Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning all!

I forgot that the rowing machine is a great upper body workout too! My upper back and neck are a little stiff and sore this morning. I guess that is a good thing. Not a lot on the agenda today, chores and a hair appointment. I'm a wee bit tired. It has been unseasonably cool this week. Its still overcast today.

Rachel--I agree, its easier to control a workout than my eating. I'm trying to get back on plan today. We'll see how it goes. I'll have to check out T25.

Gina--congrats on eating clean. That is a really big deal.

L2L--its amazing what a few simple changes can do to a room. Last year we had new floors installed upstairs, and upgraded our kitchen counter to granite (with a new sink, faucet and trash compactor). Those things made us fall in love with our house all over again!

Hi to everyone else!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #32
RQP
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RQP
Stats: 178/173.9/130 (5'5")
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1 August 2013 (but LC-ing since 2002)
Hi all... Love what a busy thread this is!

Beth, thanks for the encouragement! And I feel for you with the back pain, my DH has degenerative disc disease and he goes for months without issue and then suddenly can be laid out, it's horrible! I have to admit that I used to LOVE the rowing machine - the old kind with the big spinning wheel in the front, gyms don't have them anymore...

Rachel, no worries! I like going by RQP (or Rach) so we are easily distinguished! I have to say that your measurements and your current weight are my dream numbers... LoL! So I wish you great success in your efforts... AND... I am eager for the day I can post your current numbers and say - woo hoo!!

Gina... - so glad to see you here! I'm a newbie on this thread as well, it's a lovely group!

Jane... I can't wait to hear more about the decorating on the lounge - I love renos! And brava for you, passing on the puddings - hard to keep on the straight and narrow when the goodies are all around - I always do better on low-carb when DH joins me... makes life easier!

Need your advice: does anyone have any thoughts about keeping the calories up during induction? I don't have any trouble reaching the 20-30 net carbs, but my calories are generally too low and I really don't want to send my poor body into starvation mode - I've been there before and it's harder to lose then... Any advice would be welcome...

Cheers all, RQP

Last edited by RQP; 08-06-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Morning Slimmers!

Scale is still at 130! I did T25 workout last night. O my goodness I love it!! I will continue running and some weight training also.

Rachel2: didnt mean you couldnt go by Rachel. I have just never called anyone else Rachel. You will post those stats too. Years ago I never dreamed I would be able to write those #s.

Beth: how is your leg doing?

Genie: good job on eating clean!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
Good morning! My summer is quickly fading away. *cry cry cry*

I've done my girls' school clothes shopping online again - they HATE to shop - and bought the young one's school supplies already. All I have left to do is buy dd15 school supplies.

Took the kiddos and dh to see The Conjuring again last night - only 2 of us had seen it and the other 4 had not. I think it was just as scary the second time! Yikes! hehehe It was a fun evening though. Planning a last weekend before I go to work fishing trip to my sister's in Mineral Wells. She and I are talking again...never really understood why she quit talking to me, but I let it rest and now all seems ok again. I'm not bringing anything up again. lol

Beth - glad you made it to the gym. It always makes me feel good to get my workout in.

Rachel - I know with all the working out you're doing - you have gained muscle. I'm glad you took the measurements...that's the true sign you're losing right there. Good luck with the program!

Jane - What lifting program do you do? I love to use Jamie Eason's LiveFit. It's tedious, but I always see such good results. I also found a Women's College Basketball lifting program I use when I get bored.

Hey Diane, Genie and Rach! Hope you all are doing well!!

Have a great day!!!
Charlene

Last edited by sports_mom; 08-07-2013 at 06:43 AM..
Old 08-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hello ladies, had my official weigh-in this morning and down another 2lbs so 4lbs in 3 weeks so feeling very pleased with myself
Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #36
RQP
Junior LCF Member

Way to go Gina!! I weigh in on Friday (and measure as well) for my first week, and I admit I'm kind of nervous! You are doing great! It really is not good to lose more than a 1-1.5 pounds a week - the body responds poorly (and you'll gain it back more easily, at least that what I've read!)...

Another gorgeous day here in Western MA... we've had more than a week of absolutely stunning weather (more like Sept weather)... clear, blue skies, low humidity, temps in the low to mid -70s during the day, 50s at night... I've been sleeping like a log... love that!

