Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
~~LCMW~~Summer 2013

Starting us up!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad the mct has begun to agree with you, Adi. I'm finding at least once a week I'm needing to take a break from the BP coffee and just have a cup of tea. It sure helps on my busy days, though.

I hope you hear from the rescue people soon, Kritter. Paris is going to be wonderful! Such fantastic food, so healthy, even their croissants.

It's cooled down here a bit, going to see if I can cut some weeds down in the garden.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Thanks for letting me know. Getting a little speedy aren't we?
Hot hot hot here today. DS is supposed to come home next Monday for a few days to find housing at Ft. Hood. We shall see how that turns out.
Today is a DD and I am doing a potato DD. Plus a snowcone with SF cherry Davinci syrup. Pretty good. Too hot to try to do anything outside though. 104 I think it is.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi All! I am in Michigan on vacation! Have lots to tell you when I have more time and need to go back and catch up on what I've missed!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your vacation is going great!

It's been nice here, not too hot. Have been getting out in the morning and getting some good work done in the garden. Made pickled cherry tomatoes and roasted tomato sauce. I'm planning on canning some of my garlic tomorrow, pickled garlic. All this canning is giving me a sense of accomplishment.

Physically, I've felt like a wreck. For the last week my neck has been bothering me. Today finally felt like it was a bit better. And I thought getting old was flowers and candy every day.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi lilmiss - enjoy your vacation and come back to catch up with us.
Kritter - how goes the doggie adoptions?
Dak - I have nothing to can so I have been making bath bomb cupcakes. An experiment. I haven't made bath bombs in years. They are so cute with the icing. Something new for my next show.
I am feeling GREAT. I think the MCT oil has kicked in since I am consistent with it but I keep forgetting the collagen before bed. HOT here so I am cleaning house. I HATE house cleaning bu I have someone coming to do a verification milk test and I have to shovel out enough for her to get in. I know her well so isn't a big deal but DS is also going to be here. I have to spend time doing things that won't show. I opened the microwave and it looked like something had exploded in it. DH hadn't covered the roast he reheated. That took awhile to chisel off then the frig. Almost finished with it then on to the guest bed which has become a catchall. No telling what I will find cleaning it off. Got o wash a sleeping bag since her teenage son is coming with her. I will throw it on the upstairs couch and give him a pillow. Fun fun. Off to work.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 08-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so happy to hear that you're having great results with the MCT, it's been great for me too, I really love not feeling tired and wiped out after eating breakfast.

Your bath bomb cupcakes sound really cool. I think this is the first time in my life I've gotten into a project like canning, it really is a lot of fun. Yesterday DH took a picture of the Amish Paste tomatoes I picked, I've sliced them in half and have them soaking in cheap cabernet sauvignon. This afternoon I'm going to and some herbs and salt then dry them.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - those are gorgeous. I did plant some squash seeds on the patio. I used qt dannon yogurt containers with holes punched in the bottom. I figured I needed to be able to let them get pretty big before I put them out since I don't have any idea when the grasshoppers will die out. I planted regular zucchini and the pink banana squash. I need to plant some spaghetti squash next. The chard looks like it might survive the grasshoppers and put new leaves on. Yea!! Food.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Thanks for the PM Dak, I never would have found you! I'm so behind in my email so I just saw it today.

And I missed an email from the lab rescue. They sent me one on 8/2 and I just saw it today. I'm trying to schedule the home visit for either tomorrow or next Sunday.

Dak, I wonder why you're not feeling well. Do you think you're overdoing it?

adi, who is coming to visit with their daughter?

lil miss, hope you're having a great vacation!

I've been thinking I need a relaxing vacation next year. Maybe at a cabin near a lake, or at an oceanfront cottage. I started searching last night for a place that takes dogs and found a beautiful place in Provincetown, MA. It sounds like the whole town is VERY dog-friendly. My kind of place

Did I tell you I bought a new camera? Now I'm trying to figure out how to use it. It's got an amazing zoom. I need to start taking it on walks with me. I'm planning on taking a photography class this fall at one of the high schools near me.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, I'm not exactly sure what's going on with my neck. I think I may have just needed a few days where I really didn't have to go anywhere and just rest and be here at home. I drive a lot to work, and I love the work I do, but sometimes I just need to stop for a while.

