do win if you know what I mean.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Called this morning at 6 am to take Mom to dr again. Back Pain and tummy issues.

Son relayed with me at 9, waiting for xrays, so at office, but day is already off-track...........

And eating shows it.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #49
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Kelly's Eat to Lose Challenge :
1. Exercise 6 days a week. 30 minutes 1pt, 1 hour 2pts. (Maximum points for exercising is 12pts per week.) Get 2pts extra for taking one day off.
2. Drink 8 cups of water a day earn 1pt, drink 4 extra cups get 2 pts Daily.
3. Eat 5-6 meals a day 2-3 hrs apart. 1pt.
4. Record daily your eating habits. 1pt
5. Sleep 7-8 hrs a night. 1pt
6. Eat protein at each meal . 1pt
7. Eat minumum of 2 fruit servings and 6 vegetable servings.( 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw equals a serving.) 1pt.
8. Eat 30-45 minutes after rising in the morning.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #50
Deb

Cheryl I don't have a goal in mind..but portion control and exercise..

now I just need to start
Old 09-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Busy day today cleaning out the attic, long way to go but aleast I got it started. News just said a frost tonight so got to out and cover the plants I can't take in. Way to early for a frost. Was really cold today so made a nice shepards pie. A nice change from grilling.

Karen SS about you Mom. How's she feeling now?

Jo love the challenge your doing. I know some of it I couldn't do either. Number 5 and 7 would be out for me. And I weigh daily.

Cheryl yes you need alot of clearance for a wood stove, we used to have one. Pellet stove can be inches away from walls but it is electric. That's why we have a generator, but doesn't do any good if power goes out and we're not home

Deb portion control and exercising sounds like a good plan. I know you once you get things started you'll be on a roll

Pat and Lizzy how you doing
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I feel good I am finally doing something. no problem so far. I went out with Mom today. She is pretty good. We had a good time.

Jo I'm glad you are feeling good. Me too! Your challenge is too much for me!! I guess my weigh in will be Tuesday. I think that's when I started.

Karen I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. how is she doing? How are you doing? It didn't sound like you were doing well. When does meditation training start?

Deb that's a start. What has you in a funk? Need some fake n bake?

Misty I need an electric free heat source. Our generator isn't big enough to run heat pump. How much does a pellet stove pull? We have to turn things off to run the well pump every once in awhile so we have water. We have looked at automatic whole house generators( what Mom has) but that is so expensive. And we would have to put in a propane tank. No gas out here. I can't believe you are getting frost already. I wonder if Pat is. You mountain people have short summers. We are high 80's.

Lizzy how's the back?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
Pills and more pills...still walking around like the living dead. Stiff and staggering!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #54
Deb

HAPPY Friday morning to all

its raining here

Misty I cant believe your cleaning out the attic....I know its fall now..how times fly's

Cheryl I have a great tan from rodeo last weekend

I have the morning to myself..L/B has gone to the lake house to do some stuff
Old 09-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Lizzy I hope you are feeling better soon! Its no fun being in any sort of pain. Cheryl you just needed me to come back..*LOL* See now were both , "doing it". Day 6 and I have had a perfect week for me and feeling so much better. I think I will keep my weigh day at Saturday since that always worked well for me although I started on a Sunday. My scale is really moving so I hope it stays that way tomorrow. Just goes to show how bad I was doing before I started back. Karen I hope your mom is doing better. Misty the sleep one is easy for me I sleep from 10-6 am pretty much everyday and longer on the weekends. I hate fruit and never eat that many veggies so I lose points everyday for that. I to weigh daily so I gave up the bonus points for this week. I am doing pretty good at 9 points a day so far and I have no problem drinking 8 cups of water but pushing myself to drink the 12. So far so good and its working for me so that all the winning I need to do. If I do place in the top 3 great but if I lose inches and pounds even better! Deb you will get back at it and you will start feeling great we all have times when we just dont have energy or push I guess. My husband mentioned to me this morning that I felt sick to my stomach and ate tums by the bottle while we were on vacation and had lots of headaches and achy joints. I didnt want to think about why although I knew why. He noticed that since I started back on Sunday that I have been fine, full of energy and no heartburn..hummmmm and no gluten which I know is my problem. But deep fried scallops and clams and roast chicken chips win me over everytime. Now I have 10 month to hit my goal by the end of June which is 5 lbs a month and doable if I stick with it. Since I know I will lose more then that this month in takes the pressure off for months when its harder. Life is full of challenges and I am going to be faced with a big one within the next couple of months and I need to feel well for myself and my family when this happens. So I am sticking with the program as I know it!!! Have a great friday
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Just seeing if my goals work !
Old 09-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #57
Deb

wow Jo sounds like your modivated

great goals
Old 09-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #58
Deb

1 more hour and I am off work for the weekend

going to try and re-group myself
Old 09-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #59
Deb

•6-8 Patty Pan Squash (you can also use large zucchini squash)
•2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
•1/2 sweet onion, chopped
•1-2 cloves garlic, minced
•1/2 cup dry quinoa
•1 cup beef broth (low-sodium)
•1 cup freshly shredded (good quality) Parmesan cheese
•1 cup thawed frozen spinach, squeezed and drained of all liquid (or packed fresh spinach, stems removed)
•1 lb ground grass fed beef
•Kosher or sea salt to taste
•Black Pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with a little cooking spray. Bring the beef broth to a boil over high heat. Add quinoa, reduce heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Set aside and allow to cool. Now you are ready to prepare your squash for filling. Slice the very bottom tip off the patty pan so it will lay flat in the baking dish.

Now slice the tops off the squash and carefully scoop out most of the inner flesh, being careful not to break through the sides and bottom. Dice the scooped squash into small pieces and use 1/2 of the amount for your filling. Save remaining squash for another recipe or enjoy it raw with a little sea salt.

*If you do not want to use the beef in this recipe then use all of the squash for the filling. Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and squash in the olive oil for about 3-4 minutes until onions begin to soften. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Stir in spinach (if using fresh cook until just wilted). Remove from heat and stir in cooked quinoa, cheese and season with salt and pepper.

Fill squash, full to the top, with stuffing mixture. Place tops back onto the squash and drizzle with a little olive oil. Now they are ready for the oven. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 7-10 minutes more. Enjoy!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #60
Deb

making that on sunday !!
Closed Thread