Hope you are all having a great week!

RQP
Old 08-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2Lift
Stats: 193/185/150
WOE: Atkins / protein powder
Start Date: 23rd July 2013
Hi ladies

Gina - well done!! that is great losses

Bethr - I love the american 'tools' in kitchens of waste disposals and rubbish compactors - we in Britain are largely old school - we recycle a really large amount of our waste but no tools to make it smaller in the process. really is nice to smarten up our homes Kitchen and hallway is next! haha

sportsmom - I use Wendlers 5/3/1 generally unless I fancy just 'going for it' in which case I do far too many sets but I do stop myself doing that too often but try a PB on those days. I have been bad going to the gym this week think my mo-jo needs a boost of some sort. not sure if it's the low carb aspect but I'm just really tired and living room and my girls took up last two days off so gotta get there this weekend if not before.

RQP would be so much more easier without kids eating bad things and a house full of them, but hey-ho.

Hubby did the unit's today but needs to drill for secure straps to be fitted to stop them tipping (as they're tall) and finish the wall off, had the girls tidy toys back upstairs that had crept downstairs. So he has no excuse they're prepared for it all to start tomorrow and we'll crack on with painting from there. it'll take time, but will be more oppulant colour scheme - it's been neutral for a few years but we're changing to dark purple curtains, a darker version of lime green and a wallpaper with both of those in it in thin stripes with a shine through one colour of stripes (ceiling to floor).
I'd love a new carpet or flooring in time but that'll have to wait for a bit. I will give the carpet it's annual deep clean before winter sets in though - always nice to freshen it up when it's time to get cosy against the weather and for Christmas.

weight is ticking along nicely another half lb today. so that is 3 lb a week for the last 3 weeks (I started before coming back here).

23rd July - 193lb
29th July - 190lb
5th Aug - 187lb

Initial goal - 170lbs
Ideal goal - 150lbs

Last edited by Love2Lift; 08-07-2013 at 10:45 AM..
Old 08-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

It so happens that next week I will start working! I have a 6 month temp gig, working part time. And with my part time rate, I will be making close to or more than I was making full time. I'm cool with that. Its something. And you never know where things might go from there. I'm guessing I'll be working something like 1/2 time for a month or so.

Rach--the rowing machine at my gym has some type of flywheel in the front, but its covered. It may actually send out a breeze. The old one did, and it helped cool the person rowing. The new one is more comfortable ergonomically. As to keeping up calories, I would look at making sure you have plenty of fat intake. Fat is a necessity in Atkins, which seems counterintuitive after all the bad hype fat has gotten on low calorie diets. That will keep your calories up. It will also keep you feeling fuller and not as hungry until ketosis has fully set in.

Rachel--my leg is doing OK. It seems to have calmed down and I'm trying to be more proactive in stretching and icing. We have a 2-gig weekend coming up this weekend and that will be a good compass of how I'm feeling. After the last 2-gig weekend I was in agony. WTG on your workout!

Charlene--guess we'll both be back at work next week. The summer sure has flown by. Although our weather is more fall-like. Highs in the upper 60/low 70s. Glad to hear you are back talking to your sister.

Gina--congrats on the weight loss. You should be very pleased with yourself!

L2L--nice job on the scale for you too! My favorite colors are lime green and purple. They are the accent colors that I use, along with an orange in my home. My walls are a neutral (kind of a warm grey) and then I use accent walls for color, or furniture. My home was built in the late 80s which is why we have the appliance. Before we lived here, we lived in a house that was built in the 20s and nothing was new. I had a big unfunctional kitchen with a total of 3 lineal feet of countertop. Our kitchen is small by todays standards, but it is perfectly laid out and perfect for one person working in it. Not too many steps in any direction.

Diane--how are you doing? What's new? Are you getting some rest?

