Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/242/229.5 by 6/30/13
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 10/21/10
Good afternoon,

I'm almost as happy as a camel on Wednesday! I love that commercial. "Oh comeon Julie, I know you can hear me?" I don't know why it is so funny. I'm really wiped out today. Don't know if I will make it to the gym or not. If I do, it will be for just cardio. My body is still sore from the weight workout and I don't want to antagonize it. I like the good hurt, you know the kind you feel when you stretch in the morning before you get up. You know you've done something good, but you just don't quite yet know how good? Been really having trouble concentrating on work today. I mean really tough. Usually its not this hard.

Charlene--I know it is all about the way we eat, isn't it. Gym helps but food makes (or breaks) the woman. Good for you for getting back on track.

Diane--what up?

Rachel--when's your next race?

Gina--hey there!

Have a good one all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Did well today.. and my shakes arrived today! I am waiting until morning to try one though. I bought a Magic Bullet to blend them (Beth I didn't see your comment until now, so I'm glad you like it!). It comes with a couple of 22 oz travel cups you can just blend and go! Yay! The shake mix smells yummy. I am really hoping for more energy like they promise!

No exercise so far this week, but I am planning to go Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.

The scale is literally creeping down little by little. Hmmm, actually I have lost 3 lbs since Sunday.. not too bad, except that I know I COULD reverse that in the blink of an eye all in one day if I were bad. Stinks how it works that way.

Only 5 days until school starts for me. I am not ready! I think the theme of my intermediate composition class is... uhh.. writing about writing. Better than the last two times I tried to take it I guess... then again, maybe sports writing would have been the easier subject even though I dropped it like a hot potato when I saw what it was about. The second time I ran screaming from this class, it was all about writing about your degree. Wow. So hmm, writing about writing... we shall see! I'm stuck with it regardless! I'm going to TRY not to stress over it too much.. I have enough stress without worrying about essays.. (easier said than done).

The little girl I take care of is starting kindergarten tomorrow.. I think it will go well. She has sensory issues and it was UGLY when she put on her uniform (polo shirt and jumper) for a practice run. Screaming, crying, pulling the skirt up.. holy cow. The parents warned me! The first day I took her for a walk.. the whole first 20 minutes she screamed and cried "Take it OFF!" and holding her skirt up to her waist.. then we went to the pond to see the fish and she started to calm down. She wore it another hour and a half without any problem! Then today, I reminded her how well she did yesterday.. she wore it for 6 hours and not ONE TEAR or complaint! I sent her mom a picture of her smiling in her uniform.. she said "Holy crap! You must have the magic touch!" yeah... it was a decent day at work.

My dad is sending me his Kindle Fire.. he won it in a contest and doesn't really use it and heard I was thinking of getting either that or an ipad or nook.. so he asked me if I would like it!

Charlene: Funny, we are almost the same weight! I was 202.4 this morning. I STILL can't believe I am up so high!!! (or how difficult it is to lose it now).

Beth: Oh my gosh! That would be awesome if we could meet! I know it didn't work out that time we were both in San Diego.

Hi to everyone else! Where are you?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I don't get it. Back up abt a lb. Soooooo frustrated! I had my first shake this morning, it was good but took a little getting used to.. I didn't have anything to add to it yet but I will by tomorrow! Love the little Bullet blender.. It works great! No ice chunks at all! Since I had my shake I skipped the frappuccino.. need to cut back on those anyway. Maybe I'll just have them days I go to the gym. I'm soooooo tired though... might just have to get one today.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/140/120 5'4"
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good morning Slimmers!

Sorry I have been MIA this week. I am struggling with DD19 being back at college. My sister in law pointed out that its depression. Now that she said that I am ready to fight it off!

The scale is back up to 131 this morning. I am still eating on plan and doung my workouts so I will blame it on TOM. I refuse to gain weight from depression so I am gonna have to fight hard this year.

Wouldnt it be great if all of us here could meet in real life? I feel like I want to meet you guys for coffee. I love you all and all the support we give each other.

Diane: so glad you ordered the shakes! I have one for breakfast every single morning. I feel like it keeps me on plan for the day. It is amazing that I dont have any cravings. I got a diet dr pepper yesterday thinking it would help get rid of my headache. I had to worse myself to drink 1/3 of it. Can you beleive I dont like diet dr pepper anymore?? I was an addict with it and now it is gone without even trying to stop!

