Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/229.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Slimmer by Fall--August Edition

Here is our new month thread.

I tried to post a referral comment on last month's thread and it said it was closed. I know I didn't close it. and I've never had one closed before so I don't know what is going on.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Made it to the gym today. Yeah me!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Wide awake at 5 this morning. May try to go back to sleep for an hour or two. I did make it to the gym yesterday and I'm starting to feel it today, particularly my abs. Not a bad thing though. I have a phone interview this morning and then dh and I will do the grocery shopping since he is taking the day off too!

Rachel--ready for a 5k? How's the scale treating you?

Charlene--what's up with you? What fun thing do you have going? When do you head back to school?

Diane--how are things with you today?

L2L--how's your day?

Have a good day everyone!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Wow that's really weird! I've never seen one closed before either! I have a BAD migraine today.. 4 excedrine migraine later it's still not gone :-(
Old 08-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! Got in an upper body workout this morning and had my PWO shake. Am about to color my gray and then shower and be ready for the day. DD15 and I are almost done with the entire Lost series. Just a few more episodes. It's way into the 100's here for the next several days. Pool still semi leaking, but we can use the drain to filter, so it's working out. Water bill did go down $100 since finding the leak, thank goodness. Yesterday, I cleaned carpets and did more camp laundry. I am going to make my turkey muffins and pumpkin protein bars to freeze for meals. Loading on the water today as well. Ready to make this happen.

Beth - that is weird about the last thread. I even went in there looking for your "see new thread for the new month" post. LOL

Diane - sorry about the headache. Hope it's gone today. How have things been going in your neck of the woods?

Rachel - how are you doing?

Love2Lift - great job on the 188! Can't wait to get there myself!!!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Afternoon Simmers!

My scale is psycho!! I am up 4 lbs to 130. Yesterday I was up to 132. It makes me want to go crazy!!! I am starting Shakeology shakes for breakfast. I hope to start T25 workouts on monday. I will continue to run too.

Diane: I've had a horrible headache today. It's almost shutting me down. I can't imagine dealing with a migraine.

Beth: that was weird about our last thread! Did you get back to sleep?

Charlene: this has not been good pool weather in central illinois this summer.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, I'm freaking out here.. the scale is going in the wrong wrong wrong direction! TOM is late too, so that may have something to do with it.. I have GOT to get control back NOW. I'm at that point where only a few pants/shorts fit me, and only a select few tops look ok on me (the looser ones) This was a pretty stressful week, thus the killer migraine yesterday, and the next few days/weeks will be as well.

I bought a Chillow yesterday.. figured it might be nice when I have migraines.. or just because my room is hotter than the rest of the apartment for some reason. I LOVE IT. Slept great! I'm missing my class at the gym however, because I slept too late... I think I needed it though. They say this thing is good for hot flashes, but I am not there yet.. I think it would be good for when you are sick with a fever as well.

Love2Lift: Hope you find us in here!

Beth: Ew I hate waking up earlier than I want to! I did the opposite today though.

Charlene: Headache is gone today. Even though I have a ton of stuff to do, I'm going to try to relax some this weekend. I can't stand the 90's, can't imagine over 100!

Rachel: I would love to say my scale is psycho, but I only have MYSELF to blame. I think I can gain control back today.. it was a tough week! Hope your headache went away!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
RQP
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RQP
Stats: 178/173.9/130 (5'5")
Start Date: 1 August 2013 (but LC-ing since 2002)
Hi friends! If this is a close group, I don't want to intrude... but I'm new to lowcarbfriends and I'd love to join your challenge group, "Slimmer by Fall". I first started LCing in 2003, lost about 30 pounds and kept it off for a number of years... and now, ten years later, I'm up to a weight I've never been before and am so ready to get back to fit and trim, uh, so to speak! LoL!