Have a good day all. I have bird screaming at me to clean his cage. He can be such a noodnik.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newgrace
WOE: atkins
Start Date: august 2013
hi,
am a newbie and wanted to join the challenge. how do i join?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

newgrace--just jump on in and tell us about yourself and your goals. We are a small group. Some of us have been together for a long time but we always welcome new folks to the group. Each challenge is 3 months (with a new thread each month) and you choose whatever goal you want for that time frame. We're here to give each other support, encouragement and accountability.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

RQP - From what I've read if you lose slow & steady your skin etc,. has more of a chance to adapt so you don't end up with as much loose skin when you hit your goal which I'm all for!

Jane - The dark purple sounds fab That's what I'm hoping for our bedroom, we have a feature wall done in dark green at the moment and I want to change it to a coffee colour and have dark purple curtains to match the throw and cushions I have in there. Oh, and well done with the 3lbs a week!!

Bethr - Way to go on the job front!

Newgrace - Welcome.. I'm new too, everyone here is lovely though

Back in work today, I don't work Wednesdays. My boss is stuck in traffic so I have an hour or so to chill before she gets here

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 08-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #42

Good morning Slimmers!

I am feeling fabulous this week! I am not sure if it is T25, the shakes or just that I am back 110%! even though the scale hasnt moved I am feeling slimmer. My size 6 jean shorts are getting loose. I wear mostly running shorts so its hard to tell that I am losing inches.

Getting ready for a weekend getaway with my girl and my mom. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon. I am looking forward to it although eating on plan will be difficult.

Genie: have a good day at work.

Newgrace:

Beth: glad your leg is better! Congrats on your new job!

Love2lift: congrats on your weight loss!

Charlene: when do you go back to school? My kids start back august 19.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgrace View Post
hi,
am a newbie and wanted to join the challenge. how do i join?
Hi and welcome! I'm quite new too as joined at the end of July. I'm sure you'll find all friendly and supportive.

Gina - sounds lovely! I've an all white bedroom but a very purple bathroom (and black). it's catching on.. and it's my fav colour!

hhmom - thanks
Old 08-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #44
RQP
Junior LCF Member

Hi gals!

Since I will be on the road tomorrow morning, I did my weekly weigh-in and measure this morning... and... I'm down 4.1 pounds to 173.9 (I love induction... it's the only time, really, you see jumps like this!) and I am down a total of 3.5 inches (I measure neck, bicep, forearm, chest, waist, hips thigh calf). So I'm very happy with that!

Jane... boy, do I want to clock 3 pounds a week like you have - wow, wow, wow!!

Rachel, what good news! Feeling great is so awesome, makes a huge difference in how we face life - sounds like you'll have a great time with your girl and your mom! (And thanks for your encouragement on the numbers!)

Hi Newgrace - I'm a newbie here, too... it's a great group!

Beth, congrats on the part-time work.. it sounds perfect... can I ask what you do? (I am a consultant myself and work from home, so I'm always curious about others)

Gina, I'm with you on the skin thing... I have seen older women out there with the loose skin and I'm really hoping not to end up with that... it's funny, I have strong arms, but you wouldn't notice under all the fat!

Well cuties... I'm off for a few days on the road, but I'll check back in on Friday afternoon, maybe, if I can, and if not, then later, perhaps in the weekend... I wish everyone a wonderful weekend!!

~ ~ RQP
Old 08-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! I couldn't get back on yesterday because the internet and phone service went down for several hours. Last night I helped a friend pack up her classroom as she got a job at a different school. Tomorrow we are having a garage sale, so the girls and I have been cleaning out closets, etc. This morning I am doing heavy cleaning so that is my workout because I am taking my group of teens fishing this weekend and then it's back to work full time. I am so not ready!

Gina - look at you go! Yippee on the nice weight loss! Keep it up!!!

Rach! YAY for you too!!! That's an awesome loss!!! Are you exercising as well?

Jane
- I'll have to look up that program. I'm all about changing things up occasionally. Love the color scheme you've chosen! Purple is my favorite color! Good luck with all the painting.

Rachel - Glad you are feeling better about everything! I know you will enjoy your weekend. How nice!

Beth - Woe is us on the work thing. Although you are probably ready since you've been home so long. I just will miss being at home with my kids even though I'm right down the road and can come home for lunch. I'll be SO BUSY the first month of school because one of us 3 counselors had back surgery and will be out for a while, so the other two of us are taking on his caseload of kids to make sure they are seen while he is out. I'll be doing a lot of driving and working right up to the bell.

