Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #91
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/194.6/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
still in the 150's though so that's good .

dh is working out side. I went and talked to the bank. we'll probably end up getting a signature loan for the higher end of what we think we might need. that way we'll have the cash if we go look at a trailer out of town and won't have to come home and get funds from the bank and go back again to get it. if we don't need it or need it all we can put it right back on the loan and pay it off if we want. we'll see. dh and I haven't talked about it too much but that is probably the route will take.

we could refinance and roll it into the car loan at a lower rate but we don't want to do that. we only owe about 2000 on the escape and would rather have that paid for.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I got a lot done yesterday too. Have laundry to put away today and I'm going to take Stella for a run here in a bit.

Weighed this morning and I'm up a pound from my low, so not bad. Hoping to have it off in a day or 2 and move into new territory.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #93
Random WIT

not bad at all! good job, DP!

I don't have any big plans today. got the main part of the house in good shape yesterday so will start on the non main areas. I always put them off because its overwhelming and nobody sees them but us so I keep not making myself get in there and get started *blush*.

dh will be working out side most the day. he's expanding his shop and is working on the cement footing and pad.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #94

Didn't do much today either. Ran 5 miles with Stella and ran to target for a few things. Laundry is about done. I asked Kyle what he wanted to do this evening and he said he wants to go to the gym they have a huge playground thing for kids. I'd have to pay $5 to bring hm because I only have Stella registered. 2 workouts a day?!? Am I going to die later?
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #95
Random WIT

haha, 2 workouts. you're gonna be FIT between those 2 kids!

I haven't done as much as yesterday but I did go upstairs and work in my room for about an hour or so. it was about all I could stand as it was getting hot up there. that's better than nothing. I mean, if I spend an hour a day it will get done a lot sooner than me just adding to the mess. we will be out of town this weekend, though. Guess if I'd get myself working earlier I might be able to do more up there but... well, just one more cup of coffee sounded good, LOL

I also got dinner in the crock pot and I think dh and I are going to a movie tonight. I don't know what but he said we should so who am I to argue .

oh and I got our extra comforter in the wash so I can put it away some where. It is the one we've used downstairs on the airbed when someone has needed to use that bed.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #96
Random WIT

ah, our ds turns 30 today! how did that happen? anyway, thought I'd share the pic that his girlfriend posted today. I think the first one was his senior year and the one on the right is recent. don't know exactly when, but that is how he looks now.

sure wish we could celebrate with him today.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #97
Random WIT

and a couple from earlier in the year with his girlfriend.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #98

Awe! How handsome! Happy birthday!!

Yup, 2 workouts. 5 mile run this morning and then I did 30 minutes stairs and 15 minutes elliptical. Surprisingly I'm not exhausted. I'm determined to hit my September 10th goal!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #99
Random WIT

thanks. I so wish we could have been with him. He slept all day and had to work anyway, but still, lol.

good job on the workouts, DP. dd22 came over and worked out last night here. she actually ran (she doesn't run, lol). right now she's motivated to get in better shape so she can get a better job, which could mean a labor type job. she wants to be able to get on at a mill or something but knows she is not in good enough shape for most of the jobs. Its not the work she really is looking forward to, but she wants something she can live on.

no big plans today. dh is working on the concrete for his shop extension. I will do some things in the house. work some more in the bedroom, etc. I also need to get something mailed off to my niece in Connecticut for the baby boy they adopted. I'm good about buying things but terrible about getting things shipped *blush*.

dh and i sent and saw the butler last night. I thought it was good. dh said it was funny in parts, sad in parts and slow in parts (not enough action). but it was a well done storey. and we went not too long after dinner so we just got something to drink and no popcorn.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #100
Random WIT

haven't done anything at home yet, but went to the chiro for an adjustment.

eye doctor called and my trial pair of contacts are in. they wanted me to set an appointment so I can put them in there and have them look at me with them, or something. normally, I just pick them up but this is a new kind so I guess they want to check them out or something. anyway, going at 1:30. sure hope these work for me and I adjust to them quickly. it can take awhile to adjust to this type so we'll see. would be nice for work, especially if they work out for me.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #101
Random WIT

yeah! trying out my new contacts that correct both far and near sided (and my astigmatism that is in one eye). I have a follow up appt. in a week or so to see how they are doing and decide if I want to go with this type or go back to my past type without the correction for the reading (dumb aging, lol).
Old 08-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #102
Random WIT

good news, I do still have my contacts in . since I haven't worn contacts much lately, she suggested I wear them about 6 hours today, then go up from there each day.

Liana came over here after her appt. with a recruiter. She's on the computer stealing our internet right now, lol but plans on running on the treadmill some time tonight.

dh is still working outside, I think making forms for a stem wall for the expansion on his shop. he got the footing poured today and wants to do the stemwall tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #103

I just ordered new contacts. I wear mine all day though so I'm sed to it

Stella was up for a bottle at 6am and went right back to sleep but then Kyle woke at 6:45 ready to go. We usually wake him up. Ugg..going to be a long day. Kyle has his physical for school today so I'm going to have to wake him from nap.