What camera did you decide on? They are so much fun, I love taking pictures. (you may have noticed)

Today I made pickled garlic and dried tomatoes.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, I hope the grasshoppers are gone and you can garden in peace for a late summer harvest. At least we can go to the store and buy food, imagine, if we were depending on our crops to make it through the winter. Gives me great appreciation for farmers.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, your pictures inspired me to take more pictures! They really are beautiful and the thing is, the subjects are simple, every day life objects and I think that's what I love so much about them.

I almost swooned when I saw all of that peeled garlic in one bowl, lol. What are you pickling the garlic in. I meant to ask you, where are you storing all of your canned/pickled items? They don't need to be refrigerated right? Are you going to try to sell them at farmer's markets? Throw them in a mason jar and wrap a ribbon or some raffia around them and they'd make beautiful gifts.

Here's the camera I got Canon PowerShot SX50 HS 12MP Digital Camera with 2.8-Inch LCD (Black)

I spent some time yesterday playing with it, learning what all of the buttons are. Still confused by some of it but there's a PDF file on a disc that came with the camera that has more detailed instructions so that should help - I just haven't gotten around to installing it on my computer yet.

The lab rescue is coming this morning to do the home inspection! I'm so nervous thinking my home won't pass, LOL. I just wonder what they're looking for.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, I think I passed the home inspection! I'll find out in a few days if I'm approved. The woman mentioned that they are completely full and out of foster homes and some dogs are in kennels so I think we may be getting a dog very quickly. I think her comments about their situation will help persuade DH that we should take the dog(s) now and not wait until we come back from vacation.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations! That must feel really good to have that over with. But won't it stress your new dogs to be left for a while in October? Hopefully the guys your hoping for are in a home right now.

Garlic was canned in white vinegar, white wine, pickling salt & oregano. Very acidic, Ball recipe (the bible of canning). I'm storing my jars in a closet right now. Maybe gifts this year, have to entice my client base first, LOL.

I like your camera!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, Stella and Brandy are in a foster home and it looks like a great home. The thing is, when we go away, my nephew and his girlfriend will come and stay with them and they both love dogs, so that would work out great.

Good idea giving them away to drum up the business. And then when they start raving to their friends, that's when you reel them in
Old 08-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Than the sooner, the better!!! I was just thinking about my last dog, and how he really had abandonment issues. Otherwise, best dog in the world, but not one to leave alone in a car for a 1/2 hour.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man my skin is looking awful. I was just looking through pictures on facebook and found one from about 2009 and my skin really looked great. Plus I was about 20 pounds lighter. I think I was using the clarisonic then and I've stopped using it. Time to bring that out of hibernation. I think I was also using alpha hydroxy on a regular basis and I've gotten really lazy with that.

Did you guys hear the latest about Omega3 and that it might be bad for prostate? Funny thing is DHs doc told him to take flax seed a few years ago to help with prostate issues. He stopped after about 6 months because he didn't notice any improvement.

Gotta go log into work. We had a huge problem with our production deployment over the weekend. Made for a stressful day.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all.
kritter - an old friend is coming to do my milk verification test for my goats. Her son is with her and her daughter is supposed to come tomorrow evening. DS knows her since she went to school here a couple of years but now he isn't going to be here. He was supposed to be home tonight but his paperwork isn't ready yet so he sits another week at Ft. Benning. I was so hoping we could have a nice reunion with the two generations together but not to be.
Had a super DD since I had BPCoffee for B and nothing else all day. Was not hungry. Off to bed. Got to get up early and milk.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

HI All

Back from vacation Happy to be home.