Diane - where you be girl?

newgrace!! Wow , we are getting a lot of new faces and it's so nice! This is the most we've had in a long time!!! Feel free to jump in and contribute, get/give advice. What plan are you using?

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening all!

I had a meeting in the city today and I will be starting my new gig on Monday. YIKES! I'm not quite ready, and I'll have to rearrange my schedule. Looks like I'll be working 3 days a week for now. Probably 4 days a week in September, October and November. And then back to 3 days a week for the last three month. I've been eating pretty clean yesterday and today. I went to the gym yesterday and upped my sets to 3 for my alternate workout.

Rach--I'm an architect specializing in healthcare planning/design. I'll be working on a project that has a specialized expertise required. Now doubt I'll have a permanent job by next spring (she says optimistically). I lost my job last July and then my mom died two months later. I wasn't really ready to start the job search until this spring and things are not that great in my area for my profession. Have a great trip. And congrats on the weight loss.

Rachel--so glad to hear you so enthusiastic again. All of your working out has really been paying off. Today I had to hike up a hill after I parked my care and it was surprisingly easy for me. It wouldn't have been a few years ago.

Charlene--sounds like you'll be jumping in with both feet when you head back to work. I'm ready and then, not so much. But perhaps I'll have another break after this gig ends.

Hi to Gina, Newgrace, Jane and Diane!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday slimmers!

What have you all got planned for the weekend? I'm going out for a birthday meal for my OH tomorrow night and his Mums invited us for Sunday lunch so seems like it's going to be a weekend of eating.. oh dear... I must be good

Possibly going to a cat show Saturday afternoon also as one of the boys I bred (I breed Abyssinian cats under the prefix Naughtypaw, you can see pics here on my website) is going to his first show x
Old 08-09-2013, 03:45 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Wide awake at 3 am. Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Detox symptoms are settling in, bad headache and body aches. Why does that always surprise me? This is a 2 gig weekend. And I plan on jam making later today. Don't know if I'll make the gym or not given how I feel.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, where is everyone?

I've been jammin' all day. I am so tired after not sleeping and my body is hurting. I think I hit induction detox. And I've hardly been hungry all day. So far I have made strawberry jalapeno jam, low sugar blueberry jam, lavender blueberry jam and low sugar raspberry. Next up is nectarine, ginger nectarine and peach. I'll probably do a pure strawberry jam too. Guess what I'm giving for the holidays?

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies

Saturday here and have spent the last few hours taming my garden - weeding, cutting grass, trimming shrubs that have flowered already and must say it looks a lot better. we live on a hillside so it's harder work than it would be were it flat, but been enjoyable. lunch outside with the girls was lovely too.

RQP - thanks - think this week will be 2lb but am happy with any loss to be honest every lb counts!

sportsmom - hope you do well in your garage sale, is it done from your home or you go somewhere else? in the UK we tend to load up into our cars and do a 'car boot' sale where we put a table out and stuff comes from our car to be sold.
Hope you like the programme, I have seen progression with it. It's lovely to see progression.

I've not been to the gym for a week now (slap my own wrist) I've got a mood disorder that seems to be hitting me at the moment so I'm going easy on myself and have started back on my prozac meds to try and balance things out a bit. Losing weight will help in it's own way but I do need to get back to the gym.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Ok, its time I get back to posting. I have been having a really difficult time (various personal issues with my kids and other things - I swear there is something new to worry about every day.. today my DDs car died and sounds like it's done for), all of which has made it really hard to eat clean. I am still a few lbs over 200 and I HATE it. I am taking steps to getting back on track. I started taking vitamins again, drinking more water.. not drinking Coke anymore, and getting back to the gym. I went this morning and did the step part of the class, but sat out for the building fitness part because they were using kettle bells (which I hate) and I wasn't feeling great. I plan to go again tomorrow. Right now I just want to get back to ONEderland. Then I'll work on getting back to the 80's. I think I'm ready to do this.. I sure hope so because I am miserable. I want to feel like myself again.. but that is going to take a lot of work on the inside as well as the out.