Going for a run here in a minute. Kyle wants to go play at the gym again this evening. Not sure about it yet. Guess ill see how tired I am later
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
Old 08-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #104
Random WIT

I used to wear mine all day too, DP. then when the age issue (reading) kicked in I started wearing my glasses more part of the time. if I don't have my eye correction on for distance I can see fine for reading. but if my contacts or glasses are on (for the distance issue) it makes reading smaller print harder. I found its a lot easier to just remove my glasses (for distance) easier than always having a pair of reading glasses with me to put on over my contacts. (hope that all made sense, lol).

my first impression of the new contacts is good. I think I will like them but need to wear them about a week to know for sure. It will be SO nice to not have to worry about having reading glasses with me if I have my contacts on.

have a great day, DP. I have a few errands and things to do today but no big plans.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #105
Random WIT

whew, I'm hot. I did get some exercise in today, though. I did 3 miles on the treadmil. a little bit of slow jogging, but mostly walking. and when I say slow I mean SLOW!

I showered but I just fill sticky now, ick! cooling off then a little later I'm taking doggies to get nails cut. also need to go to the store some time tonight and pick up a few things for dd22 to have this weekend since she's house/pug sitting for us.

haven't managed to get in and work in my bedroom yet today either, but I still plan to. I also am trying to get a chicken thawed to cook it up for dd22 to have for the weekend. hope it thaws enough to cook soon.

Last edited by stews; 08-22-2013 at 02:26 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #106

Yah I'm not looking forward to needing reading glasses. I'm really jealous of dh. He wears glasses for distance but not all the time. He has a hard time driving at night and watching TV mostly. Anyways..he is actually having LASIK on September 4th for free! Military covers it. I want but I'm not covered..and I'm the blind one

So I'm exhausted. Headed to bed soon. One more day without dh
Old 08-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #107
Random WIT

oh, lucky him! I've thought about lasik but that can help the distance and those issues but it isn't a fix for the age related reading issues so I'd still be stuck needing reading glasses. might as well stick with what I'm doing, especially if these contacts work for me.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #108

Yeah. Good point

Ahh..last morning without dh. Headed to the gym soon and I think ill take tomorrow off and stay in bed with hubby if the kids let us. Was going to do my long run but I'm going to hold off until Sunday and enjoy my time with family
Old 08-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #109
Random WIT

that sounds like a super plan.

I won't be around much this weekend. heading to the other side of WA to visit dd24. we will be back Monday afternoon or Evening. we were going to come back Sunday, but dd24 and her boyfriend want to cook for us on Sunday so we are staying another night
Old 08-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #110
Random WIT

my goodness, I ate too much yesterday. I didn't snack all day or anything. we stopped to eat about half way here and I had a buckwheat waffle with berries. then dinner i had a super yummy pasta dish. shouldn't have eaten it all but I couldn't stop myself. (at home, I probably would have brought some home for leftovers but we aren't home, lol). then dd24 made chocolate lava cakes last night (she knows how much her Daddy loves them). SO SO good.

going to go get breakfast in the hotel in a few minutes then don't know what is on tap most the day. dh and I are going to a farmers market in a nearby town while dd is working. we'll catch up to her later this afternoon until time to go to the cosby show. tomorrow dd works again until 2 and then her and her boyfriend are going to make dinner for us. we will take off and head towards home early in the day on Monday.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #111
Random WIT

yesterday was so not a good day. sad we had to leave our visit with dd24 early. I am feeling so blah and worse right now. getting better, but sure not myself yet.

on the plus side, we found a trailer and should get to pick it up tomorrow. dh is installing a hitch receiver on the escape now. now if we just had some days to go camping in it.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #112

Everyone is gone again
Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #113
Random WIT

Too quiet!

Good morning to you
Old 08-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #114

Morning. Feeling very blah. I'm hoping a run will help.

New low on the scale. Been stuck in the 115s for weeks
Old 08-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #115
Random WIT

sorry you are feeling blah. I SO know the feeling.

I woke up wishing my massage is today. my back is SORE. I forgot to use my knee pillow. guess it really does help me when I do, lol. sitting with a heat pad for a bit. I'm sure it will ease up soon.

I don't really have any other plans today. dh is going to work outside on finishing the form for the footing for his shop extension. I will do a little in the house, probably. don't want to, but will make myself at some point. dd22 will be coming over this afternoon when she gets off work to work out, I think. at least that is her plan.

Last edited by stews; 08-27-2013 at 09:54 AM..
Old 08-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #116
Random WIT

where is everyone? I keep checking thinking someone would post but still nothing

concert last night was REALLY good. but I woke up this morning with a terrible headache. no fair! hopefully will feel better soon, I have things to do!
Closed Thread