Let me know if I might join you all, I'm another Rachel (yay!), and if this is a closed group, that's ok, too - I totally get it!

cheers - Rachel (RQP)
Old 08-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Rachel! We are a small group, but always welcome newcomers! Jump right in!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
RQP
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Annie! What a lovely welcome! For years I was part of and posted on Low Carb Eating and found some lifelong friends there... Low Carb-ers are a great bunch! I'm re-inducting (is that a word?) this summer, with DH in tow - of course he has less to lose and will drop it faster (love the guys, but they seem luckier when it comes to losing weight)... but it's SO much easier to have company!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I know! It's so unfair! The very first time I lowcarbed, my hubby at the time lost 17 to my 9 during induction! I had the last laugh though because he gave up and gained it back and I kept going and lost 30. I eventually gained it back, but about 5 years ago I lost between 60 and 70 lbs and kept it off for the most part. I am really struggling these days and the scale has shot up.. it's scary, but I have GOT to get it in check!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Where is everyone? Must be a busy weekend! I "took the day off" yesterday. Did pretty much nothing. I needed a nothing day. I ate horribly for the most part, but woke up today feeling like yesterday was my "rock bottom" as far as eating bad. I feel sick today and nothing sounds good to eat.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:14 AM   #13

Good Morning Slimmers!

I haven't weighed yet this morning.

Yesterday's 5K was a trail run and I ran it in 37 minutes. I was not happy with my time at all. My next 5K won't be for atleast 2 weeks. I am going to try so hard to cut off a couple minutes from my time.

Tuesday I will be starting Beachbody's Focus T25 workout program. I am very excited and nervous. I am hoping to see some great results in the next 10 weeks. I am also doing shakes for atleast the next couple of weeks. I am not sure I will stick with that because they are expensive.

RQP:

Diane: You can do this!!! Hang in there!!

Beth and Charlene: What are you girls up to this weekend?
Old 08-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
RQP
Junior LCF Member

Hi All!

"Diane" - sorry I didn't realize that your user name was not your name! LoL! - forgive me! And wow, you are a star! 60-70 pound loss is amazing!! I keep feeling like the 40 pound mountain will never be conquered - you are definitely an inspiration!

Rachel... I am also so impressed with your 5Ks... I have always found it MUCH easier to control the foods and eating... I have never been a fan of exercise (even the word, "exercise" makes me want to go screaming in the opposite direction!) and have struggled over the years to find some activity - ANY activity that I could enjoy enough to do without realizing that it was, in fact, exercise. <<sigh>>

I don't weigh every day, in fact, until August 1st (4 days ago) I hadn't looked at a scale in over 5 years - having decided that I would NOT allow a little metal box in my bathroom control whether I had a good day or a bad one! So I have decided that I will measure once a week and weigh once a week, on Fridays...

It is so nice to be in LC community again... thank you again for welcoming me here!

~ Rachel (or maybe better RQP so "hhhmom" can stay as Rachel! LoL!)
Old 08-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Fighting a low-grade migraine today.. I took meds early, so hopefully it goes away. The way I have been eating, and the fact that I went from working out 5-6 days a week to 1 if I'm lucky over the past month, has me feeling pretty gross. I feel unhealthy, tired, lazy, and SO not myself. I need to get on track despite everything that is going on in my life. It only makes it all worse in a way.

RQP: You could go by Rachel2? Don't worry about calling me Annie.. its a nickname my Dad used to call me growing up.. it confuses EVERYONE at first! It sure felt great losing all that weight, but right now, I weigh more than I have in 5 years and it is terrifying! I do NOT and WILL not gain it all back, not after all that hard work! .... I have to weigh every day.. my weight fluctuates so much that it could be down all week and then jump up the one day I weigh (if I did it once a week), and I would be discouraged.

Rachel: Tell me how you like the Shakeology shakes.. I have wanted to try them but yeah, SO expensive! I miss exercise.. it seems the longer I am away from it and with my weight being up 15-20 from my "norm" I feel like Jabba the Hut!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Yes, it's been a busy weekend here - house full of teens every single day. I cook for them too. One's an outcast with an abusive father and living with another student and that student's parents are in Montana for the summer and his older siblings aren't taking care of business - ie - feeding him, etc. So, they come over here and eat every day. I've learned to be frugal and made a pot of gumbo, chicken and dumplings, homemade pizza, hot dogs and of course, Ramen noodles. LOL But, it the mean time, I have not been eating well. And it's SO HOT that doing much outside is almost nil.