Beth: how is the new job going? My next race is Labor Day! I cant wait! Any gigs this weekend?

Charlene: hows school going? Good job on getting your workout in! Have you done any 5Ks lately?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #95

Diane: kill 2 birds with 1 stone........add cold coffee, a splash of almond milk or cream and ice to your chocolate shake mix. Its just like a mocha frappe!! Its amazing plus healthy!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/210/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! Got in a super tough workout this morning and I feel great! I'm having a second cup of coffee and am about to make my PWO shake. I really fought off hunger pangs last night and the temptation to go eat too late. I am so glad I didn't do it. I was really debating with myself and trying to bargain with myself that I was going to get up and work out this morning. Gosh, it's a battle!

Rachel - I LOVE to add coffee to my shakes. YUMMY! I am so happy so are grabbing the bull by the horns and tackling this urge to curl up in a ball. I know I have dealt with depression over situational things before and we are lucky we can face it head on and fight it. Some people can't do it without help. I think my help comes form people like y'all and my friends here at home. I would LOVE LOVE to meet y'all one day!

Beth - that's so funny we both posted about the camel commercial on Wednesday! LOL! How's your week been? TGIF!!! I get off at 1:00 again today. I can't believe my kids go back Monday!

Diane - that was a GREAT story about your little girl and her uniform. You are awesome!!! I will have to check into the magic bullets. I have always looked at them, but just never wanted to spend the $.

Hey Rach, Gina, and Jane! Hope we didn't lose you gals. Jump back in!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #97

Just a quick TGIF Slimmers before I head out the door. I will try to post later but I have a busy crazy 3 days. I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

I did terrible yesterday. Better today, but not perfect. My shake this morning was really good! I added some unsweetened almond milk and a tbs. of natural peanut butter and some ice. Yum!!! Made ALL the difference!

Rachel: I will try that at some point, but I don't have any coffee at home. I never make it, just get my frapps at SB. So far I am not noticing any kind of increase in energy.. in fact, I've been pretty tired! (2 mornings with no frapps in a row could be the culprit). I felt like the first half of the day I didn't have any cravings and felt good, but like I said, I wasn't perfect.. ............ Yes that would be awesome to all meet some day!

Charlene: Unfortunately we didn't practice with the shoes! She is used to wearing Crocs which are loose fitting and no socks.. well, the poor little thing had a real issue with the uniform shoes the first day of school.. she looked like Bambi walking to the bus! (Or like a little dog you put dog shoes on for the first time). ..... I got the Magic Bullet at Bed Bath and Beyond for $50.. way more than I wanted to spend, but I'm very happy with it.

Beth: Hiya!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Something is funky... I noticed when I got home after work yesterday that I felt really tired, but not sick. This morning I woke up in the middle of a dream (which is weird being that no noise woke me up and no alarm set).. the first thing I noticed was I felt extremely fatigued.. after sleeping? I felt more tired than when I went to bed. I have a little bit of body aches too.. I just feel yucky. My youngest two were going to go with me tonight to see Adam Ant, but now I'm not so sure it's a good idea. Guess I'll have to play it by ear. We didn't get tickets yet at least.

I had another so-so day eating yesterday, but plan to do much better today. With me not feeling good it might just make it easier!

Not much going on for me this weekend other than maybe Adam Ant.. but I do have to drive all the way to one of the other campuses to get one of my books, so I hope I'm not going to be too sick.. I need it for Monday! Other than that I'm just going to take it easy and prepare for classes next week.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening everyone!

I finally had my mri yesterday. DH had to sit in the room with me in order for me to get through it. At least that is over with. I have hangover from the medication today so I didn't do much today. Back to the gym tomorrow.

Diane--you may just be fighting a virus which is making you really tired but not sick. Something like that was going around earlier this year. Take it easy this weekend. Hope you feel better. I loved the story about the little girl and her uniform.

Charlene--what are you up to this weekend--the last before your girls head back to school?

Rachel--what's up with you?

Hi to everyone else! Come back and visit!