I feel like I am so far behind in reading posts, I'm just going to jump in here and say hi to everyone and welcome all the new girls!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Got up at 4 yesterday morning to take dd15 and a few teens fishing, which was a bust on fishing, but the kids seemed to have a great time swimming and hanging out. I did a little kayaking. That was cool! And I got to visit with my sister. Got home late last night. My house and laundry in disarray and I go to work tomorrow. I am so sad to see this come to an end. What an amazing summer I have had! One of the most fun ever, I think. Just going and blowing. Today is back to making meals and freezing, planning my workouts and getting totally back on plan and feeling good. I imagine I will be going through detox myself. My sister did tell me I looked great still which helped me feel a little better about myself, but still, knowing where I was and where I am now really saddens me.

Diane - so glad to see you! Here we go!!! We can do this. I hope things start looking up for you! You are at least doing what you need to to get back on track. I'm with ya!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Beth - look at you go! Yay! I'm about to have the headache and yuck this week. I KNOW. Dreading that. We will have to share "going back to work" stories this week. hehehe Good luck to you! I know I always feel good about getting up, working out and getting dressed up. But, dang, just wearing "shoes" again....ick! LOL

Genie - good luck on the cat show! That's awesome. I love cats! We have 2 right now and feed a neighborhood stray when he comes around. Yours is a beauty!

Jane - that yard work is tough stuff and can be a good workout in itself! I was just sitting out on my deck drinking coffee and thinking I need to pay attention to my yard, but temps in the 100+ make it difficult past the morning time. Working out full time again starting in the morning for me. The garage sale was at my friend's house who is moving. Friday before I left, she had made close to $900 the first day and with my little throw stuff together, I made over $100. So not too shabby! I never heard their final number for Saturday, so am anxious to hear how they did.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! Off to enjoy and work getting the house ready to go back to work. See y'all bright and early in the a.m.!!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, I was 203 this morning, TOM just ended, and I decided to try to low carb today (I usually do good carb rather than low), because I need to try to get some of this weight off fast so I feel better and get a good head start. I'm going to try to do it at least through this week. I'm totally broke until next week anyway, so that helps! Besides wanting to feel good again and feel like myself, I don't want to start school in two weeks feeling miserable and self-conscious.. I actually don't feel like eating anything bad.. I FEEL like eating low carb. Hope that continues!

I actually went to the gym again today for step class. The step part of the class wore me out, so I skipped the building fitness part again. I plan to go again tomorrow morning, but then won't be able to go again until Friday so I will have to try to do some sort of exercise mid-week. The top of my right foot has been hurting and I don't remember doing anything to it. It's been hurting for weeks.. and is sore if I press on it. The only thing I can think of is that I have been wearing nothing but flats for weeks. hmm.

Charlene: Yes! Here we go! Let's do it! It's time.

Beth: Congrats on the job!!! Ugh I hate when you wake up and can't get back to sleep.. both Sat and today I woke up several hours earlier than planned and couldn't get back to sleep. Not cool!

Rachel: I am behind in reading posts, so I didn't see if you said how you like those shakes! I am thinking of trying them..

Jane: That is one thing I do NOT miss from when I had a house.. the yardwork! I went through spurts where I actually enjoyed it, and I do love being outside, but I just don't have much of a green thumb!

Genie: I am just trying to clean my apartment this weekend and take it easy. Life has been super stressful so I am just hanging out at home. I looked at your website, wow those are good looking kitties! I am more of a dog person myself, but my son has a beautiful cat named Mouse.. long fluffy black fur.. what a character!

RQP: Congrats on the loss!

Newgrace: hi! and welcome!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Boy am I tired this morning. We had a gig last night and got home at midnight. It took a few hours to be able to go to sleep. And we have another gig today. And I head to the office tomorrow morning. I want to get one more batch of jam done today or else the strawberries will go bad.

Diane--good for you for heading to the gym. I've not been since Wednesday and probably won't be again until Tuesday or Wednesday. I have to work out my schedule for the next few weeks so I can plan my life. Hopefully things will calm down for you soon.

Charlene--I wish I didn't have to go in tomorrow. After a two gig weekend, I'm exhausted and that wasn't the way I was planning on starting the week. Oh well. Its money and a job and I'm sure it will feel good to be back in the working world. At least it isn't full time, because I am definitely not ready for that. Glad you had a great summer. One of the benefits of working in the education system--summers off. How is your sister doing? I've not been fishing since I was a youngin' and would go with my dad on occasion.