You aren't gonna believe this, but I have ANOTHER jury duty in the morning! What the heck! I just served a week long trial in May - surely there are more in my county who can get picked. UGH!

Rachel 2!!! Great to have you! Jump in and be held accountable! I weigh mainly once a week - sometimes longer if I'm starting a new weight training program.

Love2Lift - how's your weekend?

Diane - what's a chillow? I'll have to look that up!

Rachel - good luck starting the new program!

Beth - how ya doing?

Off to start the day! Only one more week of being off. I soooooooo don't want summer to end. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Charlene: A Chillow is a flat pillow you fill with water (there is memory foam or something inside) and it stays cool.. you can lay right on it or put it inside your pillow case. I put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes before I go to bed and it stays cool most of the night. I think mine might be leaking a little so I might have to take it back and get a new one. It may be because it was bunched up under me at some point. Just Google it.. they are only 13.99 at BB and Beyond.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I just got back from the farmers market and bought squash, cucumbers and tomatoes. I'm going to make tomato jam. One of the BW (band wives) made some the other day and it intrigued me, so I'm going to try it. And maybe this week, if I'm feeling particularly energetic I might make some peach jam, or strawberry. Went to the gym yesterday and did my regular workout, increased my sets by 50% (back to my normal 3 sets). I was wiped out. I could barely make it back out the door. And then dh and I had a massage. I haven't had one in 2 months and OMG am I sore today. I really downed the water last night too, to make sure I washed out all of those toxins. No doubt I will feel better tomorrow. It always seems like I get to a certain point in my workouts and then get sick or hurt and have to take time off, and then I have to start over. Very frustrating.

Diane--have you tried putting an ice pack on the back of your neck, right under the occipital ridge. I have found that it helps with migraines a lot. Things will get calmed down soon and I know you'll get yourself back on track. I've been struggling too, and I'm planning on getting back on my eating plan tomorrow.

Rachel1--You are doing great with the 5k. The fact that you are doing them is pretty incredible. And trail running takes a lot more time that running on pavement or track. Don't be discouraged. The fact that you are actually doing it is pretty darn cool. Have you gotten a new scale yet or are you still dealing with your psycho scale.

Rachel2--I'm not a big fan of exercising. In the past I've had a few years where I would work out or run and then would peter out. Two years ago I joined a gym after losing 70 pounds and started going regularly. I've gained some of the weight back but I gotta say I'm so much fitter, and stronger than I've been in years. I like how I feel after I work out, but getting there is really a head game. The fitter I get, the more fun working out can be. It helps that dh likes to go too. Although many times I go by myself since my routine takes longer than his. And I do my cardio at the gym (bike and rowing machine) where he does his by taking the dog for a walk. BTW, did I say

Charlene--I can't believe you only have a week of summer left! You are such a good and kind person, feeding the neighborhood kids. Its people like you with such a kind heart that make this a better world. I get so discouraged by the state of our society sometimes, all the self entitlement and very little courtesy and respect to other (I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the country (of course I'm the poor cousin) and the attitudes of these people is unbelievable). They are all so self centered! I just experienced it at the farmers market. Makes me crazy.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #19
RQP
Junior LCF Member

Wow, you gals are so lovely, I feel so welcome! Thank you!

Diane... I have a dear friend who suffers from migraines and she finds that there are certain foods (and red wine) that she stays away from to reduce the incidents - so sorry and I hope your medicines help!

Beth, you rock on the lifting! I turned 50 last month and they say it is even MORE important for women (especially) to lift or do other regular load-bearing exercises... so "good on ya"! (as my Ozzie friends would say!) - - and I would LOVE to get to the place where I was 'getting fitter and therefore wanting to work out more...' LoL! Hey, why not?! I have always loved sports and moving 'with' someone... walking with a friend (or my mom) or, for years I was a ringer slo-pitch softball pitcher... LOVED that... just need to find something to do with someone I like!

Charlene... I second the comment about the good you are doing... the kind of 'good' that is long-lasting and effective... bless your dear !! Sounds like the crockpot gets used a lot in your kitchen!