I'm ready for a nap! The dog had a spa day today. Bath, nails clipped, ears cleaned and teeth brushed. She is so pretty !
Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. This is my last free day - students return to school tomorrow, including my own. I'm not sure how they are going to adjust their summer sleep schedule. LOL DD15 and I got invited to tag along for a shopping trip to Waco yesterday so that took the entire day. We left at 9:30 a.m. and didn't return until after 5:30 p.m. I meant to do some household stuff yesterday but I guess today I dig in and get it done. I'm actually letting everyone sleep in today and get good and rested so we can all help around here.

Beth - so glad you finally got that MRI done! I know that was frustrating for you. Now I hope you get some answers! So I take it your dh didn't come down with the full blown sickness when he was getting ill?

Diane - oh no on the little girl's shoes!!! Poor baby! How miserable. I know that's the one thing I dreaded going back to work after wearing flip flops all summer. It's so uncomfortable!

Hey Rachel! Glad you peeked in! Hope to hear how you've been when things settle down!

Have a GREAT day!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I am going to the gym today. I am going to the gym today. I am going to the gym today. I am going to the . . . I am going .... to.... the...... gym..... TODAY! Trying to convince myself. It has been a quiet few days. I'm not as hung over from the medication so I think I'll make it, although I feel like I'm coming down with what dh had. Not the fever. He ended up with a light cold. He seems much better now. Nothing else new or exciting. I've got a busy work week ahead of me. No gigs this weekend, but one next week. And I'm going to make reservations to go up to the ranch for dh's birthday. We won't be going to Hawaii this year, just can't afford it. But we are planning on going next year for our 20th wedding anniversary.

Charlene--enjoy your last day of freedom. Back to the grindstone for us all!

Diane--how are you feeling? Sounds like the concert was a lot of fun.

Rachel--what up? How ya doing?

Hi to everyone else?

Have a great Sunday.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Last night was SO much fun! And to think I almost didn't go.. Adam Ant was my absolute fav as a teen, and I have always loved his music. This was the third time I saw him.. once in the 80's at the height of his career, once in the 90's during his first comeback, and again last night. I am absolutely in shock that my ears aren't ringing! We waited an hour afterwards to try to meet him, but no luck. At least I got to touch his boot while he was onstage.

I am paying for the fun, noise, and 2 Bud Lites that I had I knew I would wake up with a migraine, but didn't take my midrin last night because I was sooooo tired. As I thought I woke up with a migraine but decided to take the midrin this morning even though it makes me sleepy.. figured I needed some extra rest anyway! Sooooo I have spent the day in bed! I had to take the midrin again a little bit ago because the headache was coming back.

School starts tomorrow! I never went to get my other book Sat. so I will have to go tomorrow.. I also have my fibers class in the afternoon.. that I'm looking forward to. Painting on Wed. night!

I have done really good today. I had one of the shakes, and a lean cuisine for lunch. Ahhh the meds are kicking in.. I'll check in tomorrow!

Beth: Did you make it to the gym?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! About to work out, then start my morning routine of making lunches, waking kids, listening to girls fuss about their hair and makeup....for the next 9 months. LOL! My youngest dd has athletics in the mornings which means after today, she has to be at the gym before 7:00 so I will have to plan accordingly.

Beth - did you make it to the gym?

Diane - I saw the pictures. Looked like a fun time!

Off to lift ....have a GREAT mOnday!!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Yes.

Yes I did.

And I'm feeling it today.

A lot!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Got in a good workout today and did 30 min of cardio yesterday. First day of school, dd13 had a meltdown that evening because she was so tired. I had to sleep with her - she cried herself to sleep - athletics to start and end the day was just too much for her to handle. She did better yesterday. I had to pick up dd15 from nurse yesterday throwing up. Great way to start the year - missing class the 2nd day. LOL She seemed better last night.

Hope everyone is doing well. Eating was pretty good yesterday - could have done better. Have a GREAT day!
Old 08-28-2013, 04:54 AM   #107

Morning Slimmers!

Sclae is up but TOM is here. I had a rough weekend with not eating on plan or working out. Back on track since Monday though. My next 5K is Monday morning. I am looking forward to see if I can shave any time off. It will have been a month since I ran a race. I have atleast 2 more 5Ks this month.

Charlene: your poor DD starting off the school year sick! And your other DD I hope she feels better too.

Beth: good job getting to the gym!

Diane: how are you liking the shakes?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #108

Today is the 1st day I actually feel like myself again. I feel so much better today. Hoping I have more days like this.