Apparently, there is something of concern on my mammogram, they called me on vacation and I have been pretty much a wreck ever since. I go tomorrow for an ultrasound.

Be back to catch up later! Lots of unpacking, laundry etc
Old 08-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss It's a shame that you had to hear that on your vacation. I think most of the time these things turn out to be nothing but with your family history, you're probably extra nervous.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - they call me in for an ultrasound every time I have ever had a mammogram and there has never been an issue.

GOOD NEWS!!! DS will be home tomorrow for sure. And the house is almost clean from cleaning for my other company so I am in great shape.
Friend's daughter did not come but the teenage boy helped DH all day Saturday brand, build and operate so DH gave him $50. Both were happy. So my milk test is done and verified and shipped to the lab. I am so happy that my girls will now earn their milk stars. Two have already milked enough for theirs but I have a couple that can't make it unless they milk the entire 305 days. Ugh.
Dak - My squash have sprouted. I am so excited. DH is putting the mower on the tractor so he can mow the weeds in the garden and then disc it so I can plant my precious plants after the grasshoppers are gone.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

I have not had a good start today. Just out the coffee on when the bphone rang. DS is about 40 miles from home and has a flat. Not just a flat but a flat on a ginormous big wide expensive tire. You can't just change those. DH gathers up an extra tire from when he got this set and other stuff and heads out. I get AAA on the way. Tire can't be saved. He ran over something and it has a big chunk out of it so got the truck towed to the tire shop which is going to put one of the old tires on it and he is going to come home the back way very slowly with DH following him. He drove all night so he is bound to be exhausted. DH had just started milking so I have just finished the morning chores. Had a BP coffee while milking although I would have rather had real food since today is an UD. Having an early lunch of salad and HB eggs. Not bad. Wonder what else can happen today?
I sure seem to have a lot of energy these days with the MCT oil. I haven't been very good about the collagen so I know that isn't it. I had 600 calories yesterday in 2 BP coffees and no food. I am down to 138 this morning. Strange sincve the calorie count is higher than I normally eat on DD's.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Hmmm. Not a good day here either adi! Is there something in the air? Ultrasound didnt go well, have to have a biopsy tomorrow
Old 08-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss! I'm glad they can do the biopsy so quickly.

Adi, everyone's home safe and sound?
Old 08-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - I am so sorry you have to go through that.
kritter - all home safe and sound. He drove home the back way nice and slow in case the old tire they put on blew out but I honestly can't tell it from the others. DS went to the Chinese place for lunch and back home for a nap. He asked me to wake him up at 7 which I did but he did not get up which I am glad. He went right back to sleep.
I have to go to work tomorrow since I found me a clerical person,. we have to get a bunch of stuff done before Monday. Boo and it is Friday and a DD.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss, did they say when the results will be back?

We went out to dinner Saturday night to a new place. DH was really disappointed with his meal and I'd have to agree. His fried calamari was awful - soggy and belch. But my meal was great. I got a salad with lump crabmeat and a lemon dressing that was so good. And then I had salmon in a red sauce - similar to puttanesca.

So last night I tried to duplicate the salad dressing but in order to get it lemony enough, it was kind of watery. Thinking I might have to reduce the lemon juice and maybe add some zest.

DH and I are off today. We're going to go to New Hope and have lunch and walk around a bit. It's a fun, historic town in Bucks County along the river.

Haven't heard back from the dog rescue. My application was submitted Friday so hopefully I'll hear in a day or two.

My employees are driving me crazy. They are all incredibly immature. I don't think I'm cut out to be a manager, lol. I just don't have the patience. I've been seriously thinking of looking for a telecommuting job. Our company does have a lot of them but there aren't a lot at my level but I think I'd be willing to go down a job grade for the convenience it would afford.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Today they are supposed to call. I'm very nervous
Old 08-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The waiting is torture.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

It's BENIGN! So relieved!

Have to go back in 6 months for an ultrasound again.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss, that's great news! Are you and DH going to celebrate? I'll use any excuse to celebrate