Well... spent the morning weeding the beds of vinca (periwinkle) along the road, and I'm a bit stiff - but I do feel like I've accomplished something. Also spent the better part of yesterday prep-ing LC foods for DH and me: cole slaw, deviled eggs, cut and prepped celery, green beans, snow peas for 'snacks'.... if any of you have a good low carb recipe for eggplant, I'll welcome it - our CSA had some beauties but now I need to eat them!

Love visiting with you all! and I think I prefer either RQP or "Rach" to Rachel2 if that's ok with the group... cheers!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2Lift
Stats: 193/185/150
WOE: Atkins / protein powder
Start Date: 23rd July 2013
Hello! Found you all

good weekend - though working most of it so no gym time. I work as a carer going from home to home so got a bit wet today though bundled myself under a winter coat (and hood) between houses and car.

rain really has been bad and saw a lot of flooding locally. Saw to my horse and am hoping to ride tomorrow or tuesday. Plans are laid for redecorating our lounge.. It's taken my hubby about 11 months to admit he is going to have to HELP us do it or we'll do it without him! haha bought new curtains and some dvd shelves so we can organise things a bit better.

all in all a busy weekend.

Diet wise I'm being good.. but no movement at all! 188lb for 4 days now, I've cut back on everything today to try and force a loss but it is my TOM so a gain is the norm so am holding onto the fact the scale WILL move eventually.

Last night was full on cravings but tonight I'm fine - kids have eaten all sorts for puddings and I'm not bothered.

23rd July - 193lb
29th July - 190lb
5th Aug - 187lb

Initial goal - 170lbs
Ideal goal - 150lbs
Old 08-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Starting the day off with a lay in (up at 8 instead of 5 or 6 am felt wonderful)! off work for 2 days now and the scale moved!! Yes my cycle has finished and I'm 1lb down! It's still great I held my weight the same the entire cycle for me that is amazing I normally end up being 3lb heavier or so. So to finish it and then be 1lb down I am taking as a triumph and I can move on to lose more now.

hoping to hit the gym today or tomorrow full day juggling stuff today so might be tomorrow though but we'll see.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hi guys
Hope you don't mind me joining you?
I've tried everything this year to get my weight down and then hit an all time high of 200 mid-July and have started a weekly weigh in with my doctors since then.
Week 1 - down 3lbs
Week 2 - up 1lb (TOM)
Week 3 - weigh in Wednesday... hope I've done ok! x
Old 08-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! It's a new day and I'm off to a great start! Water in hand, about to workout and then on to the cooking and freezing.

Genie! Sure you can join in. It seems this time of year we are all struggling a little and need each other to be held accountable. Post away. What plan are you using? We are a small group. 3 of them have been together for many years and I joined in 2 years ago. We've had a couple of new members come in here lately. It's wonderful to see the new faces and encourage each other to do better!

I am going to get back to LiveFit again with Jamie Eason and do her meal plan as well. That seems to work well for me. I will start on phase 2 though since I've already been through the program twice. I bought all the stuff for my meals but have yet to make them. I will after I work out this morning.

No jury duty! It got cancelled! Yay!!!

Rachel2 - Look at you go! Awesome! I am an early riser myself. I usually set my alarm for 4:00 a.m. but this summer have been much lax. It'll all start back next week when I go back to work. I did get up at 6 this morning though.

Heya to everyone else!!! Up and at 'em! Let's do this! A perfect day to make a new start -on a Monday!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the Welcome
I'm restricting 1500-1600 calories a day, I have tried Dukan & Atkins which I find really easy and do really well for about 3 weeks on but then I binge and undo all my hard work. Decided enough was enough so spoke to my doctor and now have to go see the nurse each week to have my weight recorded so no messing up mid-week & thinking to heck with it I'll start again on Monday... gotta keep at it!
I've booked a holiday to Tenerife for next July so that's my mission... lose 50 lbs by then!