Taking DS16 to look at a car tonight then we are going out for supper. He has been working 6 days a week so I dont get to see him much.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all!

Do you know what day it is? Hump DAY! And I'm exhausted. This working stuff is taking it out of me. This is going to be a four day week, not a three day one. But a four day weekend will be good. Haven't been to the gym since Sunday. Yesterday I did a tour of a facility so I was walking for over an hour. My leg is hurting a lot. I heard back from my dr.'s office. I do not have a pinched nerve. OK, then what the heck is wrong, cuz I'm still in pain. Don't think I'll get to the gym before Friday unless I feel particularly motivated after I get back from a meeting tomorrow. And I've got errands to do.
Rachel--glad to hear that you're feeling like yourself. Your ds has been working? Got your running shoes on?

Charlene—sounds like a rough start to the year for your kids. How are doing with the transition?

Diane—so how’s school?

I gotta find something to eat. Have a great evening!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:30 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF Slimmers! Got in an amazing chest and back workout plus this 20 min. HIIT workout I found on the internet. I am whooped! Whew! I used my Kindle Fire to play the video out in the exercise room. Worked great. Football game tonight and I am hosting Pokeno at my house next Tuesday night, so I am going to scrub my house this weekend. DD13 got invited to the beach for the weekend, so that will be fun.

Beth - Do they not know what is up with your leg after that MRI? I thought those things could tell you just about everything? Man, that's frustrating! Hope you made it through the work week ok! I did well. Got to all my schools including the ones I am subbing in for the counselor who is out with back surgery. I'll be very busy. Believe it or not one of my schools is going on Monday, so I plan on working while my family sleeps in! LOL

Rachel - so did y'all find a car? Are you still feeling good?

Diane - yoohoo!!! Where are you?

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Head cold.. need I say more? ughhhhhhh... I think I got it from the 2 year old I take care of. Either that or it's fall allergies, and although sometimes it's really hard for me to tell the difference, this seems to be a cold or flu. Well, I am off all next week! What to do? What to do? ..... oh yeah! HOMEWORK. I'll be cleaning and organizing my apartment as well. Clean out and vacuum my car... etc...

I have not been to the gym at all. My eating has been pretty good, but I have only lost a couple lbs. This is THE HARDEST time I have ever had losing weight! It seems that nothing I've done before works anymore! Hopefully with being off of work I can really get in complete control, get back to the gym, and get back into Onederland. I am meeting a few painting class buddies from last semester for lunch Monday (Indian)... so hopefully that doesn't mess me up too much!

Beth: Man that stinks you STILL don't know what up with your leg! School is ok so far. The first few weeks are crazy, just trying to make sure everything is done when it's supposed to be. I'm glad I don't have my fibers class Monday, so I will have an extra week to get the stuff done for that! I STILL need a theme for my 'body of work' for painting class... I have no clue.

Rachel: I really hate how TOM messes with us so much on the scale! It's just not fair. I think he is due to visit me within the next week as well.

Charlene: How do you like your Kindle? My dad sent me his, but it either got lose or stolen (it is shown as "delivered" but I never got it).. My Dad is sending me the money for it now (I told him not to), but anyway, I have an iPhone, and I really think I want an iPad mini so I can have the same apps and take pictures, etc.. I just don't know if I want to spend the extra to get an iPad instead of a Kindle. I don't really need one of these things for reading (I like real books).. just getting on the internet at school and using it for painting class (reference pictures, etc)..

Did we lose ALL the newbies?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Diane - I love my kindle fire. We have the big ipad from my work, the mini ipad from dh's work and the Fire. The iPads get used the most but I love the fact if we have an English assignment and need to watch a movie real quick, I can rent it off the kindle. hehehe
Old 08-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all!

I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday. That is so not like me. Work has been very busy this week. I'm just not used to it yet. I did make it to the gym today, and only did cardio. I knew if I did a weight workout I'd get that post workout soreness and be too sore to go on Monday.

Tomorrow starts a new month and I am going to start the new thread tonight. So be sure to look for Slimmer by Fall--September Edition.

I've been very weepy the last few days. In less than two weeks it will be the 1 year anniversary of my mom's passing and I've been thinking about her a lot. I suspect the next few weeks might be a little challenging.

BBL for personals.

Hope you are all doing well!
Closed Thread