Jane--working in the yard is definitely a great workout! We don't have a yard now (we live in a condo) but when we lived in Chicago we had a small yard and I would love to work in it. Something about putting my hands in dirt that changed everything. I have containers so I get a little bit of the gardening experience. How are you feeling now? I think Prozac is a miracle drug. It saved my life at one time many years ago.

Gina--what beautiful cats! I too am more of a dog person, but I appreciate the beauty of cats. With a dog and a parrot in my house, a cat probably would upset the apple cart! How was the show?

Rach--How are you?

Rachel--what's up with you? No run this weekend?

Hi Newgrace.

Off to jam.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Got a back and cardio workout in this morning and am dressed and ready for the first day back at work.

Beth - I bet you are exhausted. I hope you have a great first day!

Diane - hope you have a good week eating low carb and get a good start in this thing. I had my shake and my water bottle is filled. I have turkey muffins and low carb pumpkin protein bars in the freezer. Hoping to see a good loss this week myself. Hope your foot is better.

HAPPY MONDAY everyone! Have a great day!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #56

Good morning slimmers!

My 1 week results from T25 are down 2 lbs and 6 1/4"! I lost over 2" from my waist!! I am looking forward to seeing what my results will be after 10 weeks.

I am back from my weekend getaway. I ate on plan the entire time. I also ziplined for the 1st time ever!! We had a blast!

DD19 goes back to college on Saturday! This isnt going to be any easier this year! Last year I gained over 15 lbs from August till March. I finally decided to get back in control in March. I can not let my emotions control me this year!

Charlene: enjoy your 1st day back to school!

Beth: enjoy your 1st day of work!

Diane: you can do this girl!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

I did it! I made it through day 1 of lowcarbing.. not even a piece of whole grain bread! No cheats whatsoever! (well, I'm not willing to give up my frappucinno's, but they are low cal and use sf mocha)... Today I went to step class and did most of it, but during the bands portion I got lightheaded again, so sat out until the ab work. That's 3 days in a row at the gym.. yay! I of course, as expected, woke up with a migraine but took Excedrine Migraine as soon as I got up so it didn't get worse. So far today I am on the low carb wagon and going strong. I had my frapp after the gym, then brunch was scrambled eggs with cheese, sour cream and salsa, and some cherry tomatoes.

I am determined, despite all the turmoil in my life, to stay on track and get myself back. Next week I'm going to get my hair done, get a pedicure as a reward.

My dad is 84, and after retiring, he led archaeological tours in Egypt for years. He also co-wrote a book on how to read hieroglyphs, but lately he has been bored. I kept bugging him to write his auto-biography, and he finally did it! I don't know how he fit so much in only 20 pages, but he has mailed it to me and I can't wait to get it and read it! He will probably add to it over the years.. now I need to work on my mom! She says her life hasn't been nearly as interesting as my dad's, but I told her, so what? So what if you never had a lion and monkey as a pet, jumped out of planes, or toured Egypt? Her life in her words would be just as special for us all to read as dad's. We'll see!

Rachel: Woo hoo! Congrats on the lbs and inches! Hey, are you liking the Shakeology? I might order them next week... do they taste good? Do you feel they are worth it? I figure it I cut down on the almost $5 frapps I get, it will help pay for the shakes!

Charlene: Have a good day back at work! Hmmm, tell me more about these turkey muffins, did you make them? And what about the pumpkin protein bars?

Beth: How was your day at the office? Yes, I hope things start getting better soon.. I don't know about that "bad things happen in 3s" thing.. I am waaaaayyyy beyond 3!

Hi to everyone else!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #58

Diane: i love the shakes!!!! I cant say enough good about them. Only bad thing is they are very expensive!!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Rachel: Oh good! Glad you like them! They sound wonderful! I tried to find something comparable for less, but no luck. I'm definitely going to try them when I have money again. I'll just have to cut back on some of my splurges.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #60

Diane: they cost $4 a day. So far i think they are worth it! I am seeing/feeling amazing results!!!
Closed Thread