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 08-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Awwww - good plan. I am semi low carb. I lost 60 pounds doing my own thing - basically cutting sugar and bread and substituting low carb foods for the higher ones I want. I always drink a post workout shake after my morning workouts. I went to a dinner for orphans last September and ate an entire meal there, including bread and dessert, and since then, have had a hard time losing and getting back on plan. I have been the exact same weight for the past 6 months because I see an endocrinologist every 6 months and I was the same weight to the ounce this last time. READY to see a loss again!!! I would love to lose another 50. Let's do this thing! I'm on my second glass of water and got my workout in already.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Just off the phone from an interview. Hopefully I'll move onto the next step. We'll see. I'm not too sore today, although yesterday I was really aching from the workout and the massage. What was really interesting was what I felt the most, my neck! Not the back of my neck where I store all of my tension, but the front and sides of it, probably from the workout. You know how you grimace during some of the routines? Who knew that the neck was getting a good working out too? I made tomato jam yesterday and it took forever because my idea of simmer and the recipe’s were two different things. I’ll have to see if it set up. I’m going to try peach or strawberry later this week. I can give them as gifts for the holidays. Will try to make it to the gym today. I actually have work to do today!

Charlene—WTG on the workout! Time for us to get back on track! Even though the scale hasn’t gone down, you’ve pretty much stayed the same and that’s a great thing. Gives your body time to adjust to a new normal before you head off and change that normal again. I think maintaining is much harder than losing.

Rach—I’m on the downslope after 50, and for some reason it took me this long to get to the point to “enjoy” exercise. Well, enjoy isn’t exactly the right word. Tolerate, perhaps. Because I can so see the difference it has made in my body and my ability to move around and have a life, that’s why I do it. It doesn’t take much to see results. I have really bad knees (bone and bone in both) and working out has increased both my stability, flexibility, strength and endurance. I can now do squats to parallel (my thighs are parallel to the floor). I couldn’t do that when I started. I had to use a stability ball and roll down the wall to like 45 degrees. Its taken a while, but I’m much fitter. I’ve been having a low back problem for a while and I’m working on that. I want to have a strong and fit life for the next 30+ years and that means I need to start that way. I realize I’m no longer invincible.

Rachel—find anymore 5ks? What are you up to?

L2L—being the same weight (or less) at the end of a cycle is great. Enjoy your time off.

Gina— Jump right in. I know the cycle. I think we’ve all been there. Just keep on trying. It will stick at one point and you’ll be happily on your way (weigh).

Diane—how you doing today? I started to get a migraine yesterday too. I took one dose of my meds immediately and it went away. DH and I cleaned our grill yesterday. It needed it!

Must get some work done. I want to get to the gym today. Have a good one.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Gina I'm new here too the ladies have all been really welcoming.

Bethr - thanks am thankful not to have seen a gain. It's been a lovely day and new curtains are up already - ironed and look gorgeous! can't believe what a difference they make without decorating. New units go up tomorrow then some final prep work and painting can begin. Lovely day off and got a few bits for return to school for my girls too.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

I made it to the gym but was kinda tired so I only did cardio. They have a new rowing machine so I did 20 minutes on it, and 10 on the bike and my stretching routine. I start to get on myself about not doing this or that. But hey, I went to the gym. I did cardio. I broke a sweat, I got my heart rate up there. That should be good enough! So there!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #29

Morning Slimmers!

Let's try this again. Already typed a post this morning and something happened and right before I hit submit it was gone.

The scale seems to be stuck at 130 again. I am starting Focus T25 today. I have taken my before pictures and measurements. I hopt to lose 10 lbs and several inches by the end of the 10 week program. Here are my current measurements.
Chest 33.5"
L arm 11"
R arm 11.5"
Waist 32" @ belly button
Hips 39.5"
L thigh 22.5"
R thigh 22"

Beth: good job on your cardio! I am still looking for more local 5Ks this month. If I cant find any my next one will be September 2.

Charlene: woo hoo on no jury duty! Boo hoo on going back to school!

RAchel2: feels strange typing that. Lol. I wouldnt say I love to workout but it does make me feel so much better. It is much easier to control my eating than to workout.

Genie: glad to have you join us!

Love2lift:congrats on not gaining during your cycle! My body is mean to me during that time and I usually gain 5-7 lbs.

Diane: how ya doing?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcomes ladies
My official weigh in is tomorrow morning, ate really clean yesterday and trying to do the same today so fingers crossed for some good results! x
Closed Thread